PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jack Stack

chinaski
01-28-2020, 11:41 AM
Wife insisted I order Jack Stack for the game, so I did.

Pork Spare Ribs
Burnt Ends
Beans
Cheesy Corn

FYI, they can guarantee delivery Nationwide if you order today before Noon CST. Which is about 20 minutes away. Mahomes15 will get you 15% off. :D

I'm not affiliated with Jack Stack at all, just providing a little PSA

:)

bdj23
01-28-2020, 11:47 AM
How does that work? It just comes in a styrofoam container with dry ice and you re-heat it in the oven?

smithandrew051
01-28-2020, 11:48 AM
No carrot cake?

alpha_omega
01-28-2020, 12:17 PM
In before someone says JS sux.

Fish
01-28-2020, 12:18 PM
Jack Stack sucks.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-28-2020, 12:24 PM
Ribs at Jack Stack https://media2.giphy.com/media/oeeUylBwAgU2A/giphy.gif my god you can't go wrong with any of them

Mephistopheles Janx
01-28-2020, 12:27 PM
How does that work? It just comes in a styrofoam container with dry ice and you re-heat it in the oven?

Yup... exactly this. I had 3lb of burnt ends sent to me when I was living in Denver. Good shit.

O.city
01-28-2020, 12:29 PM
The prime beef rib at Jack Stack may be the best thing I've ever put in my mouth.

BossChief
01-28-2020, 12:40 PM
Wow. I had no idea good bbq places deliver nationwide.

tooge
01-28-2020, 12:40 PM
The prime beef rib at Jack Stack may be the best thing I've ever put in my mouth.

Im sure there are plenty of jokes here

bdj23
01-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Jack Stack sucks.

Lol no it doesn't. It might not be as good as your favorite bbq place, but it certainly doesn't suck.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-28-2020, 12:53 PM
Lol no it doesn't. It might not be as good as your favorite bbq place, but the certainly doesn't suck.

Does not suck. Joes is better

neech
01-28-2020, 12:56 PM
I like Jack Stack.

burt
01-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Does not suck. Joes is better

Even a 49ers fan understands....BBQ is subjective. FOR ME. 1) Bryants 2) Jack Stack 3) Joes and a few others

TribalElder
01-28-2020, 01:03 PM
Beans & Cheesy Corn

you just won congrats!

Mr. Plow
01-28-2020, 01:09 PM
Wow. I had no idea good bbq places deliver nationwide.

Neither did I. Ordered Joe's and got it today.

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2020, 01:16 PM
FYI, I ordered from Jack Stack twice around 2010. Never again.

It's shipped in styrofoam container on dry ice. The sides weren't bad, per se (cheesy corn and beans, IIRC) but the brisket and burnt ends tasted nasty and completely freezer burned.

I notified Jack Stack the following day and was sent a replacement order free of charge but unfortunately, all of the food tasted exactly the same.

Hopefully, they've improved their freezing process since then. Good luck!

Sorce
01-28-2020, 01:35 PM
Q39 for brisket. Joe's for ribs. Jackstack for sides. Gates for yelling at you. All of them do good BBQ but excel in one area over the others.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

underEJ
01-28-2020, 01:55 PM
For anyone in Los Angeles, I got some really good bbq from Max City in Eagle Rock. Wasn't crazy about their sauce, but if you keep kc sauce around the house like most people you'll do fine. I shared a couple of the combo trays with a group of people from KC, Texas, Mexico, and Louisiana and everyone agreed the meat was delicious (except for the weirdo from Seattle who ordered the chicken.)

So for my super bowl game plan, I ordered sides from Jack Stack to be shipped, have gates and joes sauce already, and will pick up the brisket and ribs from Max City. All I have to make are salad and snacks, and my Louisiana friend is making pralines.

TLO
01-28-2020, 01:56 PM
That cheesy corn tho..

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2020, 02:48 PM
For anyone in Los Angeles, I got some really good bbq from Max City in Eagle Rock. Wasn't crazy about their sauce, but if you keep kc sauce around the house like most people you'll do fine. I shared a couple of the combo trays with a group of people from KC, Texas, Mexico, and Louisiana and everyone agreed the meat was delicious (except for the weirdo from Seattle who ordered the chicken.)

So for my super bowl game plan, I ordered sides from Jack Stack to be shipped, have gates and joes sauce already, and will pick up the brisket and ribs from Max City. All I have to make are salad and snacks, and my Louisiana friend is making pralines.

Awesome!

Have you tried Rufus Teague's BBQ sauce? For years, I could only get it at BBQ's Galore but recently, I've been able to find it at Ralphs and the Handy Market in Burbank (which also carries really high quality steaks at a great price). It's one of my favorites.

Have a great party and thanks for the tip on Max City! :)

rabblerouser
01-28-2020, 02:53 PM
That cheesy corn tho..

Mmmmmmm...Jack Stack cheesy corn...

Baby Lee
01-28-2020, 02:55 PM

Yup... exactly this. I had 3lb of burnt ends sent to me when I was living in Denver. Good shit.

It's shipped in styrofoam container on dry ice. The sides weren't bad, per se (cheesy corn and beans, IIRC) but the brisket and burnt ends tasted nasty and completely freezer burned.

I notified Jack Stack the following day and was sent a replacement order free of charge but unfortunately, all of the food tasted exactly the same.

Can vouch for all, with a date exemption. We had a similar experience around the same time as Dane. Ordered JackStack into office around 2008-2010, and in our case the dry ice failed and the meat had been thawed in transit for days, . . . rotten. Since it was a office function matter, just got a refund.

Hope they have tightened up their procedures, I know plenty of other vendors have done this successfully in recent years, but it was a styrofoam, dry-ice, priority shipping situation back them, and it didn't happen to work in our case.

Infidel Goat
01-28-2020, 02:59 PM
The Z-man sandwich kit is in transit to me right now...

The brisket, which is what I ordered a few days ago, is now out of stock. The price per sandwich was pretty much in line with what you pay at the restaurant; it's just the shipping that marks things up a bit.

rabblerouser
01-28-2020, 03:03 PM
Q39 for brisket. Joe's for ribs. Jackstack for sides. Gates for yelling at you. All of them do good BBQ but excel in one area over the others.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bryant's for Pulled Pork.

Kiimo
01-28-2020, 03:07 PM

Yeah they sell Gates and Bryant's at BBQ Galore on Ventura in Sherman Oaks.

Personally I'm all about Wabash so just bring that home every time I visit and swing by McGonigals.

Also the BBQ in a small little joint on Moorpark and Colfax is good.

https://menupages.com/uncle-andres-bbq/11715-moorpark-st-studio-city

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2020, 03:29 PM

They order both the Zarda Original and Spicy but they're often out of stock. The manager told me they sell it almost as quickly as they receive it to which I asked "Why not order more?".

:shrug:

They used to sell the Zarda Poultry seasoning, which is my favorite, but stopped a few years back, so my parents just bring a few each time they visit.

SuperBowl4
01-28-2020, 03:42 PM
KOBE BEEF BURNT ENDS :thumb: IN MEMORY OF KOBE

SuperBowl4
01-28-2020, 03:43 PM

Personally I'm all about Wabash so just bring that home every time I visit and swing by McGonigals.

Also the BBQ in a small little joint on Moorpark and Colfax is good.

https://menupages.com/uncle-andres-bbq/11715-moorpark-st-studio-cityJalapeno Pete's!! :arrow: GO CHIEFS! :arrow: WOLFPACK!

wheeler08
01-28-2020, 03:49 PM
I’m in Indiana, I ordered a box full of meat from KC Joes. I’ve never been there in person, I’m hoping it’s at least better than what I would make. I’m not expecting it to be as good as being there in person.

Kiimo
01-28-2020, 03:49 PM
Yeah I can walk to Jalapeno Pete's but screw that private viewing at a 3m house in West Hollywood was offered and welp gonna watch the Chiefs win the SB in the pool. It's easier to wash off the BBQ sauce that way.

dirk digler
01-28-2020, 04:04 PM
I was going to pick up some food from Joe's for the SB but maybe I will do Jack's Stack instead. Beats cooking

SupDock
01-28-2020, 04:39 PM
We just placed an order for our party. Thanks for the FYI

Lilmrp117
01-28-2020, 05:50 PM

I ordered a package of ribs, burnt ends, and chopped brisket with beans and carrot cake just a couple days ago. I live in socal so now I'm getting worried after seeing your comment. Hope they've improved since then.

TLO
01-28-2020, 06:44 PM
KOBE BEEF BURNT ENDS :thumb: IN MEMORY OF KOBE

There's a really, REALLY inappropriate joke in there somewhere.