PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Calmer than any post-season game, ever.

BigRedChief
01-29-2020, 01:28 AM
I was a nervous wreck before both playoff games. Every “because, Chiefs” horrible thing going through my head. Something will go wrong.

I’m a lot calmer for the Super Bowl than I’ve been for any post season game. 50+ years waiting so It seems like a weird calm that shouldn’t exist. Maybe it’s because Mahones came back from 24, 10 twice. He will find a way to get it done calm.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Demonpenz
01-29-2020, 01:45 AM
This franchise is over the hump. They might not win the title now but that there was serious doubts in my mind the chiefs were ever going to be in the superbowl again. Now that it is done I can see them going to a whole bunch. It also seems like the Brees Brady Big Ben Rogers are done being elite

MMXcalibur
01-29-2020, 01:47 AM
I think any type of calm being experienced now is the satisfaction in finally reaching a level that a majority of us never thought we would see. We know this team is absolutely capable of winning the game on Sunday, but I believe most of us think we're playing with house money right now because this is a brand new experience.

I need to keep reminding myself that this this opportunity may never come again and I can't be content quite yet.

This calm will be gone after the last bit of confetti is swept up in Miami. Regardless of a win or loss on Sunday, nobody will be pleased with simply making Super Bowl 55. We'll have all raised our expectations to that final step.

SeattleChiefFan
01-29-2020, 01:57 AM
Yep. Oddly, it’s because of Because Chiefs that I am calm. I feared I’d never get to say “The Chiefs are in the fucking Super Bowl!!” Because, well, Chiefs.

But now that we’ve pushed through that, a strange calm has come over me, like fifty years of BCism has been washed away with Mahomes Magic.

Now, that all said, ask me Sunday how I feel and all bets are off.....

scho63
01-29-2020, 02:09 AM
I mentioned this already in two other threads: all my emotions from 50 years came pouring out from the Sammy Watkins TD through the end of the game and trophy presentations. Cried like a proud father.

I am not even close to nervous. Will see once the game starts may be a different story.

Redbled
01-29-2020, 02:21 AM
I like knowing that our season won’t end early. We get to play as long as any other team regardless of the outcome.

Demonpenz
01-29-2020, 02:42 AM
if the game goes into overtime we would have watched the max amount of chiefs possible

TwistedChief
01-29-2020, 02:42 AM
As much as we want them to win a Super Bowl, as fans of this team we also just want them to be respectable and be a team we can have some pride in. Be a team that doesn't find the most creatively disappointing ways to lose year in and year out.

Right now, we've done exactly what we should've done in the playoffs against inferior teams. And we've finally made the Super Bowl. There's a lot to be proud of - as a Chiefs fan - regardless how Sunday goes. That's how I'm feeling at least.

Ghost of Maslowski
01-29-2020, 02:49 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/VN2yG7yD/when-you-see-it.jpg

Nickhead
01-29-2020, 03:20 AM
garopollo is the next alex smith :thumb:

Nickhead
01-29-2020, 03:22 AM
As much as we want them to win a Super Bowl, as fans of this team we also just want them to be respectable and be a team we can have some pride in. Be a team that doesn't find the most creatively disappointing ways to lose year in and year out.

Right now, we've done exactly what we should've done in the playoffs against inferior teams. And we've finally made the Super Bowl. There's a lot to be proud of - as a Chiefs fan - regardless how Sunday goes. That's how I'm feeling at least.

i plan to watch the game by myself. so i can cry win or lose without any witnesses :thumb:

UChieffyBugger
01-29-2020, 03:29 AM
Guys let's stop the "I'm just happy to be In the final" talk. YES I'm frikking nervous because I want to witness my Chiefs lift the trophy In this lifetime. I'm sure when the Dolphins fans reached the final with Morino they must have thought it was the first of many trips...but it never happened again and I don't want us to suffer the same fate.

TwistedChief
01-29-2020, 03:33 AM
Guys let's stop the "I'm just happy to be In the final" talk. YES I'm frikking nervous because I want to witness my Chiefs lift the trophy In this lifetime. I'm sure when the Dolphins fans reached the final with Morino they must have thought it was the first of many trips...but it never happened again and I don't want us to suffer the same fate.

People derive enjoyment from sports in different ways. As a perfect example, you evidently derive enjoyment from being an idiot on a message board pertaining to your team. I don't judge you for that. In fact, I often support you implicitly by ignoring what you post rather than thumbs-downing it.

Titty Meat
01-29-2020, 04:10 AM
Honestly after winning the AFC Championship I think I poured every emotion into it and partied hard. I'm pretty drained. Excited but not nervous for this game.

UChieffyBugger
01-29-2020, 04:29 AM
People derive enjoyment from sports in different ways. As a perfect example, you evidently derive enjoyment from being an idiot on a message board pertaining to your team. I don't judge you for that. In fact, I often support you implicitly by ignoring what you post rather than thumbs-downing it.

Bro...take your computer/laptop/phone AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR STUPID ASS!!!..because I couldn't give to fecks about your opinion of me, period. And furthermore I'd urge you to take your "ignoring" of me a step further and press the damn ignore button so we never have to interact again!!.

DRU
01-29-2020, 04:29 AM
They may not win this game. They may even lose because of some weird, fluky, BS garbage!

They may even win that same way.

Whatever happens, it's not "because, Chiefs." At this point, it's simply "because, NFL."

Partially because they've made it impossible for some sort of nonsense not to happen on one side, the other, or both. But also because that's just football.

On that note, I think we definitely have an edge in the stupid shit department, but hey, I'll take it. If all else fails, send everybody on Go routes. They can't keep up, and they'll either hold/interfere or it'll be 6. :)

Dunerdr
01-29-2020, 07:01 AM
I try to sleep in on off days from the gym like this morning, but still at 4:25 chiefs offensive line vs san fran defensive line match ups pour in my head. I'm suddenly awake slightly panicky. I go the to the gym anyway, listen to locked on chiefs podcast and others. I run my mile and a half, get blood pumping to my pea brain, and think man theres no way that secondary can slow down this wide out group. WE HAVE A MAHOMES! As long as this guys are focused this week we have nothing to fear, no team past or present imo.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-29-2020, 07:02 AM
I agree. We're over the hump. Win or lose I've enjoyed this season more than any ever.

Mahomes got us within 1 play of the SB last year and got us there this year.

The future is bright.

Why Not?
01-29-2020, 07:04 AM
I try to sleep in on off days from the gym like this morning, but still at 4:25 chiefs offensive line vs san fran defensive line match ups pour in my head. I'm suddenly awake slightly panicky. I go the to the gym anyway, listen to locked on chiefs podcast and others. I run my mile and a half, get blood pumping to my pea brain, and think man theres no way that secondary can slow down this wide out group. WE HAVE A MAHOMES! As long as this guys are focused this week we have nothing to fear, no team past or present imo.

Take out all the gym parts and this is basically where I’ve been at.

Dunerdr
01-29-2020, 07:14 AM
Take out all the gym parts and this is basically where I’ve been at.

I wake up in the middle of the night with a because chiefs mentality, then once im awake and of a clear mind, i like our chances a lot. I listened to a film break down podcast on the athletic and it almost sounded like they were trying not to gush about Mahomes.

chiefzilla1501
01-29-2020, 07:23 AM
I can't explain it either. Wasnt nervous about Houston. Was more nervous than any game I can remember vs Tennessee. Strangely calm about this one. Not because I'm overconfident. Win or lose this team has proven a hell of a lot this season. Just go out and have fun.

candyman
01-29-2020, 07:29 AM
This calm will be gone after the last bit of confetti is swept up in Miami. Regardless of a win or loss on Sunday, nobody will be pleased with simply making Super Bowl 55. We'll have all raised our expectations to that final step.
Nobody will be pleased but I won't be miserable upset for several days like I am with every other loss. Just making it to the Superbowl, all the attention, the new haters and the excitement is enough for me. Winning would be icing on the cake. The only thing that would really ruin it for me is if we get blown out, but with Pat there's no way that happens.

limested
01-29-2020, 07:30 AM
I really don’t understand getting nervous over a game you are not involved in and have less than zero impact on the outcome of it.

ChiTown
01-29-2020, 07:40 AM
I wake up in the middle of the night with a because chiefs mentality, then once im awake and of a clear mind, i like our chances a lot. I listened to a film break down podcast on the athletic and it almost sounded like they were trying not to gush about Mahomes.

Andy to the the Chiefs Fans before Sunday’s game:

“The Funerals end today!”
https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-07-2018/j1cV9b.gif

TwistedChief
01-29-2020, 07:42 AM
I really don’t understand getting nervous over a game you are not involved in and have less than zero impact on the outcome of it.

Oh, ok.

wazu
01-29-2020, 07:44 AM
Dunno if I’m less nervous. This is the best Chiefs team I’ve ever seen, and I don’t think they can get much better. They’re in the big game with a chance at the prize after all these years. I am enjoying it, but hopes are high and that always means risking heartbreak.

Chris Meck
01-29-2020, 07:49 AM
I'm positively serene.

I want to win.

I expect to win.

I BELIEVE we will win.

I will not be crushed if we don't; not like all of those play-off heartbreaks.

But let me be clear- we're going to win this thing.

FringeNC
01-29-2020, 07:55 AM
I'm confident now, but was also against Houston and the Titans. Then the game started...

I bet very few teams in the playoffs come back from down 10-0 and 17-7 let alone 24-0. Crazy ride so far.

Hydrae
01-29-2020, 08:06 AM
I'm positively serene.

I want to win.

I expect to win.

I BELIEVE we will win.

I appreciate it when the bus driver lets us all know everything is under control and okay. Phew!

:D

SAUTO
01-29-2020, 08:09 AM
isnt there already at least one thread about this exact subject?

R Clark
01-29-2020, 08:13 AM

Well I am not sure but I think it’s called being a fan . Also different levels of it , it’s quite of an experience you should check it out sometime

SAUTO
01-29-2020, 08:14 AM
I don't see this as a "Marino" situation. We are never going back, This is our only shot. Mahomes is the real deal. We are not going back every year but we will get another shot at that trophy.

I'm done being nervous "because, Chiefs", kickers, jinxs etc. Mahomes crushed all that crap. It's a new era.

isnt there already at least one thread about this exact subject?

yep there are, and you posted multiple times and voted in the poll in one of them.

are you always an attention whore?

htismaqe
01-29-2020, 08:15 AM
I'm positively serene.

I want to win.

I expect to win.

I BELIEVE we will win.

:clap::clap::clap:

Chris Meck
01-29-2020, 08:19 AM
yep there are, and you posted multiple times and voted in the poll in one of them.

well, you know, as long as there's a "pole".

htismaqe
01-29-2020, 08:23 AM

ROFL

htismaqe
01-29-2020, 08:24 AM

https://www.allmystery.de/i/ta81ec0_pole_dancing_fail_-funny_animation_gif_8.gif

chiefzilla1501
01-29-2020, 08:34 AM
I'm positively serene.

I want to win.

I expect to win.

I BELIEVE we will win.

I'm 100% with you. I was nervous as hell about Tennessee. More nervous than I've ever felt. Probably because we've gone too far to lose to a team like that. I feel good about this one and proud of this team, win or lose. But we will win, so even better.

petegz28
01-29-2020, 08:36 AM
I am nothing close to what I was the last 2 games. We made it to the show. It's like, you got the date to the prom now it's just a matter of if you get laid afterwards or not? Even if you don't you still got to go.

Dayze
01-29-2020, 08:41 AM
After the comeback against the Titans, all the Chiefs cursed ghosts of past were exorcised.
no longer the same old Chiefs. Even if they don't win it all this year, their trajectory is nearly straight up.

We get to witness dominance by our team to the rest of the conference and possibly NFL for many many years, while other teams (specifically AFC teams) scramble to figure out how to keep up.

as we all have ALWAYS thought......until you have a legit franchise QB...you're not winning anything. Patrick is a Franchise QB + best player in the league.....double bonus.

Chris Meck
01-29-2020, 08:45 AM
It's like this:

I told y'all a month before the play-offs that the Titans scared me. They're the sort of team that has given Reid's Chiefs fits for years now. Derrick Henry scared me more than Lamar Jackson by far.

We didn't just hold up and squeak by; we dominated.

Now we get another team that expects to win that same way.

It's really quite simple:

If the Chiefs come out and play well and don't do a bunch of stupid shit like drop passes all over the place, or get stupid penalties, or muff punts, or forget to block guys on punt teams, then they'll win.

For the 49'ers to win, they need to play well and they need to Chiefs to make stupid mistakes.

It's really that simple.

IF The Chiefs play well, the 49'ers will not be able to stop them.

Their only hope is we come out and repeat the first quarter of the Texans game.

I don't think they will.

And I think the Chiefs front four is going to be dominant.

limested
01-29-2020, 08:46 AM
Well I am not sure but I think it’s called being a fan . Also different levels of it , it’s quite of an experience you should check it out sometime

You can be a fan without letting something that you have zero control over and in reality has no real impact on your life affect your life this way.

candyman
01-29-2020, 08:48 AM
https://www.allmystery.de/i/ta81ec0_pole_dancing_fail_-funny_animation_gif_8.gif

Why was a pillow on the ceiling?

ptlyon
01-29-2020, 08:57 AM
So you don't scratch the ceiling

ReynardMuldrake
01-29-2020, 08:58 AM
I'm not nervous at all. I just can't wait to see what PMII does on the big stage. It's a weird feeling.

KCJake
01-29-2020, 09:07 AM
For me it's two things, the Chiefs made it. There's already a sense of accomplishment that comes with making it to the super bowl. The pressure is off in a way. Number two is, I'm really confident the Chiefs are gonna win this game. This offense is playing so well right now. Don't you guys get the feeling that we're gonna score every time we have the football ?? The 49ers look pretty one dimensional. Stop the run and we win. Sounds familiar right? The titans, Henry

DRM08
01-29-2020, 09:09 AM
At least they took care of business in their home stadium. Super Bowl win would be amazing, but I feel like it’s a 50/50 game. If they lose, oh well. At least they defended home turf in the playoffs.

BigRedChief
01-29-2020, 09:13 AM
I can't explain it either. Wasnt nervous about Houston. Was more nervous than any game I can remember vs Tennessee. Strangely calm about this one. Not because I'm overconfident. Win or lose this team has proven a hell of a lot this season. Just go out and have fun.Same. Not over confident at all. San Fran is the real deal. They are a damn good football team. But, as others said, it feels like we are over the hump, on a better trek as a team. :thumb:

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 09:17 AM
everybody wants a happy ending

but it doesn't always roll that way

maybe this time

Chris Meck
01-29-2020, 09:29 AM
For me it's two things, the Chiefs made it. There's already a sense of accomplishment that comes with making it to the super bowl. The pressure is off in a way. Number two is, I'm really confident the Chiefs are gonna win this game. This offense is playing so well right now. Don't you guys get the feeling that we're gonna score every time we have the football ?? The 49ers look pretty one dimensional. Stop the run and we win. Sounds familiar right? The titans, Henry

This is what I mean.

For the 49'ers to win, they have to play lights-out.

and they need the Chiefs to fuck up a bunch of things.

I don't think they will.

KChiefs1
01-29-2020, 09:39 AM
Just imagine how calm you are now compared to if they win on Sunday.

jerryaldini
01-29-2020, 09:40 AM
It was finding ways to lose a series of home playoff games that they should have won that created the pressure. It even made the non superstitious feel cursed. That is over.

BigRedChief
01-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Just imagine how calm you are now compared to if they win on Sunday.I've already taken the day off on Monday.

MahiMike
01-29-2020, 09:49 AM
This franchise is over the hump. They might not win the title now but that there was serious doubts in my mind the chiefs were ever going to be in the superbowl again. Now that it is done I can see them going to a whole bunch. It also seems like the Brees Brady Big Ben Rogers are done being elite

Well I think we're not quite over that hump yet. Win this game and more will follow. Lose and the pressure mounts. That being said, we will win.

ChiTown
01-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Look, after the 1st QTR of the Titans game, I got really down. And to be honest, I’m ashamed that I was. I should never doubt the power and resolve of this team, especially with #15 at the helm. No more. Come hell or high water, I’m not changing my mind on the outcome of this Super Bowl game. This is a team of destiny. I have no worries. I saw first hand what these guys are all about at the AFC CG. We are gonna win this thing. Period.

ChiefsCountry
01-29-2020, 09:56 AM
It's just like 2015 with the Royals. You know its happening just got to wait to make it official.

siberian khatru
01-29-2020, 10:17 AM
I feel the same way I did with the 1980 Royals. Getting past the Yankees was the biggest hurdle. Losing the World Series (and blowing leads in 3 of the 4 losses) was disappointing, for sure, but it hurt far less than the losses in 76-78 (especially 77, which was a Chiefs-like horror show).

So I'm still floating on the AFC Champ game (and the Division game). We eliminated the ghosts and all the doubts. That clears the way for the future, even if we lose Sunday.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 10:19 AM
Look, after the 1st QTR of the Titans game, I got really down. And to be honest, I’m ashamed that I was. I should never doubt the power and resolve of this team, especially with #15 at the helm. No more. Come hell or high water, I’m not changing my mind on the outcome of this Super Bowl game. This is a team of destiny. I have no worries. I saw first hand what these guys are all about at the AFC CG. We are gonna win this thing. Period.

LOL

10-0 is like being down 3 points for this team.

ModSocks
01-29-2020, 10:20 AM
Not nervous. It's hard to be nervous with Patrick Mahomes on your team. At best it's a blowout, at worst Patrick Mahomes will have a chance to lead a game winning TD in the 4th.

Much like the Titans game, the more i think about this matchup the more my confidence grows.

ModSocks
01-29-2020, 10:22 AM

It's called being a fan. Short for "Fanatic". You don't understand because you don't share the same passion for the team that others do.

Iowanian
01-29-2020, 10:26 AM
I'm more at peace as a Chiefs fan than I've ever been.

There were some mid season bumps that were unnerving, but the playoffs have been very enjoyable and fulfilling.

The Chiefs are going to WIN the superbowl.

Rasputin
01-29-2020, 10:32 AM
I've already taken the day off on Monday.

I'm taking the week off because I want to go to the parade I'm figuring Tuesday or Wednesday. I booked a hotel in Kansas City those are getting taken quick.

suzzer99
01-29-2020, 10:37 AM
Has anyone else lost all motivation to work out or do cardio? This is usually the time of year I hit the gym hard to get over my Chiefs pain.

I'm just too damn content right now.

Dunerdr
01-29-2020, 10:39 AM
The absolutely terrible football fack Shek podcast keeps coming back to traditionally the number 1 d vs number 1 o is won by defense, theres one case recently then one in the 90s and then alot of really old examples. Then he keeps throwing out Mahomes is just like Marino this will be his trip and he will lose. STFU man. New era, new hero new Chiefs.

ChiTown
01-29-2020, 11:14 AM
LOL

10-0 is like being down 3 points for this team.

Sorry, I meant the Houston game, (21-0), not the Titans game. I was at the AFC CG and never had a worry. Trust me

InChiefsHeaven
01-29-2020, 11:29 AM
It's because none of us..ever...have been here before. We're all like people who never thought they would getting invited to the penthouse floor of a luxury hotel. Never seen it before, don't even know how to feel about it. Not nervous, but excited. It's all new. none of this been there done that shit...we've never seen this before.

Even the last SB win in 1970...lets face it, the NFL has grown leaps and bounds as far as hype and all the pomp and circumstance. I mean, when they won it in 1970, I'd wager not many people even saw the game. Now, the WHOLE DAMN WORLD is watching our boys. It's bigger, more spectacular and we've never seen this before.

Oh, and we're gonna beat the 9ers. It's just our time...I'm not nervous at all. I got that out two weeks ago.

Imon Yourside
01-29-2020, 11:34 AM
As a Chief fan i went from Doom please daddy don't hurt me mode to Bring em' all on. Looking forward to the ass kicking that we're about to dish out. We are in Attack mode now not curl up and game manage and hope we win mode.

rabblerouser
01-29-2020, 11:52 AM

Are you always a total asshole with nothing worthwhile to say?

Yes. Yes, you are.

I'm putting you back on ignore. This was an awesome, positive thread until SAUTO posted.

Buddha weeps.

luv
01-29-2020, 11:55 AM
I'm anxious to see my team in the big game. It's more of an excited type of anxious at this point, though. I have a feeling I'll be more nervous come game day.

CaliforniaChief
01-29-2020, 11:56 AM
What is this?

Yes, I'm nervous. Yes, I believe we're going to win.

But if I don't walk outta that stadium as a fan of the new World Champion, I'm gonna be a little bitter.

So right now I'm enjoying the ride...but you best believe I'm going full-balls to the wall-live and die on every play Chiefs fan the moment I see that stadium.

Frazod
01-29-2020, 11:58 AM
I'm just tired of fucking waiting. Seems like the championship game was a month ago. :banghead:

ChiTown
01-29-2020, 12:02 PM
I'm just tired of ****ing waiting. Seems like the championship game was a month ago. :banghead:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/kHaO6UoYcoC3K/giphy.gif

I leave for MyJammy Friday evening:banghead:

The Iron Chief
01-29-2020, 12:13 PM
I must agree that I'm way more calm going into this Sunday than I ever thought I would be.

Like many of you though its a strange kind of calm that I'm having trouble figuring out.
I was WAY more nervous going into the AFC Champ game.
As a Chief fan I naturally go into all Playoff games on the nervous side..because Chiefs.
I agree with the sex analogy I've heard.
The week leading up to the AFC Champ game was like Foreplay.
The game itself was like one of those real good sex moments that lasted awhile and ended in a Bang!
Afterwards your satisfied with a dumb ass smile on your face still want more sex but not right now for now your at peace...
hard to work yourself right back up to that intensity level again right away.

I'm one of the out of towners so all the Hype I get is either on here or the media.
Sadly I cant share my feelings at a KC local pub or with a neighbor.
And a lot of the media shows have left me flat.
Inside the NFL this week and the latest Franchise episode helped.
Media day and seeing the smiles on the KC players and staff of course help.

Please allow a quick out of town story..
This morning I went to get my haircut.
Its a big place I've been going to for years.
Sports Bar..ber...shop memorabilia on all the walls etc.
Owner and staff know i'm a Chiefs fan so I walk into the shop with my Chiefs hoodie on and before I sit to wait they all say Congrats and all the people waiting said the same.
Everyone in there said they want the Chiefs to win & they meant it.
The Superbowl talk never ended while I was there.
These non Chief fans never stopped talking..back and forth it would go.
20 people going on and on I barely had to chime in.
Mahomes is unstoppable.
Their going to double team Hill and Kelce so big game for Robinson and Watkins.
Hardmans fast too...
If Mahomes gets the ball last...
Reid deserves this...
Chiefs Defense is on fire..
Honey Badger ..Clark..Jones..
I was starting to think where the Hell am I?!

So on the way out I got all the good luck..were rooting for the Chiefs..they'll do it for Reid..
I said I agree its hard not to think how important it is for Reid to get the win behind him & you never know how many more shots you'll get Marino once..Reid 15 yrs ago..
Then the owner cuts me off shakes my hand and says
You are a Chiefs fan right?
I trust you've watched at least two games in the last two years(being a smart ass)..
Mahomes is NOT Marino how the hell can you even question that Mahomes and Reid wont be back multiple times in the next few yrs.
Mahomes is special...you should watch a couple of games.

I laughed
Then I said maybe some of this Giants stuff can come down and make room for some Chiefs representation.

He says If the Chiefs win he'll put up a Mahomes poster.

So a simple trip to get my haircut brought some of that AFC Champ game foreplay feeling back.

chiefzilla1501
01-29-2020, 12:36 PM
I'm just drinking it all in. The media coverage. The hype videos, the interviews. The fall of the Patriots. The egg on the face of those critics who claimed mahomes couldn't win big games or was figured out. It's not having this sinking feeling of a massive gap in our team that will embarrass us on national TV. If we made the super bowl last year, I would've almost said to myself... Great, but screw that defense.

Then there's everything we've overcome. All the heartaches. Then a roller coaster year with injuries, setbacks, setbacks on setbacks. We have nothing more to prove. Now we just take care of business. At this point getting worked up about it would be like complaining about overcooked chips at a world class resort.

rabblerouser
01-29-2020, 12:40 PM
I'm just drinking it all in. The media coverage. The hype videos, the interviews. The fall of the Patriots. The egg on the face of those critics who claimed mahomes couldn't win big games or was figured out. It's not having this sinking feeling of a massive gap in our team that will embarrass us on national TV. If we made the super bowl last year, I would've almost said to myself... Great, but screw that defense.

Then there's everything we've overcome. All the heartaches. Then a roller coaster year with injuries, setbacks, setbacks on setbacks. We have nothing more to prove. Now we just take care of business. At this point getting worked up about it would be like complaining about overcooked chips at a world class resort.

After this offseason... it's poetic.

There is justice.

neech
01-29-2020, 12:57 PM
Good story Iron Chief. :thumb:

MahiMike
01-29-2020, 01:01 PM

Trolls gonna troll.

BossChief
01-29-2020, 01:59 PM
garopollo is the next alex smith :thumb:

15 picks and 12 fumbles behind one of the best OLs in the nfl?

I think not.

Chiefspants
01-29-2020, 02:00 PM
THE NERVES ARE REAL MY DUDES

limested
01-29-2020, 02:50 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

Has absolutely nothing to do with trolling.

Will anything you do or not do have any impact on the outcome of the game? The answer is 100% NO.

Absolutely no reason to be nervous. Just enjoy the ride and be happy when they win.

lcarus
01-29-2020, 03:10 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/13t2OTCFzCqJbO/source.gif

jerryaldini
01-29-2020, 03:10 PM
I feel the same way I did with the 1980 Royals. Getting past the Yankees was the biggest hurdle. Losing the World Series (and blowing leads in 3 of the 4 losses) was disappointing, for sure, but it hurt far less than the losses in 76-78 (especially 77, which was a Chiefs-like horror show).

So I'm still floating on the AFC Champ game (and the Division game). We eliminated the ghosts and all the doubts. That clears the way for the future, even if we lose Sunday.

Yeah I remember not feeling bad about the 80 series because we did the Yankees in three games and the Phillies were a worthy opponent. 77 was like Dee Ford or Lin Elliot. The 2014 Royals were definitely playing with house money, except coming up 90 feet short stung a little. As a one game championship where the inferior team has improved odds, losing this would not feel as bad as if the Royals had lost to the Mets.

But the Chiefs aren't losing this!

stevieray
01-29-2020, 04:51 PM
Will anything you do or not do have any impact on the outcome of the game? The answer is 100% NO.

I disagree. Those players know there are literally thousands of Chiefs fans rooting them on. HB said the City & the fans DESERVED a SB.

They're playing for us.

Chris Meck
01-29-2020, 04:53 PM
We're going to win this fucking thing.

Just sayin'.

BigRedChief
01-29-2020, 09:15 PM
We're going to win this ****ing thing.

Just sayin'.your driving this ****ing bus, we are just passengers. Bring it home!