PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The day CP met Mahomes (and others)...

TwistedChief
01-29-2020, 06:18 PM
This is a random and odd story to tell. And when it happened, I swore the others to secrecy because it seemed like something we should keep to ourselves. But as the last few weeks have been beyond magical for Chiefs fans, sharing it here has begun to seem somewhat apropos for everything this franchise has gone through.

In June, I won a charity package which involved a bbq and whiskey tasting with Mahomes, Kelce, Colquitt, Clark Hunt, his family, and some of the Big Slick celebs. I had 8 spots on my side and - not being from KC and knowing too many folks here - had to partly rely on my CP crowd. I invited George Blowfish, Clay, and Stevieray amongst others.

When I won the package - all the way back in June - I was informed it would be the Chargers weekend in December ahead of the regular season finale. I hated the idea of that because I thought that game could be for the AFC West title. Fast forward and it’s mid-December and I know we’re making the playoffs and that game is meaningless. Great. But I then find out the event is scheduled for Monday, Dec 30, the day after the finale. I cringe because all I’m thinking is that it’s playoff week and I’d so much rather the players be focused on the game rather than meeting some random CP folk for a couple drinks.

The Friday night before the Chargers game, I get an email from Mahomes’s agent - a guy I had some interactions with previously who is truly a class act - and he explained that if the Chiefs got the bye, Mahomes would come. If they didn’t, Reid had mandated that Mahomes not go out any day that week. So essentially, if we beat the Chargers and if Fitzpatrick finds a way to beat the Patriots, CP finally gets to meet Mahomes. Probability was about 5% at that point. A part of me was kinda bummed but a much larger part of me was like, “Uh, yes, playoffs take precedence.”

That Sunday, with low expectations, I went to the game with Clay and 007. And it happened. Football is a game of inches, but winning that game, getting the bye, and knowing Mahomes would be there the next day... it changed my life’s universal happiness in a way that’s difficult to quantify.

The next night, we’re in a private room at a random distillery in KC. Me, my wonderful and pregnant wife, my wife’s best friend from Indiana Kyle (Colts fan), my buddy from NY Henry that I go to every game with, my CP friend Blake, and then Clay, Blowfish, and Stevie.

And then there’s Clark, Tavia, and Gracie Hunt, Rob Riggle, David Koechner, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Dustin Colquitt. Right there.

It was two hours of having the people you watch on TV every weekend by your side. Having the same conversations with them about the team, the coaches, the plays, the players, the opponents, etc etc as we do on CP with all of you. Nothing felt off-limits and everything felt open and honest.

My takeaway: we are rooting for some fucking good people who deserve each and everything they get. We’re very fortunate as Chiefs fans. And every disappointment, every failure, every time walking out of a frigid Arrowhead with our heads hung low.... it’s all been worth it. This is our destiny.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 06:19 PM
pics or it didn't happen

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81206198_10104867280881897_7393236014753382400_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQktcwdjubD62nDmbdl-ygIqP96cN05yMAaC9bEzGLLxMVu8AAoB3ERTHl2K1WvprcpK49Su8Ctgm_173UoCoGyY&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&oh=2c2b3ab207608c12ca0bffbeb8e7ac7e&oe=5ED20FA8

Chris Meck
01-29-2020, 06:22 PM
well that's fucking awesome.

Clyde Frog
01-29-2020, 06:24 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpnXBTw7vnokxhu/giphy.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-29-2020, 06:29 PM
WOW! friggin awesome!

Hammock Parties
i didn't deserve this

but they made me feel like i did

Easy 6
Moar pics

JohnnyHammersticks
01-29-2020, 06:30 PM
:eek:

Might as well shut this dump down now...because there will never be a better story than that one.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Jk4Sucdz1oGd2/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a398280a452186a56f66cd50d77c29ab1a96578a&rid=giphy.gif

MahiMike
01-29-2020, 06:33 PM
Cool story bro. Truly. I wouldn't sleep for a week.

rydogg58
01-29-2020, 06:35 PM
Doesn't get much better than this. I bet that was just an experience of a lifetime.

TLO
01-29-2020, 06:35 PM
That's amazing... I'm a little jealous. Glad you had an awesome time.

01-29-2020, 06:37 PM
I got to hang with this guy for three games. Great person and very down to earth. Gave me the experience of a lifetime I'll never forget.

PHOG
01-29-2020, 06:40 PM
Great

JohnnyHammersticks
01-29-2020, 06:41 PM

My takeaway: we are rooting for some fucking good people who deserve each and everything they get. We’re very fortunate as Chiefs fans. And every disappointment, every failure, every time walking out of a frigid Arrowhead with our heads hung low.... it’s all been worth it. This is our destiny.

I just...I...can't even....blarp

https://i.imgflip.com/allt4.jpg?a435072

Frosty
01-29-2020, 06:42 PM
pics or it didn't happen

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81206198_10104867280881897_7393236014753382400_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQktcwdjubD62nDmbdl-ygIqP96cN05yMAaC9bEzGLLxMVu8AAoB3ERTHl2K1WvprcpK49Su8Ctgm_173UoCoGyY&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&oh=2c2b3ab207608c12ca0bffbeb8e7ac7e&oe=5ED20FA8

Seriously cool. Mahomes looks like he's had a few. LMAO

chinaski
01-29-2020, 06:43 PM
Totally envious! WOW!

Kman34
01-29-2020, 06:44 PM
That's great! Once in a lifetime experience... I'm proud that CP members got to do this. Thanks for Sharing...

TwistedChief
01-29-2020, 06:47 PM
That's amazing... I'm a little jealous. Glad you had an awesome time.

Your avatar makes me want to vomit every time I see it.

Literally. ANYTHING else, TLO.

Pointer19
01-29-2020, 06:49 PM
Congrats! Sounds incredible.

JohnnyHammersticks
01-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Mahomes just seems like a normal, really good dude. A man's man. Humble, cool, into God, handles his shit, smart as hell, very personable...but with off-the-charts game.

This whole thing is still beyond belief for me. But in a way it feels like we deserve it. Like it was a test of loyalty. All those years of heartbreak. OP, you hit the nail on the head when you said this is our destiny.

We hit the billion dollar Powerball boys and girls. This is our life now. Congratulations to everyone who stuck it out. This is a new beginning.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 06:54 PM
like imagine how cool you think mahomes is

now multiply it by 100

he's that cool

kelce acknowledged my videos

comochiefsfan
01-29-2020, 06:59 PM
Are you kidding me? You lucky mf’ers.

Awesome!!

TwistedChief
01-29-2020, 06:59 PM
None of us that were there will get into too much detail for obvious reasons.

But I had spent some time with Colquitt previously, so when he showed up, I asked if I could get him a drink. He saw Clark Hunt was there and was like, "Uhm, not sure..." So I walked up to Clark. "Clark, do you mind if the players drink?" "Well, no, not at all, they're adults."

Very surreal getting a hall pass from Clark Hunt for our boys.

Titty Meat
01-29-2020, 07:02 PM
So Clay hangs out with rich people and Mahomes but still cant get laid? WTF

Coochie liquor
01-29-2020, 07:11 PM
None of us that were there will get into too much detail for obvious reasons.

But I had spent some time with Colquitt previously, so when he showed up, I asked if I could get him a drink. He saw Clark Hunt was there and was like, "Uhm, not sure..." So I walked up to Clark. "Clark, do you mind if the players drink?" "Well, no, not at all, they're adults."

Very surreal getting a hall pass from Clark Hunt for our boys.

Bro I was sooooo drunk before the Jacksonville game, but I swear I met you in the lot before the game. We’re out there?

Coochie liquor
01-29-2020, 07:12 PM
So Clay hangs out with rich people and Mahomes but still cant get laid? WTF

Are you offering your services?? Asking for a friend.

Titty Meat
01-29-2020, 07:15 PM
Are you offering your services?? Asking for a friend.

I'll take about this as a round about way of asking me out. Honestly you've been at the top of my list for awhile.

TwistedChief
01-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Bro I was sooooo drunk before the Jacksonville game, but I swear I met you in the lot before the game. We’re out there?

Yes, we met. It was brief. And it was magical. And it got us here. I love you, man.

seclark
01-29-2020, 07:24 PM
Very cool thread.
Sec

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-29-2020, 07:31 PM
Thanks for sharing... Looking forward to meeting some of you in MIAMI and getting more stories!

digger
01-29-2020, 07:33 PM
CP for the win, super cool guys...

Chief Northman
01-29-2020, 07:36 PM
Did you ask if they read Chiefsplanet?

....Might be some threads the mods might want to stash somewhere....!!!!

Sofa King
01-29-2020, 07:43 PM
This is badass. I bet you had a blast.

gblowfish
01-29-2020, 07:44 PM
Now that the cat is out of the bag (MEOWWWW) I will offer just a few tidbits from the evening.

First of all, once TC and I arrived, we kept just looking at each other and shaking our heads because the whole thing was twilight zone. Just hard to process. I sat down at the bar with FDE (Stevie Ray) - we've become pretty good buds- and had a couple of the house specialty cocktails. I told the barkeep I'll have what Stevie's having. It was really tasty too! So I got to talk with Clay for awhile too, who for those of you who have never met him, he's a good guy with a heart of Gold. When the Chiefs entourage finally showed up, it was Clark, his wife Tavia and daugher Gracie. They were all super friendly, and not fake friendly. They were Texas friendly. Then Patrick, Kelce and Colquitt showed a couple minutes later, then Rob Riggle and David Koechner.

I got to sit at the bar with Clark Hunt for about 20 minutes. I told him the one thing I really wanted from this season was for him to get his Dad's trophy (which happened three weeks later). I asked him what the future was for football in London, and what he thought about Las Vegas Raiders. Also told him the little old lady story about my dad.

Of the players, I talked to Colquitt the most because Patrick was pretty much surrounded all night and Kelce was hanging out with Riggle and Koechner a lot. Kelce did mingle and everybody got to talk to him and he couldn't have been cooler or nicer. FDE asked him to do a little favor for him, and I'll let him tell that story if he wants to.

There's not a lot of pictures because we were told this was very casual and informal and was not like a fanboi autograph session. So none of us asked for that or tried to put the Hunts or players in that position. I did ask Colquitt for one favor. My wife gave me a children's book for Christmas that was about Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown, and how mean she was pulling the ball away. My wife goes to church with Buttkicker. So I asked Colquitt that if my wife could get the book to Buttkicker, if he and Harrison would sign it for me. He said "you tell your wife to tell Harrison that I said it was OK, bring the book to work, and we'll sign it." So she did that next Sunday, and Harrison has the book. He'll bring it back to church sometime in February.

I got to talk to Patrick for a few minutes. I told him how thankful I was that he was a home grown Chief, and thanked him for making Chiefs football fun again. I asked him what his favorite commercial was so far. He said it was the Head and Shoulders with Troy Polamalu. He said it was just a lot of fun doing that one.

Riggle and Koechner were hilarious as you might imagine. I talked to Riggle a long time. Everybody stuck around for several hours. We had BBQ from Joe's KC. Around 10:30 Riggle looked at his watch and said "Damn, I gotta get to the airport." "Why?" I asked. "I have to be in NYC tomorrow for New Years Eve, I'm working." "Working?" "Yeah, I'm the spokeman for Planet Fitness and I have to be there for the ball drop with Ryan Seacrest right before Midnight. Hey, it's a paycheck, y'know?" Sure enough, the next night New Years Eve he's on ABC with Seacrest hawking Planet Fitness for 2020. I'm sure he was dog tired after that late night flight to NYC.

There's a lot more stories I could tell, but the whole affair was a kind of an off the record type of deal, and all I can say is everyone who came from the Chiefs was genuinely nice, and was in a great mood because of what had happened the day before, getting the bye. Surreal experience, and a big part of the reason I'm so grateful to TC for such a wonderful year. Just the coolest thing ever...until we win on Sunday. Then it will be the second coolest thing ever.

MatriculatingHank
01-29-2020, 07:57 PM
pics or it didn't happen

For those of us that don't know... Who (other than Patrick) is in this photo?)

PAChiefsGuy
01-29-2020, 08:00 PM
Mahomes looks high as a kite. Lol. Good shit man hope you had a good time!

gblowfish
01-29-2020, 08:00 PM
For those of us that don't know... Who (other than Patrick) is in this photo?)

I took the picture.

It's Henry (who is a wild man, great guy) Blake, Patrick and Twisted Chief. We asked Patrick's permission to take the picture, and he said OK. They're all standing in front of the bar. Patrick had a beer.

RunKC
01-29-2020, 08:06 PM
I could not take my wife to one of these. I can’t even watch a game with her in the house. True story. She has subtle ways of showing her love for Kelce.

“Oh is that Travis Kelce!”
“Kelce made a big play?! I wanna see!”
“Kelce is doing an interview?! Rewind so I can see.”

Basically my wife is like every other woman in this town who thinks Travis is (rightfully) ridiculously attractive.

She would be unbearable at something like this.

TinyEvel
How many minutes in before Clay asked Mahomes if he had seen any of his videos?

TwistedChief
Mahomes looks high as a kite. Lol. Good shit man hope you had a good time!

Not remotely. He’s much too self-aware for anything like that. He’s exactly what you think he is and want him to be as a Chiefs fan.

PAChiefsGuy
01-29-2020, 08:13 PM
Not remotely. He’s much too self-aware for anything like that. He’s exactly what you think he is and want him to be as a Chiefs fan.

No doubt. Def glad he is a Chief!

Frosty
01-29-2020, 08:21 PM
It's Henry (who is a wild man, great guy) Blake,

I thought his plane was shot down and there were no survivors?

lewdog
01-29-2020, 08:21 PM
It was asked earlier but was Chiefsplanet mentioned in anyway?

"Hey, how do you guys all know each other?"

Clay, "We all belong to a forum called Chiefsplanet."

Players begin googling and find numerous links. Within 2 minutes all the players say fuck you guys and walk out. ROFL

Coochie liquor
01-29-2020, 08:31 PM
Yes, we met. It was brief. And it was magical. And it got us here. I love you, man.

I thought so. First game of the season and brought us all the way to the last game! Hopefully we’ll get to hang out longer at the Tampa game next season.

Skyy God
01-29-2020, 08:37 PM
J. Riegers??

TimeForWasp
01-29-2020, 08:53 PM
This is awesome.

But why didn't you get the game plan from them so we here on C P can edit it and send them back the final adjustments?

Chiefs4TheWin
01-29-2020, 08:56 PM
Awesome story! Glad you guys got to go. Thanks for sharing!

srvy
01-29-2020, 09:02 PM
I cant believe nobody has asked how Gracie looked in person without the instagram enhanced photos. So consider this an inquiry.

DaFace
01-29-2020, 09:04 PM

Players begin googling and find numerous links. Within 2 minutes all the players say fuck you guys and walk out. ROFLThat's my question. Pretty sure we don't WANT the players reading some of the awful shit that goes on around here. ROFL

Glad you guys had a great time, though. That would be a night to remember to put it mildly.

EPodolak
01-29-2020, 09:04 PM
Glad I caught this thread. Great stories guys.

gblowfish
01-29-2020, 09:05 PM
I cant believe nobody has asked how Gracie looked in person without the instagram enhanced photos. So consider this an inquiry.

She was very attractive and easy going and was very nice to everyone. Tavia was cool and funny. It didn't surprise me that she bitched slapped Florio on Social Media. The whole Hunt family was not what I expected at all. They were very down to earth and made us all feel comfortable being there with them. Couldn't have been nicer.

lewdog
01-29-2020, 09:17 PM

Back off you old man pervert.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 09:18 PM
A few recollections:

Clark Hunt is amazingly nice and will talk to you about things you have no right to know.

He hates the Patriots. They all hate the Patriots. They wanted them again so badly. These are very nice people who are complete cutthroats when it comes to football.

Tavia Hunt might be the nicest person on planet earth. She complimented my chiefs t-shirt.

Mahomes said the only reason he jumped on that pass in TEN was because he was scared to death of his knee getting hit.

Kelce told a hilarious story about what a fuckup he was his rookie year and seemed extremely amused to meet the man who cast him as Thor.

MAHOMES IS SO VERY FUCKING COOL AND TWISTEDCHIEF TOLD HIM HE LOVED HIM NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and when I was waiting in line for BBQ sauce, Travis Kelce said "Excuse me sir, let me get out of your way" LMAO LMAO LMAO

Deberg_1990
01-29-2020, 09:21 PM
Awesome story! Very happy for you and the CP faithful.

WilliamTheIrish
01-29-2020, 09:23 PM
Quite possibly the greatest story ever.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 09:25 PM
the fact that this all happened the day after the chiefs stole a bye and chris jones jumped into the laps of the people who were going to this event....well, it was just kismet

this is all meant to be

Buehler445
01-29-2020, 09:26 PM
Truly awesome.

Props for taking CP dudes to share in the awesome.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 09:26 PM
i mean this is how cool mahomes is

he got a big plate of BBQ and set it down on the bar

started talking to us

and left without eating a bite

blake5676
01-29-2020, 09:29 PM
I still haven't washed my hands from that night. My wife is beginning to consider divorce.

So many cool stories from a completely surreal night. I 100% expected them to show up, it be a little awkward, say hi for 20 minutes or so and then split. I'm fairly certain they were there for almost 3 full hours. There were 4 or 5 of us in a circle at the bar with Mahomes (and then Kelce joined) for over an hour just rapid firing every question you could possibly thing of. Some serious, some just fun. Kid couldn't have been more generous and shockingly forthright.

As far as the CP thing, I didn't bring it up to any of the players, but I did discuss it with Paul Rudd's sister who runs Big Slick, and the girl from Children's Mercy who does events. I think someone had already told them where everyone was from and they thought it was super cool. I didn't mention this place was infested with AIDS and antifreeze.

Lastly, Twisted Chief is a golden god.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 09:30 PM
How many minutes in before Clay asked Mahomes if he had seen any of his videos?

I actually waited about 90 minutes so they were good and loose.

I started in on Kelce and posed the question:

"Has anyone ever told you about your resemblance to Thor, God of Thunder, as played by Chris Hemsworth in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?"

"I've been told."

blake5676
01-29-2020, 09:33 PM
Also, Tavia is a freaking professional Chiefs brand ambassador. She was on point from the moment they walked in. She was talking shit to Mrs. Twisted's friend (awesome guy, btw) for being a Colts fan within 3 minutes of being there. She was great.

MMXcalibur
01-29-2020, 09:38 PM
One time I saw Mahomes on TV.
True story.

That’s an awesome story though. Glad you guys got to have that opportunity.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 09:40 PM
Also, Tavia is a freaking professional Chiefs brand ambassador. She was on point from the moment they walked in. She was talking shit to Mrs. Twisted's friend (awesome guy, btw) for being a Colts fan within 3 minutes of being there. She was great.

she reminded me of that really cool mom one of your best friends has in jr high

the kind you really want to be your mom because she's so cool

like if tavia hunt could just read me bedtime stories i think i'd be in heaven

dlphg9
01-29-2020, 09:43 PM
I would have sucked your dick on command for the rest of your life to be able to go to this. That's insanely cool and im jealous as hell. Were you guys nervous before it started?

What was it like being around Gracie? I would have been more nervous around her than anyone else.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 09:44 PM
What was it like being around Gracie? I would have been more nervous around her than anyone else.

Are you kidding? We all mostly ignored her because we were complete fanbois for Mahomes and Kelce.

I felt bad. At least FDE chatted her up though.

I should have asked her about why she Instagrammed the Marty Tyreek story.

Oh, and on that topic, I won't go into details, but according to everyone there, he good.

blake5676
01-29-2020, 09:51 PM
Agreed. Honestly, I thought she looked like she was about 14 years old when they first came in...not sure how old she actually is?

But yeah, after the initial hello's and other pleasantries, my attention was distracted by something much more important the rest of the evening. I don't even remember if I noticed her again.

siberian khatru
01-29-2020, 10:00 PM
Instant Hall of Classics. Actually, it deserves its own wing.

RealSNR
01-29-2020, 10:04 PM
Oh, and on that topic, I won't go into details, but according to everyone there, he good.
https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-12-2014/lx7uzr.gif

ModSocks
01-29-2020, 10:13 PM
Very cool, guys. Thanks for sharing.

Rain Man
01-29-2020, 10:26 PM
If Clark and Tavia and Gracie started hanging out on Chiefsplanet, and the players started, we could all have so much fun together. It's really the only thing missing.

Titty Meat
01-29-2020, 10:35 PM
Mahomes looks jacked like Lewdog

Iowanian
01-29-2020, 10:39 PM
Great story and experience for all of you. Congratulations.

I'm just disappointed that my pm box must have been too full to accept my invite.

The story is great, it my biggest fist bump of respect is that your ALL kept this on the down low until TC broke the seal...and that you're honoring some decorum and keeping some things you learned private.

ChiTown
01-29-2020, 10:43 PM
If Clark and Tavia and Gracie started hanging out on Chiefsplanet, and the players started, we could all have so much fun together. It's really the only thing missing.

Anti-Freeze shots for EVERYONE!

JohnnyHammersticks
01-29-2020, 10:46 PM

Players begin googling and find numerous links. Within 2 minutes all the players say fuck you guys and walk out. ROFL

ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 10:50 PM
Mahomes looks jacked like Lewdog

that boi thicc

RaidersOftheCellar
01-29-2020, 11:01 PM
Any other surprisingly candid comments?

I’d have just stared at Gracie the whole time and kept an endless supply of drinks coming her way.

arrwheader
01-29-2020, 11:06 PM
like imagine how cool you think mahomes is

now multiply it by 100

he's that cool

kelce acknowledged my videosMan this is so fucking cool. What did he say about the videos? Mahomes hasn't seen them? I bet he'd love his voice over

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

stevieray
01-29-2020, 11:10 PM
Oh man where to begin....

First off I was floored when TC invited me. I knew it was a BBQ and Whiskey taste, but not the intimate setting. It was in the Hey Hey Club, which is in the basement of the new J.Reiger Distillery(out of this world!) Modeled after a turn of the century speakeasy ..low light, dark green walls leather booths..really cool setting. I did the sign and mural work for JRieger so when TC sent me directions(God bless him) I just rolled with it. Even so, when arrived. I was nervous.

The company was outstanding. TC and his lovely bride are a joy to be around. they are perfect for each other and ooze fun. Just really made me feel welcome. (gettin close Daddy O!)

Henry is a great guy with a big heart. Was fortunate enough to run into him after the AFCCG and his voice was gone, and he was wiped, but o! so happy! (Have fun in Miami!)

Blake is a cool cat and calm as the day is long. Wish I'd talked to him more. Comes off really down to earth.

Blowfish..oh man guy is an eloquent and engaging speaker..I remember thinking to myself while we were "tasting" our Horsefeathers, that it really was the backstory to the great writing we've seen over the years. Big brain on Gman. Glad to call you a friend.

Clay is exactly as George described him. Heart of gold. He was giddy but maintained. Sitting with him, rabble and 007 was the most exhilarating game I'v ever experienced. Glad we all got to share that comeback.

I met Dustin right after he was drafted and have seen him several times , so he recognized me. He's a good dude. I asked if he could imagine Jared Allen and Kelce on the same team,? He said an emphatic no and laughed. Class act, great career...fitting if the "mvp" could retire with a ring.

Mahomes. What can you say.. there truly is an aura around him, but he doesn't come off cocky at all. Told a funny story of scramBLING, and turning back into a hit and almost getting knocked out...jumping up going huddle up, when the RB told he had fumbled and they had to get off the field. I told him later I thought he was a better QB this year, like the game had slowed down for him and he looked like there was just no panic or fear. I didn't want to hover too much. He was very friendly and outgoing.

Kelce is a hoot and very laid back. He is definitely the guy you'd want have a beer with. He also told a funny story about when DV talked to the team. He was really moved by it. Said he ready to run through a wall. Said DV goes "Where's Kelce!? "Here coach( oh man what he going to say about me?)

DV: Love your brother! (Kelce makes pouty face)

The players are class acts. My 7yo daughter asked me to get Kelces number so she could call because she wanted to know what his voice sounded like. I told him this and he laughed...then he called her.

Which brings me to the Hunts. Tavia and Gracie remind me of Norma Hunt. I was fortunate enough to meet her and Lamar a couple of times. you would never know they were billionaires by the way they treat people. Just as real & as kind as you could hope for. Clark and his family are the same way. I talked to Tavia and Gracie for maybe 10 minutes. Last thing I said to Gracie was I wanted to see her Dad raise her Grandpa's trophy over his head @ Arrowhead. Tavia LOVED that. She's a big fan.

Was able to snag Clark for a few minutes before the night ended. I told him how BOLD it was to call the AFCC and SB. I'm still blown away by that to this day. Was brutally honest and said that up until this season, most people were hopeful or relegated to wishful thinking.. but no more. That the Chiefs fans were extremely confident in this team. Congratulated him of the success after twelve years of going for it. Clark reminds me of my cousin John. Just a rock. never changing just solid and consistent. I'm sure he gets that from his Dad.

Thank you Lamar. thank you thank you thank you. Because of you I've been a Chiefs fan longer than anything else in my life. and now it's coming full circle. Just as I've shared my joys in the wins and tears in the heartaches with dozens of friends. I'm just thrilled to be experiencing this and hope that you are up there smiling down on all of us.

Finally, TC, you're the man.

ChiefsCountry
01-29-2020, 11:12 PM
She was very attractive and easy going and was very nice to everyone. Tavia was cool and funny. It didn't surprise me that she bitched slapped Florio on Social Media. The whole Hunt family was not what I expected at all. They were very down to earth and made us all feel comfortable being there with them. Couldn't have been nicer.

My family had business deals with the Hunts and Chiefs in the 80s. They spoke highly of them. Got to go to the Gold Suite each year, even though my family was the Ozark Hillbillies going to the big city types.

ChiefsCountry
01-29-2020, 11:15 PM
Oh man where to begin....

First off I was floored when TC invited me. I knew it was a BBQ and Whiskey taste, but not the intimate setting. It was in the Hey Hey Club, which is in the basement of the new J.Reiger Distillery(out of this world!) Modeled after a turn of the century speakeasy ..low light, dark green walls leather booths..really cool setting. I did the sign and mural work for JRieger so when TC sent me directions(God bless him) I just rolled with it. Even so, when arrived. I was nervous.

The company was outstanding. TC and his lovely bride are a joy to be around. they are perfect for each other and ooze fun. Just really made me feel welcome. (gettin close Daddy O!)

Henry is a great guy with a big heart. Was fortunate enough to run into him after the AFCCG and his voice was gone, and he was wiped, but o! so happy! (Have fun in Miami!)

Blake is a cool cat and calm as the day is long. Wish I'd talked to him more. Comes off really down to earth.

Blowfish..oh man guy is an eloquent and engaging speaker..I remember thinking to myself while we were "tasting" our Horsefeathers, that it really was the backstory to the great writing we've seen over the years. Big brain on Gman.

Clay is exactly as George described him. Heart of gold. He was giddy but maintained. Sitting with him, rabble and 007 was the most exhilirating game I'v ever experineced. Glad we all got to share that comeback.

I met Dustin right after he was drafted and have sen him several times , so he recognized me as awesome I asked if he could imagine Jared Allen and Kelce on the same team,? He said an emphatic no and laughed. Class act, great career...fitting if the "mvp" could retire with a ring.

Mahomes. What can you say.. there truly is an aura around him, but he doesn't come off cocky at all. Told a funny story of scramBLING, and turning back into a hit and almost getting knocked out...jumping up going huddle up, when the RB told he had fumbled and they had to get off the field. I told him later I thought he was a better QB this year, like the game had slowed down for him and he looked like there was just no panic or fear. I didn't want to hover too much. He was very friendly and outgoing.

Kelce is a hoot and very laid back. He is definitely the guy you'd want have a beer with. He also told a funny story about when DV talked to the team. He was really moved by it. Said he ready to run through a wall. Said DV goes "Where's Kelce!? "Here coach( oh man what he going to say about me?)

DV: Love your brother! (Kelce makes pouty face)

The players are class acts. My 7yo daughter asked me to get Kelces number so she could call because she wanted to know what his voice sounded like. I told him this and he laughed...then he called her.

Which brings me to the Hunts. Tavia and Gracie remind me of Norma Hunt. I was fortunate enough to meet her and Lamar a couple of times. you would never know they were billionaires by the way they treat people. Just as real kind as you could hope for. Clark and his family are the same way. I talked to Tavia and Gracie for maybe 10 minutes. Last thing I said to Gracie was I wanted to see her Dad raise her Grandpa's trophy over his head @ Arrowhead. Tavia LOVED that. She's a big fan.

Was able to snag Clark for a few minutes before the night ended. I told him how BOLD it was to call the AFCC and SB. I'm still blown away by that to this day. Was brutally honest and said that up until this season, most people hopeful or wishful thinking.. but no more. That the Chiefs fans were extremely confident in this team. Congratulated him of the success after twelve years of going for it. Clark reminds me of my cousin John. Just a rock. never changing just solid and consistent. I'm sure he gets that from his Dad.

Thank you Lamar. thank you thank you thank you. Because of you I've been a Chiefs fan longer than anything else in my life. and now it's coming full circle. Just as I've shared my joys in the wins and tears in the heartaches with dozens of friends. I'm thrilled to be experiencing this and hope that you are up there smiling down on all of us.

Finally, TC, you're the man.

Stevie wins. He posted the pic with Gracie. ;)

MMXcalibur
01-29-2020, 11:15 PM
Maybe I missed it in the stories, but did any of the Chief players know (or care) about the ChiefsPlanet community?

Regardless of what they say to the outside world, I have to think at least a few players have stopped by at some point to gauge the fan's temperature. (Or maybe I'm greatly exaggerating the influence of this place.)

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 11:16 PM
Man this is so fucking cool. What did he say about the videos? Mahomes hasn't seen them? I bet he'd love his voice over

Mahomes has seen them. He liked a tweet promoting Game of Mahomes last week.

I'm fairly certain they're slightly embarrassed by them, however.

If I had to GIF their reaction

https://i.imgur.com/xL4yZgZ.gif

But I don't make them for the players. :)

The Franchise
01-29-2020, 11:19 PM
That’s fucking awesome and I’m totally jealous.

Jewish Rabbi
01-29-2020, 11:20 PM
Did anyone happen to ask them about their diarrhea habits?

Asking for carcosa.

arrwheader
01-29-2020, 11:33 PM

But I don't make them for the players. :)Hahaha that's awesome man glad you guys got to do this. I love how the Hunts hate the Patriots that's fucking awesome and is probably favorite take away from all this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 11:36 PM
All of them do. All of them.

I could tell Clark hated them the most, too.

I love Clark.

Great guy.

Shorter than you think.

ChiefsCountry
01-29-2020, 11:39 PM
All of them do. All of them.

I could tell Clark hated them the most, too.

I love Clark.

Great guy.

Shorter than you think.

That's impossible BlackOps told us that Bob Kraft controls everything in the NFL.

KurtCobain
01-29-2020, 11:40 PM

But I don't make them for the players. :)

I'm still impressed you worked the donkey show in this year.

stevieray
01-29-2020, 11:46 PM
Stevie wins. He posted the pic with Gracie. ;)

:D

Hammock Parties
01-29-2020, 11:48 PM
I'm still impressed you worked the donkey show in this year.

Been wanting to drop the donkeysshow for years. ROFL

bobbything
01-29-2020, 11:53 PM
Great thread guys. Been on CP for a long time. I hope you all enjoyed your night. It has been a hell of a ride.

I'll see you all on the other side on Monday.

comochiefsfan
01-29-2020, 11:55 PM
Anything that you guys feel comfortable sharing you should post on here!

You basically got a Chiefs Planet Q&A with some of the biggest people in the organization.

What a fucking awesome experience!