PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sammy Watkins mulling pay cut to stay with Chiefs

The Franchise
01-30-2020, 10:36 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099825/article/sammy-watkins-mulling-pay-cut-to-stay-with-chiefs

AVENTURA, Fla. -- The story of Sammy Watkins' NFL life is one of emotional highs and steep falls.

After being selected No. 4 overall in 2014, Watkins generated two productive seasons, compiling 2,029 yards and 15 TDs. Injuries, however, persisted. The Bills jettisoned the former first-round pick in a trade, giving up on him after three seasons and numerous injuries.

Watkins spent one season in Los Angeles where he was a secondary weapon with the Rams, then signed a three-year $48 million contract in Kansas City.

"A lot of ups and downs. A lot of trials and tribulations," Watkins told NFL.com of his journey to Super Bowl LIV. "A lot of hard pain, suffering, but a lot of great moments. To get here, I've went through a lot. I've sacrificed a lot. I've went through so many different phases of myself. I've lost myself, I've found myself. It's a very special moment for me right now. It's so surreal. I have went through a lot to get to this space right now."

The soft-spoken receiver has clearly been molded by the experience of washing out of Buffalo.

"You go through injury. Being the first round, fourth pick, you have two great years, and then after that, you just have a spiral of injuries down," he said. "The media bash you, not really bash you, but injuries, you know? That's detrimental to yourself when you're in this league. When you're not available, you're nobody. I went through that whole process of being down, being depressed, being counted out, not being able to perform, and not being able to be out on the field for two, three years, and show my abilities, show my gift. That hurt. (It took) a lot of reflection (to get over). I think those were the best moments that I had to find myself and fight through depression, fight through being down. I had a lot of time, handle a lot of family issues that I was battling with. Now all those things are on the high and everything is going great. It's amazing."

The 26-year-old believes he's finally found a home in Andy Reid's offense.

"(Joining the Chiefs) was the best decision of my life," Watkins told NFL.com Thursday. "My first year we go to the third round, a game away from the Super Bowl, and then to get back here again, that's special. I don't see a lot of people doing that as far as organizations as a whole. I think that shows what this team is about."

With one season left on his contract, Watkins hopes he's in the Chiefs' long-term plans but isn't fretting his future days before the Super Bowl.

"You never know. I have a lot of dreams and a lot of things I want to do. But hopefully I am here for the next..." he paused, considering "...until coach Reid retires. When he goes, I'm going to go. So, if I'm here a long time, I would definitely want to be here. And if I'm not, I'm going to take my dreams somewhere else and make the best of it."

Set to count $21 million against the salary cap with a base salary of $13.75 million, none of which is guaranteed, Watkins understands if the K.C. brass would approach him about a pay cut or just cut him outright.

"They might, you never know," he said matter-of-factly.

The Chiefs could save $14 million in cap space with $7 million in dead money by cutting him this offseason.

Watkins said Thursday that taking a pay cut might be something he'd be open to if it kept him employed in the place he's finally found peace. The wideout pointed out he's aware Patrick Mahomes needs to get paid.

"I don't want to say I will be (open to a pay cut). I don't want to say I won't," he said. "I just think I'm a special player. I think I deserve all the things I deserve. If I'm at home and thinking about it, if I have to do it to pay Pat, I maybe will. That's a guy that we should pay, and he needs to get paid. But you never know, that's a decision I'd have to go through."

There is a third option Watkins added unprompted.

"Or I might just take off a year after we win the Super Bowl, you never know," he said.

For those who believe a complementary receiver who generated 519 yards and 673 yards along with six total touchdowns in 24 regular-season games in his two seasons in K.C. doesn't merit the money owed, Watkins noted he's worth more than on-field production.

"I don't think numbers prove anything," he said. "Numbers are just numbers to me. Numbers may mean a lot to the world, but I don't think that proves what I do for this team. Me bringing the great energy every day, me being the person that I am...if you can value me off that, I think my value would be very high. I don't think my value is all off scoring touchdowns or getting 1,000 yards receiving. I don't think I'm valued like that. I'm valued off being around the guy, being positive, coming into work every day, being a professional. I think if you would judge me off that, you would give me the world."

Watkins has been big for Kansas City in key playoff bouts, including this year's AFC Championship Game in which he generated seven receptions for 114 yards and the game-sealing TD. Whether that's worth K.C. bringing him back at a high salary in 2020 or whether Watkins would take a pay cut or restructure to stay with Mahomes, the receiver has something to ponder after the Super Bowl.

Rain Man
01-30-2020, 10:38 AM
When you win the Super Bowl, you try to keep the team intact. I'm glad Sammy is a team player, regardless of how it turns out.

rabblerouser
01-30-2020, 10:38 AM
Well, he's probably going to have to take a pay cut to stay in KC, so...good that he'll consider it?

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2020, 10:41 AM
Thing is, we already saw he's not a #1 wr. He had a few games to be that and he wasn't. So he hopefully knows his value. And he seems to like his role on his team. I could see him re signing here for considerably less.

DRM08
01-30-2020, 10:41 AM
$21M cap hit is steep. Gotta produce like Julio or Michael Thomas for that money. It would be awesome if they can give him an extension and lower the cap hits to about $12M. He’s definitely worth keeping at that number.

Mecca
01-30-2020, 10:42 AM
He is going to have less value on the open market than he did when we signed him, it's possible we can give him a new deal that lowers his cap number and it works for both parties.

Halfcan
01-30-2020, 10:55 AM
When you win the Super Bowl, you try to keep the team intact. I'm glad Sammy is a team player, regardless of how it turns out.

Watkins, when healthy, is a dynamic player that can burn teams deep just like Hardman and Reek. Teams have to put their 3rd or 4th best CB on him at times and this creates a huge mismatch.

I think Brett finds a way to restructure him ( he is still very young) and make him a part of a historic SB dynasty. At least I hope so, I really like this kid's work ethic, playing style and attitude.

lcarus
01-30-2020, 10:57 AM
Sammy is only 26 years old. It seems like he's been in the league forever and should be at least 30.

Beef Supreme
01-30-2020, 10:59 AM
Hopefully, getting asked questions like this motivates him to unleash a barrage of fuck you on Sunday.

Fat Elvis
01-30-2020, 11:00 AM
Sammy is only 26 years old. It seems like he's been in the league forever and should be at least 30.

That stuff happens when you are a sun lizard.

Buehler445
01-30-2020, 11:39 AM
He won't do it, but I'd be all about pushing his guarantee over 3 years and adding a little bit to get him to 7 per. Even if it is mostly guaranteed, that's fine.

Discuss Thrower
01-30-2020, 11:41 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/ccIKArTVlhVtK/giphy.gif

Kman34
01-30-2020, 11:53 AM
If he has a big game in the SB this pay cut shit will be out the window...

Deberg_1990
01-30-2020, 11:55 AM
As long as he keeps showing up in the big games I’m happy.

scho63
01-30-2020, 11:59 AM
I mentioned earlier to things:

1. Free agents are finally seeing KC as prime choice for signing after years of only rejects coming to town

2. Players will be willing to play for less or restructure to stay with a team ith PMII and Andy Reid

SAUTO
01-30-2020, 12:03 PM
He won't do it, but I'd be all about pushing his guarantee over 3 years and adding a little bit to get him to 7 per. Even if it is mostly guaranteed, that's fine.

:thumb: You get it. it'll be an extension. but around 10 - 12 a year IMO

DRM08
01-30-2020, 12:13 PM
I mentioned earlier to things:

1. Free agents are finally seeing KC as prime choice for signing after years of only rejects coming to town

2. Players will be willing to play for less or restructure to stay with a team ith PMII and Andy Reid

In Sammy’s case, it sounds like he is a lot happier right now than he was in the past. Uprooting that for more money somewhere else does not mean he would be happy in a new town with a different team. He could be an example where a guy says money is not everything. Guess we will see if his agent is willing to help him stay in KC long term.

smithandrew051
01-30-2020, 12:18 PM
My hope is he goes off in the Super Bowl and we can flip him to an NFC team (Eagles?) for a second round pick. They can extend him from there.

I love what he brings...when he’s healthy. The guys is big time when he’s health, but I just don’t think we can count on that. His TD against the Titans was his first since the Jacksonville game, so he doesn’t necessarily bring consistent production when he is healthy.

Chiefspants
01-30-2020, 12:19 PM
Sammy seems to structure his play off of business decisions. It's why we seem to have a "Regular Season Sammy" vs "Playoff Sammy." Playoff Sammy just adds a whole other "The Chiefs are playing Madden on rookie mode" dimension to the offense that I'm not sure I've ever seen before (especially with Patrick being willing to tuck it and run). The Titans sold out to shut down Hill and Kelce. This (mostly) worked in that Hill was bottled up around 50 yards (despite two TDs) and Kelce was held to three catches. The consequences is that Patrick took off and made one of the most iconic plays in recent postseason memory and Watkins flat out went HAM on 1v1 coverage. if Watkins is playing as a #1, how do you stop this offense?

Sammy reminds me a lot of Johnny Cueto with the Royals in that way - and if we end up with a title. It was all worth it. Will his salary continue to be worth it when we need to consider extensions for Jones and Patrick? That's the kind of decision Veach and Reid are paid to make.

tyecopeland
01-30-2020, 12:22 PM

Hes already been paid his guarantee. The only thing left for him to collect from the chiefs would be his 14 mil base for next year. Just pushing that over 3 years is a little over 4.5 per which is way below what he'd get. He'd need at least 21 mil in new money mostly guaranteed to even be close to market value. That would put him on our books for 28 over the next 3 and say 18 guaranteed would drop his cap hit next year from 21 to about 14.

And that's low. Hes probably going to be worth at least 10 mil a year which is about 20th in terms of average for wrs according to spotrac.

Prison Bitch
01-30-2020, 12:23 PM

He isn’t coming back at 21m no matter what he does Sun.

Fat Elvis
01-30-2020, 12:28 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/ccIKArTVlhVtK/giphy.gif

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’m a whole different species im convince im not a human never was im more like a advance reptilian solar being I’m very powerful it’s kinda scares me lol... 🤔🤫🤭🤗😂</p>&mdash; King me (@sammywatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/985174403926327296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

St. Patty's Fire
01-30-2020, 12:42 PM
Watkins is a very good #2 receiver, but with Hardman in the picture I think it’d be a waste to allocate any significant amount of cap space to Watkins.

Pointer19
01-30-2020, 12:49 PM
This is the kind of stuff I’ve always dreamt of. It seemed like too many players were out for themselves and would chase the money right into the hands of a rival. Team cohesion warms my heart.

Buehler445
01-30-2020, 12:53 PM
:thumb: You get it. it'll be an extension. but around 10 - 12 a year IMO

I’m hoping for 7-8, but that has no chance.

BigRedChief
01-30-2020, 12:54 PM
When he was available and healthy he still plays like the 5th pick in the draft. His tenure here was just like all the rest of his years in the NFL. He is what he is at this point. Paying $15 million for that kind of yearly production is clearly over paying.

poolboy
01-30-2020, 12:56 PM
best #2 receiver since Johnny Morton

Easy 6
01-30-2020, 12:56 PM
I really like him as a person, and when healthy, a player... but the constant nagging injuries are a huge red flag

It’s kinda hard to see him taking enough of a cut for it to make sense keeping him... my gut says he’ll play elsewhere next year, one of those tough decisions all successful teams face

Buehler445
01-30-2020, 01:05 PM
I really like him as a person, and when healthy, a player... but the constant nagging injuries are a huge red flag

It’s kinda hard to see him taking enough of a cut for it to make sense keeping him... my gut says he’ll play elsewhere next year, one of those tough decisions all successful teams face

I think there will be a pretty solid market for him but if I’m a GM, I’m sitting here saying, “ your numbers were WHAT?! With Mahomes throwing you the ball? Why would I think my slap dick QB can get more out of you?

htismaqe
01-30-2020, 01:10 PM

He was only 20 years old when he was drafted. That's why.

neech
01-30-2020, 01:12 PM
8 million a year, 3 year contract or pack your bags.

Easy 6
I think there will be a pretty solid market for him but if I’m a GM, I’m sitting here saying, “ your numbers were WHAT?! With Mahomes throwing you the ball? Why would I think my slap dick QB can get more out of you?

That’s a damn fair point

The Franchise

Because he’d get more targets as the lone weapon on a team. You’re just going to have to worry about the injuries the entire time.

Pitt Gorilla
01-30-2020, 01:17 PM
If he has a big game in the SB this pay cut shit will be out the window...I just hope he does his job in the Super Bowl, whatever that is. Take a defender out of a play, block, fake a reverse, etc.

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2020, 01:22 PM
Watkins is a very good #2 receiver, but with Hardman in the picture I think it’d be a waste to allocate any significant amount of cap space to Watkins.

Unpopular opinion but I tend to agree. We have a TON of decisions to make this offseason. Not only obvious ones like Sammy and Chris jones, but some great one year fixes like Pennel, wisnewski, breeland, etc.... Even $7 - 8m is huge. With the way this season went id rather pump money into OL if we spend on offense.

We have lots of great options for next year. Hardman will get better and maybe Pringle improves with experience. And now I'm thinking we can keep Demarcus for cheap. And we can draft guys.

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2020, 01:25 PM
Because he’d get more targets as the lone weapon on a team. You’re just going to have to worry about the injuries the entire time.

Sammy's very mixed success as the WR1 in tyreeks absence had to really hurt his market value.

JakeF
01-30-2020, 01:59 PM
Move Hardman up and draft another Wr

Buehler445
01-30-2020, 02:11 PM

Yeah but his production was ass when Hill was out.

Someone will give him the money. For sure. But there is a case to be made if a guy wants to. Just like everyone else, GMs see what they want to see. But if a dude is being truly objective, his production numbers need explored.

Hoover
01-30-2020, 02:13 PM
I think you find a way to keep him for another year or two while Hardman is on his rookie deal.

Imon Yourside
01-30-2020, 02:23 PM
Sammy seemed to take a lot of plays off during the season. I mean it's great he showed up for the playoffs but at times when he was healthy it just seemed like he wasn't even trying. I wouldn't bring him back at his regular salary. The part about him sitting out a year makes we wonder how much passion he has for football.

OKchiefs
01-30-2020, 02:27 PM

No it won't. They still can't afford him at $20 million. So he's still either getting cut or reworking his deal.

OKchiefs
01-30-2020, 02:35 PM
Move Hardman up and draft another Wr

Are we sure he's ready to take on a bigger role? Because Hardman's production has gradually declined over the season. Since week 7 he's had 13 catches for 274 yards. That averages out to about 1 catch for 23 yards per game. So far he's shown he's not much more than a deep threat. Watkins hasn't done a whole lot but he's a pretty big improvement over what Hardman offers.

duncan_idaho
01-30-2020, 02:40 PM
I think KC needs to keep one of Watkins or Robinson just for continuity, to keep the offense rolling.

If you can get Watson at $10 million/year or less, that seems like a pretty good deal to me. Especially considering Robinson is just a step or 2 away from earning $5-6 million a year himself.

Of course, if it can keep Robinson cheaply or this is just talk from Watkins, the right course is cutting or trading him.

SAUTO
01-30-2020, 02:42 PM
he also said he's thought about taking '20 off and resting up...

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2020, 03:06 PM
Are we sure he's ready to take on a bigger role? Because Hardman's production has gradually declined over the season. Since week 7 he's had 13 catches for 274 yards. That averages out to about 1 catch for 23 yards per game. So far he's shown he's not much more than a deep threat. Watkins hasn't done a whole lot but he's a pretty big improvement over what Hardman offers.

It usually takes a full season for Reid receivers to master the route tree. He's still got a ways to go but they look like mostly fixable things and he's definitely improving. If Hardman still isn't quite ready, Pringle is capable of doing Sammy like things until Hardman is ready. Not as well but good enough temporarily

Titty Meat
01-30-2020, 03:10 PM
Jokes on him nobody is paying him 21 mil so hes gonna have to accept a pay cut regardless

BossChief
01-30-2020, 03:15 PM
10m per for 3 seasons. Minimal first year cap hit.

He’s not worth very much more than that.

Titty Meat
01-30-2020, 03:22 PM
I would be curious to see how playoff Sammys stats compare to other Chiefs greats WRs

Imon Yourside
01-30-2020, 03:23 PM
Maybe Sammy can sit out the year and just play in the playoffs for a million or so every year.

MahiMike
01-30-2020, 03:30 PM
Let's revisit this one next week.

notorious
01-30-2020, 03:33 PM
He isn't worth 20 million. Restructure or hit the bricks, pal, because you are going OUT!

BossChief
01-30-2020, 04:32 PM
Keenan Allen gets a little over 10m per and is far more productive. 1199 yards 6tds this year.

Sammys combined stats the last 2 seasons in KC...1192 yards and 6 TDs

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-30-2020, 04:35 PM
5 years 50 milion and guarantee it all. How about that. The guaranteed money should have merit.

BossChief
01-30-2020, 04:37 PM
5 years 50 milion and guarantee it all. How about that. The guaranteed money should have merit.

Sorry but if I’m signing him to that long of a deal, it’s not going to have much guaranteed money. It would be incentive based. He’s as injury prone as a guy gets.

DRM08
01-30-2020, 04:38 PM

I was thinking something along those lines. But the more you look at the cap situation, I think they have to let him go. Spend the money on defense or offensive line.

Beef Supreme
01-30-2020, 04:39 PM
I'm sure CP can solve this by pulling numbers out of their asses.

New World Order
01-30-2020, 04:41 PM
I'm sure CP can solve this by pulling numbers out of their asses.

Just like the Pats

ljmhawk
01-30-2020, 04:43 PM
cut him and sign AJ GREEN

BossChief
01-30-2020, 04:44 PM
Shit, Albert Wilson will likely get cut.

I’d take him back for 3-5m per season before giving Sammy more than 11. He has speed, blocks well and already knows the offense. He would probably produce as much as Sammy has.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-30-2020, 04:48 PM
Teams have to account for Sw . He's far more valuable than his numbers show and he really does have good hands although he's had more drops this year than any in his career I would guess.

BossChief
01-30-2020, 04:51 PM
Teams have to account for Sw . He's far more valuable than his numbers show and he really does have good hands although he's had more drops this year than any in his career I would guess.

He’s dropped a lot of passes in big situations for us the last 2 years.

SAUTO
01-30-2020, 04:57 PM
Shit, Albert Wilson will likely get cut.

I’d take him back for 3-5m per season before giving Sammy more than 11. He has speed, blocks well and already knows the offense. He would probably produce as much as Sammy has.

Wilson isn’t signing for 3-5 per imo

SAUTO
01-30-2020, 04:57 PM

Sammy ?

I can find 2 drops this year and 1 last year in his stats...

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-30-2020, 04:58 PM

When we signed him I remember reading he had ZERO dropped passes his last year with the Rams. I HAVE been disappointed. Pay cut.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-30-2020, 04:58 PM
Sammy hasn’t dropped passes in big moments. What are you even talking about

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-30-2020, 05:00 PM
Sammy hasn’t dropped passes in big moments. What are you even talking about

I think converting a 3rd down is a big moment and yes he has done that.

Chiefspants
01-30-2020, 05:06 PM
Sammy's just disappeared during games, it's what fans of his former teams said he was prone to and it is telling. It's pretty incredible that he racked up almost 1/3rd of his yards and 100% of his touchdowns in game 1 when he was our #1 for the considerable part of the season.

But you know what? I don't give two ****s about any of that if he continues being beast mode Sammy in the postseason. That won't be sustainable forever, but what he's done in postseason I'm unsure if DRob, Albert Wilson or year 2 Hardman could replicate.

Megatron96
01-30-2020, 05:07 PM
Sammy's worth 8-10 million at least. He does things for this offense and creates nightmares for opposing defenses that can't be replicated by who we have on the roster right now.

It's foolish to think that Hardman or DRob or anyone else can do what Watkins can do for at least the next couple years.

Hardman is a rookie. He probably hasn't digested more than a third of the playbook. And he certainly isn't a great route runner.He's basically Tyreek in his first year; a return specialist that we can insert into the game for a few dozen snaps. It will be at least two more years before he learns both the playbook and the mechanics of how to be a great receiver.

DRob is a decent WR3-4 that will never be in the same zipcode as Watkins. Ditto Pringle.

As for Sammy's health issues, well last season he missed 6 games. This year only two. I'd say he was trending in the right direction. And he's only 26? He has potentially 5 more very productive prime years left in him. Maybe a couple more than that. And if he can be available at least 14 games per season, get the playbook down perfectly, he'd be a steal at 10 million/year.

He's a WR1 for virtually any other team that is happy playing as a 3rd option. You think AJ Green would be okay being the 3rd option? Don't be stupid.

You don't waste good.

Cosmos
01-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Hill considering training for the Olympics, and now Sammy is talking about sitting out next year...

Sounds like these guys haven’t heard about some little game being played by their teammates Sunday.....JFC..

Somebody needs to slap some sense into these guys....:banghead:

BossChief
01-30-2020, 05:09 PM
I think converting a 3rd down is a big moment and yes he has done that.

Multiple times.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-30-2020, 05:15 PM
Sammy's worth 8-10 million at least. He does things for this offense and creates nightmares for opposing defenses that can't be replicated by who we have on the roster right now.

It's foolish to think that Hardman or DRob or anyone else can do what Watkins can do for at least the next couple years.

Hardman is a rookie. He probably hasn't digested more than a third of the playbook. And he certainly isn't a great route runner.He's basically Tyreek in his first year; a return specialist that we can insert into the game for a few dozen snaps. It will be at least two more years before he learns both the playbook and the mechanics of how to be a great receiver.

DRob is a decent WR3-4 that will never be in the same zipcode as Watkins. Ditto Pringle.

As for Sammy's health issues, well last season he missed 6 games. This year only two. I'd say he was trending in the right direction. And he's only 26? He has potentially 5 more very productive prime years left in him. Maybe a couple more than that. And if he can be available at least 14 games per season, get the playbook down perfectly, he'd be a steal at 10 million/year.

He's a WR1 for virtually any other team that is happy playing as a 3rd option. You think AJ Green would be okay being the 3rd option? Don't be stupid.

You don't waste good.

Right on.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-30-2020, 05:16 PM
We'll also be getting Kemp back next year. Just a thought.

BossChief
01-30-2020, 05:20 PM
Wilson isn’t signing for 3-5 per imo

Yes, he will.

He’s had 742 yards and 5 TDs combined in 2 years.

candyman
01-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Cant match the speed obviously, but Sammy is an all-around better receiver than Tyreek when he's healthy.

kjwood75nro
01-30-2020, 05:43 PM
Cant match the speed obviously, but Sammy is an all-around better receiver than Tyreek when he's healthy.By "better," did you mean taller?

tyecopeland
01-30-2020, 05:53 PM
We'll also be getting Kemp back next year. Just a thought.

Don't forget about dieter. I've heard some on here swear he's special too

ThaVirus
01-30-2020, 05:53 PM
Cant match the speed obviously, but Sammy is an all-around better receiver than Tyreek when he's healthy.

No.

Sammy’s bigger than Tyreek and so he’s got a bit more power in the RAC area.

Other than Hill is superior in every facet. It’s not even close.

candyman
01-30-2020, 05:57 PM
No.

Sammy’s bigger than Tyreek and so he’s got a bit more power in the RAC area.

Other than Hill is superior in every facet. It’s not even close.

You're probably right on second thought. I will say though, when they're both on their game Tyreek will make bigger splash plays but Sammy is more likely to take over a game. Admittedly, this is most likely because he doesn't draw the double teams that 'reek does but still...let's put it this way - Sammy has a better chance of winning Superbowl MVP than Tyreek does.

ThaVirus
01-30-2020, 05:59 PM
When they're both on their game Tyreek will make bigger splash plays but Sammy is more likely to take over a game. Admittedly, this is most likely because he doesn't draw the double teams that 'reek does but still...let's put it this way - Sammy has a better chance of winning Superbowl MVP than Tyreek does.

Even if that were true it doesn’t make your original assessment true.

Tyreek is a better receiver than Sammy. A lot better. I think you might be the only person on the planet who would suggest otherwise.

candyman
01-30-2020, 06:01 PM

Tyreek is a better receiver than Sammy. A lot better. I think you might be the only person on the planet who would suggest otherwise.

Read my edit. :thumb:

I have a softspot for Sammy.

Red Dawg
01-30-2020, 06:02 PM
Pay cut? He would have make 4 option money. No way he stays for that.

Chiefs4TheWin
01-30-2020, 06:19 PM
He is going to have less value on the open market than he did when we signed him, it's possible we can give him a new deal that lowers his cap number and it works for both parties.

Yeah for sure.

Megatron96
01-30-2020, 06:27 PM

I disagree. From a technician’s POV Sammy is the better receiver. Just take (how did autocorrect decide "merry woe"?) for example just the way each catches. Tyreek still tries to cradle low passes, as he did in the AFCCGfor a conversion but he tried to cradle it and it ricocheted off his chest then through his hands for an incomplete pass.

Sammy snatches the ball. He catches the ball away from his body most of the time. If that had been Sammy in that spot he probably catches it.

I don’t have time to get more into this right now but if you watch these guys really run routes, catch, etc., it’s hard to believe that Tyreek is as solid a technician as Watkins.

wachashi
01-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Sammy is not a passionate dude. He doesn't often play with fire. It's not really a knock on him, I think it's just his personality. If you're looking for a bulldog competitor type, he's not your guy.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-30-2020, 06:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From Super Bowl Live: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> WR Sammy Watkins is a potential candidate to be cut following the Super Bowl thanks to his $14M price tag. The beauty of his three-year, $48 contract is it forces KC into a decision, and Watkins should cash in again. <a href="https://t.co/OhrNGj4BR9">pic.twitter.com/OhrNGj4BR9</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1223040741124997120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThaVirus
01-30-2020, 06:34 PM
I disagree. From a technician’s POV Sammy is the better receiver. Merry woe for example just the way each catches. Tyreek still tries to cradle low passes, as he did in the afccg for a conversion but he tried to cradle it and it ricocheted to his chest then through hands for an incomplete pass.

Sammy snatches the ball. He catches the ball away from his body most of the time. If hat had been Sammy in that spot he probably catches it.

I don’t have time to get more into this right now but if you watch these guys really n routes, call ch, etc., it’s hard to believe that Tyreek is as solid a technician as Watkins.

Tyreek drops passes here and there. So does Sammy and every other WR in history.

Only way to settle this is via drop % statistics. I’m not looking that shit up. You weirdos wanna claim Watkins is “technically a better receiver” than Hill, the onus is on you to prove it.

Megatron96
01-30-2020, 06:36 PM
This isn’t about the number drop. It’s about how the drops happened. Raw Stats are not relevant here.

SAUTO
01-30-2020, 07:36 PM
Tyreek drops passes here and there. So does Sammy and every other WR in history.

Only way to settle this is via drop % statistics. I’m not looking that shit up. You weirdos wanna claim Watkins is “technically a better receiver” than Hill, the onus is on you to prove it.

I see stats on drops for Watkins at 2 1 0 the past three years

Hill at 2 and 5 the past two

But I agree with your overall assessment.

TwistedChief
01-30-2020, 07:40 PM
I disagree. From a technician’s POV Sammy is the better receiver. Merry woe for example just the way each catches. Tyreek still tries to cradle low passes, as he did in the afccg for a conversion but he tried to cradle it and it ricocheted to his chest then through hands for an incomplete pass.

Sammy snatches the ball. He catches the ball away from his body most of the time. If hat had been Sammy in that spot he probably catches it.

I don’t have time to get more into this right now but if you watch these guys really n routes, call ch, etc., it’s hard to believe that Tyreek is as solid a technician as Watkins.

I think Sammy is a more technically sound receiver than Hill. Hence why he was the #4 overall pick. But that hardly makes him better. Hill has better hands, better speed, and an ability to make catches in traffic as efficiently as anyone in the game. Not to mention Hill's ability to attract double teams and his ability to win (or scare the other team to death) in space.

SAUTO
01-30-2020, 07:42 PM
I hated the Watkins signing but I’m wanting him around next year

TwistedChief
01-30-2020, 07:47 PM
I hated the Watkins signing but I’m wanting him around next year

His value was never going to be in his stats. It was always going to be about providing a solid third option after Hill was bracketed and Kelce was doubled. And he's done that.

But he's paid a lot as a third option. And Veach structured his contract perfectly. I have no problem if he's gone - that's why we drafted Hardman and have developed Pringle. They're not Watkins clearly but he's a luxury piece and if Mahomes wants 40mm/year, he doesn't get everything he wants from a skill position perspective.

Much better to solidify the OL.

Demonpenz
01-30-2020, 07:55 PM
if KC fans and franchise can win him over my God the pull from the fans and team and PAT are fucking amazing

Raiderhater
01-30-2020, 07:57 PM
Hill has transformed into one of the most complete receivers in the game today. I like me some Sammy but, to suggest that he is a better WR than Hill is crazy.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-30-2020, 07:57 PM
His value was never going to be in his stats. It was always going to be about providing a solid third option after Hill was bracketed and Kelce was doubled. And he's done that.

But he's paid a lot as a third option. And Veach structured his contract perfectly. I have no problem if he's gone - that's why we drafted Hardman and have developed Pringle. They're not Watkins clearly but he's a luxury piece and if Mahomes wants 40mm/year, he doesn't get everything he wants from a skill position perspective.

Much better to solidify the OL.

But our O line is the second best in the league

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2020, 08:04 PM
But our O line is the second best in the league

After this season I'm not taking any chances. Reiter and Rankin might end up being OK. But I wouldn't mind giving wisnewski a new deal with how he's played.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-30-2020, 08:07 PM
After this season I'm not taking any chances. Reiter and Rankin might end up being OK. But I wouldn't mind giving wisnewski a new deal with how he's played.

We are gonna need to re sign Jones. No money left for Wiz

mdchiefsfan
01-30-2020, 08:45 PM
Yeah but his production was ass when Hill was out.

Someone will give him the money. For sure. But there is a case to be made if a guy wants to. Just like everyone else, GMs see what they want to see. But if a dude is being truly objective, his production numbers need explored.

Shortly after Hill went out Mahomes jacks up his ankle, then his knee. Game plans were altered to aid Mahomes with his injuries. You can’t take those games without Hill too heavily when evaluating, in my opinion.

BWillie
01-30-2020, 09:33 PM
Sammy is the mother effin man. Look how he showed up in the most important games in Chiefs history. AFCCG vs Pats and Titans. Balled out.

mnchiefsguy
01-30-2020, 09:44 PM
Get him down to 8-10 million a year and add a couple of years to the deal. He is still in his prime and will be for awhile.

Megatron96
01-30-2020, 11:30 PM
I think Sammy is a more technically sound receiver than Hill. Hence why he was the #4 overall pick. But that hardly makes him better. Hill has better hands, better speed, and an ability to make catches in traffic as efficiently as anyone in the game. Not to mention Hill's ability to attract double teams and his ability to win (or scare the other team to death) in space.

Hill does not have better hands. Hill tracks the ball better, obviously has better speed and change of direction.

Sammy has a much larger catch radius, can be more physical due to his size, probably is still a better route runner, and as I mentioned earlier, is technically a better catcher of the ball. But then Sammy is not only a prototypical receiver, but he's just been a wide out for a lot longer than Hill has. Sammy has literally had thousands more snaps to work on his craft than Hill. Hill began as a return specialist that Andy turned into an NFL receiver about three years ago. Hill still hasn't reached his ceiling as a receiver, and probably won't for at least another couple years.

Look, I don't want to argue about whether Hill or Watkins is a better receiver, because it's a dumb argument. Hill is our WR1, and in that role he's the best WR we have for the job, period.

Sammy fills a completely different role, and it's an important role that can't be filled by anyone else currently on the roster. Not for a few years anyway, if ever.

And we're not going to probably find a viable replacement in the draft or via a trade. A rookie wet-behind-the-ears isn't going to be anything close to what Watkins does for the offense for years, if ever, and even if we could find a good WR that wanted to be the third option behind Hill and Kelce, they'd still have to learn the playbook. Which apparently takes two to three seasons.

Unless he's elite, then he might pick up the playbook faster and be more productive from the start. In which case, again, why on Earth would any truly elite WR want to be the third option? Answer: they wouldn't. Elite WRs/WR1s want the ball as often as they can get it, and then a few more than that.

In Watkins we have a WR1-level talent that loves filling his role, and loves Andy Reid and his teammates. If the organization is smart they'll do what they can to keep a weapon like that around, because they sure as shit don't grow on trees.

Of course the caveat is that his deal would have to restructured or whatever, because we can't pay him 20M no matter what.

JakeF
01-31-2020, 04:33 AM

Our oline is better with Wiz but we need a better center.

tyecopeland
01-31-2020, 06:14 AM
This isn’t about the number drop. It’s about how the drops happened. Raw Stats are not relevant here.

Well then fire kelce because im sure he has more 'critical' drops than anybody on the team.

Megatron96
01-31-2020, 05:31 PM
Well then fire kelce because im sure he has more 'critical' drops than anybody on the team.

What the hell are you talking about?

eDave
01-31-2020, 05:43 PM
Never liked his $48 million K. Good to see him come down to earth and look for a longer term, reasonable K.

Earn it Sunday and my mind is changed.

Megatron96
01-31-2020, 06:08 PM
Never liked his $48 million K. Good to see him come down to earth and look for a longer term, reasonable K.

Earn it Sunday and my mind is changed.

Whatever happens, I'm glad he has been a Chief.

And I also have to say that I'm impressed with him as a person. At 26, to know that personal happiness might be more important than material wealth is a rare thing. When I was 26 all I cared about was the money. I didn't really change my mind until I was 30 or 31, IIRC.

wazu
01-31-2020, 06:35 PM
Watkins has lifted the team in some key moments. He's been pricey, but ultimately worth it since we had cap room to spend. Would love it if he stayed for less money. Make this your home, Sammy.

Sassy Squatch
03-03-2020, 08:39 PM
Mmm. Sounds like he's gone.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Where is my next adventure gonna be at..! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LIMITLESS14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LIMITLESS14</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ETERNAL14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ETERNAL14</a></p>&mdash; King me (@sammywatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/1235018318412730369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni
03-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Heee gone

FAX
03-03-2020, 08:51 PM
I will be very sad to see Sammy go. He was clutch in the playoffs. This was a case in which; no Sammy equals no Lombardi.

I was hoping they could work a deal to keep him around.

So I'm not going to surrender my optimism that may yet happen. Sammy can ball and Mahomes trusts him. He's worth about 50 Dieters, IMHO.

FAX

pugsnotdrugs19
03-03-2020, 08:55 PM
Yeah they’ve clearly dangled him out there with no trade offers back in return I’d guess. Bad year to wanna trade a WR away, too many options in the draft.

staylor26
03-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Yeah they’ve clearly dangled him out there with no trade offers back in return I’d guess. Bad year to wanna trade a WR away, too many options in the draft.

All off this based on that tweet? Lol.

There are likely going to be no good WR’s available in free agency. Not everybody wants to rely on a rookie and some need both. There should be a market for Sammy.

The Franchise
03-03-2020, 09:01 PM
My guess based off of that tweet is that they couldn’t figure out a new contract for him. He knows he’s gone. Either a trade or a cut.

MahomesKnows
03-03-2020, 09:05 PM
My guess based off of that tweet is that they couldn’t figure out a new contract for him. He knows he’s gone. Either a trade or a cut.

I'd say this is right. Veach probably tried to see if it was possible to bring Sammy and Jones back but found that Watkins wouldn't agree to a deal.

Hopefully they can get a mid-round pick for him.

DaFace
03-03-2020, 09:08 PM
I will be very sad to see Sammy go. He was clutch in the playoffs. This was a case in which; no Sammy equals no Lombardi.

I was hoping they could work a deal to keep him around.

So I'm not going to surrender my optimism that may yet happen. Sammy can ball and Mahomes trusts him. He's worth about 50 Dieters, IMHO.

FAX

Think of it this way, Mr. FAX. Could we have won the Super Bowl without Sammy (and without any other player)? Probably not. Could we have won the Super Bowl with a different player if we had $20 million to work with to find his replacement? Ummm...yes. Easily.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-03-2020, 09:17 PM
All off this based on that tweet? Lol.

There are likely going to be no good WR’s available in free agency. Not everybody wants to rely on a rookie and some need both. There should be a market for Sammy.

That’s what the Combine is for these days, teams talk trades all the time. There’s no way they didn’t have some form of dialogue about him, or maybe they didn’t (as in no other team inquired)...

The Franchise
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM
That’s what the Combine is for these days, teams talk trades all the time. There’s no way they didn’t have some form of dialogue about him, or maybe they didn’t (as in no other team inquired)...

I think they were having discussions with his agent at the combine and couldn’t get it to work. I bet they’re figuring out trade possibilities at this time.

BossChief
03-03-2020, 09:29 PM
If they can get a 5th, I’ll take that as a win.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-03-2020, 09:32 PM
I think they were having discussions with his agent at the combine and couldn’t get it to work. I bet they’re figuring out trade possibilities at this time.

That’d be great. Any pick would be a win IMO given that cap number.

staylor26
03-03-2020, 09:32 PM

I understand all of that. That’s doesn’t mean they have to be done by today, and Sammy’s tweet doesn’t in any way mean they got no offers. Hell, maybe it means he found out he’s likely going to be traded.

Chiefshrink
03-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Sammy will regret leaving even IF he can get more $$ and I don't know that he will get more $$ especially with this WR class coming out. You wander what the Chiefs offered him. Sometimes as this is one of those very special "sometimes" that it is not always about $$ BUT establishing a legacy instead and not just for Pat/Chiefs but for himself as well IF he can get that through his heart and head. I mean seriously how much $$ does he need ? He already "GOT PAID" as they say.:shrug:

RealSNR
03-03-2020, 09:36 PM
I'd rather have the money than Watkins.

Folks, we've got Patrick Mahomes at QB. That doesn't mean you surround him with fuckcrap, but it also means you don't overpay your weapons unless they're worth it. Sammy Watkins is nice, but he's just not worth it.

I said this earlier in the year when people were expressing how much they loved Demarcus Robinson. Yadda yadda Pat's first downfield target he played with yadda yadda can track the ball when Pat improvises yadda yadda.

That's all nice and dandy, but just think about how long Pat is going to play with the Chiefs. Tyreek Hill will probably be washed up by the time Pat is midway through his prime. He'll still have another 5-10 years on top of that!

He's going to go through eras of WR, TE, and RB greats. This is just the first era.

Let it happen. Keep the REALLY good ones. Let the Conleys, Robinsons all walk, and if a guy is getting paid like Tyreek, he better damn well be PLAYING like Tyreek.

staylor26
03-03-2020, 09:38 PM
I'd rather have the money than Watkins.

Folks, we've got Patrick Mahomes at QB. That doesn't mean you surround him with fuckcrap, but it also means you don't overpay your weapons unless they're worth it. Sammy Watkins is nice, but he's just not worth it.

I said this earlier in the year when people were expressing how much they loved Demarcus Robinson. Yadda yadda Pat's first downfield target he played with yadda yadda can track the ball when Pat improvises yadda yadda.

That's all nice and dandy, but just think about how long Pat is going to play with the Chiefs. Tyreek Hill will probably be washed up by the time Pat is midway through his prime. He'll still have another 5-10 years on top of that!

He's going to go through eras of WR, TE, and RB greats. This is just the first era.

Let it happen. Keep the REALLY good ones. Let the Conleys, Robinsons all walk, and if a guy is getting paid like Tyreek, he better damn well be PLAYING like Tyreek.

This. Just keep drafting one every single year. Two if we have to.

ForeverIowan
03-03-2020, 09:40 PM
If Watkins walks you better damn well draft a playmaker with your first (WR or RB). Not interested in Mahomes getting knocked around because the entire offense revolves solely around him.

RealSNR
03-03-2020, 09:41 PM
Aaron Rodgers went from having Donald Driver as his #1 to Greg Jennings to Jordy Nelson to Davonte Adams. And that's his #1 option we're talking about. Not just an extra chess piece the team is paying a stupid amount of money to make (yes, important) plays in the playoffs but be completely absent from the picture in the regular season even in his WR2 role.

Thanks, Sammy. We appreciate the Super Bowl memories. I'll remember you fondly, but this shit is a business, and we have other mouths to feed.

Chiefshrink
03-03-2020, 09:45 PM
If Watkins walks you better damn well draft a playmaker with your first (WR or RB). Not interested in Mahomes getting knocked around because the entire offense revolves solely around him.

You don't want Mahomes getting knocked around BUT you want a WR/RB with the first overall pick?

kcclone
03-03-2020, 09:47 PM
You don't want Mahomes getting knocked around BUT you want a WR/RB with the first overall pick?

A legit RB might be the best way to protect Mahomes actually. I agree a WR is a stretch.

RealSNR
03-03-2020, 09:48 PM
What are we going to do without Sammy Watkins?!

Probably draft and develop a guy who does a better job of making plays consistently.

And even if we didn't draft a WR this year, we'd probably take a step back on offense, but it'd still be a pretty freaking high-powered machine.

Tyreek was out for how many weeks this year? Sammy took his place. And if he's some great playmaker, you'd at the very least expect him to have a high volume of targets as the #1, right? Nope. Couldn't even give us that. He was practically interchangeable with Demarcus Robinson during the regular season.

"Who cares?! The playoffs are what matter!"

Why not try to find a guy who will produce in the playoffs AND in the regular season? What's wrong with that?

The Franchise
03-03-2020, 09:49 PM

Yeah because you can draft offensive linemen after round 1.

ForeverIowan
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Yes - Did you see what happened in the Colts game this year with Cheetah and Sammy injured? Pat holding the ball taking unnecessary shots all night trying to extend plays. I'm all for building up the interior offensive line but not with your first rounder.

A 220 pound back in Jonathan Taylor and a legit running game would take a ton of pressure off Pat.

If you want to let Pat air it out 40+ times a game and not establish a traditional running game I get that as well hes the best player in the league keep the ball in his hands as much as possible but you better give him elite talents on the perimiter who win so he can get the ball out of his hands on schedule.

Chiefshrink
03-03-2020, 09:57 PM
Tyreek was out for how many weeks this year? Sammy took his place. And if he's some great playmaker, you'd at the very least expect him to have a high volume of targets as the #1, right? Nope. Couldn't even give us that. He was practically interchangeable with Demarcus Robinson during the regular season.

With TH out now the defense can always have their best CB on him not to mention double him much easier and let's face it even with TH out for those weeks Pat still had many other options to choose from.

I really believe Sammy gets a bad rap here to some degree IMHO. With that said, he still needs to take a pay cut no doubt.

tyecopeland
03-03-2020, 10:05 PM
Aaron Rodgers went from having Donald Driver as his #1 to Greg Jennings to Jordy Nelson to Davonte Adams. And that's his #1 option we're talking about. Not just an extra chess piece the team is paying a stupid amount of money to make (yes, important) plays in the playoffs but be completely absent from the picture in the regular season even in his WR2 role.

Thanks, Sammy. We appreciate the Super Bowl memories. I'll remember you fondly, but this shit is a business, and we have other mouths to feed.

Aaron rodgers is a bad comparison to make in this case because we aren't talking about the #1 wr. We are talking about the #2 guy. And let's look at the fall off from rodgers when he didnt have anybody behind his #1 guy.

tyecopeland
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Yeah because you can draft offensive linemen after round 1.

Pretty sure you can draft wr and rbs way later than round 1 too. Remind me where tyreek, K hunt, kelce and hardman got picked?

Chiefshrink
Yes - Did you see what happened in the Colts game this year with Cheetah and Sammy injured? Pat holding the ball taking unnecessary shots all night trying to extend plays. I'm all for building up the interior offensive line but not with your first rounder.

A 220 pound back in Jonathan Taylor and a legit running game would take a ton of pressure off Pat.

Granted our o-line played much better at the end of the season and was able to hold off the Titans/9ers "just enough"(interior that is) for Pat to make plays most of the time. But our interior o-line is our weak link in getting to Pat. I love Reiter's attitude BUT he is not the long term solution and yes Wiz and Rankin are valuable BUT they are not the long term solution either. We are sitting at 32 and IF a stud center is sitting there I'm taking him BUT only IF there are no more stud CBs/DEs/WRs/LBs available to pick from. I'm a huge fan of AJ Terrell CB. Jonathan Taylor would not have helped anymore than any of our other RBs in that game IMHO. But I really do like JT as a RB though.

RunKC
There will be really good receivers in rd 2. Trade down, get picks and get your guy or trade down, get more picks and use 64 on a talented receiver.

Chiefshrink
03-03-2020, 10:11 PM
There will be really good receivers in rd 2. Trade down, get picks and get your guy or trade down, get more picks and use 64 on a talented receiver.

This is probably what will happen.:thumb:

RealSNR
03-03-2020, 10:28 PM
Aaron rodgers is a bad comparison to make in this case because we aren't talking about the #1 wr. We are talking about the #2 guy. And let's look at the fall off from rodgers when he didnt have anybody behind his #1 guy.

But we're not gonna get rid of Sammy and replace him with Gehrig fucking Dieter.

It's not like we now have to play 10-man football or some shit just because we cut/traded a starter.

tyecopeland
03-03-2020, 10:30 PM
But we're not gonna get rid of Sammy and replace him with Gehrig fucking Dieter.

God, it's like some people think just because you cut a guy it means you're not allowed to replace him in the lineup, like you now have to play 10-man football or some shit.

Did the packers not think they were replacing Cobb? They tried. And it failed miserably.

RealSNR
03-03-2020, 10:36 PM
Did the packers not think they were replacing Cobb? They tried. And it failed miserably.

The Packers under Ted Thompson (pre-dementia symptoms) only EVER used WRs they drafted.

Driver
Nelson
Jennings
Jones
Cobb
Adams

I can't name a single free agent WR of note the Packers have picked up during the Aaron Rodgers era.

Not a single one.

And all of those guys are from different eras of Rodgers' career. It's not like they all stormed in at once. They had overlap years, but the Packers drafted guys, developed them with their all-star QB, and kept them when they were great. If they asked for too much money (like Jones and Jennings did) they let them walk. Or in the case of Cobb, they were just too injured and probably nearing the end of their career usefulness.

The Packers were kind of sucky on offense this year, but that's because they sucked at drafting WRs the past two years. Not because the broke dick version of Randall fucking Cobb wasn't on the team.

Dunerdr
03-04-2020, 09:51 AM
I would think with Hardman in the stable we could make a compelling arguement that pringle takes robinsons job, and watkins overall production could be replaced with using his money to upgrade at rb and iol. im not saying his impact is replaced but his production could be.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2020, 09:55 AM
I'm fine with it ..draft a WR in round 2 this is a deep class

Dunerdr
03-04-2020, 11:08 AM
arrowhead pride/addict/dick lickers posted something about sammy tweeting about his next adventure. Id assume the article is now speculating that hes gone.

Pitt Gorilla
03-04-2020, 01:32 PM
I would think with Hardman in the stable we could make a compelling arguement that pringle takes robinsons job, and watkins overall production could be replaced with using his money to upgrade at rb and iol. im not saying his impact is replaced but his production could be.

Pringle is going to play. He could be WR 2.

Chief Northman
03-04-2020, 01:38 PM
arrowhead pride/addict/dick lickers posted something about sammy tweeting about his next adventure. Id assume the article is now speculating that hes gone.

Check out Superturtle's embedded tweet on Page 8....

tyecopeland
03-04-2020, 01:40 PM

Hard to do when I only have 3 pages.

Sorce
03-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Hard to do when I only have 3 pages.

Page 3 for us sane people.

Dunerdr
03-04-2020, 02:05 PM

treed me. im not on twitter, and i dont often read ap/aa often.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-04-2020, 10:02 PM
He gone guys....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yikes. 😑 <a href="https://t.co/XPdIOKeLWP">pic.twitter.com/XPdIOKeLWP</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1235297283912200194?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-04-2020, 10:11 PM
Or not...... Watkins retweeted this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We gon extend Sammy Watkins to suffocate the cap hit. Bet on it.</p>&mdash; Brett (@rocksolidddddd) <a href="https://twitter.com/rocksolidddddd/status/1234986854417436672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FAX
03-04-2020, 10:23 PM
Optimism and direct, consistent, subconscious contact with the Great Spirit ... a winning combination.

When you take your bean-counter beanie off your bean and think about it, why would Sammy want to leave the Chiefs? Even after a pay cut, is he going to make more money elsewhere? Probably not. Is he going to work with a better medical and training staff? Highly doubtful. Is he going to play with a better set of skill players? Extremely unlikely. Is he going to catch passes from a better QB? Absolutely not.

Sammy would be smart to work a deal that keeps him in KC for another few years and I, for one, am hopeful he does just that.

FAX

Chief Northman
03-04-2020, 10:28 PM
Sammy messing with the Kingdom.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-04-2020, 11:30 PM
Well Sammy isn’t getting traded for a first. Second or third sounds more reasonable

KurtCobain
03-04-2020, 11:31 PM
Well Sammy isn’t getting traded for a first. Second or third sounds more reasonable

Third tops.

JohnnyV13
03-04-2020, 11:58 PM
How a Sammy Watkins deal could work:

He takes a 4 million pay cut in 2020. Convert 9 million to a signing bonus for an extension, and give him a 1 million salary. The extension is for 3 years, with 1 million salary 1st year, and 25 million salaries in years 2 and 3.

Year 2 and 3 are calculated so his contract number is too big to keep so it's in effect just a 1 year deal.

This structure would reduce the 2020 cap hit to $11 million, yielding a 10 million cap savings in 2020 with dead money hits of 3.33M in 2021 and 2022.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-05-2020, 12:05 AM

He takes a 4 million pay cut in 2020. Convert 9 million to a signing bonus for an extension, and give him a 1 million salary. The extension is for 3 years, with 1 million salary 1st year, and 25 million salaries in years 2 and 3.

Year 2 and 3 are calculated so his contract number is too big to keep so it's in effect just a 1 year deal.

This structure would reduce the 2020 cap hit to $11 million, yielding a 10 million cap savings in 2020 with dead money hits of 3.33M in 2021 and 2022.

Okay Brett

Mahomes_Is_God
03-05-2020, 12:57 AM
Okay Brett

He sounds smart and he has titties in his avatar. I say we listen to him.

SAGA45
03-05-2020, 03:07 AM

Looks good. Im sure Veach has put somethin in front of Sammy's reps. Getting him to agree to the pay cut is the issue, especially if he gets courted by another team or two with sexier numbers. And then there's the issue of whether he even wants to play in 2020. Gotta love the offseason.

JohnnyV13
03-05-2020, 03:50 AM
Looks good. Im sure Veach has put somethin in front of Sammy's reps. Getting him to agree to the pay cut is the issue, especially if he gets courted by another team or two with sexier numbers. And then there's the issue of whether he even wants to play in 2020. Gotta love the offseason.

It's a gamble. If he wants that 4 million in hand, they probably could find someone to trade him to who will pay off that last year of his contract.

But, what he really needs for a big money deal next season is to stay healthy in this offense. If he does, he's gambling 4 million to make another 40 million deal, because he'll put up numbers. Then he'd hit the FA market at age 28 with both stats and strong playoff resume.

SAGA45
03-05-2020, 04:30 AM
It's a gamble. If he wants that 4 million in hand, they probably could find someone to trade him to who will pay off that last year of his contract.

But, what he really needs for a big money deal next season is to stay healthy in this offense. If he does, he's gambling 4 million to make another 40 million deal, because he'll put up numbers. Then he'd hit the FA market at age 28 with both stats and strong playoff resume.

I see...it's a bet that he won't sit out the season vs staying in an ideal situation at a lower number to strengthen his worth in 2021. Nice! Because either way the Chiefs will get SOMEthing in return...whether its draft capital (in a deep WR class), a player or simply his production and presence in the offense for another SB run.

Still, he holds that "sit out the season" card, especially if the Chiefs arent working with him on a preferred trade destination similar to how they reportedly did with tAlex Smith.

So Watkins, if he wanted to, could still throw a wrench in things but hard to imagine the relationship between him and the team being that fractured if at all ..even from a pure business standpoint.

Red Dawg
03-05-2020, 05:16 AM
Hes gone. His contract makes him untradeable and he's should only stay at a very low price that he won't do.

Couch-Potato
03-05-2020, 05:24 AM
Hes gone. His contract makes him untradeable and he's should only stay at a very low price that he won't do.

Any team that traded for him would be paying him $14m, which isn't a ridiculous price for what he's capable of. Tom Brady picks up AB and Watkins and we're in trouble.

mcaj22
03-05-2020, 05:49 AM
Any team that traded for him would be paying him $14m, which isn't a ridiculous price for what he's capable of. Tom Brady picks up AB and Watkins and we're in trouble.

Tom Brady will have AJ Brown, Corey Davis and Adam Humphries.

R Clark
03-05-2020, 05:52 AM

Yeah if he gets an arm thrown in on the deal, and no one is signing AB

tyecopeland
03-05-2020, 06:07 AM

You don't get to spread the dead money out over the 2 years unless they designate him a post June 1 cut. So it would be a dead cap hit of nearly 7 mil next year. No thanks. I want sammy to be extended so we have a few more years not just to get one more and then push a cap hit further down the line. Big possible cap jump or not

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-05-2020, 07:24 AM
We should extend Kelce too but we all know that ain’t happening till Kittle signs his extension first

Chief Roundup
03-05-2020, 07:33 AM
It is like some of you don't know who our HC is, or maybe you all forgot about he does not run the ball. He never has in his entire career. He is not going to now. He did not with Kareem Hunt etc. at RB. He is a pass first HC with a pass first QB.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Jerok
03-05-2020, 07:54 AM
It is like some of you don't know who our HC is, or maybe you all forgot about he does not run the ball. He never has in his entire career. He is not going to now. He did not with Kareem Hunt etc. at RB. He is a pass first HC with a pass first QB.

Kareem Hunt ran for more yards than any other RB during his rookie year. What the hell are you talking about.

Urc Burry
03-05-2020, 07:56 AM

Kareem had 273 attempts his rookie year. And was on pace for about the same the year Mahomes had 5k passing yards before he got cut. Those attempt totals would have been good for 7th in the league this year. He runs the ball plenty when we have a good back

SAGA45
03-05-2020, 09:35 AM

A team could already could have a multi-year extension worked out with him upon completion of the trade that makes his 2020 hit more digestable.

Chief Roundup
03-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Kareem Hunt ran for more yards than any other RB during his rookie year. What the hell are you talking about.Kareem had 273 attempts his rookie year. And was on pace for about the same the year Mahomes had 5k passing yards before he got cut. Those attempt totals would have been good for 7th in the league this year. He runs the ball plenty when we have a good backHis rookie year was with Alex Smith. The year he got released he was averaging 17 touches a game. That is not as grandeous as you are making it out to be. The NFL is a passing league and is moving further in that direction.

staylor26
03-05-2020, 10:03 AM
His rookie year was with Alex Smith. The year he got released he was averaging 17 touches a game. That is not as grandeous as you are making it out to be. The NFL is a passing league and is moving further in that direction.

But you said “he never has in his entire career”.

Megatron96
03-05-2020, 10:12 AM
17 touches or carries, because he also had a few targets in every game as well.

JohnnyV13
03-05-2020, 10:14 AM
You don't get to spread the dead money out over the 2 years unless they designate him a post June 1 cut. So it would be a dead cap hit of nearly 7 mil next year. No thanks. I want sammy to be extended so we have a few more years not just to get one more and then push a cap hit further down the line. Big possible cap jump or not

I'm assuming they designate him a post June 1 cut. You can do this with 2 players from what I understand.

The Franchise
03-05-2020, 10:18 AM
I'm assuming they designate him a post June 1 cut. You can do this with 2 players from what I understand.

Not without a new CBA you can’t.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-05-2020, 10:25 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LeSean McCoy not expected to return to Chiefs <a href="https://t.co/6hkD0q4kVP">https://t.co/6hkD0q4kVP</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1235600817656344576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
03-05-2020, 10:33 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LeSean McCoy not expected to return to Chiefs <a href="https://t.co/6hkD0q4kVP">https://t.co/6hkD0q4kVP</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1235600817656344576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Did Sammy Watkins change his name to LeSean McCoy?

Chief Roundup
03-05-2020, 10:49 AM
But you said “he never has in his entire career”.OMG :rolleyes: ROFL

ModSocks
03-05-2020, 11:03 AM

Reid and Veach loved this guy and then benched him. Something went horribly wrong inside that locker room. I don't think it was all based on how he carries the ball. He wasn't doing something he should've.

The Franchise
03-05-2020, 11:08 AM
Reid and Veach loved this guy and then benched him. Something went horribly wrong inside that locker room. I don't think it was all based on how he carries the ball. He wasn't doing something he should've.

I wonder if he was outspoken in the locker room about sharing the ball.

JohnnyV13
03-05-2020, 01:24 PM
Not without a new CBA you can’t.

I don't think any deals can happen without knowing what the CBA will be in 2020.

bobhill
03-05-2020, 05:38 PM
he fumbled his way out of a job in buffalo and in kc

saphojunkie
03-05-2020, 06:08 PM
OMG :rolleyes: ROFL

Don't throw your back out moving the goal posts.

saphojunkie
03-05-2020, 06:13 PM

This is smart, but I'd rather trade him. If you extend, then you're guaranteeing he won't be traceable, and cutting him yields no comp pick. I prefer to have some kind of compensation when you lose a playmaker. Would rather get ANY kind of pick for him and use that $14M to fill other roster holes.

RealSNR
03-05-2020, 06:21 PM

I'm more scared of Ryan Tannehill with those receivers than 4000-year old creepy pedophile

BossChief
03-05-2020, 06:40 PM

I think that’s it.

When he was brought in, there were rumbles with Damien AND Shady.

Both wanted to be the alpha

Hoover
03-05-2020, 06:48 PM
same here.

Brady doesn't worry me, and that will be especially true if he's in LA, LV, Indy, or Nashville.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-05-2020, 07:18 PM

You do this shit on purpose

TEX
03-05-2020, 10:40 PM

I think it was all about the fumbles. Didnt you hold your breath every time he touched the ball? I sure did. Reid & Co. just lost all confidence in the guy. I don't blame them.

LIVForTheKingdom
03-06-2020, 01:04 AM
This is smart, but I'd rather trade him. If you extend, then you're guaranteeing he won't be traceable, and cutting him yields no comp pick. I prefer to have some kind of compensation when you lose a playmaker. Would rather get ANY kind of pick for him and use that $14M to fill other roster holes.
In this scenario:
Cut: $14M savings, $7M dead cap, need to fill his spot
Extend: $10M savings, $6.66M dead cap (spread over 2 years, and under the new CBA), no need to fill his spot on the roster. Also aren't carrying $7M in dead cap during the last year Pat's cap hit is low. Would be smart if such a move is done.
But if Sammy REALLY wants to play for the Texans, he has basically shown his cards, and it works in the Chiefs' favor. And with how stupid Bill O'Brien is, I can see him trading a 3rd or maaaybe even a 2nd. If we can get value, then def something to consider.

Tribal Warfare
03-06-2020, 01:21 AM
I think it was all about the fumbles. Didnt you hold your breadth every time he touched the bal? I sure did. Reid & Co. just all confidence in the guy. I dont blame them.

Yep, Shady CHOSE not to run the ball securely and Reid benched him because of it.

BlackOp
03-06-2020, 02:58 AM
In this scenario:
Cut: $14M savings, $7M dead cap, need to fill his spot
Extend: $10M savings, $6.66M dead cap (spread over 2 years, and under the new CBA), no need to fill his spot on the roster. Also aren't carrying $7M in dead cap during the last year Pat's cap hit is low. Would be smart if such a move is done.
But if Sammy REALLY wants to play for the Texans, he has basically shown his cards, and it works in the Chiefs' favor. And with how stupid Bill O'Brien is, I can see him trading a 3rd or maaaybe even a 2nd. If we can get value, then def something to consider.

Chiefs could resign him to a 2 year, $14 million guaranteed/$28 million back-loaded deal....with both of them knowing he will be gone after next year. The $28 million is just fluff...and it splits his cap hit to $7 million this year (which he is already counting against)...and then $7 million next year. It essentially pushes his dead money hit into 2021...and KC gets another year from him. Sammy gets $14 million for a single years work.

Watkins has to know its a terrible year to be a FA WR...and he didnt put up stellar numbers last season.

SAUTO
03-06-2020, 10:28 AM

nope, he just refused to protect the ball

KC_Lee
03-06-2020, 10:30 AM

And Brady won't play the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills (up until recently) twice a year for an easy 5 - 6 division wins a season.

InChiefsHeaven
03-06-2020, 11:08 AM

What's weird is he was a healthy scratch but was on the sidelines and you see him in the Mic'd up videos, he was all into the game and stuff. I wish there were an explanation as to why he was not in the game. Could it really be as simple as he just didn't have enough time after his injury to get on the same page? Weird.

Look, we wound up winning, so yay. I just can't believe they opted for Darwin Thompson over Shady for the Superbowl. Maybe it really was the fumbles, he had 3 and lost 2...

Simply Red
03-06-2020, 11:34 AM

Oh the Titans signed Brady?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-06-2020, 11:55 AM
I don’t think we are taking a WR in round 1. Recent mock draft has us taking CB Kristian Fulton however Patrick Queen was picked at 28. If I was Veach I would trade up. But Watkins will probably be here still tbh

Mecca
03-06-2020, 01:12 PM
I don’t think we are taking a WR in round 1. Recent mock draft has us taking CB Kristian Fulton however Patrick Queen was picked at 28. If I was Veach I would trade up. But Watkins will probably be here still tbh

Willie Gay Jr, is a better prospect than Queen is....

staylor26
03-06-2020, 01:16 PM

Whoa. That’s a hot take.

Gay’s 2018 game against Alabama sold me on him after watching the combine though.

Chief Northman
03-06-2020, 01:18 PM
Whoa. That’s a hot take.

Gay’s 2018 game against Alabama sold me on him after watching the combine though.

Great athlete and a punisher.
Character concerns and is not scheme discipline.

Queen and Murray are safer picks than this guy.

BlackOp
03-06-2020, 03:24 PM

How does trading Watkins to one the best AFC teams work in KC's favor? I'd rather not be paying him $7 million to play against the Chiefs in the 2020 post-season.

The Franchise
03-06-2020, 03:31 PM
Great athlete and a punisher.
Character concerns and is not scheme discipline.

Queen and Murray are safer picks than this guy.

How is Queen a safe pick? Dude didn’t really show up until the NC game.

bowener
03-06-2020, 03:34 PM

We can have a Gay or a Queen?

FABULOUS!

BossChief
03-06-2020, 09:16 PM
How does trading Watkins to one the best AFC teams work in KC's favor? I'd rather not be paying him $7 million to play against the Chiefs in the 2020 post-season.

:facepalm:

TribalElder
03-19-2020, 02:12 PM
Did Sammy's money just get guaranteed?

wasn't sure about dates regarding his deal

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-19-2020, 02:15 PM
I have no idea but his current market value is 11 mil a year. Which is what we should be giving him

Chargem
03-19-2020, 02:24 PM

It's salary that's left so it will only be earned as he plays the games, I am pretty sure.

Pitt Gorilla
03-19-2020, 03:59 PM
Diggs brought a haul to the Vikes. I wonder what Watkins could fetch.

Chargem
03-19-2020, 04:01 PM
Diggs brought a haul to the Vikes. I wonder what Watkins could fetch.

Um, what? Diggs tied up until 2023 for 12m cap hit per year. Not quite comparable.

TRR
03-19-2020, 04:31 PM
I have no idea but his current market value is 11 mil a year. Which is what we should be giving him

Completely agree. He’s the 3rd/4th option on offense, and hasn’t played a full 16 game season since, what, his rookie year?

Don’t get me wrong I love Sammy. He brings an energy, a swagger to the offense that won’t be easily replaced. But he simply can’t, and won’t get, more than 9-11MM a year.

Take the pay cut, and keep the family in one spot.

Skyy God
03-19-2020, 04:37 PM

Sporttrac says not for 2020.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/sammy-watkins-14413/

RealSNR
03-19-2020, 04:54 PM
Did we extend/cut/trade this piece of shit yet?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-19-2020, 05:30 PM
I think he’s staying guys!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">������</p>&mdash; King me (@sammywatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/1240779236350341121?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BossChief
03-19-2020, 05:34 PM
I doubt that tweet means a damn thing.

He’s not worth anything close to his last AAV, so if he stays they shouldn’t overpay to keep him.

Personally I’d rather trade him for anything and draft his replacement and use that cap space to sign Breeland, Pennell and Wisnewski back.

ModSocks
03-19-2020, 05:39 PM
I doubt that tweet means a damn thing.

He’s not worth anything close to his last AAV, so if he stays they shouldn’t overpay to keep him.

Personally I’d rather trade him for anything and draft his replacement and use that cap space to sign Breeland, Pennell and Wisnewski back.

Breeland's market hasn't really developed. Guys like Pennel and Wisnewski are 1 year vet min guys so if the Chiefs want them, they'll sign them.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-19-2020, 05:42 PM
Watkin's career earnings is a smidge under 54 million. Money may have less meaning after Buff & LA

BossChief
03-19-2020, 05:43 PM
Breeland's market hasn't really developed. Guys like Pennel and Wisnewski are 1 year vet min guys so if the Chiefs want them, they'll sign them.

I guess my point is this is a very strong WR draft so we can have

Hill
Hardman
Rookie

And use that $ to strengthen other spots.

Also, Veach said he’s going to try to keep as much of the team together as possible so to me that means getting Jones and Pat done then spending whatever is left over for the guys I mentioned.

I’m sure Veach has told their agents they want them back and they want to be back, too.

Gotta fit in the right money slot, though.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-19-2020, 05:56 PM

Hill
Hardman
Rookie

Also, Veach said he’s going to try to keep as much of the team together as possible so to me that means getting Jones and Pat done then spending whatever is left over for the guys I mentioned.

I’m sure Veach has told their agents they want them back and they want to be back, too.

Should be ashamed of yourself that you didn’t include Pringle to that list. He is basically taking D Robs spot

BossChief
03-19-2020, 06:57 PM
Should be ashamed of yourself that you didn’t include Pringle to that list. He is basically taking D Robs spot

Pringle hasn’t really shown he can do much, honestly. I could see him losing a spot to an UDFA if he doesn’t come back improved in a few areas.

Kiimo
03-19-2020, 06:59 PM
Pringle did a ton of positive stuff all year. Special teams alone keeps him on the team

MahomesMagic
03-19-2020, 07:00 PM

Hill
Hardman
Rookie

If we have to do that, KJ Hamler.

Hill
Hamler
Hardman

Good luck defenses covering that speed.

BWillie
03-19-2020, 07:08 PM
Pringle did a ton of positive stuff all year. Special teams alone keeps him on the team

Pringle sucks. Mahomes makes him look like he's more than a WR4. He's just a guy.

We saw what happened when we didn't have Watkins and Hill vs Indy this year. They played man to man and none of our shitty WRs could get separation. Mahomes still almost pulled a rabbit out of the hat while being injured most of the game.

staylor26
03-19-2020, 07:11 PM
Pringle sucks. Mahomes makes him look like he's more than a WR4. He's just a guy.

We saw what happened when we didn't have Watkins and Hill vs Indy this year. They played man to man and none of our shitty WRs could get separation. Mahomes still almost pulled a rabbit out of the hat while being injured most of the game.

You realize Pringle had 8 catches for 103 yards and a TD that game, right?

Kiimo
03-19-2020, 07:13 PM
Lol

CasselGotPeedOn
03-19-2020, 07:20 PM
Death, taxes, and BWillie being wrong about literally everything.

Titty Meat
03-19-2020, 07:22 PM
Bring back Breeland, Sign Roby-Coleman, Sign Perriman, cut Watkins.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-19-2020, 07:23 PM
I don’t like the “just throw in a rookie at X and everything’s fine” thought process.

Rookies don’t really ever perform that well in Reid’s system. Why would that change?

I think we’re already fighting some odds in hopes that Hardman is ready for a full time role. Another guy on top of that who wouldn’t and shouldn’t be a 1st rounder? That’s a lot of youth..

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-19-2020, 07:23 PM
If you look at D Will game clinching TD run. Pringle made that shit happen

TwistedChief
03-19-2020, 07:25 PM

Mahomes is Mahomes.

If BWillie doesn't expect that he can make an average receiver into a a household name, then he either doesn't respect his talent or doesn't appreciate what other HOF QBs have done.

phisherman
03-19-2020, 07:33 PM

Sherman had a huge block on that play too that sprung Williams to the 2nd level.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-19-2020, 07:42 PM
Sherman had a huge block on that play too that sprung Williams to the 2nd level.

Speaking of Sherman. Do we want him back on his 1/1 deals?

BigChiefFan
03-19-2020, 07:43 PM

I’d say that’s a definite, yes.

RealSNR
03-19-2020, 08:01 PM
I don’t like the “just throw in a rookie at X and everything’s fine” thought process.

Rookies don’t really ever perform that well in Reid’s system. Why would that change?

I think we’re already fighting some odds in hopes that Hardman is ready for a full time role. Another guy on top of that who wouldn’t and shouldn’t be a 1st rounder? That’s a lot of youth..

So this time around, maybe don't draft for limitless potential above all else like he did with Hardman. Maybe Veach should "settle" for an experienced and somewhat developed college player whose physical traits are viewed by scouts as being "pretty good" fits for the next level.

That rookie is still going to face challenges in the pros, but he's also got time to put it together bit by bit.

And if there's a significant worry about Hardman being the #2, go get a cheap vet. Lord knows we're going to be in this position anyway when Watkins inevitably suffers a multi-game injury. May as well cut to the chase and at least plan for it instead of getting caught with our pants down.

BigChiefFan
03-19-2020, 08:31 PM
I sure hope Sammy isn’t still mulling things over. We need a yes or a no. Let’s get the show on the road.

phisherman
03-19-2020, 08:41 PM

Oh, hell yes. He's a solid special teamer as well. Good for team chemistry, at least seems to be.

arrowheadnation
03-19-2020, 08:58 PM

His arrivals at camp each year are worth the vet minimum salary alone.

The Franchise
03-19-2020, 11:32 PM
Can we hurry up and either trade or cut this guy already....

Pitt Gorilla
03-19-2020, 11:46 PM
He's also fast as hell and can catch. He's going to be good this season.

srvy
03-19-2020, 11:51 PM
:clap:

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2020, 09:45 AM
All of this time passing makes me think he’s staying. Maybe not, but I don’t understand the need to wait otherwise.

So then we move forward with major needs at: CB, WILL LB, IOL, maybe RB... really not a ton of work to be done when you boil it down as long as Jones and Watkins stick.

Shields68
03-20-2020, 10:22 AM
All of this time passing makes me think he’s staying. Maybe not, but I don’t understand the need to wait otherwise.

So then we move forward with major needs at: CB, WILL LB, IOL, maybe RB... really not a ton of work to be done when you boil it down as long as Jones and Watkins stick.

The only reason to wait is that if your unsure of the Jones situation. You have to cut him to sign Jones to clear the cap space but willing to bring him back (even the 1 year 14 million) if you trade Jones.

BWillie
03-20-2020, 10:29 AM

He did, but someone has to catch the ball if other receivers are out. The fact of the matter we lost that game and our WRs were not getting separation. The magic of Mahomes is the only thing that kept us in that game. If you go back and look at that game, Mahomes didn't actually play that bad. We just uncharacteristically struggled on 3rd downs because our WR3 and WR4 had to play.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Pringle is just a guy.

The Franchise
03-20-2020, 10:31 AM
He did, but someone has to catch the ball if other receivers are out. The fact of the matter we lost that game and our WRs were not getting separation. The magic of Mahomes is the only thing that kept us in that game. If you go back and look at that game, Mahomes didn't actually play that bad. We just uncharacteristically struggled on 3rd downs because our WR3 and WR4 had to play.

So you mean like most teams except for the Mahomes part?

When teams are down to their 3rd and 4th string WRs....the offense tends to struggle.

BWillie
03-20-2020, 10:54 AM
So you mean like most teams except for the Mahomes part?

When teams are down to their 3rd and 4th string WRs....the offense tends to struggle.

That is exactly my point. Pringle is not good. He's just a guy. He's a WR4, and no more.