PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This is it, it's really happening, so be thankful.

dlphg9
02-02-2020, 04:33 AM
I can't believe that in 13 short hours we will be watching our team, the Kansas City Chiefs, play in the biggest sporting event in the world. For many of us, this is the first time we have ever had the privilege of seeing our Chiefs in the Super Bowl and for our older members this is something they have waited 50 years to see again. Then there is one group of people that will never have the chance to experience the craziness of a SB appearence.

When its been 50 years between Super Bowl appearances there is going to be a large number of fans that never got the chance to witness this amazing spectacle. They never had the chance to see just how much Kansas City loves the Chiefs. They were never able to see the hordes of people in the local Academy buying any and all Chiefs merchandise they could get their hands on. They will never get to see how much more happy and friendly everyone around the city has become just because the local sports team is playing for the NFL Championship. The amazing thing is that this happiness isn't just the sports fans, it's everyone.

Almost everyone on this board can say they knew or were close to someone that passed away before they had the chance to experience this amazing situation. I know we all expect the Chiefs to be in the Super Bowl several more times in the next decade and even if that does happen, we are all on borrowed time. I lost my brother 9 years ago at the age of 18. I never would have thought before that day that he'd be one of those fans that wouldn't have the oppportunity to see this team in the Super Bowl, so I say to everyone, be thankful for everything that we have gotten to experience this year. It's been a hell of a ride and im glad I have you all here to talk to about the game.

One last thing and kinda off topic, but there are numerous people that like to say "it's just a game, why do you even care", but once you see what happens to a city during a championship run, you will understand why sports matters so much. You can't find anything that will bring a city together like winning a championship in professional sports. I guess a tragedy, like a terrorist attack will bring people together, but who wants that?

DaNewGuy
02-02-2020, 05:00 AM
Still dont feel real, cant sleep at all

1adam1238
02-02-2020, 05:05 AM
Very well said. Go Chiefs!!!

Nickhead
02-02-2020, 05:07 AM
Still dont feel real, cant sleep at all

you REALLY need to change your sig? not until after the game tho :D

Dayze
02-02-2020, 08:02 AM
First time in my entire life that I have watched a super bowl with any vested interest. It’s a strange feeling. Nerves are at an all time high.

Chris Meck
02-02-2020, 08:25 AM
I'm so goddamned grateful.

TwistedChief
02-02-2020, 08:35 AM
Well said. I love you, my friend.

stevieray
02-02-2020, 08:43 AM
....been savoring EVERY moment.

TribalElder
02-02-2020, 09:29 AM
This is going to be glorious

RollChiefsRoll
02-02-2020, 09:32 AM
Savoring every minute. Wish my late best friend was here to see it.

PhillyChiefFan
02-02-2020, 09:34 AM
Enjoying every minute, because I remember the many many years of having only the draft to look forward to by November.

Hammock Parties
02-02-2020, 09:40 AM
I WISH I COULD BE WITH YOU ALL TODAY

Arrowheadstumpy
02-02-2020, 09:53 AM
I am a nervous wreck....so excited to finally see the Red and Gold hoist the Lombardi!!!

HonestChieffan
02-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Very grateful for sure. And have asked for a safe game for all the Chiefs.

gblowfish
02-02-2020, 10:05 AM
"It's Super Sunday. No tomorrow until July." - Bill Grigsby Super Bowl IV

PAChiefsGuy
02-02-2020, 10:25 AM
I always believed we'd get there when we hired Reid. Now it's time to win the fucking thing! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

scho63
02-02-2020, 12:20 PM
First time in my entire life that I have watched a super bowl with any vested interest. It’s a strange feeling. Nerves are at an all time high.

Really??? :hmmm:

I couldn't be more relaxed after last week's epic win and finally, finally, finally making it to the Super Bowl. :D

carcosa
02-02-2020, 01:46 PM
We Will Win!!!!!

dlphg9
02-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Cant wait for this!