PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mitch Schwartz: best playoffs ever for a OT?

pugsnotdrugs19
02-03-2020, 08:26 AM
Just saw that he only gave up like 2 pressures the entire playoffs on 100 pass protection snaps.

In games where the other team knew we were passing.

This wouldn’t be possible without him and the big guys deserve tons of credit — they usually only get blame.

He’s been Mr. Clutch and Consistent for our line since getting here and totally erased Ford from existence.

SUPER BOWL LIV CHAMPIONS

Hoover
02-03-2020, 08:28 AM
Dude has been a complete steal.

TwistedChief
We’ve gotten insane value for him. Really remarkable performance on his part.

Reerun_KC
The OL was fantastic, props to the Franchise for delivering a Super Bowl all these years later. 1.1 the Franchise got it done.

RealSNR
02-03-2020, 08:29 AM
Shut Dee Ford the fuck down, that’s for sure. Did that guy even register a single tackle?

Reerun_KC
02-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Who is Ford?

notorious
02-03-2020, 08:31 AM
Shut Dee Ford the **** down, that’s for sure. Did that guy even register a single tackle?

He "almost" got to Mahomes on the Williams goal line touchdown in the corner.

dirk digler
02-03-2020, 08:31 AM
What was Fisher's grade because he really struggled? I think Bosa owned him most of the night.

notorious
02-03-2020, 08:32 AM
Who is Ford?

****ing

Overrated

Replaceable

Dipshit

notorious
02-03-2020, 08:33 AM
What was Fisher's grade because he really struggled? I think Bosa owned him most of the night.

Thank goodness the officials allowed both teams to hold like crazy.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-03-2020, 08:39 AM

Bosa is even better than I thought. I’ll give Fisher credit there certainly was a shortage for effort, just outmatched.

F150
02-03-2020, 08:40 AM
Not a popular POV I suppose, but my take was the Oline did ok and sure not great. When Pat scrambled he had a 9er on his ass every time, and fast ones. Fisher got beat repeatedly, and Pat was rushed way too many times. Bosa is a beast

That said, 9ers D line did a great job.

And Shanrat can eat shit.

Shaid
02-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Bosa is freaking unbelievable and the line did just ok. Schwartz shined as usual. I wouldn't be shocked to see the 49ers back next year and we need to make sure Pat stays upright and doesn't get knocked around so much. He was off a lot of this game due to getting knocked around and being under pressure. Even the threat of pressure made him unusually off. Hopefully being in one and winning relieves the pressure for the next time.

notorious
02-03-2020, 08:46 AM
Not a popular POV I suppose, but my take was the Oline did ok and sure not great. When Pat scrambled he had a 9er on his ass every time, and fast ones. Fisher got beat repeatedly, and Pat was rushed way too many times. Bosa is a beast

I thought the Oline sucked overall.

Bosa was an uncaged animal out there.

FringeNC
02-03-2020, 08:48 AM

My take as well. Need to restock on fatties this draft.

notorious
02-03-2020, 08:49 AM

Well, their run blocking was pretty damn good.

RunKC
02-03-2020, 08:55 AM

Nick Bosa is so much better than his brother. I thought they were comparable, but Bosa is just so much harder to defend. Andy has legit chips and doubles and it still didn’t work. It wasn’t just Fisher. Blake Bell and Damien Williams got destroyed by him.

I think the kid deserves the hype. He’s already to a top 5 edge rusher and I think he could easily be the best as soon as next year.

We do need to add a C in the draft and retool there, but keep in mind that those guys had 5 first rd picks. That rarely happens and I don’t think we’ve seen that type of talent at DL in quite a few years.

Hoover
02-03-2020, 08:57 AM
I expect a couple picks on the Line this year. We really don't have shit besides at the OT position, and those guys are only locked up for the next couple years.

RedRaider56
02-03-2020, 08:58 AM

Heard a stat this morning that Bosa had 12 QB pressures last night, tying the most pressures in a NFL game this year. Fisher had a rough game last night

pugsnotdrugs19
02-03-2020, 09:14 AM
Fisher has always struggled with really powerful players, especially if they also have speed.

There just isn’t many tackles in the league equipped to handle Bosa 1-on-1.

dirk digler
02-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Thank goodness the officials allowed both teams to hold like crazy.

Bosa is even better than I thought. I’ll give Fisher credit there certainly was a shortage for effort, just outmatched.

Heard a stat this morning that Bosa had 12 QB pressures last night, tying the most pressures in a NFL game this year. Fisher had a rough game last night

I have to give Bosa credit because is much better than his brother or at least he was last night. Maybe Fisher just had an off night but he really struggled.

R Clark
02-03-2020, 09:35 AM
You can find a few snaps where they give pat some time .long pass to hill I think was one if I remember right and the one to Watkins down the sideline another?

BossChief
02-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Bosa looks like a guy that can win multiple DMVP awards.

The game plan was obviously to have Fisher handle him 1 on 1 and keep extra receiving options out there.

Fisher got beat a lot it, but for that matchup he fared better than I would expect.

MIAdragon
02-03-2020, 09:44 AM
DWill chucked him on one of the red zone plays, paging Clay pls gif that shit up.

Buehler445
02-03-2020, 09:48 AM
Dude has been a complete steal.

Schwartz has been really good man. I won't lie, when we picked him up I was like, "Cleveland? Really?"

Shut Dee Ford the fuck down, that’s for sure. Did that guy even register a single tackle?

1 Tackle 1 Assist. 1 Lining up offside call that didn't get called. But the stupid fuck lined up off sides.

Who is Ford?

A dumbfuck that is too stupid to line up behind the ball. Because stupid.

Credit where credit is due, that 9ers front is a horror show. They effectively covered up a total shit secondary.

I'm not thrilled with the interior OL play. Fisher got his ass handed to him, but that's a tough draw. Fisher also did a nice job of running him out of the play, which would have worked if the interior OL wasn't getting their shit pushed in or just plain blown by. In my uneducated opinion many snaps that Fisher got destroyed in would look better if the the interior could hold.

Buehler445
02-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Bosa looks like a guy that can win multiple DMVP awards.

The game plan was obviously to have Fisher handle him 1 on 1 and keep extra receiving options out there.

Fisher got beat a lot it, but for that matchup he fared better than I would expect.

Similar to Watt, his most likely derailment is injury. I guess and possibly shit coaching on the level of Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards.

staylor26
02-03-2020, 09:52 AM
DWill chucked him on one of the red zone plays, paging Clay pls gif that shit up.

Then caught the ball made a ridiculous move to make the defender miss by the sideline and got the 1st.

What a play that was.

JohnnyHammersticks
02-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Schwartz doesn't get nearly enough credit. Not from CP, and not from the media. Just a dominant NFL RT. Solid as hell. One of the most underrated players in the NFL.

MIAdragon
02-03-2020, 10:40 AM
Then caught the ball made a ridiculous move to make the defender miss by the sideline and got the 1st.

What a play that was.

May have been my fav play of the night.

WhawhaWhat
02-03-2020, 10:42 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yes, this action is cool ... but the <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> OL is PANCAKING EVERYONE. There’s no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B against his will. ������ <a href="https://t.co/9bOSZJlWmi">pic.twitter.com/9bOSZJlWmi</a></p>&mdash; Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) <a href="https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1224370038687391747?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>