PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which play made you punch something?

ChiefRocka
02-03-2020, 03:11 PM
For me it was Kelce giving up the 1st down by doubling back. Against that defense you go forward to the sticks. Hand still hurts.

jd1020
02-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Pretty much every pussy ass 3rd down pass call in the first half capped off with the fucking 3rd and 14 screen.

RedRaider56
02-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Mahomes first pick of the game. It was brutal.

Spott
02-03-2020, 03:15 PM
When Reid called timeout at the end of the first half when the Niners were just trying to run out the clock, thus giving them another shot to get in FG range and take the lead at halftime.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Tyreek 2nd and 15 catch hitting the ground.

Then Mahomes was like "you pussy, watch this"

Stinger
02-03-2020, 03:18 PM
When Reid called timeout at the end of the first half when the Niners were just trying to run out the clock, thus giving them another shot to get in FG range and take the lead at halftime.

This was my WTF moment as well.

gblowfish
02-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Not a play.
Joe Buck uttering his first syllable.

I hate that guy.

Easy 6
02-03-2020, 03:20 PM
For me it was Kelce giving up the 1st down by doubling back. Against that defense you go forward to the sticks. Hand still hurts.

They weren’t the worst plays, but Kelces habit of dancing around right before getting a first down is maddening and seems to be happening more and more

He did it at least twice last night, still love him of course but dude please STAHP

BWillie
02-03-2020, 03:21 PM
The second interception. I thought we were going to go down and score. Turns out, we just wanted to make it more exciting. Your welcome America.

eDave
02-03-2020, 03:23 PM
Mahomes first pick of the game. It was brutal.

I was frozen in disbelief.

Kman34
02-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Not getting a clean tv shot of Shakira’s ass..

JohnnyHammersticks
02-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Like the OP, I wanted to punch something the last time Kelce could've fallen forward for a 1st down, but he tried to make a move and ended up a yard short. It was the 3rd or 4th time during the game that we did that. Luckily we got the 1st down on the next play I believe.

ThaVirus
02-03-2020, 03:26 PM
I'm not the violent angry type so I don't have issues with that sort of thing. I actually had a few brews during the game last night to take the edge off and be even more chill.

.. But nearest I got to losing hope was when Pat threw that second INT. I knew we'd need to score TDs on our remaining two possessions (I thought that's all we'd be able to count on at that point) while also essentially preventing them from converting even one 1st down.

I just turned to my girlfriend and said "This is not ideal" and grabbed another beer lol

lcarus
02-03-2020, 03:27 PM
Kelce trying to make a move and losing first down yardage. Tyreek did the same thing but fortunately they gave him the first down with the spot.

But the play that really pissed me off was Pringle could have had them pinned at the 1 yard line but whiffed trying to bat the ball back. It was just a dumb mishap.

Molitoth
02-03-2020, 03:29 PM
Tyreek Hill not catching the second INT.

I know the pass was not perfect, but the ball hit you in the hands. Catch it.

Easy 6
02-03-2020, 03:31 PM
Kelce trying to make a move and losing first down yardage. Tyreek did the same thing but fortunately they gave him the first down with the spot.

But the play that really pissed me off was Pringle could have had them pinned at the 1 yard line but whiffed trying to bat the ball back. It was just a dumb mishap.

Yep that was fucking dumb, don’t try to cradle the ball and basically execute a handoff... just swat the damn thing out

YontsRBake
When they did that team picture celebration, I about lost my shit.

comochiefsfan
Didn't want to punch something, but thought it was over on Mahomes second pick. More just sadness and disappointment than anger.

I was holding out hope up until then, but after that play I resigned myself to the fact that it just wasn't Pat's day.

You would think I'd know by now to never count him out until the clock hits 0. He served me one more reminder.

Chiefnj2
02-03-2020, 03:32 PM
2nd down reverse, third down screen play calling got the blood boiling a bit

Sassy Squatch
02-03-2020, 03:32 PM
Mahomes Hill misfire that led to the 2nd interception.

Beef Supreme
02-03-2020, 03:33 PM

I yelled the loudest at my TV on the Kelce catch.

RedRaider56
02-03-2020, 03:35 PM
Mahomes Hill misfire that led to the 2nd interception.

I read an article where PMII said he said threw it behind Hill intentionally. Didn't want to get Hill killed by the safety. Stated that next time he would just throw the ball directly to Hill and trust Hill to make the catch.

bdlangton
02-03-2020, 03:35 PM
All of the 2nd and long runs.

SeattleChiefFan
02-03-2020, 03:40 PM
Something or someone?

Because I wanted to punch SOMEONE (Travis) when 87 gave up the first down.

I wanted to punch SOMETHING after the 2nd pick. What I did instead was jump off the couch and yell "It is so fvcking painful to be a Chief fan". I need to trust Andy and PMII more.

HemiEd
02-03-2020, 03:58 PM
For me it was Kelce giving up the 1st down by doubling back. Against that defense you go forward to the sticks. Hand still hurts. Both Kelce and Tyreek have been doing that a lot.

To answer the thread question, for me it was Andy calling timeout near the end of the first half when the 9ers were going to run out the clock.

I don't remember which regular season game it was today, (Titans, Texans?) but that bit him in the ass once before and came close again.

A8bil
02-03-2020, 04:25 PM
When PMII threw that hail mary duck to Hill on 3rd and 15 for 40 yards. :deevee: As a 49er fan, what do you expect me to say. ;)

Can I ask this without bumming your well-deserved high today? Who do you credit more on that play, Mahomes or Hill? I ask because Mahomes just chucked it up in a general vicinity with a lot of hang time. But Hill was so wide open because he froze Ward in the middle of the field and broke flag giving himself a 15 yard cushion. Obviously kudos to Mahomes for getting off the pass under heavy pressure, but my sense is a lesser receiver doesn't get the space that Hill had to wait for the pass and catch it unmolested. Game turning play there, no matter how you look at it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-03-2020, 04:27 PM
When PMII threw that hail mary duck to Hill on 3rd and 15 for 40 yards. :deevee: As a 49er fan, what do you expect me to say. ;)

Can I ask this without bumming your well-deserved high today? Who do you credit more on that play, Mahomes or Hill? I ask because Mahomes just chucked it up in a general vicinity with a lot of hang time. But Hill was so wide open because he froze Ward in the middle of the field and broke flag giving himself a 15 yard cushion. Obviously kudos to Mahomes for getting off the pass under heavy pressure, but my sense is a lesser receiver doesn't get the space that Hill had to wait for the pass and catch it unmolested. Game turning play there, no matter how you look at it.

Definitely Tyreek. He puts the defenders on skates but Mahomes has to throw it because I think Armstead was about to light him up. Great throw just getting it off but greater move by Tyreek

Rasputin
02-03-2020, 04:31 PM
I did throw a half full beer can at the wall . I think it was a running play on first down .

WilliamTheIrish
02-03-2020, 04:36 PM
I screamed out the door of the sun room and threw about twenty punches at air when Jonesy spun Gamemanager-oppolo around and caused the first INT.

Neighbors thought that might have been excessive. (No flag tho.)

InChiefsHeaven
02-03-2020, 04:37 PM
I threw my hat in anger on Mahomes 2nd pick...and I cursed Aikman all game because he sucks.

Easy 6
02-03-2020, 04:42 PM

That play was set up by Reid/Mahomes perfectly, they’d run out of that exact formation in the first half, and Frisco shut it down... and indeed had ran that play multiple times all season

And Mahomes/Reid knew you were familiar with it... so on that play they lined up in a look you’d seen and beaten before in the first half

Except this time, instead of running a post as usual, Hill broke outside at the top of his route... that’s how he got so open, SI had a great write up about it this morning

Bump
02-03-2020, 04:44 PM
I was calm AF through the whole game.

TwistedChief
02-03-2020, 04:44 PM

...preceded by a first down run. 3 plays not really allowing Mahomes to showcase his abilities.

That's got my vote.

Ming the Merciless
02-03-2020, 04:49 PM
The second pick...and when SF muffed the punt and pringle couldn't quite make the play to punch the ball

I didnt actually punch anything but I wanted to!

A8bil
02-03-2020, 04:54 PM
That play was set up by Reid/Mahomes perfectly, they’d run out of that exact formation in the first half, and Frisco shut it down... and indeed had ran that play multiple times all season

And Mahomes/Reid knew you were familiar with it... so on that play they lined up in a look you’d seen and beaten before in the first half

Except this time, instead of running a post as usual, Hill broke outside at the top of his route... that’s how he got so open, SI had a great write up about it this morning So, Reid is the winner? Hill was *wide* open. When the pass went up, I was jumping up screaming "another pick!" only to see it come down to Hill with no one around him. :banghead:

Wallcrawler
02-03-2020, 04:57 PM

THIS. I actually spiked my remote into pieces. We are still finding the buttons.

The tsunami of profanity that erupted from my mouth toward Andy sent wife n children running for cover.

Make no mistake about it folks, Andy went classic full fucking Reidtard with that timeout.

We dodged a huge bullet because of an almost equally retarded pushoff by Kittle. Luck was with Andy on that unfathomably stupid decision.

Frazod
02-03-2020, 04:58 PM
That Hardman reverse pissed me off. Can't run that shit against a team that penetrates the backfield so quickly.

kc rush
02-03-2020, 05:03 PM
My punching days are over. Learned that one the hard way after a last minute Manning/Donk comeback. The surgery was no fun.

There were a few "LEARN TO FUCKING TACKLE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT" screams last night.

HemiEd
02-03-2020, 05:04 PM

Heh, I agree and hadn't seen this:banghead:

dj56dt58
02-03-2020, 05:04 PM

This made me say very unpleasant things

Sofa King
02-03-2020, 05:06 PM
The double backs get my vote

Easy 6
02-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Not getting a clean tv shot of Shakira’s ass..

Heh no lie, that thick red curtain hiding her fanny killed the sizzle

Easy 6
02-03-2020, 05:42 PM
That Hardman reverse pissed me off. Can't run that shit against a team that penetrates the backfield so quickly.

Seven yard loss served on a platter

JohnnyHammersticks
02-03-2020, 05:47 PM
THIS. I actually spiked my remote into pieces. We are still finding the buttons.

The tsunami of profanity that erupted from my mouth toward Andy sent wife n children running for cover.

Make no mistake about it folks, Andy went classic full fucking Reidtard with that timeout.

We dodged a huge bullet because of an almost equally retarded pushoff by Kittle. Luck was with Andy on that unfathomably stupid decision.

There's not making sense, and then there's not even being in the realm of conceivable possibilities. Calling a timeout in that situation wasn't even in the realm of conceivable possibilities.

Megatron96
02-03-2020, 05:48 PM
There were a few . . . however . ..

The second INT. I thought that was the dagger.

notorious
02-03-2020, 05:55 PM

Mahomes fired it behind him. Jesus Christ would have a hard time bringing it in.

notorious
02-03-2020, 05:56 PM
Running backwards. It pisses me off to no end.

notorious
02-03-2020, 05:56 PM
As to one play, the Hardman sweep before half. Jesus he gave up 5 yards without any effort.

Deberg_1990
02-03-2020, 05:59 PM
This one

smithandrew051
02-03-2020, 06:00 PM
Second pick by Mahomes for sure. Despite playing like shit all night, we had an opportunity to make it a 3 point game. Finally got something going on offense...then that happened.

Luckily the defense strangled the life out of the 49ers offense the rest of the night.

PHOG

This was me, those damn plays that Andy inevitably calls each and every game. And this time back to back. :banghead:

smithandrew051
As to one play, the Hardman sweep before half. Jesus he gave up 5 yards without any effort.

And that was a terrible play call in that situation too. Gotta live or die with Mahomes in that situation.

notorious
02-03-2020, 06:01 PM
And that was a terrible play call in that situation too. Gotta live or die with Mahomes in that situation.

Yep.

They were destroying our jet sweeps with super human defensive end play.

chinaski
02-03-2020, 06:05 PM
I was very calm the entire game. I kept it real the entire day, doing chores and not trying to think about it. Game time I fired up the grill and got dinner ready. I was detached, for the most part.

That final touchdown by Williams I broke down. I started screaming. Honestly, and this might sound weird, but the feeling was similar to losing my mother...just an uncontrollable rush of emotion. I just flipped the fuck out and started balling! We had just won the Super Bowl!

I am so proud of my team, and happy for Kansas City. It will always be home.

Easy 6
02-03-2020, 06:35 PM
I was very calm the entire game. I kept it real the entire day, doing chores and not trying to think about it. Game time I fired up the grill and got dinner ready. I was detached, for the most part.

That final touchdown by Williams I broke down. I started screaming. Honestly, and this might sound weird, but the feeling was similar to losing my mother...just an uncontrollable rush of emotion. I just flipped the fuck out and started balling! We had just won the Super Bowl!

I am so proud of my team, and happy for Kansas City. It will always be home.

I’m feeling you, it was such a rollercoaster of emotion... highest of highs to the lowest of lows, a true midlife catharsis if you will

Deep seated emotion on full display, all fully vented out now and cruising on Cloud 9

Marcellus
02-03-2020, 06:41 PM
Why are you idiots focusing on negatives?

Wallcrawler
02-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Why are you idiots focusing on negatives?

Is this punishable by death too?

02-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Kelce hands down. Not getting that first down pissed me the hell off. I scared everyone in the room when I screamed GODDAMNIT KELCE!!!

Wallcrawler
02-03-2020, 06:47 PM
Kelce hands down. Not getting that first down pissed me the hell off. I scared everyone in the room when I screamed GODDAMNIT KELCE!!!

Hill did a couple of those too. Losing 2-3 yards trying to get more when you could fall forward for the first.

Marcellus
02-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Is this punishable by death too?

You aren't dead yet?If not thats too bad. We dont need more stupid genes surviving.

Tribal Warfare
02-03-2020, 06:51 PM
Anytime Juszczyk made a play with a smug celebration

Johnny Vegas
02-03-2020, 06:57 PM
I was hosting a party and kept my cool the whole time. Most of the boys watching with me I’ve seen flip the fuck out on their own teams and wanted to show some restraint so it wasn’t awkward for everyone. When the clock struck 0 I played We Are The Champions and shook hands with everyone as Marshawn Lynch does after scoring a TD. lol

Wallcrawler
02-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Anytime Juszczyk made a play with a smug celebration

This close to winning lol.

cdcox
02-03-2020, 08:10 PM
The second interception.

Clearly Mahomes threw behind Hill on that interception, but it might have been intentional. The replay showed Jaquiski Tartt closing hard on Hill from the right side of the field. If Mahomes would have led him, it probably would have been an INT or at least a heavy hit on Hill.

Naptown Chief
02-03-2020, 08:41 PM
I punched my dick when Williams broke the game clenching TD

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1482hCQhu36bq8" width="480" height="348" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/south-park-randy-spooky-ghost-1482hCQhu36bq8">via GIPHY</a></p>

RedRaider56
02-03-2020, 08:48 PM
Clearly Mahomes threw behind Hill on that interception, but it might have been intentional. The replay showed Jaquiski Tartt closing hard on Hill from the right side of the field. If Mahomes would have led him, it probably would have been an INT or at least a heavy hit on Hill.

Mahomes said he intentionally threw it behind Hill so he wouldn't get murdered by the safety coming across. Stated he wouldn't do it again, just trust Hill to make the catch.

DTVietnam
02-03-2020, 08:48 PM
andy calling timeout at the end of the 1st half when SF had the ball

Bowser
02-03-2020, 08:49 PM
The second INT, and it's not close.

OnTheWarpath15
02-03-2020, 09:03 PM
The second INT, and it's not close.

I was strangely calm all night, even after this.

But this is the closest I felt to OH FUCK all night, for sure.

Spott
02-03-2020, 09:16 PM

It was totally one of the mistakes that Andy has been criticized for over his career that has cost his teams a number of big games over the years. But the decision by Shanarat to not call timeout at the end of the half and not even attempting to get a score before halftime with 2 minutes left and all of their timeouts was one of the worst coaching decisions I’ve ever seen and far more egregious than I’ve ever seen Reid do. We were fortunate that we didn’t bail them out with that timeout.

cdcox
02-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Mahomes said he intentionally threw it behind Hill so he wouldn't get murdered by the safety coming across. Stated he wouldn't do it again, just trust Hill to make the catch.

His vision is phenomenal. He sees more in live action than most people see after multiple views of the replay (cough, Aikman). I trust that despite his statement, he isn't going to start leading our receivers in to death blows.

MMXcalibur
02-03-2020, 09:24 PM
Mahomes' 2nd interception.

I didn't really want to punch something more than I just slunk to the ground in a defeated manner.