PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pat had asked to run the Hill play; Simms breaks down key plays and coaching

jerryaldini
02-04-2020, 01:40 AM
Minute 17:30. Peter King asked Pat about the 3rd down throw to Hill. Pat had seen the way Jimmy Ward was cheating over in their cover 3 in the first half and asked to run that play in the second half. Andy called it at the critical time and Ward reacted just as Pat expected. If they don't convert there they are punting and likely game over. Amazing how that single play turned the game. Great example of the synergy between Andy and Pat.

Minute 31 talks about how Spags was mixing blitzes and coverages in the 4th to confuse Jimmy G. For instance on the first fourth down he blitzed Sorenson just to require Kittle to block him and remove Kittle as an option. Meanwhile Saleh just stuck with the cover 3 dropping 7 which has been repeatedly exposed in 4th quarters (Seattle, Atlanta, San Fran) when the front four tires and there's no disguise for Pat to cosnider.

Chiefs outcoached them on both sides of the ball. Wish there were more shows like this rather than all the hot take bullshit "who is the mvp of sports, react to me?".

Separately, Clark called out how Niners started celebrating in the 4th. 'We're down 10 points and there's 15 minutes to go, and the guys start celebrating like they about to win the Super Bowl," said Clark, the man who calls himself "Black Elvis," who makes $20 million a year and is playing like it, too. "I went out the next drive and told them, 'Y'all is going home, too, like the rest of them m-----f-----s.'
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28626252/inside-nine-minutes-won-super-bowl-liv-chiefs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RQ872hWWTqg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TripleThreat
02-04-2020, 01:47 AM
Frank Clark is a pimp if he truly went out there and said that.

New World Order
02-04-2020, 01:53 AM
I love Frank Clark

Coochie liquor
02-04-2020, 05:08 AM
Clark has more swagger and fight in him than Houston and Ford combined.

threebag
02-04-2020, 05:45 AM
Frank Clark mic’d up whole game > Aikman and Buck play by play

Tribal Warfare
02-04-2020, 06:04 AM
21:36 mark my reply: *cough* Bob Hayes*cough*