PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Veach interview on Rich Eisen Show

CupidStunt
02-04-2020, 05:59 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EvOTE0ZqCa8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fascinating listen. He starts talking about the drafting of Pat around 5:20 which is great. Talks about how they were nervous after the Bears took Trub (THANKS BEARS) that there'd be a run on QBs and they couldn't higher than 10.

CupidStunt
02-04-2020, 06:03 AM
9:50 - talks about the 2am McDonalds runs he was doing as Andy's PA way back when in Philly. LMAO

Rasputin
02-04-2020, 06:14 AM
He said something like 'Everyone wanted to win the Lombardi for Andy Reid but Andy Reid wanted to win the Lombardi for everyone else'. That's a hell of a man in Andy Reid to want that for us. Tearing up . Everything is so special.

PhillyChiefFan
02-04-2020, 06:31 AM
He said something like 'Everyone wanted to win the Lombardi for Andy Reid but Andy Reid wanted to win the Lombardi for everyone else'. That's a hell of a man in Andy Reid to want that for us. Tearing up . Everything is so special.

Yea I think that pretty much summed it up perfectly. I live in central Pa and every Eagles fan I know wanted him to win it.

Also loved Kelce saying that he’s married to this team for life in his post game interview!

Naptown Chief
02-04-2020, 07:12 AM
Yea I think that pretty much summed it up perfectly. I live in central Pa and every Eagles fan I know wanted him to win it.

Also loved Kelce saying that he’s married to this team for life in his post game interview!

I have a few friends that have been lifelong Eagles fans and they were absolutely ecstatic for Andy. I was surrounded by Redskins and Ravens fans on Sunday and they were cheering (nearly) as enthusiastically as I was during the comeback. It's amazing how well Andy is loved throughout the league and by fans everywhere

Naptown Chief
02-04-2020, 07:13 AM
Thanks for posting the video CS.. Was a good listen.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Doesn’t sound like a guy who is ready to let Chris Jones go.

I’ve read some stuff that they may tack on a year to Mathieu’s contract in order to create cap space this year.

chiefzilla1501
02-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Lynch did a great job with the 49ers. But veach not getting exec of the year was a huge miss. The 49ers is a team 3 years in the making. Veach reinvented the defense entirely overnight. Also while the 49ers faced no adversity, consider that veach had a huge crisis at qb, run defense, and multiple OL injuries. He not only fixed those problems, he found upgrades mid-season. That's absurd. Matt Moore was probably better than Henne. Rankin and wisnewski better than Wylie. Pennel better than Xavier Williams. Suggs better than okafor.

RedRaider56
02-04-2020, 10:18 AM
Watched the interview last night and was really impressed by Veach. Man, he worked his way up the ladder. Nothing handed to him at all.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2020, 10:20 AM
Veach parties hard! Doesn’t even remember last night

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2020, 10:21 AM
Lynch did a great job with the 49ers. But veach not getting exec of the year was a huge miss. The 49ers is a team 3 years in the making. Veach reinvented the defense entirely overnight. Also while the 49ers faced no adversity, consider that veach had a huge crisis at qb, run defense, and multiple OL injuries. He not only fixed those problems, he found upgrades mid-season. That's absurd. Matt Moore was probably better than Henne. Rankin and wisnewski better than Wylie. Pennel better than Xavier Williams. Suggs better than okafor.

Eh the Suggs nah. Okafor was clearly better

Halfcan
02-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Best GM in the NFL!

wisconsinchief
02-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Eisen is right, this is just the beginning. We gotta keep the band together!

SAUTO
02-04-2020, 11:15 AM
Doesn’t sound like a guy who is ready to let Chris Jones go.

I’ve read some stuff that they may tack on a year to Mathieu’s contract in order to create cap space this year.

jones said himself that he reported last year after veach told him the deal would get done, we'll see

Pitt Gorilla
02-04-2020, 11:25 AM
Damn, crying again.

comochiefsfan
02-04-2020, 11:30 AM
Jones was hyping up Veach after the game IIRC.

I’m thinking there’s gotta be some sort of verbal agreement in place.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Jones was hyping up Veach after the game IIRC.

I’m thinking there’s gotta be some sort of verbal agreement in place.

Exactly! Called him the best GM in the game. Probably told him at training camp hey Chris ball out this year and we will pay you and boy did he ever!!! Mahomes is not priority number 1 since he has 2 years left. Jones should be priority number 1

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-04-2020, 11:50 AM
Eisen just had Kelce on. It's a wonderful listen also.

CupidStunt
02-04-2020, 12:01 PM
Exactly! Called him the best GM in the game. Probably told him at training camp hey Chris ball out this year and we will pay you and boy did he ever!!! Mahomes is not priority number 1 since he has 2 years left. Jones should be priority number 1

You simply cannot have the most generational player the league has seen in decades, maybe ever, defending our Super Bowl Championship for $3m/year.

In terms of actual dollars, he'll be earning less than Brian Hoyer and Trubisky; half as much as Tyrod Taylor; over 5 times less than Andy Dalton; almost 7 times less than Joe Flacco; over 8 times less than Jimmy G (:LOL:), over TEN TIMES LESS than Cousins and Goff, and, last but not least, OVER FOURTEEN TIMES LESS than Carson Wentz.

Obviously this is nothing but some bad contracts from bad teams and extensions done before Pat's that his contract will soon dwarf, but the point is that you simply can't have that. You just can't. Our locker room is beyond special; it won't be that way if Pat isn't rewarded.

Luckily, he will be. 0% chance he isn't.

JohnnyHammersticks
02-04-2020, 12:13 PM
This winning the Super Bowl thing....

...is everything I thought/hoped/dreamed it would be. And then some. Just spectacular.

Bewbies
02-04-2020, 01:04 PM
This winning the Super Bowl thing....

...is everything I thought/hoped/dreamed it would be. And then some. Just spectacular.

Fact check, confirmed.

FloridaMan88
02-04-2020, 01:30 PM
Refreshing to have a GM who seems like a genuinely nice dude after some of the previous dick GM’s this franchise has employed.

The Franchise
02-04-2020, 01:35 PM
Refreshing to have a GM who seems like a genuinely nice dude after some of the previous dick GM’s this franchise has employed.

This.

Dude seems like a guy that would sit down and bullshit with you if you went up and talked to him.

Buehler445
02-04-2020, 02:21 PM
Eisen just had Kelce on. It's a wonderful listen also.

Listen to the Kelce one. He says his normally hilarious shit. But when he starts talking about Reid and then Jimmy Johnson’s speech it hits you in the feels man.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2020, 02:22 PM
This.

Dude seems like a guy that would sit down and bullshit with you if you went up and talked to him.

I mean Veach said he partied too much that he doesn’t remember the night after the super bowl. He’s afraid their are pics somewhere similar to the hangover lol

SAUTO
02-04-2020, 02:23 PM
This.

this is exactly what jones said about him, he also said they all call him coach veach (and pat actually called him that on the podium sunday night LMAO)

Third Eye
02-04-2020, 03:23 PM

Did you hear the interview Steven St. John did with Pioli in the run up to the Super Bowl? I was completely blown away. Dude sounded humble and personable and talked about how his biggest regret is that he couldn’t get it done for Clark and the Hunt family in general. I don’t know what I expected, but it wasn’t that. I guess when you despise somebody so much, you just expect a certain amount of villainy or something.

Bill Brasky
02-04-2020, 03:32 PM
Watched the interview last night and was really impressed by Veach. Man, he worked his way up the ladder. Nothing handed to him at all.

Huge respect there. I had no idea he started as an intern and personal assistant to Andy. Now it makes a lot more sense why Hunt chose to keep him. Obvious Reid influence on that decision.

As an aside, how long has Rich been doing his show? I've seen several good interviews of his this week, and hadn't seen anything of his before. Does he have other good content?

DRM08
02-04-2020, 03:34 PM
You simply cannot have the most generational player the league has seen in decades, maybe ever, defending our Super Bowl Championship for $3m/year.

In terms of actual dollars, he'll be earning less than Brian Hoyer and Trubisky; half as much as Tyrod Taylor; over 5 times less than Andy Dalton; almost 7 times less than Joe Flacco; over 8 times less than Jimmy G (:LOL:), over TEN TIMES LESS than Cousins and Goff, and, last but not least, OVER FOURTEEN TIMES LESS than Carson Wentz.

Obviously this is nothing but some bad contracts from bad teams and extensions done before Pat's that his contract will soon dwarf, but the point is that you simply can't have that. You just can't. Our locker room is beyond special; it won't be that way if Pat isn't rewarded.

Luckily, he will be. 0% chance he isn't.

I think you take advantage of that rookie contract as long as possible.

Rasputin
02-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Best GM in the NFL!

He is young too , youngest i believe he is going set us up for success for a long time. He will be on the CROH with a hell of a legacy .

Bill Brasky
02-04-2020, 03:48 PM
I think you take advantage of that rookie contract as long as possible.

It seems like an obvious move to take Pat's option year to keep the team together as long as possible, however I've been reading a lot that the new CBA will be a negative for our cap number because the FO will need to pay more than if we did a deal this off season. Basically we do a new contract this year, and the overall cap hit will be less, or put it off one more season to keep as many players as possible which will be a larger cap hit over the long term.

Is there any truth to this or do you guys think we pick up the option?

arrwheader
02-04-2020, 04:19 PM
It seems like an obvious move to take Pat's option year to keep the team together as long as possible, however I've been reading a lot that the new CBA will be a negative for our cap number because the FO will need to pay more than if we did a deal this off season. Basically we do a new contract this year, and the overall cap hit will be less, or put it off one more season to keep as many players as possible which will be a larger cap hit over the long term.

Is there any truth to this or do you guys think we pick up the option?

My thoughts:

I think Pat is going to want to wait for the new CBA because it will benefit him in the long run. I think the Chiefs don't mind because they get another cheap year. I Think they have this worked out verbally and no ones really worried about it. Either way Pat is getting PAID and he will be a Chief for the long haul. I personally don't care if they gave him half the cap, he's the best and he's a Chief. Deserves to be the highest paid QB ever. Dudes just awesome all around has no flaws in his character and little if any in his game. Brought us a championship, will probably bring us more.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2020, 04:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">GOAT’D <a href="https://t.co/mj6x58rj26">pic.twitter.com/mj6x58rj26</a></p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1224818993078374400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefsFanatic
02-04-2020, 07:11 PM
Refreshing to have a GM who seems like a genuinely nice dude after some of the previous dick GM’s this franchise has employed.I would love to take a pic of the Super Bowl confetti in the stairwell at Arrowhead, and send that pick to that POS Pioli

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

ChiefRocka
02-04-2020, 07:54 PM
CJ is our Wilfork equivalent. Lock him up.

Peter Gibbons
02-04-2020, 07:55 PM
Veach’s acting on the “Randy Reid” piece was spectacular. I realize then how cool he was and how lucky we were to have him.

T-post Tom
02-04-2020, 08:01 PM
For us old timers, this is so refreshing in many different ways. Can you imagine Carl Peterson and his ego on that stage at the Super Bowl? It would’ve been a narcissistic nightmare.