PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Travis Kelce: Headed to Canton?

comochiefsfan
02-04-2020, 04:13 PM
With winning a Super Bowl now on his resume, has Kelce done enough to be a Hall of Famer?

5x Pro bowler
2x First team all pro
2x Second team all pro
Super Bowl LIV Champion

Compare that to Jason Witten who everybody thinks is going to be in.

11x pro bowler
2x First team all pro
2x Second team all pro
But no ring.

Kelce is almost certainly good for 3-4 more pro bowl caliber seasons.

Would 8-9 pro bowls plus the above accolades be enough to put him in Canton someday?

BWillie
02-04-2020, 04:14 PM
Guaranteed

TLO
02-04-2020, 04:14 PM
As of now?

Maybe.

By the end of his career?

Absolutely.

DRM08
02-04-2020, 04:15 PM
Now that he has a ring, I think he’s locked for it.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2020, 04:16 PM
Mahomes, Kelce and Tyreek are all headed to Canton.

Schwartz too.

smithandrew051
02-04-2020, 04:17 PM
He’ll be in an Andy Reid-Patrick Mahomes offense for the rest of his career.

The numbers and rings will be there.

It’s only a matter of how high he’ll rank all time amongst tight ends.

comochiefsfan
02-04-2020, 04:19 PM

Schwartz too.

So off this team, who do we think are hall of famers?

Reid is a lock.

Mahomes and Kelce are guys who just need to keep their level of play consistent for a few more years and they'll be in.

I haven't thought about Tyreek, but 5 or so more really good seasons should make him a serious contender.

Feel like Schwartz is a guy who should get in but just never got the career recognition that he deserved. Will probably be snubbed accordingly.

digger
02-04-2020, 04:19 PM
Once you put a ring on it everything changes, works for sports too :D

Mecca
02-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Kelce is probably a lock, he just put up back to back 1200 yard seasons, if you expect him to age well and put him several more good years then he's a certainty.

The Franchise
02-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Yep

smithandrew051
02-04-2020, 04:30 PM

Reid is a lock.

Mahomes and Kelce are guys who just need to keep their level of play consistent for a few more years and they'll be in.

I haven't thought about Tyreek, but 5 or so more really good seasons should make him a serious contender.

Feel like Schwartz is a guy who should get in but just never got the career recognition that he deserved. Will probably be snubbed accordingly.

Locks:
Reid
Mahomes
Kelce
Suggs

Maybe: Jones, Clark, and/or Hill

We’ve seen a lot of guys fizzle out after a few really good years. It’s really hard to stay elite for 8-10 years.

comochiefsfan
02-04-2020, 04:33 PM
Locks:
Reid
Mahomes
Kelce
Suggs

We’ve seen a lot of guys fizzle out after a few really good years. It’s really hard to stay elite for 8-10 years.

Forgot about Suggs. Good call.

Mecca
02-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Kelce is currently at 507-6,465-37
Post season is 52-632-6

You add in his all pros, consecutive yardage marks, SB win etc etc, unless his career really falls off he's a lock.

Easy 6
02-04-2020, 04:36 PM
He’s a lock now, another 3-5 years makes him shoe-in first ballot

Frazod
02-04-2020, 04:38 PM
I really hope Suggs comes back next year.

smithandrew051
02-04-2020, 04:38 PM
He’s a lock now, another 3-5 years makes him shoe-in first ballot

First ballot might be tough, but he’ll make it. Depends who else is on the ballot.

FlaChief58
02-04-2020, 04:39 PM
First ballot/thread

Mecca
Also for the Witten comparison, he'll get in for longevity, he's played 16 years. For Kelce to match that he'd have to play 10 more years.

RealSNR
If Terrell Davis and his 4-year fucking career can get into the hall, then so can Kelce.

Such fucking horseshit that turd is in the HOF :shake:

Bump
02-04-2020, 04:41 PM
Definitely a Hall of Famer now. I wonder what his overall playoff stats are, I bet it's pretty decent too.

Plus he's going to continue to be productive for years to come. Even when he's older, I bet he'll still be producing 500+ yards every season. And that will all add to his stats and nobody will even question whether or not he's a first ballot guy.

notorious
02-04-2020, 04:41 PM
We are going to be seeing a lot of Chiefs in the booth and shows in about 10-15 years.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Kelce has matured before our very eyes and he’s also somehow stayed healthy

St. Patty's Fire
02-04-2020, 04:44 PM
2x All pro, 1x SB champ (where he was mostly dominant during the run), only TE with 4 1000 yd + seasons in a row.

Ya, he’s a HOFer right now.

Mecca
02-04-2020, 04:46 PM
Definitely a Hall of Famer now. I wonder what his overall playoff stats are, I bet it's pretty decent too.

Plus he's going to continue to be productive for years to come. Even when he's older, I bet he'll still be producing 500+ yards every season. And that will all add to his stats and nobody will even question whether or not he's a first ballot guy.

I posted it....

comochiefsfan
02-04-2020, 04:46 PM
Kelce has matured before our very eyes and he’s also somehow stayed healthy

Never would've guessed he'd be a hall of famer a few years ago. There were some games with his antics that I thought that Andy and ownership would eventually get fed up and send him the way of Marcus Peters.

He's shown incredible maturity these last several seasons and has blossomed into a true team leader.

This sounds corny coming from a fan, but i'm proud of the dude. He's a Chiefs legend, likely going to the hall of fame, and I hope he's a familiar face around Arrowhead long after he's retired.

What a career arc and story Travis Kelce's had.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2020, 04:47 PM
I swear tho.... pat and Kelce need to propose to their significant others this offseason. We need to make sure we have Patrick JR as our QB once Mahomes steps away

comochiefsfan
02-04-2020, 04:47 PM
We are going to be seeing a lot of Chiefs in the booth and shows in about 10-15 years.

Kelce is made for TV. He and his brother should get a radio show together on NFL Network or something after they retire.

notorious
02-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Kelce is made for TV. He and his brother should get a radio show together on NFL Network or something after they retire.

He has a switch he can flip instantly. The interviews at the booth after the game were well polished yet entertaining. The interviews on the field on the fly were......colorful. :D

Shoes
02-04-2020, 05:02 PM
The argument could be made that Travis Kelce's career trajectory not only has him on the road to Canton but on the path of the greatest tight end in NFL history. Take a look at the NFL 100 list of tight ends:

Mike Ditka
Tony Gonzalez (probably #1 at TE on most lists)
Kellen Winslow
Rob Gronkowski
John Mackey

All comes down to injuries and longevity.

Mecca
02-04-2020, 05:06 PM
The biggest thing killing Kelce in that debate is the TD numbers, his reception and yardage numbers are great but the TD's are much lower than all the other "HOF" TEs.

ThaVirus
02-04-2020, 05:29 PM

Schwartz too.

Tyreek and Schwartz, meh.

Schwartz doesn't get the recognition he deserves now. Unless the public does a complete 180 on him he'll just continue to fly under the radar. Tyreek is a HOF talent but I don't think he's got the stats and with his strength being his speed, his game isn't likely to translate quite as well into his late 20s, early 30s.

jjchieffan
02-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Locks:
Reid
Mahomes
Kelce
Suggs

I agree with this list. But if we're going off of maybe if they can keep up their level of play, I would add in Mathieu. He's not there yet by any means. But the level he was playing on this season was on par with some of the best. If he can do that for the next 5 years, and add another ring or 2, I think that he would have to be in the conversation.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-04-2020, 05:47 PM
Mathieu won’t get into the HOF sadly. He’s been hurt a lot

GloucesterChief
02-04-2020, 06:03 PM
Tyreek and Schwartz, meh.

Schwartz doesn't get the recognition he deserves now. Unless the public does a complete 180 on him he'll just continue to fly under the radar. Tyreek is a HOF talent but I don't think he's got the stats and with his strength being his speed, his game isn't likely to translate quite as well into his late 20s, early 30s.

If he becomes Steve Smith 2.0 he will certainly be.

RunKC
02-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Kelce is currently at 507-6,465-37
Post season is 52-632-6

You add in his all pros, consecutive yardage marks, SB win etc etc, unless his career really falls off he's a lock.

For reference, Kelce is only 6 TD’s away from Gronk’s postseason TD count and 7 from being top 5 all time.

He has had FIVE postseason TD’s in 2 years with Pat. He’s going to easily get that record if he keeps playing (injury free) for 3 or so more years.

notorious
02-04-2020, 06:14 PM
For reference, Kelce is only 6 TD’s away from Gronk’s postseason TD count and 7 from being top 5 all time.

He has had FIVE postseason TD’s in 2 years with Pat. He’s going to easily get that record if he keeps playing (injury free) for 3 or so more years.

Is that for all receivers or just TE's.

It has to be for all receivers, just checking.

Bl00dyBizkitz
02-04-2020, 06:16 PM
As long as he plays for Pat and Andy, he's a shoe-in.

Rasputin
02-04-2020, 06:20 PM
I think his Eagle brother should come play for us and block for Mahomes.

those brothers would wreak havoc together in and out of the locker room

Maybe notsomuch a good idea :hmmm: ROFL

mnchiefsguy
02-04-2020, 06:43 PM
Fuck yes. First Ballot.

TwistedChief
02-04-2020, 06:44 PM
If he retired today, super cuspy. One more season with 1k yards and he's a lock.

AussieChiefsFan
02-04-2020, 06:51 PM
If he's healthy for the rest of his career he's a shoe in

carcosa
02-05-2020, 12:13 AM
Yes

Ming the Merciless
02-05-2020, 12:16 AM
For sure.

YontsRBake
02-05-2020, 12:24 AM
I think he'll be the GOAT by the time he retires in 5-6 years.

comochiefsfan
02-05-2020, 12:26 AM
I think he'll be the GOAT by the time he retires in 5-6 years.

I don't know if the fragile egos of insecure Patriots fans could handle a GOAT Tight End conversation along with a GOAT Quarterback conversation.

DRM08
02-05-2020, 12:41 AM
With Tyreek's strength being his speed, his game isn't likely to translate quite as well into his late 20s, early 30s.

DeSean Jackson is still one of the fastest guys in the league and he's old now. The big question will be health for Tyreek.

frozenchief
02-05-2020, 12:41 AM
Kelce has made a super strong case. Another 1-2 years pretty much cements him.

Mahomes? Needs longevity. He has another 3 years like the last 2, he’ll be a lock. Between now and then, he’ll get some votes. Enough for HOF? I don’t know. He plays another 10 and he’s first ballot.

Reid is in. He shrugged off the “Cant win the big one label.” He has a better record than Cowher.

Suggs yes, but most of his career was in BAL.

Schwartz? Maybe. HOF voters will pay more attentIon than Pro Bowlers.

Hill? Needs a few more years. So do many players. They’ve got what it takes. They just need to show that they can do it for several years. Jones does another 6-8 years and he’s got a HOF career. If Matthieu stays here another several years and gets 2 more rings, he could be in.

RunKC
02-05-2020, 01:13 AM
Is that for all receivers or just TE's.

It has to be for all receivers, just checking.

Yes it’s for everyone. It’s hard to believe that Jerry Rice is #1 with 22.

Dante84
02-05-2020, 04:09 AM
All these guys will have at least 3 rings when it’s all said and done. We are unstoppable right now.

Tribal Warfare
02-05-2020, 06:05 AM
Has enough of resume with all things considered even though he'd be on the lower end of the spectrum

Eleazar
02-05-2020, 07:03 AM
5 more years of similar production and yes.

tatorhog
02-05-2020, 10:22 AM

Reid is a lock.

Agree on Reid and Mahomes. Mahomes as of right now, probably not. But even a short Warner-like career makes him first ballot with what he's done so far.

I think pass catchers are going to get held to a new standard though, as the pass inflated league continues. Kelce has a strong chance being a TE, but he's going to need more years to prove it. And he's going to need to accumulate a ton of stats over the long haul. That just seems to be the trend of modern players.

Tyreek is in the same boat, but as WR he will need to at the very least be top 10 all time in receiving yards to get consideration. The new rules definitely skew stats going forward, IMO.

Schwartz is a hell of a player, but if Boselli isn't in yet, that's not a good sign for him going in. The All[Pro snubs are going to be what the voters will look at when evaluating him 5 years after he retires. He might end up being one of those guys that goes in way later on a senior ballot.

Basileus777
02-05-2020, 10:46 AM
There isn't any reason to expect Hill to get into the HOF. The numbers just aren't there.

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2020, 10:50 AM
Man, his dad hugging him after the super bowl and talking about how Travis is so underappreciated just completely hit me in the feels. He is easily on a path to canton.

And he's my second favorite next to mahomes. This guy gets beat the hell up on every single possession and doesn't complain about it. But you can see it in his eyes that it wears on him. It's still surprising to me how much defenses get away with it.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-05-2020, 01:05 PM
If we win 2, 3 or even more superbowls… There will be a lot that get in to the HOF because of the success... See Raiders, Cowboys, Niners and Pats....

Megatron96
02-05-2020, 01:45 PM
Though SB rings don't usually dictate whether TEs get in, Kelce had a good SB performance, and along with his career numbers, he's probably in. A couple more 1000+ yard seasons, a couple more pro-bowl selections, All-Pros, and he's a lock.

oldman
02-05-2020, 01:54 PM
Yes, he's Canton bound. I'll agree he probably needs 2-3 more 1K yard seasons to be a 1st ballot guy, though.