Baby Lee
02-05-2020, 05:33 PM

SuperBowl4
02-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Glad he got to see the CHIEFS win another Super Bowl

Baby Lee
02-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Glad he got to see the CHIEFS win another Super Bowl

More than once I wondered if he was actually going to live forever. Seems like a generation since he suffered his stroke, and it hadn't even really slowed him down.

Halfcan
02-05-2020, 05:37 PM
One of the all-time greats. Never had a poor acting performance. He was an old school Hollywood elite and one of the greatest actors ever. RIP.

stevieray
02-05-2020, 05:44 PM
RIP

His delivery describing hanging to Earl Holliman in Last Train from Gun Hill is brutally fantastic.

DRM08
02-05-2020, 05:44 PM
103 is a hell of a run. RIP to a legend!

SuperBowl4
02-05-2020, 05:46 PM
Kirk Douglas was the son of a hard-drinking Jewish immigrant ragman and junk collector according to the Arizona Jewish Post

38yrsfan
02-05-2020, 05:48 PM
He was a unique person. RIP.

TinyEvel
02-05-2020, 05:50 PM
dang. RIP.

He was in that 1986 movie TOUGH GUYS where he and Burt Lancaster play old train robbers who get out of prison.

I remember thinking he held up well.

mlyonsd
02-05-2020, 05:53 PM
Was nominated for an Oscar three times but never won. He was given a lifetime achievement Oscar though.

RIP. I don't think there is any movie he ever made I wouldn't watch multiple times.

WhawhaWhat
02-05-2020, 05:55 PM
Old story from 7-8 years ago.

[This story] concerns one of the biggest male stars ever, and one of the most beloved female stars to ever live…

One day she was invited to meet with this movie star about an upcoming major role. This man was a legend already, and was very powerful. … Thinking [s]he herself was powerful and savvy, she accepted the invite. In his hotel room. She never saw it coming.

Without even discussing the film, this actor — drunk already — began making a pass at her. She politely declined, and excused herself. He wouldn't have it. He literally threw her down, slapped the hell out of her, and ripped her clothes off. He shouted obscenities at her, continually punched and held her arms so tight he left scars and bruises.

He raped her repeatedly, spitting on her, and did permanent damage to her body. She was bleeding everywhere, with a battered face. She passed out. When she came to, the actor was still in the room gloating, and told her to come see him tomorrow night and he might give her the role. He laughed at her as she fell down, her legs so wobbly and weak. She gathered her torn clothes, and tried to walk out of the hotel and to her car - blood and semen running down her legs and bruises already forming on her face.

She could barely make it back home in her car. She wanted to kill herself, so ashamed of what happened. The damage to her psyche was permanent, and haunted her forever.

…Her mom said she must have made the actor mad and offended him. They called a doctor, who took her to the hospital secretly to have her treated… The studio knew, and did nothing. After all, the star actor was a money machine. … She grew into an amazing woman with a legendary career. But she never forgot, or forgave, and never got over what happened.

She never named the star actor publicly, but her friends and family knew the truth. Even after marriage and kids, if she saw this actor anywhere - she would almost convulse and cry. And worst of all, Hollywood and the world continued to honor him, pay him, and treat him like a king.

Today, he's still alive and barely holding on. But those who know the truth are still hoping and praying he will rot in hell for eternity. That all his good deeds and donations will never mask the truth…

So when the time comes, and the now 95-year -ld Kirk Douglas, the superstar actor, finally dies, there will be tributes and honors about him. Just remember that he is a monster who never repented, apologized, nor showed any sorrow for destroying the lives of others. Especially the life of that young beloved actress named Natalie Wood.

eDave
02-05-2020, 05:55 PM
He was great in Wall Street. RIP.

stevieray
02-05-2020, 05:57 PM
He was great in Wall Street. RIP.

Michael Douglas as Gordon Gecko?

Was Kirk in it too?

Easy 6
02-05-2020, 06:00 PM
One of the all-time greats. Never had a poor acting performance. He was an old school Hollywood elite and one of the greatest actors ever. RIP.

Only in America

RIP, Kirk

jjchieffan
02-05-2020, 06:28 PM
Spartacus!

2bikemike
02-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Great Actor, sure did live a long life! RIP Kirk

seclark
02-05-2020, 06:50 PM
Rip
sec

Deberg_1990
02-05-2020, 07:06 PM
RIP.

One of the Giants

I am Spartacus!

MahiMike
02-05-2020, 07:19 PM
49er fans dropping like flies.

RIP

Baby Lee
02-05-2020, 08:57 PM
Old story from 7-8 years ago.

Supposedly related by RDJ under a pseudonym on CD&N

Natalie's daughter, Natasha Wagner on the right

https://images.gawker.com/17gkoyuhviea7jpg/original.jpg

Subsequently, RDJ's representation denied being the source.

And FTR, Natalie herself publicly alleged the abuse, but never publicly levelled an accusation at a specific person.

jerryaldini
02-05-2020, 09:22 PM
Now there's an incentive to include some annuity in your retirement plan. Wow. I'm thinking I want to be done by about 75 if I make it that far. Mahomes will be retired by then. RIP.

scho63
02-06-2020, 12:04 AM
Spartacus picked a bad day to die......

BigRedChief
02-06-2020, 09:31 AM
Is that rape story true? Did Natlie ever confirm that publicly?

Baby Lee
02-06-2020, 06:07 PM
Is that rape story true? Did Natlie ever confirm that publicly?

I covered most of it above, but it remains murky.

Natalie confirmed that an attack happened, but never named an attacker publicly.
Numerous close confidants publicly asserted that she; named him privately, would tremble at mention of him for the rest of her life, and would avoid events where he was known to attend.
Further on the periphery, someone with close ties to Natalie's daughter make a public but anonymous accusation on a Hollywood gossip blog back in 2012. Asserted a lot of details, including details to indicate that the anonymous poster was knowledgeable.
Some thought that RDJ was the person asserting this, but his representation subsequently denied, ostensibly on his behalf.

Randallflagg
02-06-2020, 06:28 PM
I AM SPARTACUS!!

:fire:

srvy
02-06-2020, 07:25 PM
I liked Kirks westerns more than any of his movies other than Spartacus. The War Wagon with the Duke is still a favorite of mine. Goodbye to a Hollywood old guard icon. If what was said early in the thread is true my belief is he will pay for that sin.