PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So how many new plays did we see from Andy Reid in Super Bowl LIV?

Megatron96
02-05-2020, 06:21 PM
I was so focused on just watching the game I didn't really pay attention to the actual plays most of the time, except of course for the "Rose Bowl" play.

So did any one else notice and happen to count how many new plays we saw in the game?

R Clark
02-05-2020, 06:49 PM
I guess they didn’t megatron ,but I’d be interested to know the answer.

ModSocks
02-05-2020, 06:51 PM
With out seeing the All-22 and having an in-depth encyclopedia of Reid's plays it's a damn near impossible question to answer.

MahiMike
02-05-2020, 06:55 PM

3 is the answer. Just like # of licks in a tootsie pop.

Wallcrawler
02-05-2020, 06:56 PM
The 3rd and 14 "I SURRENDER" screen in the first half was certainly new. Probably would be okay if we never ran the "I SURRENDER" again.

seclark
02-05-2020, 06:58 PM
That one where they rubbed their taint in face of those losers that posed in the end zone before the game was over.
sec

BWillie
02-05-2020, 07:03 PM
First drive was pretty sad. We ran no routes further than 5 to 7 yards. Loved the 4th down plays and going for it. Id like to think had Williams not got in we would have went for it.

Hammock Parties
02-05-2020, 07:06 PM
First drive was pretty sad. We ran no routes further than 5 to 7 yards.

you have no idea how to attack a defense like SF's

TimeForWasp
02-05-2020, 09:51 PM
2 The Tyreek bomb and the backfield spinning direct snap.

Megatron96
02-07-2020, 02:28 PM
2 The Tyreek bomb and the backfield spinning direct snap.

The Tyreek play "Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp" isn't new; they've run it several times this year. Usually from the other side though.

We actually ran quite a few QB options, which weren't a part of the offense this season.

The one I'm pretty sure is basically a new play was the one to Watkins on the Wheel-Go route. Though it is similar looking to the wheel route that Tyreek ran against DEN after Pat got hurt.

smithandrew051
02-07-2020, 02:38 PM
First drive was pretty sad. We ran no routes further than 5 to 7 yards. Loved the 4th down plays and going for it. Id like to think had Williams not got in we would have went for it.

I may be incorrect, but didn’t Mahomes just miss Williams on third down? And if I remember correctly, Williams pretty much just had a linebacker to beat. It could’ve been a huge gain.

ptlyon
02-07-2020, 02:42 PM
That one where they rubbed their taint in face of those losers that posed in the end zone before the game was over.
sec

I love to see sec fired up

eDave
02-07-2020, 02:42 PM

Q1 is always exploratory and sets up later shit.

Chargem
02-07-2020, 02:45 PM
I may be incorrect, but didn’t Mahomes just miss Williams on third down? And if I remember correctly, Williams pretty much just had a linebacker to beat. It could’ve been a huge gain.

Correct. 2nd down tried a screen to the left and Bosa tipped it, 3rd down tried a swing pass to the right and completely missed Williams.

BWillie
02-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Q1 is always exploratory and sets up later shit.

Agreed. I'm sure that is what they were doing. Just my observation. We tend to play a little more conservative than some teams do at the start of the game.

Megatron96
02-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Correct. 2nd down tried a screen to the left and Bosa tipped it, 3rd down tried a swing pass to the right and completely missed Williams.

Both plays looked eerily similar to plays the Packers ran against us earlier this year.

Chargem
02-07-2020, 03:45 PM
In terms of new plays, obviously the spin move one was brand new. I can't remember how much option stuff we have seen, I think some of that must have been new?

I wouldn't be surprised if both the touchdown passes were new plays. The Kelce TD, maybe they ran that before and it didn't work, or it was new. The Williams TD, they ran the double crossing motion that had been a little flip pass to Hill before, I think it was set up to look the same but the pass to Williams was a new wrinkle.

RedRaider56
02-07-2020, 04:04 PM

If he had hit williams, williams would have been dropped at the spot. Niners were all over that play

In the Mic'd up video, Mahomes came off the field and told Reid that he gave up on Watkins route too early on that play. Should have stuck with it. .

Great Expectations
02-07-2020, 04:18 PM
If he had hit williams, williams would have been dropped at the spot. Niners were all over that play

In the Mic'd up video, Mahomes came off the field and told Reid that he gave up on Watkins route too early on that play. Should have stuck with it. .

And Tyreek was also open on the rub route. Their pass rush definitely influenced the game.