PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's finally sinking in....Most Spectacular Playoff Run In History

petegz28
02-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Now that all the adrenaline and anxiety and disbelief have worn off it is finally sinking in that we actually won the Super Bowl. But we didn't just win the Super Bowl. This has to be one of the most exciting wins in Super Bowl history.

I would love to have seen us boat race these ****ers and I think we could have. But for whatever reason we didn't. Credit the SF defense and what not. The way we had to win will forever make this just that much more special.

All season long we heard about how Lamar Jackson and DeShaun Watson would "will their team to win". I won't say it was just Patrick but mother ****er, if we didn't have this kid you have to think the rest of the team doesn't take it that 1/2 notch extra.

The surprising part of this season is we found our Mahomes on the defensive side of the ball in the Honey Badger.

This team is ****ing special. You just don't do what we did. It just doesn't happen which is why it has never happened, EVER!

IT'S OURS! WE OWN THE MOST SPECTACULAR PLAYOFF RUN IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, BITCH!

Hammock Parties
02-05-2020, 08:03 PM
Won't sniff the hall of classics

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:05 PM

Dude, I will forever enjoy eating my crow with a little Hunt's ketchup. No problems here.

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:07 PM

On another note, I tried telling you that you need to get busy on the Bruce Lee-Mahomes shit because that boy has "the glow". I expect nothing less than a top-notch production from you.

Hammock Parties
02-05-2020, 08:08 PM
On another note, I tried telling you that you need to get busy on the Bruce Lee-Mahomes shit because that boy has "the glow". I expect nothing less than a top-notch production from you.

no one cares about that movie

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:10 PM
no one cares about that movie

Don't be a bitter bitch. Everyone loved that movie...Sho Nuff!

JohnnyHammersticks
02-05-2020, 08:10 PM
Now that all the adrenaline and anxiety and disbelief have worn off it is finally sinking in that we actually won the Super Bowl....

I'm not to this point yet. I feel like the game ended 5 minutes ago. I still have adrenaline, anxiety, and disbelief. And a huge shit-eating grin on my face.

Hammock Parties
02-05-2020, 08:11 PM
Don't be a bitter bitch. Everyone loved that movie...Sho Nuff!

only people over 50

Pasta Little Brioni
02-05-2020, 08:11 PM
But they won't "sniff" the playoffs

Hammock Parties
02-05-2020, 08:12 PM
I'm not to this point yet. I feel like the game ended 5 minutes ago. I still have adrenaline, anxiety, and disbelief. And a huge shit-eating grin on my face.

i still can't wrap my head around it

i'm disappointed i'm not a sobbing mess 24/7

but i knew this would happen - it's about the journey, not the destination

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:12 PM

I've watched it an the highlights probably 20 times so far and I still just can't get over the fact that we actually won that. I think everyone was down after the 2nd INT but I also think everyone knew that if the defense could just get a stop or two we had a good shot.

I was at a watch party and I said after the 2nd int if we hold them to a quick FG or less we are going to win.

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:13 PM

Yeah, we've been there already....thanks for showing up late

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:14 PM
only people over 50

Well I am not over 50 so you suck

JohnnyHammersticks
02-05-2020, 08:15 PM
i still can't wrap my head around it

i'm disappointed i'm not a sobbing mess 24/7

but i knew this would happen - it's about the journey, not the destination

Almost makes you feel sorry for the people who don't have decades under their belts. I've got 4.5 of them under mine and knowing how they made this feel - I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-05-2020, 08:17 PM
This playoff run started last year. Dee ford is an asshole!

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:18 PM

Hard to imagine we were literally inches away from back-back Super Bowl appearances........

Bright side is it got Sutton fired, or at least helped

MeaTy The Pimp
02-05-2020, 08:27 PM
Bright side is it got Sutton fired, or at least helped

...and our defense won't have to go through growing pains for the first half of next season. They should pick up right where we left off, kicking ass.

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:29 PM
...and our defense won't have to go through growing pains for the first half of next season. They should pick up right where we left off, kicking ass.

I expect the D to just get better from here on out. Especially if Jones doesn't fight the tag. We need LB help but you gotta be careful. We got a good thing going so you don't wanna fuck up the chemistry. But we need LB help. And if Breeland and Fuller don't return we got issues.

Pitt Gorilla
02-05-2020, 08:32 PM

Were there actually dumber takes or was that the worst?

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:36 PM

Try not to enjoy the win, asshole

Pasta Little Brioni
02-05-2020, 08:40 PM

The Clark thread exists sadly too....

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:41 PM

Then again, so do you....

Pitt Gorilla
02-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Try not to enjoy the win, asshole
I’m loving every minute of it. You, OTOH, clearly didn’t enjoy the journey.

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:54 PM
I’m loving every minute of it. You, OTOH, clearly didn’t enjoy the journey.

Right...thanks for your insight....as you keep bringing this shit up

Hammock Parties
02-05-2020, 08:54 PM
I think it won't truly settle in until the coronation next September.

Then it will really hit me.

petegz28
02-05-2020, 08:59 PM
I think it won't truly settle in until the coronation next September.

Then it will really hit me.

Watching them raise the flag will certainly be a sight to behold....

Ming the Merciless
02-05-2020, 09:04 PM
As far as runs go....there were some spectacular things about it...the comebacks. The fact that the niners were so good on D. The youth and sparkle of mahomes...the chiefs D coming together...dropping a 50 burger on Houston after going down early etc...that last 8 minutes of the SB....

To play devil's advocate: miami beating the Pat's and us getting pretty lucky to get the second seed and a week off makes this claim a little dubious...

Also..nothing against the titans but besting Tannehill is not a name that I would throw around as some huge accomplishment...and the pats & ravens getting bounced made the road a little easier...(on paper anyway).

I'm pretty sure theres probably a more spectacular playoff run / superbowl win in the past....if we were being totally fair. For one thing teams that have to play all the games and dont get a bye...or play away games....

Im.not saying it WASNT the most spectacular playoff run...but I would need to take a close look at the record books and history before I would be certain this is true. I'm a huge homer..so I want to believe this. But I'm a little skeptical of this massive claim until i see more evidence.

petegz28
02-05-2020, 09:06 PM
As far as runs go....there were some spectacular things about it...the comebacks. The fact that the niners were so good on D.

To play devil's advocate: miami beating the Pat's and us getting pretty lucky to get the second seed and a week off makes this claim a little dubious...

Also..nothing against the titans but besting Tannehill is not a name that I would throw around as some huge accomplishment...and the ravens getting bounced made the road a little easier...(on paper anyway).

I'm pretty sure theres probably a more spectacular playoff run / superbowl win...if we were being totally fair. For one thing teams that have to play all the games and dont get a bye...or play away games....

Im.not saying it WASNT the most spectacular playoff run...but I would need to take a close look at the record books and history before I would be certain this is true. I'm a huge homer..so I want to believe this. But I'm a little skeptical of this massive claim until i see more evidence.

Dude just let this sink in:

Down 24-0 and Win
Down 10 points TWICE in the same game and win
Down 10 points with 7 min to go and win

Take all the looks you want....that shit if for reals!

TribalElder
02-05-2020, 09:12 PM
I'm just glad we finally get some updated flags, trophies, highlights, and all that shit

was tired of watching teh superbowl 4 reruns holy fuck

I think Pat could have probably won the superbowl if Andy would have let him play in the playoffs as a rookie, he is just another level above everyone. I will enjoy the fuck out of the next decade just totally owning the AFC

It will be hilarious when Pat holds an undefeated record in Las Vegas for the next 10 years

That will be a nice blast to drop on the loser ass raiders

Ming the Merciless
02-05-2020, 09:12 PM
No team in history has come back from.double digits to win every game in the post season.

If that's you're only definition of spectacular then of course you're correct. But in that case, just use "comeback" and not the more ambiguous term spectacular....because to me spectacular can mean more things than a comeback...

Ming the Merciless
02-05-2020, 09:19 PM
Also..and it feels weird having to explain this to pete..but if you're going to make the claim that this is the most spectacular run in history...you kind of have to look at...well...history.

It would bolster your case if you mentioned some other runs and why this run was more spectacular...

Again..I'm not saying it isnt...I'm just explaining that this claim requires more than " WE WERE DOWN 24-0 DUDE!!!!" In my eyes. I'd like to make this claim but I'd like to do so from a position of authority.

petegz28
02-05-2020, 09:31 PM
Also..and it feels weird having to explain this to pete..but if you're going to make the claim that this is the most spectacular run in history...you kind of have to look at...well...history.

It would bolster your case if you mentioned some other runs and why this run was more spectacular...

Again..I'm not saying it isnt...I'm just explaining that this claim requires more than " WE WERE DOWN 24-0 DUDE!!!!" In my eyes. I'd like to make this claim but I'd like to do so from a position of authority.

And I thought I was anal...sheesh. I did mention other runs...as is in no one has ever done what we did. JFC take it out of your ass, bro

RealSNR
02-05-2020, 11:27 PM

Did Frank Clark not fucking suck at the time?

The Chiefs defense of 2018 fucking sucked. Would you bump a thread like that and say “Worst take of all time!!!!” just because they’re now decent?

I mean, you probably would. But you’d look kinda foolish

RealSNR
02-05-2020, 11:29 PM
I'm just glad we finally get some updated flags, trophies, highlights, and all that shit

was tired of watching teh superbowl 4 reruns holy fuck

I think Pat could have probably won the superbowl if Andy would have let him play in the playoffs as a rookie, he is just another level above everyone. I will enjoy the fuck out of the next decade just totally owning the AFC

It will be hilarious when Pat holds an undefeated record in Las Vegas for the next 10 years

That will be a nice blast to drop on the loser ass raiders

8 years to go on that Jon Gruden contract. Has there ever been a coach who was with a team for 10+ years and never won a game against a division rival?

scho63
02-06-2020, 12:07 AM

In one way yes and in another no-if it wasn't for him Bob Sutton would most likely still be here along with some of the shitbags we had and no Clark or MAtthieu at a minimum.

Dee Ford helped rid us of Bob Sutton just like Jovan Belcher did to Pioli and Matt Cassel and Todd Haley......

Sad but true :thumb:

dlphg9
02-06-2020, 12:51 AM
Did Frank Clark not ****ing suck at the time?

The Chiefs defense of 2018 ****ing sucked. Would you bump a thread like that and say “Worst take of all time!!!!” just because they’re now decent?

I mean, you probably would. But you’d look kinda foolish

Hes pretty well a fucking retard

R Clark
02-06-2020, 07:14 AM
Hes pretty well a ****ing retard

You do mean pawnmower right?

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-06-2020, 07:57 AM
Dude just let this sink in:

Down 24-0 and Win
Down 10 points TWICE in the same game and win
Down 10 points with 7 min to go and win

Take all the looks you want....that shit if for reals!

Not only won, but won each game by double digits...

Clutch.

ChiTown
02-06-2020, 08:48 AM
Not only won, but won each game by double digits...

Clutch.

This. It's not just the comeback (which is fucking amazing, mind you), it's the emphatic way in which we did so.

* 28 points in a quarter and 7 straight TD's - are you fucking kidding me?

*Down 17-7 early in the 2nd qtr, and Tenn never did a fucking thing until late in the 4th on a fake punt when the game was over.

* 21 points in 5+ minutes in the 4th qtr. Again, are you fucking kidding me?

#blessed

Eleazar
02-06-2020, 08:49 AM
Imagine being with pete during the third quarter of the Super Bowl. Talk about compounding your misery

Ming the Merciless
02-06-2020, 09:00 AM
You do mean pawnmower right?

I'm a retard for wanting to actually look at history before making a historical declaration about history?

Fuck you

Wallcrawler
02-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Best moment is on Micd up when the run about to be completed. Mahomes throws the td to willuams to take the lead, and those 4 straight screams while flexing on them is spine chilling.

You can hear how ****ing bad he wanted this for Andy and his guys.

Wallcrawler
02-06-2020, 11:02 AM

Historical fact: No team in the 100 year history of the NFL has come back from a double digit deficit in three straight postseason games to win.

Its never happened, so there's your position of authority.

Generally, the competition level in the playoffs is such that if you go down doube digits, your chance to win the game is pretty damn low.

Like 96% chance to lose down 10 on 3rd n 15 low. 4% chance to win that game. They did.

Best postseason run ever.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2020, 11:26 AM
i mean the offense was amazing

but the fact the D fucking locked shit down everytime when they had to come back

this team

Clyde Frog
02-06-2020, 11:27 AM
It just feels good to be the focus of highlights and not the amorphous red blobs in other teams reels.

carcosa
02-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Glad to see you wake up and sniff the roses, Pete!!!

Ming the Merciless
02-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Historical fact: No team in the 100 year history of the NFL has come back from a double digit deficit in three straight postseason games to win.

Its never happened, so there's your position of authority.

Generally, the competition level in the playoffs is such that if you go down doube digits, your chance to win the game is pretty damn low.

Like 96% chance to lose down 10 on 3rd n 15 low. 4% chance to win that game. They did.

Best postseason run ever.

if you only look at "comebacks" , OK.

But I'm not personally convinced that would be the "best run" ever...It sort of depends on how you define best run...To me , it doesn't only mean coming back...there are some other factors that have to be considered. For example: what about a team that just utterly destroyed the other teams without ever being behind? Isn't that "better" than being behind and needing a come back? What about shutting opponents out? etc...Again, for the illiterate among us (not you) - I'm not saying this isn't the best run ONLY because I don't have time to study this right now...I'm saying that JUST the comebacks isn't enough for me to just declare this the best run without at least looking at some of the other great runs in history..looking at teams that destroyed opponents, looking at defenses that shut people out...looking at teams that had to play away games, and play an extra game, looking at teams who had to play higher seeds.......etc etc..... I don't think you can have the authority you need without at least examining the other top 5 greatest playoff runs in history....other wise its just homer talk IMO. I'll let Lil Chiefys do the homer talk. When I get a chance to really look at other playoff runs of history I'll state my opinion on this.

MMXcalibur
02-06-2020, 03:32 PM
I’m ecstatic I’ll be able to relive the Houston, Tennessee, and San Francisco playoff games and know EXACTLY how I felt at the time of each highlight knowing everything ends for the better.

Hell, I’m going to be so fluent in Super Bowl 54 that I’ll be able to replay it by memory.

Wallcrawler
02-06-2020, 06:27 PM

But I'm not personally convinced that would be the "best run" ever...It sort of depends on how you define best run...To me , it doesn't only mean coming back...there are some other factors that have to be considered. For example: what about a team that just utterly destroyed the other teams without ever being behind? Isn't that "better" than being behind and needing a come back? What about shutting opponents out? etc...Again, for the illiterate among us (not you) - I'm not saying this isn't the best run ONLY because I don't have time to study this right now...I'm saying that JUST the comebacks isn't enough for me to just declare this the best run without at least looking at some of the other great runs in history..looking at teams that destroyed opponents, looking at defenses that shut people out...looking at teams that had to play away games, and play an extra game, looking at teams who had to play higher seeds.......etc etc..... I don't think you can have the authority you need without at least examining the other top 5 greatest playoff runs in history....other wise its just homer talk IMO. I'll let Lil Chiefys do the homer talk. When I get a chance to really look at other playoff runs of history I'll state my opinion on this.

1. Because Chiefs.

2. Because Mahomes.

I'll admit a shit ton of homer bias due to 27 years of anguish combined with the absolute force that is Patrick Mahomes.

They made history with the 3 straight come from behind double digits to win by double digits, and he made history being the youngest Superbowl mvp in history, and youngest to be both a league and superbowl mvp.

I mean, a lot of it will be governed by bias, because a wildcard team going on a run to win it all could be argued for, because it was an extra game.

Im saying it's the greatest because its something we never saw in the 100 year history of the league, a resilience that strong and be just flat out unbeatable.

Stryker
02-06-2020, 06:38 PM
This made me lose it! Tears were FALLING!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tyoRfDTLaR8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We WILL REMEMBER THIS FOREVER! We sooooo deserved this here on CP, KC and all of CHIEFS KINGDOM!

Raiderhater
02-06-2020, 07:18 PM

We await with bated breath.

suzzer99
02-06-2020, 07:25 PM
How long until Pete makes his first We're Doomed/Fire Everyone thread next year?

I give it 2 weeks.

BigRedChief
02-06-2020, 10:17 PM
How long until Pete makes his first We're Doomed/Fire Everyone thread next year?

I give it 2 weeks.he was so negative, we were doomed. He was certain. Told anyone who thought differently they were stupid and he knew differently.

Then he’s like my bad. How cool is this now, best one ever!:doh!:

wazu
02-06-2020, 10:23 PM
he was so negative, we were doomed. He was certain. Told anyone who thought differently they were stupid and he knew differently.

Then he’s like my bad. How cool is this now, best one ever!:doh!:

Hey, man. He's a Chiefs fan. We all have scars. Some are able to bounce back and stay positive better than others. But it's okay to have been negative in the past, and on cloud nine today.