PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Damien Willaims: Most Playoff TD's By Undrafted FA in History

petegz28
02-05-2020, 09:00 PM
https://www.facebook.com/KansasCityChiefs/videos/856288994801160/

poolboy
02-05-2020, 09:23 PM
dude was a stud running for 8 first downs and 2 almost 3 tds in the super bowl

rabblerouser
02-05-2020, 09:55 PM
dude was a stud running for 8 first downs and 2 almost 3 tds in the super bowl

That catch and run at the beginning of the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl was TITS.

Chiefshrink
02-05-2020, 09:58 PM
Say what you will about DW, bottom line he plays BIG in BIG GAMES especially in the playoffs !!:clap:

We still need to draft a RB though.:hmmm:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-05-2020, 10:01 PM
Say what you will about DW, bottom line he plays BIG in BIG GAMES especially in the playoffs !!:clap:

We still need to draft a RB though.:hmmm:

Not with our first round pick. Later rounds maybe. Jonathan Taylor sounds really nice but we have more pressing needs like a ILB to replace Ragland

DRM08
02-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Very impressive. I hope they will give him a contract extension.

BossChief
02-05-2020, 10:04 PM
Must have passed gold jacket donkey fraud that helped cheat the cap to win

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-05-2020, 10:05 PM

Agreed! Veach will be a busy man this offseason

DRM08
02-05-2020, 10:19 PM
By the way, I have to say Damien's juke ability is really damn good. Sneaky good! Niners have a very fast defense full of guys that know how to tackle. Damien kept making them look like idiots. He has great quickness on top of great straight line speed.

ChiefsFanatic
02-05-2020, 10:43 PM

We still need to draft a RB though.:hmmm:That's why they call him Big Game Dame

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Tribal Warfare
02-05-2020, 10:58 PM

IMO, considering his age and a RBs shelf life contract expires in 2021

Damien won't be payed high end starter's signing bonus and salary.

Ultimately the Chiefs will draft his replacement soon.

rabblerouser
02-05-2020, 11:45 PM
That's why they call him Big Game Dame

Big Dick Williams.

BDW.

BossChief
02-06-2020, 12:25 AM
IMO, considering his age and a RBs shelf life contract expires in 2021

Damien won't be payed high end starter's signing bonus and salary.

Ultimately the Chiefs will draft his replacement soon.

Thompson is already being groomed.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-06-2020, 12:34 AM

Yea groomed to not being able to pass block or turn around and catch the ball

BossChief
02-06-2020, 01:32 AM
Yea groomed to not being able to pass block or turn around and catch the ball

That was to be expected if you knew what we have with Darwin.

The kid played 2 years at junior college and only 1 year at Utah state (9 starts)...he’s obviously going to make some mistakes. But.....He was drafted as a project that has a really high upside. His contact balance is outstanding and he has very good vision, wiggle, acceleration, will and has reliable hands.

Deland McCullough LOVES the kid and will put in a lot of work with him this offseason. I completely expect him to be ready to handle a larger role going forward. We have two of the absolute best RB coaches in the game on staff, so I think it’s fair to expect them to develop the kid into his potential.

The kid is legit exciting to watch run the ball and I’m looking forward to how he impacts the offense once he earns more responsibilities.

rabblerouser
02-06-2020, 01:46 AM
That was to be expected if you knew what we have with Darwin.

The kid played 2 years at junior college and only 1 year at Utah state (9 starts)...he’s obviously going to make some mistakes. But.....He was drafted as a project that has a really high upside. His contact balance is outstanding and he has very good vision, wiggle, acceleration, will and has reliable hands.

Deland McCullough LOVES the kid and will put in a lot of work with him this offseason. I completely expect him to be ready to handle a larger role going forward. We have two of the absolute best RB coaches in the game on staff, so I think it’s fair to expect them to develop the kid into his potential.

The kid is legit exciting to watch run the ball and I’m looking forward to how he impacts the offense once he earns more responsibilities.
EB is pretty particular about his running backs.

ChiefsFanatic
02-06-2020, 02:13 AM
Yea groomed to not being able to pass block or turn around and catch the ballI have honestly never seen a rookie offensive skill position player be as clueless as Thompson so far into the season. He can't recognize or pick up a blitz, or even a stunt in pass-pro, can't identify the need to run a hot route, runs routes without looking for the ball (I assume because he doesn't think it's coming his way) and didn't even know you could advance a fumbled kick-off.

He needs to make a huge leap in year two, or he may not be a member of the Chiefs for very long. Reid wants offensive toys that work when it comes to the RB position, because it's a position that can't afford to be just a special teams player.

MIAdragon
02-06-2020, 06:00 AM
Can someone gif his chip on Bosa and catch?

MIAdragon
02-06-2020, 06:04 AM
I have honestly never seen a rookie offensive skill position player be as clueless as Thompson so far into the season. He can't recognize or pick up a blitz, or even a stunt in pass-pro, can't identify the need to run a hot route, runs routes without looking for the ball (I assume because he doesn't think it's coming his way) and didn't even know you could advance a fumbled kick-off.

He needs to make a huge leap in year two, or he may not be a member of the Chiefs for very long. Reid wants offensive toys that work when it comes to the RB position, because it's a position that can't afford to be just a special teams player.

I don’t see him making it next year, every game it’s something. He’s just not getting it.

ChiTown
02-06-2020, 06:12 AM
Not with our first round pick. Later rounds maybe. Jonathan Taylor sounds really nice but we have more pressing needs like a ILB to replace Ragland

My guess is that we’ll go hunting for a RB in the 3rd round. There’ll be some value there.

Tribal Warfare
02-06-2020, 08:56 AM

Groomed? This isn't the QB position, if you have any ability whatsoever the guy would be producing at least game 7 or 9.

With Darwin he's dumber than dogshit, and too small for pass protection.

Jonathan Taylor,JK Dobbins, or DeAndre Swift will be targeted players

FringeNC
02-06-2020, 09:01 AM
If Damien Williams stays with the team another couple years, and we have long playoff runs, the guy could take over the all-time record for playoff TDs.

DRM08
02-06-2020, 09:12 AM
Groomed? This isn't the QB position, if you have any ability whatsoever the guy would be producing at least game 7 or 9.

With Darwin he's dumber than dogshit, and too small for pass protection.

Jonathan Taylor,JK Dobbins, or DeAndre Swift will be targeted players

What round are those guys expected to be drafted?

Tribal Warfare
02-06-2020, 09:14 AM
What round are those guys expected to be drafted?

Late 1st to early 3rd round

SuperBowl4
02-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Thanks to the CHIEFS OL!