PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Another great piece by Rany on Chiefs fandom, super bowl champion edition

jerryaldini
02-06-2020, 02:14 AM
Rany Jazayerli wrote an excellent article for the Ringer posted here after the AFCCG about the trials of Chiefs fans. Here's his follow up on the experience of seeing a second KC team overcome highly improbable odds to become champions. We are now playing with house money as KC fans, as he puts it. Enjoy.

"Once before I had seen a team win a championship this way, time and again waiting until almost all hope had been extinguished before calmly and ruthlessly snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. I had made my peace that I would never experience that kind of a championship again. And yet here I am, walking around in a daze, a goofy grin permanently plastered on my face, not entirely convinced that my eyes and ears aren’t lying to me about what just happened."

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl-playoffs/2020/2/5/21123981/kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-champions-fan-experience-royals?__twitter_impression=true

Molitoth
02-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Rany nailed the crazy similarities between the Royals/Chiefs that I have been talking about all post season.

It's crazy.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-06-2020, 07:47 AM
That's a stetch to compare, but whatever

Prison Bitch
02-06-2020, 07:48 AM
Hopefully he doesn’t toss in dozens of references to being a doctor