PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Albert Wilson

staylor26
02-06-2020, 03:08 PM
Sounds like he’s going to be cut if he doesn’t restructure.

Robinson is probably gone, and there’s a good chance Watkins is too. This is the kind of move that would help soften the blow of losing two guys with experience in this offense.

He was great that week 17 in 2017 with Pat at QB. I’d love to bring him back at a reasonable price.

Pitt Gorilla
02-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Who out there is paying Robinson?

suzzer99
If we lose Robinson and Watkins this might make sense. Can't go into the season with Hill/Hardman/Pringle.

staylor26

People said the same thing about Wilson and Conley.

RunKC
02-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Yip. Come back on a deal homie. You got your payday now get a ring with us

Pitt Gorilla
People said the same thing about Wilson and Conley.

I figured Conley would get paid. Of course, I’m not sure the Chiefs really wanted either back, as they looked to upgrade.

suzzer99

Wilson and Conley got paid. Robinson is better than them.

The argument is that he's just not showcased because he's behind Hill, Watkins and Kelce and even Hardman. Which may be true.

Someone will probably pay him $8-9M/year over 3 seasons and we can't match that.

ptlyon
02-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Or, pick up someone in the draft

candyman
02-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Wonder what Bowe is up to?

TLO
02-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Alligator arms bitch.

Absolutely not.

staylor26
02-06-2020, 03:20 PM

You realize we need to do both, right? This offense is very difficult to learn and to expect us to go into the season with just Tyreek, Hardman, and a rookie is very naive.

We will sign a vet and draft a guy.

ModSocks
02-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Wilson isn't a fit in this offense any more. He was better in a dink-dunk Alex Smith offense. He was never a great deep ball guy and often gator arm'd passes that were slightly outside his frame.

I don't think he's a match here anymore based on what we do, what Veach says he looks for, and what Wilson has done historically.

suzzer99

Everyone says it takes 3 years for WRs to learn Reid's system. Which I guess makes Wilson very appealing.

DeepSouth
This team won because they all had one goal. There were no non-football distractions. Albert Wilson continued to kneel during the national anthem in 2019. Let him stay in Miami.

suzzer99
02-06-2020, 03:23 PM
Wilson isn't a fit in this offense any more. He was better in a dink-dunk Alex Smith offense. He was never a great deep ball guy and often gator arm'd passes that were slightly outside his frame.

I don't think he's a match here anymore based on what we do, what Veach says he looks for, and what Wilson has done historically.

Hmmm - wonder if Philly plans to hold on to DeSean Jackson.

Easy 6
02-06-2020, 03:25 PM
If we lose Watkins, I’d much rather get a good sized youngish vet familiar with the WCO... we’ll need to replace Sammys athleticism and RAC ability, not go get another gadget midget IMO

staylor26
02-06-2020, 03:26 PM

I disagree. Just look at the one game he had with Pat if you believe this. He’s a better fit than Conley and Robinson, and he’s more explosive than those guys as well.

Urc Burry
02-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Conley got a 2 year 4 mil deal. Why are we acting like he made bank on the open market? Wilson definitely got overpaid. But I would like to keep Robinson at a reasonable price if we are to lose Watkins

Hoover
02-06-2020, 03:30 PM
They can save 9.5 M by dropping him, so he's gone.

I would think we could sign him for Pennies on the dollar. For a couple million, sure, why not.

Reerun_KC
02-06-2020, 03:31 PM
Should we give him a super bowl ring also?

Hoover
02-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Conley got a 2 year 4 mil deal. Why are we acting like he made bank on the open market? Wilson definitely got overpaid. But I would like to keep Robinson at a reasonable price if we are to lose Watkins
It was a three year 24M deal.

Chief Northman
02-06-2020, 03:32 PM
If you think Watkins was a brokedick, I have some news for you regarding Bert.....

BossChief
02-06-2020, 03:33 PM

He was dealing with shoulder injuries.

I’d take him back on a 2/5

Rain Man
02-06-2020, 03:34 PM

In fairness, we have Patrick Mahomes II. There won't be passes slightly outside his frame with Patrick Mahomes II.

But yeah, I think we've moved beyond Albert Wilson. No need to bring in a veteran at that position when you can find young, fast guys in the draft.

Eleazar
02-06-2020, 03:35 PM
If they look to free agency we'll be able to find someone who wants to come in and win a ring, and they'll be a lot better than Albert Wilson.

Rain Man
02-06-2020, 03:39 PM
If they look to free agency we'll be able to find someone who wants to come in and win a ring, and they'll be a lot better than Albert Wilson.

"Hey, Suggs. Give Fitzgerald a call, okay?"

scho63
02-06-2020, 03:40 PM
I wanna keep Robinson if Watkins asks crazy money

staylor26
02-06-2020, 03:41 PM
In fairness, we have Patrick Mahomes II. There won't be passes slightly outside his frame with Patrick Mahomes II.

But yeah, I think we've moved beyond Albert Wilson. No need to bring in a veteran at that position when you can find young, fast guys in the draft.

But you can’t just have Tyreek, Hardman, and a bunch of rookies and former UDFA’s (which is what we have outside of those guys). What happens if Tyreek goes down?

You need a proven vet as well. This isn’t an either/or thing.

staylor26
02-06-2020, 03:43 PM

Ok who? Let’s see some examples.

Hint:

There aren’t exactly a ton of options there.

DTHOF
02-06-2020, 03:45 PM
Don't we also have Kemp under contract or at least a ERFA? He was coming on from what I hear until he blew his ACL in the preseason.

O.city
02-06-2020, 03:45 PM
I'd probably just extend Watkins if that's possible. If not, you're gonna have to draft someone for sure.

Wouldn't mind Wilson. He was always a nice solid WR.

Kiimo
02-06-2020, 03:49 PM
This upcoming draft is STACKED with WR talent.

staylor26
02-06-2020, 03:50 PM
This upcoming draft is STACKED with WR talent.

Yes, it is. And we will draft one.

That still doesn’t mean we don’t need to sign a vet as well.

RunKC
02-06-2020, 03:50 PM
Mentioned it before, but I’d love to have Randall Cobb. He was excellent as a 3rd option in Dallas with a lesser QB.

Was about $5 million last year.

BossChief
02-06-2020, 03:55 PM
I mentioned Wilson a month or so ago as a guy I’d like to bring back for a cheap deal and I’m sure he’d love to come back on a 1-2 year deal to build his value back up. A 1 year deal would be smart.

1) if cut he wouldn’t count in the comp pick formula
2) he can flat out fly
3) he already knows the offense so he could play right away.

The other guy I wouldn’t mi d bringing back would be Deanthony Thomas. He’d be cheap speed, too that already knows the system.

Just keep him away from punt returns.

R Clark
02-06-2020, 03:56 PM
Wilson sucked outside of one game, they ain’t bringing him back lol

penchief
02-06-2020, 03:56 PM

Yeah, I think this is the move. Watkins can be utterly fantastic at times. But he is also inconsistent, injury prone, and seems somewhat emotionally fragile.

shitgoose
02-06-2020, 04:08 PM
Keep fucking doubting Gehrig Dieter

Chargem
02-06-2020, 04:10 PM
I actually quite linked Pringle this year, I wouldn't mind him taking Robinsons snaps.

SAUTO
02-06-2020, 04:13 PM
He was dealing with shoulder injuries.

I’d take him back on a 2/5

LMAO

Direckshun
02-06-2020, 04:22 PM
Albert Wilson gets a hell yes from me.

He clearly demonstrated he can develop a chemistry with Pat, and is really quick in short spaces, which is the role he'd get to play.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-06-2020, 04:25 PM
Dude is a brokedick

Schefter said this Is the deepest WR drafts in the past 20 years

F150
02-06-2020, 04:28 PM
Wilson needs to stay gone

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Keep ****ing doubting Gehrig Dieter

For real!!

Dude is gonna break out this upcoming year. There is a reason why he isn’t on another roster

rabblerouser
02-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Should we give him a super bowl ring also?

ROFL
LMAO

Coochie liquor
02-06-2020, 05:40 PM
"Hey, Suggs. Give Fitzgerald a call, okay?"

Or Landlord can give him a call/

BWillie
02-06-2020, 05:40 PM
Count me in on Albert Wilson. He was very productive when he was here, and he's shown he's a legit player in Miami.

Might be fun to go get Dorsett to show how bad Tom Brady actually is now. He'd go for 800 yds in our offense.

redfan
02-06-2020, 05:54 PM
Just say no to retread WRs. Kinda like retread QBs.

staylor26
02-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Count me in on Albert Wilson. He was very productive when he was hear, and he's shown he's a legit player in Miami.

Might be fun to go get Dorsett to show how bad Tom Brady actually is now. He'd go for 800 yds in our offense.

Dorsett is also a guy I would have interest in.

Deberg_1990
02-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Sounds like he’s going to be cut if he doesn’t restructure.

Robinson is probably gone, and there’s a good chance Watkins is too. This is the kind of move that would help soften the blow of losing two guys with experience in this offense.

He was great that week 17 in 2017 with Pat at QB. I’d love to bring him back at a reasonable price.

He’s the type of average talent that Patrick could make better than he truly is. Like Manning used to do.

So yes

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-06-2020, 06:06 PM
Would rather sign greg Olsen

Chief Roundup
02-06-2020, 06:35 PM

Watkins is still under contract. He needs to get an extension that drops his AAV if Watkins doesn't set out for the year as he has said he is contemplating.

ljmhawk
02-06-2020, 06:38 PM
i feel like we need to get a bigger receiver, we have enough of the small fast ones

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-06-2020, 06:42 PM
God I love to draft any one of the 3 Alabama receivers. The Raiders are going to take a great one at #12 Then they're going to move up and get that #1 LB.

ModSocks
02-06-2020, 06:50 PM
i feel like we need to get a bigger receiver, we have enough of the small fast ones

Naaaah.

I'm not a believer in the "thunder & lightning" strategy.

If we have a system built around quickness then we should stock up on speedy receivers so they're more plug-n-play in the event of an injury. Rather than having to adjust timing/strategy because we threw some plodder out there.

Reminds me of teams like the Chargers who draft big body, slow WR's and then sign some small, quick gadget guy in Travis Benjamin. That shit is dumb. He ends up just looking miscast.

It's a philosophy. You either believe in WR's who separate quickly, or you believe in big guys who win on contested catches. I dont like that mix and match shit. You lose your identity.

Buehler445
02-06-2020, 07:07 PM
I mentioned Wilson a month or so ago as a guy I’d like to bring back for a cheap deal and I’m sure he’d love to come back on a 1-2 year deal to build his value back up. A 1 year deal would be smart.

1) if cut he wouldn’t count in the comp pick formula
2) he can flat out fly
3) he already knows the offense so he could play right away.

The other guy I wouldn’t mi d bringing back would be Deanthony Thomas. He’d be cheap speed, too that already knows the system.

Just keep him away from punt returns.

I think DATs speed is gone.
For real!!

Dude is gonna break out this upcoming year. There is a reason why he isn’t on another roster
Is it because he’s not good?

Wallcrawler
02-06-2020, 07:13 PM
Alligator arms bitch.

Absolutely not.

Beat me to it. Forget this dude.

JohnnyHammersticks
02-06-2020, 09:26 PM
Mecole Hardman has the OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME. This offense...Patrick...Reid...

Hope he takes advantage of it. No reason to think he won't. Did a good job as a rookie at a notoriously hard position for rookies to play. He needs to be Mahomes's shadow this entire offseason.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-06-2020, 09:32 PM
This is the deepest class of WR in 20 years and people want to sign some retread wtf

ChiefsFanatic
02-07-2020, 03:09 AM

I don't think he's a match here anymore based on what we do, what Veach says he looks for, and what Wilson has done historically.Wilson had his biggest stats day during the week 17 game against the Broncos in the first start of Mahomes' career. He had 10 catches for 147 yards in that game, so I think he would be just fine with Mahomes at QB.

But I don't think Robinson leaves. He is capable of playing very well in this offense, already knows this offense, and I doubt there is any team in the league that views him as anything other than a 4th receiver on offense. Maybe a 3rd receiver, but that's a stretch. But he does make an impact on special teams.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

ChiefsFanatic
02-07-2020, 03:16 AM
This is the deepest class of WR in 20 years and people want to sign some retread wtfI think every draft from now on, somewhere between rounds 4-7, we should draft the fastest WR possible, even if they didn't have a standout career in college. Any receiver available in the late rounds that runs a 4.29 or better should be considered.

Route running can be taught (see Tyreek Hill) and hands can be improved (see TG early in his career) but speed is something you can't teach. With the arm cannon Mahomes lugs around, speed receivers become very dangerous offensive weapons, even when they aren't getting the ball.

scho63
02-07-2020, 06:52 AM
We do NOT need to go backwards and sign Wilson-keep moving forward!

DRM08
02-07-2020, 07:07 AM
I think every draft from now on, somewhere between rounds 4-7, we should draft the fastest WR possible, even if they didn't have a standout career in college. Any receiver available in the late rounds that runs a 4.29 or better should be considered.

Route running can be taught (see Tyreek Hill) and hands can be improved (see TG early in his career) but speed is something you can't teach. With the arm cannon Mahomes lugs around, speed receivers become very dangerous offensive weapons, even when they aren't getting the ball.

Doesn't even need to be that fast. Hardman is a 4.33, but I would say anything below 4.4 is excellent as long as the guy has really good quickness/change of direction to go with it. That's what is so amazing about Tyreek and Mecole. Those guys can change direction really quick. They aren't just super fast in a straight line.

Dunerdr
02-07-2020, 07:14 AM
Seems like we need more of a sizable possession guy vs a small slot type. I'd keep an eye one what philly is shaking loose or maybe Chicago, other Reid tree teams.

Dunerdr
02-07-2020, 07:20 AM
Looking at the 2020 free agent class, theres nothing flashy at WR, id say take this opportunity to draft a guy in a deep class and improve the line. Mahomes with time can make, Drob look like a starter. (see weeks 2 and 3)

Mike in SW-MO
02-07-2020, 07:46 AM
Looking at the 2020 free agent class, theres nothing flashy at WR, id say take this opportunity to draft a guy in a deep class and improve the line. Mahomes with time can make, Drob look like a starter. (see weeks 2 and 3)

I can't get over visions of DRob dropping passes against Houston. Was he targeted again the rest of the way?

Chris Meck
02-07-2020, 07:47 AM
We need fatties. And Lb'ers. And CB's.

Anything else is a luxury we probably can't fit under the cap.

Keeping D-line depth should be a priority.

re-stocking the offensive line as well.

Easy 6
02-07-2020, 07:57 AM
Seems like we need more of a sizable possession guy vs a small slot type. I'd keep an eye one what philly is shaking loose or maybe Chicago, other Reid tree teams.

That’s where I’m at, we DO need a veteran to go along with any drafted receiver... but not some diminutive gadget type, particularly if we lose Watkins

Reek and Hardman are already vertically challenged

You can point to guys like Kemp and Pringle for bigger bodies, but who really knows what their future holds

Not trying to shit on those who think Wilson is a good idea, I get that he could slide right back in much like Ware thanks to familiarity with the system... just saying we don’t need another smallish guy IMO

Dunerdr
02-07-2020, 07:58 AM
I can't get over visions of DRob dropping passes against Houston. Was he targeted again the rest of the way?

I'm not saying hes perfect, and the houston game was a perfect storm of plenty of problems, line included. But we dont have money to spend, thats why i suggest take a flyer on a widout in the draft and grab a vet somewhere, while using resources to upgrade the IOL. With time to sit in the pocket Mahomes can pick apart any defense. Even with time out of the pocket he makes miracle plays like the Pringle play in indy. We just cant have what we had for three quarters of the SB, wich i know is an elite line, but those are out there and teams will want to go that way to stop us now.

R Clark
02-07-2020, 08:04 AM
We need fatties. And Lb'ers. And CB's.

Anything else is a luxury we probably can't fit under the cap.

Keeping D-line depth should be a priority.

re-stocking the offensive line as well.

This is what are draft should look like

BWillie
02-07-2020, 08:25 AM
Naaaah.

If we have a system built around quickness then we should stock up on speedy receivers so they're more plug-n-play in the event of an injury. Rather than having to adjust timing/strategy because we threw some plodder out there.

Reminds me of teams like the Chargers who draft big body, slow WR's and then sign some small, quick gadget guy in Travis Benjamin. That shit is dumb. He ends up just looking miscast.

It's a philosophy. You either believe in WR's who separate quickly, or you believe in big guys who win on contested catches. I dont like that mix and match shit. You lose your identity.

Agreed. And if you want, you can use Kelce at goal line some as a WR you could. We are missing that tall receiver who can catch a fade in the end zone ut it isn't like we have trouble punching it in even though we don't have a bruising running game. I've seen D Rob play that role of goal line WR. Kelce seems to be the guy who just sits down in space compared to getting tons jump balls. Perhaps we could get a nice TE2 that can also do that by committee.

But quick gadgety guys....that is what Andy Reid's offense covets. Kelvin Benjamin did nothing when he was here. I get he was washed up, but it wasn't a great system for him to have success here either.

BWillie
02-07-2020, 08:28 AM
I think every draft from now on, somewhere between rounds 4-7, we should draft the fastest WR possible, even if they didn't have a standout career in college. Any receiver available in the late rounds that runs a 4.29 or better should be considered.

Maybe. Depends on your agility & 3-cone times. Some fast guys aren't agile at all. Tyreek is so good because he's both super agile and fast. He doesn't get enough credit for how he can just change direction on a dime.

So often we just look at 40 times. I'm more worried about agility combine drills TBH.

Buehler445
02-07-2020, 08:39 AM

Yeah, he had at least one catch and at least one more (albeit tough) drop after we unfucked ourselves.

Dunerdr
02-07-2020, 10:08 AM
This is going to be a tricky off season the more i dive into it. I think i would bring back wisnewski on a reasonable deal, let he rankins, and wylie fight out the IOL spots along with alegretti/ reiter at center. Let the underwhelming willias go, bring back Pennel reasonably. Talk to Ogbah see if we could keep him in rotation. And probably have to draft/ find two corners, more DL depth, and pray for a miracle at LB. Really Veach is gonna have to find some JAG diamonds in the rough again to reload this team. We have a core, but a ton of JAG moving pieces this offseason.

scho63
02-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I think this is the move. Watkins can be utterly fantastic at times. But he is also inconsistent, injury prone, and seems somewhat emotionally fragile.

Watkins had 3 TDs on opening day and NEVER scored another during the season until the playoffs. I was stunned by that stat

BWillie
02-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Someone remind me of Watkins contract. It looks like we have to pay him 7 million ANYWAY if we cut him or if he stays on the roster. So basically his cost is actually only 13 million.

Not great at interpreting NFL contracts, but can someone that knows chime in?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/sammy-watkins-14413/

Hoover
02-07-2020, 10:46 AM
Someone remind me of Watkins contract. It looks like we have to pay him 7 million ANYWAY if we cut him or if he stays on the roster. So basically his cost isn't actually only 13 million.

Not great at interpreting NFL contracts, but can someone that knows chime in?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/sammy-watkins-14413/
We save 14M if we let him walk.

If we keep him without restructuring his contract he costs 21M

wachashi
02-07-2020, 10:48 AM
We need a bigger, physical, "possession" receiver that can catch jump balls even when he's covered. Jamal Custis is 6' 5" 215, and I think the scouting staff clearly coveted his size as an UDFA. It didn't work out with him, but that type of player is a natural compliment to all of the speed we have on offense. I think we'll see some moves to bring in that type of player at WR this off season.

nychief
02-07-2020, 10:49 AM
Pass. Old wideouts are old.

farmerchief
02-07-2020, 10:51 AM
We need a bigger, physical, "possession" receiver that can catch jump balls even when he's covered. Jamal Custis is 6' 5" 215, and I think the scouting staff clearly coveted his size as an UDFA. It didn't work out with him, but that type of player is a natural compliment to all of the speed we have on offense. I think we'll see some moves to bring in that type of player at WR this off season. Some team signed him, quite some time after we dropped him, but cant remember who it was, or if hes even still on their roster?

ChiefsFanatic
02-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Doesn't even need to be that fast. Hardman is a 4.33, but I would say anything below 4.4 is excellent as long as the guy has really good quickness/change of direction to go with it. That's what is so amazing about Tyreek and Mecole. Those guys can change direction really quick. They aren't just super fast in a straight line.That was Hardman's combine number. At the Georgia pro day he ran 4.24.

Easy 6
02-07-2020, 02:28 PM
Naaaah.

Dude that mix and match shit is exactly the kinda corp that just won the Super Bowl

Reek and Hardman at 5’10 or under and around 190

Watkins and Pringle at 6’1 and 205 to 210

You don’t want all Smurfs, or all bigger guys either... the sweet spot is a balanced mix

ModSocks
02-07-2020, 02:42 PM
Dude that mix and match shit is exactly the kinda corp that just won the Super Bowl

Reek and Hardman at 5’10 or under and around 190

Watkins and Pringle at 6’1 and 205 to 210

You don’t want all Smurfs, or all bigger guys either... the sweet spot is a balanced mix

Their strengths are all similar. Neither Watkins or Pringle are big-bodied WR's like a Mike Williams etc.

We don't have a mix-n-match corps. We got guys who win with speed and quickness, not high point, body them out and contest the catch kinda dudes.

Easy 6
02-07-2020, 02:50 PM
Their strengths are all similar. Neither Watkins or Pringle are big-bodied WR's like a Mike Williams etc.

We don't have a mix-n-match corps. We got guys who win with speed and quickness, not high point, body them out and contest the catch kinda dudes.

I’ll grant you they’re not those 6’3 230 types, but they’re not my size either... they give you some height and bulk even while being fast in their own right

I’m well past the point of HAVING to be right in a football argument, but there is definitely truth in what I’m saying... you think if Andy could get his hands on another TO type, he’d take a pass because it’s all about elite quickness in and out of breaks now?

Come on man

We’ll just have to disagree I guess, let’s just see who we pick up this offseason...

patteeu
02-07-2020, 03:48 PM

Hopefully, that's what Fortson turns out to be.

Deberg_1990
08-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Hes opting out of 2020 season....

https://www.nfl.com/news/albert-wilson-becomes-second-dolphins-wr-to-opt-out-of-season

Another Miami Dolphins wide receiver will opt out of the 2020 season.
Albert Wilson informed the Dolphins he has decided to sit out the campaign.
"Not an easy decision to make..." Wilson wrote on Twitter. "I've decided to opt out of this 2020 season. It was very tough choice but since the day I started playing the game it's always been Faith Family Football. Because of this crazy time I choose to put my family in the best situation I see fit. I will stand by my teammates & brothers to support them 100% throughout this season and will be counting the days until I can join them again. 1 love."
Dolphins coach Brian Flores said in a statement, "I support Albert's decision. I know he made it with his family in mind. I want what is best for Albert, as I do for all of our players."
Wilson joins fellow Fins receiver Allen Hurns who also opted out this week.
The 28-year-old Wilson appeared slated to play a big role in the Dolphins offense as a slot receiver next to DeVante Parker. The opt outs of Wilson and Hurns leave Miami very young and thin at receiver.
Parker is poised to be the Dolphins' No. 1 target, with Preston Williams the No. 2, if he's fully recovered from an ACL tear by the start of the season. The rest of the wideout corps includes Gary Jennings, Isaiah Ford, Jakeem Grant, Mack Hollins and UDFAs Matt Cole and Kirk Merritt.

Whether Tua Tagovailoa or Ryan Fitzpatrick wins the Week 1 starting QB gig, their job just became harder after this week's WR news. We knew 2020 would challenge teams' depth. The Dolphins are finding that truth out early.
Players have until Thursday at 4 p.m. ET to opt out of the 2020 season.

RealSNR
08-05-2020, 10:56 AM
Dolphins fans probably hate this dude's fucking guts lol

Hoover
08-05-2020, 11:02 AM
Well Albert is probably planning on being a cheap pick up for this Chiefs next year for some depth.

KChiefs1
08-05-2020, 11:05 AM
Pass on alligator arms.

Titty Meat
08-05-2020, 06:24 PM
Well Albert is probably planning on being a cheap pick up for this Chiefs next year for some depth.

No thanks

FloridaMan88
05-11-2024, 10:54 PM
He’s officially retired…

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/underdog-ex-chiefs-wr-albert-wilson-nfl-retirement-announcement/

To the Kansas City Chiefs Organization, I want to thank you for kicking off this journey and giving me the only shot I ever needed.

To the Miami Dolphins Organization, I want to thank you for changing my family’s life forever and giving me the opportunity to come play in my home state in front of family, friends and the youth in my community. This provideded me a chance to be a leader in front of my community and a light to shine at dark times we all suffered.

To the Minnesota Vikings and Las Vegas Raiders, thank you. Y’all gave me, Lai Lai and my wife an experience we will never forget.

To all my coaches and teammates throughout the years, I gained unforgettable bonds and everlasting friendships. Thank you guys for helping me become the man/athlete I am today.

To my main dawg, Jamaal, from college teammates/roommates, to helping me prepare for the combine, to getting jobs with the teams I played with ( I don’t know how you pulled that off), to helping me start the Albert Wilson Foundation, to opening my eyes to being more than an athlete and to be a true servant, I truly wouldn’t be the man off the field that equals up to the man I am on the field without you.

To my high school coach, Coach Poole. The drive, will power, and dedication you maintained to get me prepped for the college level, I will forever be grateful.

To my family, Ma Tofi, Pops, and my siblings, aka MY WHYs, all I ever wanted was to make you guys proud and I thank you for the on-going guidance and motivation I have needed over the years.

To my Lai Lai, YaYa, and future Wilson babies, its all been for you guys and can’t wait to share these memories with you!

To my wife, Suga, this journey was just as much yours as it was mine and I want to thank you for all your blood, sweat, and tears. You not only make me better, you give me the drive to become a better person in all areas and ONLY because of you I’m extremely excited for my next career, Stay at Home DAD!!!

Bump
05-11-2024, 11:07 PM
he had a better career than I would have thought tbh

JohnnyHammersticks
05-11-2024, 11:18 PM
Wonder if he’ll take advantage of his NFL retiree medical plan to have his alligator arms replaced with real human arms… :hmmm:

Jamie
05-11-2024, 11:27 PM
He forgot to thank Mahomes for getting him that contract from Miami.

Rain Man
05-11-2024, 11:38 PM
he had a better career than I would have thought tbh

Career earnings of $22 million. I really should have spent more time on the 40 yard dash during my formative years.

ThaVirus
05-12-2024, 05:35 AM
Career earnings of $22 million. I really should have spent more time on the 40 yard dash during my formative years.

5’9” 190 lbs.

Where else could a guy like him have cashed out like this? What an amazing opportunity.

BossChief
05-12-2024, 02:46 PM
I kinda feel bad for Albert and his stigma for alligator arms. Dude played with a shoulder injury the last year in KC that didn’t improve till the last couple weeks of the season. I know he had mild alligator arm problems before that, but that last year was really bad due, at least partially, to the injury.

Mahomes got him paid, though.

Cheater5
05-12-2024, 05:01 PM
This is all I can really remember him doing, which was a really cool special teams play. Nonetheless, congratulations on a successful career, Albert

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tvS7imhl7HE?si=yF3jHFS9dOTojGZB" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
05-12-2024, 05:07 PM
We make our jokes about him, he was fine, even dynamic at times.

If Skyy did what Wilson did it would be a huge boost.

Bowser
05-12-2024, 06:03 PM
This is all I can really remember him doing, which was a really cool special teams play. Nonetheless, congratulations on a successful career, Albert

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tvS7imhl7HE?si=yF3jHFS9dOTojGZB" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was maybe his singular career highlight play with us. But I'll never forget this one either. Perfect summation of both Alex Smith and Alber Wilson when you think about it.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OX3Q2bRBWnM?si=DdZF0O5RpFa0hGhd" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
05-12-2024, 06:36 PM

The thing that cuts really deep is that isn't an exaggeration - it's 100% accurate.

Buehler445
05-12-2024, 07:23 PM

Yeah, he was damn fast. He had 6th round hands and a short guy catch radius, but he had to be respected. And with a capable QB (read: Mahomes) he was a weapon.

I'm not going to pretend he was anything he wasn't but I respect him.

ThaVirus
05-12-2024, 08:28 PM

This is a fun highlight. Mf looks like he was shot out of a cannon.

Pretty sure that was the Eric Berry pick-2 game as well.

Wisconsin_Chief
05-13-2024, 11:18 AM
Yeah, he was damn fast. He had 6th round hands and a short guy catch radius, but he had to be respected. And with a capable QB (read: Mahomes) he was a weapon.

I'm not going to pretend he was anything he wasn't but I respect him.

If we had prime Albert Wilson on this team last year he's our #2 receiver without even a shadow of a doubt. Another guy we'll all probably forget about eventually, but dudes like him are a huge part of the reason why this team has been so damn good for 10 straight years.

To constantly be able to find contributors in day 3 of the draft puts you so far ahead of the rest of the league. Obviously, it all starts with the core, but if you're not finding cheap pieces to put around them, you end up like the Buffalo Bills.