PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Len Dawson

Archie F. Swin
02-07-2020, 11:31 AM
I live six hours outside the KC media market so I haven't seen every interview nor read every article but I don't recall hearing from Leonard in the wake of all the Super Bowl LIV buzz. Is he in very poor health? I know he's in his mid-'80s.

Is he in the same boat as Marty?

Halfcan
02-07-2020, 11:33 AM
I am pretty concerned that he is in failing health. There was nothing from him directly that I have seen?

Frazod
02-07-2020, 11:36 AM
I was wondering about this myself. This is all I could find - a public appearance about a week ago.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MhCOuAJYxkM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oldman
02-07-2020, 11:37 AM
He was at the studio (KMBC) lately, so I think he's sort of OK. https://www.kmbc.com/article/len-dawson-drops-by-kmbc-s-studios-to-cheer-on-chiefs/30696631

FlaChief58
02-07-2020, 11:37 AM
Yeah, not hearing anything from him is definitely not a good sign. Let's hope he was able to enjoy the game at least.

suzzer99
02-07-2020, 11:55 AM
Well at least he seems all there.

That picture of Marty was poignant because you know even if he grasped what happened, he forgot it a second later. I hate alzheimer's/dementia so much. It's ravaged both sides of my family.

Every single day I think about how to make sure I never wind up in a home or with someone taking care of me like my aunt has to do with my oldest uncle now. Or several of my friends are doing. It's such a gigantic burden on the whole family. I used to always say I'll just fall off a mountain. But someone died trying to find a lost hiker on Mt. Baldy a few weeks ago. So that's not cool to put people through that.

Randallflagg
02-07-2020, 11:56 AM
I hope that he is OK - but at our age, it is sometimes a "challenge" to get out and about.

JohnnyHammersticks
02-07-2020, 12:16 PM
Well at least he seems all there.

That picture of Marty was poignant because you know even if he grasped what happened, he forgot it a second later. I hate alzheimer's/dementia so much. It's ravaged both sides of my family.

Every single day I think about how to make sure I never wind up in a home or with someone taking care of me like my aunt has to do with my oldest uncle now. Or several of my friends are doing. It's such a gigantic burden on the whole family. I used to always say I'll just fall off a mountain. But someone died trying to find a lost hiker on Mt. Baldy a few weeks ago. So that's not cool to put people through that.

Losing my mother to Alzheimer's/Parkinson's. Most brutal thing I've ever experienced by a magnitude of a million. No words for it. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. To see a woman who was always the center of attention and the life of the party reduced to what she is now is soul-crushing. The only positive is that they have money so she's been able to stay in her home with full-time care.

If you have a family history of it, make turmeric a part of your daily health regimen.

suzzer99
02-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Hey good news - I already take curcumin every day for inflammation! That's what I want to take right?

JohnnyV13
02-07-2020, 12:24 PM
Hey good news - I already take curcumin every day for inflammation! That's what I want to take right?

Yes.

Tumeric is a spice. Curcurmin is the active ingredient that fights inflammation.

Naptown Chief
02-07-2020, 12:26 PM
I've also had to witness the horrific nature of Alzheimer's and dementia. I honestly cannot think of anything more painful to watch.

gblowfish
02-07-2020, 12:28 PM
When I got to talk to Clark Hunt six weeks ago, he said Lenny had "good and bad days." He's just old, man...

Eleazar
02-07-2020, 12:38 PM
I'm sure he's just in his 80s and didn't want to travel.

JimNasium
02-07-2020, 12:46 PM
I met a guy in Miami at the Super Bowl Experience that is close friends with the Dawson family. He relayed to me that Lenny is having cognitive issues and that explains the lack of public appearances.

Wallcrawler
02-07-2020, 01:16 PM
He had to be in bad shape to miss that Lamar Hunt trophy presentation, and Superbowl.

Really sucks.

Hammock Parties
02-07-2020, 01:17 PM
you'll see him soon

he has a trophy to present

Demonpenz
02-07-2020, 02:51 PM
He will hang on just enough to make sure people are happy to see him with the trophy. I hope I just die.