PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Frank Clark on ESPN

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-07-2020, 06:59 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d-upjM9jm9c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OU_Ogh28aV8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iAzKSwov4N4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave
02-07-2020, 07:02 PM
Jimmy as top 5 is very diplomatic of him.

Megatron96
02-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Just watched this (or one very similar) a little while ago. Good stuff.

Megatron96
02-07-2020, 07:06 PM

I thought he said "top-10"?

Raiderhater
02-07-2020, 07:07 PM

He did. He said he’s NOT top five, but top ten definitely.

I would still consider that being diplomatic though.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Clark is probably still hungover

Megatron96
02-07-2020, 07:10 PM

I concur. Jimmy is basically another version of Kirk Cousins. He might be a little better.

In his defense, he's only started about 30 games? He could mature into a better QB before his career is over.

eDave
02-07-2020, 07:11 PM

Whoopsies. Still diplomatic by a hair.

dlphg9
02-07-2020, 07:26 PM
I concur. Jimmy is basically another version of Kirk Cousins. He might be a little better.

In his defense, he's only started about 30 games? He could mature into a better QB before his career is over.

Jimmy is basically Alex Smith with out the ability to run. Kirk Cousins is better than both of them.

Reerun_KC
02-07-2020, 07:58 PM
Jimmy is basically Alex Smith with out the ability to run. Kirk Cousins is better than both of them.

This.

HemiEd
02-07-2020, 08:11 PM

Rewatch it, he said top 10

Chiefspants
02-07-2020, 09:29 PM

I disagree. Alex did not turn the ball over and also was more hesitant to take shots 15+ yards. Jimmy didn’t hesitate to do that. He also was close to 4,000 yards in his first full season as a starter (with 18 turnovers to boot).

After watching the game I think I agree with the Cousins comparison more.

RedRaider56
02-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Clark was very diplomatic. On a couple of other interviews I watched, it seemed like the was having a tough time. One of the interviewers asked him if he was alright, heard he was a little under the weather. :)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-07-2020, 09:35 PM
Clark was very diplomatic. On a couple of other interviews I watched, it seemed like the was having a tough time. One of the interviewers asked him if he was alright, heard he was a little under the weather. :)

Dude is so hungover lol

Mahomes_Is_God
02-07-2020, 09:37 PM
How many times does he say "mother fucker" during the interview?

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-07-2020, 09:42 PM
How many times does he say "mother ****er" during the interview?

Zero, he did good

kcclone
02-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Did a 49er player steal his lunch money when he was a kid? Frank seems to hate everything about them. Can't say I'm not enjoying it. He's a dog, and we needed that on D.

RedRaider56
02-07-2020, 09:48 PM
Dude is so hungover lol

I know. The interviewer was being diplomatic LOL

arrowheadnation
02-07-2020, 10:01 PM
I was watching some of these videos earlier. I think he may have dozed off or something during Inside the NFL. The lady anchor said something like are you alright, do we need to get you something to drink? and when the camera panned to him, he was hanging his head. I think she said he may have been sick or something.....probably a combo of still being hung over and jet lagged.

suzzer99
02-07-2020, 10:13 PM
I love Clark. Dude is borderline out of control on the field, intimidating the shit out of the other team, and then clearly smart and says all the right things to the media when things calm down.

He's is like the NFL player version of "great girl to meet you parents, whore in the bedroom". Perfect combo.

He's obviously a really smart guy too - which is always a plus.

ChiefsFanatic
02-07-2020, 10:17 PM
Clark was very diplomatic. On a couple of other interviews I watched, it seemed like the was having a tough time. One of the interviewers asked him if he was alright, heard he was a little under the weather. :)He had the hiccups the entire time. That had to suck while being interviewed by 3 people. I think Frank did great on all his television appearances. He is a thoughtful guy, but does have some trouble expressing himself sometimes.

I would not have been so critical of him early in the year if I had known about the nerve issue sooner. I don't feel bad about being critical, but the Chiefs were definitely keeping the nature of the injury quiet.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Buehler445
02-07-2020, 10:33 PM

I'd say he's in the neighborhood of top 10. You can win with that guy.

I thought Clark equated himself well. Those were some tough questions. Put a number on it Frank - is this dude top 10? Or should mahomes take money if it means dumping Chris Jones?

I thought he did well there.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-07-2020, 11:56 PM
Another interview added to the op

Basileus777
02-08-2020, 12:29 AM
Jimmy G isn't a top 10 QB. The guy is just super limited in what he can do.

He's not good at throwing down the field or outside the numbers. He's not mobile (he's a statue compared to most modern QBs) and doesn't handle pressure well. He's actually pretty turnover prone. He's not comfortable in the drop back passing game, almost all of his production comes off of playaction to easy reads over the middle of the field. The guy is also 28 and has played his entire 7 year career under excellent coaching staffs, there's not much reason to think he's going to dramatically change as a player.

Mahomes_Is_God
02-08-2020, 01:19 AM
Zero, he did good
NO! I want him to become the Samuel Jackson of the NFL.

Frosty
02-08-2020, 01:34 AM
Did a 49er player steal his lunch money when he was a kid? Frank seems to hate everything about them. Can't say I'm not enjoying it. He's a dog, and we needed that on D.

Former division rival. Also, iirc, he and Sherman had some words after Sherman left the Seahawks.

Buehler445
02-08-2020, 01:44 AM

He's not good at throwing down the field or outside the numbers. He's not mobile (he's a statue compared to most modern QBs) and doesn't handle pressure well. He's actually pretty turnover prone. He's not comfortable in the drop back passing game, almost all of his production comes off of playaction to easy reads over the middle of the field. The guy is also 28 and has played his entire 7 year career under excellent coaching staffs, there's not much reason to think he's going to dramatically change as a player.

All that is sound. Fact is there aren't many good QB's in the league.

Here's my list

1. Mahomes (duh)
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Wentz
5. Brees - if he doesn't retire
6. Stafford
7. Watson

I think Garroppolo fits in a tier with in no particular order
Fitzmagic
Foles
Tannehill
Dak
Goff
Cousins
Matt Ryan
Jackson

That gets you to 16. Top Half. Here's the fucking rest of the fucking fuck in no fucking order, because fuck.

Carr
Whatever fuck the Chargers fuck up.
Lock
Brady
Allen
Darnold
Brissett
Big Rape - if he doesn't retire.
Baker
Whatever fuck career the Bengals decide to ruin
Daniel Jones
Haskins
Kyler Murray
Trubitchsky
Cam
Brissett

I've got him 10-16 in a mush of guys that aren't good enough.

BigRedChief
02-08-2020, 09:23 AM
Clark was very diplomatic. On a couple of other interviews I watched, it seemed like the was having a tough time. One of the interviewers asked him if he was alright, heard he was a little under the weather. :)What kind of hangover lasts for 2 days?

Do you need to take a break? :)

suzzer99
02-08-2020, 10:59 AM
What kind of hangover lasts for 2 days?

Blow

RealSNR
02-08-2020, 11:06 AM
All that is sound. Fact is there aren't many good QB's in the league.

Here's my list

1. Mahomes (duh)
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Wentz
5. Brees - if he doesn't retire
6. Stafford
7. Watson

I think Garroppolo fits in a tier with in no particular order
Fitzmagic
Foles
Tannehill
Dak
Goff
Cousins
Matt Ryan
Jackson

That gets you to 16. Top Half. Here's the fucking rest of the fucking fuck in no fucking order, because fuck.

Carr
Whatever fuck the Chargers fuck up.
Lock
Brady
Allen
Darnold
Brissett
Big Rape - if he doesn't retire.
Baker
Whatever fuck career the Bengals decide to ruin
Daniel Jones
Haskins
Kyler Murray
Trubitchsky
Cam
Brissett

I've got him 10-16 in a mush of guys that aren't good enough.

BWAAAHHHHH how dar u not put brady 1 cuz he won all that shit since 50000 years ago he gratist all tim!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Simply Red
02-08-2020, 11:06 AM
solid share Hog - sleeper YT video - had not seen that one.

Imon Yourside
02-08-2020, 11:37 AM
I'll add in Demarcus Robinson as well...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AR8YRgkyC2k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus
02-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Frank was a Seahawk. They were his rivals for a few years.

Counterpoint: Garoppolo's started fewer games than Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen.

Buehler445
02-08-2020, 12:10 PM
BWAAAHHHHH how dar u not put brady 1 cuz he won all that shit since 50000 years ago he gratist all tim!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Right?

There are a few guys that are good and then a whole bunch of guys that you could Maybe win with, and then a bunch more trash. I guess its' not any difference than it's ever been, but our guy is on top for once. I think the difference is now, there aren't many guys that are good that have experience.

Demonpenz
02-08-2020, 12:19 PM
I don't love JG. But he did just get to the Superbowl. Got to an NFC title game. Couple rings as a backup.

Wallcrawler
02-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Poor Frank. Caught the fucking hiccups in one of his interviews. God that sucks. Hes trying to talk and you hear him keep getting interrupted by hiccups in the middle of his answers.

Beef Supreme
02-08-2020, 03:37 PM
There was one Frank Clark interview where he had the hiccups the whole time. Rofl

Missed it by that much.

Halfcan
02-08-2020, 03:39 PM
I don't love JG. But he did just get to the Superbowl. Got to an NFC title game. Couple rings as a backup.

James Armondo Garoppolo is an American football quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League.

JAG is way overpaid and will be wearing out his welcome soon.

Okay, Armondo is not really his middle name- it is Richard- but JAG looks more fitting. ;)

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2020, 04:03 PM
There was one Frank Clark interview where he had the hiccups the whole time. Rofl

Missed it by that much.

I added it to the OP