PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This guy is spot on! Mahomes is a magnet.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-09-2020, 11:50 AM
Wouldn't this all be wonderful??????

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KNPyD6SmWp8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-09-2020, 12:02 PM
Use the extra money to build the OL into a power house. Sign Derrick Henry to close out games .Draft a WR this year. Tons of good ones then keep drafting Defense. Dynasty.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-09-2020, 12:07 PM
His brand would be worth more with more championships. If that translates to more cash?

Kiimo
02-09-2020, 12:15 PM
lol on signing Derrick Henry

Easy 6
02-09-2020, 12:15 PM
Use the extra money to build the OL into a power house. Sign Derrick Henry to close out games .Draft a WR this year. Tons of good ones then keep drafting Defense. Dynasty.

Loves me some Henry, he’s a legit monster... but dude just isn’t Andy Reid material

scho63
02-09-2020, 12:17 PM
I've stated this a long time ago in other threads and even created one on this very subject .

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317686&page=3

:p

ghak99
02-09-2020, 12:22 PM
I've been waiting for that QB as well.

A lot of us are in careers that are not as financially rewarding as what was offered by another option. Why? Because it's what we want to do. Sure, 40 million wasn't at stake when we made our decision, but life is time and time is priceless. Eventually, there's going to be a QB that says fuck it, I'm already rich, I want to win, and win a lot. You'd damn sure have to have the right owner, office, coach, and QB in place for that kind of trust to happen.

The new agreement might eliminate a lot of this decision though, so we may not get the chance to see a player chose the team over 10 million dollars a year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-09-2020, 12:23 PM
Loves me some Henry, he’s a legit monster... but dude just isn’t Andy Reid material

I disagree. When Andy has a lead late he likes to try and run the clock but fails because we can't run the clock. He needs to let Mahomes throw for 1st downs but hates to do that. If he had Henry and kept him somewhat fresh for the 2nd half I think we would just put games away. I Love Damien too, let him play until we need to close.
Just think what a two back set would look like with those two guys. we would be a running machine along with Mahomes incredible talent.
Andy knows how to scheme.

In the mean time find those Road graders to lead the way

DRM08
02-09-2020, 12:26 PM
I've been waiting for that QB as well.

A lot of us are in careers that are not as financially rewarding as what was offered by another option. Why? Because it's what we want to do. Sure, 40 million wasn't at stake when we made our decision, but life is time and time is priceless. Eventually, there's going to be a QB that says **** it, I'm already rich, I want to win, and win a lot. You'd damn sure have to have the right owner, office, coach, and QB in place for that kind of trust to happen.

The new agreement might eliminate a lot of this decision though, so we may not get the chance to see a player chose the team over 10 million dollars a year.

I'd rather see a separate salary cap for "franchise" players, whether it's the QB or someone like Aaron Donald. Great players should not be forced to do discounts just to have a decent team around them. That's bullshit, especially in a violent sport where a career can end in the snap of a finger.

Easy 6
02-09-2020, 12:34 PM
I disagree. When Andy has a lead late he likes to try and run the clock but fails because we can't run the clock. He needs to let Mahomes throw for 1st downs but hates to do that. If he had Henry and kept him somewhat fresh for the 2nd half I think we would just put games away. I Love Damien too, let him play until we need to close.
Just think what a two back set would look like with those two guys. we would be a running machine along with Mahomes incredible talent.

Were it up to me, I’d FIND a way to fit him into the scheme

Just saying it’s impossible to envision Reid going for it, Henry simply isn’t much of a receiver

chiefzilla1501
02-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Can you imagine being a fan waiting for news about signing Dak Prescott or Jameis Winston to a long term break the bank deal? This whole thing feels like a dream. Patrick mahomes has ruined watching the Chiefs in the 2040s.

ghak99
02-09-2020, 12:39 PM
I'd rather see a separate salary cap for "franchise" players, whether it's the QB or someone like Aaron Donald. Great players should not be forced to do discounts just to have a decent team around them. That's bullshit, especially in a violent sport where a career can end in the snap of a finger.

I don't really disagree, but eventually you run out of ways to manipulate the cap and it all comes crashing down. So it's get paid and be Rodgers or still get paid but be Brady. I'm surprised a QB hasn't found a way to say, "Hey, I'll give up X million if you spend it on one of these two sure fire HOF LTs" or receiver weapons or whatever position player they think they need.

If they separate the Qb from the cap, it makes all this moot and KC is in the drivers seat for years and years to come. Having a broke dick owner would be the sucking point in that situation. Jerry would make it rain on PM's grandchildren's grandchildren just to go out winning.

chiefzilla1501
02-09-2020, 12:44 PM
His brand would be worth more with more championships. If that translates to more cash?

Absolutely. I still believe mahomes will become the most marketable player in recent nfl history. He's going to make a shitload of cash in the next few years between the new contract and endorsements. Hopefully once he collects enough, which he has earned, he will then start focusing on building his legacy. It's something Rodgers didn't do and I bet he wish he did

AJKCFAN
02-09-2020, 12:46 PM

The cap hit will make the cost not worth it. Chiefs if they really want to can invest a Day 2 draft pick on a RB like that. I’d rather they fortify the OL with their draft picks. Maybe it’s just me but I thought Darrel Williams was decent this year. With Mahomes, a dominant RB really isn’t a top priority but rather a luxury...

DRM08
02-09-2020, 12:47 PM
If they separate the Qb from the cap, it makes all this moot and KC is in the drivers seat for years and years to come. Having a broke dick owner would be the sucking point in that situation. Jerry would make it rain on PM's grandchildren's grandchildren just to go out winning.

That's why the league would have to put a cap on the "franchise" player salaries. Maximum would be something like $60M. I think the Hunt family can afford this.

AJKCFAN
02-09-2020, 12:48 PM
The cap hit will make the cost not worth it. Chiefs if they really want to can invest a Day 2 draft pick on a RB like that. I’d rather they fortify the OL with their draft picks. Maybe it’s just me but I thought Darrel Williams was decent this year. With Mahomes, a dominant RB really isn’t a top priority but rather a luxury...

Should edit to say of course Damien Williams is the unquestioned starter. I just added Darrel Williams because I do think he’s a fixture in the rotation without needing to target a RB in FA. Also am a believer in Darwin Thompson’s talent and potential and he’s worthy of another year to see what we have in him.

DRM08
02-09-2020, 12:50 PM
Absolutely. I still believe mahomes will become the most marketable player in recent nfl history. He's going to make a shitload of cash in the next few years between the new contract and endorsements. Hopefully once he collects enough, which he has earned, he will then start focusing on building his legacy. It's something Rodgers didn't do and I bet he wish he did

I think Aaron Rodgers believes he is too smart to be a football player. He believes he is above the game. That's the attitude he portrays IMHO. I don't think he gives a damn about his legacy in the game. Unfortunately for him he's not talented enough at anything else in the world to make $34M per year. So he's going through the motions as a football player to collect his money.

displacedinMN
02-09-2020, 01:03 PM
also bringing fans to the Chiefs. Non Chief fans cannot believe how good he is and are very jealous.

May be bringing fans back to the NFL....He is the Anti-Kap.

wazu
02-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Fans always think this. I don't think it ever matters much. If you are a mostly winning team you can land free agents just as easily as the team with the #1 QB that just won the Super Bowl. I also do not expect Mahomes to give Chiefs a discount. Would love it if he did, but unless we hear some report indicating this is going to happen, we can put the odds at less than 1%.

Everything the Chiefs did to get this championship has now been validated. My feeling is now the Chiefs need to be thinking of ways to accumulate and use draft picks to load up the team with talented players on rookie deals. Trying to be a magnet for free agents is not the goal.

Beef Supreme
02-09-2020, 01:44 PM
This kid really does a decent job with his little show considering that I'm pretty sure it is straight out of his mom's basement. But the smug looks and ridiculous hand gestures kinda makes me want to punch him in the face.

BossChief
02-09-2020, 01:46 PM
1) He already limits his endorsement deals (and has since his rookie year) to focus on the sport.

2) If Mahomes takes a discount, EVERYONE ELSE WILL TOO. That counts our own free agents and vets we have a spot for.

Rasputin
02-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Let some other team spend their cap space on O' Henry and that's an insult to Damian Williams who just piss pounded the Forty Niners in the Super Bowl and beasted throughout the playoffs. We don't need O'Henry but we do need depth like every position needs depth.

I trust Veach in finding a running back that can contribute but i don't see anyone up seating Damian Williams as our feature back.