PDA

View Full Version : Life Damn the Flu

O.city
02-10-2020, 02:16 PM
Man, I haven’t been down like this for a while. 5 days of being on the couch not able to do anything.

All 3 kids have had it but they had flu shots and tamiflu so it didn’t hit them very hard.

Not me though. Will definitely be getting a flu shot next year, not going thru this again. Today is day 6, no fever but still weak and can’t get off the couch. Hopefully can go back to work tomorrow. Lost about 14 pounds, coughing my head off.

Hope none of you get it.

ptlyon
02-10-2020, 02:22 PM
Hope none of you get it.

Disinfecting my phone now. Thanks.

JimNasium
02-10-2020, 02:22 PM
Both the wife and I had it in Florida and I was praying for death. It took me a full two weeks to feel human again.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Nut up

Beef Supreme
02-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Coronavirus confirmed.

digger
02-10-2020, 02:35 PM
https://i.redd.it/y55byb279vc41.jpg

O.city
02-10-2020, 02:35 PM
Nut up

Man I’ve tried

I haven’t legit been this sick in a long time

LiveSteam
02-10-2020, 02:38 PM
Sorry man.
Hope you feel better soon.
Id take the 5 days in bed before id ever inject some Government syrup into my body.
Thats just me. Though.

ptlyon
02-10-2020, 02:38 PM
Sorry man.
Id take the 5 days in bed before id ever inject some Government syrup into my body.
Thats just me. Though.

No, it's not just you.

alpha_omega
02-10-2020, 02:40 PM
Just curious, but how much of a hassle is it to reschedule all your patients when your down for 5 or more days?

Only answer if you feel like it...get well soon!

Chiefs4TheWin
02-10-2020, 02:41 PM
Took 5 posts for a corona virus joke.. not too bad. We could be quicker. Hope ya feel better.

O.city
02-10-2020, 02:42 PM
Just curious, but how much of a hassle is it to reschedule all your patients when your down for 5 or more days?

Only answer if you feel like it...get well soon!

It’s a hassle. Most of them understand

Frosty
02-10-2020, 02:46 PM
I was super sick with the flu over Christmas and New Years last year (2018) so decided to get the flu shot this year for the first time. My wife works at an elementary school so is always bringing some plague or another home (she was sick all last weekend) and so far, so good for me.

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Sorry man.
Thats just me. Though.

No shit. The only reason he is sicker is because his cells are older. They get the wrong strain every year. It cracks me up that people think that getting the wrong strain helps them not be as sick.

On that note I hope you get better.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-10-2020, 02:49 PM
Wish all you guys would put the flu bomb recipe on your fridge. You wouldn't have to go through this shit.

BWillie
02-10-2020, 02:52 PM
I would imagine it's 20x times more likely you can get the flu if you have little kids. Hang in there buddy

O.city
02-10-2020, 02:55 PM
No shit. The only reason he is sicker is because his cells are older. They get the wrong strain every year. It cracks me up that people think that getting the wrong strain helps them not be as sick.

Which cells are older? Be specific here.

Even if you have the “wrong” strain in the shot, it’s going to elicit an immune response which is going to shorten the illness if or when the actual live virus is contracted

TLO
02-10-2020, 03:05 PM

"antivaxx69 has entered the chat"

58-4ever
02-10-2020, 03:09 PM
it was awful for my son. The night before the superbowl, his temp was above 105, which caused me to cancel my Vegas trip to watch the Chiefs and throw some bets down.

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Which cells are older? Be specific here.

Even if you have the “wrong” strain in the shot, it’s going to elicit an immune response which is going to shorten the illness if or when the actual live virus is contracted

http://www.microbiologybook.org/bowers/immune%20cells.htm

I'm not going to do all that.

The adjuvant does not make your system indefinitely stronger against random whatever. Seriously?

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2020, 03:26 PM
"antivaxx69 has entered the chat"

For the billionth time I am not anti-vax. I'm for safer vaccinations which are not promoted now due to removal of liability through the use of the vaccination court. No other industry enjoys this privilege.

I am also for not mandating medical procedure.

It seems any time I have ever posted on this which is hardly ever over the last 10 years the liars like yourself like to do the shout down so I am out. What he believes about the adjuvant should be self-evident but not here at CP.

F150
02-10-2020, 03:27 PM
stay off my screen with that shit

Please

And wishing you to be healthy as soon as possible

O.city
02-10-2020, 03:45 PM
http://www.microbiologybook.org/bowers/immune%20cells.htm

I'm not going to do all that.

The adjuvant does not make your system indefinitely stronger against random whatever. Seriously?

Random whatever? What are you talking about?

You’re probably right this isn’t the place for this so carry on

scho63
02-10-2020, 03:47 PM
You have any Chinese dental patients recently? :hmmm:

Dayze
02-10-2020, 04:21 PM
I got it this year; same thing, down for the count for an entire week; missed 5 days of work. this is all after i got a flu shot while getting meds bronchitis 3 weeks prior. . 1st flu shot in probably 8 years.

worst 'sick' I've been in.....I don't even know how long.

TLO
02-10-2020, 04:35 PM
For the billionth time I am not anti-vax. I'm for safer vaccinations which are not promoted now due to removal of liability through the use of the vaccination court. No other industry enjoys this privilege.

I am also for not mandating medical procedure.

It seems any time I have ever posted on this which is hardly ever over the last 10 years the liars like yourself like to do the shout down so I am out. What he believes about the adjuvant should be self-evident but not here at CP.

Ok anti-vaxxer

gblowfish
02-10-2020, 04:47 PM
Chinese New Year just ended. The country is still locked down on quarantine for probably two more weeks. My company gets a lot of our goods from China. No new work for the next two weeks, and this is after two weeks of CNY. So nothing out of China for a month. That's a big problem with all the stuff that is made in China. Stores will start running low on a lot of stuff, you watch...

seamonster
02-10-2020, 04:57 PM
During the superbowl I had a fucking banging case of type-A flu. In the 4th I had a 103 degree temperature and was using frozen foods under the arms (internet research) to lower the body temperature...desperation.

Never been that sick in my life and that crap has lingered, even with Tamaflu.

Buehler445
02-10-2020, 05:02 PM
Feel better my man.

O.city
02-22-2020, 10:13 PM
Well took me about 8 days but I finally kicked it

4 year old ended up getting the puking and diarrhea sickness this past week and I hit a deer in my truck

Other than the chiefs winning a Super Bowl February can fuck off

LiveSteam
02-22-2020, 10:17 PM
Ya thats rough.

Buehler445
02-22-2020, 10:20 PM
Glad you're feeling better. Now don't give that shit to me. Motherfucker.

MOhillbilly
02-22-2020, 10:32 PM
The whole squad got it after the parade.

Nickhead
02-23-2020, 03:35 AM
Wish all you guys would put the flu bomb recipe on your fridge. You wouldn't have to go through this shit.

i don't think ram rodding pigs is a feasable option for most people? :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-23-2020, 08:27 AM
During the superbowl I had a fucking banging case of type-A flu. In the 4th I had a 103 degree temperature and was using frozen foods under the arms (internet research) to lower the body temperature...desperation.

Never been that sick in my life and that crap has lingered, even with Tamaflu.

Tamiflu is not effective if not used within 40 hours of symptom onset, and only reduces symptoms by about 8 hours in otherwise healthy adults. There generally isn't much point to use it unless you are very young, old, or are otherwise immunocompromised.

Unfortunately, it is likely to be OTC soon, which means that any efficacy it does have will be ruined by people who use it for any type of illness, or aren't appropriately adherent.

SAGA45
02-23-2020, 09:20 AM
Just got over it. Five days as well. Mainly muscle and head ache, sinus pressure, chills. Theraflu, sudafed and Nyquil guided me through lol

BWillie
02-23-2020, 01:28 PM
I think I am immortal. I caught the flu from my GF. Had a fever of 103. Was oniy out for the count for half a day. Felt fine two days later. She was out for almost 4 days.

First time Ive got the flu since I was a kid. Dec getting flu shot tho moving forward.

Mennonite
02-23-2020, 01:35 PM
So your three kids got the flu shot and got the flu? And then, likely, passed it on to you?

CrazyPhuD
02-23-2020, 01:41 PM
Well took me about 8 days but I finally kicked it

4 year old ended up getting the puking and diarrhea sickness this past week and I hit a deer in my truck

Other than the chiefs winning a Super Bowl February can fuck off

So you caught the Corona and your 4 year old got the Schlitz?

Sorry man glad you're feeling better, at least you know if a few months the only thing you'll remember is the Super Bowl!

Peter Gibbons
02-23-2020, 01:50 PM
I am personally looking forward to later this week when I get to spend 12 hours in an enclosed Petri dish (airplane) with 250+ carriers of diseases. I will be alcohol wiping my seat and using hand sanitizer like it will get me laid. I have been fortunate this year and not had a cold or the flu. I will carry NyQuil and Zycam with me in case things take a turn for the worse. I always hate being ill while traveling abroad so I have developed a healthy case of paranoia and precaution over the years. That being said, I am sure some poor excuse for a parent will allow their evil seed to spread their snotty nose germs over the imprisoned masses while they are oblivious due to sharing pics of there awesome getaway with people who are not actually their friends.

Deberg_1990
02-23-2020, 01:59 PM
I haven’t felt good since I got back from China a week or so ago.