In a 3rd-and-15+ situation:

13 of 17

299 yards

3 TDs

0 INT

6 of those plays went for 1st downs or TDs

QBR 99.9

QBR for all other QBs in a similar situation, including playoffs: 4.7

In the SB, 3rd-and-15+ IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, all other QBs in Super Bowl history: 0-for-37.

In the entire Super Bowl, in its history, facing 3rd-and-15+, all previous QBs managed just 7-out-of-121.

The stats speak for themselves. He's not human.

Hammock Parties
02-10-2020, 09:11 PM
SuperMahomes

From Planet Throwton

ClarkGriswold
02-10-2020, 09:11 PM
Patrick Mahomes is not human:

3rd-and-15+

13 of 17

299 yards

3 TDs

0 INT

QBR 99.9

In the SB, 3rd-and-15+ IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, all other QBs in Super Bowl history: 0-for-37.

In the entire Super Bowl, in its history, facing 3rd-and-15+, all previous QBs managed just 7-out-of-121.

Impressive indeed!!!!!

KCFalcon59
02-10-2020, 09:12 PM
It's pretty obvious that Jesus Christ has risen again in Patrick Mahomes and wants to play football for the Chiefs.

FlaChief58
02-10-2020, 09:14 PM
50 years of suffering was enough for the football Gods to bestow upon us the one above all others.

dlphg9
02-10-2020, 09:19 PM
How many times did we have 3rd and 15 in the SB

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Gonna soon be a burden on our cap.

Start Moore, trade Mahomes for a 2nd

Megatron96
02-10-2020, 09:24 PM
How many times did we have 3rd and 15 in the SB

IIRC, just the one time in the Super Bowl.

But at least 3 times in the playoffs, one each game. Possibly 4 times.

DRM08
02-10-2020, 09:27 PM
Typical stats don't really do justice to how good he is. Some of the advanced stats are pretty mindblowing.

Ubeja Vontell
02-10-2020, 09:30 PM
We have to go all the way back to the 1880's to find somebody close to this non human Mahomes.

Lon Myers

Representing the Manhattan Athletic Club in 1879, Myers captured the first of three consecutive national titles in the 220-yard dash, the first of six consecutive national titles in the 440-yard dash, and the first of two consecutive national titles in the 880-yard dash. As an amateur he remained undefeated in the quarter mile. In 1879 he became the first runner to cover that distance in less than 50 seconds, clocking 49.2 seconds. Myers also earned four consecutive Canadian titles from 1880 to 1883 and two British titles in 1881 and 1885. In the 1881 British 440 title race, he clocked 48.6 seconds, but the remarkable time was not recognized as an official world record because of the downward-sloping homestretch. That time, had it been accepted, would have earned Myers every U.S. championship through 1929.

Upon retiring from amateur competition in 1885, Myers had established world records for 50 yards (5.5 seconds), 100 yards (10 seconds), 220 yards (22.5 seconds), 300 yards (31.6 seconds), 660 yards (1:22), 880 yards (1:55.4), 1,000 yards (2:13), and one mile (4:27.6).

FringeNC
02-10-2020, 09:40 PM
Just think if a team had the option of taking a 4th and 15 instead of kicking off, as is proposed. No lead would EVER be safe against the Chiefs.

493rd
02-10-2020, 09:49 PM
I’d be interested to know what Alex Smith was in those situations during his time in KC. I’d guess significantly lower because Mahomes is unbelievable and a generational talent. Oh, and Alex times 1000.

digger
02-10-2020, 10:06 PM
Throw it deep son...And deep he threw it...

Hammock Parties
02-10-2020, 10:17 PM
You really gotta pity the poor sap that comes after Mahomes.

It's gonna be like Brian Griese replacing John Elway or Jay Fiedler taking over for Marino.

Fucking sad! Chiefs football is going to DIE!

TimBone
02-10-2020, 10:25 PM
He's not bad.

PAChiefsGuy
02-10-2020, 10:31 PM
Yeah he is something else.

RINGLEADER
02-10-2020, 10:43 PM

It's gonna be like Brian Griese replacing John Elway or Jay Fiedler taking over for Marino.

****ing sad! Chiefs football is going to DIE!

If he plays as long as Brady I’ll be well into my 70s by then. Although with Pat at QB I’m sure to add a few years to my life since there won’t be as much stress...

comochiefsfan
02-10-2020, 10:46 PM

Brett Veach found Mahomes.

As long as he’s still here then Brett will find his successor as well.

BigRedChief
02-10-2020, 11:12 PM
Teams against the 49er’s defense were 2-45 converting 3 and 15 or longer.

Dunerdr
02-11-2020, 07:13 AM

Are we still pushing this narrative like JD didnt pull the trigger?

FringeNC
02-11-2020, 07:26 AM
Are we still pushing this narrative like JD didnt pull the trigger?

I read something interesting that Dorsey almost was cut out. Veach implored Andy to take the guy, and Andy actually negotiated the trade. It was on Twitter, so take it for what it's worth...

PAChiefsGuy
02-11-2020, 07:35 AM

Stop kidding yourself. QBs like Mahomes don't grow on trees.

Dayze
02-11-2020, 07:41 AM
I'm starting to think this kind my have the clutch gene.

~

DRM08
02-11-2020, 07:43 AM
Stop kidding yourself. QBs like Mahomes don't grow on trees.

Maybe one in every 5-7 drafts.

Rodgers - 2005 draft
Wilson - 2012 draft
Mahomes - 2017 draft

TwistedChief
02-11-2020, 07:43 AM
Yeah but did he have the flu shot?

notorious
02-11-2020, 07:46 AM
3rd and 15 used to be an automatic punt with Smith.

PAChiefsGuy
02-11-2020, 07:47 AM

Rodgers - 2005 draft
Wilson - 2012 draft
Mahomes - 2017 draft

You think Wilson is as good as Mahomes and Rodgers?

Buehler445
02-11-2020, 07:49 AM
As a guy that works with different kinds of numbers every day, I have trouble wrapping my mind about that 3rd and 15+ stuff. That is other worldly.

Rodgers - 2005 draft
Wilson - 2012 draft
Mahomes - 2017 draft

I love those other 2 guys and was definitely jealous pre-Mahomes. But those guys aren't Mahomes. Maybe they could get there in time, but the dude is wired differently.

DRM08
02-11-2020, 07:51 AM

He's really, really damn good. Has very similar ability to throw across his body, extremely rare talent in that regard. Very elusive scrambling around. All 3 of them are pretty similar in these talents. We've repeatedly seen Russell drag his team on his back after trailing by large point margins. We're starting to see the same with Mahomes as well.

I think Aaron is over the hill now. Injuries and Father Time finally catching up to him in recent years. So the only two QB's in the league that are legitimately worth a top dollar contract are Wilson/Mahomes.

Dayze
02-11-2020, 07:57 AM
He's really, really damn good. Has very similar ability to throw across his body, extremely rare talent in that regard. Very elusive scrambling around. All 3 of them are pretty similar in these talents. We've repeatedly seen Russell drag his team on his back after trailing by large point margins. We're starting to see the same with Mahomes as well.

I think Aaron is over the hill now. Injuries and Father Time finally catching up to him in recent years. So the only two QB's in the league that are legitimately worth a top dollar contract are Wilson/Mahomes.

Rodgers looks disinterested in football anymore.
at least, whenever adversity is present. Dude looks checked out to me.

PAChiefsGuy
02-11-2020, 08:00 AM

You are crazy if you think Wilson is as good as Rodgers or Mahomes. Wilson has never dragged Seahawks on his back. Seahawks won and got to their SBs mainly because of their defense. Rodgers and Mahomes won their SBs mainly due to their ability to constantly make plays under pressure and a solid defense but neither had a D like Wilson had.

Wilson is good but Mahomes is on another level. Rodgers too especially when Rodgers was in his prime.

Skyy God
02-11-2020, 08:11 AM
We have to go all the way back to the 1880's to find somebody close to this non human Mahomes.

Lon Myers

Representing the Manhattan Athletic Club in 1879, Myers captured the first of three consecutive national titles in the 220-yard dash, the first of six consecutive national titles in the 440-yard dash, and the first of two consecutive national titles in the 880-yard dash. As an amateur he remained undefeated in the quarter mile. In 1879 he became the first runner to cover that distance in less than 50 seconds, clocking 49.2 seconds. Myers also earned four consecutive Canadian titles from 1880 to 1883 and two British titles in 1881 and 1885. In the 1881 British 440 title race, he clocked 48.6 seconds, but the remarkable time was not recognized as an official world record because of the downward-sloping homestretch. That time, had it been accepted, would have earned Myers every U.S. championship through 1929.

Upon retiring from amateur competition in 1885, Myers had established world records for 50 yards (5.5 seconds), 100 yards (10 seconds), 220 yards (22.5 seconds), 300 yards (31.6 seconds), 660 yards (1:22), 880 yards (1:55.4), 1,000 yards (2:13), and one mile (4:27.6).

Which genius let UV out of Romper prison?

DRM08
02-11-2020, 08:12 AM
You are crazy if you think Wilson is as good as Rodgers or Mahomes. Wilson has never dragged Seahawks on his back. Seahawks won and got to their SBs mainly because of their defense. Rodgers and Mahomes won their SBs mainly due to their ability to constantly make plays under pressure and a solid defense but neither had a D like Wilson had.

Wilson is good but Mahomes is on another level. Rodgers too especially when Rodgers was in his prime.

I'm talking about current Wilson, not the 2014 version of him. He has very little decent talent around him and drags their butts to the playoffs.

What's scary for the rest of the NFL is that I think Mahomes has Rodgers' physical talent mixed with Montana/Brady leadership ability. He's only 24 and will keep getting better in numerous areas of the game. Scary stuff for other teams around the league.

PAChiefsGuy
02-11-2020, 08:20 AM
I'm talking about current Wilson, not the 2014 version of him. He has very little decent talent around him and drags their butts to the playoffs.

What's scary for the rest of the NFL is that I think Mahomes has Rodgers' physical talent mixed with Montana/Brady leadership ability. He's only 24 and will keep getting better in numerous areas of the game. Scary stuff for other teams around the league.

I still dont agree that current version of Wilson is on the same level as Mahomes or prime Rodgers but I agree 100% it is scary how good Mahomes can be. Wilson is very good though don't get me wrong.

I know this may not be a popular thing to say on here but I don't know if Mahomes will ever reach Bradys level of leadership for simple fact Brady was willing to take less money so Pats could manage salary cap better and I'm not sure Mahomes will be willing to do that.

But as far as everything else I think Mahomes is everything you want in a leader. He never seems to get too down or too up. Not quiet like Smitty either. He's a baller!!!

BWillie
02-11-2020, 08:22 AM
He learned it all from Alex Smiff.

Wallcrawler
02-11-2020, 08:33 AM
The numbers are superhuman, but what weve cone to expect from this kid.

This is what made the 3rd n 14 surrender screen pass in the first half of the SB so infuriating. They didn't even let him try to get it. I just couldn't understand why they would wave the white flag like that.

To think this guy only has 2 seasons starting under his belt has to be terrifying to the rest of the league.

DRM08
02-11-2020, 08:49 AM
I still dont agree that current version of Wilson is on the same level as Mahomes or prime Rodgers but I agree 100% it is scary how good Mahomes can be. Wilson is very good though don't get me wrong.

I know this may not be a popular thing to say on here but I don't know if Mahomes will ever reach Bradys level of leadership for simple fact Brady was willing to take less money so Pats could manage salary cap better and I'm not sure Mahomes will be willing to do that.

But as far as everything else I think Mahomes is everything you want in a leader. He never seems to get too down or too up. Not quiet like Smitty either. He's a baller!!!

Of course we are talking about a franchise known for cheating. Would it surprise anyone if Kraft was paying Brady under the table?

Wallcrawler
02-11-2020, 08:51 AM

Taking less money has NOTHING to do with leadership. Nothing. Tom married a model with a bazillion dollars. He already has wipe your ass with thousand dollar bills money.

Do you honestly believe that players would follow Mahomes more willingly, and believe in him more because he plays for 20 million a year instead of 40?

Or is it maybe just this guy dragging the team out of the jaws of defeat on the strength of his playmaking ability and emotion.

Now, if you'd like to contend that Pat may not reach 9 superbowls and win 6 because he's not taking discounts to better the team, well that's a fat load of horseshit as well.

People like to believe that Oh Tom Brady. Hes so selfless. Him taking less is why they were sooooooo good.

God. Don't make me ****ing puke. BlLL BELICHICK DOES NOT PAY ANYONE.

ANYONE.

He doesnt pay shit. He has no sentiment. He builds a competetive team and they fall in line to win titles, or they **** off to other teams.

The Chiefs do not run things this way. Sure, let give Frank Clark, Sammy Watkins, Honeybadger and Chris Jones their money, but **** you Patrick, you need to take less?

Nah pimpin. Miss me with that shit.

Patrick is as much of a leader if not more so, than Brady.

Patrick deserves every dime he asks for and it doesnt matter how many players have to leave.

Before you shed tears for the departing, ask yourself if youd rather keep them instead of Mahomes and that frown will turn upside down pretty damn fast.

threebag
02-11-2020, 09:01 AM
SuperMahomes

From Planet Throwton

Too close to “Planeteer TyRowton”

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/632322562245001216/sW9jNsGH_400x400.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
02-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Sweet red and yellow ankle bracelets

Pablo
02-11-2020, 09:30 AM
Too close to “Planeteer TyRowton”

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/632322562245001216/sW9jNsGH_400x400.jpg

That's gotta be the gayest shit I've ever seen, and I've even seen an episode or two of Star Trek.

Molitoth
02-11-2020, 10:30 AM

Unless we have a GM like Veach still pimping the talent.

We could be Favre to Rodgers!
Or Montana to Young.
Or Manning to Luck.

TimeForWasp
02-11-2020, 10:57 AM

Lon Myers

Ubeja has the runs again.

big nasty kcnut
02-11-2020, 11:51 AM
Patrick is from the planet lovetron. Where all the super freaky athletes lives.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-11-2020, 12:05 PM
Damien Williams said that in practice Mahomes would make the receivers and backs run down the field with their eyes closed and hands up and Mahomes would hit them in their hands everytime

ARROW2
02-11-2020, 12:07 PM

Now let's just pump the brakes and wait for more film...We have seen this before.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-11-2020, 12:07 PM

****ing sad! Chiefs football is going to DIE!

I will be in my 70's... and had a good run!:thumb:

smithandrew051
02-11-2020, 12:25 PM
It’s crazy to me how far along Mahomes already is.

Even Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Derek Jeter, Mike Trout, Tom Brady, etc didn’t start a career like this.

Some started with a title early. Others started with an MVP early.

Pretty much no one in any major American Team Sport has been the best player in the League this early and won a title. This is fucking unheard of......AND HE’S A FUCKING CHIEF!

Megatron96
02-11-2020, 12:27 PM
The numbers are superhuman, but what weve cone to expect from this kid.

This is what made the 3rd n 14 surrender screen pass in the first half of the SB so infuriating. They didn't even let him try to get it. I just couldn't understand why they would wave the white flag like that.

To think this guy only has 2 seasons starting under his belt has to be terrifying to the rest of the league.

In one of the 14,000 SB videos I watched, Pat tells someone (another player, a coach, someone) that he threw the checkdown to the screen on that play because he was getting pressure and he didn't think his real target was going to get open. Pat says that he saw the guy get open, but Pat had already turned to thrown the checkdown.

I haven't looked at the play from the coaches POV yet, but if what Pat was saying in that clip is about that specific play (sometimes they edit these things all out of order), then the screen wasn't the real play.

This actually makes sense, if you think about it. Andy and Pat saw very early in the game that screens weren't going to work; the SF LBs were recognizing screens very quickly and reacting too fast for them to be effective. Andy almost immediately stopped calling screens. So why would he call a screen when he knew it probably wasn't going to work?

PAChiefsGuy
02-11-2020, 12:43 PM
Taking less money has NOTHING to do with leadership. Nothing. Tom married a model with a bazillion dollars. He already has wipe your ass with thousand dollar bills money.

Do you honestly believe that players would follow Mahomes more willingly, and believe in him more because he plays for 20 million a year instead of 40?

Or is it maybe just this guy dragging the team out of the jaws of defeat on the strength of his playmaking ability and emotion.

Now, if you'd like to contend that Pat may not reach 9 superbowls and win 6 because he's not taking discounts to better the team, well that's a fat load of horseshit as well.

People like to believe that Oh Tom Brady. Hes so selfless. Him taking less is why they were sooooooo good.

ANYONE.

He doesnt pay shit. He has no sentiment. He builds a competetive team and they fall in line to win titles, or they **** off to other teams.

The Chiefs do not run things this way. Sure, let give Frank Clark, Sammy Watkins, Honeybadger and Chris Jones their money, but **** you Patrick, you need to take less?

Patrick deserves every dime he asks for and it doesnt matter how many players have to leave.

Before you shed tears for the departing, ask yourself if youd rather keep them instead of Mahomes and that frown will turn upside down pretty damn fast.

You're just being a homer. Eli Manning made more money than Brady during his career. That's got nothing to do w BB that's called sacrifice.

Like it or not one of the reasons Brady has 6 SBs is because he was willing to take less money for the betterment of the team. If Mahomes wants to win as many SBs as possible he will do the same. Even if he takes less he won't be able to spend that money in his lifetime.

I'm not going to get mad if he doesnt take a discount but what I am saying is the truth. No one man makes a team.

Clyde Frog
02-11-2020, 02:46 PM
3rd and 15 used to be an automatic punt with Smith.

And being down 10 points was an automatic L.

Donger
02-11-2020, 02:53 PM
Patrick Mahomes is not human:

In a 3rd-and-15+ situation:

13 of 17

299 yards

3 TDs

0 INT

QBR 99.9

That's good. Perhaps the cloning will be easier.

PAChiefsGuy
02-11-2020, 02:56 PM

To be fair Smitty didnt have Watkins when he was here but yeah Mahomes is a different beast. Chiefs are never out of a game with Mahomes here.

St. Patty's Fire
02-11-2020, 02:57 PM

He’s the far and away second best QB in the league right now.

Didn’t peak as high as Rodgers, but at the moment he’s definitely the better QB.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-11-2020, 03:02 PM
Wilson is a poor man's Mahomes at best. Not a peak Rodgers level either.

Megatron96
02-11-2020, 03:02 PM
I think Wilson has surpassed Rodgers in some respects. In general, Wilson has been able to make more chicken salad out of chickenshit more consistently in recent years than Rodgers has over the same period.

Rodgers still has the better arm, but Wilson is more elusive now, and his accuracy downfield is at least as good if not better.

As for Mahomes, I still think he has a lot to learn, but right now his arm talent and processing speed is making up the difference in experience. It likely won't be more than 3-4 years before he's better at everything than either Rodgers or Wilson.

crayzkirk
02-11-2020, 03:28 PM
You're just being a homer. Eli Manning made more money than Brady during his career. That's got nothing to do w BB that's called sacrifice.

Like it or not one of the reasons Brady has 6 SBs is because he was willing to take less money for the betterment of the team. If Mahomes wants to win as many SBs as possible he will do the same. Even if he takes less he won't be able to spend that money in his lifetime.

I'm not going to get mad if he doesnt take a discount but what I am saying is the truth. No one man makes a team.

Getting a first round bye was critical to the Patriots success; I know certain fans of the Patriots that post here occasionally used some statistics to 'prove' that the AFC Least wasn't as bad as I believe however the Patriots dominated that division unlike any team has before. Look what happened this year when the Bills were pushing the Patriots; they didn't get to coast to a first round bye and weren't able to turn it on when they needed to.

Brady is (was) very good at finding the open player and evading the rush. He was never the pure play maker that Mahomes is.

Ubeja Vontell
02-11-2020, 03:46 PM
I do think the ultimate compliment we can give Mahomes right now is is he better than Russell Wilson? And yes it is a legit debate.

I have already did the homework, trust me there is no QB who has done more than Russell Wilson in their first 8 seasons. Nobody, has more wins. Nobody matchs all this....

ties rookie TD record
first QB to have back to back 100 passer ratings to start a career
only....4000 yds/30td/500 rushing in a season in history (15 yards short of doing that twice)
6 pro bowls in first 8 seasons
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: that far from winning two SB's in his first three seasons.
has three times more TD's than INT's
only Rodgers has a better career passer rating
more 4th Q td passes than anyone in history (first 8 seasons)
now add his rushing stats, what QB compares if talking passing with rushing?

Wilson is an amazing player, for Mahomes to be right there with him is an honor. And yes, I do think he will be the better of the two with time. Wilson with a Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, hmmm?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-11-2020, 03:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs have re-signed WR Gehrig Dieter. He’s back in the fold for further development with the Super Bowl champs after finishing the season on the practice squad.</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1227343535663239168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dayze
02-11-2020, 03:53 PM

the other team score 21 was almost always a L as well.

GoChiefs posted some stat that was crazy and sad ; something like Alex was only 4 and 20 when the other team scored 21 points or more. `

suzzer99
02-11-2020, 04:25 PM
Chiefs should just give kneel on 1st and second down to get to 3rd and 15.

Shaid
02-11-2020, 04:30 PM
In one of the 14,000 SB videos I watched, Pat tells someone (another player, a coach, someone) that he threw the checkdown to the screen on that play because he was getting pressure and he didn't think his real target was going to get open. Pat says that he saw the guy get open, but Pat had already turned to thrown the checkdown.

I haven't looked at the play from the coaches POV yet, but if what Pat was saying in that clip is about that specific play (sometimes they edit these things all out of order), then the screen wasn't the real play.

This actually makes sense, if you think about it. Andy and Pat saw very early in the game that screens weren't going to work; the SF LBs were recognizing screens very quickly and reacting too fast for them to be effective. Andy almost immediately stopped calling screens. So why would he call a screen when he knew it probably wasn't going to work?

It was a pass to Sammy. He said he got off Sammy too quick and went to the checkdown but he should have stayed with it longer because Sammy won.

BigRedChief
02-11-2020, 04:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs have re-signed WR Gehrig Dieter. He’s back in the fold for further development with the Super Bowl champs after finishing the season on the practice squad.</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1227343535663239168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>why not for a practice squad guy? BFF with Mahomes may be in play here but no way Reid let’s him see the field unless he earns it.

BossChief
02-11-2020, 04:50 PM

ANYONE.

Don’t be silly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/amp/

He gets paid from the team in other ways.

It’s seriously like Clark Hunt paying Mahomes 35m to be the teams “ambassador” and then pays him 5m on the cap.

The idea that Tom takes a discount is misinformed. It’s just another way they circumvent the cap.

Megatron96
02-11-2020, 04:55 PM
It was a pass to Sammy. He said he got off Sammy too quick and went to the checkdown but he should have stayed with it longer because Sammy won.

Thx for the assist.