PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tank for Trevor - Who picks #1 in 2021

Pages : [1] 2 3

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Which team is going to be rewarded for being terrible next year? Make a prediction...

I was going Redskins...but Rivera is now their coach so maybe not.

Will there be a "tank-off" during the final 4 games?

Lawrence is the type of prospect that can completely turn an entire franchise around...

pugsnotdrugs19
02-17-2020, 09:13 PM
I just really don’t think you can effectively tank in football.

If your team performs that poorly, it says something about your coaching and/or injuries as much as anything.

I remember how Buffalo and Miami were both supposed to be 1-15 dumpster fires in recent years, and both teams overachieved by a wide margin. Cause they are coached too well.

That said, whoever gets Lawrence will be a lucky organization.

smithandrew051
02-17-2020, 09:13 PM
Patriots

wazu
02-17-2020, 09:14 PM
Patriots

Might be the only team smart enough to do it.

Imon Yourside
02-17-2020, 09:14 PM
Raiders

TribalElder
02-17-2020, 09:19 PM
It will be the Patriots

Bellichick knows he can't hang with mahomes without Trevor Lawrence

They let brady walk which allows them to have a down season and they swoop in and pick this kid #1 overall

thats my guess

Pablo
02-17-2020, 09:22 PM
Jacksonville.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 09:22 PM
Lets play a hypothetical...say a teams #1 and back-up QB both go down early in the season...then get hit with a rash of injuries. They end up with the worst record in the NFL...

Which starting QB would still be safe if their team had the #1 pick? Mahomes and maybe Wilson? Ravens would pick Lawrence and so would the Texans.

Jewish Rabbi
02-17-2020, 09:26 PM
Which team is going to be rewarded for being terrible next year? Make a prediction...

I was going Redskins...but Rivera is now their coach so maybe not.

Will there be a "tank-off" during the final 4 games?

Lawrence is the type of prospect that can completely turn an entire franchise around...

He’ll go to whom ever the NFL wants him to go... right BlackOp?

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 09:27 PM
Jacksonville.

They still have Foles though...right? He's good enough to not finish last.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 09:29 PM
He’ll go to whom ever the NFL wants him to go... right BlackOp?

Nope...but if they can turn a buck marketing his ass once in the NFL...that team will start getting breaks.

You know it and I know it.

Chiefs, miraculously, didnt get one shitty, game-deciding call all post-season. I've watched this team for decades...and it was a first. Guess who has the #1 selling jersey?

Is what it is...it's a lot more fun watching the other team bitch and moan for once. Patriots know all about it...

Pablo
02-17-2020, 09:29 PM
They still have Foles though...right? He's good enough to not be the very worst team.

Is he though? Lost all the games he started last year.

wazu
02-17-2020, 09:30 PM
Would be really fun if Cincinnati drafts Burrow AND Lawrence.

Delano
Let that little bitch go to either the chargers or broncos so he can play second fiddle his entire career.

dj56dt58
Patriots

You know they are tanking if they don’t get caught cheating all year

Buehler445
02-17-2020, 09:32 PM
Gruden. It wouldn’t take much mailing in with that defense to ensure losses

Mahomes_Is_God
02-17-2020, 09:36 PM
Kinda hoping he goes to a lousy NFC team like the Bears or Lions.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 09:40 PM
Let that little bitch go to either the chargers or broncos so he can play second fiddle his entire career.

I dont want him anywhere near the AFC....let alone the AFCW. I want all the QBs to suck....

JohnnyV13
02-17-2020, 09:45 PM
Who cares? It won't be the Chiefs.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 09:46 PM
Might be the only team smart enough to do it.

Would Belichick risk having the worst team in the NFL...his first year without Tongue-kissing Tom. His cred would take a hit...

RunKC
02-17-2020, 09:47 PM
Trevor Lawrence looked like a pussy in the title game. Not a single TD with some of the best recruits at his school.

Joe Burrow will be much better

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 09:49 PM
Who cares? It won't be the Chiefs.

I dont really...but we've all seen what a generational QB can do in short order.

It'll be interesting what lengths the bottom-feeders will go to land him. He could be worth well over a billion dollars to a team/city...

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 09:50 PM
Trevor Lawrence looked like a pussy in the title game. Not a single TD with some of the best recruits at his school.

Joe Burrow will be much better

Do you want to put money on if he will be successful in the NFL?

SAGA45
02-17-2020, 09:54 PM
I could see Detroit tanking for 'im.

DaneMcCloud
02-17-2020, 09:54 PM
Jacksonville, Detroit, Carolina and Cincinnati all look to be pathetic enough to get the #1 overall pick.

Cincy might own the top pick 2 years in a row and if they do, they'll get a massive haul for Lawrence, maybe a trade like we've never seen in the NFL.

Cincy would waste all of those draft choices, of course.

jjchieffan
02-17-2020, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers have a really bad year this year. Maybe not number 1 overall pick bad, but they could. They're about to find out how good Rivera really was. I could also see the Lions falling flat in their face. They severely underperformed last season and I don't see any reason to think that this this year will be any better. Either of them could jump on Lawrence.

Hoover
02-17-2020, 10:00 PM
Indy Signs Rivers. Gets hurt after 7 game. End up going 1-15 and get the first pick.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers have a really bad year this year.

I think that's who I'm going with...no QB and no HC.

jjchieffan
02-17-2020, 10:06 PM
Indy Signs Rivers. Gets hurt after 7 game. End up going 1-15 and get the first pick.

Why do you think that Rivers goes to Indy? He moved his family to Florida. I can't see him doing that, then signing outside of Florida.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 10:09 PM

I'd love for Detroit to get him...Chiefs/Lions SB rivalry. Talk about "world ending" type of shit...we would all know humanity only has a few years left.

Mahomes_Is_God
02-17-2020, 10:10 PM
Am I the only one who thinks he looks like a cross between Lord Farquaad and Blade?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/512ko33Rs8L._AC_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61-Nj5JNJ2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/11/04/PGRE/754e47b9-5ac0-421e-bb02-58d56b6e6a23-1102_Trevor_Lawrence_48.JPG?crop=1674%2C1674%2Cx240%2Cy0&quality=10

It's uncanny.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 10:12 PM
Why do you think that Rivers goes to Indy? He moved his family to Florida. I can't see him doing that, then signing outside of Florida.

Yeah...TB is the call. This has been in the works...why move your enormous family 3500 miles?

SD is gorgeous...

wazu
02-17-2020, 10:13 PM

Nah, Coach is a meathead fighting to keep his job.

Bump
02-17-2020, 10:14 PM
He could have been drafted #1 last year, I guess he's been scouted enough so he can now be drafted.

GloucesterChief
02-17-2020, 10:16 PM
I am going to make a out of nowhere pick and say Atlanta. Aging team on offense and a defense that woefully under performs most of the time.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 10:17 PM
He could have been drafted #1 last year, I guess he's been scouted enough so he can now be drafted.

He was too young...

dlphg9
02-17-2020, 10:21 PM
Lets play a hypothetical...say a teams #1 and back-up QB both go down early in the season...then get hit with a rash of injuries. They end up with the worst record in the NFL...

Which starting QB would still be safe if their team had the #1 pick? Mahomes and maybe Wilson? Ravens would pick Lawrence and so would the Texans.

This might be the dumbest thing youve ever posted, but you've posted a literal shit ton of stupid stuff, so I cant be 100% sure. There is no way the Texans and Ravens would take Lawrence to start over their QB and they would be total retards to do it. Watson and Jackson are good enough to win SBs and although they have to hope Mahomes gets bored with winning they are proven commodities and Lawrence is just a prospect. How many SBs did Luck win? What Indy fan wouldnt go back in time and stop the Colts from releasing Manning and tanking.

RealSNR
02-17-2020, 10:22 PM
Oh, pooooor Indianapolis... they just had the WORST luck with injuries this year! So sad that they had the Andrew Luck retirement happen to them and now they're the NFL's worst team!

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 10:23 PM
This might be the dumbest thing youve ever posted, but you've posted a literal shit ton of stupid stuff, so I cant be 100% sure. There is no way the Texans and Ravens would take Lawrence to start over their QB and they would be total retards to do it. Watson and Jackson are good enough to win SBs and although they have to hope Mahomes gets bored with winning they are proven commodities and Lawrence is just a prospect. How many SBs did Luck win? What Indy fan wouldnt go back in time and stop the Colts from releasing Manning and tanking.

Yes they would...and I honestly dont remember you ever posting anything. I'm not kidding when I say i dont recognize you...

Lamar is a "short shelf-life" QB...the Titans took him out. Great DCs will be able to marginalize his strengths...Watson got trumped 51-7 in 45 minutes. The game was gift-wrapped....

They know who Mahomes is...and the AFC runs through him for the next 10 years.

Hell...there is even a thread on a Ravens forum about trading Lamar while his value is high. That says it all...they dont think it's sustainable.

suzzer99
02-17-2020, 10:26 PM
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/11/04/PGRE/754e47b9-5ac0-421e-bb02-58d56b6e6a23-1102_Trevor_Lawrence_48.JPG?crop=1674%2C1674%2Cx240%2Cy0&quality=10

It's uncanny.

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190111092720-easter-island-moais-file-restricted.jpg

scho63
02-17-2020, 10:29 PM
There are a lot of dumpster fires out there.

Chargers could put a FA at QB and tank for a top pick.

jjchieffan
02-17-2020, 10:39 PM
There are a lot of dumpster fires out there.

Chargers could put a FA at QB and tank for a top pick.

Maybe. But most of the mock drafts have them going QB at 6 this year. I think that's probably correct unless they get jumped over and miss out on their guy. If that happens, I don't see them taking a QB again next year, even with the first pick. Arizona did it, but I can't see that happening again anytime soon.

Mahomes_Is_God
02-17-2020, 10:50 PM
Don't the Raiders still have Nathan Peterman on the roster? That's kind of terrifying if you think about it. They simply need to unleash him if they want that #1 pick. He's the ultimate weapon.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 10:51 PM
Maybe. But most of the mock drafts have them going QB at 6 this year. I think that's probably correct unless they get jumped over and miss out on their guy. If that happens, I don't see them taking a QB again next year, even with the first pick. Arizona did it, but I can't see that happening again anytime soon.

There are two QBs this year...the rest are "we hope he evolves". That's not saying there isnt a diamond waiting to be unearthed, some are late bloomers...but if you go back and watch Mahomes HS footage...it was there.

Scouts are retards...

I dont really want Tua to the Chargers...he's probably going to be a very good QB...not Mahomes level...but who is?

Bump
02-17-2020, 10:55 PM
There are two QBs this year...the rest are "we hope he evolves". That's not saying there isnt a diamond waiting to be unearthed, some are late bloomers...but if you go back and watch Mahomes HS footage...it was there.

Scouts are retards...

I dont really want Tua to the Chargers...he's probably going to be a very good QB...not Mahomes level...but who is?

what's the situation with Tua's injury? I thought it was possibly a career ender, but haven't payed attention.

wazu
02-17-2020, 10:57 PM
what's the situation with Tua's injury? I thought it was possibly a career ender, but haven't payed attention.

Reports are he’s bouncing back and gonna be okay. He’s still gonna suffer in the draft.

Dante84
02-17-2020, 10:59 PM
I love that the Broncos are excited about Matt Cassel clone Drew Lock. Fools gold, at just the right time to miss out on the next wave of potentially great QB’s.

Raiders scare me here. Mayock loves Clemson players, as evidenced by the 2019 draft. They are faced with the reality of Patrick Mahomes in their division for the next 15 years. Gruden has the luxury of a guaranteed long term deal and can weather a shitty year while they acclimate to Vegas. They’ve made it clear they are ready to move on from Carr. I could see them try and get it done.

Chargers could make a play for it, but they have too much talent to not win 3 or 4 games.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 11:01 PM
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190111092720-easter-island-moais-file-restricted.jpg

That dude has some other-worldly connects...BUT...Mahomes...the universe seems to like him too.

These two are going to have some epic clashes in the future...at least that's what the owl, outside my window, said.

cmh6476
02-17-2020, 11:10 PM
Detroit. They've earned it.

GloucesterChief
02-17-2020, 11:11 PM
I love that the Broncos are excited about Matt Cassel clone Drew Lock. Fools gold, at just the right time to miss out on the next wave of potentially great QB’s.

Raiders scare me here. Mayock loves Clemson players, as evidenced by the 2019 draft. They are faced with the reality of Patrick Mahomes in their division for the next 15 years. Gruden has the luxury of a guaranteed long term deal and can weather a shitty year while they acclimate to Vegas. They’ve made it clear they are ready to move on from Carr. I could see them try and get it done.

Chargers could make a play for it, but they have too much talent to not win 3 or 4 games.

This last rookie QB Gruden had he completely ruined. Gruden is not a QB guru.

RunKC
02-17-2020, 11:16 PM
How often has the “generational QB” prospect ever truly worked out? Peyton Manning and John Elway are the only ones I can think of.

Notice a trend? Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson. Those are the best QB’s in the league. All of them were not looked at very well as prospects.

srvy
02-17-2020, 11:17 PM
He looks like that jungle law jackass on billboards around town.

https://www.rollonfriday.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/001%20Billboard.JPG
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aWLmtXgmaKo/maxresdefault.jpg

DRM08
02-17-2020, 11:19 PM
He's damn good, but I think overhyped as a once-in-generation player. Then again, I'm biased and been watching Mahomes do Aaron Rodgers type of crap since he was a 19 year old freshman at Tech. Patrick is the once-in-generation player, but the "experts" simply blew it with him.

They've been hyping Trevor as the greatest thing since sliced bread going back to his early days of high school. He's damn good, but he's also surrounded by 5-star talent on both sides of the ball in a conference that's completely overmatched (ACC). It won't be that way for him in the NFL, especially when he gets drafted #1 overall into a bad organization.

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 11:20 PM
How often has the “generational QB” prospect ever truly worked out? Peyton Manning and John Elway are the only ones I can think of.

Notice a trend? Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson. Those are the best QB’s in the league. All of them were not looked at very well as prospects.

I would bank on Lawrence being successful...he has that "vibe".

BlackOp
02-17-2020, 11:25 PM
He's damn good, but I think overhyped as a once-in-generation player. Then again, I'm biased and been watching Mahomes do Aaron Rodgers type of crap since he was a 19 year old freshman at Tech. Patrick is the once-in-generation player, but the "experts" simply blew it with him.

They've been hyping Trevor as the greatest thing since sliced bread going back to his early days of high school. He's damn good, but he's also surrounded by 5-star talent on both sides of the ball in a conference that's completely overmatched (ACC). It won't be that way for him in the NFL, especially when he gets drafted #1 overall into a bad organization.

He wont be as good as Mahomes...no one will.

PM is the closest to a Jordan-like "I'm just better than you" that I've seen...its annoying when I see Watson compared to Jordan. I lived in Chi-town during the MJ-era...and...nope..not even close. Mahomes has that light though...

DRM08
02-17-2020, 11:32 PM
He wont be as good as Mahomes...no one will.

PM is the closest to a Jordan-like "I'm just better than you" that I've seen...its annoying when I see Watson compared to Jordan. I lived in Chi-town during the MJ-era...and...nope..not even close. Mahomes has that light though...

Deshaun is kind of a middleman hybrid of Lamar and Mahomes. He doesn't run as well as Lamar, but he throws better than him. He doesn't throw as well as Mahomes, but he runs better than him (to an extent). Of course neither of those dudes have the field vision of Mahomes.

Ultimately you have to bet on the guy with the best arm and best vision to be THE MAN over the long term. So far it's playing out that way.

RunKC
02-17-2020, 11:33 PM

The tape is out on Lawrence for the NFL to adapt to. He was awful in that title game. I still like him, but not sure if I’d take him over Burrow.

Burrow reminds me of Tony Romo but with Peyton Manning characteristics. OU and Clemson threw every blitz and defensive coverage imaginable at him and he just read it pre-snap. I really like his ability to process things quickly..something Pat is amazing at but doesn’t get enough credit for.

I think Burrow will end up in Cincy and I hope Lawrence goes to Detroit with a new offensive coach waiting for him.

This league needs struggling teams like the Bengals, Lions and Browns to come back and win in the postseason. It’s a great story and a big reason the Chiefs made the NFL so much better this year.

DRM08
02-17-2020, 11:37 PM
The tape is out on Lawrence for the NFL to adapt to. He was awful in that title game. I still like him, but not sure if I’d take him over Burrow.

Burrow reminds me of Tony Romo but with Peyton Manning characteristics. OU and Clemson threw every blitz and defensive coverage imaginable at him and he just read it pre-snap. I really like his ability to process things quickly..something Pat is amazing at but doesn’t get enough credit for.

I think Burrow will end up in Cincy and I hope Lawrence goes to Detroit with a new offensive coach waiting for him.

This league needs struggling teams like the Bengals, Lions and Browns to come back and win in the postseason. It’s a great story and a big reason the Chiefs made the NFL so much better this year.

It would be nice to see a number of shitty franchises get their act together. It's amazing to me that some of them are so bad given the salary cap and draft structure of the league. It's designed to make everyone go 8-8, yet somehow we see the same teams in the Top 10 of the Draft every year obviously missing the playoffs by a mile every year.

staylor26
02-18-2020, 12:01 AM
I’m surprised nobody mentioned the Cardinals.

I could easily see them ending up back there.

staylor26
02-18-2020, 12:04 AM
Other teams nobody has mentioned that have a shot:

Redskins, Bucs, Steelers, Browns, Bears

Simply Red
02-18-2020, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure, but I CAN tell you - it won't be YOUR HOMETOWN KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New World Order
02-18-2020, 12:12 AM
Carolina

New World Order
02-18-2020, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure, but I CAN tell you - it won't be YOUR HOMETOWN KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my favorite professional football team in the United States of America!!!!

Mahomes_Is_God
02-18-2020, 01:18 AM
Other teams nobody has mentioned that have a shot:

Redskins, Bucs, Steelers, Browns, Bears

I can't see the Steelers being shitty enough to get him, even if the fat man's arm is shot. They went 8-8 with that garbage ass offence last year.

ChiefsFanatic
02-18-2020, 03:22 AM

Joe Burrow will be much betterI don't know why everyone acts as if Lawrence is a can't-miss QB. His one claim to fame so to speak is how he plays in big games, but against LSU he didn't look great.

Is he a high draft pick? No doubt. But there is probably quite a good chance that he will fail in the NFL.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Coochie liquor
02-18-2020, 06:04 AM
It’s all a crap shoot. With a high pick usually comes a bad coaching staff/FO. Seems the majority of the time a high pick is going to a team with either a new coaching staff, or one on its last chance with that team. Ending up on a bad team has surely been the downfall of many a decent qb.

tredadda
02-18-2020, 06:13 AM
I would say Detroit. Stafford is getting older and clearly not the answer anymore. I think there are very few teams out there with less talent than them. Plus I don’t think their coach is very good either which makes them an even stronger contender to pick #1 overall.

Mecca
02-18-2020, 06:39 AM
Carolina, they're tearing it all down.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-18-2020, 07:26 AM
Dude does look like that abomination Jungle Law crossed with Spicoli. He will get a pizza delivered mid meeting and Belichick will Mr. Hand that bad boy

TEX
02-18-2020, 07:35 AM
Carolina

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-18-2020, 07:57 AM
I think, I heard. Fisher was only the 20th, #1 overall pick to win a SB. So, meh

ptlyon
02-18-2020, 08:17 AM
Dude does look like that abomination Jungle Law crossed with Spicoli. He will get a pizza delivered mid meeting and Belichick will Mr. Hand that bad boy

THAT WAS MY SKULL!

MahomesMagic
02-18-2020, 08:21 AM
I don't know why everyone acts as if Lawrence is a can't-miss QB. His one claim to fame so to speak is how he plays in big games, but against LSU he didn't look great.

Is he a high draft pick? No doubt. But there is probably quite a good chance that he will fail in the NFL.

Yeah, he's can't miss. But that doesn't mean he will be a top 3 or top 5 QB. He just has a high floor. Also, many teams want a tall QB so that also pumps up his stock. In Lawrence's case at least he is tall and can play.

redfan
02-18-2020, 08:39 AM
'Skins, Haskins is a JAG-type QB.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-18-2020, 09:19 AM
THAT WAS MY SKULL!

ALLLLL right Edelman!!

DRM08
02-18-2020, 10:09 AM
I don't know why everyone acts as if Lawrence is a can't-miss QB. His one claim to fame so to speak is how he plays in big games, but against LSU he didn't look great.

It’s much harder to have a QB bust these days. The rules heavily favor modern QB’s and the NFL offensive systems feature way more college-style playcalling and schemes than the older days. One thing that really helps Trevor is that he will have 3 years as a starter in college. That’s a big deal for avoiding the dreaded “bust” scenario. Trubisky only had one year as a starter.

Halfcan
02-18-2020, 10:12 AM
So much hype on this kid. Maybe he can skip his playing career and be inducted into the HOF?

scho63
02-18-2020, 10:19 AM

No I agree that if they take a QB this year they are set unless they pick another Trubisky! LOL

I find it interesting no one is mentioning whether Cam Newton or Marcus Mariotta could wind up in San Diego or Oakland. :hmmm:

scho63
02-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Looks like Fabio's gay son.

He looks like that jungle law jackass on billboards around town.

https://www.rollonfriday.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/001%20Billboard.JPG
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aWLmtXgmaKo/maxresdefault.jpg

MahiMike
02-18-2020, 11:15 AM
Jags. But the term is "Lever for Trevor".

Deberg_1990
09-12-2020, 10:11 PM
Watch this guy end up in Las Vegas or Denver.

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 10:21 PM

Denver might be bad enough. Vegas won't be.

It's going to be interesting because several of the contenders for the #1 overall pick have young QB's, many of whom were high picks.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2020, 10:27 PM
Denver might be bad enough. Vegas won't be.

It's going to be interesting because several of the contenders for the #1 overall pick have young QB's, many of whom were high picks.

Yes. True. He could end up in a very good organization.

Or maybe the Jets if Darnold tanks.

RealSNR
09-12-2020, 10:27 PM

Then watch him get Andrew Luck'd

Mahomes_Is_God
09-12-2020, 10:29 PM
I'm hoping it's not the Chargers, but it might be the Chargers. They have no quality starter QB. Justice Herbert or whatever his name is probably ain't good and we all know what Tyrod is.

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 10:34 PM
Yes. True. He could end up in a very good organization.

Or maybe the Jets if Darnold tanks.

That's the team I was really considering. The Jags really like Minshew but they end up with the #1 overall pick, it's likely because of him, and they'll take Lawrence without thinking about it.

But what about the Jets? If they're that bad, do they move on from Darnold? They're almost certain to make staff changes, maybe it's the perfect time to change QB's?

The Dolphins could be contender but they just took Tua. Concievably, the Bengals will be bad again (#1 overall QB's don't have the greatest track record in year 1) but they have their QB.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-12-2020, 10:36 PM
Jags. But the term is "Lever for Trevor".

They seem to like their meme QB, and he honestly doesn't look bad.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2020, 10:37 PM
I think folks are going to be disappointed with Lawrence. With as much build up as he's received, he's not going to be a Mahomes. Hell, he might not even be a Burrow.

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 10:38 PM
They seem to like their meme QB, and he honestly doesn't look bad.

There's a lot of analysts that think he's just good enough to get them out of the top 10 or so picks.

BlackOp
09-12-2020, 10:41 PM
Any team picking #1 overall needs a QB...irregardless if they just drafted one.

There is no way a GM would pass on Lawrence...someone would have to give up entire drafts.

If he turns out to be a top Franchise QB...you are losing your job.

The problem with that trade strategy is all those multiple, high round picks come up for contracts at the same time..

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 10:58 PM
Any team picking #1 overall needs a QB...irregardless if they just drafted one.

There is no way a GM would pass on Lawrence...someone would have to give up entire drafts.

If he turns out to be a top Franchise QB...you are losing your job.

The problem with that trade strategy is all those multiple, high round picks come up for contracts at the same time..

The only way you can jettison one top draft pick for another is if you're like the Cardinals and transitioning staffs.

If the Bengals, for example, finish with the #1 overall pick, they're not taking Lawrence.

BlackOp
09-12-2020, 11:03 PM
The only way you can jettison one top draft pick for another is if you're like the Cardinals and transitioning staffs.

If the Bengals, for example, finish with the #1 overall pick, they're not taking Lawrence.

I dont even think he is safe...if they are the worst team in the NFL again, he didn't really accomplish what they hoped. He should get them a least 5 wins....

I'd roll the dice and let the best QB win...its too important of a position...and too rare of an opportunity.

You can always flip one for compensation...

If Burrow and Lawrence had been in the same draft...would the Bengals still have taken him? Probably not....

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 11:06 PM
I dont even think he is safe...if they are the worst team in the NFL again, he didn't really accomplish what they hoped.

I'd roll the dice and let the best QB win...its too important of a position...and too rare of an opportunity.

You might but they won't. There's zero chance they give up on Burrow after 1 year and draft Lawrence. It will never happen.

In fact, it's highly unlikely the Dolphins would take him either. The Chargers might but spending that much capital on QB's that fast is the surest way to ensure you can't build a team around them. Especially if they BOTH end up being busts.

I get that you're high on Lawrence but the NFL just doesn't work the way you're thinking.

Mecca
09-12-2020, 11:07 PM
The only team I see sucking hard that would trade Lawrence for ransom is the Giants.I don't buy into Daniel Jones but I'm sure Gettleman does.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-12-2020, 11:12 PM
I dont even think he is safe...if they are the worst team in the NFL again, he didn't really accomplish what they hoped. He should get them a least 5 wins....

You can always flip one for compensation...

What? Burrow or Murray? I can't see the Bengals giving up on Burrow after one season, even if he shits the bed. Kyler Murray is even less likely I think because he's actually proven he can compete at the NFL level.

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 11:12 PM
The most realistic landing spots for Lawrence are probably Jacksonville, Chicago, and New York AFC.

If any of those 3 teams are picking first, they're probably firing everybody (or at least many) and starting from scratch. Jacksonville could easily give up on Minshew without a 2nd tough. The Jets and Bears would be a little different, given the cost they gave to get Darnold and Trubisky. I imagine we'd see something like the Cardinals did with Rosen.

Another spot that seems realistic is Carolina. If they're picking first, Teddy either sucked or got hurt again and without a QBotF, they'd for sure take Lawrence.

RunKC
09-12-2020, 11:13 PM
First game day and I think Washington is going to get the 1st pick.

Horrific ownership, controversy everywhere filled with distractions, Rivera going through cancer and Haskins sucks.

Sure they have Chase Young, but him alone won’t make or break that team. I personally think they only win 1 divisional game and maybe 2 outside of that.

Lawrence helping them reset would be a great story.

Mecca
09-12-2020, 11:15 PM

Horrific ownership, controversy everywhere filled with distractions, Rivera going through cancer and Haskins sucks.

Sure they have Chase Young, but him alone won’t make or break that team. I personally think they only win 1 divisional game and maybe 2 outside of that.

By the end of this year people will think Haskins is better than Daniel Jones.

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 11:17 PM
Yeah, Rivera didn't draft Haskins either. If they get the #1 pick, Rivera could take the pick without worrying about. Haskins isn't his guy.

I guess if the Lions are bad enough, Patricia could be out and Stafford is getting longer in the tooth.

Mecca
09-12-2020, 11:18 PM
I think you guys are severally underrating how awful the Giants are.

BlackOp
09-12-2020, 11:23 PM
What? Burrow or Murray? I can't see the Bengals giving up on Burrow after one season, even if he shits the bed. Kyler Murray is even less likely I think because he's actually proven he can compete at the NFL level.

Well...I'm basing my opinion on if Burrow stinks enough to be picking #1 again.

I think he's going to be good...so it's really just conversation fodder. Its also the strange timing of a "cant miss" QB prospect being available...which only happens a few times a decade.

I guess I come from the vantage...that a young star player will "flash" moments of potential. If they dont after a 16 game sample size...you know what you have.

You dont "wish and hope" when it comes to QBs...

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 11:23 PM

It's possible I guess.

Daniel Jones is one of the guys that's seems like he could be just mediocre enough to make sure you miss out on a top 5 pick.

Mecca
09-12-2020, 11:25 PM
It's possible I guess.

Daniel Jones is one of the guys that's seems like he could be just mediocre enough to make sure you miss out on a top 5 pick.

He's a turnover machine. Their defense is awful and trying to change to 3-4...they hired Joe Judge and Jason Garrett, this has dumpster fire written on it.

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Well...I'm basing my opinion on if Burrow stinks enough to be picking #1 again.

I think he's going to be good...so it's really just conversation fodder.

I guess I come from the vantage...that a young player will "flash" moments of potential. If they dont after a 16 game sample size...you know what you have.

You dont "wish and hope" when it comes to QBs...

You do realize Burrow could be good and they could still be picking #1 overall again, right? It's a team game.

Furthermore, the idea that you'd just give up on Burrow is silly. Peyton Manning threw 28 INT's his first year and the team won 3 games. You'd just toss the #1 overall pick aside and draft his replacement after 1 year?

No NFL team is going to do what you're suggesting.

RunKC
09-12-2020, 11:27 PM

Daniel Jones has some quality support. Saquan Barkley, Golden Tate, Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram and even Darius Slayton was pretty good as a rookie last year. I liked the tackle Gettleman drafted as well.

Look at Washington’s offense. Now that Peterson is gone, it’s Terry McLaurin and a bunch of shit. There’s nobody that has less talent on offense.

How are they gonna score? Hoping Chase Young forces fumbles that score?

Mahomes_Is_God
09-12-2020, 11:27 PM

Good point. I keep forgetting that team even exists.

I don't think they're that bad, but I would need to see how they finished last year. They get their #1 RB back, right?

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 11:28 PM
He's a turnover machine. Their defense is awful and trying to change to 3-4...they hired Joe Judge and Jason Garrett, this has dumpster fire written on it.

He threw 24 TD's and 12 INT's. He fumbled a lot because he got sacked a lot. They took a OT #4 overall. I could see if he threw a ton of picks but a lot of his turnovers were because he got the shit beat out of him. Honestly, he reminds me a bit of Alex Smith.

I guess we'll see.

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 11:31 PM
Good point. I keep forgetting that team even exists.

I don't think they're that bad, but I would need to see how they finished last year. They get their #1 RB back, right?

The Giants picked 4th in the draft. Jones went 3-9 as a starter.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-12-2020, 11:34 PM
The Giants picked 4th in the draft. Jones went 3-9 as a starter.

Oh, got me there. I don't remember them being that shitty, but I don't pay much attention to the NFC unless it's two really good teams facing off.

RunKC
09-12-2020, 11:37 PM
Keep in mind Washington cut AD and traded Trent Williams. Here’s their starting offense:

QB-Dwayne Haskins
RB-JD McKissic
WR-Terry McLaurin
WR-Steven Sims
WR-Dontrelle Inman
LT-Geron Christian
LG-Wes Martin
C-Chase Roullier
RG-Brandon Sherff
RT-Morgan Mosses
TE-Logan Thomas

I literally don’t know how they will score more than 14 points a game

BlackOp
09-12-2020, 11:38 PM
You do realize Burrow could be good and they could still be picking #1 overall again, right? It's a team game.

Furthermore, the idea that you'd just give up on Burrow is silly. Peyton Manning threw 28 INT's his first year and the team won 3 games. You'd just toss the #1 overall pick aside and draft his replacement after 1 year?

You didn't read what I wrote....I said if he doesn't show flashes of being a star.

Manning definitely had flashes...you can tell early on.

Again...this is a unique situation...Lawrence has been to touted as the best QB prospect since Luck.

I guess it would come down to if a GM thought he was upgrading the QB position...

Nobody plans on picking #1 two years in row...

htismaqe
09-12-2020, 11:52 PM
You didn't read what I wrote....I said if he doesn't show flashes of being a star.

Manning definitely had flashes...you can tell early on.

Again...this is a unique situation...Lawrence has been to touted as the best QB prospect since Luck.

I guess it would come down to if a GM thought he was upgrading the QB position...

I read what you wrote. The vast majority of drafted QBs show some promise in their first year starting. That's why so few of them are given up on after 1 year. They cost too much to just throw them away. Even the worst ones get more than a year to figure things out, unless a team just plain starts over, like the Cardinals did.

Joe Burrow could throw 30 picks and they won't replace him. It won't happen. NFL teams don't do that.

Furthermore, prospects are still just prospects. NFL teams don't view any of them as "sure things". The hottest prospect in the last 20 years never won more than 11 games in a season, went 4-4 in the playoffs, and never won a conference championship. Andrew Luck's career essentially ended with zero to show for it.

Teams don't just toss aside top 5 picks, especially QB's, just because some hot prospect comes along. NFL teams don't think like you.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 12:08 AM
Just to give you an idea, I went back 50 years.

Only twice did a team spent two top 10 picks on a QB in a span of 3 years.

The Colts drafted Art Schlichter fourth overall in 1982 and then drafted John Elway first overall the next year. That wasn't because they thought they were getting an upgrade, though - Schlicter was suspended for gambling. He ended up out of football because of it.

In the 1984 USFL draft, the Bucs took Steve Young first overall. They took Vinny Testaverde first overall in 1987 because they had given up on Young and decided to trade him to the 49ers. We all know how that turned out.

In the last 30 years, I couldn't find a single occurrence. The closest I came was Seattle, who drafted Dan McGwire 16th overall in 1991 and Rick Mirer 2nd overall in 1993.

DRM08
09-13-2020, 12:18 AM

The Colts drafted Art Schlichter fourth overall in 1982 and then drafted John Elway first overall the next year. That wasn't because they thought they were getting an upgrade, though - Schlicter was suspended for gambling. He ended up out of football because of it.

In the 1984 USFL draft, the Bucs took Steve Young first overall. They took Vinny Testaverde first overall in 1987 because they had given up on Young and decided to trade him to the 49ers. We all know how that turned out.

In the last 30 years, I couldn't find a single occurrence. The closest I came was Seattle, who drafted Dan McGwire 16th overall in 1991 and Rick Mirer 2nd overall in 1993.

Arizona just did it with Rosen & Murray in back to back years.

jjchieffan
09-13-2020, 09:14 AM
I agree with the first pick being either the Jags or the Redskins. The Jags have traded away their entire defense and about half of the team is rookies. The Skins have a decent defense, but nothing on offense. The idea that it could be the Chargers seems crazy to me though. They have a very good defense. They also have some talent on offense. Not enough to make them a playoff team, but should be enough to keep them from drafting top 5

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 09:40 AM
Arizona just did it with Rosen & Murray in back to back years.

That one we've been talking about for 2 days in this thread, it was assumed. ;)

We also discussed at length the conditions under which it occurred (new management, new coaching, fresh start).

MeaTy The Pimp
09-13-2020, 10:12 AM
I don't really know or care who picks number one in 2021, I know that the Chiefs are gonna be picking 32nd again though. :D

Deberg_1990
09-13-2020, 10:16 AM
I don't really know or care who picks number one in 2021, I know that the Chiefs are gonna be picking 32nd again though. :D

So cornerback then?

Coach
09-13-2020, 10:23 AM
First, we're all under the assumption that Lawrence will declare for the draft at the conclusion of this season. But he also has the option of going back too as well, so that's something to keep in mind. Will he declare? That is to be determined.

That being said, here are the teams I think will finish last in their respective divisions.

AFC-E - Jets
AFC-N - Bengals
AFC-S - Jaguars
AFC-W - Denver

I can imagine two teams in the running for Lawrence, provided their record is bad. The Jets and Jaguars. Yes, the Jets have Darnold, but unless he shows that he can take the big step forward, that's still in the cards. If they bomb out, I can't see them hanging on to Adam Gase. And we all know the Jaguars need a QB, unless Minshew really lights it up.

Bengals will have Burrow, so that's pretty much out of the cards. As for Denver, it may be possible, but they seem to be settled in with Lock. Of course, if they bomb out badly and Lock isn't the answer, then that may be in play.

NFC-E - Washington
NFC-N - Rams
NFC-S - Bears
NFC-W - Panthers

Outside of Washington, I can't see those other three teams going 4 or less wins in the season. The Rams and Bears defense is pretty solid (not elite), so they scream 6-10/8-8 range.

Panthers may have a shot here, but that depends on how good Teddy Bridgewater play.

So it's likely will be either Washington or Jacksonville getting the #1 pick. But it's way too early to tell at this point, because injuries is eventually going to wreck a team's season at some point, and there's going to be a team that just falls apart/did not live up to its expectations.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-28-2020, 04:09 AM
As of right now my money is on the Jets. They are just flat out terrible. I can't see them winning a single game this year.

MahomesMagic
09-28-2020, 05:56 AM
Trevor Lawrence is the best traditional West Coast Offense QB prospect of this generation. He checks all the boxes for the older scouts.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2020, 06:01 AM
As of right now my money is on the Jets. They are just flat out terrible. I can't see them winning a single game this year.

Giants are pretty bad too. NY sports talk radio fans must be going nuts.

But this Thursday’s ‘tank for Trevor’ bowl should be interesting.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-28-2020, 06:22 AM
Giants are pretty bad too. NY sports talk radio fans must be going nuts.

But this Thursday’s ‘tank for Trevor’ bowl should be interesting.

Yeah but the Giants get to play the Redskins twice and they also get to play the Bengals. They have to win at least one of those. The Donks are the Jets' best shot at a win but I still think they lose thursday.

Hoopsdoc
09-28-2020, 06:23 AM

The Jets are the worst team I’ve seen in years. They are just awful. Becton is the best player on that team, which is pretty sad. And he got hurt yesterday.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-28-2020, 06:26 AM
The Jets are the worst team I’ve seen in years. They are just awful. Becton is the best player on that team, which is pretty sad. And he got hurt yesterday.

Yeah they're really awful. If they do get Trevor they're just going to ruin him, just like Cinci is ruining Joe Burrow right now. Poor fellas.

I'm starting to think that truly terrible teams like that shouldn't be allowed to draft top QB prospects. It feels like such a waste.

bowener
09-28-2020, 07:24 AM
If the Jets don't fire Gase before week 10 they will pick #1 overall. If the Jets fire Gase before week 10 the Giants will pick #1 overall.

The Texans look like a 5-7 win team right now, so I am guessing they pick in the top 7. I thought they would be a great landing spot for Eric Beienemy, but they gave up their 1st and 2nd in the upcoming draft. That is a hell of a hole to start a new coach and GM in.

The Lions suck is intriguing. I think Patricia is fired midseason, and the team improves slightly but remains a likely bottom 5 team. The draft could be interesting if they decide to trade away an aging Stafford and draft a talented and more mobile QB like Justin Fields.

Rain Man
09-28-2020, 08:17 AM
My guess is that the bottom five teams in the league are:

Jets
Giants
Football Team that was once racist
Broncos
Bengals

If the Bengals get the #1 pick, they'd presumably trade it. It's possible that the Giants and Jets might do that as well, though they'd probably take it. I haven't watched enough Jets and Giants games to know how much they like Darnold and Jones, but it seems like a good time to divest of Darnold since he's a couple of years from a new contract. Jones is a bigger question mark.

Even though the Redskins spent a 1st rounder on Haskins and the broncos spent a 2nd round on Lock, they'd certainly keep the pick.

Here's my guess on scenarios, ranked from most likely to less likely.

1. Jets get the pick, draft Lawrence and move Darnold.
2. Giants get the pick, draft Lawrence and move Jones
3. broncos get the pick, draft Lawrence or trade up with the Giants and move on from Lock.
4. Bengals get the pick, trade it away.
5. Once-Racist Football Team gets the pick, drafts Lawrence and gladly moves Haskins.

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 08:24 AM
My guess is that the bottom five teams in the league are:

Jets
Giants
Football Team that was once racist
Broncos
Bengals

If the Bengals get the #1 pick, they'd presumably trade it. It's possible that the Giants and Jets might do that as well, though they'd probably take it. I haven't watched enough Jets and Giants games to know how much they like Darnold and Jones, but it seems like a good time to divest of Darnold since he's a couple of years from a new contract. Jones is a bigger question mark.

Even though the Redskins spent a 1st rounder on Haskins and the broncos spent a 2nd round on Lock, they'd certainly keep the pick.

Here's my guess on scenarios, ranked from most likely to less likely.

1. Jets get the pick, draft Lawrence and move Darnold.
2. Giants get the pick, draft Lawrence and move Jones
3. broncos get the pick, draft Lawrence or trade up with the Giants and move on from Lock.
4. Bengals get the pick, trade it away.
5. Once-Racist Football Team gets the pick, drafts Lawrence and gladly moves Haskins.

The Jets could make a clean break with both Gase and Darnold, so it seems logical that they could draft Lawrence.

The Giants really like Jones and he has a decent arm but he just doesn't know how to protect the ball in the pocket. He's going to set another near-record for fumbles this year. They'd probably think pretty hard about moving on.

The Football Team's new regime didn't draft Haskins. I don't think Rivera would think twice about taking Lawrence. He went to a SB with Cam.

The Broncos just need win a few games so we don't have to worry about it.

Rain Man
09-28-2020, 08:27 AM
The Jets could make a clean break with both Gase and Darnold, so it seems logical that they could draft Lawrence.

The Giants really like Jones and he has a decent arm but he just doesn't know how to protect the ball in the pocket. He's going to set another near-record for fumbles this year. They'd probably think pretty hard about moving on.

The Football Team's new regime didn't draft Haskins. I don't think Rivera would think twice about taking Lawrence. He went to a SB with Cam.

What do you think the Bengals would do with the #1? I don't follow college ball so I can't compare Burrow and Lawrence. But I'd think a trade down to add a lot of talent would seem like the obvious route.

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 08:30 AM
What do you think the Bengals would do with the #1? I don't follow college ball so I can't compare Burrow and Lawrence. But I'd think a trade down to add a lot of talent would seem like the obvious route.

There's no way they'd take Lawrence. It doesn't matter how good the scouts think he might be, you can't take a QB #1 overall in successive years. They'd get more for the pick than Burrow, so I'd expect them to trade down.

NFL teams just don't do certain things and one of them is give up on highly-drafted QB's. Unfortunately, it makes the Broncos the most likely landing place for Lawrence.

duncan_idaho
09-28-2020, 08:30 AM
The Jets flat-out stink and Adam Gase is epic levels of horrible. They have to be the favorites.

Would be a compelling story line for the NFL to have Lawrence in NYC, and the situation could turn in a hurry IF they get a competent head coach in there (like Eric Bienemy).

He wouldn't have great weapons to start with, but he WOULD have a franchise LT to protect his blindside.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-28-2020, 08:32 AM
Even though the Redskins spent a 1st rounder on Haskins

Did they really? Wtf.

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 08:33 AM
Here's something I posted previously in this thread:

I didn't include Kyler Murray / Josh Rosen because it had already been mentioned earlier in the thread but the Murray draft is the only example in modern NFL history and it happened when they turned over the entire operation.

So there's precedent there for the Jets (and to a lesser extent the Football Team).

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 08:34 AM
Did they really? Wtf.

Yeah, he was the 15th overall pick.

Mecca
09-28-2020, 08:37 AM

The Giants won't do it, they'll trade #1 for a buttload of picks before they move on from Jones, unless of course Dave Gettleman gets fired.

MahomesMagic
09-28-2020, 09:05 AM
Did they really? Wtf.

I thought Haskins was a 3rd round prospect that year. He's big and NFL teams like that but you look at his college film and he was truly a system QB.

Mecca
09-28-2020, 09:18 AM
I thought Haskins was a 3rd round prospect that year. He's big and NFL teams like that but you look at his college film and he was truly a system QB.

Yet I'm supposed to believe Josh Fields is a top 10 guy when he's worse in that system than Haskins was.

mililo4cpa
09-28-2020, 09:58 AM
I'm not a draftnik kind of guy, and don't watch much College Football. but I've seen enough of Lawrence's play, and agree he's very NFL ready.

My question is will we see a couple "surprise" teams make a run here: Would either the Falcons or the Eagles (a) be bad enough to be in contention for Lawrence; and (b) be ready to move on from Ryan or Wentz sooner rather than later?

My arguments for both, and this assumes that they are, in fact, bad enough to at least be close enough to #1 to make it interesting:

Falcons: Ryan is no spring chicken, and at some point, with all these big leads being blown, one has to seriously consider that he'll never be that guy. He's not their biggest problems by any stretch, but again, he's not getting any younger. Also, it's almost a foregone conclusion that Quinn will be gone (new regime) and the Falcons are 0-3 in a pretty competitive division

Eagles: I said to a friend yesterday that, when you are 0-2, playing at home against arguably the worst team in the NFL, starting a rookie with all of 2 games experience and no offseason, and you play that team to a tie.....we'll then, you're probably the new worst team in the league. Of course, the Eagles have been decimated by injuries over the last two seasons, but Wentz just doesn't look the same either. So, the argument is that Wentz had enough time, isn't cutting it, and when (if) the Eagles get healthy, they have a good foundation where a rookie with talent could survive. Of course, they play in a bad division, so one / two wins can right their ship quickly, but that also plays well with starting over next season. Football Team and Giants are a train wreck, and Dallas doesn't seem to be anything close to what a lot of people thought they were, with a pending Dak problem in the offseason (and they still probably win that division going away). May be a ripe situation to take a flyer on a prospect like Lawrence, get healthy, let the Cowboys either overpay for Dak or start new with another middling QB, and be set for a long time at the QB.

Finally, for both teams, again assuming they are bad enough to make it interesting: could this be a Pat Mahomes situation where you pull the trigger on presumably the next great QB, sit him behind the veteran for a year, then start. These two teams do seem to have that as an option as well.....

Note I have no idea what draft capital either of these teams have or ability to get to a high enough pick to nab Lawrence, just that I think both will be bad enough to be close enough....

Mecca
09-28-2020, 10:00 AM
I'm not a draftnik kind of guy, and don't watch much College Football. but I've seen enough of Lawrence's play, and agree he's very NFL ready.

My question is will we see a couple "surprise" teams make a run here: Would either the Falcons or the Eagles (a) be bad enough to be in contention for Lawrence; and (b) be ready to move on from Ryan or Wentz sooner rather than later?

My arguments for both, and this assumes that they are, in fact, bad enough to at least be close enough to #1 to make it interesting:

Falcons: Ryan is no spring chicken, and at some point, with all these big leads being blown, one has to seriously consider that he'll never be that guy. He's not their biggest problems by any stretch, but again, he's not getting any younger. Also, it's almost a foregone conclusion that Quinn will be gone (new regime) and the Falcons are 0-3 in a pretty competitive division

Eagles: I said to a friend yesterday that, when you are 0-2, playing at home against arguably the worst team in the NFL, starting a rookie with all of 2 games experience and no offseason, and you play that team to a tie.....we'll then, you're probably the new worst team in the league. Of course, the Eagles have been decimated by injuries over the last two seasons, but Wentz just doesn't look the same either. So, the argument is that Wentz had enough time, isn't cutting it, and when (if) the Eagles get healthy, they have a good foundation where a rookie with talent could survive. Of course, they play in a bad division, so one / two wins can right their ship quickly, but that also plays well with starting over next season. Football Team and Giants are a train wreck, and Dallas doesn't seem to be anything close to what a lot of people thought they were, with a pending Dak problem in the offseason (and they still probably win that division going away). May be a ripe situation to take a flyer on a prospect like Lawrence, get healthy, let the Cowboys either overpay for Dak or start new with another middling QB, and be set for a long time at the QB.

Finally, for both teams, again assuming they are bad enough to make it interesting: could this be a Pat Mahomes situation where you pull the trigger on presumably the next great QB, sit him behind the veteran for a year, then start. These two teams do seem to have that as an option as well.....

Note I have no idea what draft capital either of these teams have or ability to get to a high enough pick to nab Lawrence, just that I think both will be bad enough to be close enough....

The Eagles are stuck with Wentz if they released him after this year his dead cap is 59 million dollars.

mililo4cpa
09-28-2020, 10:03 AM
The Eagles are stuck with Wentz if they released him after this year his dead cap is 59 million dollars.

Admittingly, this is where my knowledge of football economics end.....I'm ignorant of the financial implications, just making a case from a pure football perspective....

What about Falcons with Ryan?

tredadda
09-28-2020, 10:25 AM

If the Jets finish with the #1 pick and do not jettison both Gase and Darnold then they get what they deserve. Bringing in Bienemy along with Lawrence would go a long way in starting over for them. Plus the job would be more appealing to EB if he could start out with a young stud QB.

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 10:27 AM
Eric Bienemy is not going to New York. It's a graveyard for coaches. He's too smart for that.

PHOG
09-28-2020, 10:29 AM
What cap implications would letting Kirk Cousins go for the Viqueens be?

They are 0-3 now also. :hmmm:

Mecca
09-28-2020, 10:29 AM
Eric Bienemy is not going to New York. It's a graveyard for coaches. He's too smart for that.

What jobs are gonna be open that he would want though? I wouldn't want the Jacksonville job....Broncos psh.

Mecca
09-28-2020, 10:30 AM
What cap implications would letting Kirk Cousins go for the Viqueens be?

They are 0-3 now also. :hmmm:

His entire deal is guaranteed so you can't do it.

PHOG
09-28-2020, 10:31 AM
His entire deal is guaranteed so you can't do it.

Oh man, they're dumb. LMAO Thanks. :thumb:

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 10:44 AM
What jobs are gonna be open that he would want though? I wouldn't want the Jacksonville job....Broncos psh.

I don't think he's in a hurry.

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 10:45 AM
Oh man, they're dumb. LMAO Thanks. :thumb:

They could theoretically cut him at the end of next year and only have $10M in dead cap.

Cutting him after this season would result in FORTY NINE MILLION in dead cap.

He signed a 2-year, $66M extension, all guaranteed.

PHOG
09-28-2020, 11:21 AM
They could theoretically cut him at the end of next year and only have $10M in dead cap.

Ok, thanks. Maybe they would let him sit for Cousins' last year, ala the Chiefs. Just saying.

RunKC
09-28-2020, 11:23 AM

The Bengals should be begging him to go to Cincinnati.

Begging

ChiefBlueCFC
09-28-2020, 11:26 AM
Maybe the Eagles are ready to walk tf away from Wentz/

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 11:33 AM
Maybe the Eagles are ready to walk tf away from Wentz/

They can't. Cutting Wentz would leave almost $60M in dead cap money.

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 11:36 AM

Begging

I doubt he wants to go there either.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-28-2020, 11:48 AM

Begging

They just hired Taylor

Eleazar
09-28-2020, 12:14 PM
Vikings would do it if they were smart

saphojunkie
09-28-2020, 12:25 PM

You still draft Lawrence and let him take over midseason. Trade or cut Cousins at the end of the year.

htismaqe
09-28-2020, 12:27 PM
You still draft Lawrence and let him take over midseason. Trade or cut Cousins at the end of the year.

It's all going to depend on whether or not they can fit it in their cap.

That contract is one of the worst in NFL history.

BlackOp
09-28-2020, 12:43 PM
It'll be interesting as the season closes...will a team try to win a meaningless game and blow their chance?

Would a divisional rival with no post-season aspirations...tank a game to prevent them from being #1?

If a team could go back in time...would they tank a single game to prevent Manning from playing in their division for a decade?

Patriots play the Jets in week #17...what if their playoff seed is already decided? They know if they win...Lawrence is coming to their division. Jets know if they they win...they lose Lawrence...

That would be an awesome scenario...

Valiant
09-28-2020, 05:09 PM

Peyton was drafted when teams paid a lot for rookies.

My dream scenario, broncos draft him and he refused to go there. Then have to trade him to the giants or another nfc team.

Redbled
09-28-2020, 05:48 PM
Need the Donkeys to win just a few.

TribalElder
09-28-2020, 05:58 PM
falcons or either new york team should be all in for trevor

Rain Man
09-28-2020, 06:13 PM
falcons or either new york team should be all in for trevor

The Falcons will go into Week 16 with a near-lock on the #1 pick and then they'll pull out a last-minute win to drop to #4.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2020, 06:20 PM
Need the Donkeys to win just a few.

They will when they get Lock back.

TambaBerry
09-28-2020, 06:59 PM
I don't think Lawrence is going to be that great

sully1983
09-28-2020, 07:41 PM
Most likely the Jets

BlackOp
12-20-2020, 10:40 PM
Holy shit...Jets were 3 games away from potentially landing the most anticipated QB since Luck.

They just lit their Golden Ticket on fire...

All for a meaningless win where most of players will be gone as will the coaching staff...this seriously crippled their HC search. Having the #1 overall pick is quite the bargaining chip...

So Frank Reich/Colts has a choice to make in week 17...do they tank the last game to prevent Lawrence from being in their division for the next 15 year? They have no QB post-Rivers. How important is their play-off seeding to them long-term? Would they just treat it as a bye week...

If you travel back in time...how many teams, if the opportunity presented itself, would have dropped a single game to keep Manning, Brady, Montana, Farvre out of their division. Nothing is a sure thing...but Lawrence seems to be close.

jerryaldini
12-20-2020, 10:41 PM
NY Post headline they showed after game was awesome. Lawrence? Welp.

BlackOp
12-20-2020, 10:52 PM
If this happened to the Chiefs...it would probably have ended my fandom.

It's literally the only thing they had to look forward to...

MahomesMagic
12-20-2020, 11:04 PM
Lawrence isn't as good as Burrow as a prospect.

Pitt Gorilla
12-20-2020, 11:06 PM
If this happened to the Chiefs...it would probably have ended my fandom.

It's literally the only thing they had to look forward to...

Mahomes was drafted #10 overall, not #1.

New World Order
12-20-2020, 11:10 PM
Jets forum is in meltdown mode

jerryaldini
12-20-2020, 11:31 PM

Do Rams fans even have a forum?

jerryaldini
12-20-2020, 11:36 PM

There's even an "I'm done" thread with 99 replies.

"When Sam hands to Gore off tackle early next September to kick off the 6 win 2021 season your excitement will be back in full swing."

tk13
12-20-2020, 11:50 PM
If they can hang on, the Jags are going to be the top job this offseason. If I was Bieniemy that's where I'd be looking, only problem is every big name coach/GM will want to go there. They could get Lawrence, they have a ton of draft picks plus a metric ton of cap space. A competent group could go in there and create a winner.

Mecca
12-21-2020, 12:11 AM
Lawrence isn't as good as Burrow as a prospect.

That's wrong, Lawrence's prospect grade is going to be the highest in like 10 years, probably the highest since Luck.

Winning a meaningless game to miss out on a once in a decade prospect and set your team back 15 years sure is awesome.

mkp785
12-21-2020, 12:34 AM
That's wrong, Lawrence's prospect grade is going to be the highest in like 10 years, probably the highest since Luck.

Winning a meaningless game to miss out on a once in a decade prospect and set your team back 15 years sure is awesome.

Especially with Fields looking very unimpressive on Saturday. You think the Jets still take him if they get the 2nd pick?

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 02:56 AM

Prospect grade by the same morons who rated Mahomes way too low.

Its check the box scouting.

Tall. Check.

Good Arm. Check.

Winner. Check.

Lawrence is the best traditional QB prospect in a while. Those guys aren't running the NFL anymore.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-21-2020, 03:22 AM
Look how Luck ended up. Going to a poorly ran franchise that gave him no protection. When MFing Elway gets as much out of Manning, in about one third the years. You blow

RaidersOftheCellar
12-21-2020, 03:25 AM
The Jets suck at sucking.

Tribal Warfare
12-21-2020, 03:46 AM

Tall. Check.

Good Arm. Check.

Winner. Check.

Lawrence is the best traditional QB prospect in a while. Those guys aren't running the NFL anymore.

Big hands and mobile

Red Dawg
12-21-2020, 05:52 AM
How embarrassing for the Rams. Just plain old embarrassing. They are supposed to be considered SB possible and they lose to Gase and the 0-13 Jets?

Red Dawg
12-21-2020, 05:54 AM
Especially with Fields looking very unimpressive on Saturday. You think the Jets still take him if they get the 2nd pick?

I don't see it with Fields. Not a great prospect in my book.

12-21-2020, 06:00 AM
How embarrassing for the Rams. Just plain old embarrassing. They are supposed to be considered SB possible and they lose to Gase and the 0-13 Jets?

They pulled a Jets. That’s something the Jets would do if they were 9-5, lose to a winless team. The Jets can’t do anything right.

RealSNR
12-21-2020, 06:31 AM
I'm actually kind of liking Lawrence to the Jags instead of the Jets.

I know the Jets have plenty of fucking problems, but the Jags have those same problems AND they have no fans and only get 7 home games per season.

They're the biggest "who gives a fuck?" franchise in the NFL. And that's the kind of team Lawrence needs to go to. If the kid is so damn fucking great, then he'll resurrect that team. And I want to see what the media/fans do about the Jags being competitive again.

JolieMolie
12-21-2020, 07:06 AM

Begging

This is my first day on this board, went to high school in Overland Park but my dad dragged us to Cincinnati before my senior year. So, I went to Arrowhead when it was brand-spanking-new but also became a Bengals fan in my college years. The Bengals have terrible owners, so even though Eric Bienemy played there he probably shouldn't be the coach and won't be the coach. Mike Brown is gonna stupidly hold onto Zack Taylor to make it a moot point.

scho63
12-21-2020, 09:23 AM
My friends and family who are Jets fans are fucking so pissed they WON!

The Jets are even bad at winning........ROFL

UChieffyBugger
12-21-2020, 09:37 AM
Didn't people learn anything from Lawrence flopping in his finals against LSU? Smh. He's talented yes, but he's been playing with a ton of nfl talent in his offense and for all the hype Luck got where did it get him? Elway was also a loser until Shanahan turned up and ran the ball. The greatest talents often come out of the blue. Crowning Lawrence before he's even taken an NFL snap is stupid imo. I don't see him turning around the Jets or Jags anytime sion tbh.

TribalElder
12-21-2020, 09:37 AM
Jets are so dumb

They suffered all season for a shot at a qb and fucked it up on a meaningless game

Can’t even lose right

FloridaMan88
12-21-2020, 10:56 AM
If Jacksonville ends up with the #1 overall pick and Dabo Swinney ever had any aspirations about leaving for an NFL job, this would be his best opportunity.

He would get to coach Trevor Lawrence and would probably be given full authority with an ultra-patient ownership group.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 10:57 AM
I don't see it with Fields. Not a great prospect in my book.

He's an excellent prospect. But the dropoff between Trevor Lawrence and fields is huge. Leave it to the Jets to lose by winning.

AdolfOliverBush
12-21-2020, 11:00 AM
I think Lawrence is overrated. Physically, he checks all the boxes of a 1985 pocket passer. Nothing about his game justifies the hype.

MahiMike
12-21-2020, 11:01 AM
It's a glorious day here in Jax, FL.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Didn't people learn anything from Lawrence flopping in his finals against LSU? Smh. He's talented yes, but he's been playing with a ton of nfl talent in his offense and for all the hype Luck got where did it get him? Elway was also a loser until Shanahan turned up and ran the ball. The greatest talents often come out of the blue. Crowning Lawrence before he's even taken an NFL snap is stupid imo. I don't see him turning around the Jets or Jags anytime sion tbh.

How high are your expectations? Trevor Lawrence is without question the most can't miss qb in almost a decade. Of course he needs room to grow. He's just a kid. Both those teams have plenty of talent that Trevor Lawrence and a good head coach could make them decent year 1.

Gary Cooper
12-21-2020, 11:04 AM

Besides Mahomes, I would take Lawrence to start a franchise over any other QB currently playing in the league. He is a special talent and a winner.

Sassy Squatch
12-21-2020, 11:04 AM
https://i.redd.it/l5d90vksuf661.jpg

wazu
12-21-2020, 11:07 AM
I can't even imagine what it's like being a Jets fan today. I'm sure they're all looking at the Jags final 2 games and praying for some kind of miracle.

Ultimately I'm not sure Trevor Lawrence would have the needed effect anyway. If your organization is so inept that it hired Adam Gase after seeing what he did in Miami, then the situation is probably hopeless no matter what.

duncan_idaho
12-21-2020, 11:10 AM
Man, if the Jags can get things right, this draft REALLY sets them up to build a long-term winner.

They have some good young pieces to build around on D (Josh Allen, C.J. Henderson), a few good young WR (Chark, Shenault), and some quality vets (Andrew Norwell and Brandon Linder on the IOL, Myles Jack and Joe Schoebert on DL). And James Robinson looks like a keeper at RB, as well.

If I'm Eric Bienemy, that's a place I really want/consider, if I can.

The Jags have so much draft capital BEYOND #1, currently projecting to have:

They could easily get Trevor Lawrence and a long-term answer at LT with two of the first 3 picks, add a defensive playmaker with the other, and then add a ton of talent with the remaining picks.

It's a fun team to run a mock draft for right now, I'll tell you that...

If Lawrence is the real deal, the JAGS should be the team giving the Chiefs trouble in the AFC in a few years.

ChiefsCountry
12-21-2020, 11:10 AM

Tall. Check.

Good Arm. Check.

Winner. Check.

And he is mobile. But you are a dipshit.

wazu
12-21-2020, 11:12 AM
The sad thing is that we're going to miss out on the real "Game of Thrones" ending to this season for Jets fans. In my perfect script they have the #1 pick, but go defense.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 11:12 AM
Besides Mahomes, I would take Lawrence to start a franchise over any other QB currently playing in the league. He is a special talent and a winner.

I mean, the guy seems to fall somewhere in between Josh allen and mahomes. Big arm, mobile enough to set up throws on the run. And way more proven as a qb and winner than either of these guys going into the draft.

duncan_idaho
12-21-2020, 11:14 AM
Oh, and they're going to have anywhere from $50-70M in cap space (more if they cut Eiffert) to work with, too.

So they'll be able to fill holes that way, as well.

wazu
12-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Oh, and they're going to have anywhere from $50-70M in cap space (more if they cut Eiffert) to work with, too.

So they'll be able to fill holes that way, as well.

The London Jaguars will be badasses.

staylor26
12-21-2020, 11:19 AM
I mean, the guy seems to fall somewhere in between Josh allen and mahomes. Big arm, mobile enough to set up throws on the run. And way more proven as a qb and winner than either of these guys going into the draft.

LMAO @ “more proven as a winner”.

He plays for the best team in CFB.

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 11:19 AM
And he is mobile. But you are a dipshit.

I had someone tell me the same when I argued the 2018 QB class was overrated compared to 2017.

The argument isn't whether Lawrence is a good to great NFL QB prospect. He is.

Its how do you compare him to recent QBs such as Mahomes, Watson, Murray, and Burrow?

The media talking heads selling Lawrence as generational have missed a lot in just the last 5 years. What makes you convinced the guys who rated Rosen higher than Mahomes suddenly get it?

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 11:20 AM
The NFL has to be pretty furious that a prospect like Lawrence is falling to such a lukewarm NFL market. The Jets story line would be a ratings bonanza.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 11:25 AM
I had someone tell me the same when I argued the 2018 QB class was overrated compared to 2017.

The argument isn't whether Lawrence is a good to great NFL QB prospect. He is.

Its how do you compare him to recent QBs such as Mahomes, Watson, Murray, and Burrow?

The media talking heads selling Lawrence as generational have missed a lot in just the last 5 years. What makes you convinced the guys who rated Rosen higher than Mahomes suddenly get it?

Did anyone legitimately believe any qb since Andrew luck was a generational talent except guys trying to get clicks? The closest has been Joe burrow. Trevor Lawrence is without question a consensus #1.

Gary Cooper
12-21-2020, 11:26 AM
Imagine he and Minshew on the same team with those haircuts.

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 11:28 AM
Did anyone legitimately believe any qb since Andrew luck was a generational talent except guys trying to get clicks? The closest has been Joe burrow. Trevor Lawrence is without question a consensus #1.

So are you saying Lawrence is better than Mahomes? Or is a generation 3 years now?!

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 11:33 AM
So are you saying Lawrence is better than Mahomes? Or is a generation 3 years now?!

He doesn't have to be better than Mahomes to be generational. Let's start with saying he's the best QB prospect since Andrew luck. Could he be what Aaron Rodgers was in an era of Peyton and Brady? Who knows, but at least he has the upside. Can't imagine who in their right mind would have put Rosen in that camp. Good reason why he wasn't taken #1.

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 11:36 AM
He doesn't have to be better than Mahomes to be generational. Let's start with saying he's the best QB prospect since Andrew luck. Could he be what Aaron Rodgers was in an era of Peyton and Brady? Who knows, but at least he has the upside. Can't imagine who in their right mind would have put Rosen in that camp. Good reason why he wasn't taken #1.

Mahomes was just drafted in 2017. If Lawrence is generational he absolutely needs to be better than Mahomes..otherwise the word means little or the time-frame for it is laughably short.

wazu
12-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Mahomes was just drafted in 2017. If Lawrence is generational he absolutely needs to be better than Mahomes..otherwise the word means little or the time-frame for it is laughably short.

Agree with this statement. To be a generational "player" he needs to be better than Mahomes by a significant margin, which is impossible.

However, calling Trevor Lawrence a generational "prospect" seems appropriate. Feel like he's even more hyped than Andrew Luck was.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 11:57 AM

Every generation has a few qbs who define the era. If you don't have these qbs it's very difficult to win championships. For decades we had Brady, Peyton, brees, Rodgers. I don't think generational talent means he has to be better than a qb who could become GOAT. Trevor Lawrence has talent potential to check a lot of boxes most other qbs flat out can't. It doesn't make him the best but it could potentially make him generational.

KChiefs1
12-21-2020, 12:01 PM

No

They’ll trade out if they are smart.

FloridaMan88
12-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Fields looks like the next Haskins/Cardale Jones.

Sassy Squatch
12-21-2020, 12:05 PM
Generational as a prospect doesn't mean what some of you seem to think. Andrew Luck is still touted as a generational prospect and he ended up not being the best QB even in his own class.

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 12:11 PM
Agree with this statement. To be a generational "player" he needs to be better than Mahomes by a significant margin, which is impossible.

However, calling Trevor Lawrence a generational "prospect" seems appropriate. Feel like he's even more hyped than Andrew Luck was.

Right. The Daniel Jeremiah's and Bucky Brooks when pressed would just not admit they were wrong on Mahomes.

Even though Veach thought Mahomes was a generational prospect,
just saying Trevor is one of the best QB prospects to come out doesn't generate any clicks or hype.

The template of drafting a QB 20 years ago was the West Coast offense. So footwork, precision, basic reads..then add in height, arm talent. You want the Bill Parcells "winner". So using the template from 20 years ago, Trevor checks the boxes for older scouts the best.

Can he create in a decaying pocket like Patrick Mahomes? No, but these older scouts aren't focused on that.

Mecca
12-21-2020, 12:19 PM
Do you guys busting on Lawrence not watch him play or what? He's not some immobile pocket passer, he runs alot. Clemson runs and offense that isn't all that differei than what the Chiefs do.

And yes he lost to LSU, the one college game he lost, let's not mention whipping Bama as a true freshman or beating OSU after falling behind.

What exactly do people expect of this guy? He checks every single box you could ask for out of a prospect.

mililo4cpa
12-21-2020, 12:21 PM
I'm actually kind of liking Lawrence to the Jags instead of the Jets.

I know the Jets have plenty of fucking problems, but the Jags have those same problems AND they have no fans and only get 7 home games per season.

They're the biggest "who gives a fuck?" franchise in the NFL. And that's the kind of team Lawrence needs to go to. If the kid is so damn fucking great, then he'll resurrect that team. And I want to see what the media/fans do about the Jags being competitive again.

100% agreed with this, plus the proximately to South Carolina / Clemson, Jax would definitely pull in a bunch of new fans if he ended up there....

staylor26
Do you guys busting on Lawrence not watch him play or what? He's not some immobile pocket passer, he runs alot. Clemson runs and offense that isn't all that differei than what the Chiefs do.

And yes he lost to LSU, the one college game he lost, let's not mention whipping Bama as a true freshman or beating OSU after falling behind.

What exactly do people expect of this guy? He checks every single box you could ask for out of a prospect.

He’s a great prospect. #1 on my board and about as safe as it gets. He has a VERY high floor.

I just think his ceiling isn’t quite as high as people think.

Shields68
Man, if the Jags can get things right, this draft REALLY sets them up to build a long-term winner.

They have some good young pieces to build around on D (Josh Allen, C.J. Henderson), a few good young WR (Chark, Shenault), and some quality vets (Andrew Norwell and Brandon Linder on the IOL, Myles Jack and Joe Schoebert on DL). And James Robinson looks like a keeper at RB, as well.

If I'm Eric Bienemy, that's a place I really want/consider, if I can.

The Jags have so much draft capital BEYOND #1, currently projecting to have:

They could easily get Trevor Lawrence and a long-term answer at LT with two of the first 3 picks, add a defensive playmaker with the other, and then add a ton of talent with the remaining picks.

It's a fun team to run a mock draft for right now, I'll tell you that...

If Lawrence is the real deal, the JAGS should be the team giving the Chiefs trouble in the AFC in a few years.

Though I would think the top coaching candidates would need to make sure they get/got the right GM for them as well. It could continue to be a dumpster fire with a poor draft and poor use of cap space.

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 12:23 PM

I think he's the best QB in the 2021 draft. I don't think he's better than Mahomes was coming out.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2020, 12:24 PM
Mahomes vs Lawrence has the potential to be epic for the next decade.

Manning vs Brady II

Mecca
12-21-2020, 12:24 PM
He’s a great prospect. #1 on my board and about as safe as it gets. He has a VERY high floor.

I just think his ceiling isn’t quite as high as people think.

I don't think he busts at worst he's a good starter. But I think elite upside is there.

KChiefs1
12-21-2020, 12:25 PM

Agreed

Jets need to trade out of the 2nd pick.

Mecca
12-21-2020, 12:26 PM
I think he's the best QB in the 2021 draft. I don't think he's better than Mahomes was coming out.

If you put them in the same draft with the same grades Lawrence goes 1st, it's easy to say this now cause you know what Mahomes is.

Lawrence would go 1st in like the last 10 drafts.

Mecca
12-21-2020, 12:27 PM
Agreed

Jets need to trade out of the 2nd pick.

The 2nd best player is Penei Sewell, let's go OT again Jets.

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 12:33 PM
If you put them in the same draft with the same grades Lawrence goes 1st, it's easy to say this now cause you know what Mahomes is.

Lawrence would go 1st in like the last 10 drafts.

Depends who is doing the grading.

Veach? Sean Payton?

Daniel Jeremiah? Mel Kiper? Mike Mayock?

The last 3 sure, they want Lawrence. The top NFL guys go Mahomes.

Mecca
12-21-2020, 12:35 PM
Depends who is doing the grading.

Veach? Sean Payton?

Daniel Jeremiah? Mel Kiper? Mike Mayock?

The last 3 sure, they want Lawrence. The top NFL guys go Mahomes.

Lawrence's floor is much higher than Mahomes was as a prospect, shitty teams do place value on that factor that in.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 12:43 PM

I get the hesitation because osu QBs have been terrible prospects. But fields is nothing like those guys. Cardale and Haskins are statues, and it was a huge risk to assume they'd learn an nfl offense because they had to be pocket passers. Jt Barrett and Pryor were mobile but horrendous throwers. Fields is athletic and checks all the boxes when it comes to throwing the ball. And where urban meyer is qb poison, ryan day is not.

He's easily the best QB prospect to come out of OSU. The talent is there in spades. At worst he'll be a good running qb who can throw the ball. At best, I don't see why he can't have potential to be a taller version of kyler Murray.

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 12:45 PM
Lawrence's floor is much higher than Mahomes was as a prospect, shitty teams do place value on that factor that in.

I don't believe that either.

The low floor was only if you were viewing this through the old West Coast offense template.

Mecca
12-21-2020, 12:51 PM
I get the hesitation because osu QBs have been terrible prospects. But fields is nothing like those guys. Cardale and Haskins are statues, and it was a huge risk to assume they'd learn an nfl offense because they had to be pocket passers. Jt Barrett and Pryor were mobile but horrendous throwers. Fields is athletic and checks all the boxes when it comes to throwing the ball. And where urban meyer is qb poison, ryan day is not.

He's easily the best QB prospect to come out of OSU. The talent is there in spades. At worst he'll be a good running qb who can throw the ball. At best, I don't see why he can't have potential to be a taller version of kyler Murray.

Josh Fields is a 1 read QB, if its taken away he panics.

MahomesMagic
12-21-2020, 12:54 PM

I see Fields as a more mobile Jameis Winston.

duncan_idaho
12-21-2020, 01:02 PM
Though I would think the top coaching candidates would need to make sure they get/got the right GM for them as well. It could continue to be a dumpster fire with a poor draft and poor use of cap space.

A Bienemy/Dorsey package would make a lot of sense to me, for Jacksonville. Get someone to manage the cap for Dorsey and they'd be pretty set.

Fields is more physically talented than Cardale Jones and Haskins, but I agree with Mecca's statement that he's a one-read guy.

His talent at OSU has overwhelmed their conference opponents by so much every year he's been there, he hasn't had to read more than one player, usually, before taking off.

He has REALLY slow eyes when he's start trying to read the field (If you watched their title game against Northwestern last Saturday, we saw this). I don't know if that can be fixed... it's the main issue with Drew Lock.

Fields is, to me, Colin Kaerpernick. Big, physically talented guy with a big arm... but lacking the complementary skills to take full advantage of it.

Gary Cooper
12-21-2020, 01:06 PM

Manning vs Brady II

Yeah, I really wish he wasn't coming to the AFC. Especially if Allen, Burrow and Herbert develop into stars.

BuckeyeTheDog
12-21-2020, 01:10 PM
There are legit concerns about Fields. He will need a top notch program around him to coach him up. He sucked against Northwestern and has had some bad games. But he has also been nails at times.

Mahomes is Mahomes in part because the Chiefs organization is the Chiefs organization.

Lawrence would have a TON to overcome in a Jets organization. The Jags a little less so, IYAM.

The Jets even screw up getting the top pick with that useless, damaging win yesterday.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 01:18 PM

He is without a doubt a work in progress. I agree with the comment that he has slow eyes. But he has rare talent that can't be coached. When you have a qb this athletic who is also a willing thrower of a great ball, you have something to work with. Jets might actually be a good landing spot where you can bench him while giving darnold one last shot to prove himself.

But with his physical talents the floor is pretty high. At worst he could easily become Dak Prescott.

KChiefs1
12-21-2020, 02:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There&#39;s basically only one way for the Jets to regain the No. 1 pick in the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFLDraft?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFLDraft</a> — and <a href="https://twitter.com/richeisen?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@richeisen</a> turned to camera to make the plea:<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeFlight?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TakeFlight</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/rJyFsbhKA9">pic.twitter.com/rJyFsbhKA9</a></p>&mdash; Rich Eisen Show (@RichEisenShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status/1341083814928416768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KChiefs1
12-21-2020, 02:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Do. Not. Get. Me. Started!&quot;<br><br>-the <a href="https://twitter.com/richeisen?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@richeisen</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeFlight?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TakeFlight</a> rant we all wanted and knew was coming, was delivered perfectly by our broken host:<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/ik5I4Mu4uS">pic.twitter.com/ik5I4Mu4uS</a></p>&mdash; Rich Eisen Show (@RichEisenShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status/1341082978693357570?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Indian Chief
12-21-2020, 02:32 PM
The oddest thing, to me, is that the Jets are easily one of the worst teams I've ever seen. Historically bad. When they played the Chiefs it was like watching JV vs Varsity. Jacksonville is a bad team, but nowhere near the Jets. And yet the Jets will become the first 1-15 team to not have the first pick in the draft. It almost defies logic.

staylor26
12-21-2020, 02:35 PM
The oddest thing, to me, is that the Jets are easily one of the worst teams I've ever seen. Historically bad. When they played the Chiefs it was like watching JV vs Varsity. Jacksonville is a bad team, but nowhere near the Jets. And yet the Jets will become the first 1-15 team to not have the first pick in the draft. It almost defies logic.

There’s honestly not a huge difference between the Jets and Jags.

The Jags got lucky in week 1 and beat a Colts team that would’ve probably killed them any other week.

The Jets have had chances to beat decent to good teams like the Raiders, Pats, and the Rams. They’ve at least been competitive in a few games.

I’m not sure they don’t split 50/50 if they were to play twice or ten times.

htismaqe
12-21-2020, 02:36 PM

Manning vs Brady II

Here we go again.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2020, 02:38 PM
Here we go again.

Well. It does. I mean, that’s pretty cool right? Every hero needs an equally matched adversary. It makes things fun.

Sassy Squatch
12-21-2020, 02:39 PM
It's not good enough. For maximum Jets fan pain the Jaguars need to beat the Bears in week 16 then the Jets beat the Patriots in week 17.

Riflemen
12-21-2020, 02:39 PM
I hope Lawerence goes to Jacksonville. There are some nice weapons down there and it would be fun to watch.

RealSNR
12-21-2020, 02:45 PM
Well. It does. I mean, that’s pretty cool right? Every hero needs an equally matched adversary. It makes things fun.

According to you, it could be Mahomes vs like 15 different guys and you would call it the next Manning vs. Brady

htismaqe
12-21-2020, 02:53 PM

The dude hasn't even been drafted yet, let alone played in the NFL.

I guess it has "potential" but these broad proclamations of "decades" of rivalry are just kind of silly.

htismaqe
12-21-2020, 02:53 PM
According to you, it could be Mahomes vs like 15 different guys and you would call it the next Manning vs. Brady

Yep.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2020, 02:56 PM
There’s honestly not a huge difference between the Jets and Jags.

The Jags got lucky in week 1 and beat a Colts team that would’ve probably killed them any other week.

The Jets have had chances to beat decent to good teams like the Raiders, Pats, and the Rams. They’ve at least been competitive in a few games.

I’m not sure they don’t split 50/50 if they were to play twice or ten times.

Sure but if we're talking about a fix... A qb and a coach takes Jax a long way. The problem with nyj is up top. You can bring in a new qb but have to hope the owners don't screw things up and that includes bringing in a good head coach.

I'd say the Jets have better supporting talent but Jax is still a significantly better situation.

staylor26
12-21-2020, 03:10 PM
Sure but if we're talking about a fix... A qb and a coach takes Jax a long way. The problem with nyj is up top. You can bring in a new qb but have to hope the owners don't screw things up and that includes bringing in a good head coach.

I'd say the Jets have better supporting talent but Jax is still a significantly better situation.

The Jags are a better situation mostly because of all the draft picks and cap space along with the pieces they have in place. They have the edge there, but the Jets do have all of those things too.

Both owners are awful, but the Jets do have who appears to be a solid GM in Douglas.

I really liked their draft last year and I think they could’ve had a great one this year with Lawrence in the fold.

-King-
12-21-2020, 03:14 PM
Holy shit...Jets were 3 games away from potentially landing the most anticipated QB since Luck.

They just lit their Golden Ticket on fire...

All for a meaningless win where most of players will be gone as will the coaching staff...this seriously crippled their HC search. Having the #1 overall pick is quite the bargaining chip...

So Frank Reich/Colts has a choice to make in week 17...do they tank the last game to prevent Lawrence from being in their division for the next 15 year? They have no QB post-Rivers. How important is their play-off seeding to them long-term? Would they just treat it as a bye week...

If you travel back in time...how many teams, if the opportunity presented itself, would have dropped a single game to keep Manning, Brady, Montana, Farvre out of their division. Nothing is a sure thing...but Lawrence seems to be close.

NFL is rigging it so big market Jacksonville gets Lawrence over small market New York. Disgusting.