PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chris Jones to be Franchised

Pages : [1] 2

TheNoob
02-27-2020, 10:28 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> are going to franchise tag star DL Chris Jones, sources say. Not a surprise, but Kansas City views him in their long-term plans and hopes to get a deal done at some point. The window opens officially today.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1233065472989564929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

King_Chief_Fan
02-27-2020, 10:29 AM
link?

mnchiefsguy
02-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Nothing on NFL.com yet, although there is an article predicting he will be on the front page (duh).

TheNoob
02-27-2020, 10:32 AM
link?
fixed

The Franchise
02-27-2020, 10:33 AM
To me “are going to” is not the same as “has franchise tagged”.

Just me though.

ModSocks
02-27-2020, 10:34 AM
To me “are going to” is not the same as “has franchise tagged”.

Just me though.

Yeah. Thread title is premature. That's not what the tweet says.

Fix the thread title.

Fucking noobs...

RustShack
02-27-2020, 11:25 AM
Is this supposed to be news?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 11:46 AM
Not a bad plan tbh. Then you can work out a deal this offseason

Shields68
02-27-2020, 11:48 AM
Either sign him or tag him. Letting him walk is not an option. Not really news since they have not announced a signing.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 11:49 AM
Que Mahomo reposting this in ten thousand threads pretending to break the news

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 11:52 AM
This just means that they plan to work out a deal for Jones but probably not before free agency starts. This gives them time till the beginning of the season to get a deal done. I bet he doesn’t play under the tag this year

CasselGotPeedOn
02-27-2020, 11:54 AM
Que Mahomo reposting this in ten thousand threads pretending to break the news

He'll post it in the What did you have for dinner thread.

ChiefsLV
02-27-2020, 11:55 AM
Love to have him back but tag and trade a distinct possibility.

Easy 6
02-27-2020, 11:56 AM
They’ll work it out, I couldn’t be less worried

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 11:59 AM
So who on this team could get traded??

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> have to slash salary. Lots of talk here in Indy they could try to trade some players to at least get some value back. <a href="https://t.co/SlQLi7RSSZ">https://t.co/SlQLi7RSSZ</a></p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1233066989083643904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
02-27-2020, 12:04 PM
LDT
Watkins
Sorensen

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 12:33 PM
The first step in a tag and trade deal is to tag him

KChiefs1
02-27-2020, 12:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> are going to franchise tag star DL Chris Jones, sources say. Not a surprise, but Kansas City views him in their long-term plans and hopes to get a deal done at some point. The window opens officially today.</p>— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1233065472989564929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First step in the Tag & Trade.

gblowfish
02-27-2020, 12:38 PM
I think Veach will figure out a way to get him a long term deal. He's too good to let him walk.

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 12:41 PM
Trading him for a huge return is not the same as letting him walk.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 12:45 PM
Trading him for a huge return is not the same as letting him walk.

It's a stupid fucking idea given they likely won't get a huge enough return. Don't win the SB if he doesn't come back for the playoffs. You realize that right? PLENTY of ways to free up money to keep.

tonyetony
02-27-2020, 12:53 PM
It's a stupid ****ing idea given they likely won't get a huge enough return. Don't win the SB if he doesn't come back for the playoffs. You realize that right? PLENTY of ways to free up money to keep.

He contributed sure but to say we don't win the SB without him is just your opinion. You realize that right?

Chris Meck
02-27-2020, 12:54 PM
It's a stupid ****ing idea given they likely won't get a huge enough return. Don't win the SB if he doesn't come back for the playoffs. You realize that right? PLENTY of ways to free up money to keep.

I don't think that's necessarily true.

He played well, no doubt.

a 1st and a 3rd and all that cap room would go a long way to re-stocking.

I'm not sold either way, and ideally you could keep all the guys you want to, but this ain't Madden Football.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 12:54 PM
Another reason why they tagged him is because they don’t know about the new CBA and this tag makes sure he doesn’t go anywhere while the CBA is being figured out.

staylor26
02-27-2020, 12:56 PM
The first step in a tag and trade deal is to tag him

It’s also the first step in signing him long term. Nobody is signing long term deals until the CBA is done.

This means nothing and was going to happen either way. You realize that, right?

TinyEvel
02-27-2020, 12:57 PM
They should have negotiated with half the guys they want to keep during that parade.

“Hey lemme give you a ride back home...step into this van I wanna talk about something...”

They’d get everyone for half. Worked on me buying a ghost homes tour in New Orleans. Lol

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 01:01 PM
He contributed sure but to say we don't win the SB without him is just your opinion. You realize that right?

ROFL You realize I'm right about these things most of the time, right? So yeah we don't win with out him...

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 01:02 PM
It’s also the first step in signing him long term. Nobody is signing long term deals until the CBA is done.

This means nothing and was going to happen either way. You realize that, right?

your reasoning seems to be based on emotional ties to Chris Jones.

It's very John Dorsey to overpay a defensive player and not manage the cap.

And I wildly disagree that Chris Jones' production is unreplaceable.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 01:03 PM

ROFL

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 01:07 PM
ROFL

You contribute nothing on the regular.

saphojunkie
02-27-2020, 01:08 PM
ROFL

Another hardliner. Simple minds.

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 01:09 PM
It's nice to witneess True Fan Bad Takes in the wild

RunKC
02-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Who is Veach trying to trade? LDT is the only guy I can see.

Can’t trade Hitchens. Okafor has a $4 million dead cap if traded. I doubt anybody wants to trade for 1 year of Sorenson.

Cam Erving might fetch them a 6th. He’s the only other player I can think of

Mecca
02-27-2020, 01:21 PM
It's not unreplaceable, however you'd prefer to not let guys that are in their primes walk. Ideally they could find some type of agreement that would keep Jones here until he's nearing 30, then you've gotten his best years.

Zero issue on walking on players but yea this one is much harder he's a premier player in his prime, if you move him you damn sure better hit on those picks or you lost.

staylor26
02-27-2020, 01:22 PM

How the fuck is it emotional to want to keep the second best interior pass rusher in the league when he’s still a young acceding player?

You’re acting like we’re Pats fans wanting to keep Brady.

So fucking stupid.

Mecca
02-27-2020, 01:22 PM
Who is Veach trying to trade? LDT is the only guy I can see.

Can’t trade Hitchens. Okafor has a $4 million dead cap if traded. I doubt anybody wants to trade for 1 year of Sorenson.

Cam Erving might fetch them a 6th. He’s the only other player I can think of

If they decide they don't want LDT, Okafor or Sorenson they're cuts, teams don't trade for guys unless they are studs or they're giving up jack shit.

staylor26
02-27-2020, 01:23 PM
Another hardliner. Simple minds.

The irony.

Simple minded is thinking the only reason we want to keep Jones is because of our emotional ties.

TribalElder
02-27-2020, 01:25 PM
Chris Jones is on the Herd right now, he seems to be a bit down. Probably irritated with the franchise tag shit that broke today

Rain Man
02-27-2020, 01:26 PM
They should have negotiated with half the guys they want to keep during that parade.

“Hey lemme give you a ride back home...step into this van I wanna talk about something...”

They’d get everyone for half. Worked on me buying a ghost homes tour in New Orleans. Lol

Random story.

I went to Egypt back in 2001, and on a hot summer night we were walking to the Luxor temples. We'd been harassed by street vendors for days, so we were wary of anyone approaching.

Some dude approached in a nice buggy - don't remember if it was a donkey or a horse. He tried to get us to buy a ride the few blocks to the temple for XX Egyptian dollars, whatever they were called. We ignored him per standard practice. He kept the buggy beside us and kept lowering the price. Finally, we made a mistake. He got so low that we thought, 'okay, that's a screaming deal', and we climbed aboard.

It turned out that the beast of burden knew the route, so it kept walking. The guy turned around in his seat to face us and harassed and harassed and harassed us to give him more money. We were trying to have a conversation and he was yelling over us and getting in our faces until we eventually jumped off and wished him an eternity in hell. To this day, I hope that guy died in a bombing or something. Even among third world street vendors, he was a pox on the world.

Mecca
02-27-2020, 01:26 PM
Chris Jones is on the Herd right now, he seems to be a bit down. Probably irritated with the franchise tag shit that broke today

Well players aren't fans of the tag, but honestly for him,he'd have to play under it since he's made like no money so far in his career.

TribalElder
02-27-2020, 01:28 PM
Well players aren't fans of the tag, but honestly for him,he'd have to play under it since he's made like no money so far in his career.

He mentioned something about doing everything the right way but still not being enough. He is right about that though, he went about his business, stayed out of trouble, didn't hold out etc. Kind of shitty deal, he even mentioned the possibility of being traded.

staylor26
02-27-2020, 01:29 PM

Since you posted this I’ll take it with a grain of salt.

Mecca
02-27-2020, 01:31 PM
He mentioned something about doing everything the right way but still not being enough. He is right about that though, he went about his business, stayed out of trouble, didn't hold out etc. Kind of shitty deal, he even mentioned the possibility of being traded.

No matter how much you do it the right way, when you want Aaron Donald money with a team that has to pay it's star QB, this is what happens.

Also if this deal does get done, I hope Veach and Reid can be wizards because we are going to be taking a stars and jags approach and having to find late draft picks, USFA's or street free agents that can produce that other teams thought were done will become a standard.

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 01:32 PM
The irony.

Simple minded is thinking the only reason we want to keep Jones is because of our emotional ties.

No, simple-minded is listening to about a dozen actual researched reasons and rebutting with a facepalm emoji

Skyy God
02-27-2020, 01:35 PM

Sorry you're gonna make $15M next year, Jonesie.

staylor26
02-27-2020, 01:38 PM
No, simple-minded is listening to about a dozen actual researched reasons and rebutting with a facepalm emoji

Lol yea your reasoning of why we should trade Jones is based on a tons of research while ours is 100% emotional based. Got it.

What a dumbass.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 01:52 PM

Your "research" is pathetic. We've told you morons countless ways to keep a stud in his prime, but you continue to post gibberish

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 01:53 PM
Lol yea your reasoning of why we should trade Jones is based on a tons of research while ours is 100% emotional based. Got it.

What a dumbass.

:clap: Amazing that even a title cant fix the scourge of our fanbase. Still pulling the woe is us can't make it work bullshit

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 02:10 PM
You two should get a room of kleenex, emojis and chris jones 40 yard dash videos

saphojunkie
02-27-2020, 02:12 PM
The irony.

It's simplistic thinking, because people like PGM think that the ONLY option is keep jones. DO IT VEACH.

It's incredibly myopic.

You keep acting like I'm saying you HAVE to trade Jones. You don't have to trade him. You can sign him to a massive contract. It's going to fuck you in other ways. People act like signing Jones doesn't create huge problems. It does. But all they want to do is point out that trading him removes his talent from the team. Yes... I get that. It also injects talent at multiple other positions.

Keeping Jones is totally on the table. It can be done, but it WILL mean cutting other places. Most likely Watkins, LDT, and then letting Breeland and Fuller both walk. There are so many holes on this team to fill, and being maxed out cap-wise with another Jones contract will make it all the harder to fill.

I absolutely love the reverse logic that Veach can't POSSIBLY replace Jones with multiple high picks and cap space, but he ABSOLUTELY can replace Breeland, Fuller, Watkins, and LDT with no cap room and day three picks. It makes no sense.

Also, I'm not angry at you for wanting to keep Jones. You keep getting angry at me for pointing out the problems that creates and positing an alternative trade scenario.

So, yes... you're being emotional. I am not.

saphojunkie
02-27-2020, 02:14 PM

What a dumbass.

And yet here you are, with no objective reasoning other than "cuz I said so dumbass"

staylor26
02-27-2020, 02:21 PM
And yet here you are, with no objective reasoning other than "cuz I said so dumbass"

I’ve already stated that I wanted to keep Jones because he’s the second best interior pass rusher in the league and he’s still young and acending.

What more needs to be said? Is that not “objective reasoning”? It has nothing to do with emotions and you all keep running with that narrative. Me calling you a dumbass for it isn’t proof either like you’re trying to make it out to be. It’s because it’s a lazy/awful take.

O.city
02-27-2020, 02:22 PM
It's simplistic thinking, because people like PGM think that the ONLY option is keep jones. DO IT VEACH.

It's incredibly myopic.

You keep acting like I'm saying you HAVE to trade Jones. You don't have to trade him. You can sign him to a massive contract. It's going to **** you in other ways. People act like signing Jones doesn't create huge problems. It does. But all they want to do is point out that trading him removes his talent from the team. Yes... I get that. It also injects talent at multiple other positions.

Keeping Jones is totally on the table. It can be done, but it WILL mean cutting other places. Most likely Watkins, LDT, and then letting Breeland and Fuller both walk. There are so many holes on this team to fill, and being maxed out cap-wise with another Jones contract will make it all the harder to fill.

I absolutely love the reverse logic that Veach can't POSSIBLY replace Jones with multiple high picks and cap space, but he ABSOLUTELY can replace Breeland, Fuller, Watkins, and LDT with no cap room and day three picks. It makes no sense.

Also, I'm not angry at you for wanting to keep Jones. You keep getting angry at me for pointing out the problems that creates and positing an alternative trade scenario.

Well, yeah, it's easier to replace a journey man CB, a CB that was converted to safety for 4 games, a guard that's always hurt or a WR that shows up for 5 games per year than a top 2 or 3 DT in his prime.

Is that really a question?

O.city
02-27-2020, 02:24 PM
If you wanna tag and trade Jones, fine. I get it, I wouldn't necessarily do it but they have more info on it than we do.

But lets not white wash away how important and how good he is.

staylor26
02-27-2020, 02:25 PM
Well, yeah, it's easier to replace a journey man CB, a CB that was converted to safety for 4 games, a guard that's always hurt or a WR that shows up for 5 games per year than a top 2 or 3 DT in his prime.

Is that really a question?

Stop being emotional man. You only want to keep Jones because of your EMOTIONS!!!!

saphojunkie
I’ve already stated that I wanted to keep Jones because he’s the second best interior pass rusher in the league and he’s still young and acending.

What more needs to be said? Is that not “objective reasoning”? It has nothing to do with emotions and you all keep running with that narrative. Me calling you a dumbass for it isn’t proof either like you’re trying to make it out to be. It’s because it’s a lazy/awful take.

No, dude. that's not objective reasoning.

I want to eat pizza every day because it's delicious and affordable.

Isn't that all that needs to be said? What else could possibly factor into it? Oh... long term health? I don't care about long term health! We're in "EAT NOW" mode.

Lzen

But this is differnt than Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson, and Tamba Hali. Jones is young and just hitting his prime. I'm still on the fence on this one. I agree that you let players walk and replace them with the draft. This one is a bit different, though. Usually, you do this with players who are starting the downside of their careers.

staylor26
02-27-2020, 02:29 PM
No, dude. that's not objective reasoning.

I want to eat pizza every day because it's delicious and affordable.

Isn't that all that needs to be said? What else could possibly factor into it? Oh... long term health? I don't care about long term health! We're in "EAT NOW" mode.

:facepalm:

What the fuck? Now that’s not objective reasoning?

Anybody can get hurt dude. Whoever you pay with the money you save or use your draft picks on can get hurt too. They could also bust. This is so fucking retarded it’s unbelievable.

I guess signing Pat long term because he’s the best player in the NFL at the lost important postion isn’t “objective reasoning” either. Guess that means we have to consider trading him too.

saphojunkie
02-27-2020, 02:33 PM
If you wanna tag and trade Jones, fine. I get it, I wouldn't necessarily do it but they have more info on it than we do.

I feel the exact same way, but in the other direction. If you wanna tag and re-sign Jones, fine. I get it, I wouldn't necessarily do it but they have more info on it than we do.

But let's not white wash away how restricting that will be toward having a complete team.

saphojunkie
02-27-2020, 02:34 PM

What the fuck? Now that’s not objective reasoning?

Anybody can get hurt dude. Whoever you pay with the money you save or use your draft picks on can get hurt too. They could also bust. This is so fucking retarded it’s unbelievable.

I guess signing Pat long term because he’s the best player in the NFL at the lost important postion isn’t “objective reasoning” either. Guess that means we have to consider trading him too.

Now you're being willfully stupid.

staylor26
02-27-2020, 02:36 PM

What exactly did I say that isn’t true?

Can they not get hurt too? Can they not bust?

You act like the risk doesn’t go both ways when it does. I’m not saying there isn’t risk in re-signing Jones.

Skyy God
02-27-2020, 02:42 PM

Staylor is going full retard.

MVPat was worth an estimated 5.5 wins last year.

Jones (not on list), less than 1.1.

My guess: 2020 R1 pick plus 3rd plus 2-3 FAs combined win shares > Jones' win share.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044872/article/projecting-2019s-nfl-win-share-leaders-on-offense-defense

RunKC
02-27-2020, 02:47 PM
I love Chris Jones, but if we trade him I won’t be mad. We lost Ford and Houston last year and every media analyst said “how they gonna replace that?!”.

I trust Veach. He’s earned it.

siberian khatru
02-27-2020, 02:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">🤷🏾*♂️🤷🏾*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/Epa1krxWkP">https://t.co/Epa1krxWkP</a></p>&mdash; Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/StoneColdJones/status/1233129835033006081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
02-27-2020, 02:48 PM

My guess: 2020 R1 pick plus 3rd plus 2-3 FAs combined win shares > Jones' win share.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044872/article/projecting-2019s-nfl-win-share-leaders-on-offense-defense

"Win share leaders" Dafuq?

This isn't baseball. What an arbitrary, crap stat.

Anyway, i'll always favor signing our own home grown players who've earned it.

I'm not diggin' the player Carousel that some of you prefer.

ChiefBlueCFC
02-27-2020, 02:55 PM
LDT
Watkins
Sorensen

I think LDT and Sorensen are gone and I don't expect Sammy to take a pay cut. Maybe I'm wrong but.. but could see them getting rid of Wilson (i believe its Wilson) as well. Time's Ours podcast had a list of 5 players they could cut to have plenty of money to keep Chris Jones and not cut off their nose to spite their face.

Give me 3 stars on offense and 3 on defense and we are good IMO.

Pat, Reek, Kelce
Jones, Clark, Mathieu

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-27-2020, 02:59 PM
I think Veach will do what's best for the team... Period. He has given me no reason not to trust his decisions. I would love to keep Jones, I would also love to have good talent on D and also protecting Mahomes. Players will want to play for the Chiefs at a reasonable discount knowing they have a chance at a ring each year, hopefully Jones will be willing to take a discount that allows him to stay. We can't afford him at the price some team will pay to have him and we should get value if this end up being the case. Sucks, but it's smart business.

MahiMike
02-27-2020, 03:03 PM

It's true. He should have been co-MVP.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 03:15 PM
Rap sheet said he will be here long term

staylor26
02-27-2020, 03:17 PM

In no way was I saying that Jones’ value was close to Pat’s. Nor would he be paid like it.

I’m not going full retard, you just missed the point entirely.

Jones is a great player and is young/ascending. He’s the second best interior pass rusher in the league and those guys are just as valuable as anything outside of a QB. That’s objective reasoning just like it is for Pat.

I get so much shit for calling you guys idiots, but your reading comprehension continually suggests I’m right. I often find myself having to explain things over and over on here when I’ve said it clearly before. It’s pathetic.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 03:23 PM
Andrew Siciliano talked with RapSheet and Rapiport said Jones will NOT be put on the market

O.city
02-27-2020, 03:29 PM
I feel the exact same way, but in the other direction. If you wanna tag and re-sign Jones, fine. I get it, I wouldn't necessarily do it but they have more info on it than we do.

But let's not white wash away how restricting that will be toward having a complete team.

If the goal is having a complete team, you probably shouldn't sign Mahomes to a monster deal either.

RunKC
02-27-2020, 03:57 PM
If the goal is having a complete team, you probably shouldn't sign Mahomes to a monster deal either.

Yeah. And why can’t we expect Veach to keep getting these good players on rookie contracts?

Buttkicker, Ward, Ragland, Erving, Ogbah, Rankin, Nnandi, Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders.

It’s like people don’t believe in Veach even though he’s proven it

Stinger
02-27-2020, 04:04 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">🤷🏾*♂️🤷🏾*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/Epa1krxWkP">https://t.co/Epa1krxWkP</a></p>&mdash; Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/StoneColdJones/status/1233129835033006081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Full interview:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y6PI40ugheA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder
02-27-2020, 04:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Spoke with Patrick Mahomes’ agent, Leigh Steinberg, this morning.<br><br>I joked about extension being easiest of his career. Steinberg made point of getting Mahomes what he deserves while ensuring Chiefs can maintain a good roster.<br><br>“Quarterback greatness is judged by Super Bowls.”</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1233027322690908162?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
02-27-2020, 04:05 PM
Yeah. And why can’t we expect Veach to keep getting these good players on rookie contracts?

Buttkicker, Ward, Ragland, Erving, Ogbah, Rankin, Nnandi, Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders.

But look at the Seahawks!!!

Hoover
02-27-2020, 04:38 PM
I'm sorry but I can't see any way how being tagged by a team is some sign of disrespect. They are doing nothing more than protecting their investment.

Chargem
02-27-2020, 04:51 PM

I'm not knocking Veach at all, but you padded that list with some Meh like Ragland and Erving. And Rankin is mostly an unknown at this point.

But I still think Veach has done a good job, just sayin'

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 04:54 PM
Terez says on his podcast that Jones will be here long term. There just waiting for the new CBA to get a long term deal done. Same approach with Watkins

Hoover
02-27-2020, 05:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Spoke with Patrick Mahomes’ agent, Leigh Steinberg, this morning.<br><br>I joked about extension being easiest of his career. Steinberg made point of getting Mahomes what he deserves while ensuring Chiefs can maintain a good roster.<br><br>“Quarterback greatness is judged by Super Bowls.”</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1233027322690908162?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
My sources are telling me that Pat's going to sign for $36M a year, but its mostly going to be guaranteed. Dak should have taken 33 when it was offered.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 05:02 PM
My sources are telling me that Pat's going to sign for $36M a year, but its mostly going to be guaranteed. Dak should have taken 33 when it was offered.

Watch Mahomes fuck up the whole QB market 😂. All the other QBs are gonna hate him

BossChief
02-27-2020, 05:09 PM
It will be interesting if they tag Jones as exclusive (can’t negotiate with other teams) or non exclusive (other teams can negotiate with him then trade).

That’s a HUGE part of this equation nobody is talking about.

Unless I missed it (which is possible)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 05:12 PM
It will be interesting if they tag Jones as exclusive (can’t negotiate with other teams) or non exclusive (other teams can negotiate with him then trade).

He’s not getting traded for fucks sake. Been reported by multiple people

BossChief
02-27-2020, 05:16 PM
He’s not getting traded for fucks sake. Been reported by multiple people

The non exclusive tag is cheaper.

Right now, I don’t think KC has enough cap space to even tag Jones.

BigRedChief
02-27-2020, 05:17 PM
a 1st and a 3rd and all that cap room would go a long way to re-stocking.

I'm not sold either way, and ideally you could keep all the guys you want to, but this ain't Madden Football.This is our new reality until Mahomes retires. Its not about smoke and mirrors to get some cap room for this year. You can only fanangle so much. Mahomes $40 million a year ain't going away. Hard unpopular choices need to be made.

Easy 6
02-27-2020, 05:52 PM
When Jones was out down the stretch, our interior rush was nonexistent... it’s Krazy how many here are perfectly fine jettisoning a top 2 DT in the league as if guys like him are dime a dozen

“Tag and trade”

“Draft a guy and sign veteran slapdick X”

It’s nonsense, and Veach damn well knows it even if some you dont

Mecca
02-27-2020, 05:57 PM
When Jones was out down the stretch, our interior rush was nonexistent... it’s Krazy how many here are perfectly fine jettisoning a top 2 DT in the league as if guys like him are dime a dozen

“Tag and trade”

I don't think anyone is fine with it, but we do have a salary crunch. Do you think having 3 109 million+ players won't Bevan issue when it comes to building the team?

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 05:59 PM
Get em Easy!!! You are spot fucking on...don't win the title without him

MahiMike
02-27-2020, 06:01 PM

Dak should have taken $13M.

tyecopeland
02-27-2020, 06:10 PM

It's incredibly myopic.

You keep acting like I'm saying you HAVE to trade Jones. You don't have to trade him. You can sign him to a massive contract. It's going to fuck you in other ways. People act like signing Jones doesn't create huge problems. It does. But all they want to do is point out that trading him removes his talent from the team. Yes... I get that. It also injects talent at multiple other positions.

You sound upset. How about you try not to let your emotions run away with you?

Easy 6
02-27-2020, 06:14 PM
I don't think anyone is fine with it, but we do have a salary crunch. Do you think having 3 109 million+ players won't Bevan issue when it comes to building the team?

Veach is going to keep the band together... then see how the CBA, the future market, and all the intangible issues shake out

All the rhetoric from both sides is glowing, this is all gonna work out... it’s as sure as a cool spring rain IMHO

But it’s the offseason so we gotta chew on something I guess

BryanBusby
02-27-2020, 06:15 PM

“Tag and trade”

tbh I think Kinlaw is a very similar player to Chris Jones. If they could land a high enough 1 to secure him and get something extra in compensation, I'd at least consider it.

Couch-Potato
02-27-2020, 06:26 PM
Sign Mahomes, tag Jones, extend Watkins and max out cap space...draft the rest.

Direckshun
02-27-2020, 06:34 PM
Has there been any additional reporting since the OP?

That the Chiefs are tagging because they want to keep Jones and sign him, or because they're considering trading him?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 06:44 PM
Has there been any additional reporting since the OP?

That the Chiefs are tagging because they want to keep Jones and sign him, or because they're considering trading him?

Terez, Rapoport, Garafolo all day Jones will sign here long term. Terez said they are applying the tag because they don’t know what’s up with the new CBA. Garafolo said we may have to trade some other guys (Not Jones)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 06:44 PM
Jones said if they play 17 games he’d like 2 bye weeks, 5 padded practices instead of 14 and more time away from the facilities

Direckshun
02-27-2020, 06:50 PM
Terez, Rapoport, Garafolo all day Jones will sign here long term. Terez said they are applying the tag because they don’t know what’s up with the new CBA. Garafolo said we may have to trade some other guys (Not Jones)

Thanks. Follow up question:

Did Garofalo say that because he was speculating or was he citing inside sources?

Coogs
02-27-2020, 07:08 PM

Who are the players we have that we could trade and help with the cap situation?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 07:18 PM
Who are the players we have that we could trade and help with the cap situation?

LDT, Hitchens, Erving

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-27-2020, 07:19 PM

This is what makes sense... Sign Mahomes to 7 year $36m with $250m guaranteed. If he gets hurt we are fucked anyway...If he doesn't, every other team is fucked...LMAO

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 07:19 PM
Thanks. Follow up question:

Did Garofalo say that because he was speculating or was he citing inside sources?

He said he’s heard some chatter here in Indy

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-27-2020, 07:20 PM
Watch Mahomes **** up the whole QB market 😂. All the other QBs are gonna hate him

It's not fucking up the market if he get $250m Guaranteed.

Coogs
02-27-2020, 07:26 PM
LDT, Hitchens, Erving

Would there be a market for any one of those three?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 07:27 PM
Would there be a market for any one of those three?

Watkins maybe. LDT possibly. Hitchens probably no due to his contract. Erving possibly

Coogs
02-27-2020, 07:36 PM
Watkins maybe. LDT possibly. Hitchens probably no due to his contract. Erving possibly

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

Not really much cap relief in trading anyone. Watkins is about it

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-27-2020, 08:06 PM

If the new CBA Agreement is approved as is, one of the tags will go away this year, right. Will the team have a choice of which one to use?

Marcellus
02-27-2020, 08:29 PM
Jones said if they play 17 games he’d like 2 bye weeks, 5 padded practices instead of 14 and more time away from the facilities

Is that all? Seems reasonable for a 6% increase in game time.

Marcellus
02-27-2020, 08:32 PM
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

Not really much cap relief in trading anyone. Watkins is about it

Cutting Reiter would save $3.5MM and he basically sucks.

Coogs
02-27-2020, 08:34 PM
Cutting Reiter would save $3.5MM and he basically sucks.

They were talking trades. Would anyone trade for Reiter?

BossChief
02-27-2020, 08:40 PM
If the new CBA Agreement is approved as is, one of the tags will go away this year, right. Will the team have a choice of which one to use?

I’m not talking about the transition tag.

When you franchise tag a player there are 2 versions.

1) Exclusive- the player gets more $ and can only negotiate with his own team.

2) non exclusive- player get less $ but can negotiate with other teams on contract and team can trade for the player if contract is agreed upon (sometimes not with a new deal but the 2 sides know parameters)

The type of franchise tag used is a big chess piece.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 08:43 PM
Cap expected to rise 80-90 million as soon as 2021 ROFL You clowns might want to reassess some of this bullshit you are throwing out...

BossChief
02-27-2020, 08:43 PM
The transition tag is similar to the non exclusive franchise tag but the player can negotiate with other teams and once he finds a deal he would sign, the current team has a window of a few days to match that offer or lose the player with no compensation.

BossChief
02-27-2020, 08:48 PM
Cap expected to rise 80-90 million as soon as 2021 ROFL You clowns might want to reassess some of this bullshit you are throwing out...

It’s not going to go up quite THAT fast.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2020, 08:53 PM
Tell that to the damn owners that are saying this then...even so, it's going to rise more than enough to keep 95.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2020, 09:12 PM

Yes, and let's not forget that many who get their big deal often times pull their throttle back and start becoming oft injured missing time. You never get your $$'s worth in these big deals the majority of the time except at the QB position. Who knows how CJ will perform if and when he finally gets his big deal. If Reid thinks CJ has Reggie White character then go for it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 09:12 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talking to people in Indy, there&#39;s a general belief Bashaud Breeland has a strong market. Played very well in KC last season. Might be tough for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> to keep him around considering their cap situation.<br><br>Not impossible, but certainly a challenge.</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1233139746400022529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BossChief
02-27-2020, 10:18 PM
Yes, and let's not forget that many who get their big deal often times pull their throttle back and start becoming oft injured missing time. You never get your $$'s worth in these big deals the majority of the time except at the QB position. Who knows how CJ will perform if and when he finally gets his big deal. If Reid thinks CJ has Reggie White character then go for it.

If they felt CJ would “turn the switch off after getting paid”, Veach wouldn’t be trying to re-sign Chris. He would be trading him like Peters, Ford and others. Chris is a very hard worker and is matched with a really good position coach.

Jones is going to be one of the biggest parts of this dynasty.

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 10:26 PM

It would be a lot easier to debate this with you if you weren't a fucking douchenozzle to everybody who disagrees with you.

Tribal Warfare
02-28-2020, 02:19 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i7ZpdRkrM6U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wallcrawler
02-28-2020, 08:30 AM

Bro. Do you even math?

St. Patty's Fire
02-28-2020, 11:39 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i7ZpdRkrM6U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was gonna post this. Great interview. People who wonder why Cowherd is popular, this is why. The man is a great interviewer. He may be a dummy most of the time but he asks great questions.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-28-2020, 11:43 AM
Probably a reason why Jones was tagged. Until a new a new CBA is approved on there will be no new deals

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The 2019 salary cap was $188.2 million, so another $10M+ jump. Whether, and how much more, the salary cap would rise in 2020 under a new CBA would depend on whether that additional revenue is counted towards salary cap or benefits.</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1233435940267360257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni
02-28-2020, 11:56 AM
Bro. Do you even math?

The fuck is wrong with you? Talk is it could happen as soon as the 21 22 season

Wallcrawler
02-28-2020, 12:29 PM
The **** is wrong with you? Talk is it could happen as soon as the 21 22 season

I got a sweet bridge to sell you, breh.

Caps going up roughly 12 mil this year. It will not suddenly just out of the blue begin jumping 85 and 90 million a year.

I don't know how much you think tv deals generate, but it isnt that much.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-28-2020, 12:31 PM
I got a sweet bridge to sell you, breh.

We are re signing Jones. Prepare for it..

Wallcrawler
02-28-2020, 12:34 PM
Was gonna post this. Great interview. People who wonder why Cowherd is popular, this is why. The man is a great interviewer. He may be a dummy most of the time but he asks great questions.

Cowherd is a clown that was CLEARLY trying to get Chris to speak ill of the organization for franchising him. He was digging pretty hard for some ill will.

Hoover
02-28-2020, 12:39 PM
Cowherd is a clown that was CLEARLY trying to get Chris to speak ill of the organization for franchising him. He was digging pretty hard for some ill will.
I disagree.

Cowherd is a good interviewer and knows to get attention you have to be provocative. He knows what he's doing. And sometimes its over the top, but he does that shit for a reason.

Wallcrawler
02-28-2020, 12:44 PM
We are re signing Jones. Prepare for it..

Has nothing to do with your gross overestimation of 85-90 million cap jumps. But sure, I'll bite on the rest since your fixation with Jones amuses me.

Hes not signjng before the Mahomes deal, clearly. Jones has been franchised. Hes a chief this year unless he refuses to play.

After the new CBA, who knows.

But as of RIGHT NOW, your man crush isnt top priority. Sorry.

One would question how high with the organization he ranked when Veach paid Clark before him, and hes on record saying theyve handled their signings with a lot of foresight. Giving Clark Jonesies money tells me they think differently than you on where Jones falls in priority.

Jones is clearly butthurt about the tag, so he may leave of his own volition when free to do so, IF he is not already in talks with other teams as part of the tag n trade we all know is on the table.

Nobody wants to play under a tag due to injury risk jeopardizing their future. I wouldn't hold it against him to get his security now, after he already got the ring.

I hope you find a coping mechanism should your boy be in different colors next year. You sure seem to take big offense to ANY possibility the dude could be gone

Wallcrawler
02-28-2020, 12:49 PM
I disagree.

Cowherd is a good interviewer and knows to get attention you have to be provocative. He knows what he's doing. And sometimes its over the top, but he does that shit for a reason.

I guess I watched a different interview.

Cowshit was clearly trying to get Jones to cut loose about being tagged, which he sort of did with the do i need 30 sacks comment.

That shit isnt professional. Hey, it okay, i get it i totally get it, you can say how you feel about it. I get it.

Dude was begging for a negative soundbyte to stir shit with.

kccrow
02-28-2020, 01:22 PM

It's not that he can't. There were resources used to obtain that talent.

Charvarius Ward - cost = traded Parker Ehinger = 4th round pick
Reggie Ragland - cost = traded 4th Round pick
Emmanuel Ogbah - cost = traded Eric Murray = 4th round pick
Cameron Erving - cost = traded 5th round pick
Martinas Rankin - cost = Carlos Hyde (FA)
Derrick Nnadi - cost = 3rd round pick
Mecole Hardman - cost = 2nd round pick
Juan Thornhill - cost = 2nd round pick
Khalen Saunders - cost = 3rd round pick

And then you look at that, and what you said and you think what could Veach do with a 1st and 3rd and free cap space instead of Jones?

KChiefs1
02-28-2020, 02:28 PM
I think LDT and Sorensen are gone and I don't expect Sammy to take a pay cut. Maybe I'm wrong but.. but could see them getting rid of Wilson (i believe its Wilson) as well. Time's Ours podcast had a list of 5 players they could cut to have plenty of money to keep Chris Jones and not cut off their nose to spite their face.

Give me 3 stars on offense and 3 on defense and we are good IMO.

Pat, Reek, Kelce

Jones, Clark, Mathieu

You definitely need a core of great players. Key positions are:

Offense:
QB: check
WR: check
TE: check
LT: check
RT: check

Defense:
Edge: check
DT: check
LB:
CB:
S: check

Need to keep Jones & draft LB & CB.

The Franchise
02-28-2020, 03:39 PM
Take it FWIW but apparently Soren Petro said on 810 that the Chiefs offered Jones the same contract as JJ Watt and Jones turned it down.

Watt is signed to a 6 year $100 million dollar contract.

TribalElder
02-28-2020, 03:49 PM
Take it FWIW but apparently Soren Petro said on 810 that the Chiefs offered Jones the same contract as JJ Watt and Jones turned it down.

Watt is signed to a 6 year $100 million dollar contract.

damn, 6 years at 16 mil per

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-28-2020, 03:50 PM
damn, 6 years at 16 mil per

That’s insulting tbh like no lie. I’d offer Jones the exact contract as Frank Clark

The Franchise
02-28-2020, 03:52 PM
It’s fucking Petro. It’s not been verified by anyone else. So just a rumor.

RunKC
02-28-2020, 04:01 PM
It's not that he can't. There were resources used to obtain that talent.

Charvarius Ward - cost = traded Parker Ehinger = 4th round pick
Reggie Ragland - cost = traded 4th Round pick
Emmanuel Ogbah - cost = traded Eric Murray = 4th round pick
Cameron Erving - cost = traded 5th round pick
Martinas Rankin - cost = Carlos Hyde (FA)
Derrick Nnadi - cost = 3rd round pick
Mecole Hardman - cost = 2nd round pick
Juan Thornhill - cost = 2nd round pick
Khalen Saunders - cost = 3rd round pick

And then you look at that, and what you said and you think what could Veach do with a 1st and 3rd and free cap space instead of Jones?

While good, none of those players are close to the talent and value as Chris Jones. It’s hard to find DL as athletic and big as him that performs the way he does. Those guys don’t come around often and when they do, they are top 15 picks.

Salary is going up big time after the new CBA. We can keep him. Let’s do it

Pasta Little Brioni
02-28-2020, 04:15 PM
Lots of smoke around a 240 million cap beginning in 2021...

kccrow
02-28-2020, 04:23 PM
While good, none of those players are close to the talent and value as Chris Jones. It’s hard to find DL as athletic and big as him that performs the way he does. Those guys don’t come around often and when they do, they are top 15 picks.

No problem with keeping him. Who you cutting or not re-signing or both?

kccrow
02-28-2020, 04:24 PM

Lots of smoke between your ears. Good thing I explained how it can/will get there and beyond at length.

RunKC
02-28-2020, 04:29 PM
No problem with keeping him. Who you cutting or not re-signing or both?

LDT
Sorenson
Reiter
Erving

I’d also put 2 more years on Kelce’s contract and push that scam down the road.

Wallcrawler
02-28-2020, 05:46 PM
The chiefs did the right thing with tagging Jones. While it is very unpopular with players and the guy has earned the right to a multi year deal, dude needs to understand that its the best player on the planet being taken care of before him.

Its not a slight, by any means, but in his Cowherd interview he acts like its this mixed emotions thing, talking about do i need 30 sacks and shit.

Sorry dude, you give any team the choice to lock down either PMII or Chris Jones, Jones eats the tag 100% in every fathomable scenario.

Take your 15-16 mil this year, it still good money, get your back to back championships, and when the space is there, the Chiefs can extend properly.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-28-2020, 06:44 PM
The chiefs did the right thing with tagging Jones. While it is very unpopular with players and the guy has earned the right to a multi year deal, dude needs to understand that its the best player on the planet being taken care of before him.

Its not a slight, by any means, but in his Cowherd interview he acts like its this mixed emotions thing, talking about do i need 30 sacks and shit.

Sorry dude, you give any team the choice to lock down either PMII or Chris Jones, Jones eats the tag 100% in every fathomable scenario.

Take your 15-16 mil this year, it still good money, get your back to back championships, and when the space is there, the Chiefs can extend properly.

Dude is getting signed before season starts. They just tagged him for now because of the CBA influx

FAX
02-28-2020, 06:57 PM
Dude is getting signed before season starts. They just tagged him for now because of the CBA influx

Uncle Merris used to tell us kids, "Always remember kids ... a joke is the truth wrapped in a smile. But a framing hammer to your enemy's forehead is the truth wrapped in a guffaw."

That's why I think Uncle Merris would tend to agree with this opinion.

Veach needed to wrap up Jones while awaiting the CBA. They are also a few weeks behind on draft and FA assessments this year, so it helps to table the Jones issue for the time being.

Now they need to renegotiate Sammy's deal.

FAX

BossChief
02-28-2020, 08:44 PM

That’s almost exactly what I posted a couple months back. I was told the cap would skyrocket to 300m in 4-5 years.

The 2020 cap will be 204 (adding to that will be 2 1.5m exemptions)

2021 will be 230-235m

2022 will be 265-270

2023 will be damn close to 300m

By 2024 it will be over 300m.

I’m skeptical about this supposed 85m jump, but Jason has shared valid info before so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

saphojunkie
02-28-2020, 08:51 PM

Except Jones was a second round pick so your entire point is wrong

saphojunkie
02-28-2020, 08:52 PM
That’s almost exactly what I posted a couple months back. I was told the cap would skyrocket to 300m in 4-5 years.

The 2020 cap will be 204 (adding to that will be 2 1.5m exemptions)

2021 will be 230-235m

2022 will be 265-270

2023 will be damn close to 300m

By 2024 it will be over 300m.

I’m skeptical about this supposed 85m jump, but Jason has shared valid info before so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

If true it would be the clear path to keeping Jones, as his contract would age well.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-28-2020, 09:24 PM
Looks like Tyreek has joined Jones notion that they should say no to the CBA

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Agreed</p>&mdash; Ty Hill (@cheetah) <a href="https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1233586794496745472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BossChief
02-28-2020, 09:42 PM
Have we actually tagged Jones yet?

I’m not sure we even have the cap space to tag him...yet.

BossChief
02-28-2020, 09:46 PM
Looks like Tyreek has joined Jones notion that they should say no to the CBA

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Agreed</p>&mdash; Ty Hill (@cheetah) <a href="https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1233586794496745472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That’s a flat out stupid tweet.

Even for NFL players.

BossChief
02-28-2020, 10:52 PM
Kinda sucks hearing Jones talk about KC in past-tense at times...then catches himself and rephrased in present tense.

DRM08
02-29-2020, 12:21 AM
Sure sounds like he's not happy about the tag. If they have to trade him, hopefully they can get good value out of it.

staylor26
02-29-2020, 12:23 AM
Sure sounds like he's not happy about the tag. If they have to trade him, hopefully they can get good value out of it.

He said he had “mixed feelings”. Nobody likes being tagged, but he understand it’s a business. It’s a non-issue.

BossChief
02-29-2020, 12:30 AM

To me, his reaction seemed rational. He wants to get a long term deal to stay in KC so bad...listen to his responses and he understands that there’s a chance he stays and a chance he goes...but that he clearly wants to stay.

He understands Veach is trying to keep him.

He just needs to decide what’s most important to him.

Top dollar or a winning career.

If he wants max $$$, he will likely be traded. If he’s interested in winning titles, he needs to understand that he needs to take a little less to stay on a stacked with talent team.

Red Dawg
02-29-2020, 01:12 AM
Jones is gone. Trade probably.

Chargem
02-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Is he officially tagged yet?

Chris Meck
02-29-2020, 08:20 AM
I think it all depends on the CBA.

HemiEd
02-29-2020, 08:21 AM
LDT
Watkins
Colquitt

Fixed it for you. I think Dan has shown his value.

saphojunkie
02-29-2020, 11:20 AM
To me, his reaction seemed rational. He wants to get a long term deal to stay in KC so bad...listen to his responses and he understands that there’s a chance he stays and a chance he goes...but that he clearly wants to stay.

He understands Veach is trying to keep him.

He just needs to decide what’s most important to him.

Top dollar or a winning career.

If he wants max $$$, he will likely be traded. If he’s interested in winning titles, he needs to understand that he needs to take a little less to stay on a stacked with talent team.

I wonder if you could save money by fully guaranteeing the contract, since that's the number that matters, anyway. Would Jones sign for $13M a year, if it were 100% fully guaranteed? Like 6 years, $78M?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-29-2020, 11:23 AM
I wonder if you could save money by fully guaranteeing the contract, since that's the number that matters, anyway. Would Jones sign for $13M a year, if it were 100% fully guaranteed? Like 6 years, $78M?

Not a chance in hell and as a Chiefs fan that’s damn insulting. He deserves to get paid Frank Clark money. You don’t let an all time great DT go. You find a way to make it work. I trust in Veach

The Franchise
02-29-2020, 01:16 PM
Have we actually tagged Jones yet?

I’m not sure we even have the cap space to tag him...yet.

You don’t have to be under the cap until a certain date right? You can be over until then. Or I could be remembering it wrong.

saphojunkie
02-29-2020, 01:36 PM
Not a chance in hell and as a Chiefs fan that’s damn insulting. He deserves to get paid Frank Clark money. You don’t let an all time great DT go. You find a way to make it work. I trust in Veach

Frank Clark has 63M in guaranteed money. Jones would be getting more guaranteed money. Still, I wonder what the numbers are on percentage of total numbers that players get out of their contracts? Find that league average, go slightly below, and fully guarantee the money.

BossChief
02-29-2020, 04:53 PM

No way. Even offering him that would be a huge sign of disrespect that would lead to a holdout and getting minimal compensation in a trade.

The best case scenario is giving him a 3/60 type deal that lets him hit FA again in the new CBA while he’s still young enough to command another big contract.

Kiimo
03-02-2020, 01:47 PM
That’s a flat out stupid tweet.

Even for NFL players.

The CBA offer is horrible for players, especially ones on their first contract.

saphojunkie
03-02-2020, 02:34 PM
No way. Even offering him that would be a huge sign of disrespect that would lead to a holdout and getting minimal compensation in a trade.

The best case scenario is giving him a 3/60 type deal that lets him hit FA again in the new CBA while he’s still young enough to command another big contract.

interesting. I like this idea.

Hoover
03-02-2020, 02:35 PM
interesting. I like this idea.
I'd do that in a heartbeat

BossChief
03-02-2020, 02:39 PM
The CBA offer is horrible for players, especially ones on their first contract.

It’s not horrible at all.

RunKC
03-02-2020, 02:41 PM
I don’t want to trade the guy, but if we did, this is definitely the draft to do it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-02-2020, 03:03 PM
I don’t want to trade the guy, but if we did, this is definitely the draft to do it.

WE ARENT TRADING HIM!! Been reported by numerous reporters in

chiefforlife
03-02-2020, 03:10 PM
WE ARENT TRADING HIM!! Been reported by numerous reporters in

Way to early to say this, especially in all Caps.

Chiefs and reporters are saying they would like to keep him long term. Of course they are going to say that. NO ONE knows what will happen yet.

Even if they do intend to keep him and then another team offers a deal to good to pass up, they could take it.

Settle down man, until its a signed deal its not done.

Kiimo
03-02-2020, 04:25 PM
It’s not horrible at all.

Yes, it is.

Red Dawg
03-02-2020, 04:26 PM
We have to trade. We have no way to pay him top dollar without screwing the whole team.

Kiimo
03-02-2020, 04:43 PM
I don't think we "have" to but I do think we'll be much better off if we do. This is a draft where you really want to have two late #1 picks if you don't need a QB or tackle.

There is so much value in WR and ILB in this draft. An extra 1st and 3rd or better would be huge for our team moving forward.

BossChief
03-02-2020, 05:02 PM
I don't think we "have" to but I do think we'll be much better off if we do. This is a draft where you really want to have two late #1 picks if you don't need a QB or tackle.

There is so much value in WR and ILB in this draft. An extra 1st and 3rd or better would be huge for our team moving forward.

So would having a DT with DMVP potential.

I swear some of you would win a million dollars on a lottery ticket and use the money to buy a million dollars worth of lottery tickets.

staylor26
03-02-2020, 05:08 PM

Lol I love how you talk about it as if we’re not losing much or anything at all.

saphojunkie
03-02-2020, 05:42 PM
Lol I love how you talk about it as if we’re not losing much or anything at all.

No one said anything like that wtf

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-02-2020, 05:49 PM
The cap will go up each year. An extra game and playoff game means more revenue. We have the space to sign Jones

staylor26
03-02-2020, 05:56 PM
No one said anything like that wtf

When you talk about trading Jones and filling needs at LB and CB without acknowledging that interior pass rush jumps into our top 3 needs the second that trade is made, it certainly seems that way.

If you trade Jones for a 1st and a pick next year, it doesn’t make it any easier to fill needs through the draft this year because even though you added a pick you likely are taking a guy like Blacklock or Gallimore with one of your 1st rounders.

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2020, 05:57 PM
So would having a DT with DMVP potential.

I swear some of you would win a million dollars on a lottery ticket and use the money to buy a million dollars worth of lottery tickets.

The Chiefs have the 2nd best defensive lineman in the NFL in Chris Jones, and I swear, all I've seen since the Chiefs won the Super Bowl is how they should "Trade Him" for some unknown prospect who looks good in his underwear.

It's ludicrous. The man was an integral part of the 2018 and 2019 playoff teams and if it weren't for CJ's play in the Super Bowl, the Chiefs may have lost the game.

Yet "Let's trade him because this is a great wide receiver class!", as if the Chiefs don't already have two great wide receivers under contract for 2020.

xztop123
03-02-2020, 06:00 PM
i’d rather keep him over frank clark. but unfortunately we’re stuck with clark and jones has to go.

watkins and jones basically have to go. go crunch the numbers all you want.

RunKC
03-02-2020, 06:01 PM
The Chiefs have the 2nd best defensive lineman in the NFL in Chris Jones, and I swear, all I've seen since the Chiefs won the Super Bowl is how they should "Trade Him" for some unknown prospect who looks good in his underwear.

This is true. These guys looked good in their underwear over the weekend, but Chris Jones was so good at the combine that his giant ass cock flew out of his underwear.

He truly is a unicorn

staylor26
03-02-2020, 06:05 PM
i’d rather keep him over frank clark. but unfortunately we’re stuck with clark and jones has to go.

Lol people have done just that and proven you can keep Jones.

Chief Roundup
03-02-2020, 06:25 PM
There is so much value in ILB in this draft.

Uh I don't think so. There are a couple/few maybe but that is it. Most of the LB in this draft are coverage LB, not 3 down MLB in a 4-3 type.

staylor26
03-02-2020, 07:23 PM
Uh I don't think so. There are a couple/few maybe but that is it. Most of the LB in this draft are coverage LB, not 3 down MLB in a 4-3 type.

Murray, Queen, Gay, Wilson, Brooks, etc. can all play MLB.

It’s a very good LB class.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-02-2020, 07:53 PM
Jones and Clark helped a secondary group filled with castoffs and no names to being a very good units. The defense was hot dog shit without him on the field.

Chief Roundup
03-02-2020, 08:14 PM
Murray, Queen, Gay, Wilson, Brooks, etc. can all play MLB.

It’s a very good LB class.

Queen is definitely too light for MLB at 227 lbs. Gay is not listed as a MLB/ILB. He is listed as an OLB by most draft sites but he has the size to play MLB.
IMO and based off what I have seen by others we have:
1st round Murray after that you get into players like Brooks, Harrison, Jennings, Woodward and Wilson that can all go from the 2cd to the 6th. I can see where someone might want to call it a deep class, but it is not a deep class that are good.

staylor26
03-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Queen is definitely too light for MLB at 227 lbs. Gay is not listed as a MLB/ILB. He is listed as an OLB by most draft sites but he has the size to play MLB.
IMO and based off what I have seen by others we have:
1st round Murray after that you get into players like Brooks, Harrison, Jennings, Woodward and Wilson that can all go from the 2cd to the 6th. I can see where someone might want to call it a deep class, but it is not a deep class that are good.

Queen might not be a 4-3 MLB , but he’s a ILB in a 3-4 which is why I listed him. It’s a good class whether you want to believe it or not. I mean just compare it to the last few and you could see that.

Also, Baun and Uche are guys that can play ILB.

I think you’re getting to caught up on him saying “ILB”. He’s clearly talking about 3 down off the ball LB’s. Technically even a guy like Queen would be playing ILB for us in sub packages. He wasn’t only talking about guys that are 4-3 base MLB’s.

Chief Roundup
03-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Queen might not be a 4-3 MLB , but he’s a ILB in a 3-4 which is why I listed him. It’s a good class whether you want to believe it or not. I mean just compare it to the last few and you could see that.

Also, Baun and Uche are guys that can play ILB.

I think you’re getting to caught up on him saying “ILB”. He’s clearly talking about 3 down off the ball LB’s. Technically even a guy like Queen would be playing ILB for us in sub packages. He wasn’t only talking about guys that are 4-3 base MLB’s.

Well in our defense. The only defense and formation style I care about whether players fit or not. Is what I am referring to, so 4-3 MLB is the only ILB there is on THIS defense otherwise they are an OLB. And yes we need 1 of those also. Darron Lee has to go. DoD has not showed up like we all had hoped.

staylor26
03-02-2020, 08:51 PM
Well in our defense. The only defense and formation style I care about whether players fit or not. Is what I am referring to, so 4-3 MLB is the only ILB there is on THIS defense otherwise they are an OLB. And yes we need 1 of those also. Darron Lee has to go. DoD has not showed up like we all had hoped.

I think the way most of us view it is we need more speed at LB and it doesn’t matter whether they’re a MLB or WLB in our base D. In today’s NFL where you spend so much time in subs it’s not that important of a distinction.

The important part is they have speed and coverage ability.

Chiefshrink
03-02-2020, 09:07 PM

This all day and everyday !!;)

The Franchise
03-02-2020, 10:21 PM
I think the way most of us view it is we need more speed at LB and it doesn’t matter whether they’re a MLB or WLB in our base D. In today’s NFL where you spend so much time in subs it’s not that important of a distinction.

We need a LB for our nickel package that can play next to Hitchens. Someone athletic enough to cover RBs.

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2020, 10:24 PM
We need a LB for our nickel package that can play next to Hitchens. Someone athletic enough to cover RBs.

DOD must be dumb because he’s got all the physical tools to be at least an average, if not exceptional, LBer in today’s NFL.

The Franchise
03-02-2020, 11:08 PM
DOD must be dumb because he’s got all the physical tools to be at least an average, if not exceptional, LBer in today’s NFL.

That has to be the reason why he’s not starting on this defense. He has the tools that none of the other LBs have. Dude just can’t get it though.

RunKC
03-02-2020, 11:23 PM
Daniel Jeremiah mocked us Ross Blacklock in his new mock. He’s connected to our front office and we did meet with this kid.

Would be a total Andy/Spags pick too. Imagine a big, super athletic rusher on the inside next to Jones.

staylor26
03-02-2020, 11:39 PM
Daniel Jeremiah mocked us Ross Blacklock in his new mock. He’s connected to our front office and we did meet with this kid.

Would be a total Andy/Spags pick too. Imagine a big, super athletic rusher on the inside next to Jones.

If we go DL AND re-sign Jones it will 100% be an edge rusher.

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 11:04 AM

It's ludicrous. The man was an integral part of the 2018 and 2019 playoff teams and if it weren't for CJ's play in the Super Bowl, the Chiefs may have lost the game.

Yet "Let's trade him because this is a great wide receiver class!", as if the Chiefs don't already have two great wide receivers under contract for 2020.

He already turned down a 100m contract my man. He's way too expensive for what he brings. You hamstring your team when you allocate that much cap space for two defensive players in Jones and Clark.

Chief Roundup
03-03-2020, 11:09 AM
He already turned down a 100m contract my man. He's way too expensive for what he brings. You hamstring your team when you allocate that much cap space for two defensive players in Jones and Clark.Link to this $100M contract offer.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 11:13 AM
http://www.810whb.com/

Beef Supreme
03-03-2020, 11:48 AM

While true, we sure would like them to be able to do that AND stop the run. Today's NFL spends a lot of time in subs, but LBs that can play all three downs and stop the run or cover a receiver on any given down are really nice to have.

The Franchise
03-03-2020, 11:51 AM
He already turned down a 100m contract my man. He's way too expensive for what he brings. You hamstring your team when you allocate that much cap space for two defensive players in Jones and Clark.

Outside of Petro.....that hasn’t been confirmed anywhere.

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 11:55 AM
Well I don't think Petro is lying about his sources, that doesn't seem to be his MO. But if that is true then I don't think we can keep Jones. I like Chris Jones and this isn't an emotional thing for me like it seems to be for some people. CJ has every right to get every penny he's worth. I just think that price is way too high for our limited cap and upcoming contracts.

Anything equal to or better of a 1st and 3rd offer I think you have to take it. There's more than one way to win games, his ability to bat down passes is not a prerequisite to winning.

O.city
03-03-2020, 11:57 AM
It just takes me to the 810 site. Whats the rumor?

saphojunkie
03-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Jones and Clark helped a secondary group filled with castoffs and no names to being a very good units. The defense was hot dog shit without him on the field.

R Clark
03-03-2020, 11:59 AM
Outside of Petro.....that hasn’t been confirmed anywhere.

Yeah that article he linked talked about clark’s deal.unless I have a reading comprehension problem

saphojunkie
03-03-2020, 12:03 PM

I just don't think we can afford to put that many of our resources into one position group, given the number of holes we have to fill and positions that need upgrading.

RunKC
03-03-2020, 12:04 PM
Offer him Frank Clark’s contract. If he gets greedy and wants more than that, then we look into trading him.

tatorhog
03-03-2020, 12:14 PM

I read this like I read Petsmart

is that hot dog, shit? Like you ate a bunch of hot dogs and took a shit?

Or its dog shit, and it was hot?

Mecca
03-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Hot dog flavored water?

loochy
03-03-2020, 12:17 PM
I read this like I read Petsmart

is that hot dog, shit? Like you ate a bunch of hot dogs and took a shit?

Or its dog shit, and it was hot?

It was dog shit, after the dog ate a hot dog, and it was also hot.

Hot hot dog dog shit

Beef Supreme
03-03-2020, 12:18 PM
Hot dog flavored shit?

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Yeah that article he linked talked about clark’s deal.unless I have a reading comprehension problem

I was just being funny since I heard it on one of Petro's shows. I believe it was the opening monologue Monday

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Yes let’s trust Petro over Rapoport and Mike Garafolo

Chief Roundup

So the same dude that was wrong about Chris Jones injury is now claiming this which has not be confirmed by anyone, which means it is BS. Even if those numbers were offered without knowing the structure that goes along with that number there is no way of telling how good of an offer it might have been.

Wallcrawler

Haha. WOW.

What an unfathomably stupid take.

Listen, id like Jones to be here as much as the next guy, but this is some next level stupidity with this statement here.

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Yes let’s trust Petro over Rapoport and Mike Garafolo

It really isn't about trust.

Ignoring what someone says because you don't like it is so fake news reactionary. It's not like Rappaport and Garafolo are reporting what the original contract offer was and contradicting what Soren has heard.

staylor26
03-03-2020, 12:36 PM
It really isn't about trust.

Ignoring what someone says because you don't like itis so fake news reactionary. It's not like Rappaport and Garafolo are reporting what the original contract offer was and contradicting what Soren has heard.

You’re doing the same thing LMAO

You’re choosing to believe what fits your agenda. The only difference is the guys we’re choosing to believe are reliable while the guy you’re choosing isn’t.

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Those guys said the Chiefs are trying to keep Jones. Well duh. What they are saying is not a contradiction of what Soren is saying.

staylor26
03-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Those guys said the Chiefs are trying to keep Jones. Well duh. What they are saying is not a contradiction of what Soren is saying.

You keep acting like that’s all that was said when it wasn’t. They didn’t just say the Chiefs are trying to keep Jones. They talk as if it’s more likely than not than they do.

JFC you’re an idiot.

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 01:04 PM
oh staylor. Fuck off.

staylor26
03-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Dude, you’re being disingenuous or ignorant if you’re going to say all they’re saying is the Chiefs are trying to re-sign Jones. That’s 100% not true and you keep saying it.

So you can fuck off too.

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Cool you go fuck yourself, I'll go fuck myself, the Chiefs will trade Jones, it won't inhibit their ability to win another Superbowl. I'll still be a prick you'll still be a miserable son of a bitch.

Tribal Warfare
03-03-2020, 01:14 PM

Can't believe anything being leaked by an NFL franchise during the draft season.

Marcellus
03-03-2020, 01:15 PM

Yea it sucks being stuck with the guy that had the most QB pressures and sacks in the NFL the last half of the season and playoffs.

staylor26
03-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Cool you go fuck yourself, I'll go fuck myself, the Chiefs will trade Jones, it won't inhibit their ability to win another Superbowl. I'll still be a prick you'll still be a miserable son of a bitch.

I never said they won’t trade Jones. You’re the one talking in absolutes, not me.

BossChief
03-03-2020, 01:25 PM
The only reason they’ll trade Jones is if they literally can’t get a deal worked out.

And FFS look at Veachs history with contracts...do you think he’s out there low balling a Jones when he paid Clark and Landlord their worth?

Petro is looking for clicks. Paylor has info and real relationships.

The Franchise
03-03-2020, 01:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From NFL Now: This should be another fun year of franchise tag and trade options -- as it becomes more of a trend than an exception. <a href="https://t.co/iswYL53y4M">pic.twitter.com/iswYL53y4M</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1234911662810988551?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Yea it sucks being stuck with the guy that, when he finally got healthier, had the most QB pressures and sacks in the NFL the last half of the season and playoffs.

FYP even further... Clark closed out all playoff games with a sack...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-03-2020, 01:48 PM
I'd rather have that dude's giant ears than read another sapho response

Kiimo
03-03-2020, 02:23 PM
That's hilarious coming from you

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-03-2020, 02:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Three defensive players were franchise tagged and traded last year, and there are several possibilities again -- a list that includes Yannick Ngakoue, Chris Jones and Matt Judon. <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nflnetwork</a> <a href="https://t.co/iWNreTxOpa">pic.twitter.com/iWNreTxOpa</a></p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1234919535611908096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BossChief
03-04-2020, 01:16 AM
DEVILS ADVOCATE POST

Brett Veach can’t get a deal done with Jones and trades him for a first and fourth this year and a third next year (that can go to a second if he hits certain triggers) to a team like NO or Seattle. We still have Saunders and Nnadi and a great DL coach. Clark, Kpass, Speaks and Harris at DE.

Veach takes the cap space and gets deals done with CHJ, Breeland, Pennell, Williams and Wisnewski.

Uses the first to trade down to early second round adding a mid third in the trade. Yielding a second, 2-thirds (one next year) and a 4th.

In this draft, that’s a lot of firepower.

My preference would be to keep a great player and fill those other spots with different players, but as long as we get a good return, I won’t hate Veach.

If Veach gives Jones away for a 2....I’m not gonna lie I’d be pissed.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-04-2020, 01:29 AM
Trust in Veach.

Dunerdr
03-04-2020, 02:17 PM
DEVILS ADVOCATE POST

Brett Veach can’t get a deal done with Jones and trades him for a first and fourth this year and a third next year (that can go to a second if he hits certain triggers) to a team like NO or Seattle. We still have Saunders and Nnadi and a great DL coach. Clark, Kpass, Speaks and Harris at DE.

Veach takes the cap space and gets deals done with CHJ, Breeland, Pennell, Williams and Wisnewski.

Uses the first to trade down to early second round adding a mid third in the trade. Yielding a second, 2-thirds (one next year) and a 4th.

In this draft, that’s a lot of firepower.

My preference would be to keep a great player and fill those other spots with different players, but as long as we get a good return, I won’t hate Veach.

If Veach gives Jones away for a 2....I’m not gonna lie I’d be pissed.

Would i be sad a stud like CJ is gone? Yes. Would i also JIMP over that much capitol in this draft? Yes. The only lose situation here is drafting a 2018 draft class with that capitol, or signing him to retarded money.

Sorce
03-04-2020, 02:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">🤝👊🏾</p>&mdash; Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/StoneColdJones/status/1235242017460047872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Feel free to interpret that however.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Looks like Jones just got a handshake agreement from Veach. That’s how I interpret it. A deal will get done shortly we will see if Veach is a man of his word

Mecca
03-04-2020, 02:51 PM
Ngakoue is the most likely of those to be traded, he wants nothing to do with staying in Jacksonville.

BossChief
03-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Looks like Jones just got a handshake agreement from Veach. That’s how I interpret it. A deal will get done shortly we will see if Veach is a man of his word

Or he commissioned the painting of him and posted it.

But I agree, it seems like they may have made strides toward a new deal.

RunKC
03-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Want this shit to be done so all these moves will get done

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most contract extension talks on hold until the salary cap number is known.</p>&mdash; John Clayton (@JohnClaytonNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnClaytonNFL/status/1235305948400553994?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch
03-04-2020, 03:43 PM
So if a deal doesn't get done Veach isn't a man of his word? Based on an ambiguous tweet with 2 emojis by Jones?

The Franchise
03-04-2020, 03:51 PM
So if a deal doesn't get done Veach isn't a man of his word? Based on an ambiguous tweet with 2 emojis by Jones?

Yes and yes.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Want this shit to be done so all these moves will get done

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most contract extension talks on hold until the salary cap number is known.</p>&mdash; John Clayton (@JohnClaytonNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnClaytonNFL/status/1235305948400553994?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Literally was Terez said 2 weeks ago

R Clark
03-04-2020, 05:59 PM
BS

Red Dawg
03-04-2020, 06:20 PM
Players need to get real and approve the CBA. They can't strike next year anyway. Too many live far beyond their means and need the checks.

staylor26
03-05-2020, 02:12 PM
Terez Paylor on Chris Jones:

“They’re going to keep him”

But let Kimosabi continue to tell us that all these guys are saying is the Chiefs are “trying” to keep him, which is obvious but they can’t! Petro is the one that REALLY knows what’s up!

Kiimo
03-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Take a break

staylor26
03-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Take a break

Umm why? This is new info and relevant to the thread.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-05-2020, 03:14 PM

But let Kimosabi continue to tell us that all these guys are saying is the Chiefs are “trying” to keep him, which is obvious but they can’t! Petro is the one that REALLY knows what’s up!

That’s a bombshell tbh. From they want to keep him to for sure keeping him!! Terez coming through again!! Guarantee Jones is just waiting till the new CBA hits then boom Veach extends his ass

penguinz
03-05-2020, 03:53 PM

Petro is a tool.

BossChief
03-05-2020, 04:04 PM

Can you post a link to where he says that?

staylor26
03-05-2020, 04:07 PM
Can you post a link to where he says that?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlTobyYahoo/status/1235411453756059648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1235411453756059648&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D307401%26page%3D1817

Towards the end of the video

Sassy Squatch
03-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Petro is the one that started the rigamarole about the basketball goal, right?