PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kelce: “Crazy Opportunity” to visit White House

comochiefsfan
02-27-2020, 10:55 AM
Good for Travis and his teammates. RIP to his mentions though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs&#39; Travis Kelce Pumped to Visit Trump&#39;s White House, &#39;Crazy Opportunity!&#39; <a href="https://t.co/pmdxQTNEOM">https://t.co/pmdxQTNEOM</a></p>&mdash; TMZ (@TMZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1233038461025697798?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
02-27-2020, 10:59 AM
Anybody that has a problem with that can go fuck themselves. That’s coming from somebody who couldn’t care less about politics.

Lzen
02-27-2020, 10:59 AM
Way too much is made out visiting the white house. Good for them for saying yes, they will visit. When is this happening?

comochiefsfan
02-27-2020, 11:05 AM
I just don’t understand why anybody wouldn’t accept this opportunity. You might despise the current president. But it’s a freaking tour of the White House with the leader of the free world. How many people get the chance to do that?

I respect the rights of the people who choose not to go. I just think it’s a waste of a once in a lifetime opportunity.

gblowfish
02-27-2020, 11:06 AM
Hope they enjoy the Big Macs!

O.city
02-27-2020, 11:07 AM
I would go, I get it if you don't want to.

Just don't make a big deal about it. Easy to just say "I had a previous engagement already on the books" and leave it at that.

TribalElder
02-27-2020, 11:09 AM
Hope they enjoy the Big Macs!

Maybe he will spring for McRibs with bbq sauce since the great state of Kansas is into BBQ and all

SuperBowl4
02-27-2020, 11:27 AM
I hope he pours a beer on TRUMP'S head

carcosa
02-27-2020, 11:28 AM
Ok

Hammock Parties
02-27-2020, 11:31 AM
25-year old Kelce doesn't have this opinion

Chiefs4TheWin
02-27-2020, 11:43 AM
I just don’t understand why anybody wouldn’t accept this opportunity. You might despise the current president. But it’s a freaking tour of the White House with the leader of the free world. How many people get the chance to do that?

I respect the rights of the people who choose not to go. I just think it’s a waste of a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Agreed.

ChiTown
02-27-2020, 11:44 AM
It's been a while since we've had a President that I actually liked, but I would have NEVER turned down the opportunity to meet the POTUS. That's a BIG gdamned deal.

Good for Kelce. Glad he's not hiding out with the snowflakes in this world.

SuperBowl4
02-27-2020, 11:46 AM
Agreed.What makes you think that this is a "once in a lifetime opportunity"? You don't think the CHIEFS will win another Super Bowl with Kelce?

Mahomes_Is_God
02-27-2020, 11:56 AM
GOAT team going to hang out with the GOAT president. Just awesome.

Easy 6
02-27-2020, 11:59 AM
You better give’ em all filet mignon and lobster tail, Don

J Diddy
02-27-2020, 12:25 PM
Keep your misguided politics in dc. Dumbasses.

BWillie
02-27-2020, 12:35 PM
I don't think it should be a big deal if someone wants to go to the White House - or not. Those who get bent out of shape because someone doesn't go or does go - those are the looney tunes to me.

jdubya
02-27-2020, 12:47 PM
I hope he pours a beer on TRUMP'S head

https://pics.me.me/im%C3%A1genes-de-kid-laughing-sarcastic-meme-52949416.png

Pitt Gorilla
02-27-2020, 12:50 PM
I don't think it should be a big deal if someone wants to go to the White House - or not. Those who get bent out of shape because someone doesn't go or does go - those are the looney tunes to me.Exactly. The OP noted that it was "good" for him that he was going; it's not. It's neither "good" nor "bad".

InChiefsHeaven
02-27-2020, 12:56 PM
I guess Frank Clark said he's conflicted. But other than him, I've not heard of anyone who is like "Hell no"...

Kiimo
02-27-2020, 01:14 PM
I support his decision to go just as much as I support the decision to not go.

None of this has anything to do with Trump being a retarded garbage dump.

Bump
02-27-2020, 01:32 PM
lol @ all the salt in the comments

otherstar
02-27-2020, 01:43 PM
Breeland said he'd go...there's video in the TMZ article proving it. People calling Kelce racist don't like that Breeland clip (or ignore it).

CasselGotPeedOn
02-27-2020, 01:50 PM

According to the comments, he's been disinvited to the cookout.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2020, 02:04 PM

Plenty broke dick bloody giner snail trails here at CP. :deevee:

Demonpenz
02-27-2020, 02:22 PM
Well it was fun liking him while it lasted.

DJJasonp
02-27-2020, 02:50 PM
As others have mentioned......whether I loved a president, or hated another, I would never pass up an opportunity to meet him/her and tour the white house.

Hell, you might learn something you didnt already know.

comochiefsfan
02-27-2020, 02:57 PM
Well it was fun liking him while it lasted.

Please say sike

New World Order
02-27-2020, 02:59 PM
Exactly. The OP noted that it was "good" for him that he was going; it's not. It's neither "good" nor "bad".

It's just very very good

MahiMike
02-27-2020, 03:05 PM
Exactly. The OP noted that it was "good" for him that he was going; it's not. It's neither "good" nor "bad".

Disagree. It's a huge deal for a team from the Midwest. So happy for all of us.

GayFrogs
02-27-2020, 03:10 PM
Pretty funny that Frank Clark trolled a lot of people here with that trump shirt :)

Chiefspants
02-27-2020, 03:40 PM

You think the media outrage now is bad? Just wait until Trump leads the team in the Tomahawk Chop.

comochiefsfan
02-27-2020, 03:42 PM
You think the media outrage now is bad? Just wait until Trump leads the team in the Tomahawk Chop.

Insert Elizabeth Warren joke

DeepPurple
02-27-2020, 04:06 PM
In 2018 the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup. They had been in the league for 44 seasons and it was their first cup win. When asked to visit the White House, goaltender Braden Holtby refused. The following 2019 season the Capitals were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs by the Carolina Hurricanes. I think if you get the invitation, you should go for the team if not for yourself.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/798/155/hi-res-31d4a1dd822eecb3b66da1e8e1c6aeb0_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Halfcan
02-27-2020, 04:15 PM
People are going to be pissed that Trump is going to meet with the World Champs instead of being out spraying down streets for the virus.

JakeF
02-27-2020, 04:26 PM
Can't blame a player for wanting to experience all the stuff that comes with winning a championship. If you don't like Trump then focus on not liking him not Kelce.

BigRedChief
02-27-2020, 04:59 PM
I support his decision to go just as much as I support the decision to not go. None of this has anything to do with Trump being a retarded garbage dump.Players have a right to go or not go to a voluntary activity. I understand why some wont go, its about who is currently president. They want to protest. Others go to show support. It is what it is. We have an election coming up, we can settle who should be president in November.

People that know me are very clear on my political beliefs. Unsure, go look at my old posts in DC. I think I can say without showing or betraying my partisan political agenda, that players should go to the White House. I'd rather that the players find another way to protest.

It's always been a stupid photo-op for Presidents to be seen with winners that are more popular than themselves. Party affiliation didn't matter. What era we were in didn't matter. Who was in power didn't matter.

The caveat is as long as nothing political is said by the president at the photo op, That the photo op is just that and not used to push a political agenda or comment of the political scandal of the day. All presidents did it and all sports team went. I like the "normalcy" of stuff like this that transcends presidents and generations.

Chiefs4TheWin
02-27-2020, 05:13 PM
What makes you think that this is a "once in a lifetime opportunity"? You don't think the CHIEFS will win another Super Bowl with Kelce?

You never know! Enjoy it!

Easy 6
02-27-2020, 05:37 PM
Pretty funny that Frank Clark trolled a lot of people here with that trump shirt :)

Frank didn’t take a strong stand either way, he was just having fun with it... that’s not trolling anyone

Shut your face, dipshit

Players have a right to go or not go to a voluntary activity. I understand why some wont go, its about who is currently president. They want to protest. Others go to show support. It is what it is. We have an election coming up, we can settle who should be president in November.

People that know me are very clear on my political beliefs. Unsure, go look at my old posts in DC. I think I can say without showing or betraying my partisan political agenda, that players should go to the White House. I'd rather that the players find another way to protest.

It's always been a stupid photo-op for Presidents to be seen with winners that are more popular than themselves. Party affiliation didn't matter. What era we were in didn't matter. Who was in power didn't matter.

The caveat is as long as nothing political is said by the president at the photo op, That the photo op is just that and not used to push a political agenda or comment of the political scandal of the day. All presidents did it and all sports team went. I like the "normalcy" of stuff like this that transcends presidents and generations.

Agreed on all, just treat our guys respectfully and have fun and keep politics out of it... if Don does that, everyone wins

chiefzilla1501
02-27-2020, 08:14 PM
One side trying to bully players into going or not going. Other side trying to claim players who go as their own. **** is wrong with this country. Why can't we just let athletes be politically agnostic? If a player doesn't say what he is, who the **** cares?

ILChief
02-27-2020, 09:00 PM
I don’t blame him or anyone for going. I think Trump is a complete embarrassment but I’d still go

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 09:00 PM
Where did Clark say this?

ILChief
02-27-2020, 09:02 PM
GOAT team going to hang out with the GOAT president. Just awesome.

You know what GOAT stands for?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-27-2020, 09:02 PM
With the chance of meeting Patrick Mahomes after future SB wins. Maybe someone worth voting for will want to be POTUS

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 09:04 PM
With the chance of meeting Patrick Mahomes after future SB wins. Maybe someone worth voting for will want to be POTUS

If I were athlete I wouldn’t vote for Bernie. Imagine making over 10 mil a year and being taxed 52% of that and that’s just federal not even state as well.

Spott
02-27-2020, 09:05 PM
You know what GOAT stands for?

Go on assraping Titans/Texans?

GayFrogs
02-27-2020, 09:07 PM
Frank didn’t take a strong stand either way, he was just having fun with it... that’s not trolling anyone

Shut your face, dipshit

LMAO...I don't think chiefsplanet interpreted it that way.

dj56dt58
02-27-2020, 09:08 PM
Can’t wait for a trump re-election so all the libs will off themselves

ILChief
02-27-2020, 09:09 PM

Yeah I’m sure that will happen

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-27-2020, 09:10 PM
Yeah I’m sure that will happen

The first part or second part? Trump is definitely getting re elected. There is t a strong dem candidate worthy

ILChief
02-27-2020, 09:12 PM
The first part or second part? Trump is definitely getting re elected. There is t a strong dem candidate worthy

The first part may very well happen. I won’t say definitely, but certainly it’s probable. The second part is just ridiculous

Chiefshrink
02-27-2020, 09:16 PM
Keep your misguided politics in dc. Dumbasses.

Kinda hard to do considering the thread topic.:rolleyes:

Spott
02-27-2020, 09:21 PM
The first part may very well happen. I won’t say definitely, but certainly it’s probable. The second part is just ridiculous

They’ll most likely just continue to get offended by every little thing and look for something else to protest.

Bearcat
02-27-2020, 09:23 PM
Kinda hard to do considering the thread topic.:rolleyes:

It's actually not that fucking hard.

Some people can actually talk about the White House or even meeting the president without inserting their stupid political opinions and childish name calling into the conversation.

ILChief
02-27-2020, 09:29 PM
They’ll most likely just continue to get offended by every little thing and look for something else to protest.

In fairness, both sides are offended about everything.

Spott
02-27-2020, 09:33 PM
In fairness, both sides are offended about everything.

Agreed.

eDave
02-27-2020, 09:40 PM
It's actually not that ****ing hard.

Some people can actually talk about the White House or even meeting the president without inserting their stupid political opinions and childish name calling into the conversation.

You ban anyone yet?

Bearcat
02-27-2020, 09:49 PM
You ban anyone yet?

You.

On a more serious note though, yes... a few today, actually.

Pitt Gorilla
02-27-2020, 10:20 PM
It's actually not that ****ing hard.

Given the butt-****ing morons on CP, it should surprise no one that DC-level stupidity crept into this thread.

GayFrogs
02-27-2020, 10:35 PM

You'd rather they die so you don't have to have your world views challenged. Pussy.

srvy
02-28-2020, 06:26 AM
Given the butt-****ing morons on CP, it should surprise no one that DC-level stupidity crept into this thread.

While it's true you really shouldn't talk that way about yourself.

mlyonsd
02-28-2020, 10:23 AM
Kelce should challenge Trump to a Big Mac eating contest.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-28-2020, 12:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Well said my brother it’s every kids dream to someday be the president of the White House or walk-in those hallways let’s not kill dreams because of someone elses doing leave the politics out of this one. We are here to represent the Kansas City chiefs and each little kids dream! <a href="https://t.co/rWi6ijUzlp">https://t.co/rWi6ijUzlp</a></p>&mdash; Bashaud Breeland (@Bree2Land6) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bree2Land6/status/1233442219320860674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bobhill
02-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Just think about all the negative things that would come out if the 49ers won the SUPERBOWL

saphojunkie
02-28-2020, 12:36 PM
Saphojunkie, how was your tour of the White House?

“It was an honor to see the home of so many great leaders like FDR, JFK, Harry Truman, Barrack Obama. I was humbled and reminded of what the office of the president can really mean, and how much work we have to do to reach that benchmark. My thanks to the current president for this opportunity.”

Chiefshrink
02-28-2020, 05:20 PM

“It was an honor to see the home of so many great leaders like FDR, JFK, Harry Truman, Barrack Obama. I was humbled and reminded of what the office of the president can really mean, and how much work we have to do to reach that benchmark. My thanks to the current president for this opportunity.”

No Ronald Reagan ???:p

candyman
02-28-2020, 05:32 PM

“It was an honor to see the home of so many great leaders like Barrack Obama.

Dumbass