PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Vegas' initial odds on the Chiefs winning SB LV

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 01:37 PM
In the way-too-early-to-really-think-about category, the Kansas City Chiefs right now are a -500 bet in Vegas to win Super Bowl LV.

For comparison, the 2007-2008 Patriots, the team that went 16-0 during the regular season that year, only mustered a paltry -475 going into the Super Bowl.

JohnnyHammersticks
03-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Wow, Mahomes Magic is making believers out of everyone.

Chomping at the bit for April when the schedule is released. No way I'm missing our first game in Vegas.

Kiimo
03-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Champing at the bit

JohnnyHammersticks
03-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Champing at the bit

I learned something new today. Thank you Prof. Kimosabi.

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 01:54 PM
Another point of comparison: at the beginning of the 2019 season, the Chiefs odds for winning SB LIV was +880, or about 11% chance of winning. How times have changed.

Dartgod
03-02-2020, 01:59 PM
I swear I saw them at 4-1 when I was out there last week. At least I thought I did. :shrug:

Dartgod
03-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I just checked a few sites and they are 4/1 or 9/2 most places.

I don't know where you are getting that -500 number (equivalent to 1/5 odds)

KC Dan
03-02-2020, 02:05 PM
I swear I saw them at 4-1 when I was out there last week. At least I thought I did. :shrug:yep, I saw it there too

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I just checked a few sites and they are 4/1 or 9/2 most places.

I don't know where you are getting that -500 number (equivalent to 1/5 odds)

Well I got the number out of an article on arrowhead pride, but -500 is the money line

Dartgod
03-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Well I got the number out of an article on arrowhead pride, but -500 is the money line

4/1 is the same thing as +400. It's not really the same as game odds where you have a spread and a money line.

saphojunkie
03-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Wish I'd doubled down midseason when Mahomes got injured. Those odds had to have plummeted. I'll wait for Vegas to start doubting and then make my move. Easy peasy bet this year is for KC to make it out of the AFC.

I'm not sure about another championship, but even if Brady/Rivers head to Indianapolis, I just don't see a world where they can stop a focused Chiefs team.

Also: if KC sends Chris Jones and Watkins out of town, I think those odds go down.

Dartgod
03-02-2020, 02:34 PM
Ok, I found the article you are referencing.

The Chiefs are -500 to win...

The AFC West.

saphojunkie
03-02-2020, 03:23 PM

The AFC West.

I wonder how much I can get if I sell literally everything I own.

Chargem
03-02-2020, 03:24 PM
4/1 is the same thing as +400. It's not really the same as game odds where you have a spread and a money line.

Someone's clearly got confused between + and -

Dartgod
03-02-2020, 03:42 PM
Someone's clearly got confused between + and -

Nah, he had the right number. Just didn't realize it was for the AFCW and not the SB championship.

Spott
03-02-2020, 03:51 PM

The AFC West.

That’s a terrible bet because the Chargers are going to win the West for the 6th year in a row.

Talisman
03-02-2020, 04:04 PM
Champing at the bit
Emphasis on champ.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2020, 04:07 PM
But Vegas built a stadium for the Raiders. I smell something funny

Pablo
03-02-2020, 04:36 PM

The AFC West.

LMAO

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Yeah, this is what happens when you're 51 and your close vision goes to shit. You try to read articles on your phone and can really only read the bold larger text, the meat of the article is just too small to read. Sorry for the confusion.

However, Bleacherreport has the Chiefs winning next year's SB at 6-1 . . . interestingly, BR believes that Sammy Watkins will be with the team next year.

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Wish I'd doubled down midseason when Mahomes got injured. Those odds had to have plummeted. I'll wait for Vegas to start doubting and then make my move. Easy peasy bet this year is for KC to make it out of the AFC.

I'm not sure about another championship, but even if Brady/Rivers head to Indianapolis, I just don't see a world where they can stop a focused Chiefs team.

Also: if KC sends Chris Jones and Watkins out of town, I think those odds go down.

Actually, it didn't move that much. I was following the lines carefully throughout the season because I was putting down money on the Chiefs to win it all whenever I netted a profit. I also assumed that the money line would move significantly when he got hurt, but it didn't really do anything. Stayed around +800 through that period. Dropped to +650 after the Patriots game.

Ubeja Vontell
03-02-2020, 05:23 PM
How bad is the QB play in that division, ouch!

Mahomes far superior to Derek Carr and who?????

Chiefs will win that division every season for the next 10 years. Will they ever lose a division game?

And it all starts there.

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 05:30 PM
How bad is the QB play in that division, ouch!

Mahomes far superior to Derek Carr and who?????

Chiefs will win that division every season for the next 10 years. Will they ever lose a division game?

And it all starts there.

Phillip Rivers was the best QB in the AFC-W not named Patrick Mahomes for the last two years. And their team, offense and defense, is loaded with talent. The Chargers were the only team in the division that kept things close against the Chiefs last season, and the only team in the Division that beat us in the last two years.

If they can get a real franchise QB, they'll probably be the only team in the division that will be competitive with the Chiefs in the near future.

The Raiders and the Broncos just have too many holes and too much ground to make up before they're competitive for the next 4+ years. Though I expect both teams to be better over the next two years than they were for the last two.

Ubeja Vontell
03-02-2020, 05:39 PM
Phillip Rivers was the best QB in the AFC-W not named Patrick Mahomes for the last two years. And their team, offense and defense, is loaded with talent. The Chargers were the only team in the division that kept things close against the Chiefs last season, and the only team in the Division that beat us in the last two years.

If they can get a real franchise QB, they'll probably be the only team in the division that will be competitive with the Chiefs in the near future.

The Raiders and the Broncos just have too many holes and too much ground to make up before they're competitive for the next 4+ years. Though I expect both teams to be better over the next two years than they were for the last two.

Was talking 2020 and beyond. It's not looking good for the West, our Chiefs pulling a Pats thing vs that weak division all those years.

It will take a "spot" like our Chiefs on the road AGAIN vs a Raider team heading into a bye week at home again, something like that, for us to lose a division game.

Chief Pagan
03-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Yeah, this is what happens when you're 51 and your close vision goes to shit. You try to read articles on your phone and can really only read the bold larger text, the meat of the article is just too small to read. Sorry for the confusion.

If they are ever robust, I would consider paying $1500+ for a foldable phone.

My eyes are on the wrong side of 50.

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 06:10 PM
If they are ever robust, I would consider paying $1500+ for a foldable phone.

My eyes are on the wrong side of 50.

I would never pay that kind of money for a cel phone but that foldable one does intrigue me.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-02-2020, 06:13 PM

The AFC West.

Dammit !!!! I just threw it down on Patriots planet. Oh well, fuck them in the ass anyway. They'll never know any better.

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 06:17 PM
Dammit !!!! I just threw it down on Patriots planet. Oh well, **** them in the ass anyway. They'll never know any better.

Sorry about that. Blame my 51 year-old eyes. And the tiny print on my phone.

According to 5Dimes, the Chiefs are +650 to win SB LV. Top of the heap. The Patsies are +1400.

Jerok
03-02-2020, 06:19 PM
The Chiefs are +500 to win the Superbowl on Bovada right now.

Is that was OP is referring to? Or is he reffering to the -500 AFC West?

OP is wrong about something damnit. It's just a matter of what.

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 06:22 PM
The Chiefs are +500 to win the Superbowl on Bovada right now.

Is that was OP is referring to? Or is he reffering to the -500 AFC West?

OP is wrong about something damnit. It's just a matter of what.

-500 is for the AFC-W.

5Dimes is giving +650 for the Chiefs to win SB LV right now. Bovada is hedging I guess.

Zebedee DuBois
03-02-2020, 06:29 PM
Im thinking we (Chiefs) should get all the SBs with "L" and "V" in the title.

We've already got LIV.

Just LV, LVI, LVII, and LVIII to go.

JohnnyHammersticks
03-02-2020, 08:47 PM

However, Bleacherreport has the Chiefs winning next year's SB at 6-1 . . . interestingly, BR believes that Sammy Watkins will be with the team next year.

It's uncanny, isn't it? One day you're 44 and have crystal clear close-up vision, then you turn 45 and have a better chance of reading something that's sitting on the moon than something 10 inches in front of your face.

Megatron96
03-02-2020, 08:57 PM
It's uncanny, isn't it? One day you're 44 and have crystal clear close-up vision, then you turn 45 and have a better chance of reading something that's sitting on the moon than something 10 inches in front of your face.

Hey, yeah. Not too many years ago I could easily read the date on a quarter. Now I have to take a picture of it and then blow it up.

Why Not?
03-02-2020, 10:10 PM

I love ya buddy but you’re clearly not a gambler(which makes you much smarter than I). No team would ever been -500 to win a major sports league championship. Way to many variables and a horrible value(or non value)bet to make.

JD10367
03-03-2020, 02:37 PM
In the way-too-early-to-really-think-about category, the Kansas City Chiefs right now are a -500 bet in Vegas to win Super Bowl LV.

For comparison, the 2007-2008 Patriots, the team that went 16-0 during the regular season that year, only mustered a paltry -475 going into the Super Bowl.

No comparison. The Chiefs SHOULD be astronomically favored to win their division, the AFC, and the Super Bowl. Those Patriots back then went into the following season facing QBs like Rivers and Peyton Manning much closer to their prime (and the other division had a Brees in his prime and still had Favre). This coming season, Brady might not even play for the Pats--or in the AFC at all--and even if he plays he'll be a mediocre middle-of-the-pack QB. Mahomes will have to contend with Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson and...? A bunch of shit after those two.