PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mahomes' Worst Pass Of 2019 Season

FAX
03-08-2020, 04:21 PM
Okay ... they're not all going to wind up on SportsCenter's highlight reel.

Here's my nomination ...

Game 1. It's 3rd and 3 at the Yaguar 9 yard-line. We had just driven from our own 21 in 4 plays. In other words, Mahomes was rolling. Then, on the 5th play of the drive, Mahomes attempts a no-look to Kelce who was wide-the-hell-open in the EZ.

He missed him by a mile and a half. Barnum & Bailey's Incredible Half-Giraffe-Man couldn't have made that catch.

I think that was the play that Mahomes said he owed Kelce a nice meal.

Of course, we wound up pummeling the Yaguars without the need for any half giraffe, mutant dudes.

FAX

Disclaimers; Sorry if re-post.

comochiefsfan
03-08-2020, 04:27 PM
The one against the Faid where he tried to launch it across his body and the defender dropped an easy pick 6.

That one was horrendous.

Rain Man
03-08-2020, 04:28 PM
Delete this thread and burn any heretics who post in it.

Wallcrawler
03-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Delete this thread and burn any heretics who post in it.

This.

Easy 6
03-08-2020, 04:38 PM
We don’t talk about those things in this family!/disapproving gaze!

Chiefshrink
03-08-2020, 04:40 PM
What's it say FAX that you have started a thread about Mahomes worst pass of this past season ? He is just that damn good and accurate that we have to go looking for bad passes IMHO.:thumb:

Yes I remember that no-look big miss as well and said to myself, "come on Pat your feeling a little bit too much of your oats" with all this no-look hype you got from the 18 season, don't rush this and find your rhythm first before "HOTDOGGING".:p

Sassy Squatch
03-08-2020, 04:42 PM
FAX has it right. That throw was incredibly arrogant and I don't think he tried anything like it the rest of the season.

smithandrew051
03-08-2020, 05:32 PM
This thread reminds me of that time my wife asked if I would change anything about her.

My answer (which was not “nothing, you’re perfect”) did not go over well.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-08-2020, 05:43 PM
Texans, Titans & 49ers post season point of view?

FAX
03-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Look, I fully realize that this rather controversial thread topic might appear sacrilegious to many Planeteers. After all, we are witnessing a veritable quarterback savant in his first two years of action.

On the other hand, the Great Spirit has given us eyes to see and semi-functioning brains with which to interpret our sense of vision. Who are we, therefore, to ignore those gifts?

And, of course, we are all aware that Mahomes himself has stated that he has left some plays on the field and even noted in his post-game presser that the throw previously mentioned was ill-advised.

The good news is that the list of "worst" throws by Mahomes is entirely relative when you consider that one of those was probably the 39-yard back-shoulder touchdown to Robinson.

I do, however, consider any thread hate somewhat disingenuous since "worst throws by Mahomes" falls into the same category as Bigfeets sightings which are also considered rare. And I don't see anybody calling for the thread-starter person to suffer death by fire or a personal introduction to the dreaded Pear Of Anguish when that issue is discussed.

FAX

Red Dawg
03-08-2020, 06:35 PM
The SB int. He threw it straight to the LB.

Spott
03-08-2020, 06:38 PM
The one against the Faid where he tried to launch it across his body and the defender dropped an easy pick 6.

That one was horrendous.

That was the first one that came to my mind. That drop by the Raiders defender was just as bad as the one by the honey badger against the Chargers.

Rain Man
03-08-2020, 06:39 PM
If any disbelievers malign the noble leader of our cause, Lock the disbelievers into a Carr and drive them into the Rivers so they may justly criticize their fate!

Easy 6
03-08-2020, 06:40 PM
Look, I fully realize that this rather controversial thread topic might appear sacrilegious to many Planeteers. After all, we are witnessing a veritable quarterback savant in his first two years of action.

On the other hand, the Great Spirit has given us eyes to see and semi-functioning brains with which to interpret our sense of vision. Who are we, therefore, to ignore those gifts?

And, of course, we are all aware that Mahomes himself has stated that he has left some plays on the field and even noted in his post-game presser that the throw previously mentioned was ill-advised.

The good news is that the list of "worst" throws by Mahomes is entirely relative when you consider that one of those was probably the 39-yard back-shoulder touchdown to Robinson.

I do, however, consider any thread hate somewhat disingenuous since "worst throws by Mahomes" falls into the same category as Bigfeets sightings which are also considered rare. And I don't see anybody calling for the thread-starter person to suffer death by fire or a personal introduction to the dreaded Pear Of Anguish when that issue is discussed.

FAX

We still love ya

/disapproving gaze!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-08-2020, 06:41 PM
His INTs seemed to go to throws to Robinson. Those could have been free plays though. His INTs were so few

Bowser
03-08-2020, 06:42 PM

Yep, he hit Warner between the 5 and the 4.

But hey, this is just proof positive that nobody is absolutely perfect. 90% Mahomes is like 125% anybody else.

Spott
03-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Yep, he hit Warner between the 5 and the 4.

But hey, this is just proof positive that nobody is absolutely perfect. 90% Mahomes is like 125% anybody else.

We’ve been so spoiled the last two years that when he actually makes a bad pass or has a somewhat off game, it’s a shock to us. Of course his off games usually means he passes for 300 yards and we still score 30 points and win the game. It’s ironic that we lost the game that was arguably his best game in Nashville.

Chiefspants
03-08-2020, 09:39 PM

That one was horrendous.

I think he really underestimated the wind and tried to rope one through it. Either way it was bad news.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-08-2020, 09:47 PM

^this^ I believe it slipped out earlier and to the right per some interviews... He was trying to throw it to the opening and missed... We are lucky these are rare.

Chiefspants
03-08-2020, 09:50 PM
The Niners containment forced that INT. Warner was drifting with Mahomes and would have drifted away from the pass had the Niners not been able to contain Patrick in the pocket. That’s what Patrick told Reid, anyway.

kjwood75nro
03-08-2020, 10:32 PM
Individual picks or incompletions are frustrating, but few bring my piss to a boil more than the "not a free play after all" pick vs. the Texans.

Kelce gets mugged, Mahomes makes a great choice based on his field awareness and gets penalized for it, 1st pick of the season, ref fuckery, and we lost the game.

KurtCobain
03-08-2020, 11:10 PM
Any time he passed on an endorsement deal was his worst pass of the season. We need that kid in more commercials!

Bob Dole
03-09-2020, 02:21 AM
Individual picks or incompletions are frustrating, but few bring my piss to a boil more than the "not a free play after all" pick vs. the Texans.

Kelce gets mugged, Mahomes makes a great choice based on his field awareness and gets penalized for it, 1st pick of the season, ref ****ery, and we lost the game.

This.

Wallcrawler
03-09-2020, 07:56 AM
We’ve been so spoiled the last two years that when he actually makes a bad pass or has a somewhat off game, it’s a shock to us. Of course his off games usually means he passes for 300 yards and we still score 30 points and win the game. It’s ironic that we lost the game that was arguably his best game in Nashville.

Thats on Bieniemy/Reid.

3rd n 2 and a first down wins the game. Pats thrown for 400 so far, but is completely unable to run.

Got it! We will call a single option pass play to the worst receiver on our offense, Blake Bell!

Let's not give the best qb on earth any options on this play, im sure Bell will just be wide open with a thumb up his ass n big grin on his face.

What? One of the best 2 min defenses in football sniffed out that bullshit call?

Awwwww.

One of the top 5 dumbest coaching calls of the year. Not quite as bad as punting to houston with 5 min left, or punting to green bay with 5 minutes left and Matt Moore, but its gotta be right there at #3

Mahomes_Is_God
03-09-2020, 08:14 AM
Horrible thread. All of his passes are perfect, even the ones that get intercepted.

bobbything
03-09-2020, 08:43 AM
This.
This will go down, for me, as the biggest WTF from the officials in my lifetime. I have never seen anything like it.

Kelce gets taken down, Mahomes sees it, goes for the free play. Officials call PI (or maybe it was holding, can't remember), the Chiefs accept the penalty, they mark off the penalty, place the ball on the numbers, and we line up for 1st and 10. Then, inexplicably, the officials stop everything, huddle up, and come back and waive off the penalty and say the interceptions stands.

I have never seen officials voluntarily change their own call after that sequence of events without a coach's challenge. I have seen them throw a flag and pick it up, but nothing as egregious as that. It changed the entire flow of the game. I think we were up 17-10, or 17-7 maybe. Getting ready to score. We go on to lose the game.

gblowfish
03-09-2020, 03:14 PM
I think the two worst was the no look to Kelce and the 2nd pick in the SB. But Mahomie has been great at not turning the ball over. I have no complaints.

MahiMike
03-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Wait.

Mahomes had a bad pass?

Rain Man
03-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Wait.

Mahomes had a bad pass?

This is just a hypothetical exercise, I think.

Donger
03-09-2020, 03:40 PM
The one that he threw with his left. He looked like a girl throwing a ball.

SuperBowl4
03-09-2020, 03:50 PM
It was in pre-game warm up. the end.

KC Hawks
03-09-2020, 03:59 PM
He's probably passed on some incredible ass because of Brittany.

eDave
03-09-2020, 04:15 PM
If I were a team, I'd not intercept Mahomes. You will just make him angry. And you won't like him when he's angry.