PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Kansas just cancelled the high school state basketball tournament

Coogs
03-12-2020, 07:45 PM
At the conclusion of tonight's quarterfinal games.

http://www.kshsaa.org/

Mahomes_Is_God
03-12-2020, 07:46 PM
At the conclusion of tonight's quarterfinal games.

http://www.kshsaa.org/
This is getting retarded. The media needs to burn.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-12-2020, 08:06 PM
PGA just cancelled al of its play. NASCAR and WWE only sports left

scho63
03-12-2020, 08:12 PM
Just heard all the local doctors and hospitals here in Phoenix shut down to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

That's how crazy things have become......ROFL

Buehler445
03-12-2020, 10:02 PM
Yeah. Scott’s girls are in it. Had a shot. I really feel bad for them. Seniors last look and for the rest of them they might not ever get back. I don’t have anyone playing and I know it’s girls but I know how important the state tournament was to me when we went.

I’m kind of upset.

kjwood75nro
03-12-2020, 11:05 PM
Well, good grief.

My town of St. John, 1A Division, was seeded 3rd and won their first game, even cancelling school tomorrow so people could attend.

Then I hear that St. John native Dean Wade of the Cleveland Cavaliers (G League) is in quarantine.

You'd think living in a town of 1200 in the middle of Kansas would shield you from all the hysteria, but apparently not.

notorious
03-12-2020, 11:21 PM
Well, good grief.

My town of St. John, 1A Division, was seeded 3rd and won their first game, even cancelling school tomorrow so people could attend.

Then I hear that St. John native Dean Wade of the Cleveland Cavaliers (G League) is in quarantine.

You'd think living in a town of 1200 in the middle of Kansas would shield you from all the hysteria, but apparently not.

After running into our school in 2018, and Central Plains last season they were finally set to win it.

St. John was easily the best team in 1A this season.

kjwood75nro
03-13-2020, 12:05 AM
After running into our school in 2018, and Central Plains last season they were finally set to win it.

St. John was easily the best team in 1A this season.

If my memory serves me well, South Gray?

I assumed that losing an NBA-caliber (and walk-on NCAA-caliber) player would cause the program to fall off a cliff, but they've remained competitive.

Shame we couldn't play the tournament through, especially with top-seeded undefeated Bereans Academy getting bounced in the first round.

Rasputin
03-13-2020, 05:56 AM
My job still expects me to come to work :shake:

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-13-2020, 06:11 AM
Now we should undeniably panic.

notorious
03-13-2020, 06:42 AM
If my memory serves me well, South Gray?

I assumed that losing an NBA-caliber (and walk-on NCAA-caliber) player would cause the program to fall off a cliff, but they've remained competitive.

Shame we couldn't play the tournament through, especially with top-seeded undefeated Bereans Academy getting bounced in the first round.

Yes, SG.

To show you how good St John was looking, they knocked out SG in the Sub State finals, and SG beat a certain team that was probably going to end up in the championship game by 20 and 17 at home.

This really sucks for them. A heavy Senior lead team.

notorious
03-13-2020, 06:55 AM
Yeah. Scott’s girls are in it. Had a shot. I really feel bad for them. Seniors last look and for the rest of them they might not ever get back. I don’t have anyone playing and I know it’s girls but I know how important the state tournament was to me when we went.

I’m kind of upset.

I actually got to watch them in Cimarron. They were good.

bowener
03-13-2020, 07:28 AM
Smart move. Preventative steps to ensure safety for everyone there and everyone where they return to. All this would be different if we had actual infection rates right now, but the absolute lack of testing across the entire country is making that impossible. We had 2 months to prepare for this and we didn't. It's that simple.

burt
03-13-2020, 07:38 AM
PGA just cancelled al of its play. NASCAR and WWE only sports left

WWE....NOT a sport.

Rasputin
03-13-2020, 07:40 AM
Disney is closed people. They've done and shut down Disney.

Buehler445
03-13-2020, 08:43 AM
I actually got to watch them in Cimarron. They were good.

They’re legit. Hopefully they can keep it rolling. The coach is good.

Quite the switch though from when Oniell was here.

Mennonite
03-13-2020, 08:59 AM
WWE....NOT a sport.

If this had happened in the 80s Mr. Fuji would have been walking around the ring spraying fans with an atomizer labeled "Corona."

Lzen
03-13-2020, 09:30 AM

I’m kind of upset.

Topeka High girl's team was in the semifinals. :(

ChiTown
03-13-2020, 09:38 AM
Sucks. Our HS (Andover HS 5A Boys) had a legit shot to win State this year. 23-0 and ranked #1

WhawhaWhat
03-13-2020, 09:40 AM
Sucks. Our HS (Andover HS 5A Boys) had a legit shot to win State this year. 23-0 and ranked #1

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51qgusxaWkL._AC_SY355_.jpg

ChiTown
03-13-2020, 09:41 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51qgusxaWkL._AC_SY355_.jpg

They actually didn't even get a shot to try :deevee:

O.city
03-13-2020, 09:42 AM
Theyre having the small class finals here in Springfield this weekend, only letting in so many fans mostly family.

burt
03-13-2020, 04:00 PM
If this had happened in the 80s Mr. Fuji would have been walking around the ring spraying fans with an atomizer labeled "Corona."

And it still wouldn't be a sport.

03-13-2020, 08:22 PM
Topeka High girl's team was in the semifinals. :(22-0

big nasty kcnut
03-13-2020, 08:28 PM
Crazy i have to work at 8 a.m. tomorrow at lowes where there will be tons of people walking around I'm helping with loading and stuff. I'm a high risk due to me being sickly as a kid.

ChiTown
03-14-2020, 07:23 AM
Crazy i have to work at 8 a.m. tomorrow at lowes where there will be tons of people walking around I'm helping with loading and stuff. I'm a high risk due to me being sickly as a kid.

Take care of yourself nut! We got a SB to defend this Fall!

Buehler445
03-14-2020, 11:28 AM

Just wash your hands well before you touch your food or your face. Use hand sanitizer also if Lowe’s provides it.

You’re good dude.