PDA

View Full Version : Poop Idiots are hoarding toilet paper because?

Pages : [1] 2

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 01:20 PM
We know the idiots hoarding bottled water have zero idea about how viruses spread, the water supply, and anything, really. The toilet paper people are similarly perplexing, but their idiocy is at least worth consideration.

Why Not?
03-14-2020, 01:21 PM
Can’t even wager a guess. No clue.

SPchief
Everyone else is

Kman34
Monkey see... Monkey do...

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 01:22 PM
INB4

ChiTown
03-14-2020, 01:25 PM
Most people are idiots. Some are worse than others. This type of idiot (TP Hoarder) is taking it to a new level.

KCUnited
03-14-2020, 01:26 PM
FOMO

BWillie
03-14-2020, 01:35 PM
clearly some people have a strange irrational fear of shitting themselves.

i really don't get it. worst case scenario you could even use a towel and just clean them. one pack of toilet paper last me for months, too.

Ubeja Vontell
03-14-2020, 01:43 PM
All I needed was some potatos and cokes. So I head straight to the cokes (left wall) then the potatos (back on the west wall). Then decided to grab some coffee, way back east. So I head east from being far west, didn't take long to figure out I had made a big mistake, for some reason the flow was east to west and I was going the wrong way, I couldn't help but think of......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DctWBdv2HfE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was totally crazy, I should have started coughing that would have cleared a path.

srvy
03-14-2020, 01:43 PM
It seems stupid and selfish to me but I suppose if I'm sitting around with a chapped ass I will wish I followed them.

At first, when the shelves were getting bare I thought it was small business panicking buying it up. The public seeing this panicked seeing this and became the next wave of hoarding.

KCUnited
03-14-2020, 01:53 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing all the weight gained when people go back to work. I had to change the way I shopped when I went virtual otherwise I'd graze like a fucking cow all day. I'm seeing people clear shelves of shit food with directives to work from home indefinitely.

The Covid-19lbs

FD
03-14-2020, 01:55 PM
There is no shortage of TP, the stores will be restocked plus some soon. So it is not particularly selfish, just incredibly stupid.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-14-2020, 01:56 PM
I bought the last two 12 packs of TP in my town and traded one for a 15 pack of beer. Win!

DeepPurple
03-14-2020, 01:58 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fa7nSzCiGXk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss Thrower
03-14-2020, 01:58 PM
There is no shortage of TP, the stores will be restocked plus some soon. So it is not particularly selfish, just incredibly stupid.

I went and bought some stuff last night and the manager of the Hyvee said they had a conference call that afternoon and that they won’t get restocked on TP, wipes and hand sanitizer for at least 3 weeks.

I don't call three weeks 'soon'.

Bwana
03-14-2020, 02:02 PM
Because they are afraid they are going to have a dirty old ass!

You get some nut jobs that start buying it by the pickup load because they have shit for brains and are paranoid. Toilet paper starts running low and everyone else starts buying it because they are afraid it is going to run out, basically buying in self defense. "If I don't load up now, I won't be able to ever get it again!" mentality. It's a messed up cycle. There are a lot of things disappearing rapidly out there. Pet food is rolling off the shelves, which is another example and God only knows what else. I know meat was getting skinny in the Grocery store I was in yesterday as well. People have gone completely off the rails.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-14-2020, 02:06 PM
The only thing that would not make self incarceration work. No TP

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 02:14 PM
I began stocking at least 4 months of TP and TP in the house back in the late '90s because I'm lazy. I hate having to go to the store to buy stupid shit like that every month. And it's cheap, so why not? Of course for one person that doesn't shit 6 times a day this isn't a big deal. Even when I was married, my wife saw the reason in it, so we kept it up (would've anyway even if she didn't, but at least she could be rational occasionally).

I actually don't understand why everyone doesn't have at least a few months of TP in their house.

But this hoarding of it now is just retarded. Some friend of a friend on FB just announced a few days ago that she spend the day driving around her state buying nothing but TP and PT; nearly $3,000. WTF? Does she need $1,500 of TP for a month or two? How often does she shit? How many squares does she need for one shit? 50?

Are some of you idjits putting yourselves in debt over TP?

Donger
03-14-2020, 02:21 PM
Because three seashells are even harder to find in Denver.

Duh.

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 02:21 PM
This kind of reminds of one the the big gun/ammo runs back around 2001 or whenever it was. I went into a LGS to pick a gun that I'd ordered, and the place was a madhouse. People just sweeping boxes of ammo into carts, with no regard for what they we taking. I watched some fool walk up to the counter and point at a half a dozen semi-auto rifles and request 5 each. Then he asked what caliber they were. He never even picked one up to look at it.

People are in panic mode and just buying crap like TP and bottled water because they saw it on TV or FB. Not a whit of wit among them. The sheep are stampeding.

UK_Chief
03-14-2020, 02:24 PM
I have a 1980s bathroom in my house (renovating). It has a bidet so I’m feeling pretty smug. Never used it but quite curious

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 02:33 PM
I have a 1980s bathroom in my house (renovating). It has a bidet so I’m feeling pretty smug. Never used it but quite curious

Bidets are awesome. Why wouldn't you use it?

Spott
03-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Most people are just really stupid and easily influenced by other people that are equally dumb. If you ever want to lose faith in humanity, just visit any Walmart.

FloridaMan88
03-14-2020, 02:42 PM
The first group of people who were hoarding toilet paper were stupidly caught up in the COVID-19 hysteria and now the rest of us have no choice but to panic buy as well since the in-store inventory is so low.

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Hahaha, **** you sheep! Going to literally wipe your asses to death!:evil:

https://preview.redd.it/eeelgnp9dnl41.jpg?auto=webp&8b688f06

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Most people are just really stupid and easily influenced by other people that are equally dumb. If you ever want to lose faith in humanity, just visit any Walmart.It was really interesting to me that the Walmart TP shelves were completely empty while Target was still fully stocked. Of course, that changed after a few days and Target was bare as well. It was simply interesting that the extreme idiots appear to prefer teh Walmarts.

Buehler445
03-14-2020, 02:44 PM
We get ours through subscribe and save. We're stupid and forgot to skip it several months in a row so we have a lot in the basement.

I’ve been on the sprayer so I had no idea it was a thing. It’s such a thing that it’s a thing in SCOTT CITY KANSAS. What the fuck assholes?

Donger
03-14-2020, 02:45 PM
What the **** assholes?

LMAO

Hoopsdoc
03-14-2020, 03:07 PM

03-14-2020, 03:11 PM
Because three seashells are even harder to find in Denver.

Duh.People still don't know how to use the three seashells? Wow, this society really is stupid.

cripple creek
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=120051&stc=1&d=1584220221

Bump
I believe it's because the media started reporting that costco and other places were selling out of toilet paper and like NPC's they all started rushing for the TP.

Frazod
03-14-2020, 03:23 PM
The first group of people who were hoarding toilet paper were stupidly caught up in the COVID-19 hysteria and now the rest of us have no choice but to panic buy as well since the in-store inventory is so low.

Sadly, this is pretty much the case. Especially with the prospect of things continuing to spiral out of control.

Personally, we had plenty of TP on hand, but bought a single extra package just in case. There are only two of us, so we easily have enough now to last a few months.

I figure if we end up running out at that point, asswipe will be the least of our worries.

Indian Chief
03-14-2020, 03:32 PM
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People were too stupid to realize that there is/was no shortage of anything necessary to survive. So instead they panicked about the virus, hoarded items (which other people saw), created a shortage, and now we have a halfway panic going.

On the plus side, there is only so much that people can hoard. Unless this is going to kickstart the real estate market and people will be forced to buy bigger homes to make room for their mountains of toilet paper.

Bewbies
03-14-2020, 03:35 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html#click=https://t.co/YPeXEot79a

It was assholes.

Zebedee DuBois
03-14-2020, 03:36 PM
I installed a bidet seat on my toilet about 2 months ago.

I'm feeling great about life and great about my shiny clean butthole.

srvy
03-14-2020, 03:39 PM
A lot of small businesses buy TP cleaning supplies etc from big box stores such as Costco and Sams Club. Sams Club doesn't allow regular members in till after 10AM business members at 8AM. I was at the Sams right after 10AM a couple of weeks ago and saw vehicles at the pickup having those big carts being offloaded into trucks and vans full of TP paper towels and cleaning stuff. Folks come in after to shop and see the TP nearly gone when it's normally full up in rafters and the hoarding commences.

Donger
03-14-2020, 03:44 PM

I'm feeling great about life and great about my shiny clean butthole.

How do you know it's shiny?

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 03:45 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html#click=https://t.co/YPeXEot79a

It was assholes.

People are extremely selfish idiots.

Scooter LaCanforno
03-14-2020, 03:46 PM
I know most of you like to make fun of people who live in Florida. But people in Florida know how to store extra water and TP from Hurricane Preparedness. Especially those of us that live on islands.

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 03:53 PM
I know most of you like to make fun of people who live in Florida. But people in Florida know how to store extra water and TP from Hurricane Preparedness. Especially those of us that live on islands.

What kind of idiot lives on an island in the middle of a hurricane zone? That’s like living in a treehouse in Tulsa Oklahoma.

Spott
03-14-2020, 03:55 PM
It was really interesting to me that the Walmart TP shelves were completely empty while Target was still fully stocked. Of course, that changed after a few days and Target was bare as well. It was simply interesting that the extreme idiots appear to prefer teh Walmarts.

I went to Whole Foods today and it wasn’t too bad. I didn’t even check for TP because we didn’t need any. It seemed pretty normal there although they were low on some random items like bananas, granola and spaghetti. Other than that it was pretty normal. It may cost more to shop there, but it’s definitely worth it to not have to deal with Walmart.

siberian khatru
03-14-2020, 04:19 PM
My Walgreen’s was keeping packs of TP behind the checkout and limiting customers to one. I told them I appreciated that.

Talked to several people while running errands today and was encouraged by how many were rolling their eyes at the hoarders.

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 04:31 PM
I wonder how many TP hoarding idiots we have on CP?

Bearcat
03-14-2020, 04:39 PM

It's selfish... someone at work yesterday said they went to three different stores to find some because they actually needed some TP. And someone started grabbing a bunch, so they grabbed more than they needed because fuck everyone.

The ripple effect of otherwise intelligent people who are actually out of TP and are now doing the same thing is kind of dumb... to your point, stores will restock. But, I don't entirely blame those people for taking an extra package just in case.

FD
03-14-2020, 04:40 PM
Just checked Amazon, plenty of TP of every brand and style available. I could have it delivered to my house within 2 hours if I needed some.

Donger

BEP! BEP! BEP!

Deberg_1990
Why hoarding bottled water too?

Does no one drink tap water anymore?

Donger
03-14-2020, 04:42 PM
Just checked Amazon, plenty of TP of every brand and style available. I could have it delivered to my house within 2 hours if I needed some.

You must have a special Amazon.

The Franchise
03-14-2020, 04:43 PM
It took me an entire night just to find some at a gas station. And I was only looking because we were getting low and I have three kids.

In the last two days I’ve spent about $400 on groceries. No point in not stocking up on food that I know were going to need and might not be there the next time I have to shop.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2020, 04:45 PM

Which brands are you seeing as available? I just checked Amazon as well and every brand of toilet paper says "Out of Stock" to my LA zip code.

Same for Barilla and DeCecco pasta: Out of Stock

Costco.com is also out of stock for TP and pasta.

big nasty kcnut
03-14-2020, 04:48 PM
People that think their face is a ass so they act like a ass and hoard toilet paper.

FD
03-14-2020, 04:48 PM
Which brands are you seeing as available? I just checked Amazon as well and every brand of toilet paper says "Out of Stock" to my LA zip code.

I would post a screenshot if I could, but in Los Angeles I am looking at PrimeNow delivery options and see Quilted Norther, Cottonelle, 365 Everyday, Angel Soft, etc etc. I put one in my cart and requested delivery and they said it would come between 5-6pm if I wanted it.

I don't have a ton at home but there is no reason to panic so I am not ordering any.

Kman34
03-14-2020, 05:01 PM
They are worried that their coat will smell like shit and will need to be cleaned...

Chief Roundup
03-14-2020, 05:03 PM

A few of them are the same ones declaring that Jones tweet and Reids last public statement means that he is gone.

RedRaider56
03-14-2020, 05:05 PM
Was at the grocery store last night buying a few things, nothing crazy. The store has put a limit of 2 on items such as hand sanitizer, TP, paper towels etc.. So we get our stuff and go to check out.

Get in line behind 3 ladies. Each had a cart filled up with the limit of all the goods everyone is wanting. When it comes to check out all 3 of them pile their stuff on the conveyor belt together and one lady pays for all of it.

What' the poor high school aged checkout kid going to do? call them out on it? Nope, just checked them out and kept the line moving.

Kman34
03-14-2020, 05:08 PM

Maybe the same ones that said the Andy is a horrible football coach and will never win a SB...

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2020, 05:10 PM
I would post a screenshot if I could, but in Los Angeles

This is what I see when searching Toilet Paper on Amazon:

All brands "Out of Stock".

The only brand available is some offbrand that's made from recycled paper. Then when I click on the link for the Recycled TP, I receive this message:

Currently, there are no sellers that can deliver to your address.

Discuss Thrower
03-14-2020, 05:17 PM
Aight forget "It's 72 and Sunny in Olathe" CP meme.

The new hotness is "I can have premium toilet paper delivered to my house in 2 hours"

FD
03-14-2020, 05:23 PM
This is what I see when searching Toilet Paper on Amazon:

All brands "Out of Stock".

The only brand available is some offbrand that's made from recycled paper. Then when I click on the link for the Recycled TP, I receive this message:

Currently, there are no sellers that can deliver to your address.

I'm looking at Prime Now, not the main site.

HemiEd
03-14-2020, 05:26 PM
it makes no sense, I have no idea

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 05:33 PM
BEP! BEP! BEP!

LMAO. That seems about right.

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 05:34 PM

Pasta? People are hoarding pasta? Jesus. I just bought some angel hair at Aldi and there was plenty.

Discuss Thrower
03-14-2020, 05:35 PM
Pasta? People are hoarding pasta? Jesus. I just bought some angel hair at Aldi and there was plenty.

That's all many people can probably cook on their own.

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 05:37 PM
People should take pictures of the idiots with crap hoarded in their carts and publicly shame them online.

HayWire
03-14-2020, 06:02 PM
People should take pictures of the idiots with crap hoarded in their carts and publicly shame them online.

I thought about it earlier. Lady in front of me at Walmart had 72 rolls of TP and spent $305 in groceries

siberian khatru
03-14-2020, 06:02 PM
I thought about it earlier. Lady in front of me at Walmart had 72 rolls of TP and spent $305 in groceries

JFC

backinblack
03-14-2020, 06:07 PM
the more people keep asking this question and talking about it the more people hoard it. The news keeps rattling on about people rushing Costco so it keeps happening.

KurtCobain
03-14-2020, 06:09 PM
It's probably got something to do with your mother.

backinblack
03-14-2020, 06:13 PM
funny though people aren’t bum rushing the beer aisle, for which I’m thankful

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2020, 06:13 PM

Yep. I posted pics in the other thread of the aisle at Ralphs being completely empty.

I can't get it on Amazon, Target.com, Walmart.com or Costco.com.

I had no idea that pasta was so popular or that it was a "Desert Island" food.

HayWire
03-14-2020, 06:17 PM
My local store was running out of rice and ramen noodles. Just now seen all the 24 Walmarts are shutting down through the night due to lack of stock. What the hell

kjwood75nro
03-14-2020, 06:23 PM
Same thing happened with guns and ammo, especially .22LR, after the Sandy Hook shooting.

Stores got bought out, secondary market boomed where bricks of .22LR that normally sold for $20 were being sold at gun shows for up to $175.

All other ammo was $1 per, minimum. Any AR-style gun sold for no less than $1500 regardless of brand.

Soon, everything related to guns, even reloading supplies, got scarce and expensive.

This TP scare (and Purell, face masks, cold medicine) feels the same way, and it's a shame for the people who actually run out of TP and can't get more.

Even my local supermarket and Dollar General in a town of 1200 is out of TP, but everything else is well-stocked.

The 12=48 mega-roll of Charmin Ultra Strong that normally costs $12 is now $75 online.

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 06:28 PM
Amazon officially out of three seashell bathroom kits until November . . .

Sassy Squatch
03-14-2020, 06:28 PM
I think it was started based on a hoax. This picture was made by an Onion like site, and the gullible fuckers on Facebook ate it up.
https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2020/03/MemeOverlay_Twitterpost.png?resize=865,452

Demonpenz
03-14-2020, 06:30 PM
poor people are stupid and st joe is poor and stupid. there was a ton of people buying a shitload of shit rags and I couldn't even muster up the give a fuck meter to give a fuck .

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 06:31 PM
Same thing happened with guns and ammo, especially .22LR, after the Sandy Hook shooting.

Stores got bought out, secondary market boomed where bricks of .22LR that normally sold for $20 were being sold at gun shows for up to $175.

All other ammo was $1 per, minimum. Any AR-style gun sold for no less than $1500 regardless of brand.

Soon, everything related to guns, even reloading supplies, got scarce and expensive.

This TP scare (and Purell, face masks, cold medicine) feels the same way, and it's a shame for the people who actually run out of TP and can't get more.

Even my local supermarket and Dollar General in a town of 1200 is out of TP, but everything else is well-stocked.

The 12=48 mega-roll of Charmin Ultra Strong that normally costs $12 is now $75 online.

I checked with my buddy who runs the gun counter at Cabela's and another buddy that owns a small LGS here in town; 9mm and .223 rem/5.56 NATO are gone.

I have no idea how you wipe your ass with small caliber ammunition. I'm not a big guy, but I'd need to use at least a small handful of .44 spl/.308 Win to wipe my ass properly.

kjwood75nro
03-14-2020, 06:41 PM
I checked with my buddy who runs the gun counter at Cabela's and another buddy that owns a small LGS here in town; 9mm and .223 rem/5.56 NATO are gone.

I have no idea how you wipe your ass with small caliber ammunition. I'm not a big guy, but I'd need to use at least a small handful of .44 spl/.308 Win to wipe my ass properly.Ha, now I finally have use for Granddad's antique paper shotgun shells that I'm afraid to shoot.

The hell of it is, Covid-19 doesn't even give you the shits.

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 06:43 PM
Ha, now I finally have use for Granddad's antique paper shotgun shells that I'm afraid to shoot.

The hell of it is, Covid-19 doesn't even give you the shits.

Holy shit! Old shotshell hulls are made of paper!!!

crayzkirk
03-14-2020, 06:51 PM
Selfish and stupid. too many listening to the media hype this as the end of the world. Just like after 9/11, people were filling their tanks with gasoline because they were afraid that society would fall apart. For some reason, they fail to realize that an extra tank of gas isn't going to go very far if there is none to be had.

I was at the store today, meat section was poor (however the Sunfresh by my house is always poor) and I saw a few people loading up their carts with TP. There was plenty to be had. They are playing these people, I've never seen TP on an end cap before.

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 06:58 PM
Silver lining alert: I own stock in Kimberly-Clark (makers of Cottonelle, Kleenex, etc.)! I'm going to be rich!

srvy
03-14-2020, 06:58 PM

I just checked Amazon nothing prime only could get from other vendors. just like yesterday when I checked.

FlaChief58
03-14-2020, 06:59 PM
Bunch of dumbasses. We always have an extra 12 pack of double rolls and 4 cases of water on hand as part of our hurricane kit. We did our normal grocery shopping about 2 weeks ago which will last us at least a month. Thank God I haven't had to go to the store and witness the dumbassery first hand

srvy
03-14-2020, 07:01 PM
Why hoarding bottled water too?

Does no one drink tap water anymore?

Yeah that's completely out too at Sams Club except for ozarka spring water. No thanks, I will drink from the tap.

Spott
03-14-2020, 07:03 PM
Yeah that's completely out too at Sams Club except for ozarka spring water. No thanks, I will drink from the tap.

City water has much higher safety standards than the bottled water industry does, so drinking out of the tap is perfectly fine.

srvy
03-14-2020, 07:06 PM
City water has much higher safety standards than the bottled water industry does, so drinking out of the tap is perfectly fine.

Yes I know but tell that to my wife who grew up in the Philippines.

RustShack
03-14-2020, 07:06 PM
Because of the internet. Some people stocked up for quarantine, people said there’s a shortage, everyone then thought they needed to stock up, now there is a shortage, causing people to stock up even more when it gets back in stock, and so on.

Bump
03-14-2020, 07:09 PM
also since it's become such a meme, I imagine there's a lot of people who are doing it for the pictures that they can post on facebook. I don't have facebook, but I can pretty much imagine how many selfies are being taken and posted with their newly purchased packages of toilet paper. Basically to get attention.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2020, 07:12 PM

That might be true where you live but the tap water in Los Angeles is disgusting to the taste and the heavy mineralized and treated water leaves stains everywhere, whether it's natural or ceramic tile, plastic, metal - you name it. It routinely damages faucets and valves as well.

I drink iced tea every day and have used a Lipton Ice Tea maker since 1989. The difference between using tap water and bottled water is astounding, not only to the taste but the clarity of the tea. It's night and day.

That said, we only drink from our GE refrigerator in which I change the water filter at least every 90 days but it's still not nearly as clear as bottled water. Most, if not all, of my neighbors have drinking water delivered.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2020, 07:14 PM
also since it's become such a meme, I imagine there's a lot of people who are doing it for the pictures that they can post on facebook. I don't have facebook, but I can pretty much imagine how many selfies are being taken and posted with their newly purchased packages of toilet paper. Basically to get attention.

I haven't seen a single instance of people taking pictures of their purchases.

Lprechaun
03-14-2020, 07:40 PM
So now the rest of the country can see what it's like here every hurricane threat. Somehow people are freaking out here more about this than a 300 mile wide storm bearing down on them.

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2020, 08:04 PM
Interesting development: Was just at Hy-Vee and the entire side wall was FULL of toilet paper. I asked a dude and he said it had been that way for several hours. For context, we live in a college town where, ostensibly, folks are better educated. Bottled water was on sale with a full section as well.

Perhaps people are coming to their senses.

Spott
03-14-2020, 08:14 PM
Yep. I posted pics in the other thread of the aisle at Ralphs being completely empty.

I can't get it on Amazon, Target.com, Walmart.com or Costco.com.

I had no idea that pasta was so popular or that it was a "Desert Island" food.

I had no idea about the pasta, either. I went to get one package of spaghetti at Whole Foods today and the entire section was wiped out. I did find a bag of pasta called conchiglie that should work. They did have plenty of pasta available in their prepared food section. Other than the pasta, they were stocked surprisingly well.

Megatron96
03-14-2020, 08:22 PM
I had no idea about the pasta, either. I went to get one package of spaghetti at Whole Foods today and the entire section was wiped out. I did find a bag of pasta called conchiglie that should work. They did have plenty of pasta available in their prepared food section. Other than the pasta, they were stocked surprisingly well.

Lots of good Conchiglioni recipes. Just a big shell; or can be treated like macaroni. One recipe I like basically treats Conchiglioni like lasagna. Or rather mini lasagnas inside each Conchiglioni.

Pablo
03-14-2020, 08:27 PM
Maybe they have...anal seepage.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-14-2020, 08:54 PM
If you die and reanimate you need to eat brains(zombie)
If you comeback wrapped in TP, you do not(mummy)

RJ
03-14-2020, 09:21 PM
Maybe just more toilet paper is being sold per day and not that many people are actually hoarding?

Sometimes required inventory levels change.

prhom
03-14-2020, 09:33 PM
Eventually people will have to stop spending money on stupid shit, right? Everyone has their 6 month supply of TP, bottled water and spaghetti so now the stores can restock.

cdcox
03-14-2020, 09:52 PM
I never bought more than one pack at a time, have not bought any in a week, and still have a month in reserve. Checkmate to all of you.

Chaunceythe3rd
03-14-2020, 10:30 PM
Reminds me of Y2K panic. People buying dried beans by the barrelful. Russians and Chinese gotta be loving this. They don't have to interfere in our elections to drive us into absolute mass hysteria over any natural occurrence such as a change of date. I believe that illegal immigrants are bringing the coronavirus to U.S. So where is the haste to close the southern border?

Pitt Gorilla
03-15-2020, 12:43 AM
Reminds me of Y2K panic. People buying dried beans by the barrelful. Russians and Chinese gotta be loving this. They don't have to interfere in our elections to drive us into absolute mass hysteria over any natural occurrence such as a change of date. I believe that illegal immigrants are bringing the coronavirus to U.S. So where is the haste to close the southern border?
Get the DC crap out of here, you butt-****ing moron.

CarlosCarson27
03-15-2020, 01:03 AM
I bought the last two 12 packs of TP in my town and traded one for a 15 pack of beer. Win!

which is the way we should get rid of capitalism and go back to this

CarlosCarson27
03-15-2020, 01:04 AM

and looking back, that was a dumb as fuck lie. Nothing was going to go wrong and they already knew it

CarlosCarson27
03-15-2020, 01:09 AM
a local market chain here, Fred Meyer's.
has decided to only allow a minimum purchase of TP per customer.
which is funny in a way.. last summer there was a water contamination issue, allegedly.
the same old.. well, if youre pregnant or old or unhealthy, it might affect you...
they were still charging for the bottled water.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-15-2020, 02:58 AM
This should really be good for the economy. I mean people are spending like crazy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-15-2020, 03:03 AM
Meanwhile Proctor & Gamble who makes Charmin ,their stock was up 12% Friday.

scho63
03-15-2020, 06:46 AM
People are hoarding toilet paper because they are:

ASSHOLES

Chargem
03-15-2020, 07:06 AM
Is it actually good for toilet paper makers, or for the economy? Surely this short term surge will be offset by people not spending much as they run down their supply after the panic is over.

It's only good for the manufacturers if toilet paper usage increases, and no one can work out why it will?

sd4chiefs
03-15-2020, 08:39 AM
I talked to my Sister-n-law, who lives in Wisconson, said that the only beer left at the grocery store was Corona. :doh!:

Spott
03-15-2020, 09:12 AM
I talked to my Sister-n-law, who lives in Wisconson, said that the only beer left at the grocery store was Corona. :doh!:

To be fair, Corona is basically just Budweiser with a lime.

Among all this consumer nonsense, I am really happy that coffee isn’t one of the things being hoarded.

Miles
03-15-2020, 09:26 AM
To be fair, Corona is basically just Budweiser with a lime.

Among all this consumer nonsense, I am really happy that coffee isn’t one of the things being hoarded.

Agreed. I was running low a few days ago and coffee was the one item I was actually concerned would be part of this mess.

BigRedChief
03-15-2020, 10:00 AM

I'm feeling great about life and great about my shiny clean butthole.That seems to be a better way to clean ourselfs. Its water pressure right up in there right? Does it splatter everywhere and all over the bowl and your ass? Or does the flush take it all away?

FlaChief58
03-15-2020, 10:07 AM
We just got back from wally world to pick up some milk, bread and a few other things. The shelves look like they do when we have a hurricane bearing down on us. Hardly any non perrishables, no toilet paper ROFL, nothing anti bacterial in the store except for 2 small bottles of hand sanitizer and 4 packs of hand wipes. I picked them all up for my mom who is going through chemo right now. Other than that, everyone was calm and respectful more so than I've ever seen there.

The lady at the checkout said it hasn't been too bad and that they're closing at 11pm to allow them to restock

Fish
03-15-2020, 10:47 AM
BEP right now...

https://i.imgur.com/T3Affkc.jpg

Fish
03-15-2020, 11:19 AM
Don't be this douche....

<iframe width="598" height="336" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/18wybjhCqg8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pablo
03-15-2020, 11:22 AM
BEP right now...

https://i.imgur.com/T3Affkc.jpg

LMAO

Imagine being quarantined with that sack of crazy.

Fish
03-15-2020, 11:30 AM
Yeah, nope...

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1584293357"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/fiua1k/there_must_be_something_truly_magical_at_the_end/">There must be something truly magical at the end of this queue</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks">r/Wellthatsucks</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

The Franchise
03-15-2020, 11:30 AM
Don't be this douche....

<iframe width="598" height="336" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/18wybjhCqg8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was in the Air Force with him. He was a douche then too.

FlaChief58
03-15-2020, 11:32 AM
Don't be this douche....

This fuck wad is what's wrong with the world. Hopefully this 20 + thousand dollars kick in the nuts will teach him a lesson

Rausch
03-15-2020, 01:40 PM
This **** wad is what's wrong with the world. Hopefully this 20 + thousand dollars kick in the nuts will teach him a lesson

If things get bad enough to pay the price he's asking someone will just murder him and take all his shit.

And not one person will care...

Donger
03-15-2020, 01:58 PM
Yeah, nope...

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1584293357"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/fiua1k/there_must_be_something_truly_magical_at_the_end/">There must be something truly magical at the end of this queue</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks">r/Wellthatsucks</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

That is just insane.

Megatron96
03-15-2020, 02:06 PM
Yeah, nope...

Is that for real? Freaking morons if it is.

Donger
03-15-2020, 02:08 PM
What did Costco do, commandeer a parking lot down the street for their carts?

LMAO

srvy
03-15-2020, 02:23 PM
That is just insane.

They are making you wet wipe down your cart before entering that Costco it was on news.

Donger
03-15-2020, 02:30 PM
They are making you wet wipe down your cart before entering that Costco it was on news.

Good. I've been doing that for years.

stumppy
03-15-2020, 02:33 PM
Went to Walmart earlier this morning. They were restocking toilet paper with the huge packages, like 32 rolls in each. Only had about 15 - 20 of those. I was going to buy some but I don't need that many. Hell, a 6 pack of double rolls lasts about a month or so here.

Cold/flu medicine, paper towels, bleach, rubbing alcohol, hand soap, pasta, bags of chicken breasts, were all gone. I did notice all of the name brand bread was gone, plenty of generic/store brand though.

I was able to buy about everything I needed. Stocked up on dog food and regular groceries.

srvy
03-15-2020, 02:37 PM
Went to Walmart earlier this morning. They were restocking toilet paper with the huge packages, like 32 rolls in each. Only had about 15 - 20 of those. I was going to buy some but I don't need that many. Hell, a 6 pack of double rolls lasts about a month or so here.

Cold/flu medicine, paper towels, bleach, rubbing alcohol, hand soap, pasta, bags of chicken breasts, were all gone. I did notice all of the name brand bread was gone, plenty of generic/store brand though.

I was able to buy about everything I needed. Stocked up on dog food and regular groceries.

Eggs for some reason are cleaned out everywhere I have been. My family loves eggs its taking a hit on Sunday breakfast.

FlaChief58
03-15-2020, 02:38 PM
Buddy of mine is trying to find tp because he's almost out. Between him, his wife and 2 roommates all driving around in separate cars, they couldn't find any in any store around town. Now is when I make my move ;)

Megatron96
03-15-2020, 02:39 PM
Everyone just needs to calm down. What's the worst case scenario again? Something like 5% of the population might die from this virus? The middle-of-the-road prognosis is around 2%? So even if you catch this thing you're about 20 times more likely to survive it than die from it?

stumppy
03-15-2020, 02:40 PM
Eggs for some reason are cleaned out everywhere I have been. My family loves eggs its taking a hit on Sunday breakfast.

Yea, forgot about those, they were almost gone but were being restocked.

ptlyon
03-15-2020, 02:43 PM
Everyone just needs to calm down. What's the worst case scenario again? Something like 5% of the population might die from this virus? The middle-of-the-road prognosis is around 2%? So even if you catch this thing you're about 20 times more likely to survive it than die from it?

Quit talking sense please. The world would rather go ape shit.

FlaChief58
03-15-2020, 02:46 PM

The Wal-Mart we went to this morning had plenty eggs. We picked up an 18 pack. Canned goods, in particular soup was a whole different story

Megatron96
03-15-2020, 02:48 PM
This is why you shouldn't make your kids wear helmets, knee and elbow pads just to ride their bikes around the block. It breeds levels of irrational hyper-vigilance that border on phobic.

Pitt Gorilla
03-15-2020, 03:38 PM
This **** wad is what's wrong with the world. Hopefully this 20 + thousand dollars kick in the nuts will teach him a lesson

I agree, but that’s capitalism.

UK_Chief
03-15-2020, 03:40 PM
Everyone is shitting themselves

Kman34
03-15-2020, 04:18 PM
Everyone is shitting themselves

Use a corncob..

DRM08
03-15-2020, 04:34 PM

Correct. The panic we are seeing is evidence of how fragile our society is. Imagine if there was a massive spread of bird flu or ebola. Those viruses kill about 50% of the cases. Bird flu is especially scary to think about because of the unsanitary food markets in China.

Beef Supreme
03-15-2020, 04:55 PM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-G0VZISVNmfA%2FUV6UGil0ycI%2FAAAAAAAApsE%2FCxiwTCS5mvk%2Fs640%2FWhen%2Bthe%2Bchips%2Bare%2Bdown%2Bthe se%2Bcivilized%2Bpeople%2Bthey%2527ll%2Beat%2Beach%2Bother.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Road Hog
03-15-2020, 05:19 PM
Has anyone told the Amish yet?

jerryaldini
03-15-2020, 05:21 PM

Wait, what? 5 percent, or 2 percent even is terrible. 16 million, or 6 million. Think about one of twenty people you know being dead from this. The annual death rate from all causes is less than 1 percent. 5x that is catastrophic.

We can hope it's well below 1 percent.

eDave
03-15-2020, 05:21 PM
I'm sitting on 18 rolls. It's 2-ply so I can ration to 36 if need be.

Boy Scout thinking.

Megatron96
03-15-2020, 05:26 PM
Wait, what? 5 percent, or 2 percent even is terrible. 16 million, or 6 million. Think about one of twenty people you know being dead from this. The annual death rate from all causes is less than 1 percent. 5x that is catastrophic.

We can hope it's well below 1 percent.

I was only referring to the math; you have more than a 95% chance of surviving the thing even if you catch it. If you're under 40, you have even better odds, something like 98.5% of being just fine. I just used 5% because I've been hearing and reading death rates that are inconsistent; anything from less to 1%, to as much as 6%.

And I'm over 50, and I used to smoke almost a pack-a-day for almost three decades. Reduced down to about a pack a week a couple years ago, but my lungs are damaged, no question. So that one in twenty you're talking about? That's probably me.

srvy
03-15-2020, 05:29 PM
I'm sitting on 18 rolls. It's 2-ply so I can ration to 36 if need be.

Boy Scout thinking.

You will get shitty fingers.

srvy
03-15-2020, 05:36 PM
Why is butter and margarine wiped out? Is it a coronavirus preventer. Butter up!

dlphg9
03-15-2020, 05:38 PM

The Spanish flu killed 50-100 million and it only had a 2.5% mortality rate. A 5% mortality rate would be insane and thankfully it looks like it should be much less than 5% when all is said and done. If we can keep the old people from getting it, then this wont kill very many people.

Im just sick of people saying oh this isn't a big deal. You know what happens when people thibk that? They dont give a shit if they are spreading it or not and enough people not caring could devastate the medical community and could kill more people that would have more than likely survived with the treatment they needed.

Buehler445
03-15-2020, 05:41 PM
I was in the Air Force with him. He was a douche then too.

No fucking way. You should have killed him and buried his ass in the woods when you had the chance.

Props to amazon for pulling his account. Fuck that assface.

eDave
03-15-2020, 05:42 PM
You will get shitty fingers.

I'm sitting on 8 ounces of CVS hand sanitizer.

stumppy
03-15-2020, 05:44 PM
I'm sitting on 8 ounces of CVS hand sanitizer.

That math isn't going to work out like your hoping.:D

eDave
03-15-2020, 05:48 PM
That math isn't going to work out like your hoping.:D

No prunes.

stumppy
03-15-2020, 05:53 PM
Go buy yourself a couple block of Velveeta cheese. You'll be fine.

eDave
03-15-2020, 05:54 PM
Go buy yourself a couple block of Velveeta cheese. You'll be fine.

Yup. Can't wipe if you don't drop a deuce.

https://cdn130.picsart.com/260832909030212.png?type=webp&to=min&r=640

FlaChief58
03-15-2020, 06:02 PM
I agree, but that’s capitalism.

Wrong, that's being a piece of shit

R Clark
03-15-2020, 06:27 PM
I was only referring to the math; you have more than a 95% chance of surviving the thing even if you catch it. If you're under 40, you have even better odds, something like 98.5% of being just fine. I just used 5% because I've been hearing and reading death rates that are inconsistent; anything from less to 1%, to as much as 6%.

And I'm over 50, and I used to smoke almost a pack-a-day for almost three decades. Reduced down to about a pack a week a couple years ago, but my lungs are damaged, no question. So that one in twenty you're talking about? That's probably me.

Damn I’ll be 60 next month and I’ve smoked a pack and a half forever to say nothing of the many , many left handed ones lol . I reckon I am a dead man if I catch it, good thing is I live in middle of nowhere and have very little contact with people. My wife works in town at the courthouse , hope she doesn’t bring it home. damn thinking about the numbers and I am getting a little freaked out. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning, sober it will get back to not looking so bleak out lol

Demonpenz
03-15-2020, 06:48 PM
g

eDave
03-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Dude.

jerryaldini
03-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Pretty annoying not being able to find chicken, ground beef or pasta here. I'm hoping the crazies came out early and are satisfied with their hoard and are done for now.

Estimates I've seen are one third to one half of us infected over the next 18 months. Fatality less than one percent if curve flat enough to treat the severe cases. It's the high predicted hospitalization rate and not having the beds and ventilators for the elderly that scares me. Can't imagine my 85 year old mom dying because she can't get hospitalization.

Demonpenz
03-15-2020, 06:56 PM
r

eDave
03-15-2020, 06:57 PM
That's better. Whatever that was.

Munson
03-15-2020, 07:02 PM
Get ahead of the rush and start stocking up on booze and cigarettes.

They'll be the next items to disappear off the shelves if the coronavirus really gets out of control in this country.

Shiver Me Timbers
03-15-2020, 07:04 PM
Wife and I drove by Costco yesterday.
the parking lot looked kind of normal.
Then I realized the people coming out didn't have a shopping cart (or anything in a shopping cart).

Demonpenz
03-15-2020, 07:14 PM
v

eDave
03-15-2020, 07:15 PM
Demonpenz got something.

Demonpenz
03-15-2020, 07:23 PM
pablo went hard with that ms paint and I wanted to do stuff even though I have lost my fastball

Demonpenz
03-15-2020, 07:28 PM
t

eDave
03-15-2020, 07:38 PM
Here's the code so far:

G
R
V
T

Chiefshrink
03-15-2020, 08:13 PM
Now with immediate communication with technology(a la social media) it is so much easier to manipulate the masses with (monkey see monkey do) go into immediate panic mode exposing just how mentally and emotionally soft not only our nation and culture are but the rest of the world as well. Critical thinking skills have been totally lost for sure.:rolleyes:

BIG_DADDY
03-15-2020, 09:11 PM
Chinese most of them are Chinese here. There is going to be a major blowback on a global scale, culturally speaking IMO. I already see it here.

Strongside
03-15-2020, 09:49 PM
Can we try to start a viral campaign for something random going out of stock and see if it picks up?

What about those little toothpicks you can floss with? Or maybe rolls of plastic sheeting? What about Ice cube trays?

Rain Man
03-15-2020, 10:00 PM
Can we try to start a viral campaign for something random going out of stock and see if it picks up?

What about those little toothpicks you can floss with? Or maybe rolls of plastic sheeting? What about Ice cube trays?

Not those little toothpick flossers. I use those.

Let's go with market research being out of stock. I could use the boost in business.

BWillie
03-15-2020, 10:15 PM

Congratulations.

You've won the award for the worst post in this entire thread.

And trust me. There has been many.

BWillie
03-15-2020, 10:20 PM
I think people who are saying people are panicking are the ones I'm worried about. Is buying too much food and TP panicking? Panicking is trampling each other. Robbing and looting houses. Assaults. I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Chief Pagan
03-15-2020, 10:27 PM
That is a fair point and it can always get worse.

Getting a two or three week supply, sure.

But when people know certain items are running low and they buy a six month plus supply...

That is either a dick move or a panic move. Take your pick.

Chiefshrink
03-15-2020, 11:04 PM
That is either a dick move or a panic move. Take your pick.

Both !!;)

jerryaldini
03-15-2020, 11:12 PM
I bet the hoarders will also be the ones demanding to be tested without real symptoms. I would be fascinated to see statistics on the demographic characteristics of hoarders.

UK_Chief
03-16-2020, 12:44 AM
Bidets are awesome. Why wouldn't you use it?

There isn’t a toilet in the bathroom (go figure) so I’d have to walk from the other bathroom with a dirty ass to the other end of the hallway. So far not needed to mainly because I have a 12 year supply of toilet paper

dlphg9
03-16-2020, 02:52 AM
I think people who are saying people are panicking are the ones I'm worried about. Is buying too much food and TP panicking? Panicking is trampling each other. Robbing and looting houses. Assaults. I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Yeah people obviously dont know what real panicking is. As far as I have seen no one has fought over a pack of TP. If people were panicking itd be like black friday with people throwing down

Spott
03-16-2020, 04:40 AM
I bet the hoarders will also be the ones demanding to be tested without real symptoms. I would be fascinated to see statistics on the demographic characteristics of hoarders.

It’s basically the average Walmart shopper.

Baby Lee
03-16-2020, 07:13 AM
I think the stock up has two different origins

Intitially, there were the 'entrepreneurs' who figured they could corner a market on something and make bank on resale. That's largely died off as resale centers like ebay have clamped down and social shaming has risen up.

But for the rest, I think it comes in stages. First you notice if you're short on supplies, then you talk yourself into the effort to resupply. THEN, when you get there and you see the mayhem, and you get caught up in the frenzy, you talk yourself into securing as much as your pocketbook and storage space will allow. Basically, when faced with a purchase decision, people are getting caught up in both the effort to get the supplies and how the frenzy of others affects how you think the next attempt will go.

Baby Lee
03-16-2020, 07:18 AM
Yeah people obviously dont know what real panicking is. As far as I have seen no one has fought over a pack of TP. If people were panicking itd be like black friday with people throwing down

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DQv5PWMzI-w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kman34
03-16-2020, 07:54 AM
<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DQv5PWMzI-w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those cows probably use a whole roll with each shit.. Sad ignorant people..

dlphg9
03-16-2020, 10:04 AM

Surprisingly this isnt in the US. I'd probably choke a bitch too if I was coming into get TP and it was all gone because some skank ass white bitch took all of it. God damn shit is ridiculous to take that much.

SuperBowl4
03-16-2020, 10:05 AM
Because we're getting ready to TP your residence

Rasputin
03-17-2020, 12:55 PM
So like I'm not so worried about a shortage on toilet paper I think i got enough to get by anyways.

Since I've started my Keto diet and losing weight I've notes that I've had near perfect poops meaning barley need to wipe if at all. They drop and I hardly ever get any brown on the tp meaning my butt crack is clean. So I think I can be quarantined and have enough toilet paper.

My prayer is for each of you to have clean wipes during this crisis of toilet paper nut job hoarders taking all the toilet paper.

loochy
03-17-2020, 01:03 PM
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DQv5PWMzI-w" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="949" height="534" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm on the black lady's side.

F those hoarding bitches

sd4chiefs
03-17-2020, 01:29 PM
<iframe width="1070" height="602" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aaa_zb7GwWc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin
03-17-2020, 01:44 PM

F those hoarding bitches

If i was the store manager i'd become the TP Nazi and tell that hoarding bitch

NO TP FOR YOU

03-17-2020, 08:24 PM

NO TP FOR YOUNeeds to be a meme

eDave
03-17-2020, 08:26 PM

Eh. I live well. Our shelves are bare. Though it took a while.

BossChief
03-17-2020, 08:32 PM

NO TP FOR YOU

I’ve only watched it once, but isn’t that kinda what he did?

HemiEd
03-17-2020, 09:17 PM
I have never seen anything like this.

We went to 4 stores today, small local stores to Walmart then to Super Walmart. All of them with clean shelves empty of dry goods, soups and paper goods. Meat dept was also pretty well cleaned out.
Plenty of produce though!:D

Fortunately, we live in a remote area and keep a pretty good stock, but this is crazy. I get a slight feel for what it must be like in Venezuela.

Halfcan
03-17-2020, 09:18 PM
Hoarding toilet paper is a shitty investment. You are literally flushing your money down the drain.

eDave
03-17-2020, 09:19 PM
I have never seen anything like this.

We went to 4 stores today, small local stores to Walmart then to Super Walmart. All of them with clean shelves empty of dry goods, soups and paper goods. Meat dept was also pretty well cleaned out.
Plenty of produce though!:D

Fortunately, we live in a remote area and keep a pretty good stock, but this is crazy. I get a slight feel for what it must be like in Venezuela.

So many apples.

jerryaldini
03-17-2020, 09:29 PM

Yeah I'm seeing lines just to get into the big box stores like Costco when there's a regular grocery store down the street they could just walk into.. Honestly think some enjoy the drama. Like the people on their cell phones reporting where they are and what they're getting like it's a military mission.

Rain Man
03-17-2020, 09:38 PM

F those hoarding bitches

Those two hoarding women should be shot. Right outside the store where no paper products will be necessary to clean up the blood.

Iowanian
03-17-2020, 09:43 PM
I've seen 2 area communities that have had sewer issues due to slugging from an increase in "flushable wipes".

baitism
03-17-2020, 09:46 PM
Pieces of shit need to stop buying up all the flushable wet wipes, too.

Frazod
03-18-2020, 06:19 AM
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/89951569_2642906202595310_3099094078323687424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=tK_7W6cQtwwAX8HajhV&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=fb8255321d84f9fb489ca547489f11ef&oe=5E985C44

03-18-2020, 07:18 AM
Those two hoarding women should be shot. Right outside the store where no paper products will be necessary to clean up the blood.Only one was hoarding. The other was asking for one package.

Sure-Oz
03-18-2020, 08:47 AM
@rahm3sh: The sound effects sent me to a place I’ve never been [emoji24][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji3545] https://twitter.com/rahm3sh/status/1239965552283488257/video/1

Sure-Oz
03-18-2020, 08:50 AM

F those hoarding bitchesThis. That lady had like 7+ packages. Fucking ridiculous. People fucking be smart and take what's needed even if it's just 1 extra that helps others. Crazy

Rain Man
03-18-2020, 08:50 AM
Only one was hoarding. The other was asking for one package.

I meant the two who were ganging up against the one who was asking. Yeah, the asking one is innocent of all allegations.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 08:52 AM
Pieces of shit need to stop buying up all the flushable wet wipes, too.

All this stuff, TP, PT and wet wipes are now being rationed at stores.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 08:58 AM
I think it is because people react to the real biological fear of death engaging in any means they perceive will protect them from it. Excrement is the fundamental symbol of death as it screams we are only bodies and nothing more. Especially in an era of anti-religion, where science types claim there is no heaven. Bodies are buried in the earth to rot away with maggots and the where the shit goes. So it's fear of death of which TP is unconsciously associated.

So folks think toilet paper will keep clean and safe.

Kman34
03-18-2020, 09:07 AM
I think it is because people react to the real biological fear of death engaging in any means they perceive will protect them from it. Excrement is the fundamental symbol of death as it screams we are only bodies and nothing more. Especially in an era of anti-religion, where science types claim there is no heaven. Bodies are buried in the earth to rot away with maggots and the where the shit goes. So it's fear of death of which TP is unconsciously associated.

So folks think toilet paper will keep clean and safe.

Naw... They are a bunch of selfish assholes who can’t figure out how to clean their ass with something other than TP..

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 09:11 AM
Naw... They are a bunch of selfish assholes who can’t figure out how to clean their ass with something other than TP..

Well, I would disagree it makes them selfish whether you do or not.

Otherwise, I thought I'd take a stab at it intellectually rather than emotionally waving the finger.

BigRedChief
03-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Most grocery stores down here are limiting purchases to two packages now.

FloridaMan88
03-18-2020, 09:57 AM
Government officials: "Panic, hysteria, shelter in place, curfew, don't leave your home, don't have gatherings of more than 10 people, shut down all businesses..."

Same Government officials: "Why is everyone panic shopping?"

:rolleyes:

ScareCrowe
03-18-2020, 10:31 AM
Well, I would disagree it makes them selfish whether you do or not.

Otherwise, I thought I'd take a stab at it intellectually rather than emotionally waving the finger.

First of all aren't you one of the TP hoarders? I specifically remember you posting about how you were planning to barter with all the TP you've hoarded.

With that being said I'd really like to see you explain how buying way more than you need solely in your own self interest, to the point others can't get what they need for the short term isn't selfish.

JohnnyHammersticks
03-18-2020, 10:37 AM
<iframe width="1070" height="602" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aaa_zb7GwWc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Would.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 11:43 AM
Most grocery stores down here are limiting purchases to two packages now.

Nope. One only--at Costco and Publix on a daily basis.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 11:57 AM
First of all aren't you one of the TP hoarders? I specifically remember you posting about how you were planning to barter with all the TP you've hoarded.

With that being said I'd really like to see you explain how buying way more than you need solely in your own self interest, to the point others can't get what they need for the short term isn't selfish.

No, I think you need to explain how having extra TP, purchased in a time of abundance and plenty to-go-around 8 years ago, in order to barter with others, is selfish, when bartering is a mutual exchange that gives each side what they need. Ya' know you got something I need, and I have something you need--let's make a deal. That's a GOOD thing--NOT a BAD thing.

My buying extra at earlier times, did not adversely affect any one at that time, and others could take of the same abundance in availability but choose not to.

As I have said before, when you live in a hurricane-prone area you need to have preparedness so you avoid the lines or go without. It's usually canned food and water people stock, with TP overlooked. So you use the TP for barter with others to trade as it often overlooked.

My self-interest? You say that like there is something wrong with that. Self-interest and survival isn't necessarily selfishness. It's a healthy self-interest.
Per your value system and reasoning, my having stocked with other preparedness items such as long-shelf freeze-dried foods is also selfish.

Apparently you have some animus towards it so try to paint it as a bad selfish behavior. Sounds to me like you didn't ever think of some remote possibility of any disaster to prepare for some sudden emergency if it ever struck and now you're criticizing others for your own lack in foresight by virtue-signaling that you're more virtuous and good.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 12:02 PM
BTW it's called "prepping" not "hoarding." The latter is derogatory.

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2020, 12:05 PM
Most grocery stores down here are limiting purchases to two packages now.Why didn't they do that a week ago? The big stores absolutely knew what was happening and could have stopped it fairly quickly.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 12:11 PM
Why didn't they do that a week ago? The big stores absolutely knew what was happening and could have stopped it fairly quickly.

No one knew how things were going to pan out until it looked like it was really going to be worse or bad. Information and policy has been changing regularly.
Now there might be a full two-week shut-down. That means folks need enough for two weeks but some think a couple of months and there are different size families. There's conflicting information as well. I read the regs were loosened on truck drivers to allow them to drive more or for longer, yet I overhear Costco saying their truck did not arrive for PTs. Then a man claiming the truck drivers are not driving because of the virus so supply chains are not being affected inside the country. They now post a sign out front as to what they no longer have in-stock. I was at Michael's this morning, which is next to my Costco and already the line from the day before outside has 4X'd. Cashier at Publix tells me people are in line at 7 AM every day now. But there are definitely shortages and that freaks people out to get as much as they can. The stores like like supermarkets in the former Soviet Union.

I saw the change over a two week period, just doing my normal Costco run. Two weeks and a few days ago, I couldn't understand why Costco was a virtual traffic jam inside until I did my next round and people were lined up outside waiting to get in.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 12:20 PM
Where I buy my fish, which is an outdoor fish market, the cashier told me Costco took away her husband's second package of eggs. She said her and her husband normally eat 120 eggs per week--mostly just using egg-whites. They're fitness people.

So the rationing doesn't take into consideration what some normally buy or even family sizes.

I don't even understand why there is rationing when we hear the experts telling people our farmers make enough food and there is plenty of TP and PTs. That contradicts the need to ration if that's the case, and yet there are shortages. If there's plenty then why shortages, especially with stores placing limits on items.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-18-2020, 12:26 PM
If you people would learn to fast like ive been doing over the past year you would need much toilet paper. Do a 48 hour fast eat a meal, do a 24 eat a meal, do a 48 eat 2 meals etc.... I can make a roll last 2-3 weeks like that.

But right now I have intermittent beer shits .

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Or just pass on the fiber and go less. :jester:

BigRedChief
03-18-2020, 12:32 PM
Nope. One only--at Costco and Publix on a daily basis.
It’s ridiculous. Everyone uses toilet paper. I’m sure we have the manufacturing capacity to provide TP to everyone. Assholes hoarding and buying up TP caused this. How long before people’s TP stock runs out? They can’t get Tp? Riots over TP?:doh!:

FlaChief58
03-18-2020, 12:33 PM
If you people would learn to fast like ive been doing over the past year you would need much toilet paper. Do a 48 hour fast eat a meal, do a 24 eat a meal, do a 48 eat 2 meals etc.... I can make a roll last 2-3 weeks like that.

But right now I have intermittent beer shits .

I like food too much to participate in such foolishness, plus I feel bloated if I don't take a big old dump at least once a day.

ScareCrowe
03-18-2020, 12:45 PM
No, I think you need to explain how having extra TP, purchased in a time of abundance and plenty to-go-around 8 years ago, in order to barter with others, is selfish, when bartering is a mutual exchange that gives each side what they need. Ya' know you got something I need, and I have something you need--let's make a deal. That's a GOOD thing--NOT a BAD thing.

My buying extra at earlier times, did not adversely affect any one at that time, and others could take of the same abundance in availability but choose not to.

As I have said before, when you live in a hurricane-prone area you need to have preparedness so you avoid the lines or go without. It's usually canned food and water people stock, with TP overlooked. So you use the TP for barter with others to trade as it often overlooked.

My self-interest? You say that like there is something wrong with that. Self-interest and survival isn't necessarily selfishness. It's a healthy self-interest.
Per your value system and reasoning, my having stocked with other preparedness items such as long-shelf freeze-dried foods is also selfish.

Apparently you have some animus towards it so try to paint it as a bad selfish behavior. Sounds to me like you didn't ever think of some remote possibility of any disaster to prepare for some sudden emergency if it ever struck and now you're criticizing others for your own lack in foresight by virtue-signaling that you're more virtuous and good.

Yes it's not quite as bad because you didn't rush out knowing there would be a shortage & buy. However your entire premise is to take advantage of some sort of crisis by bartering with TP at an increased rate vs what you paid for it.

And, no, I'm fine on TP. Try again with the analysis. I think the more likely scenario is you're defending the behavior because you're guilty of the same thing to some degree.

Bwana
03-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Heh my neighbor came over and told me our local Costco just got in a big shipment. I told him thanks, but I'm good.

J Diddy
03-18-2020, 12:57 PM
I won a free subscription to Sports Illustrated from T-Mobile. I have ample supply that also doubles as reading material.

I improvised, I adapted.

Bwana
03-18-2020, 01:47 PM
I won a free subscription to Sports Illustrated from T-Mobile. I have ample supply that also doubles as reading material.

I improvised, I adapted.

I guess If I run into hard times, I also have a 60 pound box of shop rags out there. :drool:

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 01:52 PM
Yes it's not quite as bad because you didn't rush out knowing there would be a shortage & buy. However your entire premise is to take advantage of some sort of crisis by bartering with TP at an increased rate vs what you paid for it.

That's just your opinion...a bullshit one. You're jealous and triggered.

And, no, I'm fine on TP. Try again with the analysis. I think the more likely scenario is you're defending the behavior because you're guilty of the same thing to some degree.
Virtue signaler.

Prolly just jealous of anyone who was smarter and likely hate successful people too. See I can play the same games as you, Mr. Judgmental. No wonder you call yourself a scarecrowe. :jester:

Thing is people laughed back in 2012--now they're not.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 01:53 PM
Heh my neighbor came over and told me our local Costco just got in a big shipment. I told him thanks, but I'm good.

My neighbor just told me Costco is now restricting how many can enter the store here.

Bwana
03-18-2020, 01:56 PM
My neighbor just told me Costco is now restricting how many can enter the store here.

Probably not the worst idea.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 01:58 PM
Probably not the worst idea.

Yeah, because you can't even get through the store without traffic lights and stop signs or someone directing traffic. The lines to the checkout went all the way to the back of the store and I only had two items.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 01:59 PM
It’s ridiculous. Everyone uses toilet paper. I’m sure we have the manufacturing capacity to provide TP to everyone. Assholes hoarding and buying up TP caused this. How long before people’s TP stock runs out? They can’t get Tp? Riots over TP?:doh!:

True. Women use more than men, because you guys shake on #1 and don't bleed.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2020, 02:00 PM

I improvised, I adapted.

But it's glossy paper and glides only on the surface. A little bit of tooth, but soft, is needed. :jester:

Too much information?

Megatron96
03-18-2020, 02:03 PM
I think it is because people react to the real biological fear of death engaging in any means they perceive will protect them from it.

No. It's not that rational. It's much more emotional. It's called 'Fear of Loss.' Fear of losing your place, fear of losing out, fear of being alone (singlular), etc. It's the herd mentality. It's why Native Americans were able to stampede whole herds of buffalo off of cliffs.

I don't even understand why there is rationing when we hear the experts telling people our farmers make enough food and there is plenty of TP and PTs. That contradicts the need to ration if that's the case, and yet there are shortages. If there's plenty then why shortages, especially with stores placing limits on items.

Consider a funnel. Regardless of actual supply, there are only so many trucks, so many drivers, so many miles that can be covered in a day, It takes so long to drive the miles from origin to destination, so many workers to load the trucks . . . at the receiving end, there are only so many workers at the store that can be devoted to receiving the supplies, then restocking the stores; some employees must still operate the store's registers, administration, cleaning, etc.

FloridaMan88
03-18-2020, 02:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETRA20qWsAwqfrH?format=jpg&name=medium

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2020, 03:00 PM
Are you hoarding idiots done yet? JFC, people are stupid. We're a family of five and we've yet to even open a new package after a week. We've used zero bottles of water.

I get that you're stupid/selfish, but there has to be a point where you have enough, no?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-19-2020, 08:37 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Massive snow storm, 3"-5" We have been conditioned to over react

Spott
03-19-2020, 09:17 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Massive snow storm, 3"-5" We have been conditioned to over react

3-5” inches is a lot in some places, but definitely not CP.

Fish
03-19-2020, 11:15 AM
Motherfuckers have bought every single bag of dog food from Walmart. JFC.....

SuperBowl4
03-19-2020, 12:32 PM
Mother****ers have bought every single bag of dog food from Walmart. JFC.....That's what you get for shopping at Walmart.

Halfcan
03-19-2020, 02:23 PM
Are you hoarding idiots done yet? JFC, people are stupid. We're a family of five and we've yet to even open a new package after a week. We've used zero bottles of water.

I get that you're stupid/selfish, but there has to be a point where you have enough, no?

Not 1 roll of TP in the Dollar Generals (Independence) now. They said a truck is coming in on Saturday. People are supposed to be lined up for it. :doh!:

ScareCrowe
03-19-2020, 02:54 PM
That's just your opinion...a bullshit one. You're jealous and triggered.

Virtue signaler.

Prolly just jealous of anyone who was smarter and likely hate successful people too. See I can play the same games as you, Mr. Judgmental. No wonder you call yourself a scarecrowe. :jester:

Thing is people laughed back in 2012--now they're not.

Kinda like your bullshit opinion that taking more of a product than you need knowing it will cause others to not be able to get what they need isn't selfish. Which I'm still waiting to hear you answer. Funny thing is I didn't exactly chastise you for hording, I simply asked you to explain how it wasn't selfish. To which you responded by calling me a jealous, unsuccessful, dumb, judgemental virtue signaler, simply because I asked you to explain your point. Probably because you know it's a stupid opinion that you only made because you're trying to justify your own actions. Because if you admit they're selfish then you might have to accept the fact that you too are acting selfishly.

But hey whatever helps you sleep at night

BWillie
03-19-2020, 02:59 PM
I have three rolls left. I guess it's it's cleaning up with a sock from now on.

Halfcan
03-19-2020, 02:59 PM
Idiots did this over Y2K and ended up with pallets of creamed corn still rotting in their garage.

Turn off the TV and go outside. It is a beautiful day.

neech
03-19-2020, 03:11 PM

Feed them so they can poop.

Pitt Gorilla
03-19-2020, 03:57 PM
Sanitizing wipes in stock. PLENTY of beef and bread at Fareway. Thank God the people around here are less selfish/stupid than other places.

eDave
03-19-2020, 04:02 PM
I really need tissues and there is NONE. NONE. No Ovaltine either.

Megatron96
03-19-2020, 04:18 PM
I really need tissues and there is NONE. NONE. No Ovaltine either.

What kind of tissues. We have several boxes (4-5?) of regular Kleenex-type tissues. Probably could spare a box or two.

eDave
03-19-2020, 04:28 PM
What kind of tissues. We have several boxes (4-5?) of regular Kleenex-type tissues. Probably could spare a box or two.

Yep, that. Thanks man but I'm cool. Got TP.

Rain Man
03-19-2020, 05:38 PM
Our store gained ground in the last few days. Still no paper products, and meats and breads were light in inventory, but for the most part everything else was there.

CarlosCarson27
03-19-2020, 06:18 PM
Costco gas is cheap, and no lines at Costco gas station!

BigRedChief
03-19-2020, 06:23 PM
Costco gas is cheap, and no lines at Costco gas station!gas is cheap everywhere in the world because Saudi Arabia and Russia are having a dispute over gas prices. Saudi Arabia flooded the market with oil to screw over Russia by giving us and everybody else cheap gas.

Rain Man
03-19-2020, 06:28 PM
gas is cheap everywhere in the world because Saudi Arabia and Russia are having a dispute over gas prices. Saudi Arabia flooded the market with oil to screw over Russia by giving us and everybody else cheap gas.

And also to kill American oil drillers.

Chief Pagan
03-19-2020, 06:40 PM
So its true a lot of American frackers could be forced into bankruptcy but its not like you can keep them there.

The big majors buy them cheap and can quickly turn on the taps as soon as prices rebound.

Russia is in worse shape because most of its oil is the long term, high capitol, multi year to develop sort.