PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So our competition is the Ravens...and???

RunKC
03-17-2020, 01:54 PM
Texans tire fire went from growing to all out inferno, Brady and the Patriots are done and the Titans model isn’t sustainable.

Is this it?

Sure there’s a poor team that surprises nearly every year bc they’ve been shitty for so long and got lay up picks in the draft + a shit load of money to spend. That was the 49ers last year.

Is there a team like that this year in the AFC?

Gotta say it feels good being a lead by a God on top of Mount Olympus looking down at all the mortals below.

staylor26
03-17-2020, 01:54 PM
Bills and Browns if they get even average QB play should be in the mix.

TribalElder
03-17-2020, 01:58 PM
bills and colts (a bit)

I think texans are toast unless they magically land a few receivers

Mecca
03-17-2020, 01:59 PM
No one.......someone will emerge but all the competitors are getting worse, no one trusts Josh Allen, Cleveland is Cleveland and frankly Lamar Jackson will likely regress hard.

comochiefsfan
03-17-2020, 02:00 PM
Bills are not a serious threat with Allen.

Washed up Rivers is washed up and a career choker so Colts don’t scare me.

Browns are still very talented but can they get out of their own way?

I see Ravens as the only truly scary team. And that’s only IF Lamar can stay healthy for a full season again, which I highly doubt he will.

RunKC
03-17-2020, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah I think the Colts are probably that team. Rivers isn’t great but now he’s going from an awful OL to arguably the best in the league

staylor26
03-17-2020, 02:03 PM
I could honestly see the Dolphins being next years surprise team. They’ve made some really good moves and Fitzpatrick is good enough to win. I also think Flores is going to be a great coach.

KC_Lee
03-17-2020, 02:05 PM
The game clock, it's the only thing that can stop us from scoring 50 - 60 points a game.

scho63
03-17-2020, 02:07 PM
Bills and Browns if they get even average QB play should be in the mix.

Should the Bills take a chance with Cam Newton? :hmmm:

Does the guy really want to play football? :hmmm:

What's going on in that head of his? :hmmm:

The Ravens got BETTER so far in free agency.

Best22
03-17-2020, 02:08 PM
A new team can always emerge

Nobody had Baltimore going 14-2 last year. Nobody

And nobody had KC going 12-4 in 2018

tatorhog
03-17-2020, 02:09 PM
I still wouldn't rule out the Titans being a tough team. They have a good defense that can step up. That's enough to keep them towards the top of the division at least. Then, if they get to the playoffs and Henry has any tread left on his tires, he might get them a surprise win or two.

Of the different coaching styles out there, that hard nose approach that Vrabel brings seems to be one of the tougher ones for Andy.

Hoover
03-17-2020, 02:11 PM
Let me just say I'll be disappointed if we are not back in the Super Bowl.

I think our main competition will be the Ravens, Bills, and Browns. But look out for Pittsburg. Colts probably win that division.

Media is going to just love the Colts and Rivers. LOL

Ravens are going to have to deal with a really difficult division.

comochiefsfan
03-17-2020, 02:12 PM

Hate to say it, but I feel like the team that best fits that “surprise team” mold is the Donks.

Young QB and an underrated roster. Not a lot of offseason buzz.

Easy 6
03-17-2020, 02:13 PM
Our title defense is all but wrapped up with a pretty little bow

ForeverIowan
03-17-2020, 02:20 PM
The Raiders will surprise IMO. They were riddled with injuries last year and still almost made the playoffs. They are doing work in free agency and still loaded with draft picks.

BigRedChief
03-17-2020, 02:22 PM
As long as Mahomes is upright, we should be favorites to win every game.

notorious
03-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Pittsburgh.

Kiimo
03-17-2020, 02:24 PM
Only a Missouri fan would think that the Donks are a threat give me a break

Deberg_1990
03-17-2020, 02:24 PM
Titans

Frazod
03-17-2020, 02:26 PM
The Raiders will surprise IMO. They were riddled with injuries last year and still almost made the playoffs. They are doing work in free agency and still loaded with draft picks.

As I've said many times, the Raiders are in for a boatload of off field issues now that they've relocated to Sin City. A bunch of rich, young, alpha morons constantly exposed to that environment is a recipe for disaster. Not a matter of if, but when, and how bad it will be.

Not to mention the fact that they'll never have home field advantage again, since every "home" game they play will be in front of a crowd composed largely of tourist fans of other teams who will plan their visits around the NFL schedule.

It's a great move for the NFL. For the Fade, it will be a disaster.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-17-2020, 02:29 PM
Brown's ROFL

BWillie
03-17-2020, 02:30 PM
Nobody else really has a chance. Two team race for the #1 seed. The Texans had a nice trajectory...buuut not anymore. Titans just ensured that they are only good enough moving forward.

Rain Man
03-17-2020, 02:32 PM
I'm looking through the rosters and I only see one team with Patrick Mahomes II.

The tiers are:

Tier 1:

The Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes

Tier 2:

Nobody

Tier 3:

Nobody.

Tier 4:

Ravens
Patriots (because they cheat)
Texans

Tier 5:

Steelers
Bills
Dolphins
Colts
Titans
Chargers

Tier 6:

Jets
Browns
Raiders

Tier 7:

Jaguars
Bengals
Broncos

displacedinMN
03-17-2020, 02:36 PM
Don't count your chickens.

New World Order
03-17-2020, 02:37 PM
Steelers might be the third team.

Ben's elbow is probably hamburger but they have a good d to back him up.

LiveSteam
03-17-2020, 02:40 PM
The AFC teams to beat are KC and Baltimore.
Both are in a league by themselves.

ForeverIowan
03-17-2020, 02:41 PM
As I've said many times, the Raiders are in for a boatload of off field issues now that they've relocated to Sin City. A bunch of rich, young, alpha morons constantly exposed to that environment is a recipe for disaster. Not a matter of if, but when, and how bad it will be.

Not to mention the fact that they'll never have home field advantage again, since every "home" game they play will be in front of a crowd composed largely of tourist fans of other teams who will plan their visits around the NFL schedule.

Raiders O/U for total wins next year is 7.5. They hit 7 wins in 2019 with injuries up and down their roster and before spending all this cap space and draft picks. They will hit the over with ease!

BWillie
03-17-2020, 02:42 PM
Don't count your chickens.

The counting of chickens has already begun.

The only thing that can stop Patrick Mahomes is Bob Sutton and Alex Smiff.

OKchiefs
03-17-2020, 02:43 PM

I don't think it should have anything to do with being a Missouri fan. I am and I hate that fucker Lock now that he's with the Donks.

LiveSteam

That's a great take.on the Fade

wazu
The Titans are a fairly clear #3 in my view. They will rip through their division and be in decent position for playoffs.

rtmike
03-17-2020, 02:45 PM
I could honestly see the Dolphins being next years surprise team. They’ve made some really good moves and Fitzpatrick is good enough to win. I also think Flores is going to be a great coach.

This. Go Dolphins, lol!

Frazod
03-17-2020, 02:47 PM
Raiders O/U for total wins next year is 7.5. They hit 7 wins in 2019 with injuries up and down their roster and before spending all this cap space and draft picks. They will hit the over with ease!

You didn't read a fucking word I posted, did you?

When they've got seven or eight players suspended for gambling on games, getting in night club brawls and choking out hookers, what good will cap space do?

ThaVirus
03-17-2020, 02:51 PM
You didn't read a ****ing word I posted, did you?

When they've got seven or eight players suspended for gambling on games, getting in night club brawls and choking out hookers, what good will cap space do?

You think that'll be an issue?

It's not like it would be hard to find trouble in Oakland of all places and they were able to field a semi-competitive team there at times (OK, only like twice in the last 20 years but you catch my drift).

ForeverIowan
03-17-2020, 02:54 PM
You didn't read a ****ing word I posted, did you?

Yes, I managed to read the three sentences you wrote and disagree. Give me the over on the Raiders next year with EASE! It's not like they were playing in Green Bay Wisconsin previously. You ever been to Oakland, CA? If a moron player is gonna get in trouble he will get in trouble anywhere (See Kareem Hunt).

comochiefsfan
03-17-2020, 02:55 PM

I don’t think Lock is that good.

I’m just trying to project. Remember the whole point of it is a “team we don’t see coming”. I don’t think any of us expect Denver to be a threat on the surface. But I could see them contending if some things go right for them.

bowener
03-17-2020, 02:56 PM
Biggest competition is going to come from the players themselves. I don't have concerns with Mahomes staying focused and driven, but there are going to be some players that might not go as hard on the field or in the film room this season. If everybody gets on the same page like last year, then the Ravens are the next biggest hurdle.

FAX
03-17-2020, 02:58 PM
I feel bad picking the lame, little kid we're about to beat up for his mom's nude photograph so we can post it online. Nevertheless ...

I'd say the Colts. Except they just signed Rivers, so they are unqualified.
I'd say the Texans. Except they just sold their entire offense for a bag of Cheetos.
I'd say the Raiders. Except they're the Raiders.
I'd say the Titans. Except they just made one of the biggest QB mistakes in history.
I'd say the Bills. Except their QB is a major choker.

So I suppose I'd say the Chargers if they retain the services of the ex-Immigrant Blowjobber.

However, I don't think the ex-Immigrant Blowjobber can play an entire season behind that line. Even if they pull out every stop to try and improve that line. It's fools gold.

Keeping in mind that Spaggyboots will make improvements to the defense and Veachy will add well over 1540 Veachy Power Points to his total score in the draft, I don't see a threat.

Let's let the lame kid keep his mom's photo.

FAX

UChieffyBugger
03-17-2020, 03:01 PM

Lol at folks still falling for the same old "Fitzmagic" illusion smh :D

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-17-2020, 03:04 PM
Coronavirus could take out Colqitt

staylor26
03-17-2020, 03:09 PM
Lol at folks still falling for the same old "Fitzmagic" illusion smh :D

I didn’t say he’s good enough to win anything of significance, but he’s good enough for the Dolphins to make a big turnaround after a huge offseason.

saphojunkie
03-17-2020, 03:17 PM
NFL should have kept the Raiders where they were and just opened a stadium in Las Vegas. Moving to a 17 game schedule, they could have had one game every week in Las Vegas. Literally every team plays one neutral game at that stadium. 16 total games.

NFL could have bought so much of that city, made it a permanent home of the draft and super bowl, and then casually taken over the entire state of Nevada with gambling.

Instead... you have Marcus Mariota and Derek Carr in the mehlympics.

RealSNR
03-17-2020, 03:22 PM
I'm not saying they're legit going to contend, but in a conference full of the Chiefs, Ravens, and nobody else, the Chargers will probably be back in the playoffs.

Rivers did a ton to hold that team back last year. If their defense stays healthy for once and they find the right game manager, they'll rattle their sabers, and everybody will suck their dicks yet again.

All before they experience a spectacular collapse in the playoffs.

Pitt Gorilla
03-17-2020, 03:25 PM
I think the Raiders surprise, but are still a year (and a QB?) away.

ChiefBlueCFC
03-17-2020, 03:32 PM
It does seem, that as of now, the majority of the parity is in the NFC and it is the Ravens and Chiefs conference to fight over. There will be a surprise team, as there always is. And it wouldn't be overly surprising if the Browns figured out how to get their shit together, the talent is on the roster - but they're the Browns lol

Colts will probably be pretty decent this year and we will see everyone pick the Chargers to finally get it done before the start of the season (A tradition unlike any other.)

Denver could end up being in the wild card hunt if Lock continues to improve but idk about the rest of their roster.

Miami may not be absolutely terrible but I imagine Bill Belichek will figure out a way to still control that division if he has a decent QB.

The Steelers may be good, may be complete shit, no one really knows.

The Bengals might get lucky with Burrow and not be an utter disgrace.

RealSNR
03-17-2020, 03:40 PM
The Jets/Dolphins might figure their shit out

The Raiders/Broncos will probably contend for a wild card spot

Steelers will be back without Duck Dodgers or whoever the fuck that guy is

The Texans... HAHAHAHA sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face. Nah, the Texans are screwed 6 ways to Sunday

KChiefs1
03-17-2020, 03:54 PM
If the Chargers land Brady they could be a challenge.

Megatron96
03-17-2020, 03:55 PM
Depending on what exactly happens with big Ben, the Steelers might make a run at it in 2020. They still have all of their weapons, and that defense finish the season as one of the better defenses in the AFC. They’re only real ? Is quarterback.

If big Ben doesn’t come back, or can’t get back into something close to prime performance, then it’s probably the Titans. They seem to have the most complete team of the other AFC front runners.

Frazod
03-17-2020, 03:55 PM
You think that'll be an issue?

It's not like it would be hard to find trouble in Oakland of all places and they were able to field a semi-competitive team there at times (OK, only like twice in the last 20 years but you catch my drift).

One of my best friends was the head of security at Nellis AFB. Said it was the worst place he was ever stationed in the U.S. Most of the kids who worked for him, and keep in mind these were Air Force cops, not just regular airmen, quickly developed problems. He had far more personnel issues there than anywhere else he'd ever been, including Iraq. Morale was awful. They got sucked into the lifestyle and had nothing but problems. And these were disciplined enlisted guys with next to no money; not young, instant millionaire professional athletes.

Every city has places a kid can go and find trouble. Vegas is a whole different level of trouble.

I know there are people who just don't see this as an issue. To them, I simply say wait and see. Living there's a lot different that just going in for a weekend.

smithandrew051
03-17-2020, 03:59 PM
THEY ALL FUCKING SUCK!!!!!

Dante84
03-17-2020, 04:05 PM
All i know is, we want Trevor Lawrence to go to the NFC after this season.

Frazod
03-17-2020, 04:16 PM
NFL should have kept the Raiders where they were and just opened a stadium in Las Vegas. Moving to a 17 game schedule, they could have had one game every week in Las Vegas. Literally every team plays one neutral game at that stadium. 16 total games.

NFL could have bought so much of that city, made it a permanent home of the draft and super bowl, and then casually taken over the entire state of Nevada with gambling.

I don't agree with you often, but this would have been a brilliant alternative.

carcosa
03-17-2020, 04:22 PM
CHIEFS 19-0 GUARANTEED

RunKC
03-17-2020, 04:25 PM
Broncos will be better but not a serious threat. They are the Vikings of the AFC IMO

Rams Fan
03-17-2020, 04:56 PM
Colts, Dolphins, Titans.

staylor26
03-17-2020, 04:58 PM
Broncos will be better but not a serious threat. They are the Vikings of the AFC IMO

What the fuck makes you think they’re going to all of a sudden be a consistent playoff contender like the Vikings? You continue to overrate the hell out of them. They haven’t even gotten much better.

RunKC
03-17-2020, 05:04 PM
What the **** makes you think they’re going to all of a sudden be a consistent playoff contender like the Vikings? You continue to overrate the hell out of them. They haven’t even gotten much better.

Their coaching staff is much better, they’ve got a nice young core and Lock is decent.

Oh and there’s 7 teams in the playoffs now.

Coochie liquor
03-17-2020, 06:13 PM

Vikings are way better than Dungver. Lock is already on his second OC, and chances are when they suck again this season the coaching staff gets blown up again. Then if the decide to keep Lock it’s gonna be his 3rd OC in 3 seasons. Their O line sucks. They do have some decent weapons, but their defense is aging and they’re still relying on Failway to draft. They scored 9 points against us last season, and we literally broke Von Miller after running it up to 9 straight. Maybe if a lot of things happen for them and they squeak out a few extra wins and end up above .500 but a far cry from what the Vikings have done the last few years.

PHOG
03-17-2020, 06:19 PM
Hate to say it, but I feel like the team that best fits that “surprise team” mold is the Donks.

Young QB and an underrated roster. Not a lot of offseason buzz.

LMAO Seriously?

NWTF
03-17-2020, 06:21 PM

Thats how I see it. Someone will emerge that is under the radar, thats how it always works.

threebag
03-17-2020, 06:21 PM

I also think Miami has an opportunity to surprise

eDave
03-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Our title defense is all but wrapped up with a pretty little bow

Seriously. Is there any, real, competition at this point? KC is not good for the league.

The only team capable of beating the Chiefs is the Chiefs. And that will most likely fall on coaching, which is OK.

Megatron96
03-17-2020, 06:57 PM
Seriously. Is there any, real, competition at this point? KC is not good for the league.

The only team capable of beating the Chiefs is the Chiefs. And that will most likely fall on coaching, which is OK.

In the AFC? No, not really. Both josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have a ways to go before they can compete with Mahomes. The Texans cut their own throats in the last two days, so they're out.

Big Ben and the Steelers are probably the only legit team in the AFC now, and who knows if Ben will even play this season. Or if he'll return to his prime form. But at the least the Steelers have the offense and defense to be competitive, IF Ben returns to his former glory.

So in the AFC probably there's no real contestants.

The only real contenders are in the NFC, IMO.

MAYBE the Eagles can compete, IF Wentz stays healthy, and most of his team with him. They were hamstrung with injuries last season on both sides of the ball.

The Packers only because of Aaron Rodgers. He can still sling it and do ridiculous things, but his defense has gaping holes in it, and he doesn't have enough weapons. Yet.

And the 49ers. They're the most complete team in the NFC still, and could easily repeat as NFC champs. And they came within 7 minutes of winning the SB.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-17-2020, 06:58 PM
Lamar and Mahomes about to run the AFC for next 15 years

MahomesMagic
03-17-2020, 07:04 PM
This. Their D is loaded and they get Roethlisberger back.

Colts, Titans, Jets, Browns, Bills all in tier after that fighting for remaining spots.

TrebMaxx
03-17-2020, 07:08 PM
Baltimore, Tennessee, Buffalo and the Chief's salary cap.

BWillie
03-17-2020, 07:09 PM

Bob Sutton and Alex Smith are the only people capable of making the Chiefs lose.

Red Dawg
03-17-2020, 07:14 PM
Ravens, Bills and Tenn. Thats it.

PHOG
03-17-2020, 07:15 PM

If the Chiefs would have had the injuries they had, later in the season, it would have been a completely different scenario, one I don't think we could overcome.

No matter how good a team is, they still have to have some luck. The injury bug can and has derailed some great seasons.

eDave
03-17-2020, 07:16 PM

LMAO Lamar has 7 years in him. Barring injury.

Chris Meck
03-17-2020, 07:39 PM

I will literally eat my fucking underwear if Lamar Jackson is a starting QB for 15 years.

eDave
03-17-2020, 07:40 PM
I will literally eat my fucking underwear if Lamar Jackson is a starting QB for 15 years.

Witnessed.

Red Dawg
03-17-2020, 07:44 PM
Colts, Dolphins, Titans.

Colt now have int machine Rivers. Miami has no QB
Nope.

Megatron96
03-17-2020, 07:46 PM
I will literally eat my ****ing underwear if Lamar Jackson is a starting QB for 15 years.

FYI: I think they still make edible underwear. Just in case . . .

Chris Meck
03-17-2020, 09:43 PM
Ravens. Steelers if Ben returns to form. Bills maybe. Browns should be better. Tennessee. Colts.

mr. tegu
03-17-2020, 09:52 PM
The Ravens are not legitimate competition. There really isn’t one in the AFC.

RealSNR
03-17-2020, 09:55 PM

Hey man. RGIII outlasted Andrew Luck. And he started in Week 17 last year.

Chiefshrink
03-17-2020, 10:49 PM
I see Ravens as the only truly scary team. And that’s only IF Lamar can stay healthy for a full season again, which I highly doubt he will.

And we are in their heads especially Lamar's.;)

Frazod
03-17-2020, 11:41 PM
The Ravens are not legitimate competition. There really isn’t one in the AFC.

Nope. The key to the Ratbirds is simple - get a lead, and then watch their glorified running back masquerading as a quarterback piss down his leg.

TribalElder
03-18-2020, 12:08 AM
All i know is, we want Trevor Lawrence to go to the NFC after this season.

Patriots are setting up for a run at him next year

Blame brady leaving for the down season

Mahomes_Is_God
03-18-2020, 01:05 AM

Imagine being fearful of some college douche bag when your quarter back is Pat Mahomes. What the fuck?

rtmike
03-18-2020, 01:39 AM
I also think Miami has an opportunity to surprise

They seem to be going all in?

A lot depends on who the qb ends up being.

TimeForWasp
03-18-2020, 04:23 AM

Great idea. Too late now but kind of genious.

Rasputin
03-18-2020, 05:08 AM

Nah they would have been better off keeping Brady if they wanted to tank and then blame Brady for sucking and BB still gets the credit for their dynasty because he can do better with another quarterback the next year.

Rasputin
03-18-2020, 05:12 AM
Ravens. Steelers if Ben returns to form. Bills maybe. Browns should be better. Tennessee. Colts.

Ben isn't going to want to take as many hits and he won't be able to shed tacklers that's what made him so good so he is going to be in agony playing and regert coming back another year.

Couch-Potato
03-18-2020, 05:49 AM
and the Buccs?

Chris Meck
03-18-2020, 07:58 AM
Hey man. RGIII outlasted Andrew Luck. And he started in Week 17 last year.

but not a 'starting QB' for even ten years.

LJ won't even make that.

jjchieffan
03-18-2020, 09:04 AM
I love how you start out the thread saying that our only competition is the Ravens, then go on to say the the Titans model isn't sustainable. Like the Ravens model is.blol

DrRyan
03-18-2020, 09:45 AM
The Ravens are going to be a problem in the AFC for as long as Jackson is upright. At minimum during the regular season. I was just looking around on a mock draft site. I didn't realize they have 5 of the first 106 picks and 7 in the first 134. They have always drafted well and have less holes on the roster than KC does.

I will take the side with the better QB for sure, but they are going to be a tough out in the AFC.

Deberg_1990
03-18-2020, 05:33 PM
So Buccaneers vs Chiefs Super Bowl?

Heard they want to add Todd Gurley.