PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you be pissed if the Chiefs

staylor26
03-20-2020, 06:13 PM
....took D’Andre Swift in the 1st round?

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Yes.

stumppy
Nope

MahomesKnows
I don't expect a RB in the first or even second round. However, I trust Veach and Reid on this.

tredadda
03-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Nope. I trust Veach. He has earned that after the solid roster he has built.

KurtCobain
03-20-2020, 06:21 PM
I'd be okay with whatever.

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2020, 06:21 PM
Nope...and with the way this free agency has gone, several veteran RB's have moved teams and there's a decent chance Swift might be there for us in the first round. I also think we may have a shot at Dobbins with our second round pick too.

staylor26
03-20-2020, 06:25 PM
Yes.

Just playing devils advocate here, I want to make an argument for Swift at 32.

1. He will have such an impact in the passing game, that he’s worth it. He would absolutely destroy teams if they continue to focus on stoping Kelce and Hill.

2. Positional value aside, if he’s sitting there at 32, that’s a top 15 talent. When you’re drafting late, that’s how you hit home runs. If you take a corner, you might be getting a solid to really good player but likely not as much upside at their position. Swift could be a top 3 back.

3. If there’s ever a time to do it, it’s now. Guys like Barkley and McCaffrey are getting wasted on bad teams. You’d potentially have an elite back on an elite team on a rookie deal. Belichick did it like this, so it can’t be the worst idea (and Swift is 10x better than Michel).

Again, I agree with you here on not going RB in the 1st. Just playing devils advocate.

The Franchise
03-20-2020, 06:26 PM
I won’t be ecstatic but I’ve been wrong before....so what the fuck do I know?

Bump
03-20-2020, 06:29 PM
last I checked Veach was a guy who had some pull in drafting Mahomes and was our GM when we won the Superbowl.

staylor26
03-20-2020, 06:30 PM
I won’t be ecstatic but I’ve been wrong before....so what the fuck do I know?

My guess?

You’d be pissed, then watch some highlights and get a 4 hour erection.

staylor26
03-20-2020, 06:31 PM
last I checked Veach was a guy who had some pull in drafting Mahomes and was our GM when we won the Superbowl.

The “fire Veach” option is a joke. I’m hoping nobody is that stupid. Just means you would be pissed.

RunKC
03-20-2020, 06:34 PM
Wouldn’t be pissed at all. It’d be a bit annoying at first, but after the shit that Veach just pulled last year? Yeah you can’t criticize that man right now.

DaneMcCloud
03-20-2020, 06:37 PM
I would not be "mad" but I think the Chiefs would be better off trading back a few spots, picking up a 3rd in the process and grabbing him then.

Without any Comp Picks and only 5 total picks in the draft, I think Veach needs to work the #32 pick for additional picks.

Halfcan
03-20-2020, 06:38 PM
A great running game would take a lot of pressure off Mahomes and make this a more balanced offense.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2020, 06:39 PM
1) I think Swift is slightly overrated. I don’t think he’s going to be an elite back.

2) I also believe that if the Chiefs can grab even just a solid to good CB, ILB, or IOL at 32, that holds way more value to them than getting a very good RB.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-20-2020, 06:42 PM
Veach will be here for the next 20-30 years. No way he’s getting fired

staylor26
03-20-2020, 06:44 PM
I would not be "mad" but I think the Chiefs would be better off trading back a few spots, picking up a 3rd in the process and grabbing him then.

Without any Comp Picks and only 5 total picks in the draft, I think Veach needs to work the #32 pick for additional picks.

Agreed on trying tot trade down. The only problem with that is the 49ers and Seahawks will likely being doing the same.

staylor26
03-20-2020, 06:48 PM
1) I think Swift is slightly overrated. I don’t think he’s going to be an elite back.

2) I also believe that if the Chiefs can grab even just a solid to good CB, ILB, or IOL at 32, that holds way more value to them than getting a very good RB.

1. I completely disagree that he’s overrated. His ability to cut on a dime is special. He has ridiculous change of direction and is just a nightmare in the open field because of it. That’s why I think he can be elite.

2. The only problem is that’s their ceiling. They’re also more likely to bust.

It all depends on who’s available as well. The reason I posted this is because Lance Zierlien has us going Swift in his new mock. In his mock, Fulton was still on the board. No way I’m passing on Fulton regardless of Switch being available or not.

I can’t imagine many scenarios where there wouldn’t be a CB, LB, or G at 32 that I’d rather take, but I would still be happy if they took Swift because I think he’d just be phenomenal in this offense.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-20-2020, 06:54 PM
Yes pissed. We have Mahomes and shouldn't draft an RB with our first pick... Give me a fatty or a LB.

Halfcan
03-20-2020, 07:06 PM
I think Dobbins looks better imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI4GaTXMldE

Chieftain
03-20-2020, 07:10 PM
I'm really starting to like Cam Akers game. He would be a better fit in our system. Similar in style to D-Will. I would use a 2nd to get him as I fear he may not be available at the bottom of the 3rd.

Rain Man
03-20-2020, 07:12 PM
I'd be fine with it. I'm wondering if Jonathan Taylor might be a better fit in the second round, but I'd be fine with Swift.

staylor26
03-20-2020, 07:14 PM
I'm really starting to like Cam Akers game. He would be a better fit in our system. Similar in style to D-Will. I would use a 2nd to get him as I fear he may not be available at the bottom of the 3rd.

I’d definitely prefer to get Akers in the 2nd or Moss in the 3rd.

Honestly, ideally we go CB, LB, IOL and then RB/WR in the 4th/5th. But if the board doesn’t fall the way you want (meaning worst case scenario) and Akers is BPA sitting their at 63, you take him.

staylor26
03-20-2020, 07:15 PM
We finally have 1 Fire Veach and since I fucked up we can’t see who it is.

smithandrew051
03-20-2020, 07:18 PM
Where is the option to complain about the pick, but later claim I loved it all along if he’s good?

DaFace
03-20-2020, 07:24 PM
We just won the Super Bowl. There's next to nothing the Chiefs could do that would piss me off aside from trading Mahomes.

RealSNR
03-20-2020, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't be pissed if we took him at 32. I would, however, be slightly peeved if he traded up in the 1st to take him.

No GM is infallible. Not even the league's best. Veach has fucked up in the past once or twice and he will occasionally make a bad choice or two in the future. It's fine to disagree with those moves as long as you get a sense of the big picture and you're not a giant choad about it, realizing that he usually accompanies those bad moves with a couple of home runs.

RunKC
03-20-2020, 07:26 PM
I’d definitely prefer to get Akers in the 2nd or Moss in the 3rd.

Honestly, ideally we go CB, LB, IOL and then RB/WR in the 4th/5th. But if the board doesn’t fall the way you want (meaning worst case scenario) and Akers is BPA sitting their at 63, you take him.

IMO our biggest need is a coverage backer who can cover TE’s since there are quality corners left in FA.

I think they could surprise and take a pass rusher due to Tanoh being in his last year of his rookie contract and Okafor being priced out in 2021.

staylor26
03-20-2020, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't be pissed if we took him at 32. I would, however, be slightly peeved if he traded up in the 1st to take him.

No GM is infallible. Not even the league's best. Veach has fucked up in the past once or twice and he will occasionally make a bad choice or two in the future. It's fine to disagree with those moves as long as you get a sense of the big picture and you're not a giant choad about it, realizing that he usually accompanies those bad moves with a couple of home runs.

“Luckily” with our lack of picks, I don’t think we see Veach trade up in the 1st this year.

If we do, it’ll be for a LB like Queen or Murray, but I still don’t see it happening.

I kind of wish we had the picks to do it though, because it would feel really fucking good to jump in from of the Ravens and get whichever one is left. The fact that the Ravens will probably get one is really going to sting.

Urc Burry
03-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Mixed feelings. I’d be excited, because he would be fucking awesome in our offense. But nowadays I wouldn’t even plan on him having a second contract with us. 5 years of a RB in their prime isn’t TERRIBLE... but I would rather go defense, or even receiver if we do cut ties with Sammy.

ForeverIowan
03-20-2020, 07:48 PM
I'd love to see us draft another weapon in the first round. If by chance we dont restructure Watkins grab a WR. If we restructure Sammy I'd be all for drafting a back at 32. Mahomes and the Chiefs are becoming the face of the NFL much in large part to our explosive offense. We've built that identity. Keep Mahomes surrounded with playmakers.

*Are we sure Swift is the clear cut best back? I think Jonathan Taylor could be an absolute superstar in this league. The guy is similar size and speed as Saquon Barkley.

Chief Roundup
03-20-2020, 08:06 PM
Why is there NEVER a reasonable option on polls?

I wouldn't be pissed but I would be very disappointed with the moves we have made tp this point.

crispystl
03-20-2020, 08:07 PM
I have no issue with RB in round 1. I feel like our offense would be so dynamic, our defense would only have to slow people down a bit for us to win handily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief Roundup
03-20-2020, 08:20 PM
IMO our biggest need is a coverage backer who can cover TE’s since there are quality corners left in FA.

I think they could surprise and take a pass rusher due to Tanoh being in his last year of his rookie contract and Okafor being priced out in 2021.

We have 0 money for FA acquisitions.

Chris Meck
03-20-2020, 08:43 PM
A great running game would take a lot of pressure off Mahomes and make this a more balanced offense.

the problems with the running game are offensive line oriented. Particularly the interior line.

That being said, we just won the fucking Super Bowl.

It'll be awhile before I second guess Veach again.

mszymko
03-20-2020, 08:47 PM
No

493rd
03-20-2020, 08:52 PM
Swift would be tits.

RustShack
03-20-2020, 08:52 PM
Mahomes would look even better with an elite RB. Remember when he had Hunt? We lost Hunt and teams were able to focus on defending the pass more.

I’d love to land a LB or CB there, but I wouldn’t complain about an even better offense.

Deberg_1990
03-20-2020, 08:54 PM
Ill trust what Reid and Veach do...until they give me a reason not to.

Rain Man
03-20-2020, 10:16 PM
What interior linemen do we think are worth Pick #32 (and will be there when we draft)?

BryanBusby
03-20-2020, 10:18 PM
When you're drafting that low, it probably makes sense to go for BPA.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-20-2020, 11:21 PM
What interior linemen do we think are worth Pick #32 (and will be there when we draft)?

Ruiz

TimeForWasp
03-21-2020, 03:25 AM
Could he live up to his name?

Is he fast? quick? or swift? He does alot of juking which may or may not get snuffed out at the next level.

Monticore
03-21-2020, 07:06 AM
CB or LB first and second , RB in 3rd then IOL. I am starting to like the idea of trading down if we can having enough capital to draft another WR would be nice.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-21-2020, 07:11 AM
In all likelihood he'll be the best player available at 32. Great hands, feet, sub 4.5, slippery, Georgia product; I'd love it!

Wallcrawler
03-21-2020, 10:06 AM
Screwing up the Mahomes extension is the only way i would be pissed at anything KC does this offseason.

Dude is in a tight spot with the cap. As long as we have Mahomes, everything else we are able to work with.

staylor26
03-21-2020, 10:43 AM

Cesar Ruiz or wait till rounds 2-4.

carcosa
03-21-2020, 10:53 AM
I will never be pissed again!!!!

PHOG
03-21-2020, 10:57 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871630-lsus-clyde-edwards-helaire-declares-for-2020-nfl-draft-after-national-title-win

Possible alternative, although I will defer to BV, he good!

JohnnyHammersticks
03-21-2020, 01:12 PM
If Veach thought so highly of Swift that he would take him with the 32nd pick when guys like Akers, Moss, and possibly even Edwards-Helaire might be there for him in round 2 - then I'd have no problem with it. I've learned my lesson doubting the guy.

Side note: WRs might be getting pushed back a bit in the 1st round. Some mocks had the Cardinals taking a WR in the 1st, and most had the Saints picking one in the first. Now that Cards have Hopkins and the Saints got Sanders guys like Higgins, Shenault, and maybe even Jefferson could be there when we pick.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:48 PM
Bump!

Just change the question from Swift to CEH :)

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:51 PM
Just playing devils advocate here, I want to make an argument for Swift at 32.

1. He will have such an impact in the passing game, that he’s worth it. He would absolutely destroy teams if they continue to focus on stoping Kelce and Hill.

2. Positional value aside, if he’s sitting there at 32, that’s a top 15 talent. When you’re drafting late, that’s how you hit home runs. If you take a corner, you might be getting a solid to really good player but likely not as much upside at their position. Swift could be a top 3 back.

3. If there’s ever a time to do it, it’s now. Guys like Barkley and McCaffrey are getting wasted on bad teams. You’d potentially have an elite back on an elite team on a rookie deal. Belichick did it like this, so it can’t be the worst idea (and Swift is 10x better than Michel).

Again, I agree with you here on not going RB in the 1st. Just playing devils advocate.

You can pretty much make this same exact argument for CEH.

RB in the 1st certainly wasn’t my preference, but if you can’t see the logic behind it, you’re being stubborn or you’re an idiot.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 03:14 PM
if you are thinking RB in round one then you want a guy who can put Mahomes in third and 3ish a guy who can bang and break a few, enter.....Jonathan Taylor. A guy who can protect a lead, a guy used to thump. A chain mover.

You don't spend a first round pick on a RB to catch passes.

Skyy God
04-24-2020, 03:18 PM
if you are thinking RB in round one then you want a guy who can put Mahomes in third and 3ish a guy who can bang and break a few, enter.....Jonathan Taylor. A guy who can protect a lead, a guy used to thump. A chain mover.

Ok boomer.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Ok boomer.

Chiefs are leading, 24 13 in the middle of the third, you are passing to a RB, or looking to run clock?

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 03:23 PM
Chiefs are leading, 24 13 in the middle of the third, you are passing to a RB, or looking to run clock?
I'm looking to fuck you in the ear.

Sassy Squatch
04-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Jesus Christ are we really going to have to deal with this assclown spamming "JoNaThAn TaYlOr!!!#$@!!" for the rest of the offseason?

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 03:27 PM
I'm looking to **** you in the ear.

Pay attention ya stupid fuck

FIRST ROUND PICK....so ya can throw passes to a running back?

Dude, THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My God I;m surrounded by know nothings, wow!

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 03:30 PM
Pay attention ya stupid fuck

FIRST ROUND PICK....so ya can throw passes to a running back?

Dude, THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My God I;m surrounded by know nothings, wow!

By that logic Reid and Veach are “know nothings” LMAO

redshirt32
04-24-2020, 03:34 PM

you run or pass it to the ankle bustin non fumbling RB you selected 1st rd
FH

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 03:36 PM
By that logic Reid and Veach are “know nothings” LMAO

Who spends their first round pick on a RB to begin with. And you pass up a workhorse who can keep Mahomes in third and short and protect a lead, No you don't.

Do you really need a MILE LONG list on bad draft picks? Not that CEH is a bad pick.

tatorhog
04-24-2020, 03:42 PM
This is the same kind of back Andy always had in Philly. The only difference is, he has a generational QB now, and more receiving threats than he ever did before. Now they add a RB that appears to be just what he wants. Looks pretty good to me.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 03:43 PM
Who spends their first round pick on a RB to begin with. And you pass up a workhorse who can keep Mahomes in third and short and protect a lead, No you don't.

Do you really need a MILE LONG list on bad draft picks? Not that CEH is a bad pick.

It took me a while to come around to the idea of a back at #1

But this offense just went from...

“You can’t stop it, you can only hope to contain it”

To...

“You can’t stop it, or even hope to contain it”

But if you know better than Veach and co, I’d say get that resume in order and start sending it around the league...

Shields68
04-24-2020, 03:46 PM

RB is probably the 4th option but I am continuing to spread them out and make them defend the entire field.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 03:50 PM
It took me a while to come around to the idea of a back at #1

But this offense just went from...

“You can’t stop it, you can only hope to contain it”

To...

“You can’t stop it, or even hope to contain it”

But if you know better than Veach and co, I’d say get that resume in order and start sending it around the league...

Well, in reality I watch three football games on a Sunday, they are into their game. i am older than both and have seen far more football games talking HS/NCAA/AFL/NFL/CFL Can talk Chiefs neither one has ever heard of.

Thing is a FIRST ROUND pick RB has to be a guy you can feature as your number one man. It's not......we can toss some passes to him. You need a guy who keeps the offense in third and short, who moves the chains protecting a lead. You take a......well we can throw him some passes in the later rounds.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 03:53 PM
Well, in reality I watch three football games on a Sunday, they are into their game. i am older than both and have seen far more football games talking HS/NCAA/AFL/NFL/CFL Can talk Chiefs neither one has ever heard of.

Thing is a FIRST ROUND pick RB has to be a guy you can feature as your number one man. It's not......we can toss some passes to him. You need a guy who keeps the offense in third and short, who moves the chains protecting a lead. You take a......well we can throw him some passes in the later rounds.

Ok I tried talking sense with you, but we’re done here

“I watch more ball than those guys!”

Holy shit LMAO

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 03:57 PM

Holy shit LMAO

Cool, if you don't get....ton of experience here, enought to know you only spend a NUMBER ONE PICK on a RB you plan to feature as your stud. You were wasting my time anyway,

carcosa
04-24-2020, 04:32 PM

Wrong

carcosa
04-24-2020, 04:33 PM

Holy shit LMAO

Ubeja knows zero facts!

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 04:35 PM
Ubeja knows zero facts!

And that’s why YOU are the undisputed Trivia King

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 04:39 PM
Ubeja knows zero facts!

Dude, talk us about us about LSU RB's in the NFL, come on.

We will now see....0.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 04:40 PM
And that’s why YOU are the undisputed Trivia King

Dude, why play along?

Lzen
04-24-2020, 04:41 PM
Cool, if you don't get....ton of experience here, enought to know you only spend a NUMBER ONE PICK on a RB you plan to feature as your stud. You were wasting my time anyway,

So you're saying you have more experience than Veach and Reid? They obviously felt this was the best RB in the draft to fit their system. I don't know much about college football players but I do know that I trust our SB winners HC and GM way more than some bulletin board wanna be GM.

Sassy Squatch
04-24-2020, 04:46 PM
That might be the most embarrassing display of buffoonery I've ever seen on this forum. To unironically say "yes, I have watched more football and know more about it that Reid and Veach" is just absolute dumbassery at it's worst.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 04:48 PM
So you're saying you have more experience than Veach and Reid? They obviously felt this was the best RB in the draft to fit their system. I don't know much about college football players but I do know that I trust our SB winners HC and GM way more than some bulletin board wanna be GM.

Got into football around 1960, have seen two to four games a week for around 60 years, that's a lot of football, so yep...more experience.

They wanted a pass catching RB, ok. I just don't spend a first round pick unless I get the best RB in the draft.

Lzen
04-24-2020, 08:32 PM
Got into football around 1960, have seen two to four games a week for around 60 years, that's a lot of football, so yep...more experience.

They wanted a pass catching RB, ok. I just don't spend a first round pick unless I get the best RB in the draft.
🤣
I'll take college and pro football experience over armchair QB experience.

That's like saying "hey, I know more than you because it works for me in Madden football"

ForeverIowan
04-24-2020, 08:45 PM

This is where you are dead ****ing wrong. This Chiefs offense is being designed to face as few third downs as possible. Mismatches in space at every single fricken position. The days of three yards and a cloud of dust are over.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 09:08 PM
🤣
I'll take college and pro football experience over armchair QB experience.

That's like saying "hey, I know more than you because it works for me in Madden football"

Who did Bill Belichick play for?

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 09:14 PM
This is where you are dead ****ing wrong. This Chiefs offense is being designed to face as few third downs as possible. Mismatches in space at every single fricken position. The days of three yards and a cloud of dust are over.

No I'm not, if you take a RB in the FIRST ROUND you need a cat who can beat a D down, put Mahomes in third and short and protect a lead by moving the chains eating up clock.

Taylor is a two time Doak Walker winner, a guy who is 220 pounds, runs a 4.3 and has power inside and speed outiside, hell, just watch what he does for the Colts. You can get a.....toss him some passes....in the later rounds.

Let's watch what happens, my prediction is it will be......that damn Ubeja was right.

ForeverIowan
04-24-2020, 09:23 PM
No I'm not, if you take a RB in the FIRST ROUND you need a cat who can beat a D down, put Mahomes in third and short and protect a lead by moving the chains eating up clock.

Taylor is a two time Doak Walker winner, a guy who is 220 pounds, runs a 4.3 and has power inside and speed outiside, hell, just watch what he does for the Colts. You can get a.....toss him some passes....in the later rounds.

Let's watch what happens, my prediction is it will be......that damn Ubeja was right.

More than one way to beat a D down there slugger. Times they are a changin! Taylor was a great college player. CEH is literally taylor made for this offense. At no point during Patrick Mahomes' prime are we going to resemble anything even close to a ground and pound team. The sooner you realize this the better. You are trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 09:34 PM
More than one way to beat a D down there slugger. Times they are a changin! Taylor was a great college player. CEH is literally taylor made for this offense. At no point during Patrick Mahomes' prime are we going to resemble anything even close to a ground and pound team. The sooner you realize this the better.

So you spent a FIRST ROUND pick on a RB pass catcher, come on man.

ForeverIowan
04-24-2020, 10:22 PM
So you spent a FIRST ROUND pick on a RB pass catcher, come on man.

Nah we spent a first round pick on a running back who can squat over 600 pounds and has arguably the best lateral quickness the league has seen since Barry Sanders. A back who is second to none when it comes to ball security at 438 career touches and only 1 fumble (Taylor had 18 career fumbles). A back who can run the route tree like a wide receiver. An all around back who is the perfect fit for our offense.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 10:29 PM

NO. What you do is, and I get it, I do:

You look at stat lines. You look at 40 times. And then you extrapolate that player A is better than player B without a doubt, non-negotiable because of that.

What you DON'T do is consider all the other variables, and this is why everyone gets irritated with you. Walter Payton was not the biggest or fastest. Hell, neither was Barry Sanders. Or Emmitt Smith. Or Marshall Faulk.

And the level of competition is not often the same at the NCAA level.

Who cares if Jonathon Taylor ran for 300 yards against Eastern Uganda State? What does that have to do with Edwards Helaire DOMINATING against Alabama?

Nothing. But you don't understand that, because you look at a stat sheet and think you understand the game.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 10:41 PM
NO. What you do is, and I get it, I do:

You look at stat lines. You look at 40 times. And then you extrapolate that player A is better than player B without a doubt, non-negotiable because of that.

What you DON'T do is consider all the other variables, and this is why everyone gets irritated with you. Walter Payton was not the biggest or fastest. Hell, neither was Barry Sanders. Or Emmitt Smith. Or Marshall Faulk.

And the level of competition is not often the same at the NCAA level.

Who cares if Jonathon Taylor ran for 300 yards against Eastern Uganda State? What does that have to do with Edwards Helaire DOMINATING against Alabama?

Nothing. But you don't understand that, because you look at a stat sheet and think you understand the game.

Work with me here.

There are many factors that come into play when trying to decide who you want on your football team. If it's going to be a RB and you will spend a FIRST ROUND pick how can you pass on a two time Doak Walker winner, a guy who ran the fastest 40 of any RB, a guy who has gained.............4000 yards.....4000 yards....in his last two seasons. What, you can't use the best NCAA RB on your team?

The trick to moving an offense is staying out of third and long,, enter...stud RB, he gains 4, he gans 4....third and two, now there won't be a pass rush because ya might run again. When you have the lead later in the game you aren't looking to toss the ball around it's...RUN THE BALL....enter 220 pounds 4.3.

How about we wait and see what happens, watch what happens, there is a reason Taylor won the last two Doak Walker awards, he is the best RB in this draft. All this.....but ya see it's the scheme, **** the scheme, it's all about winning football games, so ya get the very best players ya can.

Dude, nobody here understands the game any better than I do, trust me. Where were you in 1960, I was watching the Dallas Texans and number 28 the great Abner Haynes.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 11:11 PM
Work with me here.

There are many factors that come into play when trying to decide who you want on your football team. If it's going to be a RB and you will spend a FIRST ROUND pick how can you pass on a two time Doak Walker winner, a guy who ran the fastest 40 of any RB, a guy who has gained.............4000 yards.....4000 yards....in his last two seasons. What, you can't use the best NCAA RB on your team?

The trick to moving an offense is staying out of third and long,, enter...stud RB, he gains 4, he gans 4....third and two, now there won't be a pass rush because ya might run gain. When you have the lead later in the game you aren't looking to toss the ball around it's...RUN THE BALL....enter 220 pounds 4.3.

How about we wait and see what happens, watch what happens, there is a reason Taylor won the last two Doak Walker awards, he is the best RB in this
draft. All this.....but ya see it's the scheme, **** the scheme, it's all about winning football games, so ya get the very best players ya can.

Ok, so I'll try to explain it to you, although what I expect is that you'll disregard the explanation entirely, even though it is literally WHY your Super Bowl winning Chiefs GM Brett Veach and Super Bowl winning head coach Andy Reid decided on another back.

1)You're right, Taylor was a VERY productive RB in college. VERY. He carried the ball A TON. For THREE YEARS. 300 attempts, three years straight.

That's a LOT of wear and tear at a position where few careers last long. In this category, his production weighs AGAINST HIM. Other Wisconsin runners have had similar stories and were cooked before they even got to the NFL. But that's not enough not to draft him or anything. It IS a reason to consider a back you feel is equal that has less wear. It's like buying a car. You want to pay the same for the one with 100,000 miles on it as the one with half as much? No, of course not.

2)offensive scheme fit- Taylor has played and thrive in a normal run-first type college football offense. Was rarely asked to catch the ball at all (he had 26 receptions TOTAL in three seasons. Almost all screens and dump-offs.) He's not a natural receiver; watch him. He's not terrible, but it's not his strength. He played behind the Wisconsin offensive line, which since the dawn of time basically is a big, mauling, straight ahead type offensive line. They win by dominating the line of scrimmage. Taylor's not a guy that's going to make anyone miss in the backfield' he gets a head of steam up and hits the line moving. This is not how Andy Reid runs an offensive line. We pull, we trap, we use mis-direction and confusion. We use smaller, mobile linemen. Rarely do they physically 'dominate' at the line of scrimmage, it's not about that. Taylor's not big on lateral quickness. He takes the ball and hauls ass for where the hole is supposed to go.

He's got good size and speed and needs to be in a straight up old school system to maximize his skillset. He'd fit in Pittsburgh. Tennnessee. He'll do well in Indy, with that line. He would not be ideal HERE, as his skills don't fit.

3) Those measurables.

Let's talk about those measurables. Let's start with the 40.

There's short space quickness, and long range speed. If you're measuring by the 40 time, you're talking about a fairly long range speed considering that a field is 100 yards long.

Helaire is much, much quicker in short spaces than Taylor. MUCH. It's like they don't even play the same position. (Because, well, they kind of don't.) Helaire skips jumps sideways and then bolts and is at full speed in an instant. Taylor doesn't have that 'suddenness'.

That 40 time is impressive. That's cool if he gets a big old hole and can just sprint through it. The knock on Taylor though, is that he doesn't do well if there isn't a big ass hole to run through. It's said he doesn't 'run big'. Shies away from contact at the LOS. And well, when you're beating up on Western Iowa Tech, yeah I guess you get some big holes to run through.

Helaire was nursing injuries and ran anyway, and so you see a 4.6. You clearly haven't watched him play; there's no way he's that slow. Even if he was, he's still fast enough, as evidenced by his big play ability. And I'm not talking about sprinting through holes that you could drive a mack truck through, I'm talking about CREATING a big play when it should've been a 3 yard loss.

So, he's 5'8ish 205 lbs. He's squat, low to the ground. I wouldn't pound him into the line 300 times a year, no. But will we ever do that in an Andy Reid offense? NO.

What we will do is throw him the ball. He's an accomplished receiver with a full route tree. He can line up in the slot and run a polished route no matter what you want him to run. And catch the ball and make people look foolish in space. Like he did 50 times last season. Twice what your guy did in 3.

He's a swiss army knife. He's like a McAffrey. A Marshall Faulk. A Brian Westbrook, who I see you've been acquainted with via a Sports Almanac of some sort.

He is not a 'bell cow' back. He will never plunge into the line 30 times in a season. We have Patrick Mahomes. Why the fuck would we do that?

But all of that you will pooh-pooh, and you'll come back with some nonsense about how Taylor caught more TD's, which just shows that you look at some stats and think you understand what's going on but clearly do not watch the game.

And I don't believe you're old enough to have watched football since 1960. You come off like a 13 year old nerd that gets off on old stats. You don't seem to actually understand the game at all.

But you do you.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 11:47 PM
Ok, so I'll try to explain it to you, although what I expect is that you'll disregard the explanation entirely, even though it is literally WHY your Super Bowl winning Chiefs GM Brett Veach and Super Bowl winning head coach Andy Reid decided on another back.

1)You're right, Taylor was a VERY productive RB in college. VERY. He carried the ball A TON. For THREE YEARS. 300 attempts, three years straight.

That's a LOT of wear and tear at a position where few careers last long. In this category, his production weighs AGAINST HIM. Other Wisconsin runners have had similar stories and were cooked before they even got to the NFL. But that's not enough not to draft him or anything. It IS a reason to consider a back you feel is equal that has less wear. It's like buying a car. You want to pay the same for the one with 100,000 miles on it as the one with half as much? No, of course not.

2)offensive scheme fit- Taylor has played and thrive in a normal run-first type college football offense. Was rarely asked to catch the ball at all (he had 26 receptions TOTAL in three seasons. Almost all screens and dump-offs.) He's not a natural receiver; watch him. He's not terrible, but it's not his strength. He played behind the Wisconsin offensive line, which since the dawn of time basically is a big, mauling, straight ahead type offensive line. They win by dominating the line of scrimmage. Taylor's not a guy that's going to make anyone miss in the backfield' he gets a head of steam up and hits the line moving. This is not how Andy Reid runs an offensive line. We pull, we trap, we use mis-direction and confusion. We use smaller, mobile linemen. Rarely do they physically 'dominate' at the line of scrimmage, it's not about that. Taylor's not big on lateral quickness. He takes the ball and hauls ass for where the hole is supposed to go.

He's got good size and speed and needs to be in a straight up old school system to maximize his skillset. He'd fit in Pittsburgh. Tennnessee. He'll do well in Indy, with that line. He would not be ideal HERE, as his skills don't fit.

3) Those measurables.

Let's talk about those measurables. Let's start with the 40.

There's short space quickness, and long range speed. If you're measuring by the 40 time, you're talking about a fairly long range speed considering that a field is 100 yards long.

Helaire is much, much quicker in short spaces than Taylor. MUCH. It's like they don't even play the same position. (Because, well, they kind of don't.) Helaire skips jumps sideways and then bolts and is at full speed in an instant. Taylor doesn't have that 'suddenness'.

That 40 time is impressive. That's cool if he gets a big old hole and can just sprint through it. The knock on Taylor though, is that he doesn't do well if there isn't a big ass hole to run through. It's said he doesn't 'run big'. Shies away from contact at the LOS. And well, when you're beating up on Western Iowa Tech, yeah I guess you get some big holes to run through.

Helaire was nursing injuries and ran anyway, and so you see a 4.6. You clearly haven't watched him play; there's no way he's that slow. Even if he was, he's still fast enough, as evidenced by his big play ability. And I'm not talking about sprinting through holes that you could drive a mack truck through, I'm talking about CREATING a big play when it should've been a 3 yard loss.

So, he's 5'8ish 205 lbs. He's squat, low to the ground. I wouldn't pound him into the line 300 times a year, no. But will we ever do that in an Andy Reid offense? NO.

What we will do is throw him the ball. He's an accomplished receiver with a full route tree. He can line up in the slot and run a polished route no matter what you want him to run. And catch the ball and make people look foolish in space. Like he did 50 times last season. Twice what your guy did in 3.

He's a swiss army knife. He's like a McAffrey. A Marshall Faulk. A Brian Westbrook, who I see you've been acquainted with via a Sports Almanac of some sort.

He is not a 'bell cow' back. He will never plunge into the line 30 times in a season. We have Patrick Mahomes. Why the **** would we do that?

But all of that you will pooh-pooh, and you'll come back with some nonsense about how Taylor caught more TD's, which just shows that you look at some stats and think you understand what's going on but clearly do not watch the game.

And I don't believe you're old enough to have watched football since 1960. You come off like a 13 year old nerd that gets off on old stats. You don't seem to actually understand the game at all.

But you do you.

Ok ok ok, yep...17 but I read a lot. Nerd, geek, freak, would work.

https://fansided.com/2020/04/01/kansas-city-chiefs-draft-rumors-jonathan-taylor/

ESPNs Mel Kiper, Jr. released his final mock draft of the year this morning and projected Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor to the Chiefs
ESPN Senior Draft Analyst Mel Kiper, Jr. released his fifth and final mock draft of the 2020 draft cycle Thursday morning. In it, he has your Kansas City Chiefs selecting a new offensive weapon for Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes in Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor.

On Taylor, Kiper says, “Taylor was prolific for the Badgers, and his 4.39 40-yard dash time at the combine opened some eyes. Kansas City hasn’t picked a running back in the first round since Larry Johnson in 2003.”

Taylor is an interesting, but not terribly surprising choice by Kiper. Many in the national media have projected for weeks that Kansas City will select a running back in the first round.

Add....

The latest round of mock drafts link the Kansas City Chiefs with new prospects including running back Jonathan Taylor.
Mock drafts are becoming more and more prevalent these days as the offseason nears ever closer, which means we’re beginning to see new prospects linked to the Kansas City Chiefs. The latest round of mocks includes new possible picks at running back and offensive line among others.

The 2020 NFL Draft is not until April, so we’ve got plenty of time between now and when any of this information actually matters. Fortunately we’re also rooting for a franchise with plenty of football hopefully ahead in the postseason. Still let’s take a look at the latest round of mock drafts to at least stay ahead.

It begins with an exciting thought at running back

Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
The skinny:

5’11, 219 lb. running back who was three-year starter. Had 55 career touchdowns, including 26 this year. Averaged over 2,000 yards rushing per season as a starter.

Then there's........

Investing in running backs has been counterproductive but the Chiefs are in a unique position. Here is why Jonathan Taylor could help the team run it back.
It doesn’t matter whether your team is drafting first overall, or whether they don’t have a draft pick until the second or third round, the draft makes or breaks teams.

After winning the Super Bowl, the Chiefs find themselves with the last pick in the first round. This pick offers them some flexibility. It is possible that the Chiefs trade back into the second round and continue their streak of not picking in the first round. The Chiefs could address any number of positions. There is very little possibility that the Chiefs draft a quarterback, kicker, or punter early in the draft but virtually every other position could be drafted.

With that in mind, running backs are not a “top” need for the Chiefs and picking one at 32 might be unwise. Receiving the last pick in the first round allows you to receive a fifth-year option, which is why it is a hot pick for teams looking for a developmental project at quarterback. Although round one should not be where the Chiefs target a running back, Jonathan Taylor is one running back that the Chiefs could look at in the second or third round.

There are very few running backs that could contribute and make as big of an impact in year one than Jonathan Taylor. The Chiefs would be foolish not to at least consider the impact a player of his caliber would have on an already potent offense. Based on Brett Veach’s history, it is not out of the realm of possibility that the Chiefs take a running back in the first round.

In Philadelphia, Brett Veach “pounded the table” for LeSean McCoy, which implies that he may not be above taking a talented running back at the top of the draft. If there is any running back that Veach could be pounding the table for in this draft, it would be Jonathan Taylor.

Want more Chiefs ya need to take Jonathan Taylor talk, it's out there, I wasn't alone on this at all.

Hell, one more......

https://clutchpoints.com/the-chiefs-should-already-be-targeting-wisconsin-rb-jonathan-taylor-in-the-2020-nfl-draft/

Want more? Jonathan Taylor to KC was old news, you guys act like it was me.