PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Report: Chiefs "remain in touch" with Bashaud Breeland

Dante84
03-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Sounds like there might be interest in retaining him, which makes sense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My understanding is the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> have remained in touch with free-agent CB Bashaud Breeland. <br><br>Kansas City would need to make other moves to afford Breeland, with less than $1M in cap space.<br><br>Breeland starred for KC last year, highlighted by his INT in Super Bowl LIV</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1242458898268913671?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin
03-24-2020, 12:45 PM
Can we say Well Bye ~ Sammy Watkins?

Dunerdr
03-24-2020, 01:07 PM
I feel like Breelands market has been hurt by not being able to bring the guy in for a look. KC literally had hands on him weeks ago he may be back because of it.

scho63
03-24-2020, 02:04 PM

He would be my first cut

Bill Brasky
03-24-2020, 02:08 PM

Yep. :thumb:

Keeping Breeland would change things quite a bit come draft day.

tyreekthefreak
03-24-2020, 02:11 PM
I feel like Breelands market has been hurt by not being able to bring the guy in for a look. KC literally had hands on him weeks ago he may be back because of it.

Huh?

carcosa
03-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Have we re-signed this piece of shit yet????

Hoover
03-24-2020, 02:17 PM
This post needs to get to 3k replies before be resigns. Got some work to do boys!

Hoover
03-24-2020, 02:18 PM
I mean how bad do you want it?

Hoover
03-24-2020, 02:18 PM
If it was easy, everyone would do it!

Mecca
03-24-2020, 02:19 PM
This doesn't sound like social distancing....

pugsnotdrugs19
03-24-2020, 02:20 PM
They need to hurry up and get something done with Watkins. Anderson just got $10m per year, so he’d probably be looking at $10-12m if he hits the market.

We could probably have Breeland locked up at $6-7m per if we had the space.

TEX
03-24-2020, 02:52 PM
This post needs to get to 3k replies before be resigns. Got some work to do boys!

2,987 more to go. We got this!

PHOG
03-24-2020, 02:57 PM
Let's get this rollin' :rockon:

TribalElder
03-24-2020, 03:07 PM
breeland balled out last year, would enjoy seeing him come back for the repeat

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2020, 03:12 PM
And?

Hoover
03-24-2020, 03:17 PM
And?
Thank you for your post!

DenverChief
03-24-2020, 03:26 PM
I sure hope so. I think keeping as much of the starting secondary intact is very important. I hope we can keep Fuller as well.

Hoover
03-24-2020, 03:28 PM
I sure hope so. I think keeping as much of the starting secondary intact is very important. I hope we can keep Fuller as well.
Jesus people. Fuller is a Redskin. 4 year 40 Million dollar deal.

Pitt Gorilla
03-24-2020, 03:31 PM
It's always made sense to me to keep Breeland, if possible. We know what we have in him and he fits the scheme.

alpha_omega
03-24-2020, 03:37 PM
I would like to see Mr. Breeland back.

DenverChief
03-24-2020, 03:39 PM

I’m sorry. I have been working 16 hour days keeping people from freaking out. I missed it. Forgive me.

PHOG
03-24-2020, 03:47 PM
I’m sorry. I have been working 16 hour days keeping people from freaking out. I missed it. Forgive me.

Yeah, he turned the SB victory into a very nice payday for himself. I don't think he's worth it, but that's just imo.

carcosa
03-24-2020, 03:48 PM

Apology NOT accepted!!!!!

ThyKingdomCome15
03-24-2020, 03:53 PM
Fuller got 10 mil a year from WAS. Steven Nelson last year got 7 mil a year from PIT. I think he may have earned that kind of pay day. I'm just not sure how we are going to do it or if he's worth that to us.

(I really dont know how we're gonna pay Pat. It's a mess.)

staylor26
03-24-2020, 03:55 PM
Fuller got 10 mil a year from WAS. Steven Nelson last year got 7 mil a year from PIT. I think he may have earned that kind of pay day. I'm just not sure how we are going to do it or if he's worth that to us.

(I really dont know how we're gonna pay Pat. It's a mess.)

:rolleyes:

RealSNR
03-24-2020, 03:56 PM
Thank you for your post!

Thank YOU for being nice and contributing another post to the cause!

Simply Red
03-24-2020, 04:04 PM

Shut the fuck up

oldman
03-24-2020, 04:04 PM
I'd like to see Breeland back, too.

BigRedChief
03-24-2020, 04:18 PM

I’m sorry. I have been working 16 hour days keeping people from freaking out. I missed it. Forgive me.yeah come on Hoover. There is a lot going on in the country right now.

BryanBusby
03-24-2020, 04:20 PM
Shut the fuck up
Thank you

Hoover
03-24-2020, 04:21 PM
Thank you
bump

BigChiefFan
03-24-2020, 05:58 PM
I sure would like to see us retain Breeland. I’d like to see us have stability at every phase of the defense. Breeland added some intangiables that suits our D. I’m hopeful he’s here the next couple of years and we solidify our D. We could do a lot worse than Breeland.

Bump
03-24-2020, 06:21 PM
hope we keep him, especially after losing Fuller. Probably need to draft a CB in the first 2 rounds as well, if anyone good enough is there to pick.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-24-2020, 06:32 PM
Keep sleeping on ALEX BROWN!!!

KChiefs1
03-24-2020, 11:24 PM
I’d take him back.

Halfcan
03-25-2020, 12:15 AM
hope we keep him, especially after losing Fuller. Probably need to draft a CB in the first 2 rounds as well, if anyone good enough is there to pick.

Yep, I thought he played above his contract last year.

Dunerdr
03-25-2020, 09:06 AM
no ones signing him with his history until they can get him in for a physical

siberian khatru
03-25-2020, 09:23 AM

Latest CBS mock had us taking CBs in the first three rounds. :hmmm:

ModSocks
03-25-2020, 09:38 AM
no ones signing him with his history until they can get him in for a physical

Good point. But there's also a full season/post season teams can evaluate. If teams are comfortable with his play for the figure he's asking the physical may not matter as much to them.

Dunerdr
03-25-2020, 11:37 AM
Good point. But there's also a full season/post season teams can evaluate. If teams are comfortable with his play for the figure he's asking the physical may not matter as much to them.

True, but there are still comparable corners available whos foot skin is not as likely to fall off.

JakeF
03-25-2020, 12:06 PM
If Washington even thinks a player is asking too much then Breeland's asking price must be insane.

Mecca
03-25-2020, 12:09 PM

Uh what?

ModSocks
03-25-2020, 12:13 PM
If Washington even thinks a player is asking too much then Breeland's asking price must be insane.

WTH you talkin' bout

Easy 6
03-25-2020, 12:15 PM

Yeah that’s, uhhh... overkill

BigChiefFan
03-25-2020, 07:16 PM

I still think Veach extends Watkins and keeps him here the next couple of years.

Buckweath
03-25-2020, 08:17 PM
It's a mystery to me how Chiefs fans think Bashaud Breeland is a good player.

Sure he will have his moments but he is nothing more than a decent player at best. He is not bad at all but he can get burned or be called for a penalty at anytime.

The guy was rated 48.3 by PFF last season.

I'd have no problem signing him for 5M-6M but I fail to see how fans around here think he is anything special.

I saw someone say he is much better than Fuller. Yeah, there is no way.

RunKC
03-25-2020, 08:44 PM

Sure he will have his moments but he is nothing more than a decent player at best. He is not bad at all but he can get burned or be called for a penalty at anytime.

I'd have no problem signing him for 5M-6M but I fail to see how fans around here think he is anything special.

A starting corner is not getting $5M. He’s a starting caliber corner who has shown enough ball skills to earn a starting salary, which begins at $7M per the market. I mean FFS Steven Nelson is pure garbage and he got $8.5M.

If we can get him on a backloaded contract earning about $8-9M average that would be excellent value.

And yeah I’m taking Breeland over Fuller all day at corner. Listen dude..Fuller isn’t a great corner. He’s a much better safety being able to see everything in front of him and I think that was proven last year. Breeland has more consistent ball production and he’s a significantly better tackler with a bigger attitude who at his peak (Super Bowl) was absolutely outstanding.

In fact, I’d venture to say that Breeland down the stretch and in the playoffs is a quality starting corner. Considering corners are going for almost $17 million now, Breeland would be a goddamn steal at anything lower than $10 million.

Easy 6
03-25-2020, 08:44 PM
Currently at the 8 minute mark in the second quarter of the complete Super Bowl rerun, and oh yeah... this guys an absolute bargain

You belong here kid, don’t be so damn greedy... keep playing for a winner and your contract will pale in comparison to the business opportunities awaiting you

suzzer99
03-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Dude balled out when it mattered. I would love to keep him.

If he doesn't make that great play at the end of the Pats game - our whole season could have a different story.

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 10:20 PM

Now you're just being disrespectful.

He was our best CB last year. Charvarius Ward showed a ton of improvement and Fenton did some nice things, but Breeland was our most trustworthy CB by far. Once the secondary figured its shit out (it took some time for EVERYBODY on defense to reduce their mental errors) he was a decent starting CB.

And get out of here with Fuller being a better CB than Breeland. You're pissed about a couple penalties he had? How about watching Fuller allow catches all day in the slot, where his coverage was just okay enough to allow the completion? Breeland at least would get ignored for stretches at a time, which is exactly what you want out of a CB.

BossChief
03-25-2020, 10:24 PM

He’s a much better corner than Fuller has been for us. He’s also not scheme diverse so his market is limited. Fuller has scheme and position versatility.

Wilson8
03-25-2020, 10:43 PM
I like Bashaud Breeland and hope KC can keep him.

He has been successful as a cornerback wherever he has played, Clemson Tigers, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers and Kansas City Chiefs.

Bashaud does have his flaws though. He was supposed to be a track athlete and pretty fast in high school, but his NFL combine was a 4.62 40 time. It did improve for his Pro Day where he ran a 4.57. To make up for his lack of speed he gets pretty physical with the receivers that he covers, but that can result in several penalties. Against the Indianapolis Colts he had 3 defensive holding penalties and 1 passing interference. Last year he had 6 defensive holding and 4 passing interference penalties during the season.

Anyway I like him, but if the Chiefs move on, hopefully it will be for a better player.

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 10:53 PM
You guys realize there's a possibility that if Janeane Garrafalo knew how to fucking throw on that deep incompletion to Sanders late in the Super Bowl, we might be going on 51 years since our last Super Bowl victory?

We likely would have been bitching up a storm about the nincompoops who let that deep throw get away just like we bitched up a storm about Dee Ford last offseason.

Who was the guy who fucked up so bad and nearly cost us that championship?

Well, look at the play. It was two guys. Charvarius Ward AND Rashad Fenton both got burned by Sanders. The two players we're all super comfortable with keeping around in elevated roles with the team while the CB depth is rounded out by a rookie or two and some slapdick veteran we'd end up signing.

For all of his warts as a CB (there really aren't as many as people claim there to be) I don't remember Bashaud Breeland ever looking like a total jackass in the playoffs and possibly flushing the whole fucking thing down the goddamn toilet.

suzzer99
03-25-2020, 11:02 PM
Nah Mahomes would have led us down to score.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2020, 11:04 PM
You guys realize there's a possibility that if Janeane Garrafalo knew how to ****ing throw on that deep incompletion to Sanders late in the Super Bowl, we might be going on 51 years since our last Super Bowl victory?

We likely would have been bitching up a storm about the nincompoops who let that deep throw get away just like we bitched up a storm about Dee Ford last offseason.

Who was the guy who ****ed up so bad and nearly cost us that championship?

Well, look at the play. It was two guys. Charvarius Ward AND Rashad Fenton both got burned by Sanders. The two players we're all super comfortable with keeping around in elevated roles with the team while the CB depth is rounded out by a rookie or two and some slapdick veteran we'd end up signing.

For all of his warts as a CB (there really aren't as many as people claim there to be) I don't remember Bashaud Breeland ever looking like a total jackass in the playoffs and possibly flushing the whole ****ing thing down the goddamn toilet.

There was about a minute and 38 seconds left. You must be a fucking retard if you think Mahomes with this offense can’t score a TD in a minute and 38 seconds

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2020, 11:07 PM
Redskins have not been in touch with Breeland

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After trading corner Quinton Dunbar Monday, the Redskins now need more depth at the position. As of now, they have not been in contact with former Redskin corner Bashaud Breeland, per source. He might be an option much later, but not now. Logan Ryan... <a href="https://t.co/pxHXIb574j">https://t.co/pxHXIb574j</a></p>&mdash; John Keim (@john_keim) <a href="https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1242779133035327490?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 11:09 PM
There was about a minute and 38 seconds left. You must be a fucking retard if you think Mahomes with this offense can’t score a TD in a minute and 38 seconds

Do you know what a hypothetical is, dipshit?

KChiefs1
03-25-2020, 11:09 PM
Mahomes could have gotten 2 TD’s with that much time left.

suzzer99
03-25-2020, 11:10 PM
Breeland and Pennel are the top two guys I didn't want to lose. I can live with Watkins leaving due to the price. Ogbah would have been nice to keep.

We can't lose Jones though man. He was so money in the SB.

I still can't believe all the shit that fell into place for us to win the SB - including the virus being nice enough to wait.

Chargem
03-26-2020, 01:38 AM
Need a vet corner for sure. I think Breeland was fine but not amazing, would rather have Logan Ryan if he can be had for a few mil more per year

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-26-2020, 01:50 AM
Need a vet corner for sure. I think Breeland was fine but not amazing, would rather have Logan Ryan if he can be had for a few mil more per year

Logan is more of a slot guy and we already have a stud slot CB in Fenton

Dunerdr
03-26-2020, 07:18 AM
Logan is more of a slot guy and we already have a stud slot CB in Fenton

People keep saying this but Fenton wasnt ever a slot guy before was he?

Mecca
03-26-2020, 07:21 AM
Fenton is actually better on the outside than he is in the slot if you want to be honest about this.

R Clark
03-26-2020, 07:50 AM
Fenton is actually better on the outside than he is in the slot if you want to be honest about this.

Damn do you think they are planning on replacing Breeland with Fenton,if they don’t resign Breeland?

RealSNR
03-26-2020, 07:57 AM
Did you see how aggressive Fenton was last year? Probably half of the big plays he made could have been called flags. Then we'd have people bitching about how he was a flag machine.

I'm not saying he sucks, just that it's way too early to call him a "stud" like Mahomo just did

R Clark
03-26-2020, 08:10 AM
Yep I hope like hell they can get Breeland resigned .fenton ain’t ready to start by no means

Dunerdr
03-26-2020, 08:32 AM
I feel like we just imagine badass slot guys every now and then, Gaines was supposed to be it, some people felt nelson was, then fuller who really wasnt great at any point as a chief, now fentons the man!

rabblerouser
03-26-2020, 08:35 AM

Ummmmm...does anyone want to tell him?

Mecca
03-26-2020, 08:36 AM
Mathieu plays the slot more than any of the corners do.

TRR
03-26-2020, 08:50 AM
I feel like we just imagine badass slot guys every now and then, Gaines was supposed to be it, some people felt nelson was, then fuller who really wasnt great at any point as a chief, now fentons the man!

To be fair, Gaines was never the same after he tore his ACL. Nelson is a decent CB, he just doesn’t have the size/length to be more than competent. Fuller’s thumb also limited him for the last two years.

rtmike
03-26-2020, 11:15 AM
He is one of the best tackling CBs in the league.
Marcus Peters he is not, lol.

BossChief
03-26-2020, 11:16 AM
Redskins have not been in touch with Breeland

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After trading corner Quinton Dunbar Monday, the Redskins now need more depth at the position. As of now, they have not been in contact with former Redskin corner Bashaud Breeland, per source. He might be an option much later, but not now. Logan Ryan... <a href="https://t.co/pxHXIb574j">https://t.co/pxHXIb574j</a></p>&mdash; John Keim (@john_keim) <a href="https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1242779133035327490?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I missed that Dunbar got traded.

AND ONLY FOR A FIFTH...and only owed 3.25m and 4m in incentives?

That’s a steal.

I bet if we had the cap space that’s a deal Veach makes.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-26-2020, 11:24 AM
I missed that Dunbar got traded.

AND ONLY FOR A FIFTH...and only owed 3.25m and 4m in incentives?

That’s a steal.

I bet if we had the cap space that’s a deal Veach makes.

We don’t even have the cap space to sign Sherman and Pennel so someone is getting cut with ing next couple days or a restructure of some sorts

Redbled
03-26-2020, 12:10 PM
To be fair, Gaines was never the same after he tore his ACL. Nelson is a decent CB, he just doesn’t have the size/length to be more than competent. Fuller’s thumb also limited him for the last two years.

Nelson mainly was missing the brains and instincts to know when to turn his head around. His coverage was not bad.

Chief Northman
03-26-2020, 12:31 PM
Darby is a guy the Chiefs might kick tires on. They did last off-season. Of course he missed 5 games as he is a brokedick, but that will only lower his ask.

chiefforlife
03-26-2020, 02:45 PM
Darqueze Dennard is back on the market. Deal with Jacksonville fell apart.

Id like to keep Breeland AND sign Dennard but at least it could be leverage...

Chief Northman
03-26-2020, 02:50 PM
Darqueze Dennard is back on the market. Deal with Jacksonville fell apart.

Id like to keep Breeland AND sign Dennard but at least it could be leverage...

Another guy the Chiefs had in last year, BUT really only good covering from the slot. Chiefs need outside corners.

mdchiefsfan
03-26-2020, 03:59 PM
This thread needs WAY more replies if we are going to bring him back for a second year.

The Franchise
03-26-2020, 04:15 PM
This thread needs WAY more replies if we are going to bring him back for a second year.

No we don’t because that shit is fucking stupid.

mdchiefsfan
03-26-2020, 04:33 PM
No we don’t because that shit is fucking stupid.

LMAO