PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LNBS: Let’s say the 2020 season is cancelled...

BossChief
03-25-2020, 01:27 AM
How does that effect next years FA? Does everything just stop and resume as it left off after they re-open? Let’s say we don’t get an extension done with Jones. Does he become a free agent at that point? Do players get an accrued season? Do players still get paid if the games don’t happen? How about the TV contracts...do the companies that signed up for specific games for the 2020 season still get that year in 2021?

I’m kinda interested in this because it’s a real possibility and would have huge ramifications to the future of our young team and the sport in general. Barring a miracle or 5, this doesn’t seem to be getting better before it gets worse.

I know that if things are still getting cancelled in 4-6 months, football may be one of the lowest priorities for a lot of people but I’m interested to see what you guys and gals think.

Chiefspants
03-25-2020, 02:34 AM
In!

SuperBowl4
03-25-2020, 03:58 AM
I'll call Matt Cassel's good friend Eric Winston, President of the NFLPA for some answers.

MMXcalibur
03-25-2020, 04:18 AM
Super Bowl Champions, 2-years running?

Rasputin
03-25-2020, 05:22 AM
That would mean Chiefs would have the longest winning streak in the NFL 2020 and still reigning WORLD CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD

I think it's a conspiracy from NFL owners that don't want to face and get embarrassed by young Patrick Mahomes II and NFL wasn't ready for him so they created this virus in China because everything is made in China . What say you Black Op ?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-25-2020, 05:46 AM
There won't be an NFL season this year. Until a proven vaccine is readily available and this virus has run it's course you just can't have crowd density like a football stadium involves.

It's going to take a full year.

With that said there won't be college football either so the next draft will be all fucked up.

SuperBowl4
03-25-2020, 06:00 AM
There won't be an NFL season this year. Until a proven vaccine is readily available and this virus has run it's course you just can't have crowd density like a football stadium involves.

It's going to take a full year.

With that said there won't be college football either so the next draft will be all ****ed up.Will you be required to have a ID2020 (Global Identity Alliance) to get inside a stadium. And the sign said you have to have a micro-chip shot to get inside.

old_geezer
03-25-2020, 06:24 AM
My thoughts right now; We'll be lucky to get a shortened season in - maybe conference games only and conference winners plus one wildcard for the playoffs. Pretty sure large crowds are going to be discouraged for a long time yet.

ChiTown
03-25-2020, 06:35 AM
To answer one question, if there aren’t any games, I don’t see a scenario where these players get paid - aside from any signing bonus they were due. NBA Players get paid 2x a month during the season. Their checks have been halted since the play stoppage.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-25-2020, 07:06 AM
NFL goes on diet while players get chunky lmao

YayMike
03-25-2020, 07:19 AM
Just means we are Still super bowl champs!!!

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 07:26 AM
They’ll play the games without fans.

Kman34
03-25-2020, 08:06 AM

I could see this happening..

Baby Lee
03-25-2020, 08:09 AM

On Madden

Hoover
03-25-2020, 08:33 AM
If the 2020 season is cancelled we are fucked as a nation

penguinz
03-25-2020, 08:35 AM
If the 2020 season is cancelled we are ****ed as a nation

Overreact much?

Chief Roundup
03-25-2020, 08:38 AM
When would you feel comfortable sending Mahomes into NY, California, Washington, Florida multiple times? Now what if you are the Chiefs or his agent, etc.
When you would sent the person you love most into the worst possible scenario that is when the NFL will play games.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

SuperBowl4
03-25-2020, 08:45 AM
STUBHUB will probably file for bankruptcy

Hoover
03-25-2020, 08:52 AM
Overreact much?
No, not really.

If a sports league that launches in August, and hell while we are at it lets throw in college football while we are at it, are not able to function normally, I really believe that our economy will be destroyed. Think about what you are saying, that the NFL season would need to be cancelled. It means we are still under major social distancing requirements, which would also mean that schools are not in session either.

Try to understand the American economy for a second, we are the worlds top consumers, we buy shit all the time, its what our economy is built on. This disruption is kills it to the core.

Now, as of today I'm not freaking out, I think we have until June or July to figure this out. Meaning find a cure, fine a vaccination, whatever. Our economy can't survive much more than than, and operating like this until June or July worries me anyway.

penguinz
03-25-2020, 09:35 AM
No, not really.

If a sports league that launches in August, and hell while we are at it lets throw in college football while we are at it, are not able to function normally, I really believe that our economy will be destroyed. Think about what you are saying, that the NFL season would need to be cancelled. It means we are still under major social distancing requirements, which would also mean that schools are not in session either.

Try to understand the American economy for a second, we are the worlds top consumers, we buy shit all the time, its what our economy is built on. This disruption is kills it to the core.

Now, as of today I'm not freaking out, I think we have until June or July to figure this out. Meaning find a cure, fine a vaccination, whatever. Our economy can't survive much more than than, and operating like this until June or July worries me anyway.
You are still overreacting. When this is over, wether 2 months or 20 months from now, things will go back to what we are used to. We are not fucked as a nation.

Easy 6
03-25-2020, 09:54 AM
I’m not even willing to contemplate that right now, theres still a looong way to go until the start of camp

CasselGotPeedOn
03-25-2020, 10:16 AM
Am I taking crazy pills, or do NFL games not start for another 6 months?

Hoover
03-25-2020, 10:18 AM
Am I taking crazy pills, or do NFL games not start for another 6 months?
That's my point. If 6 months from now things are not back to normal, yikes.

Shaid
03-25-2020, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure we're having a 2020 season. We are shut down to slow the curve. We'll be well past the Apex of this as we get to the fall. Yes, we'll still have people that have it but we should be past the part where we have the big shortages in the hospitals, etc.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-25-2020, 10:26 AM
Training camps start in 4 months. I could see them getting pushed back a month and the season being shortened, but I seriously doubt the NFL season is gonna be canceled.

Chief Roundup
03-25-2020, 10:26 AM
Am I taking crazy pills, or do NFL games not start for another 6 months?Right but OTAs start in May then mini camps on into training camp. There is a lot that happens before the start of the games.

OKchiefs
03-25-2020, 10:30 AM
We'll see what happens with MLB/NBA. If they both start/start up again by May and have no issues there's no reason NFL can't go by September.

Mecca
03-25-2020, 10:35 AM
We'll see what happens with MLB/NBA. If they both start/start up again by May and have no issues there's no reason NFL can't go by September.

MLB has basically acknowledged they won't be back till June at the earliest.

teedubya
03-25-2020, 10:36 AM
The Chiefs might be the last champion of any major sport.

We are all gonna die!!!... someday.

OKchiefs
03-25-2020, 10:39 AM
MLB has basically acknowledged they won't be back till June at the earliest.

Even then, same scenario. Things like OTAs and other events could be postponed or altered in some way, but those two leagues should be a good litmus test for the NFL.

CaliforniaChief
03-25-2020, 10:41 AM

Big advantage for the Chargers who are used to this.

Chief Roundup
03-25-2020, 11:28 AM
Big advantage for the Chargers who are used to this.No they are use to always having to deal with opposing crowd noise at home. So no crowd would definitely be a step in the right direction for them.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-25-2020, 04:57 PM
There's not going to be a tested safe vaccine available that quickly. Playing without crowds makes sense except for the fact you're still jeopardizing players that will be sharing locker rooms, practicing together and in games tackling where body fluids are all over the place.

I just don't see it happening. Anyway because the chiefs have a generational QB you know the god damn world is going to end. If this doesn't do it I guarantee you there's a fucking asteroid about to land in Missouri.

Chiefspants
03-26-2020, 12:06 AM
There's not going to be a tested safe vaccine available that quickly. Playing without crowds makes sense except for the fact you're still jeopardizing players that will be sharing locker rooms, practicing together and in games tackling where body fluids are all over the place.

I just don't see it happening. Anyway because the chiefs have a generational QB you know the god damn world is going to end. If this doesn't do it I guarantee you there's a fucking asteroid about to land in Missouri.

Doesn’t matter. Won Super Bowl.

(Okay, it does. But the highlights have really helped with the quarantining).

scho63
03-26-2020, 04:13 AM
Let's just say it's not

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-26-2020, 03:44 PM
With only 10 allowed on the field. Five against five. I'm still interested

Chieftain
03-26-2020, 03:58 PM
I would be really shocked if we didn't have any sort of season. I could see it start maybe late October in worst case scenario. This lockdown will not continue past the summer months.