PDA

View Full Version : Football Deshaun Watson on the move?

Megatron96
03-25-2020, 02:30 PM
Deshaun Watson might be on the move? Are the Texans just stupid?

From his twitter account:

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1242111461159297024

BWillie
03-25-2020, 02:31 PM
If he goes to the Patriots, I'm going to kick my cat.

Peter Gibbons
03-25-2020, 02:32 PM
That was his response to trading away his star receiver. I don’t see it foreshadowing anything to do with him leaving. Although, his GM/coach is legendarily stupid so who knows.

ModSocks
03-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Pfff Pats fans wish. Keep dreaming.

Mile High Mania
03-25-2020, 02:34 PM
He should get them a bounty in return, but I just can't see it... wouldn't sock me if HOU traded him, they are a bit perplexing. I just can't see NEP giving up what would be required.

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 02:35 PM
If he makes those demands to the Texans, they'll tell him to get fucked.

staylor26
03-25-2020, 02:36 PM
Even BOB and the Texans aren’t stupid enough to trade a top QB to an AFC team, especially the Pats.

Hoover
03-25-2020, 02:36 PM
doubtful, but Texans went full retard and fucked up a pretty good team.

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 02:37 PM
He should get them a bounty in return, but I just can't see it... wouldn't sock me if HOU traded him, they are a bit perplexing. I just can't see NEP giving up what would be required.

It's the Texans. A 2nd and a 4th in 2021 should get the job done.

Maybe throw in a COVAIDS-infested RB for good measure.

Megatron96

Ordinarily I would probably agree with you. But we're talking about BoB who just a few weeks ago gave away Hopkins for a below-average RB and a bag of wet hair.

So Deshaun, in his mind might be worth Ray Rice and a 3rd rounder? Maybe have to throw in a future 4th?

saphojunkie
Yeah right

siberian khatru
If he goes to the Patriots, I'm going to kick my cat.

For a 3rd in 2020 and a 5th in 2021.

ChiTown
03-25-2020, 02:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ET-0wsiXQAIq2Bt?format=jpg&name=small

Shoes
03-25-2020, 02:40 PM
I know most of you guys are old as fuck but Watson is quoting a Drake song. I hardly think that counts as a precursor to a trade. Probably a little upset that his star receiver got traded- that's all.

Watson is the Texans franchise.

Megatron96
03-25-2020, 02:40 PM
Note: IMHO, there's no chance Deshaun goes anywhere. I just posted this because they're talking about it on ESPN right now, so figured it was fair game.

Crrection: they're discussing the tweet and what it might mean on FS1, not ESPN.

staylor26
03-25-2020, 02:42 PM
Ordinarily I would probably agree with you. But we're talking about BoB who just a few weeks ago gave away Hopkins for a below-average RB and a bag of wet hair.

So Deshaun, in his mind might be worth Ray Rice and a 3rd rounder? Maybe have to throw in a future 4th?

If the Texans organization has to choose between BOB and Watson, they’re going to pick Watson. They’re already feeling the heat from their fan base. He’s probably gone after this inevitable bad season anyways.

loochy
03-25-2020, 02:43 PM

Maybe so, but finding a legit QB is THE hardest piece to fill. Getting rid of him would be colossaly stupid, no matter the haul.

Gravedigger
03-25-2020, 02:43 PM
With Bill O'Brien at the helm someone will get him for a steal if that's the case.

thabear04
03-25-2020, 02:44 PM
He just shouting out his favorite Drake & Lil Uzi songs.

Megatron96
03-25-2020, 02:45 PM
If the Texans organization has to choose between BOB and Watson, they’re going to pick Watson. They’re already feeling the heat from their fan base. He’s probably gone after this inevitable bad season anyways.

I agree. I'm already on the record a long time ago that if I were the Texans owner I'd have fired Billy Bob a long time ago. And I believe that Watson is a lot better than his stats or his record, and what's been holding him back is BoB.

But we're talking about HOU here . . .

Sofa King
03-25-2020, 02:45 PM
Maybe so, but finding a legit QB is THE hardest piece to fill. Getting rid of him would be colossaly stuid, no matter the haul.

Which means Bob will probably do it.

Megatron96
03-25-2020, 02:46 PM

Okay, but then why those exact lyrics? Right now?

Again, for the record, I don't think Watson is going anywhere, but as they're saying on FS1 the exact lyrics and the timing is interesting.

MahiMike
03-25-2020, 02:46 PM
I know most of you guys are old as **** but Watson is quoting a Drake song. I hardly think that counts as a precursor to a trade. Probably a little upset that his star receiver got traded- that's all.

Who's Drake? And I'm not that old.

ChiefBlueCFC
03-25-2020, 02:49 PM
I hope to fucking god that BoB trades Watson... just to see how badly he gets hosed. If he does trade him, I bet he doesn't get a 1st... and if he gets a first thats all he gets

Bump
03-25-2020, 02:51 PM
ya he's mad they traded one of the best receivers in the game

BWillie
03-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Are we sure O'Brien isn't a New England spy?

Shaid
03-25-2020, 02:55 PM
Watch them trade him to the Patriots for a bag of chips.

TribalElder
03-25-2020, 03:04 PM
I fully expect the patriots to tank this year using the loss of brady as an excuse in order to position themselves into a place where they can draft trevor lawrence

Mahomes_Is_God
03-25-2020, 03:05 PM
Watson would be a good backup QB for Mahomes. Bring him in for a look?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-25-2020, 03:06 PM
I never trusted those eyes of his...

Red Dawg
03-25-2020, 03:10 PM
No way. Trading Watson would be indefensible. Only way is if Watson just flat out refuses to play there.

Shields68
03-25-2020, 03:15 PM
I fully expect the patriots to tank this year using the loss of brady as an excuse in order to position themselves into a place where they can draft trevor lawrence

Not a chance. Bill's ego won't allow it. Too much Defensive talent.

RunKC
03-25-2020, 03:17 PM
They’ll fire Bob before they ever give any thought of putting DeShaun on the market.

Red Dawg
03-25-2020, 03:31 PM
Watson would have to severely force the issue. I don't see him doing that over Hopkins. WRs dont drive win and loses enough.

DaFace
03-25-2020, 03:34 PM
I don't want him to end up anywhere else in the AFC, but for his sake I do hope he can move to a competent organization at some point in his career.

RN47
03-25-2020, 03:45 PM
I know most of you guys are old as **** but Watson is quoting a Drake song. I hardly think that counts as a precursor to a trade. Probably a little upset that his star receiver got traded- that's all.

You’re so cool. Can you tell me more about what the cool white kids pretend to like these days?

RN47
03-25-2020, 03:47 PM

Id dat wit he do?

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 04:06 PM
Aren't the Texans kind of in Bronco limbo right now? Bob McNair passed away, and from what I understand, nobody is really at the top to lead things (or hire a real GM for that matter) so the people who are currently the technical owners are just like, "Uhh... we're not sure what the hell to do with this franchise so... here ya go, Bill"

TEX
03-25-2020, 05:35 PM
Aren't the Texans kind of in Bronco limbo right now? Bob McNair passed away, and from what I understand, nobody is really at the top to lead things (or hire a real GM for that matter) so the people who are currently the technical owners are just like, "Uhh... we're not sure what the hell to do with this franchise so... here ya go, Bill"

No. McNair's son Cal is in charge. He's just given the wrong guy, BOB, all the power. It's weird because before last season, Cal set expectations and said that "Everyone would be held accountable." BOB went public with that and subsequently made some moves to "win now." So, when he lost to KC the way that he did in the playoffs, most thought that would be it for BOB, because of the whole "accountability" thing. SURPRISE!
Cal has bought into the whole "Patriot Way" culture / way of doing business, and is letting BOB and Jack Easterby (also from New England) do what they want to do in order to "shape" the team. I think IF / WHEN it becomes clear to Cal that BOB's version of the "Patriot Way" is not working and is in fact holding Deshawn Watson back, BOB and Easterby will be shown the door. Who knows how long that will take?...

I remember when Bob McNair died last year, it was thought that Cal would be different from his father. John McClain, a HOF Sports Writer that has covered Houston sports for 40+ years, was comparing the Texans situation to the Chiefs, when Lamar died and Clark took over. Saying that Clark clearly had a different direction for the team than Lamar did, and mentioned the firing of Peterson and Herm and the hiring of Scott Pioli and Todd Haley - and the firing of Pioli and hiring Reid / Dorsey, when Clark knew that he made a mistake - then the firing of Dorsey. The thinking was that BOB would be out because Cal was NOT like his father and would not be one to maintain something that was not working. Or would not double down on a mistake by keeping it around too long... Fast forward to the other day, when Hopkins was traded for peanuts (like Clowney before him). McClain said that the reality is that Cal is acting just like his father. So, no telling how long it will continue.

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 06:03 PM
No. McNair's son Cal is in charge. He's just given the wrong guy, BOB, all the power. It's weird because before last season, Cal set expectations and said that "Everyone would be held accountable." BOB went public with that and subsequently made some moves to "win now." So, when he lost to KC the way that he did in the playoffs, most thought that would be it for BOB, because of the whole "accountability" thing. SURPRISE!
Cal has bought into the whole "Patriot Way" culture / way of doing business, and is letting BOB and Jack Easterby (also from New England) do what they want to do in order to "shape" the team. I think IF / WHEN it becomes clear to Cal that BOB's version of the "Patriot Way" is not working and is in fact holding Deshawn Watson back, BOB and Easterby will be shown the door. Who knows how long that will take?...

I remember when Bob McNair died last year, it was thought that Cal would be different from his father. John McClain, a HOF Sports Writer that has covered Houston sports for 40+ years, was comparing the Texans situation to the Chiefs, when Lamar died and Clark took over. Saying that Clark clearly had a different direction for the team than Lamar did, and mentioned the firing of Peterson and Herm and the hiring of Scott Pioli and Todd Haley - and the firing of Pioli and hiring Reid / Dorsey, when Clark knew that he made a mistake - then the firing of Dorsey. The thinking was that BOB would be out because Cal was NOT like his father and would not be one to maintain something that was not working. Or would not double down on a mistake by keeping it around too long... Fast forward to the other day, when Hopkins was traded for peanuts (like Clowney before him). McClain said that the reality is that Cal is acting just like his father. So, no telling how long it will continue.
Ah, yeah. Jack Easterby. The so-called "character coach." The apparent savior in New England who wasn't able to coach the character of possibly the league's best WR.

This is completely separate from the post you made, but I need to rant again about the Patriot Way because of everything we went through under Pioli years ago. What a joke the Patriot Way mentality is. I've never seen anything fucking like it. Andy Reid disciples get head coaching jobs elsewhere and don't seem to insist on referring to where they came from or who they were surrounded by. Same goes for any other coaching tree in the league. Marty had a nice little coaching tree himself, and I never once saw his coaches go to other teams and talk about the "gleam" or how much the Raiders suck.

New England acted shocked and upset when Easterby left, but we all know they're just full of shit, and this Easterby jackass is probably no different than Pioli, Patricia, O'Brien, and the rest of those turds. Pompous attitudes. Insistence that culture can just be replicated from one team to the next and that if it ain't exactly the Patriots culture, there's no way that team can win a Super Bowl. Closed-mindedness. No room for creativity.

Chiefshrink
03-25-2020, 06:12 PM
Watson would have to severely force the issue. I don't see him doing that over Hopkins. WRs dont drive win and loses enough.

Tell that to Montana when he QB'd the Chiefs. Those were the only pieces missing from winning the SB. Had we had a couple of serious legit No.1 WRs......

displacedinMN
03-25-2020, 06:15 PM
Deshaun Watson might be on the move? Are the Texans just stupid?

From his twitter account:

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1242111461159297024

Those are two entirely different questions.

Red Dawg
03-25-2020, 06:33 PM
Tell that to Montana when he QB'd the Chiefs. Those were the only pieces missing from winning the SB. Had we had a couple of serious legit No.1 WRs......

Just saying. The best WRs in the game have won nothing. They are not the driving force for team succes. You need a good group, not one guy yiu have to feed. Jones, Hopkins, Moss and countless others are studs with no rings.

PAChiefsGuy
03-25-2020, 06:37 PM
Just saying. The best WRs in the game have won nothing. They are not the driving force for team succes. You need a good group, not one guy yiu have to feed. Jones, Hopkins, Moss and countless others are studs with no rings.

Jerry Rice? Michael Irvin? Plenty of star WRs with rings buddy.

TomBarndtsTwin
03-25-2020, 06:46 PM

Tyreek has a Super Bowl ring. :D

(well, he will shortly)

Red Dawg
03-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Of course some have rings but there are far more great ones without them
Giant lost the same without and with OBJ. What was our record when Hill was injured?

TimeForWasp
03-25-2020, 07:04 PM
Makes no sense at all, unless maybe they are trying to move up to the no1 overall pick.

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 07:31 PM
Of course some have rings but there are far more great ones without them
Giant lost the same without and with OBJ. What was our record when Hill was injured?

You can say that about pretty much any position apart from QB. The NFL even sees its fair share of great pass rushers and left tackles on shitty teams. Happens quite often.

Let's just take the left tackle position, which many people claim is the 2nd or 3rd most important position in football. The teams around those guys will change, and maybe those guys will see success, but there are a ton of all-time great LTs who don't have rings. Anthony Munoz. Willie Roaf. Joe Thomas. Ron Yary. Walter Jones. And let's take a guy like Orlando Pace, even. Got a ring. Had a nice run of 2-3 years. What happened before and after that playoff stretch with Warner, though? Rams went back to losing.

It's hard to win in football. You spend time acquiring and building your team the right way, and inevitably you're still probably going to spend your career in the era of a superhuman like Patrick Mahomes or a creepy undead robot who protects sexual predators like Bill Belichick.

WRs are in the same boat as everybody else, man.

Red Dawg
03-25-2020, 07:32 PM
They are replaceable like RBs. You need to spend max bucks om one.

BossChief
03-25-2020, 07:38 PM
If they trade Watson for any amount, they deserve to be at the bottom of the division for a decade.

Idiots.

Halfcan
03-25-2020, 08:18 PM
Watson takes a ton of sacks every year. I don't understand why the media has to put him on the same talent level as Mahomes. It really is not that close and the last playoff game against them proved it.

RealSNR
03-25-2020, 10:29 PM
Watson takes a ton of sacks every year. I don't understand why the media has to put him on the same talent level as Mahomes. It really is not that close and the last playoff game against them proved it.

He's a more electric runner than Mahomes without being quite as limited of a thrower as Lamar. That provides for some nifty highlights when he's out of the pocket and extending the play, and it also makes him hard to stop. Just ask Buffalo about that one.

I will continue to doubt his arm, however. It's not about arm strength, either. It's just that like every 5th or 6th routine throw that completely gets away from him. He's still young, I know, but it's a big reason why if Mahomes weren't in the 2017 draft, I don't know if Andy even gives a shit about trading up for a QB. He probably says, "Ehhhh... I'd rather just keep Alex going"

Hoopsdoc
03-26-2020, 12:18 AM
It’s a testament to BOoB’s incompetence that I half seriously opened this thread.

Rasputin
03-26-2020, 02:52 AM
He'd make a great backup to Patrick if we sent Bob a 5th maybe he would go for it?

ILChief
03-26-2020, 05:31 AM

Mahomes is Jordan. Everyone else is competing to be Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, etc. Still great, but nowhere near the best

ILChief
03-26-2020, 05:36 AM
I think the Patriots are tanking for Trevor

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-26-2020, 05:41 AM

& plays air guitar too. So versatile

Dunerdr
03-26-2020, 05:56 AM
two Miami firsts for Deshaun book it. Bob can get the picks he spent to protect deshaun back.

JakeF
03-26-2020, 03:42 PM
Maybe so, but finding a legit QB is THE hardest piece to fill. Getting rid of him would be colossaly stupid, no matter the haul.
Never get rid of a viable starting QB until you have another IN HAND.

Megatron96
03-26-2020, 03:52 PM
Never get rid of a viable starting QB until you have another IN HAND.

Apparently PHI didn't get that memo . . . for that matter, neither did the AZ Cards for a few years.