PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Chiefs just might be the last ever Super Bowl Champions

Matrix
04-04-2020, 08:45 PM
https://twitter.com/markjburns88/status/1246107974600441857

Ubeja Vontell
04-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Only team in history to have played in the first and last Superbowl (I know)

Deberg_1990
04-04-2020, 08:52 PM
Does Mahomes make the Hall of Fame if hes played his last game?

Ubeja Vontell
04-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Does Mahomes make the Hall of Fame if hes played his last game?

He did what Gale Sayers did, which was.....never seen anything like this before. So....yep!!!!!!

BossChief
04-04-2020, 11:54 PM
Sports will continue to thrive if the stadiums are full or empty. We will get vaccines and beat this thing.

Tyreek is going to re-define “social distancing” on defenders.

Ubeja Vontell
04-04-2020, 11:59 PM
Sports will continue to thrive if the stadiums are full or empty. We will get vaccines and beat this thing.

Tyreek is going to re-define “social distancing” on defenders.

Love it...

Tyreek "Social Distancing" Hill

:thumb:

Sassy Squatch
04-05-2020, 12:02 AM
Like nothing will ever change as far as a cure or other medical advances.

TinyEvel
04-05-2020, 12:06 AM
Looking at the rising deaths and with it just now spreading faster in certain states and new countries, I was telling a friend today that I don't think we'll have any sports until 2021.When things start to level off its not like they'll just say "Okay everything back at once!"

Firs they'll open the workplaces. then maybe stores, then maybe restaurants and massage parlors, then things with larger crowds. But I think conventions, sports, Las Vegas, etc. will be dark for a while. Sadly.

Also, I think that people will interact with each other very differently after this.

carcosa
04-05-2020, 12:15 AM
I think this NFL season will happen but it might look and feel very weird

CasselGotPeedOn
04-05-2020, 12:25 AM
:facepalm:

rabblerouser
04-05-2020, 01:50 AM
Wrestlemania was weird tonight with no crowd.

ping2000
04-05-2020, 04:55 AM
So a 60,000 seat stadium becomes a 10,000 seat stadium and we sit six seats apart. Sounds fun.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-05-2020, 05:22 AM
Infection knocked off the original Chiefs

Spott
04-05-2020, 05:58 AM
Anything that comes from twitter is generally bs.

493rd
04-05-2020, 06:43 AM
The power of the real virus — the media — is front and center with this crisis. We’ll get through this and things will be different in some regards I’m sure. But relax we’ll deal with it.

IowaHawkeyeChief
04-05-2020, 07:49 AM
If we are not back to sports in the fall, we are beyond what can be repaired in a year or two, the economic collapse will cause way more death than this virus with .7% estimated final mortality. That is worse than the flu, and is serious, but the mortality for healthy individuals is at the flu level or less. It is extremely high for older folks and those compromised. We will have structured back to work plans and those in the vulnerable category will need to follow stricter rules for their own safety. This will allow us develop herd immunity as well. This is what Sweden is doing. The cure can't be worse than the sickness... Today, it was reported, many states are showing double digit increases, some with percentages in the high 20's, for domestic violence calls. Child abuse reports are also increasing dramatically. We hopefully will reach the apex in the next few weeks, and promising therapeutics will be proven and available to minimize symptoms by June. We will have football this fall. JMO

Hoopsdoc
04-05-2020, 08:00 AM
It’s kind of ironic how many said a Chiefs super bowl win would mean the end of the world and now it’s happening.

oldman
04-05-2020, 08:09 AM
I don't if or how a 2020 season might be played, but to say we'll never have sports again is an overreaction. At some point in time, we'll figure out a way to combat COVID-19 and the present crisis will end. However, you can be assured there will be another pandemic. We saw with the Spanish flu, we saw it with H1N1, it's just a matter of time. This is why we can't gut the CDC or our pandemic response team. This is why we have to quit inventing aliments to sell drugs that will only cause side effects that can be cured with another drug.

stumppy
04-05-2020, 08:22 AM
Until there is another SuperBowl the Chiefs will be...

The Reining World Champions

notorious
04-05-2020, 08:31 AM
Looking at the rising deaths and with it just now spreading faster in certain states and new countries, I was telling a friend today that I don't think we'll have any sports until 2021.When things start to level off its not like they'll just say "Okay everything back at once!"

Firs they'll open the workplaces. then maybe stores, then maybe restaurants and massage parlors, then things with larger crowds. But I think conventions, sports, Las Vegas, etc. will be dark for a while. Sadly.

Also, I think that people will interact with each other very differently after this.

I disagree with pretty much everything you posted.

What will open first is the places where money is important. Vegas and sports.

Everything else will follow quickly.

RealSNR
04-05-2020, 09:24 AM
I'm getting really fucking sick of all the goddamn Eeyores out there regarding this virus.

Fuck off. Seriously, just fuck off. Play the games without fans until we're able to effectively control this thing.

Problem. Fucking. Solved.

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2020, 09:30 AM
Fear mongering the real virus

Chiefshrink
04-05-2020, 09:31 AM
I disagree with pretty much everything you posted.

What will open first is the places where money is important. Vegas and sports.

Everything else will follow quickly.

Agreed. As the ol saying goes, "Follow the $$". Capitalists of every industry will only "play ball"(a la shutdown for so long) and then "play ball" will happen. Greed RULES ALL in this corrupt world. Never forget that.;)

The rat that I smell on this whole C-19 supposed pandemic is smelling worse by the day IMHO.

Chiefshrink
04-05-2020, 09:36 AM

This a million times.

carcosa
04-05-2020, 09:43 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and point out that the coronavirus is literally the "real virus"

jerryaldini
04-05-2020, 10:03 AM
Probably should listen to those who will make the decision. NFL's chief medical officer said Thursday

"As long as we're still in a place where when a single individual tests positive for the virus that you have to quarantine every single person who was in contact with them in any shape, form or fashion, then I don't think you can begin to think about reopening a team sport," Sills said. "Because we're going to have positive cases for a very long time."

As Cuomo said today, until rapid results testing is available at scale there won't be normalization. And of course large scale gatherings will be last to come back online.

Chiefshrink
04-05-2020, 10:32 AM
"Because we're going to have positive cases for a very long time."

Just like the flu virus. Has the flu virus(which has killed many elderly in the past around the world) ever shut down a global economy before ?;)

IowaHawkeyeChief
04-05-2020, 10:43 AM
Agreed. As the ol saying goes, "Follow the $$". Capitalists of every industry will only "play ball"(a la shutdown for so long) and then "play ball" will happen. Greed RULES ALL in this corrupt world. Never forget that.;)

The rat that I smell on this whole C-19 supposed pandemic is smelling worse by the day IMHO.

It was actually a Bat... :eek:

saphojunkie
04-05-2020, 11:38 AM
Just like the flu virus. Has the flu virus(which has killed many elderly in the past around the world) ever shut down a global economy before ?;)

How are you people still not getting it

FloridaMan88
04-05-2020, 11:41 AM
The NFL and college football will be back in full force this fall.

America will only tolerate this overreaction/shutdown shit for so long.

oldman
04-05-2020, 12:04 PM
I'm getting really ****ing sick of all the goddamn Eeyores out there regarding this virus.

**** off. Seriously, just **** off. Play the games without fans until we're able to effectively control this thing.

Problem. ****ing. Solved.

Playing the games without fans won't solve much. The players will be in contact with other players. Those players have families, buy groceries, etc. How will we watch the games without camera operators, the folks in the little trailers outside, and the replay officials in New York? Seriously, I think the NFLPA would have some valid concerns.

Deberg_1990
04-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Playing the games without fans won't solve much. The players will be in contact with other players. Those players have families, buy groceries, etc. How will we watch the games without camera operators, the folks in the little trailers outside, and the replay officials in New York? Seriously, I think the NFLPA would have some valid concerns.

Exactly. I don’t understand how the WWE is still operating? The wrestlers are obviously still in close contact with one another

swifty32661
04-05-2020, 12:50 PM
If we are not back to sports in the fall, we are beyond what can be repaired in a year or two, the economic collapse will cause way more death than this virus with .7% estimated final mortality. That is worse than the flu, and is serious, but the mortality for healthy individuals is at the flu level or less. It is extremely high for older folks and those compromised. We will have structured back to work plans and those in the vulnerable category will need to follow stricter rules for their own safety. This will allow us develop herd immunity as well. This is what Sweden is doing. The cure can't be worse than the sickness... Today, it was reported, many states are showing double digit increases, some with percentages in the high 20's, for domestic violence calls. Child abuse reports are also increasing dramatically. We hopefully will reach the apex in the next few weeks, and promising therapeutics will be proven and available to minimize symptoms by June. We will have football this fall. JMO

Thanks for the dose of sanity. I'm sick of this overreaction BS

swifty32661
04-05-2020, 12:51 PM
How are you people still not getting it

How about you explain it to us idiots, genius?

Discuss Thrower
04-05-2020, 01:06 PM

It is highly probable this will be the first fall in a hundred years where no one plays a single down of football.

Skyy God
04-05-2020, 01:08 PM
No, but this should be the last of OP’s thread starting privledges.

RealSNR
04-05-2020, 01:37 PM
THE LAST EVER SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

NO MORE FOOTBALL. EVER. NO MORE LARGE GATHERINGS OF MORE THAN A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE, GUYS! IT'S TOTALLY POSSIBLE!!!! IT COULD HAPPEN!

Titty Meat
04-05-2020, 01:39 PM
Really dumb thread

R Clark
04-05-2020, 01:45 PM
You know if you have to abuse your wife or children because of what’s going on then you should be1st in line to be culled from the herd. God damn losers to begin with but to blame it on this wow .

LoneWolf
04-05-2020, 01:49 PM
It is highly probable this will be the first fall in a hundred years where no one plays a single down of football.

Seriously, you should go out and walk in to oncoming traffic. You make Debbie Downer look like Richard Simmons on extasy.

SAUTO
04-05-2020, 01:50 PM
You know if you have to abuse your wife or children because of what’s going on then you should be1st in line to be culled from the herd. God damn losers to begin with but to blame it on this wow .

Wrong thread?

bowener
04-05-2020, 02:08 PM
The power of the real virus — the media — is front and center with this crisis. We’ll get through this and things will be different in some regards I’m sure. But relax we’ll deal with it.

Wait, what? Can you walk me through the point you are trying to make?

R Clark
04-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Wrong thread?

Yep sorry bout that

KChiefs1
04-05-2020, 04:02 PM
This will be cleared up by September.

I hope teams can get by with 2 weeks of training camp & one preseason game.

Mahomes_Is_God
04-05-2020, 04:48 PM

Exactly.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-05-2020, 05:33 PM

Sadly ,i don't think so. Until this is resolved with successful vaccination and immunity. You can't put 100 football players together with body fluids being exchanged at a high level. No way they can have contact until this is resolved.

And this just shows how cursed our team is. We get the generational QB we've so long needed, win a SB and the world goes into a pandemic to wipe out PMII's best years.

FUCK!

TwistedChief
04-05-2020, 05:44 PM
Sadly ,i don't think so. Until this is resolved with successful vaccination and immunity. You can't put 100 football players together with body fluids being exchanged at a high level. No way they can have contact until this is resolved.

And this just shows how cursed our team is. We get the generational QB we've so long needed, win a SB and the world goes into a pandemic to wipe out PMII's best years.

FUCK!

We won a Super Bowl. If you still think we're cursed because we can't defend our championship, you'll never be satisfied.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-05-2020, 06:09 PM
We won a Super Bowl. If you still think we're cursed because we can't defend our championship, you'll never be satisfied.

That SB win ended life as we know it. Cursed!

chiefqueen
04-05-2020, 07:42 PM
I think the 2020 NFL season will be cancelled a few days after the 2020 college FB season is cancelled. The 2020 college FB will be cancelled before the month of April is over IMO. From what I am seeing on the internet is that some schools are very hesitant about playing college FB this when there was not a full off-season conditioning program because they believe this will lead to an inordinate number of player injuries if they try to play college FB this fall.

Demonpenz
04-05-2020, 09:42 PM
You think the NFL will be back? Poor fatties in the trenches will die if they get corona

Ubeja Vontell
04-05-2020, 09:44 PM
No football at any level in 2020 will suck long and hard, but it will be back in 2021. I pity the colleges and HS kids , this is very sad for them, the pros will be ok.

What about a 16 team NFL?

Demonpenz
04-05-2020, 09:47 PM
Ted Washington Gilbert brown Vince Wilfork would all die if they got corona