PDA

View Full Version : Football Aldon Smith

493rd
04-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Just watched his interview with Glazer. Guy seems humble, remorseful, and motivated. I hope I’m right in saying that he could be a force this year. Time will tell.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-09-2020, 09:16 PM
And?

Jewish Rabbi
04-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Is this Chiefsplanet or Cowboysplanet?

493rd
04-09-2020, 09:24 PM
And nothing. I thought I posted this in the football lounge. If I didn’t feel free to move mods. I like redemption stories and will gladly accept any positive shit I can get my hands on now.

TimeForWasp
04-09-2020, 09:30 PM
It's Aldon Smith planet.

Ubeja Vontell
04-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Big difference between 26 and 30ish, the guy simply grew up, matured. If he wants it he could be a real force, the guy was a stud, smart move by Dallas.....I think

MarkDavis'Haircut
04-09-2020, 09:49 PM
He is an idiot.

POND_OF_RED
04-09-2020, 10:14 PM
And nothing. I thought I posted this in the football lounge. If I didn’t feel free to move mods. I like redemption stories and will gladly accept any positive shit I can get my hands on now.

Redemption stories usually revolve around people being dealt a shitty hand and overcoming the obstacles. Not a person getting lucky enough to survive all of his own fuckups just to have a chance to continue being a millionaire. This is coming from a Mizzou fan too. Fuck that idiot.

Strongside
04-09-2020, 10:15 PM
Hey.

You.

Yeah, you.

Who gives a fuck?

Ubeja Vontell
04-09-2020, 10:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kIUgirJmawY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the guy finally has his head screwed on right he could be a beast. Hell, he was a beast.

We all did stupid shit once upon a time, people do change.

POND_OF_RED
04-09-2020, 10:40 PM
We all did stupid shit once upon a time, people do change.

He’s proved he won’t though.. Most people don’t get the opportunity to bounce back from like 5 DUI’s, domestic violence, felony assault weapon charges, and bomb threats at LAX. What a wonderful feel-good redemption story. I’m really excited to see how Harvey Weinstein bounces back with his next film too.

Ubeja Vontell
04-09-2020, 10:53 PM
He’s proved he won’t though.. Most people don’t get the opportunity to bounce back from like 5 DUI’s, domestic violence, felony assault weapon charges, and bomb threats at LAX. What a wonderful feel-good redemption story. I’m really excited to see how Harvey Weinstein bounces back with his next film too.

So according to you what you do before 30 stays with you forever, right? I'm nothing like I was at 26ish, how about you?

Won't bore you with stories of thugs far worst off than Smith finding God and everything in their life changed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PLBY9e8GGhc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sprinter Justin Gatlin was suspended for 4 years for PED usuage, he would come back around 30ish run faster than ever and win the World Championships at 34.

Notice the gap between 2006 and 2011, look at what he ran after 2011.

Year Result Place Venue Date
2001 10.08 17 Eugene Jun 02
2002 10.05 15 Knoxville Apr 06
2003 9.97 5 Zürich Aug 15
2004 9.85 1 Athens Aug 22
2005 9.88 2 Helsinki Aug 07
2006 9.77 1 Doha May 12
2011 9.95 16 Eugene, OR Jun 24
2012 9.79 3 London Aug 05
2013 9.85 3 Moskva Aug 11
2014 9.77 1 Bruxelles Sep 05
2015 9.74 1 Doha May 15
2016 9.80 1 Eugene, OR Jul 03
2017 9.92 5 London (Olympic Stadium) Aug 05
2019 9.87 4 Palo Alto, CA (USA) Jun 30

Sorry
04-09-2020, 10:54 PM
I’d argue Aldon smith was more dangerous to getting to the qb than von Miller.. but he was a flash in the pan. He also benefited from cowboy smith drawing double teams

baitism
04-09-2020, 10:57 PM
Dude's been out of football for four years and is now 30. I wouldn't expect much.

Sorry
04-09-2020, 11:32 PM
Dude's been out of football for four years and is now 30. I wouldn't expect much.

30s not too old, we aren't talking about running back thats been getting beat up by 250lb + dudes for years. It all boils down to his physique and mental state. If he was primed and ready to go then he will be VERY dangerous for the cowboys, particularly on second and third downs.

POND_OF_RED
04-09-2020, 11:56 PM
So according to you what you do before 30 stays with you forever, right? I'm nothing like I was at 26ish, how about you?

Won't bore you with stories of thugs far worst off than Smith finding God and everything in their life changed.

I’m pretty similar to what I was at 26. It doesn’t take a lot of us that long to ****ing grow up. If you did the same things that Smith did than I’d call you a ****ing idiot too. The fact of the matter is that you didn’t get caught doing half that amount of shit or you would be posting from prison unless you have NFL fame and money.

Ubeja Vontell
04-10-2020, 12:06 AM
I’m pretty similar to what I was at 26. It doesn’t take a lot of us that long to ****ing grow up. If you did the same things that Smith did than I’d call you a ****ing idiot too. The fact of the matter is that you didn’t get caught doing half that amount of shit or you would be posting from prison unless you have NFL fame and money.

So he should be doing what instead of trying to play football again? No 30 isn't old, so he needs to .....well I screwed up a few years ago......that's it's forget ever doing or tying anything ever again. Is that what you are saying?

POND_OF_RED
04-10-2020, 12:12 AM
So he should be doing what instead of trying to play football again? No 30 isn't old, so he needs to .....well I screwed up a few years ago......that's it's forget ever doing or tying anything ever again. Is that what you are saying?

I’m saying I’m not rooting for the guy and it’s not a fucking “redemption story” Just like no one was rooting for Justin Gatlin. Cheaters and criminals don’t make the best “feel-good” underdogs.

Ubeja Vontell
04-10-2020, 12:17 AM
I’m saying I’m not rooting for the guy and it’s not a ****ing “redemption story” Just like no one was rooting for Justin Gatlin. Cheaters and criminals don’t make the best “feel-good” underdogs.

Gatlin came back better than ever and his story will have a happy ending, this could be the Aldon Smith story also, we will see, But.....all for him doing what he can to make things right.

Sorry
04-10-2020, 12:24 AM
I’m saying I’m not rooting for the guy and it’s not a ****ing “redemption story” Just like no one was rooting for Justin Gatlin. Cheaters and criminals don’t make the best “feel-good” underdogs.

I get it, but you're kinda being dickish but I get it lol. I think a redemption story would be if he tried do something positive off the field than on at this point. He's a major fucked up and pissed away millions upon millions of dollars.

POND_OF_RED
04-10-2020, 12:27 AM
Gatlin came back better than ever and his story will have a happy ending.

By the few people like you that just love numbers and stats, but the rest of us will remember him getting booed by the entire crowd that race because they didn’t feel he deserved to ever race again. I’m sure he’ll always remember the boos too. Just how I’d want to go out. What a beautiful happy ending.

Ubeja Vontell
04-10-2020, 12:41 AM
By the few people like you that just love numbers and stats, but the rest of us will remember him getting booed by the entire crowd that race because they didn’t feel he deserved to ever race again. I’m sure he’ll always remember the boos too. Just how I’d want to go out. What a beautiful happy ending.

A happy ending compared to if he'd simply not came back. He came back and won a majors again, that would make anyone happy. And if you've ever heard him talk, yep....happy.

I'm into second/third chances, you come off as a...GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Simply Red
04-10-2020, 12:45 AM
Billay wants to create a thread asking if you can catch the rona licking asshole, but he's scared he'll be rompered.

POND_OF_RED
04-10-2020, 01:18 AM
I'm into second/third chances

Well, yeah, I’m sure you’ve been given them your whole life based on just seeing your history here. You want to root for him that’s fine, but don’t be surprised when the majority of us aren’t. You act like the guys been clean for the last 4 years and grown up. You are aware his last arrest was less than a year ago right?

Frazod
04-10-2020, 02:32 AM
When I saw the thread title I just assumed he fucked up already. LMAO

Megatron96
04-10-2020, 02:49 AM
Aldon Smith was a really good DE/LB before he threw his life away. At 30, he should still be in the middle of his prime years. If he's in shape, and he's been studying hard, he could be a top 10-15 DE/LB in the league by season's end.

But I don't think that he's going to keep it together. If he does, well good for him. But my gut tells me that he's going to stumble yet again.

BryanBusby
04-10-2020, 03:10 AM
Billay wants to create a thread asking if you can catch the rona licking asshole, but he's scared he'll be rompered.
It's okay to be shy Billay. Just make sure to use a dental dam and spread plenty of sanitizer on that butthole region

493rd
04-10-2020, 06:41 AM
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/redemption

Sure sounds like a redemption story considering the man overcame alcoholism and worked his ass off to get back to this position.

ThaVirus
04-10-2020, 07:08 AM
I remember back in the day Pacman Jones was pretty crazy as well. Jerry Jones legit hired a personal bodyguard entourage to keep him from wilding out and Jones ended up fighting that dude lol then he got older and chilled out. He played for several years in Cinci without incident until he got into that fight with the dude at the airport (seemed like that guy was in need a good teeth rearranging).

Dez Bryant, Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Leaf: they all turned it around as they got older.. Josh Gordon's still working on it.

We'll see how Aldon does. I'm rooting for him.