PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos trying time trade in front of the Raiders for a WR

staylor26
04-16-2020, 11:31 AM
You have to love seeing two teams in the division fuck each other!

https://mobile.twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1250796246010380290?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1250796246010380290&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fboxden.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2864349

Elway trading up for a WR when he can probably get a top 3 guy at 15 would be hilarious.

RunKC
04-16-2020, 11:40 AM
The Broncos are trying to copy us. Literally.

Drafted Fant to try to get an athletic TE like Kecle.
Drafted Lock with a strong arm who tried to make offschedule throws at the Senior Bowl like Mahomes.
Brought in Pat Shurmur, an Andy Reid disciple, to run a similar offense.

Now they are trying to trade up to get Ruggs to be their Tyreek Hill.

Nice to see our rival in full desperation mode trying so badly to be us LMAO

Shiver Me Timbers
04-16-2020, 12:50 PM
It's just Elway being lazy.
Copy KC
more time to drink

Bowser
04-16-2020, 01:03 PM
I'm not an expert on the Bronco roster, but shouldn't they really be looking to replace Bolles with their first pick? I mean, go get your receiver Elway. Never mind that Lock won't have time to hit him deep downfield.....

Mecca
04-16-2020, 01:04 PM
Henry Ruggs isn't Tyreek Hill though.....he isn't quick and his stop and start isn't electric, his speed is more linear.

Mile High Mania
04-16-2020, 01:08 PM
Wait, so a team trying to get a top TE and a strong QB or a speedy WR is copying KC?

Depending on the Mock - neither of the top 3 will be there at 15. Who knows what will really happen, but I'd rather them trade down in R1 and then up in R2 - two picks in the 22-38 range.

Mile High Mania
04-16-2020, 01:09 PM
I'm not an expert on the Bronco roster, but shouldn't they really be looking to replace Bolles with their first pick? I mean, go get your receiver Elway. Never mind that Lock won't have time to hit him deep downfield.....

If one of the top OTs were to fall to them at 15, I'd be all over it, I think. Lots of good OL options in the first 3 rounds.

Megatron96
04-16-2020, 01:12 PM

They need to find a replacement for Bolles, who is terrible. Mostly because while Drew Lock has potential, he's not Pat and he certainly won't be anything like Pat for at least one or two more seasons. And this draft is deep in WRs; Elway can afford to wait a round before drafting one.

But if he doesn't do something about his OL it won't really matter who he drafts as a WR, Lock won't have time to hit the guy with Bolles at LT.

Eureka
04-16-2020, 01:37 PM
The Raiders have Mike Mayock drafting for them. He doesn't like trading up. I think he will take BPA and he thinks there are great WR available in the first 3 rounds.

He will sit and wait for a WR to drop to his draft position or he will trade back.

Mayock>Elway

pugsnotdrugs19
04-16-2020, 01:52 PM
They’ll both get starting receivers R1... sucks to see but just the way it’s gonna go. Good think the Chiefs are rock solid in the secondary for the most part and can dominate along the LOS.

If KC counters with a starting CB too, all the better.

Dante84
04-16-2020, 01:53 PM
The Raiders have Mike Mayock drafting for them. He doesn't like trading up. I think he will take BPA and he thinks there are great WR available in the first 3 rounds.

He will sit and wait for a WR to drop to his draft position or he will trade back.

Mayock>Elway

True, but remember last year when he took Ferrell at 4th overall? That was insane.

TinyEvel
04-16-2020, 01:54 PM
I'm so happy to be the team in the division that's not completely f-ed and trying to figure out how to not be a dumpster fire next season.

Sassy Squatch
04-16-2020, 01:56 PM
True, but remember last year when he took Ferrell at 4th overall? That was insane.
Could've had Josh Allen. Egregious stupidity.

Shields68
04-16-2020, 02:01 PM
Henry Ruggs isn't Tyreek Hill though.....he isn't quick and his stop and start isn't electric, his speed is more linear.

Might be reason for the trade up, rather have Lamb or Judy. The move not only moves them in front of the Raiders but the Jets as well. Who also need a wr bad.

Chieftain
04-16-2020, 02:11 PM
The Ferrell pick was another example of a GM outsmarting himself. It happens in every draft.

Chieftain
04-16-2020, 02:13 PM
Might be reason for the trade up, rather have Lamb or Judy. The move not only moves them in front of the Raiders but the Jets as well. Who also need a wr bad.

I think Jeudy is a much better overall player. Lamb has more athleticism but Jeudy is the better route runner and stronger athlete.
Honestly I don't think Lamb is 1st round worthy.

Shoes
04-16-2020, 02:26 PM
I think Jeudy is a much better overall player. Lamb has more athleticism but Jeudy is the better route runner and stronger athlete.
Honestly I don't think Lamb is 1st round worthy.

Hot Take.

Mecca
04-16-2020, 02:27 PM
Lamb is Chad Johnson....

TEX
04-16-2020, 02:35 PM
Wait, so a team trying to get a top TE and a strong QB or a speedy WR is copying KC?

Depending on the Mock - neither of the top 3 will be there at 15. Who knows what will really happen, but I'd rather them trade down in R1 and then up in R2 - two picks in the 22-38 range.

Not necessarily, but you can bet that Denver sure as hell is, especially if Ruggs is the target. I find it very satisfying and funny that Elway is trying to copy the team that owns Denver. Gotta try something different, because what he's been doing certainly isn't working. LMAO

RealSNR
04-16-2020, 02:40 PM

Mayock>Elway
To be fair, lots of GMs > Elway

Eureka
04-16-2020, 02:43 PM

Well that remains to be seen and Ferrell could turn out to be a great pick as it's to soon to judge. Ferrell had as many sacks as Mack did his first year. If he didn't draft him at #4 he wasn't going to get him and he probably wasn't able to trade back.

He did draft Max Crosby in the 4th round. Crosby was the rookie DPOY runner up.

Obviously Mayock is going to do what he thinks is best and not what the pundits say is best. Thus the Ferrell pick.

Mecca
04-16-2020, 02:44 PM
It's going to be quite amusing when the Raiders use that 12th pick on Jordan Love.

MahomesMagic
04-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Hopefully it is not Jeudy. Jeudy is going to be a top 10 NFL WR the moment he steps on the field.

Eureka
04-16-2020, 02:47 PM
To be fair, lots of GMs > Elway

True, thus the trade up for the WR.

Although Atlanta did give up a butt load of picks to draft Julio Jones and that worked out really well for them. Unfortunately for Elway I don't see a Julio type WR in this draft.

Titty Meat
04-16-2020, 02:51 PM
Lamb and Ruggs are superior talents. Dumb thread.

Fat Elvis
04-16-2020, 02:51 PM
To be fair, lots of GMs dirty socks > Elway

FYP

Monty
04-16-2020, 02:52 PM
I'm so happy to be the team in the division that's not completely f-ed and trying to figure out how to not be a dumpster fire next season.

Or launching that new uniform look to get the fan base excited. :rolleyes:

staylor26
04-16-2020, 02:58 PM
Lamb and Ruggs are superior talents. Dumb thread.

To who? Each other and Jeudy? I said “top 3” moron.

This draft is loaded at WR. If you’re going to sit at 15 and take whichever of those top 3 makes it to your pick then fine, but trading up for Ruggs when you have a lot of other needs is overly aggressive and not the best value.

Especially when you might still be able to get your guy at 15. They don’t know which one the Raiders like. Those 3 guys are all very close.

Shields68
04-16-2020, 03:06 PM

This draft is loaded at WR. If you’re going to sit at 15 and take whichever of those top 3 makes it to your pick then fine, but trading up for Ruggs when you have a lot of other needs is overly aggressive and not the best value.

Especially when you might still be able to get your guy at 15. They don’t know which one the Raiders like. Those 3 guys are all very close.

It would also be even a dumber move if you let it leak on who you are trading up to take.

MahomesMagic
04-16-2020, 03:14 PM

Depends who is doing the evaluating. I don't think Ruggs is a comparable talent to Jeudy.

I think Jeudy is a #1 WR in the NFL and Ruggs will be a nice vertical #2..like a Will Fuller.

staylor26
04-16-2020, 03:21 PM
Depends who is doing the evaluating. I don't think Ruggs is a comparable talent to Jeudy.

I think Jeudy is a #1 WR in the NFL and Ruggs will be a nice vertical #2..like a Will Fuller.

Exactly. They’re trading up for the guy that’s WR3 because they think he’s Tyreek Hill 2.0 when if they just sat at 15 Jeudy could possibly fall into their lap.

Shields68
04-16-2020, 03:38 PM
Exactly. They’re trading up for the guy that’s WR3 because they think he’s Tyreek Hill 2.0 when if they just sat at 15 Jeudy could possibly fall into their lap.

This rumor is based on John deciding he needs a Wr in the first and scared that Ruggs, Lamb and Judy go to Raiders, Jets and Niners right before the Broncos pick.

RunKC
04-16-2020, 03:42 PM

They are desperate for speed at receiver so safeties will have to account for a field stretcher to help Fant and Sutton get 1x1 looks which would help Lock succeed.

Mims, Raegor and a couple other WR’a give you that though. If they’re trading up, their best bet is to get a tackle to replace Mongo

Mile High Mania
04-16-2020, 03:57 PM
Not necessarily, but you can bet that Denver sure as hell is, especially if Ruggs is the target. I find it very satisfying and funny that Elway is trying to copy the team that owns Denver. Gotta try something different, because what he's been doing certainly isn't working. LMAO

Weird... so, is KC the first team to have a top QB, TE, WR? What is unique there?

Scooter LaCanforno
04-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Ruggs will go to the JETS.

staylor26
04-16-2020, 04:13 PM
This rumor is based on John deciding he needs a Wr in the first and scared that Ruggs, Lamb and Judy go to Raiders, Jets and Niners right before the Broncos pick.

I don’t see the Jets taking a WR. They have a gaping hole at LT. They can get a starting WR at the top of the 2nd.

Titty Meat
04-16-2020, 04:26 PM

When you respond back to me make sure its respectful lil bitch

eDave
04-16-2020, 05:05 PM

Why are the Bronco's even trying anymore?

TEX
04-16-2020, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=Mile High Mania;14912145]Weird... so, is KC the first team to have a top QB, TE, WR? What is unique there?[/QUOTE

No. Weird that you can't see a possible Ruggs target as Denver trying to find a player like Tyreek Hill. Who is unique.

manchambo
04-16-2020, 06:21 PM

I’ve noticed that KC usually uses 11 players, sometimes calls run plays, and sometimes runs passing plays. Obviously copying Denver.

staylor26
04-16-2020, 06:24 PM
I’ve noticed that KC usually uses 11 players, sometimes calls run plays, and sometimes runs passing plays. Obviously copying Denver.

So it’s just a coincidence that the players most often compared to Lock. Fant, and Ruggs are Mahomes, Kelce, and Ruggs?

Just a big coincidence huh?

Rain Man
04-16-2020, 06:34 PM
Given their offensive line, they should be looking for the receiver who runs the best 2-yard routes.

I'll be a little bummed if one of those top tackles slides to them and Elway accidentally drafts him.

manchambo
04-16-2020, 07:05 PM
So it’s just a coincidence that the players most often compared to Lock. Fant, and Ruggs are Mahomes, Kelce, and Ruggs?

Not a coincidence really. Just the fact that most teams try to get good players.

Infidel Goat
04-16-2020, 07:28 PM
Good Lock to the Broncos replicating our success without Mahomes at QB.

DrRyan
04-17-2020, 10:01 AM

I do find the Ruggs to Hill comparison comical at best. Hill is an ELITE route runner. Easily top 10, I would argue top 5 in the league at creating separation in all his routes, not just the 9. In reading about Ruggs, not once have I seen anyone tout his route running.

MahomesMagic
04-17-2020, 10:52 AM
I do find the Ruggs to Hill comparison comical at best. Hill is an ELITE route runner. Easily top 10, I would argue top 5 in the league at creating separation in all his routes, not just the 9. In reading about Ruggs, not once have I seen anyone tout his route running.

Ruggs has one NFL caliber route, the hitch and go. He's amazing at that.

The rest of the time he isn't fast unless he is running in a straight line or has the ball in his hands.

TEX
04-17-2020, 10:55 AM

Hill may also be the absolute best in the league at tracking the ball. Ruggs is very average at best at it.

MahomesMagic
04-17-2020, 10:58 AM
Hill may also be the absolute best in the league at tracking the ball. Ruggs is very average at best at it.

I would laugh so hard if the Broncos traded up for Ruggs and we got KJ Hamler with our 2nd round pick.

Mile High Mania
04-17-2020, 11:01 AM
I would laugh so hard if the Broncos traded up for Ruggs and we got KJ Hamler with our 2nd round pick.

Would rather them take Reagor or Hamler, Reagor won’t last past R1 though.

MahomesMagic
04-17-2020, 11:03 AM
Would rather them take Reagor or Hamler, Reagor won’t last past R1 though.

They can have Reagor. Would not want them to get KJ.

Mile High Mania
04-17-2020, 11:04 AM
They can have Reagor. Would not want them to get KJ.

I think they may need to move up in R2 for KJ. Take BPA or trade down in R1, plenty of talent, no need to trade up from 15.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-17-2020, 11:17 AM

Looks more like DeSean Jackson than Tyreek.

staylor26
04-17-2020, 12:34 PM
Looks more like DeSean Jackson than Tyreek.

I like the Mike Wallace comparison the most.

RunKC
04-17-2020, 02:11 PM
Unfortunately Denver has a really good staff now with the addition of Shurmur.

If Lock doesn’t look great this year with this staff and weapons, then he sucks.

jdubya
04-17-2020, 04:20 PM
Well that remains to be seen and Ferrell could turn out to be a great pick as it's to soon to judge. Ferrell had as many sacks as Mack did his first year. If he didn't draft him at #4 he wasn't going to get him and he probably wasn't able to trade back.

He did draft Max Crosby in the 4th round. Crosby was the rookie DPOY runner up.

Obviously Mayock is going to do what he thinks is best and not what the pundits say is best. Thus the Ferrell pick.

They also had Ferrell playing a couple of different positions......thats tough on anybody much less a rookie. I think Ferrell will prove to be a very very good player.

jdubya
04-18-2020, 02:00 PM

Ruggs is a freak though. Phenomenally athletic, good hands and he is fast enough to worry D coordinators. I dont want him on any of our divisions rosters.

Chiefshrink
04-18-2020, 02:27 PM

I live out here in Denver and keep close eye on the enemy and this has been their achilles heel for sure since Manning left, not addressing the o-line 'appropriately'.

Chiefshrink
04-18-2020, 02:30 PM
"Waterbug" effect. There have only been 2 players that have exhibited to me in the last 40yrs that can stop, start, on a dime, change directions and rarely lose any acceleration doing so and that has been Barry Sanders and presently Tyreek Hill.

Thiggy#4
04-18-2020, 05:14 PM
"Waterbug" effect. There have only been 2 players that have exhibited to me in the last 40yrs that can stop, start, on a dime, change directions and rarely lose any acceleration doing so and that has been Barry Sanders and presently Tyreek Hill.

Homerism at it's finest.......Not saying it's common but 2 in the last 40 years???C,mon man.

RunKC
04-18-2020, 06:43 PM
I like the Mike Wallace comparison the most.

That’s a pretty good comparison. I like the Ted Ginn comparison myself.

Here’s to hoping these guys trade up to take this guy in the top 10

TomBarndtsTwin
04-18-2020, 06:49 PM
Any extra draft capital the Donkos wanna dump to move up to get a guy (when they could probably just stay put and be as successful) I’m certainly all for.

Trade those picks and move up, Johnny Boy!!

RunKC
04-19-2020, 05:38 PM
Elway wants Jeudy. That would suck bc that guy is gonna be a great pro IMO

Chieftain
04-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Why don't the Lions draft Jeudy? I have yet to see him in any of the mock drafts go to the Lions. With Golladay being their top receiver, they could use a WR1 as much as any team. I am certain he would have a bigger impact on that team than a guy like Okudah.

RealSNR
04-19-2020, 06:57 PM
Why don't the Lions draft Jeudy? I have yet to see him in any of the mock drafts go to the Lions. With Golladay being their top receiver, they could use a WR1 as much as any team. I am certain he would have a bigger impact on that team than a guy like Okudah.
I'd be furious if I were a Lions fan.

If the Lions kept Slay and gave him the extension he got with the Eagles, how much more are they paying than the contract for the #3 overall pick, assuming it's Okudah? $5 or $6 million per year? Plus they get a 3rd and a 5th round pick out of it?

It's one thing to burn a top draft pick like that in an Eric Fisher year, but it's quite another to do it when you have multiple options available to you in the draft for players worth that selection. And if it's more draft picks they want, then freaking trade down. Find some dumbass Ryan Pace asshole who will give you that 3rd and a 5th to move up a few spots. You'll probably get MORE than that in the trade.

That's the kind of move rebuilding teams make. That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. Teams occasionally have to rebuild. But don't do it on top of a time when you're trying to add talent so you can apparently compete in a brutally competitive division.

Thiggy#4
04-20-2020, 12:03 PM

I think he's gonna be a bust...This years Kevin White imo

Mecca
04-20-2020, 12:07 PM
I'd be furious if I were a Lions fan.

If the Lions kept Slay and gave him the extension he got with the Eagles, how much more are they paying than the contract for the #3 overall pick, assuming it's Okudah? $5 or $6 million per year? Plus they get a 3rd and a 5th round pick out of it?

It's one thing to burn a top draft pick like that in an Eric Fisher year, but it's quite another to do it when you have multiple options available to you in the draft for players worth that selection. And if it's more draft picks they want, then freaking trade down. Find some dumbass Ryan Pace asshole who will give you that 3rd and a 5th to move up a few spots. You'll probably get MORE than that in the trade.

That's the kind of move rebuilding teams make. That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. Teams occasionally have to rebuild. But don't do it on top of a time when you're trying to add talent so you can apparently compete in a brutally competitive division.

They're also likely to trade out of 3....

ThyKingdomCome15
04-20-2020, 03:20 PM
These rumors of the Chiefs looking to move up for Ruggs will only fuel Denver wanting him.

Mile High Mania
04-21-2020, 10:58 AM
These rumors of the Chiefs looking to move up for Ruggs will only fuel Denver wanting him.

And, there it is... the first to suggest that if the Broncos trade up, the Chiefs forced them into it. Well played. Wildly innaccurate, but well played.

I won't be shocked if they trade up, draft at 15 or trade back. If they trade up, I just hope they aren't giving up too much in R2-R4. I like those picks quite a bit for the value they have with this draft.

TEX
04-21-2020, 12:41 PM
And, there it is... the first to suggest that if the Broncos trade up, the Chiefs forced them into it. Well played. Wildly innaccurate, but well played.

I won't be shocked if they trade up, draft at 15 or trade back. If they trade up, I just hope they aren't giving up too much in R2-R4. I like those picks quite a bit for the value they have with this draft.

Paxton Lynch says hello...

Mecca
04-21-2020, 12:42 PM
I actually think the idea of the Broncos moving for a WR is a smokescreen, if anything they're moving for a LT.

Mile High Mania
04-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Paxton Lynch says hello...

Who?

RunKC
04-21-2020, 01:51 PM
I actually think the idea of the Broncos moving for a WR is a smokescreen, if anything they're moving for a LT.

Lot of rumors that they are trying to jump back into the late first for Austin Jackson or Josh Jones.

They’ve got three 3rd rd picks so the ammo is there

L.A. Chieffan
04-21-2020, 01:52 PM
The Broncos are trying to copy us. Literally.

Drafted Fant to try to get an athletic TE like Kecle.
Drafted Lock with a strong arm who tried to make offschedule throws at the Senior Bowl like Mahomes.
Brought in Pat Shurmur, an Andy Reid disciple, to run a similar offense.

Now they are trying to trade up to get Ruggs to be their Tyreek Hill.

Nice to see our rival in full desperation mode trying so badly to be us LMAO

Rival? Those chumps haven't beaten us since Obama was in office. CHUMPS!

Mile High Mania
04-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Lot of rumors that they are trying to jump back into the late first for Austin Jackson or Josh Jones.

They’ve got three 3rd rd picks so the ammo is there

I'd much rather them package R2 and something to move up from 46 and closer to 30. Keep 15 or trade back a few and if you can move up in R2 - go for it.

RunKC
04-21-2020, 04:44 PM
I will laugh my ass off if these guys trade into the top 10 for Ruggs LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PFTPM?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PFTPM</a>, Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III says he has heard &quot;constantly&quot; from the <a href="https://twitter.com/Raiders?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Raiders</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Broncos</a>, and <a href="https://twitter.com/49ers?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@49ers</a> <a href="https://t.co/9Evj9rYqMV">https://t.co/9Evj9rYqMV</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1252698269555310594?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mile High Mania
04-24-2020, 06:02 AM
Well, they did not trade up for him... and I like the pick. They need to move up now in R2 and focus on OL.

Hopefully it is not Jeudy. Jeudy is going to be a top 10 NFL WR the moment he steps on the field.

TomBarndtsTwin
04-24-2020, 07:22 AM
Donkos got either the best or 2nd best WR in the draft and didn't have to trade any picks for him. That's a win for them. They need to address that O-Line BADLY now or Lock will have zero time to get anyone the ball.

Raiders WR pick was okay. Don't know that Ruggs fits their offense as well as other WR could have. He's not Tyreek Hill, despite what pundits keep saying. And they don't have the ideal QB to get him the ball downfield. But I guess we'll see.

Faid and Donkos clearly decided that rather than try and stop the Chiefs and Mahomes, they need to try and outscore them. The Faid offense doesn't scare me in the least, even with Ruggs. Donkos offense COULD be really good, but ONLY if they address that O-Line big time. Lock's still gonna get killed at this point. I assume they'll be investing in O-Line today, at least, that's what they should be doing.

Mile High Mania
04-24-2020, 07:24 AM
Donkos got either the best or 2nd best WR in the draft and didn't have to trade any picks for him. That's a win for them. They need to address that O-Line BADLY now or Lock will have zero time to get anyone the ball.

Raiders WR pick was okay. Don't know that Ruggs fits their offense as well as other WR could have. He's not Tyreek Hill, despite what pundits keep saying. And they don't have the ideal QB to get him the ball downfield. But I guess we'll see.

Faid and Donkos clearly decided that rather than try and stop the Chiefs and Mahomes, they need to try and outscore them. The Faid offense doesn't scare me in the least, even with Ruggs. Donkos offense COULD be really good, but ONLY if they address that O-Line big time. Lock's still gonna get killed at this point. I assume they'll be investing in O-Line today, at least, that's what they should be doing.

Yeah, and with 4 picks today and 9 total this weekend, they have the ability to move around. Would love to see OT/C in Day 2.