PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Michael Jordan's Personal Trainer espouses Jordan's regiment

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2020, 10:40 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iTFtY6KgS58" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
04-18-2020, 11:14 PM
Mahomes needs to give that guy a ton of money.

Abba-Dabba
04-19-2020, 05:24 AM
His definition of client seems to be which athletes he has worked with that has had extreme success in sports. Very strange definition. But hey, we all have our own deviations in life.

Rasputin
04-19-2020, 05:43 AM
His definition of client seems to be which athletes he has worked with that has had extreme success in sports. Very strange definition. But hey, we all have our own deviations in life.

His definition of client is working years with that client not just a few hours or months giving advice to an individual, but years of figuring out what best methods to use to get that 1% extra edge.

I think you miss understood what he was saying.

kccrow
04-19-2020, 05:52 AM

I think it's more of a definition related to an older definition as a dependent versus that of a consultee. If I give you a short amount of my time in consultation, you aren't really a client in terms of being dependent upon my service. For him, if he's calling someone a client, they've become dependent on his services for a significant amount of time.

I think that's more common in business than one would think. The company I work for, you may buy some of our time and we train you to use a particular software or perform some type of database cleaning service and that's a short cycle time. You're temporarily a "customer," but we'd never reference you as a customer. You've basically become a statistic in our revenue stream. Our "customers" are those that have purchased our software, regularly rely on our services, and have constant communications with.

Abba-Dabba
04-19-2020, 08:40 AM
His definition of client is working years with that client not just a few hours or months giving advice to an individual, but years of figuring out what best methods to use to get that 1% extra edge.

I think you miss understood what he was saying.

Client isn't time based. It's service based. You either have on-going clients, or ex-clients.

Picking and choosing who you deem as your client based upon their success , for your own marketing purposes is just that, marketing.

I would still like to hear who were his "clients" are that didn't have this enormous success. Or is every body this guy trains suddenly gold? Nah. That's a load of horse shit.

Like he deserves some credit for these great talents success. Pfft.

Abba-Dabba
04-19-2020, 08:41 AM
I think it's more of a definition related to an older definition as a dependent versus that of a consultee. If I give you a short amount of my time in consultation, you aren't really a client in terms of being dependent upon my service. For him, if he's calling someone a client, they've become dependent on his services for a significant amount of time.

I think that's more common in business than one would think. The company I work for, you may buy some of our time and we train you to use a particular software or perform some type of database cleaning service and that's a short cycle time. You're temporarily a "customer," but we'd never reference you as a customer. You've basically become a statistic in our revenue stream. Our "customers" are those that have purchased our software, regularly rely on our services, and have constant communications with.

Consultants don't have clients?

kcclone
04-19-2020, 10:46 AM
Oh boy

Rasputin
04-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Client isn't time based. It's service based. You either have on-going clients, or ex-clients.

Picking and choosing who you deem as your client based upon their success , for your own marketing purposes is just that, marketing.

I would still like to hear who were his "clients" are that didn't have this enormous success. Or is every body this guy trains suddenly gold? Nah. That's a load of horse shit.

Like he deserves some credit for these great talents success. Pfft.

He said his clients like MJ would have had success without him because of the drive and competitive nature of his clients. When you have a Michael Jordan as your client that you probably don't have many other clients because you are going focus on that one client and can make a career with that one client I'm sure he got paid pretty hefty and that MJ stuck with him so long he had is trust. So him not identifying a meeting with a guy a few times not making him a client in his terms makes since. Makes since to me. He probably didn't have a lot of other clients but he was referred or recommended by Michael Fing Jordan that alone is one hell of a resume i wouldn't give a fuck. Really kudos to this guy and he thought outside the box to keep his guys healthy for long careers longevity was his success factor.

mililo4cpa
04-19-2020, 12:43 PM
His book "Relentless" is a pretty good read....he worked a lot with Kobe as well....

eDave
04-19-2020, 12:59 PM
Mahomes would train HIM.

Sorry
04-19-2020, 01:06 PM
His book "Relentless" is a pretty good read....he worked a lot with Kobe as well....

Jordan, Kobe and wade. He know show to work with superstar explosive athletes

Megatron96
04-19-2020, 01:20 PM
He said his clients like MJ would have had success without him because of the drive and competitive nature of his clients. When you have a Michael Jordan as your client that you probably don't have many other clients because you are going focus on that one client and can make a career with that one client I'm sure he got paid pretty hefty and that MJ stuck with him so long he had is trust. So him not identifying a meeting with a guy a few times not making him a client in his terms makes since. Makes since to me. He probably didn't have a lot of other clients but he was referred or recommended by Michael Fing Jordan that alone is one hell of a resume i wouldn't give a ****. Really kudos to this guy and he thought outside the box to keep his guys healthy for long careers longevity was his success factor.

I don't think Rubberspunk actually watched the whole video. Or maybe English is his second language. Either way, he didn't comprehend about 50% of the video.