PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Draft - Day 2: who do like for KC?

Pages : [1] 2

Chief Northman
04-23-2020, 11:36 PM
Chiefs on tap tomorrow with picks #63, and #96

What positions do you think they address, and who do you hope they target?

I’ll say:

#63 - Damien Lewis, OG, LSU
#96 - Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa

JakeF
04-23-2020, 11:40 PM
people are loading up on WRs, we need CBs

CBx2 (slot CB and outside CB)
LBx2 (both ILB)
LG
RDE

I wouldn't be mad if they are both CBs tomorrow as long as they are good players.

OKchiefs
04-23-2020, 11:41 PM
Tight end

staylor26
04-23-2020, 11:41 PM
Xavier McKinney, Kristian Fulton, Zack Baun, AJ Epenesa, Yetur Gross Matos, Willie Gay, Logan Wilson, Jaylon Johnson, Trevon Diggs, Jeremy Chinn, Grant Delpit, Kyle Dugger, Cam Dantzler, Lloyd Cushenberry, Robert Hunt, Laviska Shenault

Any of these guys in the 2nd would give me wood for our first 2 picks

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2020, 11:43 PM
Xavier McKinney, Kristian Fulton, Zack Baun, AJ Epenesa, Yetur Gross Matos, Willie Gay, Logan Wilson, Jaylon Johnson, Trevon Diggs, Jeremy Chinn, Grant Delpit, Kyle Dugger, Cam Dantzler, Lloyd Cushenberry, Robert Hunt, Laviska Shenault

And if these guys in the 2nd would give me wood for our first 2 picks

I think at least one will be there.

The Franchise
04-23-2020, 11:44 PM
I really want Reggie Robinson in the 3rd.

Chief Northman
04-23-2020, 11:53 PM

And if these guys in the 2nd would give me wood for our first 2 picks

That’s like 16 names, and I think more can be added where I’d be ecstatic:

Pittman Jr., Winfield Jr., Jones, Hall, Cleveland, Blacklock, Okwara

BigChiefFan
04-23-2020, 11:56 PM
CB Jaylon Johnson
S Antoine Winfield
LB Logan Wilson
DB Xavier McKinney
OG Damien Lewis

RunKC
04-23-2020, 11:59 PM
I think they get a corner and LB tomorrow.

I’m thinking LB is who they want at 63

staylor26
04-23-2020, 11:59 PM
I really want Reggie Robinson in the 3rd.

This I’m on board with.

Or L’Jarius Sneed in the 4th

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 12:06 AM
CB, LB and WR in the next picks

LIVForTheKingdom
04-24-2020, 12:36 AM
Tomorrow, take the best CB and LB available (either order).
Round 4: Kenny Willekes (develop as The Shark's bookend, good work ethic)
Round 5 (trade back): Whichever WR falls and fits best, restock the arsenal
Round 7 (from trade): Jon Runyan, Jr, for LG

BigChiefFan
04-24-2020, 12:45 AM
I’m all over LBer, Logan Wilson, if he’s there. He might be the most underrated LBer in the draft. He has great cover skills and a nose for the ball.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:45 AM
Now for a day 2 mock I’ll go with:

63. Willie Gay, LB, Miss St.
96. Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

With injury concerns and no testing numbers, Hall unexpectedly falls to 96.

LIVForTheKingdom
04-24-2020, 12:49 AM
Now for a day 2 mock I’ll go with:

63. Willie Gay, LB, Miss St.
96. Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

With injury concerns and no testing numbers, Hall unexpectedly falls to 96.
Love the idea of reuniting Hall with Thornhill. Also, he can afford to take a year to recover from injury/adjust to the NFL if needed to because we got Breeland back.

Also, would love Charlie Heck in UDFA. Andy's (OL coach) son, bloodlines, future swing tackle at least. Maybe even succeeds one of our stud tackles (sneaky need in the future, 71 and 72 are both over 30).

Christian & Barry
04-24-2020, 01:38 AM
Jaylon Johnson (Utah)
AJ Epenesa (Iowa)
Josh Jones (Houston)

Couch-Potato
04-24-2020, 04:53 AM
Give me two of these guys and let's go!

McKinney FS
Epenesa DE
Baun LB
Fulton CB
Johnson CB
Diggs CB
Dantzler CB
Hall CB
Chinn CB
Hunt OG
Pride CB
Madubuike DT
Claypool WR
Robertson CB
Green CB
Cushenberry IOL
Gibson WR
Hennessy IOL
Harrison ILB

Ideally, McKinney and Hunt but I'm thinking realistically Pride and Hennessy.

MahomesMagic
04-24-2020, 05:00 AM
Offense

KJ Hamler, Michael Pittman, Lloyd Cushenberry, Shenault

Defense

Gross-Matos, Epenesa, Amik Robertson, Cameron Dantzler, Malik Harrison

Couch-Potato
04-24-2020, 05:03 AM
lol WTF I didn't realize the Dolphins had 15 picks this year!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-draft-picks-2020-nfl-draft-order-grades-by-team-miamis-round-1-selections/

Could you imagine how wild with speculation CP would become if we had 15 FUCKING picks in one year!!!???

Chiefaholic
04-24-2020, 05:14 AM
Best athlete available outside QB or HB. There's still plenty of talent on the board that could play significant snaps this season.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 06:25 AM
Love the idea of reuniting Hall with Thornhill. Also, he can afford to take a year to recover from injury/adjust to the NFL if needed to because we got Breeland back.

Also, would love Charlie Heck in UDFA. Andy's (OL coach) son, bloodlines, future swing tackle at least. Maybe even succeeds one of our stud tackles (sneaky need in the future, 71 and 72 are both over 30).

I don't see the Chiefs drafting the son of their OL coach, that could be awkward and weird if they ever have to move on from him.

KChiefs1
04-24-2020, 06:26 AM
CB
LB

Mecca
04-24-2020, 06:30 AM
Hoping for Willie Gay or Laviska Shenault, I'd say they've been "my guys" for a long time in this offseason.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 06:38 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Go safety so I can hunt like a mad man. Like a government mercenary</p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1253535271041339392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I do like that he was on board with the idea of taking another safety.

farmerchief
04-24-2020, 06:55 AM
#63 Logan Wilson
#96 A bad Ass Center who gets personally insulted if a defensive player gets by him and injures his QB, so he never lets it happen

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 07:37 AM
What I want - CB & LB

What I think we'll take - DE & WR

Mecca
04-24-2020, 07:39 AM
If that receiver is named Laviska Shenault I will get excited.

CaliforniaChief
04-24-2020, 07:45 AM
At this point, other than QB and RB I'm fine with BPA.

It's so much fun to be champions.

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 07:49 AM
If that receiver is named Laviska Shenault I will get excited.

Idk, I know the whole mantra and group think is just "trust Veach", but the rest of the AFCW is getting a lot of fire power on offense. I don't expect them to be able to keep up, but it'd be nice to have a complete team that doesn't always have to win in a shoot out. We could possibly get by at corner as we have mostly the same group as last year, but a single significant injury at corner leaves us in a lot of trouble. Apparently we just don't value the position because we don't invest capital there at all. And off-ball linebacker has been a need for the better part of a decade and we simply never address it or inadequately address it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:50 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So many good players still available. I think we will see a big run on RBs and WRs in 2nd round.</p>&mdash; Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) <a href="https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1253678063369347074?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
04-24-2020, 07:50 AM
Idk, I know the whole mantra and group think is just "trust Veach", but the rest of the AFCW is getting a lot of fire power on offense. I don't expect them to be able to keep up, but it'd be nice to have a complete team that doesn't always have to win in a shoot out. We could possibly get by at corner as we have mostly the same group as last year, but a single significant injury at corner leaves us in a lot of trouble. Apparently we just don't value the position because we don't invest capital there at all. And off-ball linebacker has been a need for the better part of a decade and we simply never address it or inadequately address it.

Off the ball LB became a need when we switched schemes....and also it's kinda smart to not overvalue CB's its routinely a position that is overdrafted and overpaid.

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 07:56 AM
Off the ball LB became a need when we switched schemes....and also it's kinda smart to not overvalue CB's its routinely a position that is overdrafted and overpaid.

I disagree. Corner is a premier position and is vastly important in a team's ability to stop the pass, which in today's NFL is incredibly important. Yeah, our cornerback group finally worked out last year. Do we really think it's going to continue to stick together with limited capital spent there? We're now looking at guys like Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Courtland Sutton, Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, etc. in our division. I think it's a mistake to just say, Mahomes is better than their QB so we'll always outscore them. It doesn't always work that way. Yes, Mahomes is better. But the better QB and team doesn't always win. NFL is a chess game, and if we don't have the right pieces to counter their king or queen we can easily lose a game we shouldn't have.

I'm okay with no corner in the 1st, although it's not my preference. The problem is if I had to put my money on it I'd bet we probably don't even take a corner at all or not until the 5th.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 07:58 AM
I'm sure they'll draft a CB, but the greatest WR is only as great as his QB, Calvin Johnson is the most dominant WR I've ever seen, how often did he win?

58-4ever
04-24-2020, 08:03 AM
Trevon Diggs or Gay...

Between Queen and Gay... I might need a shower.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-24-2020, 08:32 AM
Hall and Willie Gay for me. But can’t get both I don’t think.

RunKC
04-24-2020, 08:33 AM
We need a coverage player be it at LB or corner. Ideally we find our Fuller replacement today.

Have to wonder if OL is coming into play as well

MahiMike
04-24-2020, 08:34 AM
Any pass rushers left?

pugsnotdrugs19
04-24-2020, 08:35 AM
We need a coverage player be it at LB or corner. Ideally we find our Fuller replacement today.

Veach will fill whatever needs get left over by the time the season rolls around I think. He will trade if necessary.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 08:35 AM

Thought Fenton was our Fuller replacement

Mecca
04-24-2020, 08:36 AM
Everyone should also calm a bit, this is gonna be a very good year for UDFAs.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 08:41 AM
A coverage LB will be drafted. When and who who knows

neech
04-24-2020, 08:44 AM
It will be halfway through the second round and people will be panicking for Veach to move up in the draft for this guy or that, I've seen this movie before.

I'll just trust in the Chiefs organization in the selection, in the meantime checking out the insides of peoples homes and their families during the draft is quite interesting.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 08:54 AM
I think Chinn would be an interesting chess piece for Spags. Kind of a LB/S version of Honey Badger's S/CB.

Gay could really fill a hole. (LOL)
Logan Wilson maybe.

Bryce Hall, certainly a CB is a need spot.

Cushenberry, Hennessey or Biadasz.

There are a few guards.

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Everyone should also calm a bit, this is gonna be a very good year for UDFAs.

Perhaps, but good luck expecting those types to contribute year 1 with limited to no offseason.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 08:56 AM
I think Chinn would be an interesting chess piece for Spags. Kind of a LB/S version of Honey Badger's S/CB.

Gay could really fill a hole. (LOL)
Logan Wilson maybe.

Bryce Hall, certainly a CB is a need spot.

Cushenberry, Hennessey or Biadasz.

There are a few guards.

Biadasz is a really awful fit for the Chiefs scheme on the OL.

Chief Northman
04-24-2020, 09:00 AM

And a band-aid. Bum hip, bum shoulder....

duncan_idaho
04-24-2020, 09:01 AM
At 63:

If one of the next tier of CB is there (Jaylon Johnson, Diggs, Dantzler, etc.) that is top choice for me.

Next slot would be LB. I'd love to see them land Willie Gay there (physical package is very similar to Murray, just needs experience and coaching). Akeem Davis-Gaither would work there for me, too. I know crow and I have been goo-goo-ga-ga ing about him.

I think all the OL that would make sense (Cleveland, Jones, Cushenberry, Hennessey) at this spot are gone, but one of those would work if the CB and LB are all gone.

At 96:
This is where you hope someone falls. Bryce Hall? Leviska Shenault?

I'd also be working the phones with the Dolphins. They have an absolutely dumb number of picks in this year's draft, so I'd see if they're interested in spreading some of that capital to next year's draft.

If I can send them my 2021 1st for 36 and a 5th or for 56 and 136, it's obviously great for KC and also lets them extend their draft/rebuild over 2 drafts instead of 1.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 09:01 AM

for what we did with Morse, yeah, and I would think Reid would like to get back to more movement.

We don't do as much with Reiter, because he's not as mobile either.

If Reid is content with sacrificing some of that interior movement in order to gain some power for those short yardage situations, he fits.

As a better Reiter.

Cush or Hennessey are better scheme fits though, sure.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:03 AM
Dantzler may make it to the Chiefs 3rd round pick, lots of questions about his frame and what his real speed is.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-24-2020, 09:07 AM
Trading next years 1st for pick 36 tonight... hmm. That’s bold, not likely I’m sure, but guess it depends on who they’d be targeting.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:08 AM
Trading next years 1st for pick 36 tonight... hmm. That’s bold, not likely I’m sure, but guess it depends on who they’d be targeting.

I'd do that for Antoine Winfield, I think he's a 1st round talent.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:08 AM

???

keg in kc
04-24-2020, 09:15 AM
More draft picks is what I really want to see.

Chief Northman
04-24-2020, 09:15 AM
I'd do that for Antoine Winfield, I think he's a 1st round talent.

Chicken dinner.

duncan_idaho
04-24-2020, 09:16 AM

I was thinking something more like this:

Dolphins get Chiefs' 2021 1st (32 ;) ), 2021 6th
Chiefs get Dolphins' 2020 2nd (56), 4th (136), 5th (153)

The Dolphins are lined up to have 17 picks in this draft and didn't use any of them to move around yesterday. It makes sense for them to moves some of that capital into 2021, so they aren't quite as reliant on one draft and so they have the ability to move around more as they continue their rebuild.

The Chiefs give up a 1st round pick almost certain to be in the final 5-6 picks of the round, but gain a lot of draft capital in a loaded draft.

It makes sense for both teams, IMO.

The Chiefs don't need more picks just to have more picks at the end of rounds. They need more picks so they can hit the depth of this draft harder in rounds 3 and 4 and move up a few slots to grab a guy if needed.

Hell, I'd even be fine with moving 2021 3rd or 4th instead of the 6th to make this happen. They're going to get a bunch of comp picks the next few years around those rounds, so I think they can survive it.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:21 AM

The Dolphins are lined up to have 17 picks in this draft and didn't use any of them to move around yesterday. It makes sense for them to moves some of that capital into 2021, so they aren't quite as reliant on one draft and so they have the ability to move around more as they continue their rebuild.

The Chiefs give up a 1st round pick almost certain to be in the final 5-6 picks of the round, but gain a lot of draft capital in a loaded draft.

The Chiefs don't need more picks just to have more picks at the end of rounds. They need more picks so they can hit the depth of this draft harder in rounds 3 and 4 and move up a few slots to grab a guy if needed.

Hell, I'd even be fine with moving 2021 3rd or 4th instead of the 6th to make this happen. They're going to get a bunch of comp picks the next few years around those rounds, so I think they can survive it.

It's not a terrible idea. It would let you add one of the safeties and probably let you address the OL, CB and LB also...

Adding Helaire 1st and then putting someone like Winfield on defense would really make this team more dangerous...Imagine this team being able to field something like...

CEH
Winfield
Shenault
Davis-Gaither

That would be pretty sick.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:21 AM

We have lots of holes next season. Basically half of our roster is free agents

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:23 AM

Cause they won't be signing anyone...

duncan_idaho
04-24-2020, 09:27 AM

They'll have to give attention to CB and WR for sure. My plan would be that this trade makes sure you can address both of those situations in a draft that is very deep at those positions.

If you go the group of players Mecca is suggesting or rotate in one of the CB instead of one of the safeties, they're in much better shape.

That's why I'm aiming at #56 instead of #36 in my proposed trade. To get 2 ore picks in this draft. Think the draft value breaks out about right for the Dolphins, if they buy the idea of spreading their capital over a few drafts a bit more.

It's not a terrible idea. It would let you add one of the safeties and probably let you address the OL, CB and LB also...

Adding Helaire 1st and then putting someone like Winfield on defense would really make this team more dangerous...Imagine this team being able to field something like...

CEH
Winfield
Shenault
Davis-Gaither

That would be pretty sick.

That's where I'm at/thinking. That gives you starters at 4 positions moving forward.

The Franchise
Oh if we trade a first to get into the 2nd....then give me:

Antoine Winfield Jr
Logan Wilson
Reggie Robinson

smithandrew051

Most of the core will be back. Reid and Veach will have more picks and cap space to be more active next year.

I don’t see any FAs next year that can’t be replaced. Some will get extended anyway.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 09:28 AM
We will also have a good amount of comp picks next season and the season after that too.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:28 AM
Most of the core will be back. Reid and Veach will have more picks and cap space to be more active next year.

I don’t see any FAs next year that can’t be replaced. Some will get extended anyway.

That projected cap space was pre coronavirus

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:29 AM
Adding Winfield would also give you 2 safeties capable of playing in the slot and moving around, that would let you really fuck with offenses having basically 2 Mathieu's out there.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:31 AM
Winfield will not make it to 63

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:32 AM
Winfield will not make it to 63

It's a trade scenario, keep up.

duncan_idaho
04-24-2020, 09:34 AM
Oh if we trade a first to get into the 2nd....then give me:

Antoine Winfield Jr
Logan Wilson
Reggie Robinson

I'd dig that.

Willlie Gay or Akeem Davis-Gaither is my dream guy at 63 if he's there, but I like Wilson, too.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:35 AM
Also I wouldn't be totally stunned if Winfield went after McKinney and Delpit and got very close to the Chiefs end of 2 pick......he is small and has a very extensive injury history and in this years draft injury stuff is a big deal to teams.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 09:36 AM
Chinn and Dugger might be there at 63.

RedSea90
04-24-2020, 09:37 AM
I have a feeling that Veach is moving up in round 2. Don’t really know how far, but when you have a roster like this you can afford to let go of that 2021 1st round pick. Also don’t be surprised if we trade Jones for a top 2nd round pick especially if they really love someone. I can see Dolphins trading that top 2nd and a 3rd for Jones. Take the best CB/S available or the top G/C left and be content with the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RunKC
04-24-2020, 09:38 AM
Also I wouldn't be totally stunned if Winfield went after McKinney and Delpit and got very close to the Chiefs end of 2 pick......he is small and has a very extensive injury history and in this years draft injury stuff is a big deal to teams.

Adding Winfield would also give you 2 safeties capable of playing in the slot and moving around, that would let you really **** with offenses having basically 2 Mathieu's out there.

Winfield will be gone in the first 10 picks today. He was already getting first rd buzz from several teams

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:40 AM
I have a feeling that Veach is moving up in round 2. Don’t really know how far, but when you have a roster like this you can afford to let go of that 2021 1st round pick. Also don’t be surprised if we trade Jones for a top 2nd round pick especially if they really love someone. I can see Dolphins trading that top 2nd and a 3rd for Jones. Take the best CB/S available or the top G/C left and be content with the draft.

Holy shit!!! Jones is not getting traded. He will be extended. How many times does this have to be said! They won’t take a single DL this draft

staylor26
04-24-2020, 09:40 AM
Chinn and Dugger might be there at 63.

My dick can only get so hard

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:41 AM
Winfield will be gone in the first 10 picks today. He was already getting first rd buzz from several teams

What if they are all late picking teams?

I like him but if you can't use him versatile and you are scared of his injury history I'd get that...

Lots of good players still around.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 09:42 AM
Just take the 2 best guys at any of these 4 spots, and I’ll have no complaints

O line
CB
LB
WR

RunKC
04-24-2020, 09:45 AM
My dick can only get so hard

Add Terrell Burgess to the list too. We met with him at the combine. Very versatile smart player.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 09:47 AM
Add Terrell Burgess to the list too. We met with him at the combine. Very versatile smart player.

I’d love it if he fell to our 3rd rounder, but I think there will be better players at 63.

Definitely wouldn’t hate it though.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:53 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> are on the clock first tonight at No. 33. Next up are the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a>, who already are having trade talks about moving down from No. 34. A spot to keep an eye on.</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1253712629564129281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
04-24-2020, 09:56 AM
Xavier McKinney
Kristian Fulton
Zack Baun
AJ Epenesa
Yetur Gross Matos
Willie Gay
Logan Wilson
Jaylon Johnson
Trevon Diggs
Jeremy Chinn
Grant Delpit
Kyle Dugger
Cam Dantzler
Lloyd Cushenberry
Robert Hunt
Laviska Shenault
Denzel Mims
Josh Uche
Ross Blacklock
Marlon Davidson
Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Bryce Hall
Darrell Taylor

That’s 24 guys, and there will probably be a QB or two, at least 3 RB’s, and a TE or two coming off the board before our pick.

I feel really good about getting one of these guys.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 09:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> are on the clock first tonight at No. 33. Next up are the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a>, who already are having trade talks about moving down from No. 34. A spot to keep an eye on.</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1253712629564129281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm going to say this, I question Chris Ballard and his team building style, I don't think he sucks at drafting but...

The Colts are a shit or get off the pot team, they have a talented young roster and he constantly wants to move down, at some point having better players is better than having more picks.

Like the Chiefs maybe have spots for what..5-8 guys?

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 09:58 AM

Any of these guys in the 2nd would give me wood for our first 2 picks

I'll just quote this and agree with it; save me the typing.

I'd change the order a bit and probably drop Dantzler and Cushenberry while adding Davis-Gaither, Hennessy and and Okwara, but it's a good start.

CaliforniaChief
Duncan's idea of a trade with MIA makes a lot of sense to me.

Right now we need to be adding cost-controllable starters. We added 1 last night. If we add a 2nd round pick this year and pick 3 guys tonight, we could add more.

And even if we aren't picking 32 next year, it's going to be a late 1st.

#runitback

BigChiefFan

The Colts might be one of the teams pissed off that we took CEH and now are looking to trade down. I also suspect the Bengals wanted to parlay Burrow with CEH.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:59 AM
Xavier McKinney
Kristian Fulton
Zack Baun
AJ Epenesa
Yetur Gross Matos
Willie Gay
Logan Wilson
Jaylon Johnson
Trevon Diggs
Jeremy Chinn
Grant Delpit
Kyle Dugger
Cam Dantzler
Lloyd Cushenberry
Robert Hunt
Laviska Shenault
Denzel Mims
Josh Uche
Ross Blacklock
Marlon Davidson
Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Bryce Hall
Darrell Taylor

That’s 24 guys, and there will probably be a QB or two, at least 3 RB’s, and a TE or two coming off the board before our pick.

You didn’t even include Antoine Winfield

The Franchise
Xavier McKinney
Kristian Fulton
Zack Baun
AJ Epenesa
Yetur Gross Matos
Willie Gay
Logan Wilson
Jaylon Johnson
Trevon Diggs
Jeremy Chinn
Grant Delpit
Kyle Dugger
Cam Dantzler
Lloyd Cushenberry
Robert Hunt
Laviska Shenault
Denzel Mims
Josh Uche
Ross Blacklock
Marlon Davidson
Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Bryce Hall
Darrell Taylor

And keep in mind that there are going to be a couple of teams who make head scratching picks that push those 24 players down.

Who the fuck though Arnette was getting drafted in the first round?

staylor26
And keep in mind that there are going to be a couple of teams who make head scratching picks that push those 24 players down.

Who the fuck though Arnette was getting drafted in the first round?

Good point.

MahomesMagic
04-24-2020, 10:00 AM

Who the **** though Arnette was getting drafted in the first round?

I thought he was the 2nd best corner in the draft.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 10:01 AM
I thought he was the 2nd best corner in the draft.

The only other person who thought that was Mike Mayock.....so congrats.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 10:02 AM
Xavier McKinney
Kristian Fulton
Zack Baun
AJ Epenesa
Yetur Gross Matos
Willie Gay
Logan Wilson
Jaylon Johnson
Trevon Diggs
Jeremy Chinn
Grant Delpit
Kyle Dugger
Cam Dantzler
Lloyd Cushenberry
Robert Hunt
Laviska Shenault
Denzel Mims
Josh Uche
Ross Blacklock
Marlon Davidson
Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Bryce Hall
Darrell Taylor

A couple you didn't list I think will be gone.

Tee Higgins
Matt Peart
Justin Madubuike

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 10:03 AM
I think the 2nd round is always more brutal than the first round. The first round consists of me hoping a couple of players fall while the 2nd round is me watching about 20 players I would have been happy with get taken.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 10:03 AM
We need to replace Ragland. We need a thumper LB'er and CB. Later rounds get a swing C/G. But above all, just get the BPA.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 10:04 AM
A couple you didn't list I think will be gone.

Tee Higgins
Matt Peart
Justin Madubuike

And Winfield

Mecca
04-24-2020, 10:04 AM
I'm gonna go BPA LB'er and CB.

If Willie Gay and Davis-Gaither come off there isn't really an LB that is going to help us.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 10:05 AM
If Willie Gay and Davis-Gaither come off there isn't really an LB that is going to help us.

Logan Wilson?

staylor26
04-24-2020, 10:06 AM
You didn’t even include Antoine Winfield

Good catch

The Franchise

Logan Wilson is about it. If he’s gone then I’d try and draft Dante Olson in the 5th.....or trade down and grab him later.

staylor26

Logan Wilson all day. Maybe Uche too.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 10:10 AM
Logan Wilson and Bryce Hall if I get to dream. Then two fatties, or one fatty and A G-G if you just want to get stupid on offense.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 10:10 AM
Oh Wilson I'll listen to, I think Uche is a 3-4 guy.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 10:11 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There’s my whole big board just for you <a href="https://t.co/VGSdzxCZZr">https://t.co/VGSdzxCZZr</a> <a href="https://t.co/ZIWFPcTarp">pic.twitter.com/ZIWFPcTarp</a></p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1253714545702506497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
04-24-2020, 10:13 AM
Oh Wilson I'll listen to, I think Uche is a 3-4 guy.

Did you watch him at the SB? Dude can definitely play off the ball.

RunKC
04-24-2020, 10:16 AM
Xavier McKinney
Kristian Fulton
Zack Baun
AJ Epenesa
Yetur Gross Matos
Willie Gay
Logan Wilson
Jaylon Johnson
Trevon Diggs
Jeremy Chinn
Grant Delpit
Kyle Dugger
Cam Dantzler
Lloyd Cushenberry
Robert Hunt
Laviska Shenault
Denzel Mims
Josh Uche
Ross Blacklock
Marlon Davidson
Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Bryce Hall
Darrell Taylor

The Chiefs met with Jordan Elliott multiple times. Keep an eye on him.

Like Blacklock, that kid has really good lateral quickness as a gap rusher and can defend the run.

Just imagine that next to Chris Jones.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 10:18 AM
The Chiefs met with Jordan Elliott multiple times. Keep an eye on him.

Like Blacklock, that kid has really good lateral quickness as a gap rusher and can defend the run.

Just imagine that next to Chris Jones.

If I were to keep going with that list, Elliot would’ve certainly been on it, but unless we’re trading Jones (or Blacklock/Davidson fell into our lap) I’m probably out on DT at 63.

I definitely would be ok with that pick though.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 10:18 AM
I think there are still a lot of good receivers on the board and that's what I would prioritize if there isn't a huge run of them in the 2nd round.

Mims, Pittman, Higgins, Shenault all make sense. If all 4 are gone well they should go corner because that means a good corner fell.

Chief Northman
04-24-2020, 10:31 AM
If I were to keep going with that list, Elliot would’ve certainly been on it, but unless we’re trading Jones (or Blacklock/Davidson fell into our lap) I’m probably out on DT at 63.

I definitely would be ok with that pick though.

I’d struggle with a DT pick.

Jones/Saunders/Nnadi/Pennel/Speaks - we good.

DE on the other hand?..... Trevis Gipson out of Tulsa is my round four or five sleeper pick for the Chiefs

DrRyan
04-24-2020, 10:32 AM
McKinney, Delpit, Diggs, Fulton, Blacklock, J Johnson, Davidson, Baun, J Jones, Chinn, Madubuike, Mims, Pittman, Cushenberry, Cleveland, Wilson, Hunt, Hennessy, Gallimore, Harrison, Gay (less bullish on him than many), Dugger, Dantzler are all viable options for me.

I would have preferred McKinney/Delpit/Diggs/Fulton R1 but I will trust Reid get Westbrook level production out of CEH and KC averages 30+ ppg, possibly 35 ppg next season.

RunKC
04-24-2020, 10:33 AM
I think there are still a lot of good receivers on the board and that's what I would prioritize if there isn't a huge run of them in the 2nd round.

Mims, Pittman, Higgins, Shenault all make sense. If all 4 are gone well they should go corner because that means a good corner fell.

Mentioned this a couple days ago. According to Arrowhead Pride tracking, the player we have had the most contact with is Van Jefferson.

Talked to him at the Senior Bowl, combine and zoom meeting

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 10:35 AM
Fuck it, trade a 2021 pick to get back into the top of the 2nd round

early 2nd - McKinney, Delpit, Diggs, Fulton or Johnson
63 - Gay or Wilson
96 - OL

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 10:35 AM
Not that we have a chance at him without a trade, but I can't believe McKinney fell out of the 1st. I know he ran a 4.63, but Ed Reid ran a 4.57 and he had a pretty decent little HOF career. McKinney is a flat-out baller and someone is going to get an absolute STEAL in the 2nd round.

MahomesMagic
04-24-2020, 10:38 AM
I want Cushenberry.. Add Clyde's center at LSU...

If we can get him I would be ecstatic.

More offense and protect the franchise.

Gravedigger
04-24-2020, 10:38 AM
**** it, trade a 2021 pick to get back into the top of the 2nd round

early 2nd - McKinney, Delpit, Diggs, Fulton or Johnson
63 - Gay or Wilson
96 - OL

I'm in that boat too, I don't have point charts in front of me, but if we're going to be getting compensatory picks next year for Fuller and others we might as well trade something to get another possible impact contributor.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 10:39 AM
I’d struggle with a DT pick.

Jones/Saunders/Nnadi/Pennel/Speaks - we good.

DE on the other hand?..... Trevis Gipson out of Tulsa is my round four or five sleeper pick for the Chiefs

Agreed, like if the second coming of Mean Joe Green is there, sure... but otherwise it’d be a waste of resources

Sassy Squatch
04-24-2020, 10:50 AM
Take all the LBs, CBs, and IOLs and draft your BPA from that pool.

Urc Burry
04-24-2020, 10:58 AM
Curtis Samuel on the block.. wonder what the asking price for him would be.

Also Larry Warford. The thinking is Ruiz is replacing him. We can’t afford a trade him for him right now, but if he is potentially cut.

FANATIC
04-24-2020, 11:05 AM

So you take a RB with your #1 pick and then trade your 2021 #1 pick to make up for the guy you did not take at #32 this year?

ForeverChiefs58
04-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Chase Claypool will probably be gone as well

DrRyan
04-24-2020, 11:24 AM
The more I think about it, if there is still OT value on the board at 63 I think I would be targeting a team like the Cardinals to trade down with. 63 for 72 and next year's 2nd or both 4ths this year. I don't like both 4ths being outside the top 100 but I would consider it.

CoMoChief
04-24-2020, 11:25 AM
Yetur Gross-Matos
Grant Delpit
Xavier McKinney
Reggie Robinson

I think having Mathieu, Thornhill and any of the 2 safeties mentioned above in sub pkgs would be nasty.

Team still needs a CB and LB though.

KChiefs1
04-24-2020, 12:22 PM
These guys should still be available at 63.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200424/8c858665cbdcb81f4a5c26f5a6c6bc3a.plisthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200424/7ce51d944609007d6df6cdf28ad83d4d.plist

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 12:32 PM
Brugler mocked us:

James Lynch, DT, Baylor
Josiah Scott, CB, Michigan State

Dunerdr
04-24-2020, 12:33 PM
Brugler mocked us:

James Lynch, DT, Baylor

eh

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:34 PM
Brugler mocked us:

James Lynch, DT, Baylor

Well that sucks donkey dick, nice job Bruglar.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 12:34 PM
And if his mock draft fell like that....I would go

Logan Wilson, LB
Ben Bartch, OG/OT

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:35 PM
Someone show me his mock....I'll make some picks.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 12:41 PM
Second Round

33. Cincinnati Bengals – Josh Jones, OT, Houston
With the talent available, the Bengals could go in several different directions, including receiver (Denzel Mims) or linebacker (Zack Baun). But they need to invest more resources into the offensive line and Josh Jones has NFL starting-level ability.

34. Indianapolis Colts (from WAS) – Michael Pittman, WR, USC
35. Detroit Lions – Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
36. New York Giants – Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
37. New England Patriots (from LAC) – Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

38. Carolina Panthers – Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
The Panthers have greater needs, but it might be tough for Matt Rhule to pass on his former receiver from Waco. He speaks very highly of Mims’ talent and work ethic and the upside he offers will be attractive at this point in the draft.

39. Miami Dolphins – JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
40. Houston Texans (from ARI) – AJ Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
41. Cleveland Browns – Jeremy Chinn, DS, Southern Illinois
42. Jacksonville Jaguars – Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
43. Chicago Bears (from LVR) – Xavier McKinney, DS, Alabama
44. Indianapolis Colts – Antoine Winfield, DS, Minnesota
45. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
46. Denver Broncos – Lloyd Cushenberry, OG/C, LSU
47. Atlanta Falcons – Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn
48. New York Jets – Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
49. Pittsburgh Steelers – Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
50. Chicago Bears – Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State

51. Dallas Cowboys – Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
If the first round played out a certain way, the Cowboys might have drafted Diggs at No. 17 overall. Instead, they land an offensive playmaker in CeeDee Lamb and are able to grab the athletic cover man in the second round.

52. Los Angeles Rams – Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan
53. Philadelphia Eagles – Grant Delpit, DS, LSU
54. Buffalo Bills – Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
55. Baltimore Ravens (from ATL) – Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
56. Miami Dolphins (from NO) – Kyle Dugger, DS, Lenoir-Rhyne
57. Los Angeles Rams (from HOU) – Robert Hunt, OT/G, Louisiana
58. Minnesota Vikings – Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma
59. Seattle Seahawks – Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

60. Baltimore Ravens – KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
With Marquise Brown, Miles Boykin and KJ Hamler at receiver and Lamar Jackson at quarterback, the Ravens would have a track team on offense that will keep defensive coordinators awake at night.

61. Tennessee Titans – Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama
62. Green Bay Packers – Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
63. Kansas City Chiefs (from SF) – James Lynch, DT, Baylor
64. Seattle Seahawks (from KC) – Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut

Third Round

65. Cincinnati Bengals – Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
66. Washington Redskins – Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
67. Detroit Lions – Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M

68. New York Jets (from NYG) – Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
Based on talent, Shenault belongs in the first round. But due to durability concerns, the Jets get a discount and land him in the third. With a left tackle in the first round and a YAC monster here, Sam Darnold will be a happy quarterback.

69. Carolina Panthers – Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech
70. Miami Dolphins – Matt Hennessy, OC, Temple
71. New England (from LAC) – Ashtyn Davis, DS, California
72. Arizona Cardinals – Jonathan Greenard, EDGE, Florida
73. Jacksonville Jaguars – Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
74. Cleveland Browns – Willie Gay, LB, Mississippi State
75. Indianapolis Colts – Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia

76. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
Although he would likely be disappointed to fall this far, Eason couldn’t ask for a better situation. Not only would he go to a coaching staff and scheme that fits his skill-set, but the chance to learn first-hand from Tom Brady is a special education.

77. Denver Broncos – Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State
78. Atlanta Falcons – Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
79. New York Jets – Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State
80. Las Vegas Raiders – Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
81. Las Vegas Raiders (from CHI) – John Simpson, OG, Clemson
82. Dallas Cowboys – Terrell Burgess, FS, Utah
83. Denver Broncos (from PIT) – Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
84. Los Angeles Rams – Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa
85. Detroit Lions (from PHI) – Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

86. Buffalo Bills – Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee
Taylor looks the part and has ability, but he needs to let it loose and prove he can translate his talent into consistent football production. And the chance to learn from Jerry Hughes could be what bridges the gap in his development.

87. New England Patriots – Bradlee Anae, EDGE, Utah
88. New Orleans Saints – Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State
89. Minnesota Vikings – Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
90. Houston Texans – Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri
91. Las Vegas Raiders (from HOU) – Leki Fotu, DT, Utah
92. Baltimore Ravens – Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama
93. Tennessee Titans – Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame
94. Green Bay Packers – Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
95. Denver Broncos (from SF) – Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado
96. Kansas City Chiefs – Josiah Scott, CB, Michigan State

97. Cleveland Browns (from HOU) – Lynn Bowden, WR, Kentucky
A college quarterback who will transition to receiver, Bowden is a northeast Ohio native with position fit concerns, but there aren’t many questions about his athleticism or ball-handling skills. Cleveland’s offensive staff can get creative with his talent.

98. New England Patriots – KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State
99. New York Giants – Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina
100. New England Patriots – McTelvin Agim, DL, Arkansas
101. Seattle Seahawks – Nick Harris, OC, Washington
102. Pittsburgh Steelers – Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis
103. Philadelphia Eagles – Zack Moss, RB, Utah
104. Los Angeles Rams – Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State
105. Minnesota Vikings – Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida
106. Baltimore Ravens – Ben Bartch, OT/G, St. John’s (Minn.)

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:43 PM
Brugler has us passing on Logan Wilson and Willie Gay for fucking Lynch?

:facepalm:

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Brugler has us passing on Logan Wilson for fucking Lynch?

:facepalm:

Apparently Chris Jones being on the franchise tag means we absolutely need to take a DT.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:46 PM
Actually, I’m calling my shot.

Unless this team really loves Bryce Hall, or one of the other corners fall to us, we will take a LB or S because our biggest weakness on defense is covering RB’s out of the backfield and there will either be a LB or S available that could help a ton wit that.

Gay
Wilson
McKinney
Winfield
Delpit
Chinn
Dugger
Uche

Somebody has to fall.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 12:48 PM
I'm feeling they get some great value from a linebacker in the 4th round and CP will be pissed Veach waited that long and will be sucking him off over it next spring.

For now they should hold steady on the value selections.

Mecca
If the Chiefs take Lynch with Wilson Shenault and Gay I will throw shit at my tv.

RunKC
Bryce Hall has the same brutal injury that Allen Hurns had. That makes me a bit nervous for a position like corner.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:51 PM
Bryce Hall has the same brutal injury that Allen Hurns had. That makes me a bit nervous for a position like corner.

Yea he’s at the very bottoms of my list at 63.

But he’s on it, and I could see them loving him going back to 2018 scouting Thornhill.

Also, pretty sure he was cleared medically FWIW.

DrRyan
04-24-2020, 12:51 PM
Almost any player he mocked between 63 and 96 I would have preferred over Lynch. Not every single one of them but the vast majority of them for sure.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:58 PM
Actually, I’m calling my shot.

Unless this team really loves Bryce Hall, or one of the other corners fall to us, we will take a LB or S because our biggest weakness on defense is covering RB’s out of the backfield and there will either be a LB or S available that could help a ton wit that.

Gay
Wilson
McKinney
Winfield
Delpit
Chinn
Dugger
Uche

Somebody has to fall.

If any of those guys falls deep it's Delpit, his 19 tape is apparently god awful according to some scouts.

staylor26
Rest of the way mock:

2. Logan Wilson
3. Reggie Robinson
4. Nick Harris
5. Quez Watkins

kccrow
The Colts are reportedly willing to trade out of 34. How bad? Would they trade to an AFC team, especially KC?
I'm expecting the Bengals to take Mims.

I'd give up next year's first for 34 to take Epenesa. Would that do it? Maybe throw in a 4th? I'm normally not a fan of trading future picks, but Epenesa is a guy I really, really like and no way he's lasting very long into 2.

patteeu
How about Laviska Shenault Jr.?

Mecca
Rest of the way mock:

2. Logan Wilson
3. Reggie Robinson
4. Nick Harris
5. Quez Watkins

How about this.....I think Logan Wilson is going to Carolina at the top of round 2.

OKchiefs
I'm feeling they get some great value from a linebacker in the 4th round and CP will be pissed Veach waited that long and will be sucking him off over it next spring.

For now they should hold steady on the value selections.

I'll give Veach the benefit of the doubt on offense, but on defense, specifically at linebacker? Not yet. Between DOD, giving relatively big money to Hitchens, and our franchise's complete lack of success at drafting at off-ball linebacker since 2005, I'm not going to put any faith in them finding one until proven otherwise. This team is apparently allergic to good linebackers in the draft.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:59 PM
If any of those guys falls deep it's Delpit, his 19 tape is apparently god awful according to some scouts.

I think Dugger has a good shot as well.

He would be badass to pair with Thornhill and Tyrann. Like Chinn, he can play LB in subs.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:59 PM
How about Laviska Shenault Jr.?

Laviska is one of my dudes, no lie there....love his skillset would also love to watch a dude that went to Colorado torch the Broncos and watch them cry about it over there on their shitty forum.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 01:00 PM
Unless things continue on an awkward trend, still like Davis-Gaither at 63 and then I'd go with Alton Robinson at 96.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:01 PM
The Colts are reportedly willing to trade out of 34. How bad? Would they trade to an AFC team, especially KC?
I'm expecting the Bengals to take Mims.

I'd give up next year's first for 34 to take Epenesa. Would that do it? Maybe throw in a 4th? I'm normally not a fan of trading future picks, but Epenesa is a guy I really, really like and no way he's lasting very long into 2.

If they gave up next years 1 for 34, it better be Winfield.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:03 PM
How about this.....I think Logan Wilson is going to Carolina at the top of round 2.

Possibly. I don’t know who it’s going to be, but somebody is going to fall. There’s going to be a run on WR’s, RB’s, several OL, a couple QB’s, some DL/EDGE. I don’t know if it’s a CB, LB, or S, but somebody IS going to fall.

Just like Thornhill last year...

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:04 PM
I'll give Veach the benefit of the doubt on offense, but on defense, specifically at linebacker? Not yet. Between DOD, giving relatively big money to Hitchens, and our franchise's complete lack of success at drafting at off-ball linebacker since 2005, I'm not going to put any faith in them finding one until proven otherwise. This team is apparently allergic to good linebackers in the draft.
They picked up a solid one for cheap in FA last year. They got a plan now that they aren't shopping for Werthers dumbass anymore. Settle down.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 01:05 PM
If they gave up next years 1 for 34, it better be Winfield.

I wouldn't give up a future 1st for a safety, ever. Difference maker on the edge yes. Maybe CB. Definitely QB.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't give up a future 1st for a safety, ever. Difference maker on the edge yes. Maybe CB. Definitely QB.

Winfield is basically another Mathieu that would do a lot for our defense...he's a safety, CB, box, playmaker...he can do a ton of things.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 01:06 PM
I’d flip a 1st next year to trade up for Jaylon Johnson. Then grab Wilson at the end of the 2nd and an OG/OT in the third.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:07 PM
No way.

Just sit still and let the value come to you. The Chiefs are in amazing shape right now.

People like to flip the fuck out every year. They don't get amazing value with Thornhill if they draft like CP.

OKchiefs
They picked up a solid one for cheap in FA last year. They got a plan now that they aren't shopping for Werthers dumbass anymore. Settle down.

Yeah, a guy who still offers basically nothing in coverage and is basically just a guy. We've been killed the last 2 years on passes over the middle, and our run defense still isn't exactly dominant. I don't see many redeeming qualities in our linebackers.

Wilson8
Cornerbacks that are possible draft picks today. I like Hall, Robinson, and Pride for KC.

Trevon Diggs 6-1, 205 Alabama
Kristian Fulton 6-0, 197 LSU
Jaylon Johnson 6-0, 193 Utah
Bryce Hall 6-1, 202 Virginia
Reggie Robinson 6-1, 205 Tulsa
Troy Pride 5-11, 193 Notre Dame
Darnay Holmes 5-10, 195 UCLA
Cameron Dantzler 6-2, 188 Mississippi State
Amik Robertson 5-8, 187 Louisiana Tech
Michael Ojemudia 6-1, 200 Iowa

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:08 PM
I still think Epenesa to Miami today is very likely.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:09 PM
I still think Epenesa to Miami today is very likely.
I think they go McKinney.

Wilson8
04-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Centers that will probably go today. I like Cushenberry and Hennessy.

Tyler Biadasz 6-4, 314 Wisconsin
Lloyd Cushenberry 6-3, 312 LSU
Matt Hennessy 6-4, 307 Temple
Nick Harris 6-1, 302 Washington

Mecca
I think they go McKinney.

Ok well Detroit and NE are possible too, but he is that big edge guy that the NE defense dudes seem to always want for that scheme.

kccrow
Yeah, a guy who still offers basically nothing in coverage and is basically just a guy. We've been killed the last 2 years on passes over the middle, and our run defense still isn't exactly dominant. I don't see many redeeming qualities in our linebackers.

Outside of Wilson our linebackers are absolute garbage. I certainly agree here.

Mecca
Centers that will probably go today. I like Cushenberry and Hennessy.

Tyler Biadasz 6-4, 314 Wisconsin
Lloyd Cushenberry 6-3, 312 LSU
Matt Hennessy 6-4, 307 Temple
Nick Harris 6-1, 302 Washington

Biadasz is not going today, dude has injury issues and he doesn't fit half of the teams schemes.

duncan_idaho
I don't get why people keep connecting KC to DTs. Are they still projecting KC is going to trade Chris Jones?

Would have happened by now if it was going to happen. He'll be extended.

With Jones back in the fold, guys like Blacklock and Lynch don't fit in the scheme, and the Chiefs are 4-deep at DT.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:11 PM
Ok well Detroit and NE are possible too, but he is that big edge guy that the NE defense dudes seem to always want for that scheme.
It's possible.

I think he's a lock for Minnesota of he falls enough.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:12 PM
I don't get why people keep connecting KC to DTs. Are they still projecting KC is going to trade Chris Jones?

With Jones back in the fold, guys like Blacklock and Lynch don't fit in the scheme, and the Chiefs are 4-deep at DT.

Lots of people haven't even caught on that the Chiefs are not building for 3 years from today, they're going all in for right now.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:12 PM
CB:

Fulton
Johnson
Diggs
Hall
Dantzler
Robertson
Robinson
Holmes

LB/S:

Gay
Wilson
Chinn
McKinney
Delpit
Dugger
Burgess
Uche
Dye
Davis-Gaither
Taylor

Just give me 1 of each and I’ll be ecstatic.

Wilson8
04-24-2020, 01:13 PM
WRs for today. Several good one in this group.

Tee Higgins 6-4, 216 Clemson
Denzel Mims 6-3, 207 Baylor
Laviska Shenault 6-1, 227 Colorado
Chase Claypool 6-4, 238 Notre Dame
Lynn Bowden 5-11, 204 Kentucky
K.J. Hamler 5-9, 178 Penn State
Michael Pittman 6-4, 223 Southern California
Van Jefferson 6-1, 200 Florida
Bryan Edwards 6-3, 212 South Carolina
Donovan Peoples-Jones 6-2, 212 Michigan

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:13 PM
CB

Fulton
Johnson
Hall
Dantzler
Robertson
Robinson
Holmes

LB/S:

Gay
Wilson
Chinn
McKinney
Delpit
Dugger
Burgess
Dye
Davis-Gaither
Taylor

Just give me 1 of each and I’ll be ecstatic.
When you start tacking on possible receiver options and DE's you gotta wonder why people are talking trade up. Doesn't make sense.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 01:14 PM
I guess I like Epenesa enough to jump all those teams you guys just mentioned and get him. I knew the bad workout would knock him down. Can't argue with the tape though, and it's top-15. If we're picking 32nd again next year, who would bitch about turning it into 34 this year, really?

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:15 PM
When you start tacking on possible receiver options and DE's you gotta wonder why people are talking trade up. Doesn't make sense.

Cause there are a few guys there that should have been 1st round picks, Antoine Winfield will be an all pro one day.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 01:16 PM
I don't expect them to be able to keep up, but it'd be nice to have a complete team that doesn't always have to win in a shoot out

Why do you even care?

A win is a win and it's smart to continue to supplement the best offense in the NFL with more weapons.

Wilson8
04-24-2020, 01:17 PM
Running Backs - Chiefs not interested, but I would think these guys would go soon.
D'Andre Swift 5-8, 212 Georgia
Jonathan Taylor 5-10, 226 Wisconsin
J.K. Dobbins 5-10, 209 Ohio State
Cam Akers 5-10, 217 Florida State

BryanBusby
Cause there are a few guys there that should have been 1st round picks, Antoine Winfield will be an all pro one day.
The best drafters stick to the board and wait it out. There's no need to flip out.

They're going to need all of their picks in 2021.

kccrow

Plenty of okay DEs out there, but I don't see Epenesa as an "okay" DE. If he ran 4.7 he'd have been a top-15 pick guaranteed. No doubt in my mind at all. The guy had 22 sacks and 30.5 tackles for a loss the past 2 seasons in the Big 10 and looks great on tape. Just like people talk about CEH and that 10-yard burst, watch Epenesa in a 10-yard window. Same thing. Explosive. Comparatively, Chase Young against similar competition had 27 sacks and 35.5 tackles for a loss and he went #2 overall.

I wouldn't trade like that for anyone else in the 2nd. He's it. The rest I'd sit and let things fall to me.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:18 PM
Why do you even care?

A win is a win and it's smart to continue to supplement the best offense in the NFL with more weapons.

Dane, all that guy does is bitch about whatever he thinks is the biggest weakness on the team that wasn’t addressed.

He literally thinks there’s a team with no “holes”.

BryanBusby
Plenty of okay DEs out there, but I don't see Epenesa as an "okay" DE. If he ran 4.7 he'd have been a top-15 pick guaranteed. No doubt in my mind at all. The guy had 22 sacks and 30.5 tackles for a loss the past 2 seasons in the Big 10 and looks great on tape. Just like people talk about CEH and that 10-yard burst, watch Epenesa in a 10-yard window. Same thing. Explosive. Comparatively, Chase Young against similar competition had 27 sacks and 35.5 tackles for a loss and he went #2 overall.

I wouldn't trade like that for anyone else in the 2nd. He's it. The rest I'd sit and let things fall to me.
I like Epenesa, but probably not as much as you do. I'm not sure if they're really shopping hard this year at that spot.

Mile High Mania
Running Backs - Chiefs not interested, but I would think these guys would go soon.

So, you're projecting the top rated RBs to go soon... got it.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:19 PM
The absolute last thing we want to be is the Packers, who doesn't use a single 1st round pick on offense while Rodgers is their QB? Who the fuck does that?

ThyKingdomCome15
No way.

Just sit still and let the value come to you. The Chiefs are in amazing shape right now.

People like to flip the **** out every year. They don't get amazing value with Thornhill if they draft like CP.

And how :thumb:

Bienemy wanted Veach to trade up for CEH once the pick got close. Sometimes it's just better to stay put.

OKchiefs

Agreed. Jones is obviously a boss, and Nnadi and Saunders are both young and still ascending players who have shown promise. Pennel is a good piece and we have no reason to replace him. Unless we carry 5 DT or just move Jones full time to DE, it doesn't make sense.

staylor26

I fully expect 3 of the 4 to go, but it would be really nice if all 4 went before 31.

That and 2 QB’s would be HUGE for us.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Agreed. Jones is obviously a boss, and Nnadi and Saunders are both young and still ascending players who have shown promise. Pennel is a good piece and we have no reason to replace him. Unless we carry 5 DT or just move Jones full time to DE, it doesn't make sense.

Speaks is taking X Williams roster spot and he's probably more DT than he is DE with that body type.

duncan_idaho
04-24-2020, 01:21 PM

How do you feel about using 2021 picks to try to pick up 2-3 more today?

I proposed 2021 1st and 6th for Miami's 2020 2nd (56), one of their 4ths (136) and one of their 5ths (forget number now).

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 01:21 PM
Why do you even care?

Dude, I'm not complaining about CEH. It's not my favorite pick in the world, but I don't hate it. I'm excited about what he offers to the offense. No problem at all with supplementing the offense, just think offense needs to be on the back burner with our remaining picks.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 01:22 PM
The best drafters stick to the board and wait it out. There's no need to flip out.

They're going to need all of their picks in 2021.

Bullshit. They all move around strategically. You can't point to Baltimore or Pittsburgh or anyone. They've all moved up and around, especially recently. It pays dividends. Did the Steelers, everyone's model for "wait and see," sit and wait for Devin Bush? Nope, they went up and got him and he had 109 tackles for them last year.

I would agree you have to be very calculated about the when but to say "just sit there," more or less at all costs, isn't always best practice either.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:23 PM
How do you feel about using 2021 picks to try to pick up 2-3 more today?

I proposed 2021 1st and 6th for Miami's 2020 2nd (56), one of their 4ths (136) and one of their 5ths (forget number now).
Think it would take a lot more. Teams don't think NCAAF is happening this year and just don't seem interested in 2021 selections right now.

Bullshit. They all move around strategically. You can't point to Baltimore or Pittsburgh or anyone. They've all moved up and around, especially recently. It pays dividends. Did the Steelers, everyone's model for "wait and see," sit and wait for Devin Bush? Nope, they went up and got him and he had 109 tackles for them last year.

I would agree you have to be very calculated about the when but to say "just sit there," more or less at all costs, isn't always best practice either.
The Steelers had to start doing that out of necessity because they blew a ton of choices. KC is not in that spot.

They've got one true need left.

But to flip your own example right back onto your head. If the Steelers freaked out and traded a future 1 in the last draft they would have no currency to get the value with Fitzpatrick during the season.

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Speaks is taking X Williams roster spot and he's probably more DT than he is DE with that body type.

We'll see. Still makes absolutely no sense how that guy was drafted while we still ran the 3-4 and was put at OLB.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:26 PM
Think it would take a lot more. Teams don't think NCAAF is happening this year and just don't seem interested in 2021 selections right now.

The Steelers had to start doing that out of necessity because they blew a ton of choices. KC is not in that spot.

They've got one true need left.

Do you really think Miami is going to make 17 selections?

They're already saying they're open to moving down at 39.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:27 PM
Do you really think Miami is going to make 17 selections?

They're already saying they're open to moving down at 39.
They will move around in the rounds this year as they see fit probably.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 01:27 PM
I like Epenesa, but probably not as much as you do. I'm not sure if they're really shopping hard this year at that spot.

May not be shopping hard but we can see they looked at a few DEs. I think if Veach is sticking to his statement about looking past 2020 as well, then you have to consider that KPass will be gone and Okafor and Speaks will have 1 year remaining. And, I'd argue hard that Epenesa would start over any of them.

I'd look edge rusher later in the day if not for Epenesa. If Gross-Matos tumbled a bit longer, I'd maybe make a small move up to the 50's for him. I think a 2021 3rd would easily do that, maybe a 4th depending on how far you feel you need to go. Otherwise, wait until 96. I don't like any of the rest at 63. Too many other positions I feel have far greater value that will be sitting there.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 01:28 PM

And yet they won the 2019 Super Bowl and were an offsides call from a second appearance.

You seem to value (and overvalue) linebackers and cornerbacks more than Veach and the Chiefs.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:29 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888398-2020-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-day-2-predictions

Matt Miller also treats the Chiefs like they can't draft, a TE in round 3?

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:30 PM
May not be shopping hard but we can see they looked at a few DEs. I think if Veach is sticking to his statement about looking past 2020 as well, then you have to consider that KPass will be gone and Okafor and Speaks will have 1 year remaining. And, I'd argue hard that Epenesa would start over any of them.

I'd look edge rusher later in the day if not for Epenesa. If Gross-Matos tumbled a bit longer, I'd maybe make a small move up to the 50's for him. I think a 2021 3rd would easily do that, maybe a 4th depending on how far you feel you need to go. Otherwise, wait until 96. I don't like any of the rest at 63. Too many other positions I feel have far greater value that will be sitting there.
I like the Volunteers guy a lot. Would be a fantastic get if he slides to late 3rd.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 01:30 PM
Dude, I'm not complaining about CEH. It's not my favorite pick in the world, but I don't hate it. I'm excited about what he offers to the offense. No problem at all with supplementing the offense, just think offense needs to be on the back burner with our remaining picks.

And I think the Chiefs could easily spend 3 out of their last 4 picks on offense in a WR, guard and center.

Hell, maybe even two WR's, if the value is there.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:31 PM
And yet they won the 2019 Super Bowl and were an offsides call from a second appearance.

You seem to value (and overvalue) linebackers and cornerbacks more than Veach and the Chiefs.

You’d think at some point he’d start to get that while Veach does clearly want a a CB or LB, he’s not going to reach for one.

If CEH is off the board last night, he doesn’t just go draft Swift because he wants a RB. He’s not going to do it with any position. If we didn’t trade up for Mahomes in 2017, it’s been said we would’ve taken a LB. if we didn’t trade for Clark, we probably would’ve taken a corner judging by The Franchise.

Jerm
04-24-2020, 01:32 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888398-2020-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-day-2-predictions

I wouldn't just dismiss it, he's pretty plugged in with the Chiefs....

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 01:32 PM

I've always thought that Matt Miller was a dope.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:34 PM

Miller is one of the only people that mocked CEH to us at 32 (second to last mock).

He probably just doesn’t realize we signed Seales-Jones. He’s convinced we will never stop giving Mahomes weapons (and he’s right, just not here).

BigChiefFan
04-24-2020, 01:34 PM

Yep. Let’s hope there’s a run on HB’s and QB’s this evening, before our picks.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:35 PM

He’s actually a pretty good talent evaluator. It’s his predictions that aren’t great.

But like I said, had CEH in his top 32 and one of the few people if any that mocked him to us in the 1st.

He had us going RB in the 1st for a while.

But we aren’t going TE.

Jerm
Miller is one of the only people that mocked CEH to us at 32 (second to last mock).

He probably just doesn’t realize we signed Seales-Jones. He’s convinced we will never stop giving Mahomes weapons (and he’s right, just not here).

He was talking about it before they picked last night too, about how the Chiefs have been on CEH for a while now....

BryanBusby
Not sure how else you would characterize someone that talks about their son saying they liked his penis.

kccrow

Alot of starters/key pieces on this team last year for that SB run weren't drafted or brought in initially as UDFAs by KC. It's hard to argue with that perception.

Regular starters on defense...
Mathieu
Fuller
Breeland
Ward
Hitchens
Wilson
Ragland
Clark
Suggs
Okafor

Regular starters on offense...
Watkins
Sherman
Wisniewski
Rieter
Schwartz
Williams

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:37 PM
Something I think you could see, the Cowboys using a pick today on Devin Asiasi, that dude can play as a movement TE and would complete the offense.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:38 PM
Lol wut?

It’s hard to argue that the Chiefs can draft?

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:39 PM
Not sure how else you would characterize someone that talks about their son saying they liked his penis.

Wtf?

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:41 PM
Wtf?
I think he tweeted it and deleted it after people were like what the fuck is wrong with you dude

It was allover the draft reddit thing

kccrow
04-24-2020, 01:49 PM
Lol wut?

It’s hard to argue that the Chiefs can draft?

Yes.

Chiefs starting defenders they drafted:
Nnadi (2018 3rd)
Jones (2016 2nd)
Thornhill (pre-injury, 2019 2nd)
Sorensen (2014 UDFA, he was essentially a "starter" at the end)

Chiefs starting offensive players they drafted:
Mahomes (2017 1st)
Hill (2016 5th)
Kelce (2013 3rd)
Fisher (2013 1st)
Duvernay-Tardif (2014 6th)

Special Teams standouts
Colquitt (2005 3rd)
Hardman (2019 2nd)

11 of the 25 most important pieces on the team actually drafted by KC.
2005 - 1
2013 - 2
2014 - 2
2015 - 0
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 1
2019 - 2

Go from there with depth if you want to. Not sure it'll look astoundingly better.

RealSNR
04-24-2020, 01:54 PM
And if his mock draft fell like that....I would go

Logan Wilson, LB
Ben Bartch, OG/OT

Brugler can fuck goats if he passes on Wilson for a DT who's not even that special

Wilson8
04-24-2020, 01:55 PM
Yep. Let’s hope there’s a run on HB’s and QB’s this evening, before our picks.

I'm not sure we will see a lot of QBs go today.

Maybe -
Jacob Eason 6-6, 231 Washington
Jalen Hurts 6-1, 222 Oklahoma
Jake Fromm 6-2, 219 Georgia

Some OTs that are possible to be drafted today.

Ezra Cleveland 6-6, 311 Boise State
Josh Jones 6-5, 319 Houston
Matt Peart 6-7, 318 Connecticut
Prince Tega Wanogho 6-5, 308 Auburn
Lucas Niang 6-6, 315 Texas Christian
Jack Driscoll 6-5, 306 Auburn

Guards
Robert Hunt 6-5, 323 Louisiana
Solomon Kindley 6-3, 337 Georgia
Netane Muti 6-3, 315 Fresno State
John Simpson 6-4, 321 Clemson
Jonah Jackson 6-3, 306 Ohio State
Ben Bredeson 6-5, 315 Michigan
Damien Lewis 6-2, 327 LSU

Mecca
04-24-2020, 01:57 PM
Apparently James Morgan and Jake Luton have a lot more buzz in the league than online and could both go today in the second round.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2020, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure we will see a lot of QBs go today.

Maybe -
Jacob Eason 6-6, 231 Washington
Jalen Hurts 6-1, 222 Oklahoma
Jake Fromm 6-2, 219 Georgia

Some OTs that are possible to be drafted today.

Ezra Cleveland 6-6, 311 Boise State
Josh Jones 6-5, 319 Houston
Matt Peart 6-7, 318 Connecticut
Prince Tega Wanogho 6-5, 308 Auburn
Lucas Niang 6-6, 315 Texas Christian
Jack Driscoll 6-5, 306 Auburn

Guards
Robert Hunt 6-5, 323 Louisiana
Solomon Kindley 6-3, 337 Georgia
Netane Muti 6-3, 315 Fresno State
John Simpson 6-4, 321 Clemson
Jonah Jackson 6-3, 306 Ohio State
Ben Bredeson 6-5, 315 Michigan
Damien Lewis 6-2, 327 LSU
I agree, there won’t be many, but I can envision a few going in the 2nd round(like you said), which obviously helps our cause.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Yes.

Chiefs starting defenders they drafted:
Nnadi (2018 3rd)
Jones (2016 2nd)
Thornhill (pre-injury, 2019 2nd)
Sorensen (2014 UDFA, he was essentially a "starter" at the end)

Chiefs starting offensive players they drafted:
Mahomes (2017 1st)
Hill (2016 5th)
Kelce (2013 3rd)
Fisher (2013 1st)
Duvernay-Tardif (2014 6th)

Special Teams standouts
Colquitt (2005 3rd)
Hardman (2019 2nd)

11 of the 25 most important pieces on the team actually drafted by KC.
2005 - 1
2013 - 2
2014 - 2
2015 - 0
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 1
2019 - 2

Go from there with depth if you want to. Not sure it'll look astoundingly better.

This is fucking stupid.

I don’t care about the numbers. I don’t care about the misses.

This team finds the best players. None of them were lay ups either. They all took incredible scouting. That’s all fucking care about. For that reason alone, they can certainly draft.

Wilson8
04-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Apparently James Morgan and Jake Luton have a lot more buzz in the league than online and could both go today in the second round.

It is hard to tell on this stuff.

Read that New England was really interested in James Morgan. Indianapolis was also interested in him.

I thought he was the best QB in the 2020 East-West Shrine Bowl. He really stands out as a leader.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Only one team has drafted more Pro Bowlers than the Chiefs since 2000, but they can’t draft.....

Then what the fuck does that say about the rest of the NFL?

RealSNR
04-24-2020, 02:09 PM

I freaking love Bryant. I honestly think he's got Kelce potential.

As if Andy needed more weapons... he is now afforded some creative designs out of the 2 TE set?

I'd be over the moon if we took Bryant. I love the idea.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 02:10 PM
I freaking love Bryant. I honestly think he's got Kelce potential.

As if Andy needed more weapons... he is now afforded some creative designs out of the 2 TE set?

I'd be over the moon if we took Bryant. I love the idea.

I don’t think it happens, but I will NEVER complain about drafting a weapon on offense as long as we have Mahomes.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 02:12 PM
This is fucking stupid.

I don’t care about the numbers. I don’t care about the misses.

This team finds the best players. None of them were lay ups either. They all took incredible scouting. That’s all fucking care about. For that reason alone, they can certainly draft.

I'm being realistic that I don't know that KC has gotten enough from the past but I don't think they were terrible either. I was showing I can see the argument from the other side, which is what was brought up.

If you get 2 starters and a depth guy, you had a really good draft in my mind. KC has done a good job of adding players lately but there are alot of spots held down by guys brought in from the outside (about 60% of starters). So, there's some room to improve yet. I think 2019 was a great draft. Hardman, Saunders, and Thornhill are all impact contributors. I don't expect more.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 02:14 PM
I'm being realistic that I don't know that KC has gotten enough from the past but I don't think they were terrible either. I was showing I can see the argument from the other side, which is what was brought up.

If you get 2 starters and a depth guy, you had a really good draft in my mind. KC has done a good job of adding players lately but there are alot of spots held down by guys brought in from the outside (about 60% of starters). So, there's some room to improve yet. I think 2019 was a great draft. Hardman, Saunders, and Thornhill are all impact contributors. I don't expect more.

Fair enough, but if the goal is to use the draft to get the best players and build the best team, I’d certainly say we’ve done a good job drafting even if we had to support it with FA signings and trades.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 02:15 PM
Only one team has drafted more Pro Bowlers than the Chiefs since 2000, but they can’t draft.....

Then what the fuck does that say about the rest of the NFL?

What do pro-bowls matter? The point is to draft guys that contribute and, in doing so, generate wins.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 02:16 PM
Fair enough, but if the goal is to use the draft to get the best players and build the best team, I’d certainly say we’ve done a good job drafting even if we had to support it with FA signings and trades.

Well, the team Dorsey inherited was garbage. No way he was filling all those voids in the draft. That has also carried over to Veach. I don't think you can build a team purely in the draft, but if you can get to 60% I think you've got the bull by the ass.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 02:23 PM
What do pro-bowls matter? The point is to draft guys that contribute and, in doing so, generate wins.

I understand that Pro Bowls aren’t the be all end all trust me, but that doesn’t happen is you can’t draft. It’s really that simple.

And if winning is the answer, we’ve done that as well.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 02:27 PM
So NFL.com is saying Grant Delpit is Kenny Vaccarro, how do you all feel about that comparison?

staylor26
04-24-2020, 02:30 PM
So NFL.com is saying Grant Delpit is Kenny Vaccarro, how do you all feel about that comparison?

I think he’s a lot better in coverage and more athletic.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 02:31 PM
I understand that Pro Bowls aren’t the be all end all trust me, but that doesn’t happen is you can’t draft. It’s really that simple.

And if winning is the answer, we’ve done that as well.

I agree with you overall. I think there's some credence to being analytical and looking at the fact that more than 50% of the impact players weren't drafted by KC though. I think one could say "the Chiefs could draft better" but I'd reject the theory that the Chiefs "can't draft" or are terrible at it.

I think the most important factor is that the team has been effective in assembling a complete football team the past few years, regardless of source. I don't care where players come from, personally, so long as they are added.

I'm a big proponent of moving a 2021 pick for Epenesa because it's a high $$$ position that would really help KC's defense and allow them to keep other impact guys, such as Chris Jones, around. You can't constantly be scouring waivers for starters at premium positions. Those are the ones you have to nail in the draft. QB, DE, CB, OT. Get those right and you'll be in good shape.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 02:32 PM
Watch Veach go all offense in this draft lol

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 02:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One personnel director calls this “the deepest second round in the last 25 years.” He believes there are 20 players available tonight that could have been first-round picks; there usually are 7-10. “There will be as many starters in this round that there are in the first round.”</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1253781772359393282?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 02:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One personnel director calls this “the deepest second round in the last 25 years.” He believes there are 20 players available tonight that could have been first-round picks; there usually are 7-10. “There will be as many starters in this round that there are in the first round.”</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1253781772359393282?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wonder if a 3 next year combined w/ this year's 3 would get us a 2nd pick in the round.

Probably not. If so, it would be at the ass end of the round. Even low 50s would probably require a 2nd next year.

nychief
04-24-2020, 02:51 PM

Don't you feel like you read a quote like this every year?

staylor26
04-24-2020, 02:53 PM
Don't you feel like you read a quote like this every year?

Absolutely not.

There are usually 20 some 1st rounders in a draft. It’s not hyperbole. This draft is DEEP.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 02:59 PM
Absolutely not.

There are usually 20 some 1st rounders in a draft. It’s not hyperbole. This draft is DEEP.

For real. There are still 3-4 WRs that should be first rounders. We should go CB or whatever player honey Badger wants

redshirt32
04-24-2020, 03:01 PM
Gbndraft, has Antonio Gibson listed 32nd on thier big board today.
Just curious what players some CP gurus have left on thier big board close to where Chiefs select today.

Titty Meat
04-24-2020, 03:09 PM
I'll blow S Taylor on Zoom if we get Bryce Hall

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 03:11 PM
I'll blow S Taylor on Zoom if we get Bryce Hall

I think Thornhill May blow Veach if we draft him

JakeF
04-24-2020, 03:16 PM
Get the best Guard we can. If we are going to run the ball, we might as well have some blocking.

redshirt32
04-24-2020, 03:19 PM
I feel like 2nd round will go down like the 1st.
Picking at the bottom of each round, its like we are a round behind each team.
It's like looking for draft gems other teams had marked for the next round so you take them a round early because they wont be there your next selection.
Hope we pick 32nd in many future drafts!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 03:20 PM
You think Veach trades up tonight at all?

RealSNR
04-24-2020, 03:25 PM

How could he possibly make that determination? The NFL hastily said, "Just do the draft!" and locked all of the league's scouts in a dark room in an underground concrete bunker with no wifi for a month and a half! Mickey Loomis said all of these teams are just going to chuck shit at a dart board and pick players randomly, because they have no information!!!

Titty Meat
04-24-2020, 03:26 PM
I think Thornhill May blow Veach if we draft him

See were all happy

Titty Meat
04-24-2020, 03:28 PM
What's everyones thoughts on a guy like Logan Wilson?

staylor26
04-24-2020, 03:32 PM

Love him.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 03:33 PM

Hope we draft him.

Titty Meat
04-24-2020, 03:35 PM
Even though Hall is my crush Wilson fills probably the only hole I see on this team besides interior OL.

RedSea90
04-24-2020, 03:35 PM
So you take a RB with your #1 pick and then trade your 2021 #1 pick to make up for the guy you did not take at #32 this year?

This draft is deep at plenty of positions, if it’s someone they think is a first round talent then why the fuck not. We’re picking at 30-32 next year so it’s not like we’re passing on a blue chip player. We’re gonna get a lot of comp picks next year and to be honest we always do well in rounds 2-4.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 03:36 PM
Get the best Guard we can. If we are going to run the ball, we might as well have some blocking.

It’s looking like round four on that IMO, Reid’s history with the line strongly suggests that’s as high as it’s gonna get

Megatron96
04-24-2020, 03:49 PM
Probably no way he falls that far, but I like Gandy Golden. Otherwise, probably a LB.

KChiefs1
04-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Just ran another mock for the 2nd round. Here are the players that were available:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200424/7ac54858d8ef95b8ac7093bab30d1882.plist

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 03:57 PM
I have a feeling that Winfield goes in the top half of the 2nd round.

KChiefs1
04-24-2020, 04:05 PM
I have a feeling that Winfield goes in the top half of the 2nd round.

Me too.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Just ran another mock for the 2nd round. Here are the players that were available:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200424/7ac54858d8ef95b8ac7093bab30d1882.plist

Chinn or Dantzler

staylor26
04-24-2020, 04:14 PM
If we get Chinn I’ll JIMP

DrRyan
04-24-2020, 04:15 PM
If we get Chinn I’ll JIMP

Cheers to that! Would add so much versatility to the D.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 04:17 PM
Cheers to that! Would add so much versatility to the D.

That’s where people get kind of lost in terms of a solution to our problem at LB.

Would it be nice to get a LB that can cover like Wilson or Gay? Of course.

But if they’re gone and Chinn or Dugger on the board you could use them to keep your LB’s out of a vulnerable position/situation.

BossChief
04-24-2020, 04:18 PM

I’d gladly do that right now in the blink of an eye.

Lots of players on the board right now that would be great fits. Hell, I’d gladly trade next years first AND a fifth this year for a second rounder in the first 10 picks this year.

All of those guys will be far better than anyone available at 32 next year.

UChieffyBugger
04-24-2020, 04:19 PM
Surely one of the picks has to be Gay or Wilson? The other could be a safety or line-man.