PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ron Wolf taught Andy Reid a lesson

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:48 AM
Wolf told Reid that his biggest regret was he did not give Brett Favre more weapons...

Get used to it guys. This is the philosophy of this football team. Maximize your asset in Mahomes.

TwistedChief
04-24-2020, 02:04 AM
Yes. And pair that with a gunslinger GM like Veach and you have a dynasty.

Mahomes_Is_God
04-24-2020, 02:15 AM
Give Pat all the weapons, worry about defence later. Even with one of the worst defences ever we were simply Dee Forded from the superbowl. Prioritize Pat first, always.

Chieftain
04-24-2020, 02:36 AM
The way I see it, CEH will have significantly more impact in our team winning or losing games as compared to guys like Gladney or Fulton. Veach likes to draft and sign impact players. He doesn't care much about draft capital as long as he gets that impact guy or two that he thinks will make the difference. And he fills in the empty slots with spare parts in free agency. It's an interesting strategy that is proving successful thus far.

BWillie
04-24-2020, 03:10 AM
Give Pat all the weapons, worry about defence later. Even with one of the worst defences ever we were simply Dee Forded from the superbowl. Prioritize Pat first, always.

I know ppl like to give Dee Ford shit but hes a good pass rusher when used on certain down and yardages. Bob Sutton was waaaaaaaaaaay more to blame than anyone else. The only reason he didn't get fired earlier was because he was able to shut down New England in circa 2017 in one regular season game.

Bob Sutton and Alexis Smith prevented us from winning Super Bowls.

rabblerouser
04-24-2020, 04:43 AM
I know ppl like to give Dee Ford shit but hes a good pass rusher when used on certain down and yardages. Bob Sutton was waaaaaaaaaaay more to blame than anyone else. The only reason he didn't get fired earlier was because he was able to shut down New England in circa 2017 in one regular season game.

Bob Sutton and Alexis Smith prevented us from winning Super Bowls.
Bob Sutton coached the #4 overall defense in 2014 and the #2 overall defense in 2015.

Bob Sutton didn't tell that brokedick Dee Ford to line up offsides.

Quit being stupid, please.

kcclone
04-24-2020, 07:00 AM
Bob Sutton coached the #4 overall defense in 2014 and the #2 overall defense in 2015.

Bob Sutton didn't tell that brokedick Dee Ford to line up offsides.

Quit being stupid, please.

Bob Sutton was horrible his last tow seasons. There’s no defending him. If we have Spags I’m 2018 with Dee Ford we’re probably 2x champs

BigRedChief
04-24-2020, 07:44 AM
Wolf told Reid that his biggest regret was he did not give Brett Favre more weapons...

Get used to it guys. This is the philosophy of this football team. Maximize your asset in Mahomes.Which obviously can work IF you don't have a bottom of the league defense. Then it costs you a Super Bowl. You have to have, at least, a middle of the pack defense,

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 08:25 AM

I don't know, our defense came up HUGE down the stretch.

I think we have a damned good defense and expect we'll be top 10 this season. (if there IS a season).

We need a piece or two there, but we still have a lot of draft to go, plus UDFA and another round of FA.

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 08:28 AM
Which obviously can work IF you don't have a bottom of the league defense. Then it costs you a Super Bowl. You have to have, at least, a middle of the pack defense,

We had middle of the pack last year, hence we won the super bowl. The question is if it can remain middle of the pack with what on paper looks to be less talent, as of now, than we had last year. We've lost Ogbah, Fuller, and Ragland and get back Breeland Speaks, for whatever he's worth. I think we were 16th or 17th in the NFL in defense last year, but probably around 10th or so if you go off the second half of the season. But I'm not sure we stay that way without adding some more pieces.

OKchiefs
04-24-2020, 08:30 AM
I don't know, our defense came up HUGE down the stretch.

I think we have a damned good defense and expect we'll be top 10 this season. (if there IS a season).

We need a piece or two there, but we still have a lot of draft to go, plus UDFA and another round of FA.

Possibly, but keep in mind our schedule when were playing like a top 10 defense wasn't exactly full of offensive juggernauts. As I mentioned in my previous post, we've lost 2-3 important pieces from last years defense and haven't really added anything yet. I think it's a mistake to just assume we'll be top 10 unless we actually go out and get some more pieces.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 08:31 AM
We had middle of the pack last year, hence we won the super bowl. The question is if it can remain middle of the pack with what on paper looks to be less talent, as of now, than we had last year. We've lost Ogbah, Fuller, and Ragland and get back Breeland Speaks, for whatever he's worth. I think we were 16th or 17th in the NFL in defense last year, but probably around 10th or so if you go off the second half of the season. But I'm not sure we stay that way without adding some more pieces.

Ogbah missed the half of the season when the defense improved...Fuller basically became a utility backup and Ragland well that shouldn't be a hard fix.

MahiMike
04-24-2020, 08:31 AM
The way I see it, CEH will have significantly more impact in our team winning or losing games as compared to guys like Gladney or Fulton. Veach likes to draft and sign impact players. He doesn't care much about draft capital as long as he gets that impact guy or two that he thinks will make the difference. And he fills in the empty slots with spare parts in free agency. It's an interesting strategy that is proving successful thus far.

There's no such thing as a reach. Guy's either on your team for 5 years or he isn't.