PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs *****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2020, 07:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Worst passer rating allowed by a defender:<br>1. Andrew Sendejo - 150.5<br>2. Antoine Winfield Jr. - 145.3<br>3. Xavier Woods - 144.6<br>4. Ashtyn Davis - 142.5<br><br>Best:<br>1. Xavien Howard - 42.3<br>2. L&#39;Jarius Sneed - 42.6<br>3. Matt Milano - 47.2<br>4. Bryce Callahan - 47.8</p>&mdash; ProFootballReference (@pfref) <a href="https://twitter.com/pfref/status/1337813223911854086?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RollChiefsRoll
12-21-2020, 11:26 AM
Bumping to give this man his well-earned props. The kid is a fucking beast.

staylor26
12-21-2020, 11:28 AM
I just want to give a huge pat on the fucking back to ME for identifying this guy as a potential steal and nailing the pick to the round in my final mock draft of 2020.

:)

O.city
12-21-2020, 11:29 AM
Are we supposed to overlook the other 37 guys you always identify that end up sucking ass?

staylor26
12-21-2020, 11:31 AM
Are we supposed to overlook the other 37 guys you always identify that end up sucking ass?

Like Chris Jones, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, Juan Thornhill, Mecole Hardman etc.?

Suck my dick.

I nailed the Willie Gay AND Sneed pick. The Thornhill pick last year. That’s a pattern dude.

Let me know when you’re calling your shot on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks.

ThaVirus
12-21-2020, 11:43 AM

LMAO For real.

Sneed is a baller, though. Looks to have a very high ceiling. He’s super athletic and I love that he ain’t afraid to make a tackle.

staylor26
12-21-2020, 11:45 AM
LMAO For real.

Sneed is a baller, though. Looks to have a very high ceiling. He’s super athletic and I love that he ain’t afraid to make a tackle.

Oh look another guy talking shit who’s NEVER called their shot on a prospect/pick!

LMAO

Anybody that pays attention to the draft forum knows I know my shit by now. You 2 don’t have a fucking clue.

O.city
12-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Like Chris Jones, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, Juan Thornhill, Mecole Hardman etc.?

Suck my dick.

I nailed the Willie Gay AND Sneed pick. The Thornhill pick last year. That’s a pattern dude.

Let me know when you’re calling your shot on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/i91QwAQtvWqNW" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/television-the-office-john-krasinski-i91QwAQtvWqNW">via GIPHY</a></p>

Sassy Squatch
12-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Wasn't there some speculation that we could make a move for Howard in the past? A damn shame that never worked out.

staylor26
12-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Wasn't there some speculation that we could make a move for Howard in the past? A damn shame that never worked out.

I think the rumor that he was on the trade block was BS in the first place.

Sassy Squatch
12-21-2020, 11:53 AM
You know, it's actually Fitzpatrick I'm thinking of. There's been rumors about the Dolphins offloading Howard ever since he signed that deal but we were actually somewhat engaged in trying for Fitzpatrick IIRC.

ThaVirus
12-21-2020, 11:55 AM
Oh look another guy talking shit who’s NEVER called their shot on a prospect/pick!

LMAO

Anybody that pays attention to the draft forum knows I know my shit by now. You 2 don’t have a fucking clue.

I don’t “call shots” because I don’t give a shit about patting myself on the back later.

Only insecure sissies give a shit about making accurate predictions or checking their thumbs up/thumbs down like you.

staylor26
12-21-2020, 12:01 PM
I don’t “call shots” because I don’t give a shit about patting myself on the back later.

Only insecure sissies give a shit about making accurate predictions or checking their thumbs up/thumbs down like you.

LMAO

Yea I’m just so insecure. It’s not that I’m very passionate about the draft and do a lot of homework and enjoy seeing my team win SB’s with guys that I pounded the table for. It’s just that I’m insecure!

ForeverIowan
12-21-2020, 12:10 PM
Sneed/Baker/Fenton looking like it could be a damn good corner group next year on the cheap. Whats the word on Baker haven't heard a lot. Is the thought he will be here next year? Sneed just an absolute stud what a hit by Veach. Keep bringing in players like Sneed and Gay on that defense. Run like the wind and not afraid of laying freaking wood.

The Franchise
12-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Sneed/Baker/Fenton looking like it could be a damn good corner group next year on the cheap. Whats the word on Baker haven't heard a lot. Is the thought he will be here next year? Sneed just an absolute stud what a hit by Veach. Keep bringing in players like Sneed and Gay on that defense. Run like the wind and not afraid of laying freaking wood.

Baker hasn’t done shit yet and why are you getting rid of Ward?

ForeverIowan
12-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Baker hasn’t done shit yet and why are you getting rid of Ward?

Last I checked Ward is a free agent. We will see what kind of contract he demands. Id be hesitant to pay him. Clearly Baker hasnt done shit. Veach brought him in for a reason though.

bobhill
12-21-2020, 12:32 PM
Last I checked Ward is a free agent. We will see what kind of contract he demands. Id be hesitant to pay him. Clearly Baker hasnt done shit. Veach brought him in for a reason though.

They brought him in because they were gonna draft him if CEH wouldn't have fallen to us.

The Franchise
12-21-2020, 12:33 PM

Pretty sure he’s a RFA

O.city
12-21-2020, 12:37 PM

LMAO

Anybody that pays attention to the draft forum knows I know my shit by now. You 2 don’t have a ****ing clue.

My clean record speaks for itself

staylor26
12-21-2020, 12:50 PM
My clean record speaks for itself

What about your record on potential trades?

;)

pugsnotdrugs19
12-21-2020, 12:51 PM
Pretty sure he’s a RFA

He is, I would think he’d be a 2nd round tender all day.

To go into next year with 4 potential starter level CBs for so cheap is a no-brainer. Especially when we won’t have really any money to spend on outside improvements.

O.city
12-21-2020, 12:53 PM
What about your record on potential trades?

;)

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/WrJ8x0niiblWEoo7hE" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/curbyourenthusiasm-curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david-WrJ8x0niiblWEoo7hE">via GIPHY</a></p>

RunKC
12-21-2020, 01:07 PM
3 picks, 7 passes defended and a sack in only 8 games.

This guy is better than all of the 1st rd corners taken. Right now this looks like the steal of the entire draft

OKchiefs
12-21-2020, 01:09 PM
3 picks, 7 passes defended and a sack in only 8 games.

This guy is better than all of the 1st rd corners taken. Right now this looks like the steal of the entire draft

Looking a hell of a lot better than Okudah in Detroit, never would have seen that coming. The guy was an absolute steal. If he hadn't been injured I think he would be in contention for DROY.

ForeverIowan
12-21-2020, 01:22 PM

To go into next year with 4 potential starter level CBs for so cheap is a no-brainer. Especially when we won’t have really any money to spend on outside improvements.

Spot on. If they were planning to sign Ward to any sort of long term deal I feel like Veach would've had it done by now. We will see how it plays out.

ThaVirus
12-21-2020, 01:27 PM
LMAO

Yea I’m just so insecure. It’s not that I’m very passionate about the draft and do a lot of homework and enjoy seeing my team win SB’s with guys that I pounded the table for. It’s just that I’m insecure!

You are though. No one who feels the need to pat themselves on the back as much as you do is secure. You check and complain about your rep/thumbs up-down like a 14 year old girl on Instagram and you've threatened other members with physical violence when arguments don't go your way.

Let's face it, dude, you're kind of a puss.

OKchiefs
12-21-2020, 01:28 PM
You are though. No one who feels the need to pat themselves on the back as much as you do is secure. You check and complain about your rep/thumbs up-down like a 14 year old girl on Instagram and you've threatened other members with physical violence when arguments don't go your way.

LMAO:LOL:ROFL

ThaVirus
12-21-2020, 01:29 PM
Looking a hell of a lot better than Okudah in Detroit, never would have seen that coming. The guy was an absolute steal. If he hadn't been injured I think he would be in contention for DROY.

Detroit is such a shit organization it's tough to gauge at this point.

There seems to be something about Spag's system that makes it easy on CBs. On the surface it appears we're really maxing out production from guys like Ward, Breeland, and Fenton despite having an invisible pass rush of late.

staylor26
12-21-2020, 01:29 PM

When the fuck have I ever complained about rep or thumbs down? LMAO

You’re so full of shit it’s unbelievable.

I, one time, pointed out that more people agreed with me than you due to upvotes/downvotes and now you’ve created this narrative that I’m obsessed with it.

Talk about insecure, you brought up rep and up/down votes in this discussion (probably because somebody upvoted my posts) not me LMAO

Just like the claim that I am constantly missing on prospects, this is baseless bullshit.

Dunerdr
12-21-2020, 01:30 PM
Is it selfish or greedy to hope for a second LJ sneed style prospect in this years draft? This guys been a bamf.

OKchiefs
12-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Is it selfish or greedy to hope for a second LJ sneed style prospect in this years draft? This guys been a bamf.

I'd take a Jared Allen type in the 4th round again

RealSNR
12-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Or a Rich Scanlon type in rookie free agency!

Dunerdr
12-21-2020, 01:35 PM
Or a Rich Scanlon type in rookie free agency!

plz stahp

OKchiefs
12-21-2020, 01:36 PM

Add in Baker and I'm fine with standing pat at the position, which is surprising considering how much I've bitched about cornerback. Maybe Keyes provides something in year 2. Sneed, Ward, Fenton, Keyes, and maybe some cheap FA or another late draft pick is not bad at all, especially if they can find a pass rush.

MahiMike
12-21-2020, 01:38 PM
Dude has 2 picks in what? 6 games played this year? Need moar guys like him w/hands.

KChiefs1
12-21-2020, 02:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> 2020 Week 15 Highest-Graded Defensive Player: CB L’Jarius Sneed - 90.3<br><br>• Career-Best grade<br><br>• 1 Comp, 6 Targets, 17 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 PBU<br><br>• 2 Pressures &amp; 1 Sack in 4 Pass Rushes<br><br>• 2 Stops &amp; 0 Missed Tackles<br><br>��: Derick E. Hingle, USA Today<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/c00JDdGQI9">pic.twitter.com/c00JDdGQI9</a></p>&mdash; PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Chiefs/status/1341078330418839555?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
12-24-2020, 07:34 PM
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/ljarius-sneed-chiefs-steals-2020-nfl-draft

BWillie
12-24-2020, 08:02 PM
The guy needs to play all of the snaps. But all of our corners have been good to be honest. Most surprising group.

PAChiefsGuy
12-24-2020, 10:12 PM
Dudes going to be special.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-24-2020, 10:14 PM
He needs to replace Ward

bobhill
12-24-2020, 11:54 PM
He needs to replace Ward

They need to keep ward , for when breeland leaves

Pitt Gorilla
12-25-2020, 01:06 AM

Another study in stupidity of suggesting that any position (outside of QB) has to be drafted "high." Excellent players can be found throughout, and even outside of, the draft.

KChiefs1
12-26-2020, 02:31 PM
https://theathletic.com/2281130/2020/12/24/chiefs-improved-discipline-on-defense-in-full-display-vs-saints-film-review/

Chiefs’ improved discipline on defense in full display vs. Saints: Film review

by

Seth Keysor

To properly analyze the game, it’s important to look at how each drive transpired and the effect it had on the game overall. It’s easy to forget now after quarterback Patrick Mahomes’ heroics and the final output (32 points) by Kansas City, but the Saints’ defense did an excellent job slowing down the Chiefs early. Kansas City’s first two drives ended in punts after little progress was made, and the Saints could have altered the nature of the game had they scored on either of their ensuing possessions. Instead, it was the defense that gave the offense a spark, stopping the Saints cold for a punt on their first drive then handing Mahomes and Co. excellent field position with an interception on the second.

This interception came courtesy of rookie cornerback L’Jarius Sneed, who has continued to impress in recent weeks after returning from injury. While some interceptions are a function of a bad throw or miscommunication between the quarterback and wide receivers, in Sneed’s case it was the result of excellent coverage giving almost no shot at a completion. It was also a chance for Sneed to show off his skill set and versatility.

On this play, Sneed is lined up in tight coverage, set to jam the receiver. The Saints try to execute a pick for their underneath route, hoping that the receiver Sneed is directly over will drive into him and create space.

It’s a decent idea in theory, but Sneed does a nice job delivering contact while receiving it and isn’t driven into his fellow defenders, who are looking to bait Saints quarterback Drew Brees into an apparently open underneath throw that they can hope to break up or tackle short of the first-down marker.

Brees is smart enough to not take the bait, so he looks to his receiver in a one-on-one situation against a rookie. That’s the sort of matchup that should favor the Saints, but it doesn’t here and Brees doesn’t realize it before it’s too late.

Sneed does an excellent job maintaining contact with the receiver in order to feel and redirect the route, but not so much to draw a flag. When the receiver cuts outs, Sneed is able to run the route better because he can feel that it’s coming.

He undercuts it and is in such great position that by the time the ball arrives, the only question is whether or not he’ll be able to stay in bounds while making the catch, which he does with some phenomenal toe-tapping.

This interception gave Kansas City the ball back on the Saints’ 36-yard-line, and they responded by scoring a touchdown to take an early lead that would have been impossible without the contributions of the defense. And on the ensuing drive, the Chiefs forced New Orleans into a three-and-out punt that allowed the Chiefs to get the ball back and build a 14-0 lead that would prove instrumental in the win.

On the next down, a third-and-4, Sneed once again showed off his ability as Brees tried a deep shot to veteran receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who could not get any separation from Sneed deep. Look at Brees’ options even after he makes his pass.

With the deep route appropriately passed off and the out-breaking route bracketed, Brees has no choice but to hold the ball longer. Even a late leak by the tight end is well covered by the Chiefs, another example of their discipline, and Sneed is able to collect the sack thanks to exceptional coverage on the play.

In a “Groundhog Day”-like repetition, the coverage here has provided Brees with no reasonable outlet to go. Everyone is bracketed or well-covered with leverage. He tries to force a throw to Sneed’s receiver on a crossing route, but the rookie aggressively closes and knocks the ball away.

The pass rush still hasn’t returned to its form from 2019, but the coverage on the back end has started to look even better than last year’s group with the addition of Sneed and safety Juan Thornhill starting to look healthier. With the playoffs coming and pass defense being key to beating most opponents on the road to the Super Bowl, this couldn’t come at a better time.

Dante84
12-27-2020, 03:34 PM
He’s a star.

If Thornhill has a bounce back year next season, and Baker gets coached up, our secondary will be in great shape for the next few seasons.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-27-2020, 03:57 PM
And we have but one person to thank for his being awesome.

staylor26, thank you.

BWillie
12-27-2020, 04:05 PM
I'm convinced he's our best CB. He should play all the snaps and be CB1 from now on. Maybe that ruggles a vets feathers like Breeland but I dont care.

ThaVirus
12-27-2020, 04:07 PM
And we have but one person to thank for his being awesome.

staylor26, thank you.

LMAO

In all seriousness, who's got greater potential- Sneed or Gay?

I'm inclined to say Sneed but Gay does have all of the physical tools to be an elite LB.

staylor26
12-27-2020, 04:08 PM
LMAO

In all seriousness, who's got greater potential- Sneed or Gay?

I'm inclined to say Sneed but Gay does have all of the physical tools to be an elite LB.

Just a reminder that I didn’t just nail the Sneed pick, it was both of those guys.

Just luck though, right?

ThaVirus
12-27-2020, 04:30 PM
Just a reminder that I didn’t just nail the Sneed pick, it was both of those guys.

Just luck though, right?

Actually, yes. There is clearly an element of luck involved in talent evaluation.

Those were good calls, though, and I have no issue with the occasional "Damn, check this out. I nailed this prediction." type of posts, but you clearly have some insecurity you need to work through with your constant need to praise yourself for your successful calls.

Plus, like I said, you're wrong fairly frequently. Off the top of my head, you got indignant with DaFace recently when he suggested CEH might not play/get a heavy workload prior to the recent Broncos game. You assured us that he was good to go and would get a normal workload- he didn't even touch the ball that game, IIRC.

You and I also had a similar exchange before the season about CEH's production. You were upset that I said it wasn't likely for Clyde to score 11 TDs as RunKC predicted, citing the fact that "LeSean McCoy's corpse scored 5 TDs last season". Well, CEH's season is over and he finished with only 4 TDs despite a near-feature back role for a majority of the season.

staylor26
12-27-2020, 04:44 PM
Actually, yes. There is clearly an element of luck involved in talent evaluation.

Those were good calls, though, and I have no issue with the occasional "Damn, check this out. I nailed this prediction." type of posts, but you clearly have some insecurity you need to work through with your constant need to praise yourself for your successful calls.

Plus, like I said, you're wrong fairly frequently. Off the top of my head, you got indignant with DaFace recently when he suggested CEH might not play/get a heavy workload prior to the recent Broncos game. You assured us that he was good to go and would get a normal workload- he didn't even touch the ball that game, IIRC.

You and I also had a similar exchange before the season about CEH's production. You were upset that I said it wasn't likely for Clyde to score 11 TDs as RunKC predicted, citing the fact that "LeSean McCoy's corpse scored 5 TDs last season". Well, CEH's season is over and he finished with only 4 TDs despite a near-feature back role for a majority of the season.

Yea and Thornhill the year before too! Not to mention pounding the table for Kelce, Hunt, and Jones. All just luck! LMAO

I never said I wasn’t wrong or haven’t been wrong about anything in the past. We were talking specifically about talent evaluation and the draft and you guys claimed that I’m always wrong about other prospects. Now you’re moving the goalposts entirely. The truth is my draft takes are usually spot on and it’s obvious to anybody that has been paying attention to the draft forum for the last several years.

And about CEH not having 11 TD’s, I didn’t see our OL being the absolute worst in the league. That obviously changed everything in regards to CEH’s production, and in particular in the red zone.

Rasputin
12-27-2020, 04:45 PM
Chiefs have the #1 Sneed in the playoffs

ThaVirus
12-27-2020, 04:47 PM
Yea and Thornhill the year before too! Not to mention pounding the table for Kelce, Hunt, and Jones. All just luck! LMAO

I never said I wasn’t wrong or haven’t been wrong about anything in the past. We were talking specifically about talent evaluation and the draft and you guys claimed that I’m always wrong about other prospects. Now you’re moving the goalposts entirely. The truth is my draft takes are usually spot on and it’s obvious to anybody that has been paying attention to the draft forum for the last several years.

And about CEH not having 11 TD’s, I didn’t see our OL being the absolute worst in the league. That obviously changed everything in regards to CEH’s production, and in particular in the red zone.

Alright, I guess you weren't speaking to me then because I never said that.

staylor26
12-27-2020, 04:48 PM

That’s what O.City said and you quoted him in agreement, hence why I questioned your ability to evaluate talent.

RunKC
12-27-2020, 04:59 PM
Spags and his staff have been incredible with this secondary.

Ward has played better than before he was with Spags, Matheiu is putting up his best numbers with him, Thornhill was awesome when healthy, Fenton was a goddamn steal and now Sneed?

Hats off to these guys. Just incredible

ThaVirus
12-27-2020, 05:06 PM
That’s what O.City said and you quoted him in agreement, hence why I questioned your ability to evaluate talent.

I might have quoted him but I would never agree with what I bolded. You'll notice you've never even seen me in the draft forum or any prospect threads because I don't follow college ball, which means I wouldn't be able to make that determination.

You're very active in arguments all over the board. You've claimed multiple times that you're "right more often than you're wrong" and I probably challenged that declaration.

O.city
12-27-2020, 05:09 PM

He goes back and edits his posts to make it look like he as a clue. Don’t fall for it.

staylor26
12-27-2020, 05:11 PM
He goes back and edits his posts to make it look like he as a clue. Don’t fall for it.

LMAO

staylor26
12-27-2020, 05:12 PM
I might have quoted him but I would never agree with what I bolded. You'll notice you've never even seen me in the draft forum or any prospect threads because I don't follow college ball, which means I wouldn't be able to make that determination.

You're very active in arguments all over the board. You've claimed multiple times that you're "right more often than you're wrong" and I probably challenged that declaration.

Oh I still believe that I’m right more often than I’m wrong in general, but that doesn’t mean I’m never wrong.

O.city
12-27-2020, 05:12 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/de0JIZr4MBn5igrg4J/giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292mwukakiohzuzse9k1buz68y5rf8tp6ihr67j2y6&rid=giphy.gif

ROYC75
12-27-2020, 06:29 PM
This guy was a 4th rd steal!

Great work Veach and company!

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 11:31 AM
Teams are now picking on Ward because they know Sneed is too good to pick on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ozRj5wr506c?start=773" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scho63
01-18-2021, 02:31 PM
Great pick and he has balled all year including yesterday. Our ROTY by a landslide.

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-18-2021, 02:33 PM
This guy was nails yesterday. Getting good play out of your rookies is how you keep a dynasty going.

thabear04
01-18-2021, 02:34 PM
Mack Lee Award should go to Sneed.

ThaVirus
01-18-2021, 02:42 PM
It's kind of crazy how well-rounded he already is. In a season in which he had no offseason, no preseason, and missed several weeks due to injury, he is potentially our second best defensive back.

He's got great length and speed, plays coverage well, is excellent in run support, and he's a really good blitzer.

BossChief
01-18-2021, 02:43 PM
Sneed shut Landry down all day. Unless I’m missing something (I often am) all of Landry’s catches were on other defenders.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 07:17 PM
Sneed shut Landry down all day. Unless I’m missing something (I often am) all of Landry’s catches were on other defenders.

Sneed has become a shutdown CB.

Why Not?
01-18-2021, 07:51 PM
It's kind of crazy how well-rounded he already is. In a season in which he had no offseason, no preseason, and missed several weeks due to injury, he is potentially our second best defensive back.

He's got great length and speed, plays coverage well, is excellent in run support, and he's a really good blitzer.

Our best CB and it's not particularly close. And our other CB's are decent. That's how good he's been

TEX
01-18-2021, 08:47 PM
Baller! The CB steal of the draft.

hometeam
01-18-2021, 09:10 PM
dude is a fuckin stud

ChiefAshhole1056
01-19-2021, 01:56 AM
Love the mentality this kid plays with. He’s looking to lay dudes out consistently and has the speed, size, and strength to do it routinely. He did great against Jarvis but he could become a household name if he does something similar against Diggs, and honestly I’m not too mad at his odds. He’s the perfect type of CB that could neutralize Diggs.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 02:06 AM
Sneed is a man of few words but he lets his actions speak for himself. If he shuts down Diggs, Sneed will be a household name for years to come. Not only are we looking at a future pro bowler but if he keeps up his current trajectory then he will be in Canton when his career is done

milkshock
01-19-2021, 03:02 AM
What a player this young man is

Sannyasi
01-19-2021, 03:22 AM
Love watching this guy play. If he's this good in his rookie year then the sky is the limit for him! He's already making huge plays in big moments.

Chris Meck
01-19-2021, 04:08 AM
steal of the draft.

emaw1979
01-19-2021, 08:43 AM
If he doesn't get injured he's in the defensive rookie of the year conversation.

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 10:59 AM
If he doesn't get injured he's in the defensive rookie of the year conversation.

Definitely!

thabear04
01-19-2021, 11:32 AM
Sneed is a man of few words but he lets his actions speak for himself. If he shuts down Diggs, Sneed will be a household name for years to come. Not only are we looking at a future pro bowler but if he keeps up his current trajectory then he will be in Canton when his career is done

And Sneed never played in the Bills game so him on Diggs will be a plus for Chiefs.

ModSocks
01-19-2021, 11:39 AM

I wish.

He doesn't have the name recognition.

Not that he doesn't deserve it though....

The secondary as a whole is playing great ball. Most under rated unit of all the playoff teams. Even the throws Mayfield made were just great throws. The coverage was there. None of our guys were truly "beat".

I don't see that changing vs Buff.

Dull Tools
01-19-2021, 11:47 AM
Playing amazing whenever he has played. Its great when you pick up a great player in later rounds.

Wisconsin_Chief
01-19-2021, 01:09 PM
It's utterly ridiculous how good Sneed has been. It's even more ridiculous how little recognition he gets for it.

To snag a legit shutdown corner in the 4th round is just plain amazing. We'll be paying him next to nothing the next 3 years to cover the opposing team's top receiver.

These are the kind of picks your GM has to make when you're paying your QB $500 million and want to remain competitive. With him, Fenton and Ward we'll have our top 3 corners making peanuts next year.

Kiimo
01-19-2021, 01:34 PM
They mentioned Sneed in the broadcast. The thing is it takes a few years for people to recognize shutdown corners because they don't get the interceptions.

But people who know, know. Sneed is a way better player than say, oh I dunno Marcus Peters.

milkshock
01-19-2021, 01:39 PM
He is all over the field, has even been effective on the blitz. Just an instinctive player.

Kiimo
01-19-2021, 01:50 PM
This article is great

L'JARIUS SNEED ONE OF THE BIGGEST STEALS IN 2020 DRAFT CLASS

Kansas City’s rookie class has a chance to be special. The team has seen significant contributions from most of their rookie class, and many of these players project to be key pieces moving forward. While first-round running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire has more than lived up to the hype as being the first running back off the board, one could argue that the most important and perhaps best pick for the franchise’s long-term success was fourth-round corner L’Jarius Sneed.

Pitt Gorilla
01-19-2021, 02:09 PM
steal of the draft.

He is. When other GMs saw him move to safety, that was considered a con. Veach/Spags were like "Where the **** do I sign up?"

Wharton is going to be up there as well regarding "steals." The guy is nearly unblockable.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 02:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sneed didn't play BUF back in week 6 or whatever? So something new for Allen to have to deal with?

Kiimo
01-19-2021, 02:13 PM
No he didn't and if we stick him on Diggs that could be huge.

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-19-2021, 02:17 PM
No he didn't and if we stick him on Diggs that could be huge.

Put him on Diggs with some extra help here and there. Take away Allen's favorite receiver. I'm pretty peanut brain when it comes to football but this seems like a legit strategy.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 02:37 PM
Maybe Sneed/Thornhill on Diggs? Not a big fan of putting a rookie alone on Diggs. Sounds like too big of a risk.

Spags will have a good plan, we know that. Probably some mixture of guys in coverage on Diggs. I think last time he employed some version of the box on Diggs. But he didn't have Sneed, and I think Ward was still dealing with a broken hand, so maybe he spends less resources this time?

Will be interesting to see what he does.

ModSocks
01-19-2021, 03:01 PM
As good as Sneed has been, Breeland and Ward have been excellent as well. I'm pretty damn comfortable with any of those guys on Diggs TBH.

Pitt Gorilla
01-19-2021, 03:20 PM
Meh, we're going to mix coverages throughout the game, as we always do. Against Allen, it's a must. There won't be "one guy" on Diggs or any other receiver.

Kiimo
01-19-2021, 03:22 PM
That's a good point. Sneed playing definitely helps though

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 04:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs CB L&#39;Jarius Sneed, P Tommy Townsend named to PFWA All-Rookie Team<a href="https://t.co/312ZQGH936">https://t.co/312ZQGH936</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs Football Alliance (@FA_NFL_Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/FA_NFL_Chiefs/status/1351616083103510531?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

thabear04
01-19-2021, 04:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lowest passer rating allowed among remaining CBs:<br>�� L&#39;Jarius Sneed - 58.1<br>�� Jaire Alexander - 67.5 <a href="https://t.co/0oCgGaCh6k">pic.twitter.com/0oCgGaCh6k</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1351658456990810115?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
01-19-2021, 04:44 PM
I just don’t see them taking Sneed out of his current role (slot CB), to follow Diggs around. Spags clearly likes what he brings with the blitz (3 sacks in last 3 games), and he’s really physical defending the run.

He could largely erase Beasley, let two other guys double Diggs.

staylor26
01-19-2021, 04:46 PM
I just don’t see them taking Sneed out of his current role (slot CB), to follow Diggs around. Spags clearly likes what he brings with the blitz (3 sacks in last 3 games), and he’s really physical defending the run.

Depends on Breeland and Fulton.

When Breeland went down Sneed moved outside and Mathieu was playing in the slot.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-19-2021, 04:57 PM
Depends on Breeland and Fulton.

When Breeland went down Sneed moved outside and Mathieu was playing in the slot.

Well that’s not great, we need to be able to use Mathieu in his rover do-it-all role if possible. Fenton is probably the best bet compared to Breeland who I doubt plays.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 05:45 PM
Superficially I really like the idea of Sneed on Diggs, but I'm not sure that Breeland/Ward are actually fast/quick enough to cover him. We know Sneed actually is.

But rookies vs. veteran elite WRs never, ever ends well for the rookie, so . . .

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 05:53 PM

Yeah, normally I favor having my best corner to erase their 2nd best WR and then use numbers on their best.

jettio
01-19-2021, 05:58 PM
Veach likes corners who can tackle and love playing football. He has done an amazing job of finding DBs with length and/or speed and can tackle.

Sneed is great.

GloucesterChief
01-19-2021, 06:45 PM
Veach likes corners who can tackle and love playing football. He has done an amazing job of finding DBs with length and/or speed and can tackle.

Sneed is great.

With the way offenses are a true shutdown corner really doesn't exist anymore. Makes sense to get corner that will attack plays, make the tackle, and limit YAC.

jettio
01-19-2021, 07:08 PM
With the way offenses are a true shutdown corner really doesn't exist anymore. Makes sense to get corner that will attack plays, make the tackle, and limit YAC.

On Cleveland's last play on offense. Only a handful of NFL corners could stop Kareem Hunt as quickly as Ward did.

KChiefs1
01-20-2021, 08:33 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WhRzt71fXAA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
01-20-2021, 09:50 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sneed with a good read and avoids the traffic to make the tackle on the outside. Thankful Kpassagnon didn’t hurt his arm or pec on the tackle with how it stretched. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JacobsEyeInTheSky?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JacobsEyeInTheSky</a> <a href="https://t.co/Pdh1fy352O">pic.twitter.com/Pdh1fy352O</a></p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1351917990183383043?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KChiefs1
01-20-2021, 09:52 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sneak good blitz here. Sneed will be coming off the edge but Okafor crashes down for him to occupy the RG and RT. Wilson takes then back’s attention. Sneed makes it look like he has the TE and blends in with the OL until it is too late for Mayfield. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JacobsEyeInTheSky?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JacobsEyeInTheSky</a> <a href="https://t.co/tGU9PPTYYA">pic.twitter.com/tGU9PPTYYA</a></p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1351916138893078529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jjchieffan
01-20-2021, 06:53 PM
As good as Sneed has been, Breeland and Ward have been excellent as well. I'm pretty damn comfortable with any of those guys on Diggs TBH.

I don't know that I would say that Ward has been excellent and that I would be comfortable with him covering Diggs. Don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on Ward. He is a good corner. But he's inconsistent. He's just as apt to make a big mistake as he is to make a big play. I'm glad to have him on the team, but I'm afraid that Diggs would have a big game against him.

MahiMike
01-20-2021, 08:41 PM
Dudes an animal.

Chiefshrink
01-21-2021, 01:30 AM
Dudes an animal.

He's old school tackling and I love it. Lays good wood.:thumb:

Chiefshrink
01-21-2021, 01:34 AM

Agreed. But these guys must have clear communication at all times because Diggs can burn you in a heartbeat.

comochiefsfan
01-21-2021, 01:44 AM
Agreed. But these guys must have clear communication at all times because Diggs can burn you in a heartbeat.

I would just keep safety help on Diggs at all times. Don't let him beat you. All the rest of their receivers are banged up (Diggs is as well), and they can't run the ball at all. Force Allen to beat you throwing the ball to people not named Stefon Diggs.

Spoiler Alert: He won't.

Chiefshrink
01-21-2021, 01:49 AM
I would just keep safety help on Diggs at all times. Don't let him beat you. All the rest of their receivers are banged up (Diggs is as well), and they can't run the ball at all. Force Allen to beat you throwing the ball to people not named Stefon Diggs.

Spoiler Alert: He won't.

Amen !!

Allen has improved his accuracy for sure but not enough to beat the Chiefs IF we get good pressure and good 2ndary play .

ChiefsFanatic
01-21-2021, 01:54 AM
As good as Sneed has been, Breeland and Ward have been excellent as well. I'm pretty damn comfortable with any of those guys on Diggs TBH.I don't understand why Ward gets so much love. I don't care what PFF says, Ward is the best at being next to the receiver catching the ball.

There are so many times when he looks dumbfounded that his man caught the ball. Sure, it looks like he is great in coverage, but he is nearly as oblivious to the ball as William Bartee was.

If his receiver doesn't catch the ball, it usually has more to do with the receiver and the QB, than it does with Ward making a good play.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

DaneMcCloud
01-21-2021, 02:20 AM
I don't understand why Ward gets so much love. I don't care what PFF says, Ward is the best at being next to the receiver catching the ball.

There are so many times when he looks dumbfounded that his man caught the ball. Sure, it looks like he is great in coverage, but he is nearly as oblivious to the ball as William Bartee was.

If his receiver doesn't catch the ball, it usually has more to do with the receiver and the QB, than it does with Ward making a good play.

Ward’s speed covers a lot of his mistakes and while he’s not a #1 by any stretch, he’s not garbage, either.

ChiefsFanatic
01-21-2021, 04:51 AM
Ward’s speed covers a lot of his mistakes and while he’s not a #1 by any stretch, he’s not garbage, either.I don't think he is garbage, but I don't see the star corner that PFF sees, or some of the fans see.

I think he has given up 2 or 3 touchdowns just this year where he looks surprised that his receiver was the target, and surprised that the receiver caught the ball, all because he doesn't seem to have any instincts or awareness when it comes to locating the ball, or anticipating the pass. And it's not just in the end zone.

In contrast, Tyrann Mathieu has instincts, and an internal clock, and is almost always aware that the ball is in the air, and the ability to look for the ball and still stay with his man. I acknowledge that Mathieu's instincts are special, but Ward doesn't seem to have any instincts at all.

I love Ward's size and speed, and I believe he can get better. But, he is being outplayed by Sneed. I think if Sneed didn't miss significant time due to his injury, he may have been the starting CB opposite Breeland on the outside already.

staylor26
01-21-2021, 07:11 AM
I don't understand why Ward gets so much love. I don't care what PFF says, Ward is the best at being next to the receiver catching the ball.

:facepalm:

MahomesMagic
01-21-2021, 07:17 AM
I like the idea of Snead and sometimes Mathieu in the slot on Beasley.

Ward on Brown.

Breeland on Diggs.

Then we can use numbers to support Breeland to erase Diggs.

Pitt Gorilla
01-24-2021, 09:21 PM
Hope dude is good to go for the SB.

thabear04
01-24-2021, 09:56 PM
Concussion maybe? But he should be good to play in the Super bowl.

Chris Meck
01-24-2021, 09:58 PM
It wasn't particularly egregious. I would expect he'll be good to go.

Pitt Gorilla
01-24-2021, 10:04 PM
Dude is SO valuable.

thabear04
01-24-2021, 10:10 PM
He should be good he went live holding his son looked fine.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-24-2021, 10:12 PM
Veach said you could make a case for L Jarous Sneed being a first round pick

KChiefs1
01-24-2021, 10:13 PM
He should be good he went live holding his son looked fine.

Still needs to do the protocol.

Basileus777
01-24-2021, 10:14 PM
2 weeks to clear it. Should be fine.

CasselGotPeedOn
01-24-2021, 10:14 PM
Might be my favorite defensive player on the team

thabear04
01-24-2021, 10:15 PM

Yeah I know hopefully he clear to play.

Why Not?
01-24-2021, 10:15 PM
Veach said you could make a case for L Jarous Sneed being a first round pick

Pro rate his stats over a full season and was there any 2020 first round secondary players who were better this year?

PattyFlakes
01-24-2021, 10:17 PM
Dude is the complete package back there. Can cover, make plays on the ball, is an effective blitzer, and is a good physical tackler. Great pick Veach.

TwistedChief
01-24-2021, 10:19 PM
He does nothing but make plays. All the time. Spags has so much confidence in this guy.

BossChief
01-24-2021, 10:26 PM
He played like a top 5 corner this season and today was full blown elite.

His value alone will offset a big chunk of Mahomes cost.

Bravo, Veach.

Bravo.

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2021, 10:28 PM
Hope he is all right for the Super Bowl. We are gonna need him.

KChiefs1
01-24-2021, 10:46 PM
Might be my favorite defensive player on the team

He is mine. :thumb:

Redbled
01-24-2021, 11:42 PM
I can’t recall a Chiefs DB ever being as effective at blitzing as Sneed. What all timers do you recall that had a knack like that?

KChiefs1
01-27-2021, 04:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Highest-graded rookie CB of 2020: L&#39;Jarius Sneed<br><br>Sneed was the 16th CB drafted in the 2020 NFL Draft �� �� <a href="https://t.co/Am29E7cFEN">pic.twitter.com/Am29E7cFEN</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1354542455941685249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
01-27-2021, 05:09 PM
Again:

Other GMs: OMG, he's playing safety this season! That's so terrible. Imma put a 7th round grade on him.

Beach: Holy ****! He can also play safety! Dude might be the best DB in the draft for our scheme. Clearly a first-rounder, but I bet we can get him in the 4th because these other guys are complete idiots.

Spags:
https://media.tenor.com/images/e42e441608c68b4deb9d5853acdc0a74/tenor.gif

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-27-2021, 05:49 PM
Veach is a fucking wizard

Red Dawg
01-27-2021, 05:53 PM
Kid can ball. He fast as well, nobody is burning him.

Sofa King
01-27-2021, 07:21 PM
Did he have a concussion then or what? I haven't heard anything on him, haven't seen any updates either.

ThyKingdomCome15
01-27-2021, 07:33 PM
Kid is a 4th round GEM. Steal of the draft.

ModSocks
01-27-2021, 07:38 PM
I remember the first time we really heard about him in camp. They said he ran stride for stride with Tyreek and broke up the pass. Kinda neat to see those camp reports come to fruition.

suzzer99
01-27-2021, 10:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Highest-graded rookie CB of 2020: L&#39;Jarius Sneed<br><br>Sneed was the 16th CB drafted in the 2020 NFL Draft �� �� <a href="https://t.co/Am29E7cFEN">pic.twitter.com/Am29E7cFEN</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1354542455941685249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Basically Brandon Carr. Hopefully we keep him this time. That was a real bummer losing Carr.

BossChief
01-27-2021, 11:59 PM
Sneed is way better than Carr ever was.

That’s not a knock on Carr.

Pitt Gorilla
01-28-2021, 07:14 PM
Sneed was the #17 ranked CB headed into the draft. Imagine how good the other 16 are!

Pitt Gorilla
02-01-2021, 10:58 PM
https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/ljarius-sneed-chiefs-rookie-season-star/?a_aid=36534&fbclid=IwAR0zQa6AygwpEGhQvWB5MoK2PqeyFtZIQ9zBTzm8yacO8IxUWm1ipRSZvhY

staylor26
02-01-2021, 11:10 PM
BAMF

Pants
02-02-2021, 12:25 AM
https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/ljarius-sneed-chiefs-rookie-season-star/?a_aid=36534&fbclid=IwAR0zQa6AygwpEGhQvWB5MoK2PqeyFtZIQ9zBTzm8yacO8IxUWm1ipRSZvhY

Nice read.

dlphg9
02-02-2021, 02:56 AM
Motherfucker has never blitzed before and looks like he's been doing it for 10 years.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-02-2021, 03:01 AM
Mother****er has never blitzed before and looks like he's been doing it for 10 years.

He could’ve gotten one more last game but he fell for the pump fake 🥺

Dunerdr
02-02-2021, 09:48 AM
WHO'S D DO I HAVE TO S TO GET A SHIT LOAD OF L SNEED GIFS IN HERE?

CoMoChief
02-02-2021, 10:57 AM
It'd be interesting to see what his full stat line could have been had he been able to stay healthy.

We'd prob be talking about DROTY.

What a great gem find by Veach and Co.

thabear04
02-02-2021, 11:39 AM
It'd be interesting to see what his full stat line could have been had he been able to stay healthy.

Don’t forget some of those picks he dropped.

smithandrew051
02-02-2021, 11:52 AM

This might be an odd take, but Sneed just looks different. His success seems like he’s just scratching the surface and not fluky at all.

I remember Marcus Cooper starting off really strong, but it really felt like his success wasn’t sustainable.

Sneed will last.

ModSocks
02-02-2021, 11:55 AM
This might be an odd take, but Sneed just looks different.

Ballas usually do.

Easy 6
02-02-2021, 12:01 PM
KILL 'EM

KChiefs1
02-23-2021, 03:50 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I77Ss-ClTNs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder
02-23-2021, 08:28 PM
he should have been chiefs rookie of the year

staylor26
11-07-2021, 09:41 PM
He’s been a bit up and down this year, but he played a hell of a game today.

Chiefspants
11-07-2021, 10:40 PM
he should have been chiefs rookie of the year

Real dumb he didn't. He was great and played again like that today.

milkshock
11-08-2021, 05:26 AM
like the rest of the d, he seems to be putting it all together at the right time.

ThaVirus
11-08-2021, 07:36 AM
He's a bit inconsistent at this point, but, man, his ceiling is just.. crazy high.

If he ever puts it together, he could be a top 5 type of defensive back.. and I say DB instead of CB purposely.

TribalElder
11-19-2021, 08:28 AM
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article255887666.html

read

siberian khatru
11-19-2021, 08:53 AM

read

This is a fantastic piece. Everyone must read it.

DJ's left nut
11-19-2021, 08:57 AM
KC Star.

Hard pass. I'll go ahead and deprive myself of Chiefs content if it means not giving those guys pageviews for as long as that assbag Rosen is there and the 'Editorial Board' continues to take pot-shots at the organization.

Their bitterness at being exposed as the muckraking hacks they are has made them a complete non-entity in my eyes.

CoMoChief
11-19-2021, 09:01 AM
Sneed is a stud in run support coming off nickel/dime blitz pkgs.

Chiefs need another badass CB on the outside though. Dunno where that will come from, but it's a need.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2021, 09:04 AM
This is a fantastic piece. Everyone must read it.

Wow. Amazing. I had no idea about his past. Good for him he was able to overcome. Great story.

RealSNR
11-19-2021, 09:06 AM
Sneed is a stud in run support coming off nickel/dime blitz pkgs.

Chiefs need another badass CB on the outside though. Dunno where that will come from, but it's a need.

I mean… they don’t NEED one.

It’d be nice to have, but we won a Super Bowl with Charvarious Ward and Bashaud Breeland as starters. They were both decent starters that year and did their jobs, but I wouldn’t call either one of them a badass.

DJ's left nut
11-19-2021, 09:11 AM
I mean… they don’t NEED one.

It’d be nice to have, but we won a Super Bowl with Charvarious Ward and Bashaud Breeland as starters. They were both decent starters that year and did their jobs, but I wouldn’t call either one of them a badass.

It's more important to have merely competent, credible players at every spot on the defense than it is to have 'luxury' badasses.

I think you get better force multiplication from elite players on Offense than you do on Defense. Defense is reactive and in a matchup league, if you have a hole somewhere, opposing OCs will find it and attack it.

Having 11 solid defensive players is enough.

tredadda
11-19-2021, 09:23 AM
This team could have Ed Reed, Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders, and Darrel Green in the secondary and it would mean nothing if we don't have a pass rush. If you have that, you could afford to not have an elite secondary. Agreed though that elite players on offense are better as they can put a lot of pressure on the opposing team to keep up which leads to mistakes. KC has benefitted from that every year Mahomes has been the starter.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2021, 09:29 AM
Chiefs need one pass rusher and one linebacker to take the next step on defense.

Going to be hard to re-sign some of the dudes currently playing at a high level, though.

It's Veach season again very soon.

RunKC
11-19-2021, 10:26 AM
Chiefs need one pass rusher and one linebacker to take the next step on defense.

Going to be hard to re-sign some of the dudes currently playing at a high level, though.

We need a safety to replace Sorenson badly.

tredadda
11-19-2021, 10:29 AM
We need a safety to replace Sorenson badly.

Won't matter a bit if Spags keeps playing him. But yes, a replacement for him and no him at all is a better plan.

DJ's left nut
11-19-2021, 10:34 AM
Won't matter a bit if Spags keeps playing him. But yes, a replacement for him and no him at all is a better plan.

Watts must put his shoes on the wrong feet and his helmet on backwards in practice, man.

I don't get why he doesn't get a little run here.

Rain Man
11-19-2021, 10:42 AM

read

Wow. Good for him for breaking the pattern. I have no idea how families can handle situations like that.

Dante84
11-19-2021, 10:50 AM
Damn, that was a heavy article.

Bl00dyBizkitz
11-19-2021, 10:51 AM

With Mahomes contract starting to eat at our cap space next year, it's gonna be much harder to keep people. (no shit but yeah)

tredadda
11-19-2021, 10:53 AM
Watts must put his shoes on the wrong feet and his helmet on backwards in practice, man.

I don't get why he doesn't get a little run here.

Or Watts is terri-bad in practice. No other reason for Sorenson seeing the field.

Wisconsin_Chief
11-19-2021, 10:53 AM
Just wanted to jump in and say I freaking love this dude and I love Veach for finding him.

Carry on.

Skyy God
11-19-2021, 11:34 AM

read

Nice read.

Also fuck felony murder laws sideways.

Skyy God
11-19-2021, 11:35 AM
Wow. Good for him for breaking the pattern. I have no idea how families can handle situations like that.

They don't handle it well.

The quixotic war on drugs is a terrible destabilizing societal influence.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2021, 02:22 AM
His family legacy is prison. KC Chiefs’ L’Jarius Sneed bears a burden to break a curse

Sam McDowell

His voice quiets to virtually a whisper, and from a patio chair outside a suburban Kansas City condo, Chiefs cornerback L’Jarius Sneed leans forward to preserve his next thought for an audience of one.

His father, Non Sneed, is within earshot, barbecuing marinated chicken on the gas grill, moving in and out of the sliding door to the home he shares with a blossoming NFL star. And L’Jarius isn’t certain he wants his father to overhear what he has to say about growing up.

Sneed doesn’t waste words, buzzing through short phrases with a Southern drawl entrenched in his Louisiana hometown. His past is always with him in that sense. Much as he tried to elude it, his mind won’t cooperate.

To be sure, the Sneeds are a tight-knit family now. At a recent Chiefs game in Kansas City, they occupied an entire row in the lower bowl of Arrowhead Stadium. Mom. Dad. Grandma. Two older brothers. They were decked out in No. 38 Sneed jerseys, most of them, the only difference the color of uniform they wore.

But there’s something else you should know about the Sneeds. Something of which most everyone back in Minden, Louisiana, is already well aware.

In a town of 12,000, they carry a legacy much different than football. They are a family of generational imprisonment. A family with murder convictions, drug arrests and life sentences in their past and present.

A 24-year-old’s thriving football career has freed them from that history, they believe, but it’s not been enough to release the burden from its actual savior. NFL stardom, as it turns out, is not enough to relieve the anxiety, not enough to ease the insecurity. Not when those roots were planted decades ago.

And that’s what L’Jarius Sneed isn’t quite sure he is ready to share as he leans forward in his patio chair.

“What I’m still trying to understand,” he says quietly, “is how the childhood trauma I went through is still messing with my head.”

With his index and middle fingers, he taps his right temple.

“Because it’s in there, man. I can feel it.”
How life started in Minden

L’Jarius Sneed doesn’t know how he came into this world, only that when he backtracks to his earliest memories, they don’t include his mother or father. He’s never directly asked either of them for all the specific details, learning bits and pieces along the way.

Here’s the story.

His dad served 17 years and 6 months in correctional centers across Louisiana, a term that started shortly after he met a woman, Jane Mims, at a club. Although their relationship unraveled a chain of events in Minden that led to Non’s incarceration, they married in a ceremony that took place while he lived in a prison cell.

Good behavior offered him special privileges. Increased hours outside. Picnics. And conjugal visits with his new wife.

Within a few months, Jane was pregnant with her third son. She’d name him L’Jarius, and eventually come to call him J.J.

“Was I surprised? I wouldn’t say that,” Non says before adding, with a laugh, “because I knew what we were doing.”

Jane took her newborn to see his father in prison, a parental bond fashioned through one-hour weekly visits. She wrestled with normalizing that setting, so on the trip home, she’d explain to her baby that he need not follow in his father’s footsteps.

But then she did.

When L’Jarius was 1 year old, Jane rushed him to the hospital after he fell off a toy bicycle in their apartment. On the drive there, she got into a confrontation with people she said were blocking the road. Jane would be charged with stabbing two, one requiring stitches and the other staples to sew a neck wound. She pleaded guilty to one charge; the other was dismissed.

She would spend the next 51 months locked up, leaving three sons without either parent at home. L’Jarius lived with his maternal grandmother in a Section 8 apartment complex. Other extended relatives pitched in. But if you ask him who raised him, L’Jarius answers without hesitation.

“My two brothers,” he says.

His oldest, TQ Harrison, is 9 years his elder. Harrison changed diapers and cooked meals. He ironed clothes and walked his brothers to school. He still remembers the bottle regimen because he had such a tough time progressing L’Jarius to regular food.

To this day, Harrison talks about L’Jarius more like a son than a brother. He affectionately calls him “my little dude.” Mimicking a proud parent, his Facebook profile picture is a photo not of himself, but of L’Jarius.

“Man, yeah, it was hard,” Harrison says. “But what choice (did) I have?”

In the same month L’Jarius celebrated a sixth birthday, his mom surprised him on the walk home from elementary school. She was free, six years before her husband, and for the first time in his life L’Jarius talked about having a family.

He was 12 when his dad got out. L’Jarius had longed for that day. Made plans for the things they’d do together. Shoot hoops. Toss the football around.

But his father made other arrangements.

He wasn’t coming home.
‘Some people awaken and some people don’t’

In a room he calls the man cave, L’Jarius Sneed powers off the TV. Using the YouTube app on his iPhone, he clicks on meditation music, reclines his seat and closes his eyes.

On occasion, an entire Chiefs game will play through his head. At other times, he’s on a beach somewhere. But far more often, he’s just thinking about life.

“I’ve been having crazy thoughts in my head,” he says. “Like, doubting myself. Not confident in myself. I know who I really am, but I still second-guess myself.”

In just his second season with the Chiefs, who drafted him in the fourth round out of Louisiana Tech, Sneed has developed into one of their most valuable defensive players. He wasn’t exactly a highly touted college prospect, but his NFL impact has been immediate and undeniable. A teammate in the defensive backfield, veteran safety Tyrann Mathieu, says, “I think the whole world will know his name by the end of the season.”

He’s appreciative of how this is all unfolding. But it doesn’t erase how he arrived here. He can’t trick his brain that way.

Anxiety will sometimes take over. The insecurity, too. With Sneed, there’s uneasiness from his past and his future. Privately, he’s considered professional therapy in hopes of talking through it. He’ll eventually get there.

“Just seeing what I saw at a young age, and then my dad wasn’t around in my life,” Sneed says, “I never realized how much of an effect it can be on my life — childhood trauma — from seeing all that type of stuff. It’s really carried on in (my) life and to adulthood.”
Sneeds.jpg
Kansas City Chiefs cornerback L’Jarius Sneed’s parents Non Sneed (left) and Jane Mims Sneed attend every home game at Arrowhead Stadium. Sam McDowell smcdowell@kcstar.com

As a toddler and into elementary school, Sneed’s relationships with both of his parents consisted of visits to detention centers across the state. Long drives, some of them. He saw his mom on the weekends. They would stay an hour, sometimes talking over a meal. When a guard opened the door as Jane exited their conversations, young L’Jarius would peek into the prison’s population.

“I saw some wild fights, things like that. That’s just something that’s stuck with me,” L’Jarius says. “You finna leave her and you see her walking back there to that? That’s painful, you know?”

On occasion, L’Jarius’ grandmother would drive him by the facility during hours they knew his mom would be outside. He’d walk to the gate, close as he could get, and shout her name. She’d turn and smile. The distance preventing a lengthy conversation, they developed a form of sign language.

Jane would touch her eye, cross her arms over her heart and then point at her son.

I love you.

He’d do the same in response. That communication carried on in their relationship long after her release. Still does. They see it as an understanding of all they’ve been through together, and an important reminder of where they are now.

Jane raised her three kids — L’Jarius, TQ Harrison and TQ Mims — on her own after she got out. She felt it important to take ownership of her absence and correct her faults. She says she had “problems with my anger” that spread into her adult years.

The 51-month confinement changed her, certainly. The real impetus, though, wasn’t the experience itself, but rather what the experience caused her to miss.

“Some people awaken and some people don’t,” she says. “I was never leaving my children again. Never. One time and one time only.”

Their bond grew stronger as another frayed.
The sins of a father

Non Sneed spent 17 years in prison for attempted murder. He’d ignited a shootout with one of Jane’s ex-boyfriends, which he called payback for a previous altercation.

A bullet struck his intended target in the arm. Another grazed an innocent bystander. Non’s half-brother, who was on his side of the shootout, was killed. Non, a self-described drug dealer at the time, was found guilty of two counts of attempted murder, carrying a 30-year sentence.

Parole came after the sentence reached 60% completion. Upon his release, he divorced Jane and moved to Dallas, a three-hour drive from Minden.

He didn’t initially share that with the kids who’d visited him every week. They figured him gone for good. As he attempted to stay connected through phone calls, L’Jarius refused to talk to his dad for a year. His father’s release from prison had caused more turmoil than his incarceration. At least then there was a reason for his absence.

Now? “He chose not to come home,” L’Jarius says. “I couldn’t get over that.”

Around the time L’Jarius reached middle school, though, disobedience prompted Jane to wonder if a father figure might re-shape him. He’d become “good with his hands,” mostly because he had no choice but to learn to fight. Jane drove him to Dallas to spend the school year there.

The arrangement didn’t last long. He skipped class one afternoon, and when Non attempted to discipline him for it, the anger that had bubbled for years finally burst forth.

“He (walked) up on me like he wanted to fight me,” Non says. “I said, ‘Man, you my son. You think you can whoop me, J.J.?’ So he tried it.”

Non pinned L’Jarius to the floor.

“I didn’t accept him as my father in that moment,” L’Jarius says.

Within a few days, he packed his things. His mom drove to Dallas and picked him up for a six-hour round trip back to Minden.

He left angry.

His dad stayed, devastated.

“Woo, I cried,” Non says. “That situation, man, that hurt me so bad. That hurt me so bad. I couldn’t understand why my son had that kind of anger toward me.”

In an honest moment, Non will tell you he struggled for years with that. What he doesn’t know is L’Jarius did, too. After years of praying for his father to come home, he faced the consequences of returning to a childhood all too familiar — a life without one.

But as he literally distanced himself from his father, he grew closer to the path his father had forged.
The Sneed family curse

Sneed sat in the back of a police car, his hands cuffed together, watching a friend get wheeled into an ambulance with a gunshot wound.

He can still hear the sirens from that night.

“Wow, my life is over,” he recalls thinking. “Like, I came this far, and my life is over. I’m honestly headed down the same road as my parents.”

The road travels back even further than that.

Sneed’s paternal grandfather has spent half a century in the Louisiana State Penitentiary. Bobby Sneed was given a life sentence for a 1974 crime in which he stood lookout for a burglary that resulted in a resident being killed. Earlier this year, he had his parole granted, then later revoked after he allegedly tested positive for drugs, though he’s contested that.

He’s been imprisoned 47 years. For seven of those, he lived with his own son. Non Sneed finished out his time sharing a room with his father, their first interaction of any kind since Non was 4.

The family tree on the Sneed side is littered with arrests and time in prison. Two of L’Jarius’ uncles were jailed on drug offenses. Another great uncle was, too. Basically, Non says, all the men on his side of the family have been incarcerated.

For all intents and purposes, L’Jarius felt the weight of that generational curse, as though it was predetermined he’d spend part of his life in jail.

And he did.

One night.

L’Jarius was arrested twice while in college at Louisiana Tech. Those incidents popped up during his pre-draft interviews with the Chiefs.

In the first arrest, on New Year’s Eve, he was riding in a car that was pulled over by police. He was charged with possession of marijuana and a firearm, as was a friend. L’Jarius spent the night in jail before charges were dropped.

He caught a break. Momentarily.

A year later, L’Jarius sat in the back of that police car, the aftermath of a drug robbery gone bad. A friend who’d orchestrated the attempt was shot in the back. When police arrived, they searched the vehicle and charged all four passengers, L’Jarius included, with possession of marijuana.

That evening, Jane picked up the phone. Her son was on the other end of the line, crying. This isn’t a normal progression in life, she told him, same as she had when he was an infant.

Then he talked to his father.

“Don’t be like your daddy,” Non said. “You are our chance to break this curse.”
The one who made it

Half an hour into the conversation on his patio, as his father stepped outside to check on the progress of dinner, L’Jarius gathered his attention.

“Dad, I want you to get interviewed about my story, too,” he said.

Non walked closer.

“What do you mean?” he replied.

“I don’t wanna be afraid of my past,” L’Jarius said. “I need to talk about it. We need to talk about it.”

“We good,” Non replied. “Just tell me when.”

L’Jarius invited his father to live with him here in Kansas City. They reconnected shortly after the incident in Dallas. When signing his rookie contract with the Chiefs last summer, L’Jarius was offered a personal chef, and he picked his dad, who had gone to culinary school during his time in jail.

“We’re straight now,” L’Jarius says. “Like it never happened, you know? I forgave him. He is my father, you know? He brought me into this world.”

A prison sentence cost Non 17 years with his son, but he’s been clean since his release. Another cost Jane more than four years, and she walked out saying, “Never again.”

L’Jarius needed only one night. He called the second arrest “my last wake-up call.” He’s a father now, of 4-year-old Kyson, and by God, he doesn’t plan to spend any of his son’s life behind bars.

He suddenly has a lot to lose. The Pro Football Writers Association included Sneed on its All-Rookie team last year. And his coach with the Chiefs, Andy Reid, says Sneed is playing the best football of his life right now. A four-year contract will pay him nearly $4 million, and he’s on a path to earn a raise once that expires.

The anxiety still creeps in, though. In July, his childhood preacher called him. He sounded worried. Are you OK? Sneed had experienced too much as a kid, his preacher said, to put it all behind him without truly addressing it. Sneed felt comfort from the call, perhaps finding answers for what he’s feeling.

Meditation will always be part of his routine. He carries the pressure of being the one in his family who made it and therefore has the responsibility of getting everyone else out. His first purchase as a professional athlete was a four-bedroom home for his mother, but his long-term goal is for the family to leave town entirely.

To leave their past in Minden, Louisiana.

But not necessarily forget it.

At a recent Chiefs game, he secured sideline passes for his mom. Jane has an unapologetically loud scream when she sees her baby boy on the football field, and on that Sunday afternoon, she drew the attention of L’Jarius with it.

When he looked over, she pointed at her eyes.

She crossed her hands over her heart.

And she pointed at him.

He returned a salute.

“Look at him now,” she says. “My son, he could’ve had this curse all his life, but he’s not what the statistics say about him. He’s not what the past says about him. Look at him now.”

Buehler445
11-21-2021, 10:37 AM
KC Star.

Hard pass. I'll go ahead and deprive myself of Chiefs content if it means not giving those guys pageviews for as long as that assbag Rosen is there and the 'Editorial Board' continues to take pot-shots at the organization.

Their bitterness at being exposed as the muckraking hacks they are has made them a complete non-entity in my eyes.

Agreed on all counts. However this is a good read, you should read the text version TW posted. It’s a good read.

Fuck the Star. But it’s a good read.

Rasputin
04-13-2022, 01:01 PM
https://technotrenz.com/entertainment/ljarius-sneed-a-chiefs-cornerback-teases-a-draft-strategy-for-the-team-1818881.html

While the orgаnizаtion hаsn’t sаid аnything аbout Kаnsаs City’s drаft strаtegy this yeаr, Chiefs cornerbаck L’Jаrius Sneed mаy hаve hinted аt а position the teаm plаns to аddress through the drаft when he recently joined the NFL Network’s Good Morning Footbаll crew.

“Thаt Tyreek аnd Pаtrick Mаhomes connection wаs pretty speciаl,” Sneed sаid, “but Andy Reid hаs something up his sleeve.” “I know Pаtrick Mаhomes аnd whoever they bring in аre going to work together to build аn empire.”

“I know Pаtrick Mаhomes аnd the guy they bring in аre going to get together аnd build the empire…”

— Devon Clements (@DevclemNFL) April 12, 2022

I don't know if this has been posted in any thread but I'm going bump it for L'Jarius Sneed anyways. I know some (or a lot) of fans are fretting over the loss of Tyreek but not the players and this is an example of what Bryan (with a y) Vlearch is bringing to the table players with the mindset that we are building an Empire not just dynasty. I love this kid what a great pick and good example of Blake Vontel getting be one of the best drafting GM in the league if not the best. That's why having all these picks is pretty cool. Just thought I'd share the thoughts of what the team thinks. They do not fret just move on to build an Empire.

Not even worried about the rest of the division are doing. Sure paying attention but not changing tactics continue with game plan and proceed. They are the desperate teams not us and we sure can replace one player with 12 draft picks and pick up defensive players and possible upgrade RT. Andy Reid has something up his sleeve.

Yeah we need a lot on defense but getting an edge rush and a couple stout D lineman that can get penetration 3 picks can solve a lot because that will help out our secondary and make them look better and keep them from scoring helps us outscore the other team and this is going be a hell of an offensive show-time.

ModSocks
04-13-2022, 01:06 PM
While the orgаnizаtion hаsn’t sаid аnything аbout Kаnsаs City’s drаft strаtegy this yeаr, Chiefs cornerbаck L’Jаrius Sneed mаy hаve hinted аt а position the teаm plаns to аddress through the drаft when he recently joined the NFL Network’s Good Morning Footbаll crew.

“Thаt Tyreek аnd Pаtrick Mаhomes connection wаs pretty speciаl,” Sneed sаid, “but Andy Reid hаs something up his sleeve.” “I know Pаtrick Mаhomes аnd whoever they bring in аre going to work together to build аn empire.”

“I know Pаtrick Mаhomes аnd the guy they bring in аre going to get together аnd build the empire…”

— Devon Clements (@DevclemNFL) April 12, 2022

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/prJvvzFdyM8JW" width="480" height="351" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/happy-smile-wtf-prJvvzFdyM8JW"

RealSNR
04-13-2022, 01:10 PM
The sun never sets on the Mahomes empire

staylor26
04-13-2022, 01:15 PM
I fucking love Sneed.

He’ll be the first CB that Veach gives big money too. Bank on it!

JPH83
04-13-2022, 01:24 PM
I think I'm the only person on here who doesn't think he should've been a Pro Bowler last year. I get it, loads of potential, he does some things very well, but he is absolutely not worthy of big money at this point.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-13-2022, 01:25 PM
Gotta re sign Sneed when the time comes. He’s a baller

JPH83
04-13-2022, 01:26 PM
Gotta re sign Sneed when the time comes. He’s a baller

I like him, I think he could be great and this coaching team is well placed to get him there...but I also think people have lost their minds over what he has actually produced.

staylor26
04-13-2022, 01:29 PM
I like him, I think he could be great and this coaching team is well placed to get him there...but I also think people have lost their minds over what he has actually produced.

He had some ups and downs last year, but dude played great for the most part down the stretch.

His INT in the AFCCG (while in great position covering Chase) should have been the best/biggest defensive play of our season.

I fully expect him to have a career year in year 3.

BossChief
04-13-2022, 01:30 PM
I doubt Snead knows anything in terms of the plan at WR. Seems more like a general comment.

Rasputin
04-13-2022, 01:34 PM
I doubt Snead knows anything in terms of the plan at WR. Seems more like a general comment

lol i think it's a smoke screen comment if he was put up to it idk or he is just playing along we will draft a WR in first round. Personally I'm banking on Edge Rusher or on DL for our first two picks. Winning in the trenches and getting penetration helps makes the rest of the defensive players look good.

BossChief
04-13-2022, 01:34 PM
I think I'm the only person on here who doesn't think he should've been a Pro Bowler last year. I get it, loads of potential, he does some things very well, but he is absolutely not worthy of big money at this point.

You may be right about one thing…

JPH83
04-13-2022, 01:37 PM
He had some ups and downs last year, but dude played great for the most part down the stretch.

His INT in the AFCCG (while in great position covering Chase) should have been the best/biggest defensive play of our season.

I fully expect him to have a career year in year 3.

Wouldn't bet against it. My issue with Sneed is a think he's a bit stiff and occasionally loses concentration. I absolutely love how he plays the run and his closing speed is brilliant. I just want to see him be stickier. But it's all there so I'm hoping you're right.

JPH83
04-13-2022, 01:38 PM
You may be right about one thing…

Ha, fair enough. CP Hivemind can take the L on this one ;).

But yeah, I get it, if you're only person who thinks something, maybe it's because it's bull***t.

BossChief
04-13-2022, 01:58 PM
Ha, fair enough. CP Hivemind can take the L on this one ;).

But yeah, I get it, if you're only person who thinks something, maybe it's because it's bull***t.

We just see Snead for what he is. A great corner. He has speed on deep routes in man.
He’s aggressive against the run and not afraid of contact
He can play any position in the secondary at a high level.
He matches up well physically with elite WRs.
He’s very smart on the field.

Get him on the jugs machine snd I can see him taking the next step in his career entering his prime as one of the best CBs in football.

If I’m Veach, I’m trying to extend his deal right now for as long as I can get him signed for. He’s exactly the type of corner I’d love to keep in KC the next 5 years.

JPH83
04-13-2022, 02:04 PM
We just see Snead for what he is. A great corner. He has speed on deep routes in man.
He’s aggressive against the run and not afraid of contact
He can play any position in the secondary at a high level.
He matches up well physically with elite WRs.
He’s very smart on the field.

Get him on the jugs machine snd I can see him taking the next step in his career entering his prime as one of the best CBs in football.

If I’m Veach, I’m trying to extend his deal right now for as long as I can get him signed for. He’s exactly the type of corner I’d love to keep in KC the next 5 years.

I think I see it all, I just see it in flashes. I love the versatility, athleticism, tackling. I love what I think he COULD become. I just think he still too quickly loses concentration on deep routes, and can be slow to shift weight in the slot with shiftier WRs.

But if there's one aspect of Spags/ defences I trust it's the coaching up of CBs. So wouldn't hate extending as you say.

Dunerdr
04-13-2022, 02:05 PM
I'm glad were planning the future with sneed now instead of Mahomes. Mahomes wanted that bum CEH. LETS GO LJ!

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-13-2022, 02:26 PM
Sneed needs a 5 year extension right fucking now.

DJ's left nut
04-13-2022, 02:28 PM
Sneed needs a 5 year extension right fucking now.

He's not extension eligible yet.

Can't until after year 3.

ThaVirus
04-13-2022, 02:29 PM

He's got like top 10 DB potential, honestly. He flashes it all the time. Biggest issue is consistency and just continuing to grow.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-13-2022, 02:37 PM
He's not extension eligible yet.

Can't until after year 3.

Yeah, next year then. He's such a great defender at the LOS as well as deep routes. Don't let him leave.

Rasputin
04-13-2022, 03:23 PM

Second year player, I'm pretty sure he played with a heavy heart for second half of the season. He was well deserved of the probowl for his play on the field. He made some out standing plays and at the point it's time for the Chiefs to extend him he will be well worth big money. He is one I hope can retire a Chief. Although several would be nice but most wont retire as a Chief but it be cool if he played his entire career as a Chief. That's how much I like L'Jarius Sneed. Most can kick rocks if they are too greedy or if we can trade them for picks before they get past their prime like we did Tyreek. I want continue replacing the old vets with young draft picks and get guys that can fill holes but not expensive FA.

JPH83
04-13-2022, 04:33 PM
Second year player, I'm pretty sure he played with a heavy heart for second half of the season. He was well deserved of the probowl for his play on the field. He made some out standing plays and at the point it's time for the Chiefs to extend him he will be well worth big money. He is one I hope can retire a Chief. Although several would be nice but most wont retire as a Chief but it be cool if he played his entire career as a Chief. That's how much I like L'Jarius Sneed. Most can kick rocks if they are too greedy or if we can trade them for picks before they get past their prime like we did Tyreek. I want continue replacing the old vets with young draft picks and get guys that can fill holes but not expensive FA.

See I just completely disagree with that bit. I really don't think his coverage was anywhere approaching pro bowl level. I think people are massively projecting what they think he will be not how he's playing, and for whatever reason I think his mistakes just get missed way more than Ward, Hughes and Fenton's did last year. I think Fenton was much more consistent and gets far less appreciation.

But I guess it's just the way we see things. His rookie year was really good and everything else you say I'm cool with. I'd love him to develop here and stick around.

OKchiefs
04-13-2022, 04:35 PM

I don’t think there’s a player on the roster who you don’t think is a pro bowl player.

Rasputin
04-13-2022, 05:00 PM
I don’t think there’s a player on the roster who you don’t think is a pro bowl player.

I didn't think Honey Badger deserved it but he's gone now. I thought Ward was our most improved defensive player but didn't think he was pro bowl. Certainly not Dirty Dan or Frank Clark or Hitchens. Gay and Bolton played hard and i think next year maybe can make the pro bowl but not this year but they absolutely outplayed Clark and Hitchens and Chris Jones imo was not worthy of the Pro Bowl.

On defense Sneed for sure. Gay and Bolton I'm hoping next year out of that disappointed in Jones wish we could have kept Ward.

So that's one on defense and 3 on the bubble for pro bowl but Ward is gone.

On offense is easy Patrick Mahomes Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill,
Trey Smith & Humphrey Creed should have made the pro bowl over Orlando Brown. Although I love Orlando Brown he needs a lot of foot work to be better pass blocker but he is mammoth in the run game. Thuney is good but I don't quite think Pro Bowl maybe next year. He may have helped Orlando Brown a lot in the pass protection though.

So on offense possibly 6 pro bowlers.

7 pro bowlers but we have potential for some rising stars and I think Gay and Bolton will be probowlers next year. Jones whiffed on Burros so even though its a regular season honor I'm disqualifying him out of spite. He did however have to take a lot of double teaming for the season.

Rasputin
04-13-2022, 07:45 PM

Well kiss my :moon: I write all that out and you don't say anything.

OKchiefs
04-13-2022, 08:09 PM
Well kiss my :moon: I write all that out and you don't say anything.

I’m not on here 24/7

It was said in jest in respoto your adoration of Hardman and CEH.

In58men
05-20-2022, 02:57 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220520/c4940f92dbecc0d6950a0fe4b34e8947.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In58men
05-20-2022, 03:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220520/990313db2af6a5ff887aaf5a425b3a14.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdolfOliverBush
05-20-2022, 03:05 PM
Sneed needs to get the fuck out of that town, and never go back.

Rain Man
05-20-2022, 03:10 PM
Dang, L'Jarius. Keep yourself away from bad elements. Shutdown cornerbacks are special and we need you.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-20-2022, 03:12 PM
Yeah, paying to fly his relatives out for a few days far outweighs the risk of ever returning to Thugville.

TribalElder
05-20-2022, 03:15 PM
Frank Clark needs to go down there and handle this shit

it's getting out of hand for real

KChiefs1
05-20-2022, 04:30 PM
Bulletproof CB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

staylor26
07-08-2022, 08:58 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL’s best cornerbacks from league execs, coaches, scouts<br><br>-Jalen Ramsey’s place at the top hotly debated by some who wonder if Super Bowl performance a sign of things to come<br><br> -Young AFC West corner makes huge entrance<a href="https://t.co/AkN4hLhtVj">https://t.co/AkN4hLhtVj</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1545409081367830528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sneed didn't make the top 10, but he did get some votes.

Dunerdr
07-08-2022, 09:02 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL’s best cornerbacks from league execs, coaches, scouts<br><br>-Jalen Ramsey’s place at the top hotly debated by some who wonder if Super Bowl performance a sign of things to come<br><br> -Young AFC West corner makes huge entrance<a href="https://t.co/AkN4hLhtVj">https://t.co/AkN4hLhtVj</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1545409081367830528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sneed didn't make the top 10, but he did get some votes.

They want my money. Greedy bastards. Thanks for the run down.

Bl00dyBizkitz
10-02-2022, 09:25 PM
This guy's really good at football.

suzzer99
10-02-2022, 09:26 PM
Extend him ASAP

ThaVirus
10-02-2022, 09:28 PM
At this point, he's got to be the best blitzing CB in the league, no?

Dunerdr
10-02-2022, 09:34 PM
He’s a fully grown man. This is your notice, NFL.

SupDock
10-02-2022, 09:36 PM
He is the real deal. My next jersey I think.

staylor26
10-02-2022, 09:37 PM
As I was saying all week, arguably the best player on defense.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-02-2022, 09:39 PM
Veach you have to extend him this off-season. Give Sneed OBJ money

Molitoth
10-02-2022, 09:39 PM
He's been my fav defensive player for awhile now and it's because he fucking tackles. Dude has a nose for putting his helmet on people... He is like the anti Marcus Peters. (Although peters was much better at turnovers).

Sneed needs to be extended before the league takes notice of how good he is.

dannybcaitlyn
10-02-2022, 09:40 PM
Best blitzing CB on this team since Benny Sapp

Pitt Gorilla
10-02-2022, 09:41 PM
Most of our D-backs were outstanding yet again. Fenton is the only one I really worry about regularly. Hell, even Cook stepped up and showed out. Get McDuffie back and watch out.

Fish
10-02-2022, 09:41 PM
Huge game by Sneed. Going against a bigger, very talented opponent most of the night. And again he shows his skills at blitzing. He continues to improve.

-King-
10-02-2022, 09:44 PM
He's on the way to a huge pay day right now

Chiefaholic
10-02-2022, 09:46 PM
Sneed played lights out tonight.

staylor26
10-02-2022, 09:46 PM
Use OBJ's money on Sneed and Thornhill please!

RunKC
10-02-2022, 09:47 PM

Need to extend Gay too

BigCatDaddy
10-02-2022, 09:47 PM
He played good football.

Fish
10-02-2022, 09:48 PM

Thornhill is very aggressive. But I love the thump that he brings. He made some very good plays tonight too.

staylor26
10-02-2022, 09:49 PM
Need to extend Gay too

Yes, him too.

loochy
Most of our D-backs were outstanding yet again. Fenton is the only one I really worry about regularly. Hell, even Cook stepped up and showed out. Get McDuffie back and watch out.

Hell, even Watson wasn't awful. He gave up a lot of yards but he was usually in pretty good position. Williams is just a beast and Brady has perfect placement.

Edit: Mike Evans, not Williams.

BWillie
The cool thing with Sneed is hes had a horrific life and upbringing. And he has a cool head, works hard and knows the company he should keep. Great head on his shoulders. Most people would have gotten lost on the way. Great and sad story.

Fish
10-02-2022, 09:52 PM
Hell, even Watson wasn't awful. He gave up a lot of yards but he was usually in pretty good position. Williams is just a beast and Brady has perfect placement.

For a rookie 7th round CB pick, playing in place of a rookie 1st round pick? Covering the players he saw tonight? Watson was great considering.

Dante84
11-22-2022, 01:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">L&#39;Jarius Sneed WANTED to play more on the outside against the Chargers and he played the most snaps on the outside than he has all season (23) I&#39;ve got Sneed outside coverage snaps for you today! He was strapping everyone up <a href="https://t.co/BxzKtrHCyJ">pic.twitter.com/BxzKtrHCyJ</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Harms�� (@InHarmsWay19) <a href="https://twitter.com/InHarmsWay19/status/1595056842551484419?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
11-22-2022, 01:09 PM
He's SO fucking good. Still probably the most underrated player on the team on a national level.

The Franchise
11-22-2022, 01:11 PM
I know we've got McDuffie, Watson and Williams....but they really need to sign him to a new deal.

tredadda
11-22-2022, 01:26 PM
He's SO fucking good. Still probably the most underrated player on the team on a national level.

Easily the most underrated.

Wisconsin_Chief
11-22-2022, 01:39 PM
He's SO ****ing good. Still probably the most underrated player on the team on a national level.

Nobody else is even close. The guy is a legit top 10 corner in this league, I'd even argue top 5, and I can't even remember the last time I heard his name mentioned by literally anyone in the media.

Collinsworth was heaping praise on goddamn Andrew Wylie a few weeks ago and never even mentioned Sneed. It's absurd. The guy is a must keep at almost any price.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-22-2022, 01:44 PM
Williams was targeted 3 times and receivers went 3/107 against him. Watson > Williams by far

Skyy God
11-22-2022, 02:18 PM
Sneed will be extended, Gay and Thornhill will walk.

ModSocks
11-22-2022, 02:23 PM
We have two legit corner talents out there with Sneed and McDuffie. Looking forward to the Spags defense annual late season turn around.

Sneed looks like a guy who's improved over last season. A real, legit step forward.

And when you put on the all-22 of McDuffie....good god that guy is every bit as sticky in the NFL as he was in college.

JPH83
11-22-2022, 02:37 PM
We have two legit corner talents out there with Sneed and McDuffie. Looking forward to the Spags defense annual late season turn around.

Sneed looks like a guy who's improved over last season. A real, legit step forward.

And when you put on the all-22 of McDuffie....good god that guy is every bit as sticky in the NFL as he was in college.

Sneed looks MUCH better than last year. Thought he had a dip last year but he's looked absolutely elite this. With McDuffie there's huge potential and versatility there to cover multiple WR types and schemes.

Williams looked average last night, I think he'll be feast or famine for awhile dependent on the match up. If he's anything above average that's a quality CB room and we have pretty good value even with a pay day for Sneed.

DJ's left nut
11-22-2022, 02:41 PM

I still feel like that's Bolton.

Nobody ever talks about the guy but he's the key to our defense, imo

suzzer99
11-22-2022, 02:48 PM
Williams was targeted 3 times and receivers went 3/107 against him. Watson > Williams by far

If you take out the bomb to Allen - which was a great all-pro WR play to get open, incredible throw and incredible catch - that's really not a bad night.

I'm a lot more interested to see if he's getting toasted because of lack of athleticism, which he's not. He was in Allen's hip pocket. Allen just made a great move on the sideline that Williams may never have seen before.

Give the guy some time to learn the game. I'm not ready to throw him out because Keenan Allen got the better of him on a big play.

suzzer99
11-22-2022, 02:50 PM
Sneed will be extended, Gay and Thornhill will walk.

I'd really like to see Gay and Bolton stay together as the cornerstones of the defense. And also keep Sneed. Maybe Vunch can make it happen.

TomBarndtsTwin
11-22-2022, 02:53 PM
Jones, Bolton and Sneed are the one guy at each level you have to keep if we want to continue to see this defense progress forward and keep getting better.

Jones has taken his game to another level this year, and if not for Micah Parsons, would probably be the front runner for DPOY.

Bolton is just unbelievably dependable. Always seems to get himself in the right spot. Always makes the tackle. Knows how to position people and lead. Trending towards being a better version of Derrick Johnson. Not as athletic, but a higher football IQ.

Sneed is the swiss army knife that HB used to be that makes Spags defense work and makes it the best version of itself. Without his versatility out there, we would lose a lot on matchups.

All 3 are essential going forward. The rest you can plug and replace and re-stock through the draft as necessary.

Extend Jones this off-season for 3 more years (could add a 4th voidable year), give Sneed the money he deserves with a new contract (HB's old contract?) and we can worry about extending Bolton the following off-season.

LOCK THOSE THREE DOWN.