PDA

View Full Version : Football Justin Britt is getting released?

Titty Meat
04-27-2020, 12:20 AM
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1254576899759706113?s=19

The #Seahawks are, in fact, releasing C Justin Britt. He confirmed the news on his Instagram. The move creates $8.5M in salary cap space.

Mahomes_Is_God
04-27-2020, 12:23 AM
Tittys don't have meat in them. It's fat. Do you not science?

Chief Northman
04-27-2020, 12:29 AM
Tore his ACL in late October.
Was making $9 million per and entering last year of a 3 year deal.
He would be a definite upgrade if healthy, but I’d be afraid of the price tag on him.

Bump
04-27-2020, 01:01 AM
If you could get him on a one year deal and if it fits under the cap, would be nice.

Direckshun
04-27-2020, 01:12 AM
If you could get him on a one year deal and if it fits under the cap, would be nice.

1. There’s no prayer you get him on a one year deal.

2. There’s no prayer it would fit under the cap.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-27-2020, 01:20 AM
Veach is extending Jones and Mahomes. We have no more money for him

Bump
04-27-2020, 01:28 AM
1. There’s no prayer you get him on a one year deal.

2. There’s no prayer it would fit under the cap.

probably not, but one can dream

Chief Northman
04-27-2020, 01:38 AM
Let’s not pretend this guy is prime Alex Mack. He’s a good, not great Center. Has struggles in pass pro, which is especially bad given KC’s offense and the best player in the world running it...

dlphg9
04-27-2020, 01:39 AM

A Jones extension in all likelyhood gives us more cap space and if Pat is extended this offseason he will still be playing on his rookie deal and his cap hit remains the same.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-27-2020, 02:34 AM
A Jones extension in all likelyhood gives us more cap space and if Pat is extended this offseason he will still be playing on his rookie deal and his cap hit remains the same.

Veach said today that both deals should get done this offseason and he’s hopeful they will be soon. He says he has meetings with the cap guys every day

RealSNR
04-27-2020, 06:35 AM
Tittys don't have meat in them. It's fat. Do you not science?

Yeah, but these ones do

Simply Red
04-27-2020, 06:47 AM
It's not 'fatty' it's 'phatty'

Coogs
04-27-2020, 07:12 AM

May 3rd is the date for the 5th year option for Mahomes. In this article Veach says:

“Pat and his agent, Chris (Cabot) and Leigh, they know Pat is a priority. Pat isn’t going anywhere," Veach said. “Pat is going to be here a long time. I can never sit here and speak in definitives, so I can’t say that the fifth-year won’t be an option or anything like that. It would be hard for me to see that we’d have to use that. We feel that it’s a priority and when you have a great player, and that great player is a priority, things get done."

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2020/04/21/chiefs-patrick-mahomes/

So it appears like Veach wants to get Mahomes done this week. Jones? :shrug:

Mecca
04-27-2020, 07:13 AM
They don't wanna use that option because it gives them a super high single year cap number the same as Jones being on the franchise tag.

Coogs
04-27-2020, 07:15 AM
They don't wanna use that option because it gives them a super high single year cap number the same as Jones being on the franchise tag.

25 million for Mahomes 5th year option.

Titty Meat
04-27-2020, 12:00 PM

CP said salary cap is a myth tho

tyecopeland
04-27-2020, 12:16 PM

When pat gets extended it will raise his cap hit. Just like Goff's extension from his rookie deal did. It probably wont add much (Goff's hit went up about 1.5 mil bit he was counting nearly 9 mil on his 4th year) but it'll cost more than his current 5.3

OKchiefs
04-27-2020, 12:28 PM
When pat gets extended it will raise his cap hit. Just like Goff's extension from his rookie deal did. It probably wont add much (Goff's hit went up about 1.5 mil bit he was counting nearly 9 mil on his 4th year) but it'll cost more than his current 5.3

I don't think it has to, depends how they structure it. I'm pretty sure they can simply add it on to the end of the current contract with no new money hitting the books until after this deal.

BryanBusby
04-27-2020, 01:19 PM
I would probably pass. I think he's cooked from all the injuries.

Kiimo
04-27-2020, 01:23 PM
I would rather see how Austin Reiter progresses for pennies and possibly Nick Allegretti after that.

You're gonna have to live with some JAGs if you want to pay Chris Jones that's just a fact. Austin Reiter is fine.

Titty Meat
04-27-2020, 01:29 PM
I would rather see how Austin Reiter progresses for pennies and possibly Nick Allegretti after that.

You're gonna have to live with some JAGs if you want to pay Chris Jones that's just a fact. Austin Reiter is fine.

Reiter sucks

BigCatDaddy
04-27-2020, 01:30 PM
I wonder if we can move LDT or Rankin to C. I'd like to see LDT, Rankin and Niang in the middle of the line somehow.

Kiimo
04-27-2020, 01:33 PM
Reiter sucks

Uh didn't he have the second highest grade among our o linemen in the SB against the best DL in the country

Mecca
04-27-2020, 01:34 PM
Austin Reiter is making I believe 3.5 mill this year, but he's not going anywhere, no team that wants to win is going to replace the center in a shortened offseason, that seems like a recipe for disaster with line calls.

Mecca
04-27-2020, 01:34 PM
Uh didn't he have the second highest grade among our o linemen in the SB against the best DL in the country

He's a good pass blocker, average run blocker.

Dunerdr
04-27-2020, 01:36 PM

People keep using this to defend a pretty meh season.

Kiimo
04-27-2020, 01:40 PM
They also use the playoffs to defend Sammy Watkins and Damien Williams and they are right to do so

Mecca
04-27-2020, 01:40 PM
People keep using this to defend a pretty meh season.

It's a bit of a double edged sword, Fisher missing all the time he did affected the entire line. The door that was LG was bad and LDT was underwhelming a lot of the year.

That mixed with the RB position generally eating ass, made Reiter, who I think was probably about the player he was expected to be, look way worse.

I fully expect there to be way less bitching about him this year with the addition of CEH and how LG shakes out.

Titty Meat
04-27-2020, 01:52 PM

PFF is fake news dude

Kiimo
04-27-2020, 01:56 PM
We've gone over this, PFF is an excellent tool when it supports your argument. In this case I choose to use it.