PDA

View Full Version : Football Is the Saints 2 QB offense the future?

RunKC
04-27-2020, 05:36 PM
Very interesting pod today from our guy Terez Paylor. He mentioned specifically that everything he heard has banked on the 2 QB system being used and will be the next big thing. Terez even went as far as to say that football today could be viewed like the 80’s in 10 years with this type of new innovation that will create tons of new packages for offenses.

He actually makes it sound like every team will be getting one in the near future like the Eagles just did with Jalen Hurts.

The premise here is having that extra QB to be your Taysom Hill and put tons of stress on defenses by having him be a runner and efficient passer.

Sounds pretty interesting, but I would like the ball to be in Mr. Mahomes caring hands. I do admit I would love for Andy to put a few package plays in our playbook with John Lovett running this type of stuff.

Not a consistent thing obviously. But I’d love to see Andy trying it out

Skyy God
04-27-2020, 05:36 PM
No.

The Franchise
04-27-2020, 05:37 PM
Nope.

Jewish Rabbi
04-27-2020, 05:37 PM
No.

Mods, close up the thread.

Titty Meat
04-27-2020, 05:38 PM
Nah

rabblerouser
04-27-2020, 05:39 PM
They're gonna need 2 QBs to even try and match what 1 Mahomes II can do...

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-27-2020, 05:41 PM
There are several former QBs on this team

nychief
04-27-2020, 05:42 PM
Tysom Hill is the most overrated and overpaid player in the NFL....

staylor26
04-27-2020, 05:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2Pp8PZt.gif

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-27-2020, 05:43 PM
Lovett is an interesting player. He can catch, was a QB in college and he can also run. I’m intrigued

RunKC
04-27-2020, 05:43 PM
Sean Payton and Doug Pederson. Two super bowl winning offensive coaches that are looked upon favorably in regards to innovation.

One paid quite a bit of money to Taysom Hill. The other drafted Jalen Hurts in the 2nd rd.

Not sure if this will be “the new trend” but I’m fascinated to see what some teams do with this model.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2020, 05:44 PM
Lovett is an interesting player. He can catch, was a QB in college and he can also run. I’m intrigued
It would be awesome if Lovett is healthy. He could be a beast.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-27-2020, 05:45 PM
It would be awesome if Lovett is healthy. He could be a beast.

I can see him being the #3 TE this season. I’d much rather see Lovett try and throw than Tyreek or Kelce

Wisconsin_Chief
04-27-2020, 05:52 PM
For teams that have two QBs with completely unique but also limited skill sets, this isn’t a terrible idea. I can see a lot of teams finding it to be something they would look at.

However, for the Chiefs this is not something that would be of any use or consideration. It would be like going for a drive in your uncle’s 1988 Buick Skylark while you have a ‘69 Mustang Boss 429 sitting in your own garage.

alpha_omega
04-27-2020, 05:52 PM
No. If you have 2QBs you really have none.

mdchiefsfan
04-27-2020, 05:54 PM
The saying, “if you have two starters, you have none” seems to apply fairly well.

mdchiefsfan

See? :thumb:

RustShack
Every team has at least 1 backup QB.

FloridaMan88
04-27-2020, 05:55 PM
Maybe if you have a 40 year old starting QB with declining arm strength.

Otherwise, no.

Jamie
04-27-2020, 05:58 PM
I've been waiting for someone to do this in earnest since Kordell Stewart. I thought that's what Tebow should have been, and I wanted us to draft Lamar Jackson to try it. To be clear, I'm not saying it'll definitely work, but I want to see it.

The Franchise
04-27-2020, 05:58 PM
Sean Payton and Doug Pederson. Two super bowl winning offensive coaches that are looked upon favorably in regards to innovation.

One paid quite a bit of money to Taysom Hill. The other drafted Jalen Hurts in the 2nd rd.

Not sure if this will be “the new trend” but I’m fascinated to see what some teams do with this model.

The Saints love Taysom Hill so much that they’re sniffing around Winston. And the Eagles drafted Hurts because Wentz can’t stay healthy.

Rasputin
04-27-2020, 06:00 PM
"Not a consistent thing obviously. But I’d love to see Andy trying it out"

Fuck that.

RustShack
04-27-2020, 06:04 PM
Why would we want Mahomes off the field ever? He can run, and he can consistently make throws most QB’s don’t make in their life.

RunKC
04-27-2020, 06:05 PM
The Saints love Taysom Hill so much that they’re sniffing around Winston. And the Eagles drafted Hurts because Wentz can’t stay healthy.

Saints just gave Taysom Hill a 2 years $21 million deal.

As for Hurts...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A source close to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> says that the team plans to use Jalen Hurts as a “staple” of the offense, describing the plan/his role as “Taysom Hill on steroids.” per <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CharlesRobinson</a>. <a href="https://t.co/sLZT5aK4ZU">pic.twitter.com/sLZT5aK4ZU</a></p>&mdash; Eagles Nation (@PHLEaglesNation) <a href="https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/1254178127028391936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MahomesMagic
04-27-2020, 06:10 PM
Problem is Jalen Hurts ain't the same level of athlete.

kcclone
04-27-2020, 06:17 PM
For this to work, you need a guy who can run and catch fairly well. There aren’t too many QB’s that have all those skills and can learn a new position quickly.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2020, 06:22 PM
Chad Henne runs the traditional drop back stuff.

Mahomes and Ta’amu run the gadget plays.

Trust in Veach and Reid.

smithandrew051
04-27-2020, 06:29 PM
If you have a Lamar Jackson or Mike Vick type of athlete in addition to a Mahomes, then you can probably come up with all sorts of interesting gadget plays and 2-QB looks.

The odds of have that sort of personnel is unlikely. It’ll likely never be more than a gadget type of look to cause confusion. Kinda like the wildcat.

Why Not?
04-27-2020, 06:36 PM
Certainly not for the Chiefs for the next 15 years.

RunKC
04-27-2020, 06:40 PM
For this to work, you need a guy who can run and catch fairly well. There aren’t too many QB’s that have all those skills and can learn a new position quickly.

John Lovett is a much bigger, faster player than Jalen Hurts. He’s also been here learning the offense for a year.

I think people are taking this out of hand. I’d like to have Lovett be our do-it-all player. Short yardage, screens like Sherman, soe TE routes and 3-5 plays in the playbook of him throwing a pass with Mahomes on the field.

Keep in mind that Lovett would only throw a pass every once in awhile on a trick play forcing teams to respect the fact that he can pass and run at the same time. All it takes is one pass.

I’m not advocating for us to run the 2 QB package where the ball is out of Mahomes hands a lot of the time. I think it is fascinating that the Eagles and Saints are doing this though.

CrazyPhuD
04-27-2020, 06:42 PM
We could sign Alex Smith once he’s finally cut. :hmmm:

MightyMouse
04-27-2020, 06:50 PM
Sometimes people just overthink things. It’s fun for coordinators to come up with new things so they love the idea but realistically it’s pretty stupid.
-if you have a MVP QB why take the ball out of his hands? I’ll take Mahomes every play please.
-not enough talented people like this for it to be some catchy trend.
- what has Hill ever gotten the Saints? They have Brees. They can’t with out sprinkling in a little Hill? Did Hill lead them to some super bowl I’m not aware of? 10mil a year for some gadget plays and he can play some special teams, great!

He seriously is the most overrated player I can remember.

FloridaMan88
04-27-2020, 06:51 PM
Pittsburgh did this 25 years ago with Kordell Stewart as a gadget back-up QB... it’s not exactly a new concept.

Hoover
04-27-2020, 06:59 PM
I think drafting a decent backup just makes sense economically.

I mean some back up qbs make too much. Look at what we have paid Henne. Now I don’t want to invest a 2nd or 3rd in a backup QB but in the right situation I’d be all for getting a QB in here to backup Mahomes on a rookie contract

rabblerouser
04-27-2020, 07:03 PM

I mean some back up qbs make too much. Look at what we have paid Henne. Now I don’t want to invest a 2nd or 3rd in a backup QB but in the right situation I’d be all for getting a QB in here to backup Mahomes on a rookie contract

Straight up.

The Bills drafted Frank Reich in the third round and he backed up Jim Kelly for 9 seasons and 4 Super Bowl appearances, one of which definitely wouldnt have happened without Reich's still-largest comeback in playoff history.

Fairly successful. Obviously was an asset in the QB room, considering how successful of a coach he's been already.

FloridaMan88
04-27-2020, 07:06 PM

Or you could just convince a veteran QB to come out of semi-retirement like the Chiefs did with Matt Moore last year.

Monticore
04-27-2020, 07:09 PM
Even 2 QB fantasy leagues suck.

rabblerouser
04-27-2020, 07:10 PM

Truth.

eDave
04-27-2020, 07:12 PM

This right here. Who's even entertaining this idea?
Good luck with THAT.

Ubeja Vontell
04-27-2020, 07:12 PM
The Rams used Bob Waterfield and Norm Van Brocklin in the 50's.

In 1951 both passed for over 1500 yards, both had 13td'. Both were making pro bowl teams, this was more about having two equal QB's than a passer and a runner however.

In Partrick Mahomes we have a once in a generation QB, you don't mess around trying to get cute with anything, you leave this stud alone,

Here's a first....

1950 and 1951 both Waterfield and Van Brocklin in the pro bowl.

sedated
04-27-2020, 07:29 PM
Personel and misdirection can work, but every snap that you are taking passes away from your starting QB to give them to someone less talented at throwing the ball, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.

TribalElder
04-27-2020, 07:33 PM
The saints have a QB and a half not 2 QB

It might be neat to have 2 people who can lateral and throw it deep but it's a gimmick that will get run eventually like the wildcat or whatever

POND_OF_RED
04-27-2020, 07:34 PM
Tom Brady could be the first starting QB to be the 5th best in his division of 4 teams. Kind of crazy to think about.

Mile High Mania
04-27-2020, 07:45 PM
Interesting in theory and fun for gadgets, but a dynamic offense of the future... dunno about all that.

Ubeja Vontell
04-27-2020, 07:49 PM
Stick this guy in the slot at Mami, give him 6-8 might pass plays a game meaning the D is thinking....pass?

It could work there just not with us.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hH6i9M2p5oQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

55% comp% last season, so....???

Halfcan
04-27-2020, 08:04 PM
Saints should have 4 QB's - that would really trick the defense. They would not know who would be throwing.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-27-2020, 08:13 PM
Lulz...Debergodante thread

dlphg9
04-27-2020, 08:13 PM
Stick this guy in the slot at Mami, give him 6-8 might pass plays a game meaning the D is thinking....pass?

It could work there just not with us.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hH6i9M2p5oQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

55% comp% last season, so....???

After you blow 6 guys consecutively and swallow their load, do you pee or poop out cum?

dlphg9
04-27-2020, 08:17 PM
Oh I got a tricky play. Put the defense in on offense. They wouldn't know what hit them.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-27-2020, 08:22 PM
If you have to resort to bullshit like this you aren't winning a championship.

Ubeja Vontell
04-27-2020, 08:53 PM
After you blow 6 guys consecutively and swallow their load, do you pee or poop out cum?

Talking about a guy tailor made to pull off what this thread is talking about brings that, why?

Stay on topic son.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2020, 09:17 PM
Sometimes people just overthink things. It’s fun for coordinators to come up with new things so they love the idea but realistically it’s pretty stupid.
-if you have a MVP QB why take the ball out of his hands? I’ll take Mahomes every play please.
-not enough talented people like this for it to be some catchy trend.
- what has Hill ever gotten the Saints? They have Brees. They can’t with out sprinkling in a little Hill? Did Hill lead them to some super bowl I’m not aware of? 10mil a year for some gadget plays and he can play some special teams, great!

He seriously is the most overrated player I can remember.You didn't approve of Kelce running the wildcat or the direct snap to Williams?

Chief Pagan
04-27-2020, 09:32 PM
However, for the Chiefs this is not something that would be of any use or consideration. It would be like going for a drive in your uncle’s 1988 Buick Skylark while you have a ‘69 Mustang Boss 429 sitting in your own garage.

And if the roads are really icy and there are a bunch of idiots on the road...

I'll take my chances with my Uncle's POS sedan.

big nasty kcnut
04-27-2020, 10:59 PM
Nope!

Fish
04-28-2020, 12:06 AM
Not applicable when you have a Mahomes.

Bugeater
04-28-2020, 12:12 AM
OMG IT'S THE RETURN OF THE TWO HEADED MONSTER

Mahomes_Is_God
04-28-2020, 12:44 AM
John Lovett is a much bigger, faster player than Jalen Hurts. He’s also been here learning the offense for a year.

I think people are taking this out of hand. I’d like to have Lovett be our do-it-all player. Short yardage, screens like Sherman, soe TE routes and 3-5 plays in the playbook of him throwing a pass with Mahomes on the field.

Keep in mind that Lovett would only throw a pass every once in awhile on a trick play forcing teams to respect the fact that he can pass and run at the same time. All it takes is one pass.

I’m not advocating for us to run the 2 QB package where the ball is out of Mahomes hands a lot of the time. I think it is fascinating that the Eagles and Saints are doing this though.

They're only doing it because their starters are unreliable. Brees is old as fuck/declining and Wentz is just a broke dick. Any team with an elite starter (like us and the Seahawks) have zero use for this lame shit.

ChiefBlueCFC
04-28-2020, 08:29 AM
Has the 2 QB system ever worked? I don't recall anyone winning anything of importance while splitting playing time between 2 QBs. And you can't say Philly because they were playing Wentz, then he got hurt. It wasn't like they were splitting time between Wentz and Foles.

Don Corlemahomes
04-28-2020, 08:38 AM
Takes a lot of nerve posting this on this board when we have Pat fucking Mahomes.

FloridaMan88
04-28-2020, 08:46 AM
Also the Saints initially acquired Taysom Hill as an undrafted free agent... the Eagles used a freaking second round draft pick on Hurts.

Doesn't seem worth a second round pick for a situational/gadget player.

Mile High Mania
04-28-2020, 08:50 AM
Has the 2 QB system ever worked? I don't recall anyone winning anything of importance while splitting playing time between 2 QBs. And you can't say Philly because they were playing Wentz, then he got hurt. It wasn't like they were splitting time between Wentz and Foles.

I view it like the wildcat offense... it was "wow" when NFL teams started doing it again and that quickly faded. You do have a number of teams that have a few of those plays in their bag, but it's kinda no big deal.

This is something you can do when you grab that tweener QB that isn't really a QB at this level, but is an athletic freak and you're finding a way to validate him taking a roster spot. Now, Taysom did really well catching TDs, but this is not a new thing that is about to hit the league.

Mile High Mania
04-28-2020, 08:50 AM
Also the Saints initially acquired Taysom Hill as an undrafted free agent... the Eagles used a freaking second round draft pick on Hurts.

Doesn't seem worth a second round pick for a situational/gadget player.

Exactly...

Beef Supreme
04-28-2020, 09:58 AM
And the wishbone is making a comeback, too.

Direckshun
04-28-2020, 12:36 PM

We just had that dude in Blake Bell and nothing really came of it.

BWillie
04-28-2020, 12:57 PM
This whole Taysom Hill thing is odd to me. I don't know why they value him so much. I'm not going to sit here and say I've seen a ton of Saints games last year but based on his production & usage I don't understand why he's so coveted.

He's also going to be 30 next season. If his best skill is running the football and athleticism, I don't quite understand the allure or why you would pay a guy like this almost 11M a year when he seems to only be worth 2M.

Megatron96
04-28-2020, 01:03 PM
Just my hot takes, but no, the 2-QB thing is not the wave of the future. the 2-Qb thing is for teams that don't have a true franchise QB or they have an aging/oft injured franchise Qb that needs to be spelled for significant time during the season. If you have a Russell Wilson or a Pat Mahomes or even a Deshaun Watson you don't take the ball out of those QBs' hands for significant plays or minutes. To do so is just saying, "we don't believe our starting QB can make it happen in this spot."

cripple creek
04-28-2020, 02:09 PM

amen!

RunKC
05-31-2020, 08:37 PM
Hmmm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love making an impact this year? ��*�� <a href="https://t.co/WKfD1FFpCu">pic.twitter.com/WKfD1FFpCu</a></p>&mdash; B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) <a href="https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1267274669389950980?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser
05-31-2020, 08:44 PM
Brees is a big enough guy to share a piece of the limelight with.

Rodgers, though? :hmmm:

dallaschiefsfan
05-31-2020, 09:10 PM
To the OP - No. PM2 is the future. And the future is now. Everyone else is just throwing stuff at the wall.

baitism
05-31-2020, 09:40 PM
Just one less blocker or skill position player.

cdcox
05-31-2020, 10:07 PM
Cowboys alternated Morton and Staubach by plays. It did pump up Morton’s value so they could trade him for Randy White the next season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qfQd1UZxhOU

IUsedToBeATightEnd
06-01-2020, 07:32 AM
Whatever we can do to create confusion among the pass rushers and slow them down, we should do.
We were blessed with Pat, let's do all we can to make this blessing last through the next two decades.
I'd love to see Lovett and Mahomes on the field at the same time on some gadget plays designed by Andy, same as the Saints do with Taysom Hill.

Deberg_1990
11-20-2020, 12:29 PM
Wow.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jameis Winston will not be part of any offensive packages Sunday vs. the Falcons, per <a href="https://twitter.com/diannaESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@diannaESPN</a>. The Saints’ QB now is Taysom Hill.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1329807379865726977?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
11-20-2020, 12:31 PM
Wow.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jameis Winston will not be part of any offensive packages Sunday vs. the Falcons, per <a href="https://twitter.com/diannaESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@diannaESPN</a>. The Saints’ QB now is Taysom Hill.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1329807379865726977?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They don't want the turnover risk. I don't blame them.

alpha_omega
11-20-2020, 12:35 PM
surprising

CasselGotPeedOn
11-20-2020, 12:35 PM
Hmmm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love making an impact this year? ��*�� <a href="https://t.co/WKfD1FFpCu">pic.twitter.com/WKfD1FFpCu</a></p>&mdash; B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) <a href="https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1267274669389950980?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How's this going?

MahomesMagic
11-20-2020, 12:38 PM
I would like to see this guy go to New Orleans and play with Taysom Hill.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xAe1jJNQdOQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
11-20-2020, 12:42 PM
How's this going?

LMAO

Skyy God
11-20-2020, 12:47 PM
Hmmm

You’re a moron of Jake-ian proportions.

Was the Wildcat going to revolutionize offenses? No.

Were running QBs like RG3 and Lamar going to revolutionize offenses? No.

Will this? No.

Should your mom have aborted you? Yes.

Mecca
11-20-2020, 12:48 PM
Considering Hill can't throw for shit, watch the Saints lose that game.

MahomesMagic
11-20-2020, 12:48 PM
It really depends on what you have at QB.

For KC you get a guy like King and it's just gadget plays that take the ball out of Mahomes hands. If you are a team with a huge ? at QB why not look into an alternative if you don't have a generational talent at the position.

RealSNR
11-20-2020, 12:56 PM
Wow.

Uhhh what? Why even say that? I assume Schefter didn't figure that out by sitting in the coaches' room and attending practice all week. Somebody must have told him that and he reported it.

Like... why, though? Why reveal that? You're probably lying, and if you're not, why reveal that information for the other team?

staylor26
11-20-2020, 01:01 PM
Uhhh what? Why even say that? I assume Schefter didn't figure that out by sitting in the coaches' room and attending practice all week. Somebody must have told him that and he reported it.

Like... why, though? Why reveal that? You're probably lying, and if you're not, why reveal that information for the other team?

Yea that makes no sense. You would think Payton isn’t happy with this being leaked. But then again it’s a stupid decision in the first place, so who fucking knows?

Mecca
11-20-2020, 01:14 PM
What is their obession with Taysom Hill? I don't get it, dude is a shitty passer.

smithandrew051
11-20-2020, 01:16 PM
I’m not a Hill fan, but this is good for my fantasy team. I picked him up and I’m allowed to start him in the Flex. So technically I’m rolling with 2 QBs this week.

Hill should get some fantasy points against that awful defense.

htismaqe
11-20-2020, 01:16 PM
What is their obession with Taysom Hill? I don't get it, dude is a shitty passer.

So is Winston.

Deberg_1990
11-20-2020, 01:20 PM
So is Winston.

Yea. i guess this says more about how bad Winston is than anything.

Skyy God
11-20-2020, 01:21 PM

Probably has pics of Sean Payton snorting Coke off his girlfriend’s ass.

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2020, 01:44 PM
I'm still surprised at how little offenses use receivers and backs who can throw the ball. It's nothing more than a gadget play. But it seems really low risk high reward if done the right way.

Lzen
11-20-2020, 01:47 PM

I have always wondered that.

Mecca
11-20-2020, 01:48 PM
So is Winston.

Winston turns it over, Hill wasn't even a good college passer.

RealSNR
11-20-2020, 02:08 PM
So is Winston.

I guess it depends what kind of shit sandwich is less shitty to you.

One of them is 30 TDs but also 30 INTs kind of shit. The other one is legs of Steve Young but arm of Tyler Palko kind of shit.

Honestly, I'd probably take the 30 for 30 shit sandwich. It's more likely Jameis will make better decisions with the football than it is Taysom Hill figures out how to even throw the friggin football to the standard of an NFL QB

htismaqe
11-20-2020, 02:41 PM
Winston turns it over, Hill wasn't even a good college passer.

They could run a Tebow offense with that defense and eek out several wins.

Winston turning the ball over would be far worse.

Athis
11-20-2020, 03:33 PM
NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The Saints placed Drew Brees on injured reserve on Friday. That means he’ll be out for a minimum of three weeks.!

Valiant
11-20-2020, 05:48 PM
Teams hope so, it would drop the cost of qbs.

But if you have a franchise, you don't need it.

Coochie liquor
11-20-2020, 06:25 PM
Tom Brady rejoices!!

displacedinMN
11-20-2020, 07:04 PM
future. NO.

NWMO would do this to spell the QB and let them look at what was happening. Maybe to save time outs.

But not a QB by committee. I think it has been tried and failed. You would need almost clones to keep the offense having the same rhythm

notorious
11-20-2020, 07:12 PM
If you have 2 QBs you've got none.

Megatron96
11-21-2020, 10:11 AM
future. NO.

NWMO would do this to spell the QB and let them look at what was happening. Maybe to save time outs.

But not a QB by committee. I think it has been tried and failed. You would need almost clones to keep the offense having the same rhythm

Haha, this post reminded of the one instance where I've seen the 2 QB thing work pretty well.

It was these twins, back in HS, so 33-34 years ago? One of them was a little more of a passer, and the other was a little more of a runner. But as I recall, they were pretty much interchangeable, and sometimes they even put both of them on the field at the same time.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Good Lord Hill is an abomination at QB

Red Dawg
11-21-2020, 11:04 AM
I find it impossible to believe that Winston won't take snaps in this game.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2020, 11:08 AM
Also, Holy shit you really thought 2 QB offenses were some kind of future ROFL ROFL ROFL Jesus fuck

Deberg_1990
11-21-2020, 11:11 AM
Haha, this post reminded of the one instance where I've seen the 2 QB thing work pretty well.

It was these twins, back in HS, so 33-34 years ago? One of them was a little more of a passer, and the other was a little more of a runner. But as I recall, they were pretty much interchangeable, and sometimes they even put both of them on the field at the same time.

Teams have tried it on and off over the years.

I remember one year in the early 90s the Broncos tried it after Elway went down. It was Tommy Maddox and some other QB I don’t remember? They would shuffle in and out after each series. Bad idea.

Megatron96
11-21-2020, 11:16 AM
Good Lord Hill is an abomination at QB

I don't believe that Hill is a real starting NFL QB either. But Sean Payton is not stupid. So there has to be a pretty good reason Hill is starting at QB this week.

Of course, Winston hasn't had a lot of time to digest the playbook, so maybe that has something to do with it. But if he otherwise was performing well in practice, I have to believe Payton would be starting him, because this is definitely not a throwaway game. And they're playing ATL, which doesn't have much of a defense, so it would be a good game to get the better QB in the game?

I'm left with Winston is really bad, so bad that Payton feels a lot more comfortable starting Hill.

Or this is all subterfuge, and Payton really starts Winston, but wants ATL to prep for Hill.

Megatron96
11-21-2020, 11:24 AM
Teams have tried it on and off over the years.

I remember one year in the early 90s the Broncos tried it after Elway went down. It was Tommy Maddox and some other QB I don’t remember? They would shuffle in and out after each series. Bad idea.

Yeah, I've never seen it work well, except these two kids, and while they both would take snaps at QB, the running one really took most of his snaps at RB. This was back in the early '80s in OK, and pretty much all OK HS teams ran the ball about 80% of the time. But that team would run several trick plays because they had those twins, and both could run and pass, and you were never quite sure which was which.

And I have seen it occasionally at the college level, like in D-II?

But I can't see it being very successful at the pro level.