PDA

View Full Version : Football Early look at the AFC West 2020 Schedules

Mile High Mania
04-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Throwing this out there and I'll provide some commentary later. But, since we're post-draft, let's take a look at the non-divisional schedules for 2020. I have the games in italics and red that are different (2 per team).

There will be some good games this year... it's still KC's division to lose until someone steps up. What are your initial thoughts on these games?

Aside from the standard divisional games:

Chiefs
Home
Patriots
Jets
Falcons
Panthers
Texans

Away
Dolphins
Ravens
Bills
Saints
Bucs

Broncos
Home
Bills
Dolphins
Saints
Bucs
Titans

Away
Falcons
Panthers
Patriots
Jets
Steelers

Chargers
Home
Patriots
Jets
Falcons
Panthers
Jaguars

Away
Bills
Bengals
Dolphins
Saints
Bucs

Raiders
Home
Bills
Dolphins
Saints
Bucs
Colts

Away
Falcons
Panthers
Browns
Patriots
Jets

Sofa King
04-30-2020, 10:15 AM
Yup, nothing much to see here. Chiefs 6-0 vs the west, the rest won't matter as the 3 other teams suck equally and will all probably go 3-3 against each other. That's a 3 game lead no matter what.

jjchieffan
04-30-2020, 10:28 AM
Wouldn't it be funny to see every team in the AFC West beat the Patriots?

smithandrew051
04-30-2020, 10:31 AM
6-0 in the Division
8-0 at home
We probably drop 1 or 2 on the road, but I’m not impressed with any of those teams.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2020, 10:35 AM
6-0 in the Division
8-0 at home
We probably drop 1 or 2 on the road, but I’m not impressed with any of those teams.

I think the Ravens, Saints and Bucs are the toughest games... mainly because they're on the road and those teams should be pretty good. I could see KC going 2-1.

KC is looking good for a sweep, but I'll still hold out hope and project a split with Denver based on nothing more than hope and I'll never project a sweep unless Denver is terrible, which they are not.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2020, 10:36 AM
The Saints, Bucs, Falcons, Steelers and probably the Jets will be tough for Denver, but I think they win the rest of those games. I'll project a 3-2 finish vs the 5 teams mentioned initially. Worst case 2-3... and I think they'll go 4-2 in the division.

Sign me up for 9-7 at this point overall.

jjchieffan
04-30-2020, 10:46 AM
6-0 in the Division
8-0 at home

8-0 at home looks very achievable this year. Houston is the only team that has a realistic shot and we should beat them too. Saints and Bucs are the only difficult road games and the Chiefs should them as well.

duncan_idaho
04-30-2020, 10:57 AM
I see 14-2 for KC against that schedule, with losses to the Bucs and Saints on the road (Lamar Jackson ends the 2020 season 0-3 against Mahomes and KC).

Sassy Squatch
04-30-2020, 10:59 AM
The Saints, Bucs, Falcons, Steelers and probably the Jets will be tough for Denver, but I think they win the rest of those games. I'll project a 3-2 finish vs the 5 teams mentioned initially. Worst case 2-3... and I think they'll go 4-2 in the division.

Titans?

carcosa
04-30-2020, 11:00 AM
Chiefs 19-0, any questions???

Monticore
04-30-2020, 11:07 AM
Some tough road games, I don't think the Bills are an easy out at home in bad weather.

12-4

BlackOp
04-30-2020, 11:14 AM

9-7?

You have a new OC...with a new RB, WR (2), Center (rookie), Guard and a QB that has started 5 games....couple that with no off-season camp.

Your center needs to be able to call protections...and Shumur is known for long developing pass plays.

Lock averaged 200 yards a game....

7-9 in your ceiling....Dolphins, Panthers and Jets are the only teams the Donks might be better than.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2020, 11:21 AM
Titans?

Denver beat them at home last year... prior to Lock/Ryan taking over for their teams. Sure, it could go either way, but I'll hedge my bets here and say it's a very winnable game.

9-7?

You have a new OC...with a new RB, WR (2), Center (rookie), Guard and a QB that has started 5 games....couple that with no off-season camp.

Your center needs to be able to call protections...and Shumur is known for long developing pass plays.

Lock averaged 200 yards a game....

7-9 in your ceiling....Dolphins, Panthers and Jets are the only teams the Donks might be better than.

Well, I guess they just shouldn't expect to win any games, eh? I say 9-7, you say 7-9 is their celing... I don't think we're too far off and you're more doom and gloom than I think is reasonable, quite honestly.

It's not like 9-7 is saying they're back on top of the world. It's 1 game over .500 --- not really jumping the shark with a 2 win improvement YOY.

banyon
04-30-2020, 11:22 AM
Some tough road games, I don't think the Bills are an easy out at home in bad weather.

12-4

I'm down with this.

I see possible L's at BAL, NO, and BUF

1 loss in division maybe 2 at worst 11-5

Mile High Mania
04-30-2020, 11:33 AM
I'm down with this.

I see possible L's at BAL, NO, and BUF

1 loss in division maybe 2 at worst 11-5

Yeah and still good for a 2-3 game division lead.

BlackOp
04-30-2020, 11:33 AM
Well, I guess they just shouldn't expect to win any games, eh?

5 or 6 is reasonable....unless you think implementing an entirely new system without an off-season has no effect. Dismiss it if you want.

Lock is essentially still a rookie...especially as this will be his first year running Shurmur's offense. He's not that great on his best day anyway...

Shurmur was 9-23 as a HC with the Giants...then 9-23 with the Browns.

He's been OK as a OC...but he was running Chip Kelly's offense when Foles excelled....he was essentially Bieniemy running Andy's plays.

Horseface has developed quite the racket...bring in a new QB/OC every season to keep the fans engaged.

POND_OF_RED
04-30-2020, 11:40 AM
I think the Ravens, Saints and Bucs are the toughest games... mainly because they're on the road and those teams should be pretty good. I could see KC going 2-1.

KC is looking good for a sweep, but I'll still hold out hope and project a split with Denver based on nothing more than hope and I'll never project a sweep unless Denver is terrible, which they are not.

https://i.redd.it/kb784wq96fe01.gif

Oh man. I don’t miss those days of false hope and optimism. I’d feel sorry for you if it were any other team!

Mile High Mania
04-30-2020, 11:41 AM
5 or 6 is reasonable....unless you think implementing a entirely new system without an off-season has no effect. Dismiss it if you want.

Lock is essentially still a rookie...especially as this will be his first year running Shurmur's offense. He's not that great on his best day anyway...

Shurmur was 9-23 as a HC with the Giants...then 9-23 with the Browns.

He's been OK as a OC...but he was running Chip Kelly's offense when Foles excelled....he was essentially Bieniemy running Andy's plays.

Horseface has developed quite the racket...bring in a new QB/OC every season to keep the fans engaged.

Duly noted.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2020, 11:49 AM

12-4

Without fans, road games become much, much easier because crowd noise will not be a factor.

Watch: The Chiefs will go 19-0 but receive an asterisk next to their win total because fans weren't permitted in stadiums.

BlackOp
04-30-2020, 11:51 AM
12-4 is a safe bet with KC...it's a long season. There will be injuries and WTF moments like every year.

That said....there arent any teams on their schedule that are better than the Chiefs.

RealSNR
04-30-2020, 11:54 AM
Win the Super Bowl AND we get to play the Texans?

God has clearly decided we've had enough punishment as a franchise and is now heaping all of the good fortune he can muster onto us

KChiefs1
04-30-2020, 12:00 PM
15-1

Loss is vs the Saints in the SuperDome.

BlackOp
04-30-2020, 12:04 PM
15-1

Loss is vs the Saints in the SuperDome.

That might depend on when they play them....Brees's arm looked shot by the end of the year.

Chiefs have the speed to take advantage of playing indoors...

Monticore
04-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Without fans, road games become much, much easier because crowd noise will not be a factor.

Watch: The Chiefs will go 19-0 but receive an asterisk next to their win total because fans weren't permitted in stadiums.

Unfortunately there is some luck here and there to win vs good teams, could they go 19-0 sure, will they probably not.

With the new playoff format that 1 seed is huge .

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2020, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately there is some luck here and there to win vs good teams, could they go 19-0 sure, will they probably not.

With the new playoff format that 1 seed is huge .

I'm just saying, hypothetically and with a tad bit of irony, that if the Chiefs of all teams were to go 19-0, somehow, some way, people would attempt to discredit their achievement.

You know, Because Chiefs and all. :D

Mile High Mania
04-30-2020, 12:17 PM
https://i.redd.it/kb784wq96fe01.gif

Oh man. I don’t miss those days of false hope and optimism. I’d feel sorry for you if it were any other team!

:LOL: They may very well be swept again by KC, but a 2 win improvement isn't expecting too much.

digger
04-30-2020, 12:17 PM
first glance 14-2...

FAX
04-30-2020, 12:19 PM
It's time for the Chiefs to have an undefeated season.

Might as well be these guys.

FAX

duncan_idaho
04-30-2020, 12:37 PM
As for the other teams, I see divisional records of:

Denver: 3-3 (0-2 v Chiefs, 1-1 vs. Chargers, 2-0 v Raiders)
LA: 2-4 (0-2 v Chiefs, 1-1 v Broncos, 1-1 v Raiders)
Vegas: 1-5 (0-2 v Chiefs, 0-2 v Broncos, 1-1 v Chargers)

Overall:
Denver: 9-7
LA: 9-7
Raiders: 5-11

Megatron96
04-30-2020, 12:56 PM
It's still weird to think that we're a lock to beat the Patsies.

The only teams on the list that feel like tough outs are the Ravens and the Saints. The Ravens will be a better team on both sides of the ball than what we faced last season, but I still think we're going to beat them. And the Saints are the Saints, plus we'll be playing them at their house, where they pretty much always play better.

Still, it's not hard to see the Chiefs running the table here.

DEN will probably have trouble against NO, TEN, and PIT. Could easily go 0-3. The fact that they get NO and TEN at home could make a difference in their favor though. I think 1-2 is probably right. Against the list, I think DEN drops at least 3 more of those games, because there are at least teams on that list that feature pretty good front-four pass rushes. And we know how bad the Broncos tackles are. 5-5.

LAC is probably the biggest question mark with Rivers gone. In how many of these games will Tyrod actually be the starter? I'm guessing at last 5. Then they'll put in their rookie QB, and things could get ugly. I didn't see who they drafted or who they picked up in FA, so this is pretty much a flyer, but I'm guessing 3-7 here.

The Raiders could go 6-4 or 7-3 vs. the slate, but I just don't believe it. They didn't do anything to address their lack of a pass rush, and Carr is Carr (can't believe they didn't draft a QB). I think they'll go 5-5 at best. 4-6 feels more accurate.

frozenchief
04-30-2020, 01:06 PM
Falcons can be a tough match up. They're so inconsistent, though.

I will be interested to see the Bucs this year. Brady is still smart enough to be a good QB but he doesn't have the arm strength.

Saints look tough and playing them in NO will not be easy. But it would be a fun game to go to.
And we play Ravens in Baltimore this time. That will make it difficult.

I am seriously considering hopping down to LV for the KC/LV game. Check out the new stadium and get an LV weekend out of it.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-30-2020, 01:31 PM
I can't wait to find out the date I get to wear Chiefs Super Bowl gear at the shiny new stadium in Vegas (aka Arrowhead West).

BWillie
04-30-2020, 01:51 PM
I realize we play 16 games, but I'm thinking 194-0.

ping2000
05-01-2020, 03:07 AM
0-16. New punter.

lawrenceRaider
05-01-2020, 07:40 AM
Wouldn't it be funny to see every team in the AFC West beat the Patriots?

Chargers might screw that one up. They probably have the best D, but also have the weakest O.

kcclone
05-01-2020, 08:18 AM
Going thru the schedules, I have:

Chiefs 13-3
Donks 9-7
Chargers 9-7
Fade 8-8

Chief Northman
05-01-2020, 03:38 PM
Too lazy to bring up Donks thread.

Donks decline 5th year option on Garrett Bolles.

Teehee

KChiefs1
05-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Overall:

Chiefs 15-1
Donks 8-8
Faiders 8-8
Bolts 7-9

Bwana
05-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Going thru the schedules, I have:

Chiefs 13-3
Donks 9-7
Chargers 9-7
Fade 8-8

Sports writers before the season-
The Chargers will win the AFC west!

Mile High Mania
05-05-2020, 04:59 PM
Soon, we will know how it all falls..

PHOG
05-05-2020, 05:20 PM
Soon, we will know how it all falls..

It will "fall" as the Donkos being losers like they have NINE times in a row. :toast:

Brody Wa
05-07-2020, 02:41 PM
I honestly think Miami’s undefeated record is in jeopardy this year. With that being said, I’ve made a shit-ton of mistakes predicting KC chiefs SBs over the last 30 years.