PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Billy Quach Films: 2019 Chiefs Cinematic Reel

dirk digler
05-12-2020, 07:57 AM
This is awesome and because we need this.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iYxf5jk_dyo" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Kman34
05-12-2020, 08:07 AM
That was beautiful..

scho63
05-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Sweet, sweet cherry pie!

okiedokieokoye
05-12-2020, 12:31 PM
Minshew?

dirk digler
05-12-2020, 12:45 PM
Minshew?

It is technically called NFL Cinematic Reel but it is 99% Chiefs. I love it and probably have watched it a half a dozen times. :D

Megatron96
05-12-2020, 05:18 PM
The cinematography(?) was great, really great. The musical score choice was a kind of oddball. But at least it wasn't the same old rap/pop music nonsense.

Bowser
05-12-2020, 06:24 PM
- That endzone shot of Mahomes' TD run against the Titans is amazing

- I will never not laugh watching Tyreek Hill chase down Damien Williams from behind. Twice.

Halfcan
05-12-2020, 07:53 PM
Minshew?

Has any QB ever been hyped as much for his first 20 passes then this guy?

DJ's left nut
05-13-2020, 11:15 AM
Even from the reverse angle and in slow-motion, I recognized the throw at 1:14 from the moment it came out of Mahomes hand. It was one of the few times I've ever seen him unload and though "man, he dialed it up there". He had a lot of body in that throw and was clearly trying to rip it - he doesn't do that very often.

That throw was a fucking piss missile. To the 'arm strength doesn't matter' crowd - arm strength made that throw. Mahomes just rocketed that thing into the seam and the high angle never did justice to it.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2020, 11:17 AM
Even from the reverse angle and in slow-motion, I recognized the throw at 1:14 from the moment it came out of Mahomes hand. It was one of the few times I've ever seen him unload and though "man, he dialed it up there". He had a lot of body in that throw and was clearly trying to rip it - he doesn't do that very often.

That throw was a fucking piss missile. To the 'arm strength doesn't matter' crowd - arm strength made that throw. Mahomes just rocketed that thing into the seam and the high angle never did justice to it.

Like one of those throws from his first start in DEN. Piss Missiles all over the Donkeys.

DJ's left nut
05-13-2020, 11:21 AM
Like one of those throws from his first start in DEN. Piss Missiles all over the Donkeys.

The thing he threw to that 4th string TE in the pre-season game (Escobar?) against the Bengals jumps immediately to mind. Escobar got decked but Mahomes put so damn much velocity/spin on the throw that it torqued like a slider.

Anyone that's ever played some 1b recognized that tail. You see it a lot on plays to a SS's right where they have to go into the hole, get the ball and overthrow the shit out of it to get it across the diamond. It always has serious armside run.

I saw that and immediately recognized that this was a different breed of cat. Footballs don't do that.

EDIT: Found it

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mahomes making the unblocked defender miss on a naked boot and threading the needle. <a href="https://t.co/26xbo3qpGH">pic.twitter.com/26xbo3qpGH</a></p>&mdash; Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) <a href="https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/899071506780536832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 20, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Has all that momentum coming downhill and does a full wind/release. The side angle (you can find it in an arrowhead pride article) shows how far back he brings his arm - nothing quick about that one, he does a full arm swing to put as much on the throw as he can.

For all the amazing displays of arm strength we see from the kid, it's actually pretty rare that he reaches back and tries to really throw the shit out of it. And man does it stand out when he does.

O.city
05-13-2020, 11:50 AM
Yeah, he rarely seems to have to just let it rip. I went back and watched some Marino films recently as i was bored.

Holy hell. People even to this day undersell that guy. He may be the best pure thrower of the football i've ever seen. And he had a howitzer.

DJ's left nut
05-13-2020, 12:04 PM
Yeah, he rarely seems to have to just let it rip. I went back and watched some Marino films recently as i was bored.

Holy hell. People even to this day undersell that guy. He may be the best pure thrower of the football i've ever seen. And he had a howitzer.

Strictly for ball placement Warner still tops my list. And it was just so weird to watch some of those balls that were just ugly wobblers that found their mark, but man did they ever.

And for shock and awe it's still Favre. I still remember some random throw he made like 20 years ago where he threw the damn thing about 45 yards in the air and it had essentially zero arc. I swear the thing left his hand 9 feet above the ground and never got more than 11 feet off the ground until it was caught.

But yeah, Mahomes is gonna pass all those dudes and when you watch some of the 19/20 compilations you just get the full dose of everything that guy can do. And what was so amazing on the "Mahomes Monday" on NFL network a few weeks ago was you realized that he was a LOT better in 2020 than he was in 2019 - stats be damned. Watching them back to back to back to back you could see him progress game over game. The 2020 version was just surreally calm and knew how to use every tool he had. The 2019 version really did play like Favre in a lot of ways - hair on fire the whole time but in spectacular ways.

The 2020 model was Favre if you gave him a Brady brain transplant. Over the next 10 years or so, the Chiefs are going to have a legit shot at a perfect season because Mahomes is going to be impossible.

O.city
05-13-2020, 12:34 PM
Strictly for ball placement Warner still tops my list. And it was just so weird to watch some of those balls that were just ugly wobblers that found their mark, but man did they ever.

And for shock and awe it's still Favre. I still remember some random throw he made like 20 years ago where he threw the damn thing about 45 yards in the air and it had essentially zero arc. I swear the thing left his hand 9 feet above the ground and never got more than 11 feet off the ground until it was caught.

But yeah, Mahomes is gonna pass all those dudes and when you watch some of the 19/20 compilations you just get the full dose of everything that guy can do. And what was so amazing on the "Mahomes Monday" on NFL network a few weeks ago was you realized that he was a LOT better in 2020 than he was in 2019 - stats be damned. Watching them back to back to back to back you could see him progress game over game. The 2020 version was just surreally calm and knew how to use every tool he had. The 2019 version really did play like Favre in a lot of ways - hair on fire the whole time but in spectacular ways.

The 2020 model was Favre if you gave him a Brady brain transplant. Over the next 10 years or so, the Chiefs are going to have a legit shot at a perfect season because Mahomes is going to be impossible.

Favre had a monster arm. But jesus, those times Marino put his foot in the ground and unleashed it was just so pure and easy. Favre you could tell had to put some umph behind it. Marino was just pure effortless.

A perfect season is just so god damn hard man. I dunno.

Hydrae
05-13-2020, 01:07 PM
That was beautiful..

I WANT MOAR!!!