PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The league believes we are the new Patriots

RunKC
05-13-2020, 03:24 PM
This is nice. And probably true

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="pt" dir="ltr">New era.<br><br>(via B/R’s <a href="https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mikefreemanNFL</a>) <a href="https://t.co/tCXBmd9C7l">pic.twitter.com/tCXBmd9C7l</a></p>&mdash; B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) <a href="https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1260679168733466624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RustShack
05-13-2020, 03:25 PM
Well duh

staylor26
05-13-2020, 03:26 PM
If that don’t give you a boner I don’t know what will. I guess you’d have the football equivalent of the gay.

carcosa
05-13-2020, 03:30 PM
With the added bonus of having a coach and a quarterback who are actual human beings!!!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
05-13-2020, 03:33 PM
How much longer does Reid coach and who would be a good successor?

Bowser
05-13-2020, 03:35 PM

Three, maybe four more seasons? Depending on how many trophies we bring home? Maybe?

And I can't imagine Eric Bieniemy doesn't get the job if he hasn't already moved on by then.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
05-13-2020, 03:37 PM
Three, maybe four more seasons? Depending on how many trophies we bring home? Maybe?

And I can't imagine Eric Bieniemy doesn't get the job if he hasn't already moved on by then.

I feel like Kafka is the chosen one

DJ's left nut
05-13-2020, 03:38 PM
So I try to be reasonable here.

I say things like "man, it's really hard for teams to win multiple championships over a 10 year span...."

Then I look at - every. single. decade. ever.

Every decade has a dominant team that won 3+ titles.

60s - Packers
70s - Steelers
80s - 49ers
90s -Cowboys
00s - Patriots
10s - Patriots

Now the obvious distinction is just the insane duration of the Patriots run, but the fact that they were the dominant team over 2 decades doesn't change the fact that every decade has a dominant team.

Now nobody's saying the Chiefs will do what the Patriots did for the next 20 years. But for the next 10? Who else would you pick? Who's better situated than KC to be the dominant team of the 20s?

Like I said - I try to talk myself out of shit like this because it just seems optimistic beyond reason. But this is a cohesive organization that was demonstrating success BEFORE it acquired the best player in the entire sport. Why the hell shouldn't it be us?

DJ's left nut
05-13-2020, 03:39 PM

If we keep winning I think Reid is content dying at his desk.

This is what he would do if he had nothing he HAD to do. His vacations would be coaching football.

What's he going to retire to when this is what he truly loves?

RealSNR
05-13-2020, 03:51 PM
Is there... some kind of article/video accompanying this? Any context to what he means by "the league"? Did the guy talk to a bunch of GMs? All of them? Coaches? Owners? Players?

Like that's nice and all, and I'm not pooh-poohing it. I just would kind of like to know how big of a boner I should be expecting. Like, should I tell the wife and kids to get out of the house because it's not safe for them? Or can I just whack this one off in the bathroom?

Spott
05-13-2020, 03:55 PM
Hopefully we are, minus all the shady ass stuff the Patsies have done over the last two decades.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-13-2020, 03:59 PM
And we'll do it without cheating

Ubeja Vontell
05-13-2020, 04:01 PM
I like to keep things real, so....

I have no problems seeing another 3ish SB wins down the road giving us 5ish. Hard to imagine 5 more in the future, that is fanboy stuff.

Beef Supreme
05-13-2020, 04:03 PM
Just try not to turn into their fanbase.

Chief Pagan
05-13-2020, 04:08 PM
With the added bonus of having a coach and a quarterback who are actual human beings!!!

If it results in 6+ SB titles, bring on the droids.

Chief Pagan
05-13-2020, 04:09 PM

Good luck with that.

jallmon
05-13-2020, 04:09 PM
I'm just hoping we have NFL games this year. If so, I feel very confident that the Chiefs will be in excellent position to do well.

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2020, 04:20 PM

Those fuckers are going straight to Arrowhead Pride, because they'll be hazed as fuck here and run out

chiefzilla1501
05-13-2020, 04:21 PM
We are not the new patriots. We are the leagues golden state warriors. We are fun to watch, likeable, don't cheat, and we don't treat the media like garbage. Amazing how the league thinks the Pats are so good for football because they're in a big money market. They're boring as hell. Nobody wants to watch a team of Tim Duncans for 2 decades.

CarlosCarson27
05-13-2020, 04:22 PM
no, the league doesnt believe it.

chiefzilla1501
05-13-2020, 04:28 PM

They still get caught up in the media market. I thought the super bowl coverage was really tilted to San Fran. Why? That team has almost zero marketability other than the market size. Same dumb shit that makes them salivate over LA teams every year, even though nobody actually cares.

CasselGotPeedOn
05-13-2020, 04:40 PM

https://i.ibb.co/TgtNy0T/IMG-20200126-141621.jpg

ThyKingdomCome15
05-13-2020, 04:43 PM
In terms of hate or success? Surely not hate. I mean c'mon, we win clean.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-13-2020, 04:47 PM
We are not the new patriots. We are the leagues golden state warriors. We are fun to watch, likeable, don't cheat, and we don't treat the media like garbage. Amazing how the league thinks the Pats are so good for football because they're in a big money market. They're boring as hell. Nobody wants to watch a team of Tim Duncans for 2 decades.

Couldn't agree more. Calling us the Patriots is an insult.

Graystoke
05-13-2020, 04:47 PM
That would make me happy.
Bonus: It would also make Pat Fans very very Salty
Xtra Bonus: Makes the Broncos/Raiders/Chargers all losers

chiefzilla1501
05-13-2020, 04:48 PM
In terms of hate or success? Surely not hate. I mean c'mon, we win clean.

With success comes hate. I'm fine with that. But because our team is so marketable we'll bring a lot more fans in too. Like I said, GS Warriors. Even though I hate them I know how exciting they are to watch.

rabblerouser
05-13-2020, 04:48 PM

AND DON'T HAVE TO CHEAT TO WIN.

Kyle DeLexus
05-13-2020, 04:52 PM

It'll be hard to keep him from getting poached at some point. Teams already tried to hire him as OC this offseason and we blocked it with a promotion. He will need the OC position sooner or later to become HC and with our history of OCs getting HC gigs, he could be coaching another team sooner rather than later.

Coochie liquor
05-13-2020, 05:08 PM
So I try to be reasonable here.

I say things like "man, it's really hard for teams to win multiple championships over a 10 year span...."

Then I look at - every. single. decade. ever.

Every decade has a dominant team that won 3+ titles.

60s - Packers
70s - Steelers
80s - 49ers
90s -Cowboys
00s - Patriots
10s - Patriots

Now the obvious distinction is just the insane duration of the Patriots run, but the fact that they were the dominant team over 2 decades doesn't change the fact that every decade has a dominant team.

Now nobody's saying the Chiefs will do what the Patriots did for the next 20 years. But for the next 10? Who else would you pick? Who's better situated than KC to be the dominant team of the 20s?

Like I said - I try to talk myself out of shit like this because it just seems optimistic beyond reason. But this is a cohesive organization that was demonstrating success BEFORE it acquired the best player in the entire sport. Why the hell shouldn't it be us?

Not that I don’t have faith that we are the next dynasty, it could easily be the 9ers as well. They have a great GM, draft really well, and the only thing holding them back is Craplolol. Defense is very strong, offensive weapons everywhere. Not totally sold on Rat jr but they have the makings of a juggernaut as well.

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2020, 05:18 PM
It'll be hard to keep him from getting poached at some point. Teams already tried to hire him as OC this offseason and we blocked it with a promotion. He will need the OC position sooner or later to become HC and with our history of OCs getting HC gigs, he could be coaching another team sooner rather than later.

Reid's successor will be someone in house, and if it isn't Kafka then it'll be Daly

PattyFlakes
05-13-2020, 05:19 PM
Not that I don’t have faith that we are the next dynasty, it could easily be the 9ers as well. They have a great GM, draft really well, and the only thing holding them back is Craplolol. Defense is very strong, offensive weapons everywhere. Not totally sold on Rat jr but they have the makings of a juggernaut as well.

Thank goodness they decided to roll with Jimmy G at Q. That's the one major flaw that IMO would prevent them from reaching Dynasty status.

staylor26
05-13-2020, 05:24 PM

Yea except for the fact that they don’t have a franchise QB.

By the time that happens (if), that defense likely won’t be as good.

PattyFlakes
05-13-2020, 05:28 PM
Yea except for the fact that they don’t have a franchise QB.

By the time that happens (if), that defense likely won’t be as good.

I'm very happy that they decided to pass on Mahomes and Watson so they could build their team around somebody else's leftovers at QB. That is such a pre Mahomes Chiefs thing to do.

EPodolak
05-13-2020, 05:39 PM
I took it as an insult. Let someone else be the Patriots while we win Championships with dignity.

Bugeater
05-13-2020, 05:47 PM
Just try not to turn into their fanbase.This was my immediate thought as well.

smithandrew051
05-13-2020, 05:54 PM
The Patriots’ success was fueled by illegal taping, deflated footballs, PEDs, and salary cap manipulation.

Our success will be fueled by Double Cheeseburgers, Ketchup on Steaks, and some dude named Burt Vatch.

smithandrew051
05-13-2020, 05:56 PM

They’re a bunch of Mass-holes. They’re arrogant, entitled pieces of shit at heart. It’s just who they are.

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2020, 05:58 PM
They’re a bunch of Mass-holes. They’re arrogant, entitled pieces of shit at heart. It’s just who they are.

Those bandwagoning sons of bitches will attempt to disguise themselves as Chiefs fans in the near future though.

smithandrew051
05-13-2020, 06:01 PM
Those bandwagoning sons of bitches will attempt to disguise themselves as Chiefs fans in the near future though.

Absolutely. Give it another Super Bowl and Asterix will have his mult account ready.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-13-2020, 06:13 PM

Hmm, that's interesting.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-13-2020, 06:15 PM
A bloating tick on the backside of the NFL's nuts
No

chiefzilla1501
05-13-2020, 06:19 PM

I would be shocked if bieniemy is here next year. And I'm guessing the NFL will do everything in their power to make sure he's coaching somewhere. I like bieniemy and am glad he's still around but I'm a lot more excited to see what Kafka can do.

smithandrew051
05-13-2020, 06:24 PM
I would be shocked if bieniemy is here next year. And I'm guessing the NFL will do everything in their power to make sure he's coaching somewhere. I like bieniemy and am glad he's still around but I'm a lot more excited to see what Kafka can do.

Kafka has been a part of the Chiefs for Mahomes’s entire career. He’s been vital to Mahomes’s development.

I think Kafka is our HC in waiting. He knows how special this QB is. He can be Reid’s OC starting in 2021 then take the reigns when Reid retires.

This would be the best possible situation for him, since QB is settled for the next 15 years.

RunKC
05-13-2020, 06:26 PM
The biggest piece here will be Andy’s replacement. I know Kafka is next in line but I think Andy is here at least 4 more years at minimum and Kafka ain’t gonna stay here that long. I think with the way the league is going you’re going to see Eric Bieniemy, Mike Kafka and Joe Brady getting HC jobs in the next 2 years.

The problem here is Andy is not just an elite offensive mind. He’s a genuinely great coach who gets his players to buy in.

That will not be easy to replicate by any means, but I do have a ton of faith in the Andy Reid tree.

staylor26
05-13-2020, 06:29 PM
The biggest piece here will be Andy’s replacement. I know Kafka is next in line but I think Andy is here at least 4 more years at minimum and Kafka ain’t gonna stay here that long. I think with the way the league is going you’re going to see Eric Bieniemy, Mike Kafka and Joe Brady getting HC jobs in the next 2 years.

The problem here is Andy is not just an elite offensive mind. He’s a genuinely great coach who gets his players to buy in.

That will not be easy to replicate by any means, but I do have a ton of faith in the Andy Reid tree.

If there’s not a Kafka waiting in the wings by then, we’ll have our choice of whatever offensive mind we want.

staylor26
05-13-2020, 06:32 PM
The thing is we already have a great HC/QB combo, but when you include Veach and Spags, it makes me even more confident that we will be the team of the decade.

smithandrew051
05-13-2020, 06:33 PM
The thing is we already have a great HC/QB combo, but when you include Veach and Spags, it makes me even more confident that we will be the team of the decade.

Agreed

chiefzilla1501
05-13-2020, 06:44 PM

I hope Spags can have long-term success. I think he can as long as he has a good HC over his shoulder. If he does, the crazy thing is, we might have a Wade Phillips situation where we have a coordinator who has no interest in getting promoted.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-13-2020, 07:11 PM
I hope Spags can have long-term success. I think he can as long as he has a good HC over his shoulder. If he does, the crazy thing is, we might have a Wade Phillips situation where we have a coordinator who has no interest in getting promoted.

He said he was interested in a HC job a while back.

Buns
05-13-2020, 07:18 PM
I really hope Spags is not interested in HC gigs anymore but isn't it weird that we have a couple potential DC candidates on staff in Daly and House? Good coaches are going to get poached in the future.

Or maybe they all stay put because why the hell would you want to gameplan for 15 and the Mahomies?

Mahomes_Is_God
05-13-2020, 07:19 PM

They're just the worst. A lot of them have already turned their back on Brady and act like they don't care about him, after he gave them 20 years of happiness. Ungreatful pieces of shit.

Kman34
05-13-2020, 07:24 PM
Yeah except we will be loved instead of hated because...Mahomes..

CarlosCarson27
05-13-2020, 07:53 PM
Chiefs v Ravens , last qtr.. on nfl network right now!
12:38 left

CarlosCarson27
05-13-2020, 07:55 PM
They'll replay kc , Baltimore at 9 pm pst

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2020, 07:57 PM
Yeah except we will be loved instead of hated because...Mahomes..

And Andy, he's not a cocksucking duplicitous asshole like Belichick

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
05-13-2020, 08:18 PM
You won’t find one player in the league who will say anything bad about Reid.

Chieftain
05-13-2020, 11:12 PM
I would be extremely dissapointed if we don't win at least 4 more Super Bowls in the next 15 years.

dlphg9
05-14-2020, 12:40 AM
You won’t find one player in the league who will say anything bad about Reid.

Don't a few ex Philly retards talk shit about him? Like Trotter I believe was one.

Yep here's the retard running his mouth

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1808309

"
First the idiot says this

Here's what Trotter, who played seven seasons under Reid in Philadelphia, had to say during a roundtable on 97.5 FM The Fanatic radio station, via philly.com: "If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games. Time outs, running the football, you know."

Later he said this

He added that Reid's in-game coaching decisions also indirectly affected games -- as in how it messed with the psyche of the defense and defensive coaches. "As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much," Trotter said. "You know, there's times we're sitting over there like, 'Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.' And I'm sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also."

And finally he said this

"On a scale of one to 10, 10 being great," Trotter said, "I give (Reid) a seven-and-a-half or eight as a coach."

Hmmmm, Jeremiah seems to be really fucking retarded.

Mahomes_Is_God
05-14-2020, 12:42 AM
I would be extremely dissapointed if we don't win at least 4 more Super Bowls in the next 15 years.

Prepare to be extremely disappointed then. Patriots was the first ever dynasty to span two entire back to back decades. I'm not saying it's impossible, just very unlikely. You need a lot of luck and (in their case) cheating to make that happen. That being said I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't win at least one more with Mahomes and Reid.

TwistedChief
05-14-2020, 03:01 AM
The league should be terrified of the Chiefs too, bitch.

CarlosCarson27
05-14-2020, 03:13 AM
The league should be terrified of the Chiefs too, bitch.

lol, the league decides the fate of every team and player.

all bow before the shield for fame and money

Karlos
05-14-2020, 03:28 AM

This is how I've imagined the succession going too

Coochie liquor
05-14-2020, 05:34 AM
They're just the worst. A lot of them have already turned their back on Brady and act like they don't care about him, after he gave them 20 years of happiness. Ungreatful pieces of shit.

Half of them are now Bucs fans.

cmh6476
05-14-2020, 08:58 AM

The pick of the litter. Whoever mahomes wants. Who the hell wouldn't want to cone here to be HC?

Brody Wa
05-15-2020, 03:05 PM
Dick LeBeau coached until he was 77... although it was primarily as a Defensive Coordinator. I can see him coaching another decade if he takes care of his health.

Matrix
05-15-2020, 04:05 PM
The least expected teams become dynasties. I'm not saying the Chiefs won't be, because as of right now they're better positioned to be, BUT you know the saying about the best laid plans. Seriously, to those of a certain age, who had the Patriots becoming one at the turn of the century ? A 14 point underdog with a second year QB and a HC who was in danger of losing his job before the season began going up against a juggernaut looking to win its second SB in three years and become the team of the decade. The Patriots were a laughingstock up until that point lol. They were also in danger of relocating to St. Louis in the early 90's. THEM ?!?!?!?

That's what I'm talking about. Youneverknow.

Chiefer8989
05-15-2020, 09:09 PM
Minus the cheating, sure. Mahomes is already better than Brady ever was though. Arm. Running. Pocket awareness. Likeable. I could go on.

PurpleRiders51
05-15-2020, 10:34 PM

Ravens fans already think we have. Many on Ravens Twitter have us as the most toxic fanbase next too the browns, and ahead of the pats ROFL

Tribal Warfare
05-15-2020, 11:55 PM
Ravens fans already think we have. Many on Ravens Twitter have us as the most toxic fanbase next too the browns, and ahead of the pats ROFL

Because Mahomes

PurpleRiders51
05-16-2020, 12:31 AM
Because Mahomes

Also think any Chiefs fan is jealous of "Lamar being better." You can't make this stuff up LMAO

RetiredSeniorChief
05-16-2020, 12:41 AM
If we keep winning I think Reid is content dying at his desk.

This is what he would do if he had nothing he HAD to do. His vacations would be coaching football.

What's he going to retire to when this is what he truly loves?

He will eat and maybe do some cooking. But mostly eat.

Mahomes_Is_God
05-16-2020, 03:35 AM

That's because they lose when it counts. Also they're the hollow shell of a once proud Browns team. The shame...

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-16-2020, 05:55 AM
Whoa, sportsfan toxic shock

Naptown Chief
05-16-2020, 06:33 AM
lol, the league decides the fate of every team and player.

all bow before the shield for fame and money

dafuq?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-16-2020, 07:37 AM
I hope Carlos flushes. Feeling owned by the sewers would suck

KChiefs1
05-16-2020, 10:57 AM
Wait until they have to pay Mahomes.

Redbled
05-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Don't a few ex Philly retards talk shit about him? Like Trotter I believe was one.

Yep here's the retard running his mouth

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1808309

"
First the idiot says this

Here's what Trotter, who played seven seasons under Reid in Philadelphia, had to say during a roundtable on 97.5 FM The Fanatic radio station, via philly.com: "If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games. Time outs, running the football, you know."

Later he said this

He added that Reid's in-game coaching decisions also indirectly affected games -- as in how it messed with the psyche of the defense and defensive coaches. "As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much," Trotter said. "You know, there's times we're sitting over there like, 'Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.' And I'm sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also."

And finally he said this

"On a scale of one to 10, 10 being great," Trotter said, "I give (Reid) a seven-and-a-half or eight as a coach."

Hmmmm, Jeremiah seems to be really ****ing retarded.

This is just Trotter trying to act like he was greater than he is. Blaming a coach makes him look better in his weak mind.

Bill Brasky
05-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Wait until they have to pay Mahomes.

This is the only real answer. We will have to see if we can draft well enough to maintain a winning roster after we pay mahomes.

Valiant
05-19-2020, 10:17 AM
I hope so, but let us win another this year before we talk about dynasty. Stay humble.