PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Raw milk...

limested
05-15-2020, 10:02 PM
Anyone else drink it? So much better than store bought.

Buehler445
05-15-2020, 10:10 PM
Like unpasteurized?

I thought they outlawed that?

srvy
05-15-2020, 10:15 PM
You getting that right from the cow's teet?

limested
05-15-2020, 10:17 PM
Like unpasteurized?

I thought they outlawed that?

Can’t be sold in store but you can buy directly from farm. At least in Missouri you can.

Tastes so much better and is healthier.

Strongside
05-15-2020, 10:17 PM
Sucking on cows titty is ill-advised, man.

Chieftain
05-15-2020, 10:23 PM
I would strongly recommend not drinking raw milk. Because it's not pasteurized, it means all the bacteria from the cow's stomach will enter your stomach. You may end up with H-Pylori or some other bacterial infection before you know it.

Ubeja Vontell
05-15-2020, 10:27 PM
Let's see....

Raw milk is milk from any animal that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. Raw milk can carry harmful bacteria and other germs that can make you very sick or kill you. While it is possible to get foodborne illnesses from many different foods, raw milk is one of the riskiest of all.

Think I'll pass

limested
05-15-2020, 10:28 PM
I would strongly recommend not drinking raw milk. Because it's not pasteurized, it means all the bacteria from the cow's stomach will enter your stomach. You may end up with H-Pylori or some other bacterial infection before you know it.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. If obtained from a credible source it is perfectly safe.

SPchief
05-15-2020, 10:28 PM
Might as well just eat a live bat

GayFrogs
05-15-2020, 10:30 PM
Should we start a thread about the benefits of fucking your sister? Would be about as redneck.

Ubeja Vontell
05-15-2020, 10:34 PM
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. If obtained from a credible source it is perfectly safe.

Give up guy, ok?

Milk and milk products provide a wealth of nutrition benefits. But raw milk, i.e., unpasteurized milk, can harbor dangerous microorganisms that can pose serious health risks to you and your family.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), from 1993 through 2012, there were 127 outbreaks linked to raw milk or raw milk products like ice cream, soft cheese, or yogurt. They resulted in 1,909 illnesses and 144 hospitalizations. CDC points out that most foodborne illnesses are not a part of recognized outbreaks, and for every illness reported, many others occur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deadly Disease Caused by Raw Milk Has Already Put 19 US States on High Alert
CARLY CASSELLA15 FEBRUARY 2019
Officials in the United States have warned over and over again that raw, unpasteurised milk can carry dangerous and potentially deadly bacteria.

Today, however, it seems like that information is falling on deaf ears. Disease outbreaks caused by raw milk are on the rise, and a new warning from the Centres for Disease Control and Infection (CDC) has now set 19 states on high alert.

And it goes on and on and on.....

Chieftain
05-15-2020, 10:35 PM

What is a credible source? Do farmers analyze the cow's stomach bacteria before they take the milk out? They would need a medically certified lab to do that.

Mahomes_Is_God
05-15-2020, 10:39 PM
OP is a sex pervert!

limested
05-15-2020, 10:42 PM
What is a credible source? Do farmers analyze the cow's stomach bacteria before they take the milk out? They would need a medically certified lab to do that.

They actually do have to have regular testing ran to make sure the cows are ‘clean’.

Chieftain
05-15-2020, 10:42 PM
Give up guy, ok?

Milk and milk products provide a wealth of nutrition benefits. But raw milk, i.e., unpasteurized milk, can harbor dangerous microorganisms that can pose serious health risks to you and your family.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), from 1993 through 2012, there were 127 outbreaks linked to raw milk or raw milk products like ice cream, soft cheese, or yogurt. They resulted in 1,909 illnesses and 144 hospitalizations. CDC points out that most foodborne illnesses are not a part of recognized outbreaks, and for every illness reported, many others occur.

I agree. Dairy products (low in fat) are excellent for your health. Especially yogurt. There are many diet experts and even doctors that tell you dairy is bad for you and that it causes inflamation. Complete bullshit. Milk products have some of the highest content of Calcium, Protein and Vitamin D. They are essential to long life and healthy bones.

Fish
05-15-2020, 10:43 PM

No, it's never perfectly safe. Not even if you personally care for the cow it came from. Pasteurization is a very important procedure, and there's a shitload of historical data to back that up. You can definitely do so and probably not get sick. But calling it perfectly safe is not at all true.

Chieftain
05-15-2020, 10:44 PM
They actually do have to have regular testing ran to make sure the cows are ‘clean’.

But they don't analyze the milk's bacteria content. The cow might be healthy but its stomach bacteria is not compatible with that of a human.

Frazod
05-15-2020, 10:46 PM
Give up guy, ok?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deadly Disease Caused by Raw Milk Has Already Put 19 US States on High Alert
CARLY CASSELLA15 FEBRUARY 2019
Officials in the United States have warned over and over again that raw, unpasteurised milk can carry dangerous and potentially deadly bacteria.

Today, however, it seems like that information is falling on deaf ears. Disease outbreaks caused by raw milk are on the rise, and a new warning from the Centres for Disease Control and Infection (CDC) has now set 19 states on high alert.

And it goes on and on and on.....

144 hospitalizations over 19 FUCKING YEARS?

OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet your fucking face mask has a face mask, doesn't it? :shake:

frozenchief
05-15-2020, 10:53 PM
I’ve had some and I agree it tastes better than pasteurized milk.

BUT: 1) it is a pain to get;
2) regulations vary from state to state about its legality, which ties in to #1, so it might be much harder to get in one state than another;
3) it does carry risks and you should be aware of those risks. Milk fever is not fun.

On a side note, every year I make egg nog the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It involves milk, cream, eggs, spices and booze. One year, I made my egg nog with raw milk, thinking that: 1) the taste would be better, and 2) the alcohol would kill any germs. It tasted like I made egg nog with Parmesan cheese. It had a really interesting aged cheese/nutty flavor that in another context would have been a good match for some wine. But you really don’t want that in your egg nog. So, that year, no egg nog.

TL;DR version is: whatever your take is on raw milk, don’t use it to make egg nog around the holidays.

Ubeja Vontell
05-15-2020, 10:56 PM
144 hospitalizations over 19 ****ING YEARS?

I'll bet your ****ing face mask has a face mask, doesn't it? :shake:

How damn dumb are you slick?

The risks of raw milk
Raw Milk Infographic Cover

Download Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1 page]

What are the risks associated with drinking raw milk?
Raw milk is milk from any animal that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. Raw milk can carry harmful bacteria and other germs that can make you very sick or kill you. While it is possible to get foodborne illnesses from many different foods, raw milk is one of the riskiest of all.

Some people who chose raw milk thinking they would improve their health instead found themselves (or their loved ones) sick in a hospital for several weeks due to infections caused by germs in raw milk. Getting sick from raw milk can mean many days of diarrhea, stomach cramping, and vomiting. Some people who drank raw milk have developed severe or even life-threatening diseases, including Guillain-Barré syndrome, which can cause paralysis, and hemolytic uremic syndrome, which can result in kidney failure, stroke, and even death.

You would really risk that over......................................................milk?

Frazod
05-15-2020, 11:03 PM
How damn dumb are you slick?

The risks of raw milk
Raw Milk Infographic Cover

Download Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1 page]

What are the risks associated with drinking raw milk?

Some people who chose raw milk thinking they would improve their health instead found themselves (or their loved ones) sick in a hospital for several weeks due to infections caused by germs in raw milk. Getting sick from raw milk can mean many days of diarrhea, stomach cramping, and vomiting. Some people who drank raw milk have developed severe or even life-threatening diseases, including Guillain-Barré syndrome, which can cause paralysis, and hemolytic uremic syndrome, which can result in kidney failure, stroke, and even death.

You would really risk that over......................................................milk?

I grew on a farm, you pussy. I've had milk straight out of a cow plenty of times.

Would I seek it out now? No. Always preferred what grandma referred to as "town" milk.

But I am scared of it? No. Nor lots other things that sent people in a country of 300,000,000 people to the hospital 144 times over the course of 19 years.

Grow a pair.

Ubeja Vontell
05-15-2020, 11:07 PM
I grew on a farm, you pussy. I've had milk straight out of a cow plenty of times.

Would I seek it out now? No. Always preferred what grandma referred to as "town" milk.

But I am scared of it? No. Nor lots other things that sent people in a country of 300,000,000 people to the hospital 144 times over the course of 19 years.

Grow a pair.

Educate yourself son, ok?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nBvzChkUi94" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

limested
05-15-2020, 11:08 PM
Raw milk has been consumed for centuries. As long as it comes from a ‘clean’ farm it is perfectly safe. I get it from a local farm that specializes in raw dairy, they make their own kiefer, butter etc as well organically raised pork and chickens.

I agree that it would not be safe from a commercial farm that has their cows wallowing in their own shit and stuffed in pens eating questionable foods.

limested
05-15-2020, 11:09 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nBvzChkUi94" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You should believe everything on the internet especially YouTube.

LoneWolf
05-15-2020, 11:13 PM
One of my grandfathers was a dairy farmer. Drank plenty of raw milk as a kid. Nobody in our family ever got sick. That being said, I haven’t had raw milk in over 20 years and the risk, no matter how slight, doesn’t seem to be worth it now. It does taste better though.

Chief Pagan
05-15-2020, 11:17 PM
You getting that right from the cow's teet?

Ur mom.

Ubeja Vontell
05-15-2020, 11:18 PM
You should believe everything on the internet especially YouTube.

I posted three/four articles up there then that video, all saying the same thing.........don't risk it.

You need another dozen different sources all saying......don't risk it?

Have another....

Food Safety and Raw Milk

Raw milk is milk from cows, goats, sheep or other animals that has not been pasteurized. Pasteurization is the process of heating milk to a high enough temperature for a long enough time to kill illness-causing bacteria contained in milk.

What are the risks of drinking raw milk?

Raw milk can carry harmful bacteria and other germs that can make you very sick. While it is possible to get foodborne illnesses from many different foods, raw milk is one of the riskiest of all. Getting sick from raw milk can cause diarrhea, stomach cramping and vomiting. Less commonly, it can lead to kidney failure, paralysis, chronic disorders and even death.

Raw milk and raw milk products (such as cheeses and yogurts made with raw milk) can be contaminated with bacteria such as Brucella, Campylobacter, Listeria, Mycobacterium bovis, Salmonella, Shiga toxin-producing E. coli, Shigella, Streptococcus pyogenes and Yersinia enterocolitica.

Who's at risk of getting sick from drinking raw milk?

Any person of any age can get sick or even die if they drink raw milk that is contaminated with harmful germs. The risk of getting sick from drinking raw milk is greater for infants and young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with weakened immune systems, such as people with cancer, an organ transplant, or HIV/AIDS.

When I see TONS of stuff telling me how dangerous drinking raw milk can be I'm not..........just fuck it here ya go son have some raw milk.

LoneWolf
05-15-2020, 11:25 PM
Ubeja, get over in your Bob Dole thread and answer the questions I asked you, you dumb bitch.

Ubeja Vontell
05-15-2020, 11:41 PM
Ubeja, get over in your Bob Dole thread and answer the questions I asked you, you dumb bitch.

Have some raw milk ya stupid freak.

R Clark
05-16-2020, 12:17 AM
Look out it’s deadly lol I’ve been drinking it off and on for nearly 60 years . We eat/ drink shit that’s processed that I’d worry about before raw milk is a concern

Ubeja Vontell
05-16-2020, 12:32 AM
Look out it’s deadly lol I’ve been drinking it off and on for nearly 60 years . We eat/ drink shit that’s processed that I’d worry about before raw milk is a concern

Stold this...

Two years ago, when Oregon parents Jill Brown and Jason Young met Brad and Tricia Salyers, the families had no idea that they would eventually be sharing in a tragedy that sickened four of the Salyers’ children and left Brown and Young’s youngest child, Kylee – 23 months old at the time – with such severe medical complications that she would need a kidney transplant from her mother. All of that and more happened beginning in April 2012 when the children were among 19 people – 15 of them under the age of 19 — who fell ill with E. coli O157:H7, a potentially fatal foodborne pathogen. Soon after, Oregon health officials determined that the outbreak was caused by raw milk from Foundation Farm near Wilsonville in Western Oregon — the Salyers’ family farm. Four of the sickened children were hospitalized with kidney failure. Foundation Farm had been providing 48 families with raw milk. Raw milk is milk that hasn’t been pasteurized to kill harmful and sometimes deadly foodborne pathogens such as E. coli, Listeria, Salmonella and Campylobacter.

Milk simply isn't worth that risk.

KCrockaholic
05-16-2020, 01:57 AM
The "healthier" thing is hilarious. But funny. Go for it tin foil hat.

Demonpenz
05-16-2020, 05:11 AM
Guess you never grew up near a farm? We had a saying in Beloit kansas Pasteurize or you dies

Otter
05-16-2020, 05:58 AM
I drink a glass or two every month. Still here! But I usually use pasteurized just because it's whats around the house.

Another drink to try for its health benefits: Kombucha (https://www.webmd.com/diet/the-truth-about-kombucha)

Naptown Chief
05-16-2020, 06:32 AM
I like boobs

ptlyon
05-16-2020, 07:54 AM
"Is it pasteurized?"

"No, it's only up to my tits."

burt
05-16-2020, 08:18 AM
Grow a pair.

Haven't you heard? He is 6'2 225 lbs ob twisted metal. Ask him, he'll tell you. Then he will post a pic of someone else and say..."Yeah, like this" He is a true keyboard warrior, and pussy in RL

allen_kcCard
05-16-2020, 08:53 AM
Grandpa had a dairy before he passed away, I grew up drinking raw cow milk when out at the farm. Only think I didn't like was needing to stir it up to mix in the cream that rose to the top as a kid thinking that was a little gross looking, but it no one that drank it ever got sick in the 3 generations that I knew to drink it.

LoneWolf
05-16-2020, 09:18 AM
Haven't you heard? He is 6'2 225 lbs ob twisted metal. Ask him, he'll tell you. Then he will post a pic of someone else and say..."Yeah, like this" He is a true keyboard warrior, and pussy in RL

Don’t you mean 275? Oh wait, it’s 269, but he tells people online 225 so they aren’t intimidated by his studliness.

Couch-Potato
05-16-2020, 09:34 AM
When everyone on the forum is starting to wager on whether or not you also eat roadkill and fuck your cousin it's time to realize you're wrong.

LoneWolf
05-16-2020, 09:38 AM
When everyone on the forum is starting to wager on whether or not you also eat roadkill and fuck your cousin it's time to realize you're wrong.

I’ve eaten venison that was from a roadkill. Does that count?

I’ve never fucked my cousin, that I know of, but I still have time. I’m only 47.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-16-2020, 10:15 AM
Growing up playing in the dirt vs on asphalt matter

Buehler445
05-16-2020, 04:01 PM
144 hospitalizations over 19 FUCKING YEARS?

I'll bet your fucking face mask has a face mask, doesn't it? :shake:

I don't know anything about milk processing or associated bacterium species, but I do know that raw milk is just now becoming a "thing". It's not unreasonable to assume that if consumption goes up the numbers will rise proportionately. And it would be interesting to know what the numbers would be extrapolated over the whole of the US.

Naptown Chief
05-16-2020, 04:15 PM
I don't know anything about milk processing or associated bacterium species, but I do know that raw milk is just now becoming a "thing". It's not unreasonable to assume that if consumption goes up the numbers will rise proportionately. And it would be interesting to know what the numbers would be extrapolated over the whole of the US.

Every death, even automobile accidents, shall be attributed to raw milk..

Darien25
05-16-2020, 04:52 PM
Grandpa had a dairy before he passed away, I grew up drinking raw cow milk when out at the farm. Only think I didn't like was needing to stir it up to mix in the cream that rose to the top as a kid thinking that was a little gross looking, but it no one that drank it ever got sick in the 3 generations that I knew to drink it.

My uncle was a dairy farmer for decades and he always had a big jug of raw milk at the table when we ate. Watery looking stuff with a lot of cream floating at the top. Always freaked me out and I did everything I could to avoid drinking it.

Buehler445
05-16-2020, 04:55 PM
This is the last post I'm going to make in this thread, because I don't need another one of those discussions. But here's my position.

Raw milk has been consumed for centuries. As long as it comes from a ‘clean’ farm it is perfectly safe. I get it from a local farm that specializes in raw dairy, they make their own kiefer, butter etc as well organically raised pork and chickens.[/QUOTE]

As previously stated, I don't know shit about milk processing or the associated bacterium species. Here's what I know: FDA Federally mandated that milk be pasturized for a reason. I'm not going to do the requisite research to do an adequate risk assessment.

I won't do this because here's what else I know: The United States has the safest, most abundant, most consistent food supply chain in the history of the species. There aren't some goddamned evil corporations or whatever hogshit documentary or dumbfuck PETA pamphlet tried to convince you there are. Simple truth is regulatory bodies typically have the best interest of the consumer. They're not perfect, but on the whole they're doing the right things.

Accordingly, I'm not willing to rock the boat of 100 years of medical science and think that what grandpa did is what I should be doing. My grandpa was rolling one way plows with Model D on wheat fallow wheat. Those practices were ecologically catastrophic, and led to the dust bowl. Forgive me if I don't view history through the same nostalgic lens.

So yeah, out on that.

I agree that it would not be safe from a commercial farm that has their cows wallowing in their own shit and stuffed in pens eating questionable foods.

Here's where I know for certain you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You've obviously never been to a modern commercial dairy. They are nothing like commercial feedlots for beef production. There's one here locally, and it's not even that big. But the only "pens" are for the calves, because you know that a cow has to have a calf to produce milk. Each cow gets it's own stall that it is washed of shit and bedding of daily. Anything else would expose the cow to the risk of plugged udders. Stalls are heated and have very good ventilation. They are treated very gently and are walked back to their stalls with out panels or any sort of driving. They are walked back by an employee.

As for the feed quality you are equally off base. They're total dicks about feed quality. I can personally attest to this as I've sold them inputs before. The nutritionists manage their diet far closer than you or I.

Here's what you don't get about dairy operations. A single dairy cow produces an extraordinary amount of milk. However, if stress is introduced - sickness, rough treatment, feed rations being out of balance, infection, heat/cold stress, virtually anything out of the ordinary and the production drops to 1/3 (IIRC - I'd have to talk to some legitimate dairy guys to verify that one). Which absolutely destroys the dairy's margins.

Which is what nobody that hates commercial agriculture understands. Stressed animals don't produce. If feeder cattle hated standing in a pen with their herd (they'll herd up on the range too), they wouldn't gain. If chickens hated being caged, they wouldn't gain or lay. If hogs hated being in confinement they wouldn't gain. If the cost of production gets fucked up that operation fails because production agriculture is competitive.

So the whole narrative of evil industrialists abusing livestock for gain falls flat when faced with the facts from the first day of any animal science class. Stressed animals won't produce.

One last note on the organic hogshit. If there were anything at all that any real science could point to harmful effects to humanity - real, peer reviewed, repeatable, statistically significant scientific findings - regulatory bodies would shut it down in an instant. Fact is that conventionally grown agricultural products are the most scrutinized products in the supply chain. Not to say there aren't individual fools operating in bad faith within the supply chain, but to sit here and say organic is better because of the poisons they put on - Buehler445 is out there spraying poisons 120' at a time. I'VE SEEN IT - is a joke. If it could be traced to anything remotely harmful it would be off the market in an instant.

/rant

Buehler out.

limested
05-16-2020, 05:02 PM
This is the last post I'm going to make in this thread, because I don't need another one of those discussions. But here's my position.

Raw milk has been consumed for centuries. As long as it comes from a ‘clean’ farm it is perfectly safe. I get it from a local farm that specializes in raw dairy, they make their own kiefer, butter etc as well organically raised pork and chickens.

As previously stated, I don't know shit about milk processing or the associated bacterium species. Here's what I know: FDA Federally mandated that milk be pasturized for a reason. I'm not going to do the requisite research to do an adequate risk assessment.

I won't do this because here's what else I know: The United States has the safest, most abundant, most consistent food supply chain in the history of the species. There aren't some goddamned evil corporations or whatever hogshit documentary or dumb**** PETA pamphlet tried to convince you there are. Simple truth is regulatory bodies typically have the best interest of the consumer. They're not perfect, but on the whole they're doing the right things.

Accordingly, I'm not willing to rock the boat of 100 years of medical science and think that what grandpa did is what I should be doing. My grandpa was rolling one way plows with Model D on wheat fallow wheat. Those practices were ecologically catastrophic, and led to the dust bowl. Forgive me if I don't view history through the same nostalgic lens.

So yeah, out on that.

Here's where I know for certain you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

You've obviously never been to a modern commercial dairy. They are nothing like commercial feedlots for beef production. There's one here locally, and it's not even that big. But the only "pens" are for the calves, because you know that a cow has to have a calf to produce milk. Each cow gets it's own stall that it is washed of shit and bedding of daily. Anything else would expose the cow to the risk of plugged udders. Stalls are heated and have very good ventilation. They are treated very gently and are walked back to their stalls with out panels or any sort of driving. They are walked back by an employee.

As for the feed quality you are equally off base. They're total dicks about feed quality. I can personally attest to this as I've sold them inputs before. The nutritionists manage their diet far closer than you or I.

Here's what you don't get about dairy operations. A single dairy cow produces an extraordinary amount of milk. However, if stress is introduced - sickness, rough treatment, feed rations being out of balance, infection, heat/cold stress, virtually anything out of the ordinary and the production drops to 1/3 (IIRC - I'd have to talk to some legitimate dairy guys to verify that one). Which absolutely destroys the dairy's margins.

Which is what nobody that hates commercial agriculture understands. Stressed animals don't produce. If feeder cattle hated standing in a pen with their herd (they'll herd up on the range too), they wouldn't gain. If chickens hated being caged, they wouldn't gain or lay. If hogs hated being in confinement they wouldn't gain. If the cost of production gets ****ed up that operation fails because production agriculture is competitive.

So the whole narrative of evil industrialists abusing livestock for gain falls flat when faced with the facts from the first day of any animal science class. Stressed animals won't produce.

One last note on the organic hogshit. If there were anything at all that any real science could point to harmful effects to humanity - real, peer reviewed, repeatable, statistically significant scientific findings - regulatory bodies would shut it down in an instant. Fact is that conventionally grown agricultural products are the most scrutinized products in the supply chain. Not to say there aren't individual fools operating in bad faith within the supply chain, but to sit here and say organic is better because of the poisons they put on - Buehler445 is out there spraying poisons 120' at a time. I'VE SEEN IT - is a joke. If it could be traced to anything remotely harmful it would be off the market in an instant.

/rant

Buehler out.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Frazod
05-16-2020, 06:18 PM
My uncle was a dairy farmer for decades and he always had a big jug of raw milk at the table when we ate. Watery looking stuff with a lot of cream floating at the top. Always freaked me out and I did everything I could to avoid drinking it.

Yeah, that's what I remember most. I never cared for it.

scho63
05-16-2020, 06:58 PM
Anyone else drink it? So much better than store bought.

You sure it's raw cow milk and not raw cow jizz? :doh!:

limested
05-16-2020, 07:00 PM
You sure it's raw cow milk and not raw cow jizz? :doh!:

Your wife refused to chug it so I am pretty sure it is milk and not bull jizz.

R Clark
05-16-2020, 07:41 PM
It takes time getting use to It ,but Once you do store bought is like drinking water. We never had dairy cows growing up but if a decent acting beef cow lost a calf my dad would bring her up to the barn and start milking her. I thought they sent a sample in to get tested but I may not be remembering correctly.my sons mil keeps a couple dairy cows around and milks them so we can get it when we feel like it.one thing about beef cows you don’t strain the cream off just shake it and go.

ghak99
05-16-2020, 08:15 PM

I agree. Dairy products (low in fat) are excellent for your health. Especially yogurt. There are many diet experts and even doctors that tell you dairy is bad for you and that it causes inflamation. Complete bullshit. Milk products have some of the highest content of Calcium, Protein and Vitamin D. They are essential to long life and healthy bones.

But they don't analyze the milk's bacteria content. The cow might be healthy but its stomach bacteria is not compatible with that of a human.

I'm going to start with these posts because you're dumb as fuck.

A cow's udder and stomach are not connected. Milk does not come from the cow's stomach. The bacteria in the stomach does not come out the teats. There is no cross contamination of whatever bacteria you're dreaming about here. Every single load of milk that leaves a farm is tested. Then the whole load is tested when it arrives at the processor. Those tests indicate the general health of the cows it came from and any contamination that may have occurred between the cow and the plant. No, it probably doesn't test for stomach bacteria because it's fucking impossible for there to be stomach bacteria in the milk.

People have been drinking fresh milk forever. It is becoming much more popular recently. Why, hell if I know, but pasteurized and ultra pasteurized milk does indeed taste different and can have a noticeable difference in texture while consumed.

ghak99
05-16-2020, 08:20 PM

I was the same way. Nasty looking shit that freaked me out.

...but if grandma pulled the cream and make butter, ice cream, etc I'd devour that shit like it was crack. If she'd mix chill and serve it to me unknowingly it was the best milk you could get. Seeing that separation while sitting on the table, oh hell no. LMAO

scho63
05-16-2020, 10:28 PM
Your wife refused to chug it so I am pretty sure it is milk and not bull jizz.

That wasn't my wife, that was your Mom :rolleyes:

Frazod
05-16-2020, 10:35 PM
A thread about fucking milk has people at each others' throats.

I love this place. LMAO

limested
05-16-2020, 10:37 PM
That wasn't my wife, that was your Mom :rolleyes:

That was a really pathetic come back.

2bikemike
05-16-2020, 10:39 PM
I don't even drink milk anymore. My wife ruined it for me. First we went from whole milk to 2%, then once I got used to that she switched to skim. Now it's freaking almond milk. If you try and go back it tastes too thick.
Having grown up on dairy milk in a bottle and then working at Zarda I drank a lot of milk.

I couldn't drink the ultra pasteurized milk in the Navy when we were in the Persian Gulf either. They would let that stuff sit in the helo hanger and it was a 100 deg in there.

Ubeja Vontell
05-16-2020, 11:01 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7PdC__TmEBs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When you see sooooooooooooo much stuff out there talking about the dangers of raw milk, why risk it? OBVIOUSLY....there is some problems with it. How can anyone....ah **** it?

I could post something similiar to that video everyday for a month, yes, raw milk is dangerous.

limested
05-16-2020, 11:18 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7PdC__TmEBs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When you see sooooooooooooo much stuff out there talking about the dangers of raw milk, why risk it? OBVIOUSLY....there is some problems with it. How can anyone....ah **** it?

I could post something similiar to that video everyday for a month, yes, raw milk is dangerous.

Your and idiot.

Ubeja Vontell
05-16-2020, 11:29 PM
Your and idiot.

An idiot ignores....

What does the New York State Department of Health recommend about the consumption of raw milk or raw milk products?

The New York State Department of Health strongly recommends that people DO NOT CONSUME any raw milk or raw milk products. Raw milk made into other products, like soft cheese, ice cream, and yogurt, can still cause dangerous infections. The New York State Department of Health recommends consuming only milk and milk products that have been pasteurized.

And that is just one of a TON all saying the same thing.

So they are all idiots and you know better,,,,ROFL

Mahomes_Is_God
05-16-2020, 11:36 PM
An idiot ignores....

What does the New York State Department of Health recommend about the consumption of raw milk or raw milk products?

The New York State Department of Health strongly recommends that people DO NOT CONSUME any raw milk or raw milk products. Raw milk made into other products, like soft cheese, ice cream, and yogurt, can still cause dangerous infections. The New York State Department of Health recommends consuming only milk and milk products that have been pasteurized.

And that is just one of a TON all saying the same thing.

So they are all idiots and you know better,,,,ROFL

You're dead. RIP.

Ubeja Vontell
05-16-2020, 11:41 PM
You're dead. RIP.

Yep, drank some raw milk.

Groves
05-18-2020, 08:09 AM
We’ve been on raw for over a decade now.

It surprises me that so many of you are against it even with all the advances in knowledge about gut microbiome.

I’m grateful for the pasteurization that allows unsafe milk to become safe.

But I’m even more grateful for milk sources that don’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rabblerouser
05-18-2020, 08:11 AM

Oh, so you're a pussy.

Got it.

Rest in Piss, pussy.

rabblerouser
05-18-2020, 08:14 AM
I don't even drink milk anymore. My wife ruined it for me. First we went from whole milk to 2%, then once I got used to that she switched to skim. Now it's freaking almond milk. If you try and go back it tastes too thick.
Having grown up on dairy milk in a bottle and then working at Zarda I drank a lot of milk.

I couldn't drink the ultra pasteurized milk in the Navy when we were in the Persian Gulf either. They would let that stuff sit in the helo hanger and it was a 100 deg in there.

I remember Zarda.

https://i.ibb.co/zmy9QNq/ae-time-capsule-0325-web.jpg (https://ibb.co/BfXWcw0)

Mecca
05-18-2020, 08:17 AM

Dude looks like a fat Angry Video Game Nerd, how can I take him seriously?

notorious
05-18-2020, 08:18 AM
I sighed and laughed at the same time while reading this thread.

Bueh knows his shit.

Poison 120’ at a time.....LMAO

Monticore
05-18-2020, 08:51 AM
A thread about ****ing milk has people at each others' throats.

I love this place. LMAO

I missed the part where people were having sex with milk , this place is awesome.

Abba-Dabba
05-18-2020, 09:06 AM
Who woulda thought a 2 buck jug of liquid causes this much discussion. It's just milk fellas.

morphius
05-18-2020, 09:37 AM
My Grandfather had a dairy farm as well, with 8 kids, they would just take and fill up a container with milk straight from the bulk tank and that is what they drank. Never heard of any of them getting sick. I have to imagine that maybe once milk gets pulled from there, and warm, etc, etc when trying to sell it raw it could cause some more issues. My Mom always commented on the milk tasting worse when the cows were eating grass.

Bill Brasky
05-18-2020, 10:11 AM
Who woulda thought a 2 buck jug of liquid causes this much discussion. It's just milk fellas.

I think you're underestimating how bored we are.

ChiefBlueCFC
05-18-2020, 10:22 AM
what is raw milk?

rabblerouser
05-18-2020, 10:23 AM
what is raw milk?

1. Start at the top of the thread

2. Read

L.A. Chieffan
05-18-2020, 10:25 AM
Milk is pretty gross if you think about it

Mecca
05-18-2020, 11:38 AM
I don't like milk so I'm good.

MOhillbilly
05-18-2020, 11:45 AM

When I’m milking sometimes I think about the human parasite aspect of the whole deal.

Marcellus
05-18-2020, 11:45 AM

I work in a facility where we process raw milk, we use it as an ingredient mainly. If people saw what we filter out of the milk when unloading takers.....hair, blood clots, all manner of nasty things.

Fish
05-18-2020, 12:02 PM
Mastitis gives it that nice creamy texture....

Frazod
05-18-2020, 12:17 PM
I work in a facility where we process raw milk, we use it as an ingredient mainly. If people saw what we filter out of the milk when unloading takers.....hair, blood clots, all manner of nasty things.

A lot of people would turn vegan if they saw where their meat came from, too.

I'm not one of them.

Marcellus
05-18-2020, 12:29 PM
A lot of people would turn vegan if they saw where their meat came from, too.

I'm not one of them.

Im not against drinking milk, I just think unless you KNOW how the raw milk you are getting is handled and how fresh it is, its a pretty dangerous gamble.

They can filter all that shit out of it without pasteurizing the milk but that stuff was still all in contact with your raw milk. Raw milk spoils fast, for a reason.

Frazod
05-18-2020, 12:32 PM
Im not against drinking milk, I just think unless you KNOW how the raw milk you are getting is handled and how fresh it is, its a pretty dangerous gamble.

They can filter all that shit out of it without pasteurizing the milk but that stuff was still all in contact with your raw milk. Raw milk spoils fast, for a reason.

I have no interest in raw milk. I'm fine with the pasteurized stuff I've been drinking for decades.

I just think it's funny how some people in this thread act like it's the same as drinking a glass of hemlock.

limested
05-18-2020, 12:47 PM

I know exactly where it comes from and handled. Is from a small farm 15 minutes from my house. I could go watch or even help harvest and bottle if I wanted to.

Very comfortable with their safety measures.

Groves
05-18-2020, 01:01 PM
Raw milk spoils fast, for a reason.

This isn’t our experience.

Our raw milk lasts 2 and sometimes 3 weeks.

When raw milk goes sour you just use it for other cooking things.

When pasteurized milk goes bad it will make you barf.

The good bacteria in the unpasteurized milk keeps it from going putrid like the pasteurized.

Weeds don’t grow readily in a healthy lawn, but if you take out the Turf and replace with fertile soil (pasteurize) then you’re going to have all manner of weeds grow in.

seclark
05-18-2020, 01:10 PM
i like goats milk
sec

Mecca
05-18-2020, 01:17 PM

Hey almond milk is really good, like better than actual milk.

Fish
05-18-2020, 01:33 PM

The good bacteria in the unpasteurized milk keeps it from going putrid like the pasteurized.

Weeds don’t grow readily in a healthy lawn, but if you take out the Turf and replace with fertile soil (pasteurize) then you’re going to have all manner of weeds grow in.

What "Good" bacteria are you referring to?

Mecca
05-18-2020, 01:34 PM
What "Good" bacteria are you referencing?

You know the kind of bacteria that you get from tossing a salad.

R Clark
05-18-2020, 01:54 PM
Hey almond milk is really good, like better than actual milk.

Like no it’s not lol ,to each his own but I ain’t drinking nut juice and that’s what it is. It damn sure ain’t milk.

Frazod
05-18-2020, 01:55 PM
Like no it’s not lol ,to each his own but I ain’t drinking nut juice and that’s what it is. It damn sure ain’t milk.

It's okay for cereal, but I don't care for it on its own.

Mecca
05-18-2020, 02:00 PM
If you get the vanilla kind it's good, I don't like milk so thats me I guess.

Monticore
05-18-2020, 02:39 PM
If you get the vanilla kind it's good, I don't like milk so thats me I guess.

Not a big fan of any milk , 2% for cereal is about it , soy milk has pseudo estrogen effect which doesn’t sound appealing to me and almond milk doesn’t sound like my thing either .

Marcellus
05-18-2020, 02:40 PM

Where does the "good" bacteria in raw milk come from apposed to the "bad" bacteria that spoils pasteurized milk?

And frankly there is no way in hell raw milk is going to go 2-3 weeks without spoiling. No way no how. You would have to be using heat treated milk at a minimum which is lower temp than pasteurization but kills most of the bugs inherent in the milk.

MOhillbilly
05-18-2020, 02:44 PM
It doesn’t spoil. It turns to cheese.

MOhillbilly
05-18-2020, 02:48 PM
i like goats milk
sec

For real? I also like it. I get a shit load of calls from people south of the border and the Mid East wanting meat and milk.

R Clark
05-18-2020, 03:12 PM
Almond milk cracks me up ,so do all the young nuts nurse the moma nut?You ain’t drinking milk it’s liquid squeezed out of a nut.just the sound of drinking something squeezed out of a nut shuts it down for me.

Marcellus
05-18-2020, 03:20 PM
It doesn’t spoil. It turns to cheese.

Unless you can miraculously control what environmental bacteria contaminates and then grows in the milk then you are playing roulette.

On average, one in six people who drink raw milk becomes ill with bacterial or parasite infections, according to researchers at the Minnesota Department of Health.

The researchers found 530 laboratory-confirmed cases of infections — including bacterial infections from Salmonella, E. coli and Campylobacter, as well as parasitic infections called cryptosporidiosis — among Minnesota patients who reported drinking raw milk between 2001 and 2010. Raw milk is milk that has not been pasteurized (heated to kill germs and then cooled quickly).

However, many cases of such infections aren't reported, or confirmed in a laboratory. Based on known rates of underdiagnosing these infections, the researchers estimated that 20,502 Minnesotans, or 17 percent of raw milk consumers, actually became ill during the study period after consuming raw milk, according to the study, published today (Dec. 11) in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, a public health journal of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Marcellus
05-18-2020, 03:22 PM
Almond milk cracks me up ,so do all the young nuts nurse the moma nut?You ain’t drinking milk it’s liquid squeezed out of a nut.just the sound of drinking something squeezed out of a nut shuts it down for me.

Its not liquid squeezed from the nut, its basically the almond crushed into almond butter then added to water with some other minor ingredients. There isn't much almond in almond milk but almonds are fairly high in fat so if you used a bunch of almond the calories and fat would be 2-3X that of regular milk.

Groves
05-18-2020, 03:30 PM
What "Good" bacteria are you referring to?

Where does the "good" bacteria in raw milk come from apposed to the "bad" bacteria that spoils pasteurized milk?

And frankly there is no way in hell raw milk is going to go 2-3 weeks without spoiling. No way no how. You would have to be using heat treated milk at a minimum which is lower temp than pasteurization but kills most of the bugs inherent in the milk.

I'm and idiot. There are no "good bacteria" in raw milk. It's virtually sterile from the mammary gland of a healthy animal. What I was trying to convey is that raw milk contains some enzymatic components that kill pathogens. There are a few different systems that contribute to raw milk's ability to slow bacterial growth via competitive inhibition. (lactoperoxidase system and lactoferrin system)

Can raw milk (and these "systems" within it) handle a large dose of pathogens? No way. Raw milk like most foods is nutrient rich and is totally able to be contaminated and ruined.

Here's the question: If raw milk is so dangerous and pasteurized milk is so safe, why does only the pasteurized milk go putrid?

If you set pasteurized milk and raw milk on the counter and leave em both for several days, the raw milk clabbers and can be used in biscuits and pancakes and all manner of food-making endeavors. People do it on purpose, even. The pasteurized milk goes bad-bad, and you'll get sick if you can even stomach the process of getting it into your body.

Everyone here knows why the pasteurized milk goes bad. Pasteurization doesn't kill everything, and some remaining strains really thrive even in refrigeration. They eat all that nutritious milk and multiply quickly. Not shocking that it goes bad.

The potentially new info is why does that NOT happen to the raw milk? the milk that didn't get zapped of it's bacteria like the store-bought. Why does it not only NOT go putrid, but turn into something tangy and wonderful that can be used further in cooking?

There's a lot going on in these systems. It's not as simple as "heat it - good", "don't heat it - bad". Or even kill bacteria - good, don't kill bacteria - bad. We're all still learning. I know I am.

MOhillbilly
05-18-2020, 03:37 PM
Unless you can miraculously control what environmental bacteria contaminates and then grows in the milk then you are playing roulette.

Boss you didn’t have to scour the net to prop up your argument. I process thousands of pounds of raw dairy a week.

seclark
05-18-2020, 03:41 PM
For real? I also like it. I get a shit load of calls from people south of the border and the Mid East wanting meat and milk.

hell yeah...cows milk hurts my guts. goats milk does the trick. wife and daughter won't try it, but i like it.
sec

Marcellus
05-18-2020, 03:51 PM
I'm and idiot. There are no "good bacteria" in raw milk. It's virtually sterile from the mammary gland of a healthy animal. What I was trying to convey is that raw milk contains some enzymatic components that kill pathogens. There are a few different systems that contribute to raw milk's ability to slow bacterial growth via competitive inhibition. (lactoperoxidase system and lactoferrin system)

Can raw milk (and these "systems" within it) handle a large dose of pathogens? No way. Raw milk like most foods is nutrient rich and is totally able to be contaminated and ruined.

Here's the question: If raw milk is so dangerous and pasteurized milk is so safe, why does only the pasteurized milk go putrid?

If you set pasteurized milk and raw milk on the counter and leave em both for several days, the raw milk clabbers and can be used in biscuits and pancakes and all manner of food-making endeavors. People do it on purpose, even. The pasteurized milk goes bad-bad, and you'll get sick if you can even stomach the process of getting it into your body.

Everyone here knows why the pasteurized milk goes bad. Pasteurization doesn't kill everything, and some remaining strains really thrive even in refrigeration. They eat all that nutritious milk and multiply quickly. Not shocking that it goes bad.

The potentially new info is why does that NOT happen to the raw milk? the milk that didn't get zapped of it's bacteria like the store-bought. Why does it not only NOT go putrid, but turn into something tangy and wonderful that can be used further in cooking?

There's a lot going on in these systems. It's not as simple as "heat it - good", "don't heat it - bad". Or even kill bacteria - good, don't kill bacteria - bad. We're all still learning. I know I am.

There is a lot to unpack here and I don't disagree with a lot of the premise. I think if you are milking your own cows for example and have complete control of the environment you reduce risk of contamination with environmental bacteria.

Every time that milk moves from one container to another its almost 100% exposed to more bacteria (unless you have an aseptic environment which is not likely).

My experience with raw milk is you may get 7 days out of it before it "spoils" when holding it refrigerated but regulations typically require it be used in 72 hours from receiving.

As far as spoiling it spoils just like pasteurized milk as far as I can tell but again its been moved from the dairy in a tank, onto a tanker, offload into a silo etc...picking up bacteria at each place.

Marcellus
05-18-2020, 03:53 PM
Boss you didn’t have to scour the net to prop up your argument. I process thousands of pounds of raw dairy a week.

Thats cute. :-)

Looking at my computer monitor we have 150,000lbs of dairy in silos right now.

threebag
05-18-2020, 04:18 PM

At least you enjoyed working it down the plumbing.

You’re such a fucking mass of Railroad Steel, we should have your username changed to Jizzly Adams-Apple

Fish
05-18-2020, 04:47 PM

Milk going sour is just a bacterial process. It happens in all milk, including raw. Milk has a natural bacteria present in it called lactobacilli. That's what makes milk go sour. Raw milk by its nature contains much higher levels of lactobacilli. Raw milk can absolutely go putrid. It's just a matter of time, temperature, and environmental exposure. Lots of factors at play, but I don't think there's as great of a difference in shelf life as you're portraying.

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 04:51 PM
How damn funny is...

Fact...raw milk can make you sick.
posters....so what, who cares.

Ha~~~~~~~

Megatron96
05-18-2020, 04:59 PM
Had raw milk a few times growing up. Tasted better than store-bought, IMO. This is what happens when your friends are mostly farmers and ranchers or dairy farmers.

Never knew anyone that got sick from drinking raw milk. Haven't had any in a couple decades now at least.

Always have to take the CDC with a little grain of salt. In just my lifetime the CDC has said that eggs are good, then bad, then good, then only the whites are good, then a little yolk sometimes is good for you.

Same kind of thing about wine, IIRC.

One of the all-time greats is pork and Trichinosis. "you must cook pork thoroughly to avoid getting Trichinosis!"

Since 1970s the odds of an American getting Trichinosis through commercial pork consumption has dropped to about 15 cases per year. Most cases of Trichinosis occur through home-raised pork or game meat, specifically bear or deer.

Basically, commercially-raised American medium-rare pork chop is just as safe as any beef steak. But the CDC hasn't gotten around to changing their directive from the '70s.

cripple creek
05-18-2020, 05:48 PM
having a milkshake now and then is about the total of my milk consumption anymore

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 05:54 PM
Knowing what I do about raw milk I'd have a real hard time ....

Come on kids drink up.

limested
05-18-2020, 06:05 PM
Knowing what I do about raw milk I'd have a real hard time ....

Come on kids drink up.

You have proven to be one of the biggest dumbasses on this board.

MOhillbilly
05-18-2020, 06:58 PM
Thats cute. :-)

Looking at my computer monitor we have 150,000lbs of dairy in silos right now.

That come off your farm? You’re the owner operator? You work for kraft?

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 07:17 PM
You have proven to be one of the biggest dumbasses on this board.

I don't think so seeing how I can take CP totally to school talking a multitude of topics.

A dumbass is somebody who ignores what is out there in the negative about raw milk, what, you can't read? You really think all those FACTS about the dangers of drinking that shit are false? How many...

Raw milk is dangerous and....

Do you need to see?

This is BS

People also ask
How dangerous is raw milk?
Raw milk can carry dangerous bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, Listeria, Campylobacter, and others that cause foodborne illness, often called “food poisoning.” These bacteria can seriously injure the health of anyone who drinks raw milk or eats products made from raw milk.Nov 8, 2018

But, you know better, right?

Megatron96
05-18-2020, 07:21 PM
I don't think so seeing how I can take CP totally to school talking a multitude of topics.

A dumbass is somebody who ignores what is out there in the negative about raw milk, what, you can't read? You really think all those FACTS about the dangers of drinking that shit are false? How many...

Raw milk is dangerous and....

Do you need to see?

144 cases of raw milk poisoning in 20 years means you're more likely to get hit by lightning twice than be poisoned by raw milk . . .

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 07:26 PM
144 cases of raw milk poisoning in 20 years means you're more likely to get hit by lightning twice than be poisoned by raw milk . . .

How about....

Raw milk was much more likely to be linked to outbreaks than pasteurized milk. From 1993 through 2006, 121 outbreaks were linked to dairy products identified as pasteurized or unpasteurized (raw). These outbreaks resulted in 4,413 illnesses, 239 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths.

Megatron96
05-18-2020, 07:29 PM
How about....

Raw milk was much more likely to be linked to outbreaks than pasteurized milk. From 1993 through 2006, 121 outbreaks were linked to dairy products identified as pasteurized or unpasteurized (raw). These outbreaks resulted in 4,413 illnesses, 239 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths.

More people were hit and killed by lightning in the U.S. through the same time-frame.

Megatron96
05-18-2020, 07:31 PM
From 2006 through 2018, 396 people were struck and killed by lightning in the United States . . .

https://www.weather.gov/media/safety/Analysis06-18.pdf

But you want to be scared of milk . . .

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 07:55 PM
From 2006 through 2018, 396 people were struck and killed by lightning in the United States . . .

https://www.weather.gov/media/safety/Analysis06-18.pdf

But you want to be scared of milk . . .

More about letting my kids drink something that might harm them. What parent does that?

Megatron96
05-18-2020, 07:58 PM
More about letting my kids drink something that might harm them. What parent does that?

My parents used to let me ride my bike everywhere WITHOUT A HELMET!!!

Megatron96
05-18-2020, 08:03 PM
Probably going to hell for this, but . . . I bought a bike last week, and I've ridden it four times now . . . WITHOUT A HELMET!!!!

The Devil is inside me i tell you . . .

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 08:10 PM
My parents used to let me ride my bike everywhere WITHOUT A HELMET!!!

I can show you at least 50 different articles talking about the dangers of raw milk. So a parent just says....**** it...here ya go son have some raw milk....really?

Pot won't hurt you, won't kill you but I'm not handing my 14 year old a joint, why not?

limested
05-18-2020, 08:16 PM
I can show you at least 50 different articles talking about the dangers of raw milk. So a parent just says....**** it...here ya go son have some raw milk....really?

Pot won't hurt you, won't kill you but I'm not handing my 14 year old a joint, why not?

You probably think Vitamin D is a vitamin.

Megatron96
05-18-2020, 08:18 PM

Saccharine causes cancer in rats. If you feed them nothing but saccharine for two or three years.

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 08:22 PM
Saccharine causes cancer in rats. If you feed them nothing but saccharine for two or three years.

So just ignore all this, what do they know, right?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EIYqwCnPFBo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I need to go with the guy riding around without a helmet on, think Ill pass.

limested
05-18-2020, 08:25 PM
. And according to data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) earlier this year, nearly half of foodborne illnesses in the United States from 1998 to 2008 were linked to fruits, nuts, leafy greens and other vegetables. Dairy was the second most frequent food source for infections, which is interesting considering the vast majority of milk, cheese, yogurts, and other products sold in the U.S. is, by law, pasteurized.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/is-raw-milk-safe-to-drink

Dairy is the second most likely to cause food borne illness in the US but less than 200 cases are raw. The extreme majority was pasteurized. Tell me again the raw is unsafe.

Megatron96
05-18-2020, 08:26 PM

Drinking raw, unpasteurized milk has been touted by some as a solution to just about every various health conditions. There are claims that raw milk can help with allergies, skin health, boost immunity, weight loss, neurological “support” and to aid with digestive issues (including lactose intolerance).

But does it really do any of those things? And what are the risks?

The opposite of raw milk is milk that has been through the pasteurization process. Pasteurization is the process where milk is heated to a high temperature and maintained there for a period of time to kill off harmful bacteria. Bacteria such as Listeria, Salmonella and E. coli can be present in unpasteurized (raw) milk. These bacteria are potentially dangerous in anyone but are especially concerning in young children, pregnant women, and people with weakened immune systems.

That's the point i'm trying to make. There's not much risk. There's some, yes, but of the myriad things that your child might die from, raw milk is near the very bottom of the list, buddy. They're more likely to drown in a 5-gallon bucket. Or get hit by lightning. Or die in a car that you were driving and had an accident.

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 08:40 PM
That's the point i'm trying to make. There's not much risk. There's some, yes, but of the myriad things that your child might die from, raw milk is near the very bottom of the list, buddy. They're more likely to drown in a 5-gallon bucket. Or get hit by lightning. Or die in a car that you were driving and had an accident.

So you didn't watch the video did ya?

Does a child really need to chance raw milk, hell no, simply common sense.

https://barfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/colbert.raw_.milk_.jpg

Dad....here ya go son have some raw milk
Mom....whoa heard that stuff could be danderous
Dad....nay, some guys in Missouri, Chiefs fans said it was ok.
Mom....well hell. go for it.

threebag
05-19-2020, 01:16 AM

https://images.axios.com/Z9sHC9SjfPwhd9QA4i7zGftF4ac=/2020/05/11/1589206235552.gif

limested
05-19-2020, 09:23 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EIYqwCnPFBo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I need to go with the guy riding around without a helmet on, think Ill pass.

"Because Hundreds have gotten sick over the past decade" :rolleyes:

CDC estimates over 1 million cases of salmonella per year in the US. Most common sources are meat, poultry, seafood, raw eggs , fruits and vegetables. You better not let your family eat any of that because they might get sick.

You are a ****ing nut.

Marcellus
05-19-2020, 09:37 AM
That come off your farm? You’re the owner operator? You work for kraft?

We use it for an ingredient in several milk based products. Most of what we make is aseptic shelf stable products though we make some ESL (pasteurized) products but none of those are dairy, mainly almond milk.

Ubeja Vontell
05-19-2020, 01:12 PM
"Because Hundreds have gotten sick over the past decade" :rolleyes:

CDC estimates over 1 million cases of salmonella per year in the US. Most common sources are meat, poultry, seafood, raw eggs , fruits and vegetables. You better not let your family eat any of that because they might get sick.

You are a ****ing nut.

A ****ING nut ignores....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-mxSryt2PYs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So you know more, why do I doubt that?

There are videos, articles, TONS of both talking about the dangers of drinking raw milk, you might ignore all that, I don't.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-19-2020, 01:31 PM
Cosby used raw milk with instant pudding

prhom
05-19-2020, 02:26 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/health/is-raw-milk-safe-to-drink

Dairy is the second most likely to cause food borne illness in the US but less than 200 cases are raw. The extreme majority was pasteurized. Tell me again the raw is unsafe.

Yesterday I ate some yogurt and cheese that had sat outside, at ambient temps for about 30 hours. I’m not sure if I would drink raw milk or not, given the chance, but food safety guidelines have a huge factor of safety built into them.

LoneWolf
05-19-2020, 02:33 PM
Cosby used raw milk with instant pudding

https://media.tenor.com/images/26723732307b95bd084a0ecda8b5c639/tenor.gif

DaneMcCloud
05-23-2020, 12:12 PM

This is complete and utter bullshit