PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Google Nest - Troubleshooting

KCUnited
05-16-2020, 06:01 AM
I couldn't find much online so figured I'd take a stab here for anyone using Google Nest products.

I'm using a Nest Secure for my alarm system. I have the Nest Guard and a few door/window sensors throughout the house. I use Arlo cameras outside.

Last night around 2am my Nest Guard sent out a fire alarm. Scared the living shit out of me. It was the alarm blaring and the voice saying "fire detected". None of my other smoke detectors were going off. Checked the entire house and no smoke or fire was detected, so it seems like a false alarm.

I legit didn't even know this thing had a smoke sensor, just motion detection. I do not have the Nest Protect smoke detectors, just the Secure alarm system.

Anyone experience or heard of this before with the Nest Secure? I'm truly at a loss as to how it happened and more than a bit troubled by a false alarm. It's software is current and not placed near any dust or steam which I've heard can cause false alarms on the Nest Protect smoke detectors.

lewdog
05-16-2020, 06:59 AM
We cut this piece of shit yet?!?!

BeMyValentine
05-16-2020, 07:07 AM
Has anyone ever died in the house?

KCUnited
05-16-2020, 07:20 AM
Believe I figured it out.

Noticed the front door didn't chime when I went out this morning unmasked for raw milk and 120lb dumbbells. Looks like the adhesive on the magnet sensor came loose from the wall and it stuck to the Detect sensor. Which probably is a fire hazard.

Anyway, feel free to thread shit with ICP gifs!

https://i.imgur.com/W1RtfIi.gif

Jewish Rabbi
05-16-2020, 07:20 AM
I’d just hire Ubeja Vontell to be your security guard and remove your existing system. Problem solved.

ptlyon
05-16-2020, 07:31 AM
Allowing Google to "secure" your "nest"? :hmmm:

KCUnited
05-16-2020, 07:32 AM
I’d just hire Ubeja Vontell to be your security guard and remove your existing system. Problem solved.

Doubt he can name one song from them Detroit Jug A Low Blues

Why Not?
05-16-2020, 08:37 AM
Believe I figured it out.

Noticed the front door didn't chime when I went out this morning unmasked for raw milk and 120lb dumbbells.

LMAO

Fish
05-16-2020, 10:19 AM
Probably that dang Bill Gates and his plot for global domination and depopulation via forced vaccination.

Hammock Parties
05-16-2020, 10:36 AM
Try turning it off and turning it back on.

srvy
05-16-2020, 11:03 AM

https://i.imgur.com/dG7t0vo.jpg

smithandrew051
05-16-2020, 11:15 AM
Is there any chance that the “fire alarm” and the “dick too big alarm” got mixed up? You’re on CP, so everyone knows you’re packing.

BWillie
05-16-2020, 11:18 AM
I have one of these that I'm too lazy to install. Let me know if you want to buy it or one of you wants to come install it for fee.