View Full Version : Football Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive

Pages : [1] 2

staylor26
05-18-2020, 06:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rMAO7JW.jpg

All Parker did was answer the question

DrRyan
05-18-2020, 06:35 PM
He does have a point. 185 targets last season. Parker answer seems like a weird thing to get sensitive over

Bump
lol he mad

Sorry
Thomas while elite, greatly benefits from super pass oriented New Orleans offense and arguably one of the most accurate passers in nfl history. Parker is a victim of terrible teams as a whole. Parker would put up major numbers with Brees as well

ThyKingdomCome15
05-18-2020, 06:46 PM
Parker shredding Gilmore in week 17 was a better single game performance than Thomas ever had. Only 'Reek shredds Gilmore like that.

srvy
05-18-2020, 06:53 PM
Parker shredding Gilmore in week 17 was a better single game performance than Thomas ever had. Only 'Reek shredds Gilmore like that.

Why is Parker picking a war with MT?

Hammock Parties
05-18-2020, 06:54 PM
this guy is only in the top 10 because he plays with brees

raidersnumber1
05-18-2020, 07:37 PM
typical diva wr attitude. sad!

Jewish Rabbi
05-18-2020, 09:03 PM
this guy is only in the top 10 because he plays with brees

WR version of Jimmy Graham.

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 09:37 PM
Why would any current WR mess with Thomas over anything?

3 time pro bowler
2 time all pro
470 catchs
5517 yards
32 TD;s

in just 4 seasons, that is Jerry Rice type stuff. Hell, be right back....

I say.....yes sir and no sir...to a stud like Michael Thomas.

Jerry Rice first 4 seasons

But....4 pro bowls/3 All Pro

LoneWolf
05-18-2020, 09:39 PM
Why would any current WR mess with Thomas over anything?

3 time pro bowler
2 time all pro
470 catchs
5517 yards
32 TD;s

in just 4 seasons, that is Jerry Rice type stuff. Hell, be right back....

I say.....yes sir and no sir...to a stud like Michael Thomas.

That’s because you’re a weak bitch.

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 09:44 PM
That’s because you’re a weak bitch.

Dude, I toy with ya in the RR, here ya stay on topic, respect the OP.

LoneWolf
05-18-2020, 09:51 PM
Dude, I toy with ya in the RR, here hey ya stay on topic, respect the OP.

How’s this? Michael Thomas is softer than Judy’s pussy lips for getting upset about Parker’s one letter answer to a tweet. You saying you would be all “yes sir, no sir” to him makes you a soft bitch.

Ubeja Vontell
05-18-2020, 09:53 PM
How’s this? Michael Thomas is softer than Judy’s pussy lips for getting upset about Parker’s one letter answer to a tweet. You saying you would be all “yes sir, no sir” to him makes you a soft bitch.

RIP

Sorry guys as we can see this Lonewolf freak needs help.

Bump
05-18-2020, 10:51 PM
What else would Parker have to base his decision off of? He's probably been guarded by Gilmore so he knows what it's like, he's never tried to break up a pass while guarding Michael Thomas, so he went with what he knew and Michael Thomas must have been stalking every NFL players twatter saying to himself "these sons a bitches better fucking vote B or ima throw a fit!"

Pasta Little Brioni
05-18-2020, 11:37 PM
3...2...1...till some fantasy dweeb rides in in defense of Thomas

PurpleRiders51
05-19-2020, 06:07 AM
Thomas while elite, greatly benefits from super pass oriented New Orleans offense and arguably one of the most accurate passers in nfl history. Parker is a victim of terrible teams as a whole. Parker would put up major numbers with Brees as well

He might be a league wide star this year if Tua starts and goes off like I think he's going to. Parker, Williams & Grant could be a lethal trio with a elite arm targeting them. Add a TE the quality of Gesicki to the mix, and Miami is going to be a legit dark horse IF Tua goes off.

PurpleRiders51
05-19-2020, 06:13 AM
Why is Parker picking a war with MT?

You got that backwards, diva Thomas is the one who chimed in after Parker answered someone else's question because Michelle didn't the response.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-19-2020, 06:41 AM
Tua Tebow...WINNER

BWillie
05-19-2020, 07:40 AM
Michael Thomas is the best WR in the game. The best one.

Dunerdr
05-19-2020, 08:29 AM
I just dont know if thats accurate. The only real receiving stud on the team that isnt coming out of the back field.

TomBarndtsTwin
05-19-2020, 10:45 AM
Best WR in the game?

Put me down for Julio Jones over Michael Thomas.

Michael Thomas benefits tremendously from playing in that offense. If he was somewhere else, he wouldn’t be putting up those numbers.

Hell, I’d take Tyreek over Thomas. He’s more of a mismatch than him and is harder to account for when he can be used so many different ways and both Sean Payton and Drew Brees agree that Tyreek is the most explosive player in the NFL.

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2018/11/19/drew-brees-sean-payton-give-peter-king-unique-access-for-football-morning-in-america-exclusively-on-nbcsports-com/

BWillie
05-19-2020, 11:24 AM
Best WR in the game?

Put me down for Julio Jones over Michael Thomas.

Michael Thomas benefits tremendously from playing in that offense. If he was somewhere else, he wouldn’t be putting up those numbers.

Hell, I’d take Tyreek over Thomas. He’s more of a mismatch than him and is harder to account for when he can be used so many different ways and both Sean Payton and Drew Brees agree that Tyreek is the most explosive player in the NFL.

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2018/11/19/drew-brees-sean-payton-give-peter-king-unique-access-for-football-morning-in-america-exclusively-on-nbcsports-com/

Teddy fucking Bridgewater threw to his ass most of last year. Michael Thomas almost 400 yards more than the next WR in yards and had 9 TDs. Tyreek benefits alot with Mahomes and our offense too. The same could be said. I think Tyreek is a Top 6 WR but I just think Thomas is a small bit ahead of him as an all around WR threat.

Ubeja Vontell
05-19-2020, 12:12 PM

Without question in the debate.

big nasty kcnut
05-19-2020, 12:24 PM
No Tyreek hill the best wr in this planet.

TomBarndtsTwin
05-19-2020, 12:51 PM
Teddy ****ing Bridgewater threw to his ass most of last year. Michael Thomas almost 400 yards more than the next WR in yards and had 9 TDs. Tyreek benefits alot with Mahomes and our offense too. The same could be said. I think Tyreek is a Top 6 WR but I just think Thomas is a small bit ahead of him as an all around WR threat.

Not accurate on Bridgewater. Teddy started 5 games, Brees started 11. Most of his time was with Brees throwing to him.

And he had FAR more targets than ANY receiver in the NFL last year. 185. The next closest guy was Julio Jones at 157 targets.

It's a hell of a lot easier to catch that many more balls than everyone else when you're being thrown to THAT many times.

And a LOT of them were short passes, which are typically a much higher catch %. It's not like he was averaging 14+ yards per catch like Julio, Chris Godwin or Devante Parker (3 others that finished in the Top 5 in yards along with Thomas). He averaged 11.6 per catch. That's a significant difference from 14+ yards.

Look I'm not saying he sucks. Obviously he doesn't. But to make the argument that he's the best WR in the game is simply based on the fact that he plays in an offense perfectly suited to his abilities, has Drew Brees throwing to him (one of the most, if not THE most, accurate QB in NFL history) and, most importantly, gets WAY more targets than any other NFL receiver.

I still think he's a Top 5 WR, I just think it's hard to make an argument for him being the BEST ("without question", as some have claimed in this thread) when you consider all the above factors.

I'm still taking Julio, Tyreek and a couple more over him if given the choice.

ThaVirus
05-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Not accurate on Bridgewater. Teddy started 5 games, Brees started 11. Most of his time was with Brees throwing to him.

And he had FAR more targets than ANY receiver in the NFL last year. 185. The next closest guy was Julio Jones at 157 targets.

It's a hell of a lot easier to catch that many more balls than everyone else when you're being thrown to THAT many times.

And a LOT of them were short passes, which are typically a much higher catch %. It's not like he was averaging 14+ yards per catch like Julio, Chris Godwin or Devante Parker (3 others that finished in the Top 5 in yards along with Thomas). He averaged 11.6 per catch. That's a significant difference from 14+ yards.

Look I'm not saying he sucks. Obviously he doesn't. But to make the argument that he's the best WR in the game is simply based on the fact that he plays in an offense perfectly suited to his abilities, has Drew Brees throwing to him (one of the most, if not THE most, accurate QB in NFL history) and, most importantly, gets WAY more targets than any other NFL receiver.

I still think he's a Top 5 WR, I just think it's hard to make an argument for him being the BEST ("without question", as some have claimed in this thread) when you consider all the above factors.

I'm still taking Julio, Tyreek and a couple more over him if given the choice.

Good arguments here.

I'd probably take Julio, Hopkins, Tyreek and Mike Evans over him off the top of my head.

Flying High D
05-19-2020, 04:07 PM
I’d take the Chief’s receivers with their rings.

PurpleRiders51
05-19-2020, 04:08 PM

Julio & Andre are better receivers imo. I.would take Thomas over Evans though.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Reek is better

Pablo
05-19-2020, 05:39 PM
Reek is better

Reek is gonna get the Steve Smith treatment his entire career. Just a phenomenal talent but isn't 6'1 or 6'2 so he can't be the best...

Mephistopheles Janx
05-19-2020, 06:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/QPFDyqF.jpg

PurpleRiders51
05-19-2020, 06:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/QPFDyqF.jpg

Lol, would still take Thomas over Cooper. Don't want my #1 WR not playing on the road because he's head soft.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-19-2020, 08:50 PM
Godwin ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Al Bundy
05-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Thomas isn't even the best WR in the NFC South.

Sorry
05-19-2020, 09:42 PM
I haven't really seen much from Godwin but he's always getting hyped? I think Diggs needs to prove himself in Buff. before people praise his namesake after a fluke TD in the playoffs. Tyreek is top three, Antonio Brown is an asterisk up there if he ever plays again.

Al Bundy
05-19-2020, 10:09 PM
I haven't really seen much from Godwin but he's always getting hyped? I think Diggs needs to prove himself in Buff. before people praise his namesake after a fluke TD in the playoffs. Tyreek is top three, Antonio Brown is an asterisk up there if he ever plays again.

Godwin is a legit stud, catches everything, blocks his ass off.

ThaVirus
05-20-2020, 06:54 AM

Godwin led the AFC in receiving yards last year.

DrRyan
05-20-2020, 08:56 AM
Godwin led the AFC in receiving yards last year.

He is so great he is leading the AFC in receiving while playing in the NFC! I'd say that makes him underrated!

RealSNR
05-20-2020, 09:09 AM
Godwin is a legit stud, catches everything, blocks his ass off.

He definitely seems nice, but that’s not the point. The 3rd best WR in the NFL he is not.

PAChiefsGuy
05-20-2020, 09:09 AM
I don't see the big deal with this. I guess Michael Jordan is very sensitive too? Whatever these guys need to do to stay motivated I say go for it.

ThaVirus
05-20-2020, 09:11 AM
He is so great he is leading the AFC in receiving while playing in the NFC! I'd say that makes him underrated!

LOL What a royal **** up. I've brought shame to my family.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b2776d680bb5a43d09a8f0bed1e1f5fd/tenor.gif?itemid=16893746

staylor26
05-20-2020, 09:17 AM
I don't see the big deal with this. I guess Michael Jordan is very sensitive too? Whatever these guys need to do to stay motivated I say go for it.

Apparently you don’t follow Michael Thomas on social media. He is the most sensitive athlete in all of sports, and that’s saying a lot. Dude is worse than Mayfield.

All Parker did was give a one letter answer to a question. How Michael Thomas found this to be a diss is beyond me.

Also, Michael Thomas is not Michael Jordan. And no, Jordan wouldn’t be this sensitive to feel the need to respond to something to silly on social media. He might go off in a game and bring it up later, but this was an emotionally charged response to nothing.

PAChiefsGuy
05-20-2020, 09:37 AM
Apparently you don’t follow Michael Thomas on social media. He is the most sensitive athlete in all of sports, and that’s saying a lot. Dude is worse than Mayfield.

All Parker did was give a one letter answer to a question. How Michael Thomas found this to be a diss is beyond me.

Also, Michael Thomas is not Michael Jordan. And no, Jordan wouldn’t be this sensitive to feel the need to respond to something to silly on social media. He might go off in a game and bring it up later, but this was an emotionally charged response to nothing.

I see what you are saying but sometimes being sensitive can work in an athletes favor. If athletes constantly feel they are being disrespected they tend to try harder and feel like they have something to prove. I'd take that over the athletes who get a big contract and then magically start playing like shit.

I do agree that Twitter shit is a little ridiculous at times but whatever keeps people motivated is fine with me.

ThaVirus
05-20-2020, 09:56 AM

We don't know that

ThaVirus
05-20-2020, 10:23 AM
Lol ok. By that logic, we don’t know that he would. Why are you only telling me this?

Seemed to me like you were trying to pass it off as fact.

Based on interviews he's given these days and his massive ego, he's the kind of guy who'd have a good chance of succumbing to Twitter fingers.

staylor26
05-20-2020, 10:31 AM
Seemed to me like you were trying to pass it off as fact.

Based on interviews he's given these days and his massive ego, he's the kind of guy who'd have a good chance of succumbing to Twitter fingers.

No, I’m fully aware that I can’t say that for a fact.

I’m a huge Bulls/Jordan fan though and I just know it’s not his style. He was an asshole and he could be petty, but he would do his talking on the court and privately. I don’t see him being the type to do it on social media. I mean it’s not like he doesn’t have social media and haters now.

Mecca
05-20-2020, 10:44 AM
Michael Thomas literally is good at running slants, because he has an accurate QB this nets him a ton of catches and yards.

If you have a CB that is capable of playing physical Thomas plays like garbage, Xavier Rhodes is a declining player who just had a bad year, he made Thomas his bitch in their playoff game.

RunKC
06-03-2020, 12:56 PM
<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="12887795" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.761904761904762"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/hold-up-whoa-folding-chair-gif-12887795">Hold Up GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/hold-gifs">Hold GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Drew Brees still doesn’t agree with anyone who might kneel during the national anthem <a href="https://t.co/2WdZQizgTB">https://t.co/2WdZQizgTB</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1268227561965977600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He don’t know no better.</p>&mdash; Michael Thomas (@Cantguardmike) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/1268220772046307333?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ljmhawk
06-03-2020, 02:15 PM
i wouldn’t throw him the ball this coming season

CasselGotPeedOn
06-03-2020, 02:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We don’t care if you don’t agree and whoever else how about that.</p>&mdash; Michael Thomas (@Cantguardmike) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/1268224561008574465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/gHmElPXQvnp_6ZTO5P08QCOMFEnlC4ftoNjZjISabULwbjaZkKN-umRyI538b2WjEgSjLFZKo3OTI08ULJeqdfaIoiUmDPaPmPvaTzNasacZKG55M4SXftOFxcNlfLnAUIC4AnRdg1ELc2SVVTYt5B8P whVpZHpjfDk

smithandrew051
06-03-2020, 02:37 PM
I haven’t read Brees’s full comment, but I suspect that one small part has been clipped

Spott
06-03-2020, 02:58 PM
More proof that professional athletes, or any reasonable adult, should never use Twitter. The whole website is like a million hipster millennial douchebags all vomited at once.

The Franchise
06-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Thomas, Kamara and Sanders have all unfollowed Brees on twitter. How long before they trade Brees to the Pats?

jaa1025
06-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Thomas is toeing a line. Some of his posts and retweets are going to get him in trouble. I saw a retweet a couple nights ago about killing cops.

Easy 6
06-03-2020, 03:35 PM
Thomas, Kamara and Sanders have all unfollowed Brees on twitter. How long before they trade Brees to the Pats?

They can go to hell, Brees is a legend for putting his money where his mouth is down there... guarantee you he’s done more to help poor minorities than all three of those asshats combined

ping2000
06-03-2020, 03:37 PM
I'm glad Brees has the balls to stand behind what he believes in. Rare these days.

The Franchise
06-03-2020, 03:43 PM
They can go to hell, Brees is a legend for putting his money where his mouth is down there... guarantee you he’s done more to help poor minorities than all three of those asshats combined

That’s great. Except we both know that that isn’t going to fly in the times we are in now.

AdolfOliverBush
06-03-2020, 03:48 PM
You can tell the flag felt very disrespected when NFL players kneeled. It looked visibly upset.

Sassy Squatch
06-03-2020, 03:51 PM
This is why the best move is always those bland PR statements.

smithandrew051
06-03-2020, 03:52 PM
I don’t see the issue. He didn’t say people shouldn’t be allowed to kneel. He only said that he didn’t agree with that as a form of protest and explained why.

When you protest, does everyone have to agree with you now?

smithandrew051
06-03-2020, 03:54 PM
This is why the best move is always those bland PR statements.

Agreed. If I were a pro athlete, I would definitely have a prepared statement where I just fill in the blanks.

Easy 6
06-03-2020, 03:55 PM
That’s great. Except we both know that that isn’t going to fly in the times we are in now.

It’ll fly if the people he’s helped have his back, and if Benson doesn’t cave to the malcontents

Mecca
06-03-2020, 03:58 PM
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military. He completely spun it into something it wasn't and that's what he's getting smacked around for by other athletes.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 04:07 PM
I don’t see the issue. He didn’t say people shouldn’t be allowed to kneel. He only said that he didn’t agree with that as a form of protest and explained why.

When you protest, does everyone have to agree with you now?

So you should only protest in ways that make no waves?

"Disrespecting the troops" seems like and extremely malleable and arbitrary standard to me. If kneeling, which Kaep specially said he was doing out of respect for the troops, is disrespectful to the troops or flag - then why isn't "Home of the CHIEFS"? Who makes these rules? Oh wait, I know who.

Jerok
06-03-2020, 04:14 PM
Better put your money on the Bucs to win that divison

Perineum Ripper
06-03-2020, 04:19 PM

"Disrespecting the troops" seems like and extremely malleable and arbitrary standard to me. If kneeling, which Kaep specially said he was doing out of respect for the troops, is disrespectful to the troops or flag - then why isn't "Home of the CHIEFS"? Who makes these rules? Oh wait, I know who.

When did anyone say that protests need to make no waves?

Your passive aggressive bullshit of ”Who makes the rules? Oh I know.” isn’t fucking needed. You quit DC because it upsets you so much, so leave it the fuck out of the lounge.

smithandrew051
06-03-2020, 04:21 PM

You either misread my comment or didn’t understand it.

I don’t see a reason to be offended by Brees’s comment. He didn’t say people have to protest a certain way. He simply said he disagreed with this method.

Is he not allowed to disagree with it?

Red Dawg
06-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Jim Brown says the samr thing. But he's black so its ok. Most won't kneel because its worthless to do and stupid.

DaneMcCloud
06-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Malcom Jenkins just ripped Drew Brees a new asshole.

That team is going to have problems this season.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 04:31 PM
When did anyone say that protests need to make no waves?

Your passive aggressive bullshit of ”Who makes the rules? Oh I know.” isn’t ****ing needed. You quit DC because it upsets you so much, so leave it the **** out of the lounge.

Go **** yourself. It's passive aggressive because we're not supposed to post politics in the lounge - even in an obviously political thread like this.

My message was clear - it's complete BS that Kaep kneeling is deemed offensive enough to get right-wing idiots like you beside themselves with rage, while "home of the CHIEFS" is perfectly ok. It's completely arbitrary - and only happens because white people make the rules. Is that clear enough for you dickhead?

Sassy Squatch
06-03-2020, 04:33 PM

Yeah. Spoke in the past tense about being friends and having respect for him, then finished it off with a nice 'shut the fuck up'.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 04:33 PM
You either misread my comment or didn’t understand it.

I don’t see a reason to be offended by Brees’s comment. He didn’t say people have to protest a certain way. He simply said he disagreed with this method.

Is he not allowed to disagree with it?

Did he offer an alternative?

Is this really the message that needs to be sent right now? Why pick this battle, now of all times?

Easy 6
06-03-2020, 04:36 PM

Drew should take them on a tour of all the homes he’s built for the impoverished minorities down there, then show them a statement from his accountant regarding all of his charity contributions

BigCatDaddy
06-03-2020, 04:36 PM

LMAO I don't think you trade the franchise.

Sassy Squatch
06-03-2020, 04:37 PM
I hear the forklifts coming to move the thread to DC

Perineum Ripper
06-03-2020, 04:40 PM
Go fuck yourself. It's passive aggressive because we're not supposed to post politics in the lounge - even in an obviously political thread like this.

My message was clear - it's complete BS that Kaep kneeling is deemed offensive enough to get right-wing idiots like you beside themselves with rage, while home of the CHIEFS is perfectly ok. It's because white people make the rules. Is that clear enough for you dickhead?

No, you worthless fuck, you obviously can’t have a calm political discussion because you admitted yourself that you get way too emotional. That’s why your passive aggressive bleeding isn’t needed and political shit isn’t supposed to be in the lounge, as well. So change your tampon out, because toxic shock is real.

Then explain to me, how I was beside myself with the kneeling. You find a post of me bitching about the kneeling, with me beside myself from it. I will donate $100 to whatever cause you want, if you can’t find it you can donate the same amount to my pick.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 04:40 PM
Go **** yourself. It's passive aggressive because we're not supposed to post politics in the lounge - even in an obviously political thread like this.

My message was clear - it's complete BS that Kaep kneeling is deemed offensive enough to get right-wing idiots like you beside themselves with rage, while "home of the CHIEFS" is perfectly ok. It's completely arbitrary - and only happens because white people make the rules. Is that clear enough for you dickhead?

Fuck off troll, this has been explained over and over to you. None of your assertions are accurate, and they say a lot more about you than those you try to smear.

DaneMcCloud
06-03-2020, 04:41 PM
LMAO I don't think you trade the franchise.

Why not?

Brees is 41 years old and the Saints extended Taysom Hill this offseason.

They're not going to get a draft pick for Brees next season, so why not pick up an extra pick they can use in an effort to move up for one of the Big 3 in the 2021 draft?

It seems like a Win-Win for both franchises.

BigCatDaddy
06-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Next to Mahomie Brees might be the most popular player in the NFL. They don't want none of that smoke. Trade those soft bitches to Cleveland.

RealSNR
06-03-2020, 04:42 PM
When asked for his opinion on the protests occurring throughout the nation, Taysom Hill began his response, “As someone who lived through the Equal Rights Amendment...”

BigCatDaddy
06-03-2020, 04:43 PM
Why not?

Brees is 41 years old and the Saints extended Taysom Hill this offseason.

They're not going to get a draft pick for Brees next season, so why not pick up an extra pick they can use in an effort to move up for one of the Big 3 in the 2021 draft?

It seems like a Win-Win for both franchises.

Teams don't typically back ass into HOF caliber QB's back to back the way the Packers did. I'd always take the bird in the hand.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Then explain to me, how I was beside myself with the kneeling.

You weren't. The likes of scuzzer have to hyperbolize the reaction in order to have even a semblance of a stance. Then they take it straight to racial resentment because they think that means they get to stop thinking and declare victory.

Most everyone who had problems with Kaep's protest was mostly about how muddled and poorly thought out it was, and they simply observed that it was muddled and poorly thought out.

I wish people would think about the consequences of their stances. When you demonstrate for dignity, what kind of message is it to say 'if you won't let me disavow the nation and it's flag, I guess the only other thing I can think of is looting and violence.' What does that say about your own self-esteem? The amount of effort you are willing to put into eloquence and leading by example?

DaneMcCloud
06-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Teams don't typically back ass into HOF caliber QB's back to back the way the Packers did. I'd always take the bird in the hand.

True, but the Saints are looking at a rebuild beginning next year because they're likely to lose Brees and/or Kamara.

If they trade Brees (which would be difficult because of the cap), they can afford Kamara and possibly be in a position to draft one of the top 3 QB's in next year's draft.

Regardless, they're looking at a lockeroom mess and there's no way they trade Michael Thomas.

dj56dt58
06-03-2020, 04:55 PM
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military. He completely spun it into something it wasn't and that's what he's getting smacked around for by other athletes.

It does when you do it during the anthem dumbass. Apparently you have to agree with how black people protest or they get butt hurt. This whole thing turned into a joke once the riots started. There are a lot of protestors out there doing it the right way but they are being overshadowed now

staylor26
06-03-2020, 05:02 PM
It does when you do it during the anthem dumbass. Apparently you have to agree with how black people protest or they get butt hurt. This whole thing turned into a joke once the riots started. There are a lot of protestors out there doing it the right way but they are being overshadowed now

That’s the thing. This is on the messenger for having a method of protest that made no sense and completely changed the conversation.

Between the pig socks, the Castro shirt (and defense of him/it), AND the kneeling fiasco it’s pretty obvious that Kaep is disingenuous and a terrible messenger.

smithandrew051
06-03-2020, 05:03 PM

Is this really the message that needs to be sent right now? Why pick this battle, now of all times?

We agree 100% that Brees’s timing was absolutely terrible for the comment that he made. He has to understand how that particular comment is going to interpreted/received at this moment in time.

That said, I don’t see anything all that controversial about saying you disagree with someone’s method of protest. Just like it’s someone else’s right to protest within the confines of the law, it’s also your right to disagree with said protest.

BigCatDaddy
06-03-2020, 05:04 PM
True, but the Saints are looking at a rebuild beginning next year because they're likely to lose Brees and/or Kamara.

If they trade Brees (which would be difficult because of the cap), they can afford Kamara and possibly be in a position to draft one of the top 3 QB's in next year's draft.

Regardless, they're looking at a lockeroom mess and there's no way they trade Michael Thomas.

Tough spot for sure. 12-1 odds to win the SB with Brees. Getting back to level isn't an easy task. I'd have to say they go back to the pack at 25-1 without him. Maybe I'm just jaded after reliving Krause break up the Bulls thinking a rebuild would be easy :shrug: Go for it while you can.

ILChief
06-03-2020, 05:06 PM
I just hope this season isn’t all about anthem crap again. Not because I’m offended by it, but it was all anyone talked about a couple of years ago

ILChief
06-03-2020, 05:09 PM
Drew should take them on a tour of all the homes he’s built for the impoverished minorities down there, then show them a statement from his accountant regarding all of his charity contributions

Bill gates has spent billions helping impoverished people but he is responsible for the coronavirus according to half my Facebook friends

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Bill gates has spent billions helping impoverished people but he is responsible for the coronavirus according to half my Facebook friends

I take it you scorn the criticism and disparagement of Brees and Gates equally?

mdstu
06-03-2020, 05:17 PM
I'd like to know the context of Bree's statement and/or if he was asked a specific question.

However, I'd rather suck a hobos cock than click on a link from PFT.

RunKC
06-03-2020, 05:20 PM

1 pick from Mahomes. Thank God we traded up.

Can’t imagine how lucky those bastards would be going from Brees to Mahomes. Hope we get that lucky when it’s time for Pat to hang it up

FloridaMan88
06-03-2020, 05:27 PM
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military.

So why kneel during the National Anthem?

Take a knee on the first play on offense, take a knee during the coin toss... why take a knee during the brief part of a 3+ hour game when attention/respect is specifically directed to the flag if his protest has “jack shit” to do with the flag?

TwistedChief
06-03-2020, 05:27 PM

ROFL Funny because it's true.

Brees decided to take it back to kneeling as if that really disrespected the flag. As if that's a battle we needed to re-litigate at this very point.

It's wonderful that he's given millions of dollars to charity. But he's absolutely also one of the top role models in the NFL. I'm now living in Lafayette, Indiana which is the home of Purdue and I have 4 male teenage nephews that idolize him. This is a thoughtless message to send right now that absolutely muddles and obscures the pertinent issues.

I love Drew Brees, but this was fucking dumb.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 05:35 PM
No, you worthless ****, you obviously can’t have a calm political discussion because you admitted yourself that you get way too emotional. That’s why your passive aggressive bleeding isn’t needed and political shit isn’t supposed to be in the lounge, as well. So change your tampon out, because toxic shock is real.

Then explain to me, how I was beside myself with the kneeling. You find a post of me bitching about the kneeling, with me beside myself from it. I will donate $100 to whatever cause you want, if you can’t find it you can donate the same amount to my pick.

Feel free to address my actual point instead of just launching into personal attacks.

People like you are the problem. Stop enabling racist double standards.

Easy 6
06-03-2020, 05:35 PM
I'm now living in Lafayette, Indiana which is the home of Purdue

Don’t forget Axl Rose

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 05:37 PM
**** off troll, this has been explained over and over to you. None of your assertions are accurate, and they say a lot more about you than those you try to smear.

Lol you've never once tried to explain, in plain English - why kneeling in protest of police brutality is offensive to the troops or flag or w/e - but "home of the CHIEFS" is not.

Go ahead. I'm listening.

When you're done here why don't you go whitesplain it to Malcom Jenkins? He clearly needs to be educated on the subject.

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 05:38 PM

"Disrespecting the troops" seems like and extremely malleable and arbitrary standard to me. If kneeling, which Kaep specially said he was doing out of respect for the troops, is disrespectful to the troops or flag - then why isn't "Home of the CHIEFS"? Who makes these rules? Oh wait, I know who.I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think kneeling during the Anthem to protest racial injustice is one of the most American things that an athlete can do.

Soldiers sacrificed, and sometimes gave their lives to protect the rights of American citizens. Exercising the rights that so many fought for is honoring those that sacrificed, not disrespecting them.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Easy 6
06-03-2020, 05:39 PM

Your comparison is flatly ridiculous

TwistedChief
06-03-2020, 05:41 PM
Don’t forget Axl Rose

He used to sleep on my aunt’s couch. This town is full of Axl and Blind Melon stories.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 05:41 PM
You weren't. The likes of scuzzer have to hyperbolize the reaction in order to have even a semblance of a stance. Then they take it straight to racial resentment because they think that means they get to stop thinking and declare victory.

Most everyone who had problems with Kaep's protest was mostly about how muddled and poorly thought out it was, and they simply observed that it was muddled and poorly thought out.

I wish people would think about the consequences of their stances. When you demonstrate for dignity, what kind of message is it to say 'if you won't let me disavow the nation and it's flag, I guess the only other thing I can think of is looting and violence.' What does that say about your own self-esteem? The amount of effort you are willing to put into eloquence and leading by example?

Typical Babble Lee dissembling BS.

Plenty of people were hopping mad about the kneeling. I know people whose whole family stopped watching the NFL because of it. Trump fanned the flames as always and really blew up the whole issue with his "Get that son of a bitch off the field". My stepdad's family in AZ all stopped watching the NFL over it.

But let's just pretend like none of that ever happened.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Brees decided to take it back to kneeling as if that really disrespected the flag. As if that's a battle we needed to re-litigate at this very point.

This, exactly. The Brees discussion is about kneeling.

And I still haven't and will never get a straight answer on why kneeling is so disrespectful, but "home of the CHIEFS" or stuff like POTUS dry-humping the US flag - is not.

It's all bullshit. It's the exact same double-standard shit people are protesting now. I can get pulled over by the cops and never have to worry about being choked to death, because I'm white. That's the entire point of this week of chaos. For Brees to think right now is a good time to go after kneeling is incomprehensible.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 05:50 PM
https://unstuckpolitics.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/c/9/c952147df57417551fae4548edddba0d876d4ec8_2_828x1000.jpeg

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 05:50 PM
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think kneeling during the Anthem to protest racial injustice is one of the most American things that an athlete can do.

Soldiers sacrificed, and sometimes gave their lives to protect the rights of American citizens. Exercising the rights that so many fought for is honoring those that sacrificed, not disrespecting them.

That should make the Westboro Baptists protesting at military funerals the MOST PATRIOTIC EVER!!

Beef Supreme
06-03-2020, 05:52 PM
Kneeling during the anthem seems better than burning down a Fudruckers.

Sassy Squatch
06-03-2020, 05:52 PM
ROFL Funny because it's true.

It's wonderful that he's given millions of dollars to charity. But he's absolutely also one of the top role models in the NFL. I'm now living in Lafayette, Indiana which is the home of Purdue and I have 4 male teenage nephews that idolize him. This is a thoughtless message to send right now that absolutely muddles and obscures the pertinent issues.

I love Drew Brees, but this was fucking dumb.
To be fair, the interviewer asked him about Kaepernick and others kneeling back in 2016 and the expectation that it will happen again this season.

TwistedChief
06-03-2020, 05:56 PM
To be fair, the interviewer asked him about Kaepernick and others kneeling back in 2016 and the expectation that it will happen again this season.

Sure, but his view doesn't change. And for a lot of people, that's the problem. It's like his view is frozen in ice regardless of the evolution of the situation.

I thought the Malcolm Jenkins response was very powerful. Maybe it's not how some of you feel, but are you saying he's just too sensitive? Or is it more likely it's just difficult to empathize with what black people experience?

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 06:04 PM
That should make the Westboro Baptists protesting at military funerals the MOST PATRIOTIC EVER!!No one was kneeling directly on a grave. There is such a thing as context, don't be obtuse.

Mocking the death of a fallen soldier is within the rights protected by the first amendment. And I wouldn't have a problem if they rolled up an hour after the burial, and protested, but because the members of the soldier's family are directly harmed by the protests, I have an issue with it.

But, I have never heard nor seen any family members of fallen soldiers talking about the pain and anguish that kneeling football players are causing them directly, and to my knowledge no family member of a fallen soldier has ever said so in any interview.

New World Order
06-03-2020, 06:05 PM
We shall protest the flag and what it stands for (like giving us the freedom to kneel)

https://tromoticons.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/raptor.jpg?w=154

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Sure, but his view doesn't change. And for a lot of people, that's the problem. It's like his view is frozen in ice regardless of the evolution of the situation.

I thought the Malcolm Jenkins response was very powerful. Maybe it's not how some of you feel, but are you saying he's just too sensitive? Or is it more likely it's just difficult to empathize with what black people experience?

Or is it more likely that Brees does empathize with what black people experience, but he has his own experience regarding reverence for the flag and the anthem that Malcolm doesn't quite feel.

It's tough to be critical when people are emotional and trying to express themselves, but not doing a great job. But Malcolm says BOTH that his relationship with the anthem and flag aren't as rosy as he assumes Brees' is, AND that he was 'just trying to raise awareness.'

Remember that old commercial where the husband takes a sip of coffee and says 'mmm, good coffee' and the wife then goes into a depressive funk because 'he always used to say GREAT coffee?' Sometimes people take anything less than complete and undivided acclaim as total rejection.

And sometimes people get overly invested in their own intentions and lose sight of how they hurt others. And that's an ironic blindspot to have when you are seeking empathy and connectedness.

The presentation of the flag and the playing of the anthem is supposed to a moment where everyone forgets all other concerns and remind themselves for a moment of what connects us. And if you kneel, or turn your back, or sit on an exercycle, . . . WHATEVER IT IS YOU INTEND TO SAY, you are saying at that moment 'this moment of unity is not for me.'

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 06:14 PM
No one was kneeling directly on a grave. There is such a thing as context, don't be obtuse.

Mocking the death of a fallen soldier is within the rights protected by the first amendment. And I wouldn't have a problem if they rolled up an hour after the burial, and protested, but because the members of the soldier's family are directly harmed by the protests, I have an issue with it.

But, I have never heard nor seen any family members of fallen soldiers talking about the pain and anguish that kneeling football players are causing them directly, and to my knowledge no family member of a fallen soldier has ever said so in any interview.

But you said that protest is what they fought and died for. By your exact reasoning, a protest at a funeral is the ultimate patriotic act.

It's not obtuse, it's applying your reasoning, . . unless you concede your reasoning is obtuse.

I mean, all Brees is saying that his family is hurt by people kneeling during the anthem, given their service. So he personally wouldn't do it. But the caveat of personal direct harm doesn't appear in your initial proclamation.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 06:20 PM
A separate observation on Jenkins. He alleges that the first thing Brees wanted to do after the week of protests, looting and riots, was criticize something from 4 years ago.

That doesn't seem fair, as he was answering a question posed directly to him, unless MJ has evidence Brees requested the question be asked.

TwistedChief
06-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Or is it more likely that Brees does empathize with what black people experience, but he has his own experience regarding reverence for the flag and the anthem that Malcolm doesn't quite feel.

It's tough to be critical when people are emotional and trying to express themselves, but not doing a great job. But Malcolm says BOTH that his relationship with the anthem and flag aren't as rosy as he assumes Brees' is, AND that he was 'just trying to raise awareness.'

Remember that old commercial where the husband takes a sip of coffee and says 'mmm, good coffee' and the wife then goes into a depressive funk because 'he always used to say GREAT coffee?' Sometimes people take anything less than complete and undivided acclaim as total rejection.

And sometimes people get overly invested in their own intentions and lose sight of how they hurt others. And that's an ironic blindspot to have when you are seeking empathy and connectedness.

The presentation of the flag and the playing of the anthem is supposed to a moment where everyone forgets all other concerns and remind themselves for a moment of what connects us. And if you kneel, or turn your back, or sit on an exercycle, . . . WHATEVER IT IS YOU INTEND TO SAY, you are saying at that moment 'this moment of unity is not for me.'

One can think they're empathizing, but that doesn't just make it so. I make plenty of money in my job and give plenty of money away to charity. I'd like to say that I empathize with those less fortunate but I'm 100% certain I have blind spots I'm not aware of. I think we all do.

I absolutely think Drew Brees is a good person. I absolutely do not think Drew Brees is a racist at all. But I do think he made some thoughtless comments at an inopportune time that are both hurtful for many and counterproductive. I suspect we'll see a genuine mea culpa in the next 24hrs.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 06:24 PM
One can think they're empathizing, but that doesn't just make it so. I make plenty of money in my job and give plenty of money away to charity. I'd like to say that I empathize with those less fortunate but I'm 100% certain I have blind spots I'm not aware of. I think we all do.

I absolutely think Drew Brees is a good person. I absolutely do not think Drew Brees is a racist at all. But I do think he made some thoughtless comments at an inopportune time that are both hurtful for many and counterproductive. I suspect we'll see a genuine mea culpa in the next 24hrs.

Why are Brees' comments thoughtless and hurtful, but people who criticize his concerns aren't?

TwistedChief
06-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Why are Brees' comments thoughtless and hurtful, but people who criticize his concerns aren't?

Because there are some people in this country suffering due to systemic racism who are set back because of his comments. Brees is not suffering from this inherent issue.

Hence, the protests you may have heard about. Genuine suffering and struggle versus a tone deaf majority who often feign empathy without making any dent in the problem.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Because there are some people in this country suffering due to systemic racism who are set back because of his comments. Brees is not suffering from this inherent issue.

Hence, the protests you may have heard about. Genuine suffering and struggle versus a tone deaf majority who often feign empathy without making any dent in the problem.

No issues are set back by Brees' comments.
And people's empathy isn't feigned just because the world is imperfect.
You think you are empathetic because you advocate for a single narrative. But you miss all the empathy you are rejecting by insisting on the soveriegnty of that single narrative.

Year and years the complaints have continued, and the message has overwhelmingly been 'I'm mad, fix it, or I'm going to get more mad.'

That is an expression of sentiment. It's an expression of intentions. But it's not a plan, or even a roadmap to satisfaction.

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 06:42 PM
Why are Brees' comments thoughtless and hurtful, but people who criticize his concerns aren't?It isn't necessarily his feelings towards the flag or anthem that are hurtful, but his statement lends a very public face to the sentiment that racism isn't really a problem in this country, and the protests are unwarranted.

I am absolutely not saying that is what he believes, or said, but the people out there, or the racists out there, will seem validated by his statement.

He probably should have just deflected the question, and spoken about standing with his teammates, condemning the death of Floyd, etc. Not because what he said was inherently wrong, but the current climate calls for a message of unity, and his friends and coworkers are largely comprised of the community most hurt by the systemic racism in this country.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 06:49 PM
It isn't necessarily his feelings towards the flag or anthem that are hurtful, but his statement lends a very public face to the sentiment that racism isn't really a problem in this country, and the protests are unwarranted.

I am absolutely not saying that is what he believes, or said, but the people out there, or the racists out there, will seem validated by his statement.

He probably should have just deflected the question, and spoken about standing with his teammates, condemning the death of Floyd, etc. Not because what he said was inherently wrong, but the current climate calls for a message of unity, and his friends and coworkers are largely comprised of the community most hurt by the systemic racism in this country.

That has nothing to do with what he said outside your own imagination.

You guys are stuck in this rhetorical rut where you think that the message is so sanctified that the medium should not be open to criticism.

People aren't rejecting the notion that police shouldn't kill in the course of their job. They are saying 'well then why does the manner you seek to raise awareness look EXACTLY like you reject every aspect of America.'

Make your message clear, free it from distractions, and offer up at least a modicum of a roadmap to satisfaction. It's called effective communication. And when you say 'the only things I can think of is either rejecting the flag or rioting' it puts reasonable people at their wits end as to how to make progress.

FloridaMan88
06-03-2020, 06:50 PM
It isn't necessarily his feelings towards the flag or anthem that are hurtful, but his statement lends a very public face to the sentiment that racism isn't really a problem in this country, and the protests are unwarranted.

Wow talk about an epic, dumbshit projection. JFC :rolleyes:

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 06:51 PM
But you said that protest is what they fought and died for. By your exact reasoning, a protest at a funeral is the ultimate patriotic act.

It's not obtuse, it's applying your reasoning, . . unless you concede your reasoning is obtuse.

I mean, all Brees is saying that his family is hurt by people kneeling during the anthem, given their service. So he personally wouldn't do it. But the caveat of personal direct harm doesn't appear in your initial proclamation.No, my reasoning is solid. And I explained the difference between the two acts. Phelps was directly, and purposely causing pain and anguish to the family members of the fallen soldiers, as he organized the protests to take place during the funerals or burials. He acted with malice and stirred up hatred.

But, I also said his protests are also protected by the 1st Amendment.

The difference is that kneeling athletes did not purposely cause pain and anguish to the family of fallen soldiers, they kneeled at their own place of work, and they did so silently. Their act of kneeling was in defense of the rights of others. Why would any soldier be offended by that?

Saying that Kap, and other athletes are the same as Phelps, is just semantics and playing word games.

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Wow talk about an epic, dumbshit projection. JFC :rolleyes:Yeah, cause that's what I was doing, projecting. If you don't think that racists will point to the statements by Brees to bolster their argument or beliefs, you are just being willfully ignorant of the situation.

TwistedChief
06-03-2020, 06:54 PM
No issues are set back by Brees' comments.
And people's empathy isn't feigned just because the world is imperfect.
You think you are empathetic because you advocate for a single narrative. But you miss all the empathy you are rejecting by insisting on the soveriegnty of that single narrative.

Year and years the complaints have continued, and the message has overwhelmingly been 'I'm mad, fix it, or I'm going to get more mad.'

That is an expression of sentiment. It's an expression of intentions. But it's not a plan, or even a roadmap to satisfaction.

Are you sure no issues were set back? Here we are arguing about kneeling again and the main issue at hand is obscured. I think that's setback for the narrative, no?

How do you think change happens exactly? Let's take an extreme. The BLM movement protests in silence and no one knows about it. Is that a roadmap to satisfaction? Obviously not. Let's move down the spectrum and say players kneel between the 3rd and 4th quarters of every game. It gets some press brief press coverage, but does anyone really care? Do people notice? No. And then let's go to a scenario where players kneel for the anthem. Suddenly there's discussion and debate. Suddenly there's focus.

That absolutely seems like a much more reasonable roadmap to potential satisfaction than just sitting there in silence. I'm not saying it's some foolproof plan and it absolutely might not work, but it inspires discussion. The very fact that the debate there has been hijacked by Kaepernick's stupidity in wearing a Castro shirt or his mediocre ability on the field or his PR stunt a few months ago doesn't diminish the movement that's sprung from it. And I would hope that most of you might agree after the last few weeks that it's a worthy conversation to have, in the least.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 06:59 PM
No, my reasoning is solid. And I explained the difference between the two acts. Phelps was directly, and purposely causing pain and anguish to the family members of the fallen soldiers, as he organized the protests to take place during the funerals or burials. He acted with malice and stirred up hatred.

But, I also said his protests are also protected by the 1st Amendment.

The difference is that kneeling athletes did not purposely cause pain and anguish to the family of fallen soldiers, they kneeled at their own place of work, and they did so silently. Their act of kneeling was in defense of the rights of others. Why would any soldier be offended by that?

Saying that Kap, and other athletes are the same as Phelps, is just semantics and playing word games.

Brees' entire point was about respecting the pain soldiers experienced seeing the flag and anthem presentation being disregarded. Your position is that the soldiers shouldn't be pained and should be gratified instead because protest is occurring. First off, that is policing the emotions of the soldiers in a manner your seem loathe to do to . . . other aggrieved entities. Second, if protest at solemn occasions is patriotism, then the purposes of the protest or the nature of the solemn occasion should not matter, . . . again according to your logic.

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 07:00 PM
Are you sure no issues were set back? Here we are arguing about kneeling again and the main issue at hand is obscured. I think that's setback for the narrative, no?

How do you think change happens exactly? Let's take an extreme. The BLM movement protests in silence and no one knows about it. Is that a roadmap to satisfaction? Obviously not. Let's move down the spectrum and say players kneel between the 3rd and 4th quarters of every game. It gets some press brief press coverage, but does anyone really care? Do people notice? No. And then let's go to a scenario where players kneel for the anthem. Suddenly there's discussion and debate. Suddenly there's focus.

That absolutely seems like a much more reasonable roadmap to potential satisfaction than just sitting there in silence. I'm not saying it's some foolproof plan and it absolutely might not work, but it inspires discussion. The very fact that the debate there has been hijacked by Kaepernick's stupidity in wearing a Castro shirt or his mediocre ability on the field or his PR stunt a few months ago doesn't diminish the movement that's sprung from it. And I would hope that most of you might agree after the last few weeks that it's a worthy conversation to have, in the least.Yes. I don't know why these people are saying that oh, I'm sorry the police needlessly killed another black person, but this rioting and looting has to stop, but they should be saying I'm sorry that there is rioting and looting, but the police needlessly killing black people has to stop.

Setsuna
06-03-2020, 07:01 PM
Football players aren't exactly the smartest people in the world. And some of the smartest people in the world are the dumbest. People are amazing aren't they?

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 07:06 PM
Brees' entire point was about respecting the pain soldiers experienced seeing the flag and anthem presentation being disregarded. Your position is that the soldiers shouldn't be pained and should be gratified instead because protest is occurring. First off, that is policing the emotions of the soldiers in a manner your seem loathe to do to . . . other aggrieved entities. Second, if protest at solemn occasions is patriotism, then the purposes of the protest or the nature of the solemn occasion should not matter, . . . again according to your logic.You are just playing with words and not understanding, or purposely ignoring, the point and the differences between protesting against LGBTQ+ rights at a soldier's funeral, and what the players were doing by peacefully kneeling during the Anthem.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 07:07 PM

That absolutely seems like a much more reasonable roadmap to potential satisfaction than just sitting there in silence. I'm not saying it's some foolproof plan and it absolutely might not work, but it inspires discussion. The very fact that the debate there has been hijacked by Kaepernick's stupidity in wearing a Castro shirt or his mediocre ability on the field or his PR stunt a few months ago doesn't diminish the movement that's sprung from it. And I would hope that most of you might agree after the last few weeks that it's a worthy conversation to have, in the least.

I think we miscommunicated. When I'm talking about a roadmap to satisfaction, I'm talking about 'what exactly will make you go from mad to not mad.' I'm not talking about a roadmap to attention.

I've said since the issue first came up, Kaep's activities are productive for attention, but are useless for productive progress. This is because he muddied the message by casting aspersions on the most general, universal and unifying of our national symbols. This is also because he didn't have anything with metrics, except that things that have already happened should not have happened.

People largely agree that a lot of these things should not have happened, but no one has a time machine.

Further there are thorny and ominous subtexts to the things that get talked about, but never really advocated, around this issue. Do we end law enforcement? Do we end laws? Do we end individual autonomy? HOW do we make sure nothing ever goes wrong again? Is that even possible? How do we improve? Will improvement even be appreciated, particularly if it falls short of perfection.

None of this is easy, . . . except turning your back on the national symbols and letting the rest of society do your advocating for you.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 07:08 PM
You are just playing with words and not understanding, or purposely ignoring, the point and the differences between protesting against LGBTQ+ rights at a soldier's funeral, and what the players were doing by peacefully kneeling during the Anthem.

So it's not protesting itself, but what specifically you protest and whether or not ChiefsFanatic is on board?

Al Bundy
06-03-2020, 07:10 PM
That should make the Westboro Baptists protesting at military funerals the MOST PATRIOTIC EVER!!

Talk about making a huge stretch.......

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 07:11 PM
Talk about making a huge stretch.......

I'm not advocating that, ChiefsFanatic is.

mr. tegu
06-03-2020, 07:12 PM

Your poor feelings!

TwistedChief
06-03-2020, 07:14 PM
I think we miscommunicated. When I'm talking about a roadmap to satisfaction, I'm talking about 'what exactly will make you go from mad to not mad.' I'm not talking about a roadmap to attention.

I've said since the issue first came up, Kaep's activities are productive for attention, but are useless for productive progress. This is because he muddied the message by casting aspersions on the most general, universal and unifying of our national symbols. This is also because he didn't have anything with metrics, except that things that have already happened should not have happened.

People largely agree that a lot of these things should not have happened, but no one has a time machine.

Further there are thorny and ominous subtexts to the things that get talked about, but never really advocated, around this issue. Do we end law enforcement? Do we end laws? Do we end individual autonomy? HOW do we make sure nothing ever goes wrong again? Is that even possible? How do we improve? Will improvement even be appreciated, particularly if it falls short of perfection.

None of this is easy, . . . except turning your back on the national symbols and letting the rest of society do your advocating for you.

I was with you until the last sentence. He tried to effect change in an imperfect way. He started a national dialogue.

We can both agree that none of it is easy. Drew Brees is asked how the NFL is going to respond to all of this and the first thing he brings up is his views on kneeling. That seems tone deaf and a view cast in stone. There were more diplomatic answers, and I think he deserves a lot of the blowback he's getting right now.

Just wait until Mahomes kneels next year and y'all have to make some imaginary choice in your minds between your golden boy and your country. LMAO

mr. tegu
06-03-2020, 07:32 PM

What’s powerful about “agree with my terms of how to protest or I will label you as part of the problem?”

TwistedChief
06-03-2020, 07:37 PM
What’s powerful about “agree with my terms of how to protest or I will label you as part of the problem?”

Because it’s a black person who has every reason - both personally and professionally - to respect Drew Brees responding in an honest, reasoned, and thoughtful way?

mr. tegu
06-03-2020, 07:40 PM
That has nothing to do with what he said outside your own imagination.

You guys are stuck in this rhetorical rut where you think that the message is so sanctified that the medium should not be open to criticism.

People aren't rejecting the notion that police shouldn't kill in the course of their job. They are saying 'well then why does the manner you seek to raise awareness look EXACTLY like you reject every aspect of America.'

Make your message clear, free it from distractions, and offer up at least a modicum of a roadmap to satisfaction. It's called effective communication. And when you say 'the only things I can think of is either rejecting the flag or rioting' it puts reasonable people at their wits end as to how to make progress.

Plenty of people justify the looting with destroying property because they claim those people treat properly better than black people. That’s a real hard pass given the treatment issues black people have towards each other. That and the fact that people (media, outrage, company statements, etc.) only care when a white cop kills a black person but not the other way around makes it much harder to sympathize with their cries for equality.

mr. tegu
06-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Yes. I don't know why these people are saying that oh, I'm sorry the police needlessly killed another black person, but this rioting and looting has to stop, but they should be saying I'm sorry that there is rioting and looting, but the police needlessly killing black people has to stop.

What about needless killing white people?

mr. tegu
06-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Because it’s a black person who has every reason - both personally and professionally - to respect Drew Brees responding in an honest, reasoned, and thoughtful way?

There is nothing reasonable about the position he seems to hold of agree with my form of protest or be labeled part of the problem.

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 08:24 PM
What about needless killing white people?Yes, mr. tegu, all killing is bad. Grow TF up. The United States hasn't been oppressing white people since before its was a country.

Let me guess, you use the all lives matter hash tag just to feel like you are better than others, don't you?

jaa1025
06-03-2020, 08:32 PM

Yes, mr. tegu, all killing is bad. Grow TF up. The United States hasn't been oppressing white people since before its was a country.

Let me guess, you use the all lives matter hash tag just to feel like you are better than others, don't you?

Hasn’t been oppressing white people? Being a white male is a sin in today’s America.

DaneMcCloud
06-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Hasn’t been oppressing white people? Being a white male is a sin in today’s America.

And there it is

mr. tegu
06-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Yes, mr. tegu, all killing is bad. Grow TF up. The United States hasn't been oppressing white people since before its was a country.

I’m just fascinated that people only care when it’s a very specific set of circumstances around police killing that lead to national discussions on police brutality. But when you view some killings as worst than others because of history like you do, it does add a little helpful context. George Floyd might even be alive today if when the video of the person in Dallas came out last year media and other people who claim to care about police brutality would have made a bigger deal about it to start a national discussion.

Setsuna
06-03-2020, 08:50 PM

I'm just going to go ahead and put an end to this nonsense. Are you black?

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 08:57 PM

Lol - you just said what the others are too smart to say out loud.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 09:00 PM
Still waiting for an answer as to why kneeling is disrespecting the troops and/or flag - but "Home of the CHIEFS" is not.

I noticed Babble Lee and the other dude - who I can't recall anything he's ever posted before but apparently knows me really well - kind gave up on going down that road.

ChiefsFanatic
06-03-2020, 09:00 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and put an end to this nonsense. Are you black?Are you going to school me on systemic racism based on the color of my skin?

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 09:01 PM
You are just playing with words and not understanding, or purposely ignoring...

You just summed up every Baby Lee argument.

Eagerly awaiting 4 paragraphs of deflectionary nonsense to prove my point.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 09:04 PM
Still waiting for an answer as to why kneeling is disrespecting the troops and/or flag - but "Home of the CHIEFS" is not.

I noticed Babble Lee and the other dude - who I can't recall anything he's ever posted before but apparently knows me really well - kind gave up on going down that road.

Nah, just done with you. My take is on this forum. In the esteemed words of your attention raisers, . . . educate yourself.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-03-2020, 09:14 PM
They're all getting too much pussy

DaneMcCloud
06-03-2020, 09:15 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and put an end to this nonsense. Are you black?

Nonsense? If you want to see nonsense, look in the mirror

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2020, 09:24 PM
Brees' entire point was about respecting the pain soldiers experienced seeing the flag and anthem presentation being disregarded. Your position is that the soldiers shouldn't be pained and should be gratified instead because protest is occurring. First off, that is policing the emotions of the soldiers in a manner your seem loathe to do to . . . other aggrieved entities. Second, if protest at solemn occasions is patriotism, then the purposes of the protest or the nature of the solemn occasion should not matter, . . . again according to your logic.

Kneeling, in no way, disrespects the flag or the anthem. Even you understand that.

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2020, 09:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/drewbrees?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@drewbrees</a> SMH. You represent New Orleans Louisiana. Don’t ever forget that! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bottomofthemap?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bottomofthemap</a></p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1268276557501607936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Nah, just done with you. My take is on this forum. In the esteemed words of your attention raisers, . . . educate yourself.

Lol at dodging the most simple, straightforward question. Shows your true colors - pure smarmy bad faith. When you know you can't win - bail.

I'll give you one more chance - why is kneeling disrespecting the flag and/or the troops - but "home of the CHIEFS" is not?

Should be super easy to poke holes in my argument, no?

ThaVirus
06-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Kneeling, in no way, disrespects the flag or the anthem. Even you understand that.

I had a debate with him back when the kneeling was going on. To Babs, the flag represents the police force lol

Imagine feeling that way.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 09:39 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

Not kneeling - still vilified.

Smith and Carlos were largely ostracized by the US sporting establishment and they were subject to criticism. Time magazine on October 25, 1968, wrote: "'Faster, Higher, Stronger' is the motto of the Olympic Games. 'Angrier, nastier, uglier' better describes the scene in Mexico City last week."[18][19] Back home, both Smith and Carlos were subject to abuse and they and their families received death threats.[20] Brent Musburger, a writer for the Chicago American before rising to prominence at CBS Sports and ESPN, described Smith and Carlos as "a couple of black-skinned storm troopers" who were "ignoble," "juvenile," and "unimaginative."[21]

But hey, just takes 40 years for the public to come around.

Smith and Carlos received an Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2008 ESPY Awards honoring their action.[27]

staylor26
06-03-2020, 09:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/drewbrees?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@drewbrees</a> SMH. You represent New Orleans Louisiana. Don’t ever forget that! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bottomofthemap?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bottomofthemap</a></p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1268276557501607936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is a very reasonable response.

staylor26
06-03-2020, 09:49 PM

But wearing a Castro shirt and pig socks was disrespectful and flat out hypocritical.

He’s a phony. His method of protest made no sense and distracted from his message. He never had anything of value to say. No real solutions.

Loser.

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2020, 09:50 PM
I had a debate with him back when the kneeling was going on. To Babs, the flag represents the police force lol

I can't imagine he's actually that stupid.

On a related note, it's interesting to see him post in the lounge. I think he spends most of his time on the DC side.

suzzer99
06-03-2020, 09:51 PM
Yeah he doesn't really like to engage on equal footing.

I think he's just waiting for this thread to get moved to DC where the toothless zombies like jaa can swarm and gum it to death.

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2020, 09:51 PM
But wearing a Castro shirt and pig socks was disrespectful and flat out hypocritical.

He’s a phony. He method of protest made no sense and distracted from his message. He never had anything of value to say. No real solutions.

Loser.Yeah, I'm not going to defend either of those. But, that's him. A lot of players knelt without those things and were clearly not being disrespectful to the flag or anthem.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 09:52 PM

Are you mistaken, or are you lying? I have an educated guess.

staylor26
06-03-2020, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I'm not going to defend either of those. But, that's him. A lot of players knelt without those things and were clearly not being disrespectful to the flag or anthem.

I have absolutely no problem with the kneeling.

Just think it didn’t make much sense and distracted from the issue which he also failed to ever really address or provide solutions too.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Yeah he doesn't really like to engage on equal footing.

I think he's just waiting for this thread to get moved to DC where the toothless zombies like jaa can swarm and gum it to death.

This from the guy who welched on a pledge to leave, then went around the internet recruiting minions to brigade the forum.

All you want is war. If someone says something reasonable, you reinterpret it for something inflammatory or confrontational.

You personify so much that is wrong with the world.

Chiefshrink
06-03-2020, 09:58 PM
This from the guy who welched on a pledge to leave, then went around the internet recruiting minions to brigade the forum.

All you want is war. If someone says something reasonable, you reinterpret it for something inflammatory or confrontational.

Dollars to donuts he supports ANTIFA if not an actual member.;)

Chiefshrink
06-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Kneeling, in no way, disrespects the flag or the anthem.

You go Karl Marx!!:thumb:

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 10:07 PM

The presentation of the flag and the performance of the anthem is, whatever you think of the worth or merit, intended as a moment of unified recognition of commonality. It's purpose is to say 'hey, take a pause and reflect on the good things we share.' If you kneel, or turn your back, or stay away, or ride an exercycle, purposefully to distinguish yourself from that moment, it indicates, whether intentional or not, that you wish to disassociate.

If that's truly not what you intend to do, you do something different.
If that's what you intend to do, but you feel you have good reason, state your reason.

If people find your conduct disrepectful, that's their right.

Remember when we have other conversations about how people should or shouldn't emotionally react to symbols or statements, and so many of you PASSIONATELY argued just that, that it is the right of the individual to respond to the symbol or statement or act, as their consciences dictates?

And again reiterating yet another thing I'm sure I've already said, just because I explain things so people can understand ALL sides, which is what we're supposed to be doing, doesn't mean I advocate, or certainly not that I'm passionate about, those specific things myself.

I've done enough eye-rolling and moving on at other stuff, the protest stuff doesn't really bother me one way or another.

But you lot are trying to police the individual responses of everyone, based on your particular perspective, which seems the opposite of empathy.

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2020, 10:14 PM
The presentation of the flag and the performance of the anthem is, whatever you think of the worth or merit, intended as a moment of unified recognition of commonality. It's purpose is to say 'hey, take a pause and reflect on the good things we share.' If you kneel, or turn your back, or stay away, or ride an exercycle, purposefully to distinguish yourself from that moment, it indicates, whether intentional or not, that you wish to disassociate.

If that's what you intend to do, but you feel you have good reason, state your reason.

Remember when we have other conversations about how people should or shouldn't emotionally react to symbols or statements, and so many of you PASSIONATELY argued just that, that it is the right of the individual to respond to the symbol or statement or act, as their consciences dictates?

And again reiterating yet another thing I'm sure I've already said, just because I explain things so people can understand ALL sides, which is what we're supposed to be doing, doesn't mean I advocate, or certainly not that I'm passionate about, those specific things myself.

I've done enough eye-rolling and moving on at other stuff, the protest stuff doesn't really bother me one way or another.

But you lot are trying to police the individual responses of everyone, based on your particular perspective, which seems the opposite of empathy.If they had meant to disrespect the flag or the anthem, wouldn't they have said just that? In all of the times I've heard or read players explaining their kneeling, I've not seen many/any? suggest they wish to disrespect the flag or the anthem. So, clearly, that is not their intention. I'd not suggest that someone else won't choose to perceive it that way (as is their right), but it certainly doesn't appear to be their intent.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 10:16 PM
If they had meant to disrespect the flag or the anthem, wouldn't they have said just that? In all of the times I've heard or read players explaining their kneeling, I've not seen many/any? suggest they wish to disrespect the flag or the anthem. So, clearly, that is not their intention. I'd not suggest that someone else won't choose to perceive it that way (as is their right), but it certainly doesn't appear to be their intent.

I'm not going to dig up the exact quote, but as for Kaep he said something very close to 'what they're doing with that flag and anthem, just wasn't something I could participate in.'

I'm not saying personally that the descriptor I would use is 'disrespectful,' but;

OR say whatever you like, but don't be surprised when people choose to react to it however they like.

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2020, 10:21 PM
I'm not going to dig up the exact quote, but as for Kaep he said something very close to 'what they're doing with that flag and anthem, just wasn't something I could participate in.'

I'm not saying personally that the descriptor I would use is 'disrespectful,l but;
I suppose if we define "disrespect" as "non-participation", then, yes, he's clearly being disrespectful.

I'm guessing the totality of things we disrespect through non-participation is close to innumerable.

Baby Lee
06-03-2020, 10:26 PM
I suppose if we define "disrespect" as "non-participation", then, yes, he's clearly being disrespectful.

I'm guessing the totality of things we disrespect through non-participation is close to innumerable.

I'd imagine non-participation in a moment of respect would rank pretty high, though. ROFL ROFL

Fat Elvis
06-03-2020, 11:27 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fu5K2cOeD4M" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dlphg9
06-03-2020, 11:44 PM
Wtf is this dumb fucking DC bullshit. Ban all of these stupid fucks. Jesus christ.

Sorry
06-04-2020, 01:19 AM

But you lot are trying to police the individual responses of everyone, based on your particular perspective, which seems the opposite of empathy.

You really like hearing yourself speak irl don’t you?

Sorry
06-04-2020, 01:21 AM

If it provides an earthquake to the white centric America world then it will always be vilified. Now get this Dc outta here

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-04-2020, 06:35 AM
Wtf is this dumb ****ing DC bullshit. Ban all of these stupid ****s. Jesus christ.

They've caught the gay and become inflamed with their own kind.

KChiefs1
06-04-2020, 06:37 AM
I wonder what he thinks of Drew Brees?

Al Bundy
06-04-2020, 07:28 AM
Makes it so much easier to root against Brees as a Bucs fan. I hope he blows that team the fuck up.

BleedingRed
06-04-2020, 07:46 AM
Makes it so much easier to root against Brees as a Bucs fan. I hope he blows that team the **** up.

Why the fuck is a bucs fan on our board?

suzzer99
06-04-2020, 08:09 AM

Lol yet again you don't even try to address the point - just stick to the personal attacks.

dlphg9
06-04-2020, 08:10 AM
Why the **** is a bucs fan on our board?

Probably not really a Bucs fan. Must be a Tom Brady fan boy.

Mecca
06-04-2020, 08:11 AM
[Aaron Rodgers] A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game. It has NEVER been about an anthem or a flag. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let’s educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action.

Yet Aaron Rodgers a dude who everyone seems to not like, understands the issue and how to answer the question appropriately.

suzzer99
06-04-2020, 08:17 AM
If it provides an earthquake to the white centric America world then it will always be vilified. Now get this Dc outta here

How exactly do you propose to keep politics out of a discussion of players kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality?

suzzer99
06-04-2020, 08:27 AM
Brees apologizes: 'Completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing' (https://www.tsn.ca/brees-apologizes-it-breaks-my-heart-to-know-the-pain-i-have-caused-1.1482959)

New Orleans Saints quarterback apologized on Thursday following backlash to his comments "that kneeling during the playing of the national anthem is a sign of disrespect."

"I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused," Brees wrote on Instagram.

"In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character. This is where I stand:

"I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference. I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.

"I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community. I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement. I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.

"I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.

"I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.

"For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness."

Msmith
06-04-2020, 10:27 AM
The forums of both teams, the Falcons and the Panthers, locked the threads about Brees' comments right away. It seems that they don't want their fans to talk about it.

staylor26
06-04-2020, 10:33 AM
[Aaron Rodgers] A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game. It has NEVER been about an anthem or a flag. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let’s educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action.

Yet Aaron Rodgers a dude who everyone seems to not like, understands the issue and how to answer the question appropriately.

Being hard headed doesn’t make you a bad person though. Rodgers is just better at being PC.

Mecca
06-04-2020, 10:37 AM
Being hard headed doesn’t make you a bad person though. Rodgers is just better at being PC.

Maybe so but you do have to understand when giving a PC answer is the right thing to do.

FloridaMan88
06-04-2020, 10:43 AM
“It’s never been about the anthem or flag”... so why not kneel during the coin toss? On the first play on offense?

During a 3+ hour football game why kneel during the two minutes when the focus IS on the anthem and flag if “it’s never been about the flag”?

Also let’s flash back to what LeBron James said three years ago about why NBA players don’t take a knee during the National Anthem...

When LeBron James voiced his opinion on the topic of anthem kneeling last month, saying “My voice and what I do in my community is more powerful than getting on a knee”

Al Bundy
06-04-2020, 10:53 AM
Probably not really a Bucs fan. Must be a Tom Brady fan boy.

You might want to check yourself.

RunKC
06-04-2020, 10:53 AM
It’s clearly about the flag. Rodgers is wrong. “Life, liberty and justice for all”. Kaepernick and the BLM movement is about the black community not receiving those things, whether you agree with it or not.

That’s why they kneel during the anthem. That and the attention it brings

ThaVirus
06-04-2020, 10:56 AM
I can't imagine he's actually that stupid.

On a related note, it's interesting to see him post in the lounge. I think he spends most of his time on the DC side.

Idk. This is close enough for me.

The point is, whether you or he realize it, the flag and the anthem represents all those people, all the institutions, all the ideals, all the history.

He didn't think about the breadth of his target when he chose it, just the profile of his act.

FloridaMan88
06-04-2020, 11:04 AM
It’s clearly about the flag. Rodgers is wrong. “Life, liberty and justice for all”. Kaepernick and the BLM movement is about the black community not receiving those things, whether you agree with it or not.

That’s why they kneel during the anthem. That and the attention it brings

Correct and that’s why NBA players... in supposedly the most “woke” sports league do NOT kneel during the anthem.

They do not want to make their message about the flag/anthem.

Baby Lee
06-04-2020, 11:04 AM
Idk. This is close enough for me.

That's because you are an idiot.

'All of it' 'all institutions' 'all ideals' 'all history' everything that unites us.

"He means just cops."

- Do better, I believe you can.

Mecca
06-04-2020, 11:09 AM
This is gonna sound bad but a lot of this is going to be about how he plays. His biggest issue is that he offended guys on his team. If he plays well they'll get over it for the most part because winning.

But lets not forget this is a guy who basically looked washed at the end of last year and he's 41. If he goes out there and he's not good anymore or he's just ok...then it will be worse. Guys won't give a fuck at that point.

ThaVirus
06-04-2020, 11:34 AM
That's because you are an idiot.

'All of it' 'all institutions' 'all ideals' 'all history' everything that unites us.

"He means just cops."

- Do better, I believe you can.

LMAO Don't get mad at me, bro. You're the one who said it.

Baby Lee
06-04-2020, 11:40 AM
LMAO Don't get mad at me, bro. You're the one who said it.

Maybe I overestimated you.

Apologies, idiot.

staylor26
06-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Maybe I overestimated you.

Apologies, idiot.

He’s a fucking moron that just loves to play contrarian.

Not only did he try to tell me that unrealistic and wishful thinking weren’t the same thing, he simultaneously tried to say that wishful thinking and optimism were. Wrong on both. Then he played his stupidity off like we were arguing semantics.

RealSNR
06-04-2020, 12:00 PM
This is gonna sound bad but a lot of this is going to be about how he plays. His biggest issue is that he offended guys on his team. If he plays well they'll get over it for the most part because winning.

But lets not forget this is a guy who basically looked washed at the end of last year and he's 41. If he goes out there and he's not good anymore or he's just ok...then it will be worse. Guys won't give a fuck at that point.

They can have washed up or.... Taysom Hill.

Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.

staylor26
06-04-2020, 12:03 PM
They can have washed up or.... Taysom Hill.

Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.

If they want to give there WR’s, OL, RB’s, and TE some tackling practice they could always play Jameis.

Mecca
06-04-2020, 12:04 PM
If they want to give there WR’s, OL, RB’s, and TE some tackling practice they could always play Jameis.

They made Bridgewater look competent so I assume Payton could make Winston look decent.

staylor26
06-04-2020, 12:07 PM
They made Bridgewater look competent so I assume Payton could make Winston look decent.

He could easily throw another 30+ TD’s in that offense.

But it’s coming with at least 15 INT’s (which would somehow still be a HUGE improvement).

Mecca
06-04-2020, 12:09 PM
At the end of the day the only part of this that truly matters in how it affects Drew Brees is his teammates.

Red Dawg
06-04-2020, 12:23 PM
Brees was right in everything he said.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-04-2020, 12:28 PM

In today’s world we can’t have differences of opinion. It’s a sad world right now

Setsuna
06-04-2020, 12:30 PM
Brees should have just went the Skittles route and said, "I'm just here so I don't get fined." Sad.

Spott
06-04-2020, 12:40 PM

I’m super offended by this. Your opinion has triggered me emotionally and I need to find a safe space. I’m going to call my parents and have them get an Uber to take me back home so I can play Fortnite until I feel safe again.

staylor26
06-04-2020, 12:41 PM
Aaaand just like that Michael Thomas accepts his apology publicly and everything is fine again

Baby Lee
06-04-2020, 12:42 PM

ETA - FD is a cowardly little bitch.

Baby Lee
06-04-2020, 12:43 PM
Aaaand just like that Michael Thomas accepts his apology publicly and everything is fine again

Cooler heads prevailed.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l41lZccR1oUigYeNa" width="480" height="304" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/lil-wayne-make-it-rain-fat-joe-l41lZccR1oUigYeNa">via GIPHY</a></p>

Rain Man
06-04-2020, 12:59 PM
I hate to stereotype, but why are so many wide receivers prima donnas? You'd think a guy with a big ego would have come up as a quarterback or running back rather than a position where they can't hog the ball.

It makes me really appreciate how awesome all of our wide receivers are. There's not an ego in the bunch. They're just a bunch of jolly fellows who enjoy life and winning.

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Brees was right in everything he said.Even Drew Brees disagrees with you.

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2020, 01:03 PM
I hate to stereotype, but why are so many wide receivers prima donnas? You'd think a guy with a big ego would have come up as a quarterback or running back rather than a position where they can't hog the ball.

It makes me really appreciate how awesome all of our wide receivers are. There's not an ego in the bunch. They're just a bunch of jolly fellows who enjoy life and winning.I'd take Michael Thomas in a heartbeat. So would Pat.

Baby Lee
06-04-2020, 01:04 PM
Even Drew Brees disagrees with you.

Why should Red Dawg listen to a white supremacist? ;)

Rain Man
06-04-2020, 01:04 PM
I'd take Michael Thomas in a heartbeat. So would Pat.

But he's not a jolly fellow. I want all jolly fellows on my team, and we can win a Super Bowl with a team of jolly fellows.

Baby Lee
06-04-2020, 01:05 PM
I'd take Michael Thomas in a heartbeat. So would Pat.

Pat and Andy might be good for Michael too, get his head straight.

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2020, 01:10 PM
But he's not a jolly fellow. I want all jolly fellows on my team, and we can win a Super Bowl with a team of jolly fellows.The thought that this post might exist makes Frank Clark angry.

FloridaMan88
06-04-2020, 01:27 PM

He probably remembered that the non-Brees alternative options for this season would be Taysom "Tim Tebow" Hill or Jameisnterception Winston.

RealSNR
06-04-2020, 02:00 PM

It makes me really appreciate how awesome all of our wide receivers are. There's not an ego in the bunch. They're just a bunch of jolly fellows who enjoy life and winning.

Of course they’re happy. Patrick Mahomes is their QB.

If you ain’t happy after that, you need to be taken in for a psychiatric evaluation

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2020, 02:02 PM
Of course they’re happy. Patrick Mahomes is their QB.

If you ain’t happy after that, you need to be taken in for a psychiatric evaluationThis. Michael Thomas should immediately demand his release and sign with the Chiefs for some sort of minimum.

Dude would be happy AF.

Perineum Ripper
06-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Feel free to address my actual point instead of just launching into personal attacks.

People like you are the problem. Stop enabling racist double standards.

You started the personal attacks, by calling me a dickface, do you not remember that? So you can get fucked on that, along with your shitty political takes being dragged into the lounge. You also accused me of being one of the people who was so upset by the kneeling, which was another stupid fucking statement on your end.

So tell me what was your actual point? Other than blaming people you don’t like, you bigoted fucking pile of shit?

How am I the problem? How do I enable racist double standards? You know absolutely nothing about what I do for other racial communities and have no idea what race I am. As far as I’m concerned, you are part of the fucking issue, with your never ending bullshit. Of, you are the moral standard for how everyone should be and if they don’t agree with your worthless ass, then they are horrible people.

So tell me, did you ever find my comments on how I felt about the kneeling?

Perineum Ripper
06-04-2020, 05:52 PM

You already told everyone the answer, you fucking moral beacon of what everyone should strive to be. White people make the rules is apparently.

If you really want my honest thoughts, I will give them to you. Would have done it from the start if you wouldn’t have done your passive aggressive bullshit from the start. You know like I said earlier, had a rational discussion with politics, that you can’t do.

suzzer99
06-04-2020, 05:59 PM
You started the personal attacks, by calling me a dickface, do you not remember that? So you can get ****ed on that, along with your shitty political takes being dragged into the lounge. You also accused me of being one of the people who was so upset by the kneeling, which was another stupid ****ing statement on your end.

So tell me what was your actual point? Other than blaming people you don’t like, you bigoted ****ing pile of shit?

How am I the problem? How do I enable racist double standards? You know absolutely nothing about what I do for other racial communities and have no idea what race I am. As far as I’m concerned, you are part of the ****ing issue, with your never ending bullshit. Of, you are the moral standard for how everyone should be and if they don’t agree with your worthless ass, then they are horrible people.

So tell me, did you ever find my comments on how I felt about the kneeling?

Nah dude you launched the first attack on me. Rewind the tape. I have no idea who you are, lurker? mult? boring DC poster I never noticed? but apparently you're some kind of anti-fanboy of me. I'm honored.

I've said the point a half dozen times. It couldn't be more clear. Why is Kaep kneeling disrespectful the flag or troops or w/e - but "home of the CHIEFS" is not? Simplest question in the world.

suzzer99
06-04-2020, 06:10 PM
You already told everyone the answer, you ****ing moral beacon of what everyone should strive to be. White people make the rules is apparently.

If you really want my honest thoughts, I will give them to you. Would have done it from the start if you wouldn’t have done your passive aggressive bullshit from the start. You know like I said earlier, had a rational discussion with politics, that you can’t do.

Lol this is now like a dozen paragraphs you've posted itt, all focused on me and how much I piss you off. Which somehow prevents you from addressing my points or discussing the topic at hand.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/njfcfP3rSsmzddREe3AZA64ORcovGSSUm5bbMxR90yehfBdyz0YiFjJ2vOv48KkcOr-QY0rISZA2_VsNO5iClss91ONkt9j5-7Vr06qbbdeFgYKsMLGszPC00Q

Cleavage
06-04-2020, 07:10 PM
One thing I know we all can agree on is how fine my big ol' tits are!

smithandrew051
06-04-2020, 07:49 PM
I believe in thing. Fuck you if you disagree.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-04-2020, 08:22 PM
I pledged allegiance to the flag( old & out of touch). Some how men and women still have babies

suzzer99
06-05-2020, 11:50 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE4y_9Hj2S/

To @realdonaldtrump

Through my ongoing conversations with friends, teammates, and leaders in the black community, I realize this is not an issue about the American flag. It has never been. We can no longer use the flag to turn people away or distract them from the real issues that face our black communities.

We did this back in 2017, and regretfully I brought it back with my comments this week. We must stop talking about the flag and shift our attention to the real issues of systemic racial injustice, economic oppression, police brutality, and judicial & prison reform.

We are at a critical juncture in our nation’s history! If not now, then when?

We as a white community need to listen and learn from the pain and suffering of our black communities. We must acknowledge the problems, identify the solutions, and then put this into action. The black community cannot do it alone. This will require all of us.

Holy shit. That is as legit as it gets.

Baby Lee
06-06-2020, 12:25 AM
We as a white community need to listen and learn from the pain and suffering of our black communities. We must acknowledge the problems, identify the solutions, and then put this into action. The black community cannot do it alone.

So now we're officially prioritizing our compassion by skin color?

Forget black and white, I wonder how these messages go over in communities such as Hmong, Haitian, Sioux, and Bosnian.

I know the Bosnian neighborhood a couple miles south of me weren't too keen during the Furgeson riots when several of their community were dragged from their cars at random and executed.

suzzer99
06-06-2020, 12:39 AM
Yes. It's called recognizing the historical, current, and most likely future state of affairs in America.

Most of these confederate monuments in the South (and places like Indiana lol) that are causing big controversies now - were erected in the 1930s to 1960s. Think about that. What crystal-clear message is that sending to the local black community? It has absolutely nothing to do with honoring history and everything to do with sending a message about who is in charge, and who better be scared.

Here's a voting literacy test in the Jim Crow south (https://allthatsinteresting.com/voting-literacy-test) - which was of course arbitrarily applied only to black people (the rule was you had to prove a 5th-grade education, or get someone to vouch for you who knew you in 5th grade - just perfect for arbitrary application):

https://allthatsinteresting.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Test1.jpg.CROP_.article920-large.jpg

10 minutes, no wrong answers. Good luck!

Oh but wait, that's just page one of three.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Test2.jpg.CROP_.article920-large.jpg

https://allthatsinteresting.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Test3-1.jpg.CROP_.article920-large-1.jpg

Remember - this is supposed to be a literacy test, nothing more. I can't imagine the level of corruption and cynicism that everyone up and down the line must have had to create and administer that test. Just pure evil.

I have a stop sign in front of my house in "liberal" Redondo Beach. Sometimes cops set up to bust people for running it. I've sat and watched them on multiple occasions. % of people with dark skin that I've seen pulled over vs. white people? 100%. DWB = Driving While Black, is not just a joke.

Here's a picture of my buddy Anthony in Hermosa Beach. About 20 of us were sitting in chairs on the beach, in a big circle, under umbrellas, drinking out of red solo cups. The cops walked up, singled him out, and wrote him a ticket for alcohol on the beach. He was the only black person in the whole group.

https://i.imgur.com/O862KEj.png

He laughed it off at the time. So we did too. Later one night he confided in my how much trouble he had with cops growing up in LA. Anthony is the most easy going, instantly likable guy I've ever met. Literally everyone loves Anthony. Somehow I always figured he was immune to that kind of stuff. That he'd just smile at the cop and say hi and get treated with kid gloves (like I always do). That was wrong.

That's what all this stuff is about.

mililo4cpa
06-06-2020, 09:06 AM

So you think that Drew Brees doesn't think of his grandfathers and their sacrifices when he stands for the anthem? That's a rather silly take there.

Also, do you think because people are up in arms that Drew Brees is going to stop thinking about his grandfathers and their sacrifices when the anthem plays.

To me, this is why you stand your ground: if you were honest in your original opinion, then you have nothing to be ashamed about. But now, Brees put himself in a bad position (assuming that some type of anthem protesting will resume): Placate your teammates by participating (at the expense of your true feelings) OR Shit on the legacy of your grandfathers by participating in something you don't really desire to do.

There are millions of ways to support the cause, without sacrificing who you are to do it.

In a way, I actually commend Colin Kaepernick more at this point. At least the dude never wavered in his opinions. Brees folded like a lawn chair when push came to shove.....

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-06-2020, 09:25 AM
It is the anthem they are kneeling for, not the flag. Took me too long to get that

mililo4cpa
06-06-2020, 09:38 AM
It is the anthem they are kneeling for, not the flag. Took me too long to get that

They are inseparable: The process is "the presentation of the colors", and the anthem is played during that presentation.

Don't get me wrong: If people want to take a knee, then take a knee....but to look down on people who don't share that belief is both non-sensical and inappropriate. The flag and anthem mean different things to different people. There is nothing racist or insensitive about it.

I personally don't care if people want to take a knee, but it's not something I would personally do or condone. Doesn't make me right, nor others wrong. It simply makes us different. But, since I'm comfortable in my skin, I don't feel like I have to do anything or say anything other than what I believe in. I know who I am, and I know what I'm about, and that's all I can be....

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-06-2020, 09:43 AM
I do not recall the kneeling as the flag is brought out. Any way I can separate the flag from the anthem, a little better now. "The land of the free" I think is the concern

mililo4cpa
06-06-2020, 09:50 AM
I do not recall the kneeling as the flag is brought out. Any way I can separate the flag from the anthem, a little better now

That's cool....again, no right or wrong here.

May I ask "why protest the anthem"?

And my thought of them being separable stems to the military: Upon presentation of the colors each morning, the anthem is played, and anyone within earshot should stop and salute (if in uniform) or stand at attention (if not in uniform), and civilians usually place their hands over their hearts. Those driving actually stop their vehicles in respect.

Also, I'm curious, has there been an instance where the anthem was played without the presentation of colors? I mean, certainly, I'm sure it's happened, but I wouldn't think that is a normal, common occurrence.

***not disagreeing with your position, just curious and would like to discuss!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-06-2020, 09:58 AM
I added, latter: that I think "The land of the free" is the concern.

It was written, I believe, during the War of 1812.

mililo4cpa
06-06-2020, 10:13 AM

thanks for the answer....

I certainly don't agree with that reasoning, but appreciate it. Thank you for the answer....

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-06-2020, 10:17 AM
This is a consumer society. The more new to replace the old the better!

mililo4cpa
06-06-2020, 10:22 AM
This is a consumer society. The more new to replace the old the better!

May I ask how you came about the understanding that it was that line in the anthem that is being protested and not the flag?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-06-2020, 10:25 AM
It was said some time ago. Do not recall the when or circumstance

mililo4cpa
06-06-2020, 10:28 AM
It was said some time ago. Do not recall the when or circumstance

didn't know if it was a first-hand conversation you've had with somebody, or read it somewhere.....again, just curious. Thanks for the discussion

raidersnumber1
06-06-2020, 10:38 AM
this guy needs to go the way of antonio brown....mouthy you know what.

dj56dt58
06-06-2020, 11:15 AM

You think they kneel because of “the land of the free”? I doubt half of them even know the damn lyrics. Are they debating we aren’t free? That blacks aren’t free?

ThaVirus
06-06-2020, 12:56 PM
this guy needs to go the way of antonio brown....mouthy you know what.

Hah. This is perfect.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2020, 02:44 PM
this guy needs to go the way of antonio brown....mouthy you know what.Wait, this guy is the "mouthy you know what"?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of my brothers made a public statement yesterday that I disagreed with. He apologized &amp; I accept it because that’s what we are taught to do as Christians. Now back to the movement! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GeorgeFloyd?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GeorgeFloyd</a></p>&mdash; Michael Thomas (@Cantguardmike) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/1268592412454248454?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'd love to have him as as Chief.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2020, 02:46 PM
So you think that Drew Brees doesn't think of his grandfathers and their sacrifices when he stands for the anthem? That's a rather silly take there.

Also, do you think because people are up in arms that Drew Brees is going to stop thinking about his grandfathers and their sacrifices when the anthem plays.

To me, this is why you stand your ground: if you were honest in your original opinion, then you have nothing to be ashamed about. But now, Brees put himself in a bad position (assuming that some type of anthem protesting will resume): Placate your teammates by participating (at the expense of your true feelings) OR Shit on the legacy of your grandfathers by participating in something you don't really desire to do.

There are millions of ways to support the cause, without sacrificing who you are to do it.

In a way, I actually commend Colin Kaepernick more at this point. At least the dude never wavered in his opinions. Brees folded like a lawn chair when push came to shove.....It appears that Brees considered additional information that changed his opinion. Honestly, that's how this should always work.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-06-2020, 02:57 PM
There is a nice picture of SB LIV MVP Patrick Mahomes. With a US Flag decal on the back of his helmet. rest easy

mililo4cpa
06-06-2020, 04:55 PM
It appears that Brees considered additional information that changed his opinion. Honestly, that's how this should always work.

Don't get me wrong, I think that two "brothers" getting together to work out their issues is a great thing and a healthy part of learning to co-exist with each other.

But that's not what happened here: this was a group of people piling on a guy that has done so much for the city and people of NOLA, and anything short of Brees doing a 180 on his stance wasn't going to be acceptable.

in this situation, there was no "mutual respect"....it was all one-sided, and very clear that anything short of Brees recanting his position wasn't going to be acceptable (and still hasn't been acceptable to some), all because his views don't align with others....

which is why I asked that, despite the 180 pivot Brees did, do you really think that Brees doesn't think of his grandfathers when the anthem plays? Did his mind suddenly change because he was a target of a large politically correct pile on?

So, two questions: If the kneeling begins again next season, do you think Drew stands (for his grandfathers honor and for what he obviously believes is right), or does he kneel (to support the cause)? Do you believe that he should do the opposite of what he believe in so that Michael Thomas and others won't negatively react?

Either way, he's certainly put himself into a hell of a quandary

In my opinion: you NEVER sacrifice what you believe is right. There are a million ways to support the cause without sacrificing who you are. I said it earlier, whether you like or hate Colin Kaepernick, at least the guy has never wavered on his beliefs....That guy certainly has conviction regardless of whether anyone thinks it's right or wrong....

P.S. Not trying to come across as "right or wrong" or anything like that....just think it's a very interesting conversation to have and wanting to know how people think on this....

eDave
06-06-2020, 05:38 PM

I don't think so. Let's see if he kneels.

Perineum Ripper
06-07-2020, 03:33 PM
Nah dude you launched the first attack on me. Rewind the tape. I have no idea who you are, lurker? mult? boring DC poster I never noticed? but apparently you're some kind of anti-fanboy of me. I'm honored.

I've said the point a half dozen times. It couldn't be more clear. Why is Kaep kneeling disrespectful the flag or troops or w/e - but "home of the CHIEFS" is not? Simplest question in the world.

I don’t know how asking a question, then saying keep your passive aggressive political bullshit Out of the lounge is personal. Was it the quitting of DC because you get too invested in politics?

Why does it matter if you know me or not? Plenty of people on the board know me, and the only reason I know you is because of your trip thread you made. Then I offered some advice and asked you questions on it. I’m not an anti fan boy of you, I just know you can’t rationally talk politics because you admitted it yourself.

I think if the kneeling is offensive, the stupid ass Chief’s thing should be offensive, although I can understand how people with rationalize one way or the other about it. I had no problem with the kneeling, I have no problem with the Chief’s chant. I am capable of seeing both sides of the coin and wish more people could. It will never happen because people become too entrenched into their view, and anything that challenges that view is construed as dumb or dangerous.

I apologize it took a few days to answer back, dog was sick and just found out she has kidney disease, or cancer. So a pissing match on the internet was the least of my concerns.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-07-2020, 04:42 PM
Foundations torn down and rebuilt. Is more practical in stages

suzzer99
06-08-2020, 12:32 AM
I don’t know how asking a question, then saying keep your passive aggressive political bullshit Out of the lounge is personal. Was it the quitting of DC because you get too invested in politics?

Why does it matter if you know me or not? Plenty of people on the board know me, and the only reason I know you is because of your trip thread you made. Then I offered some advice and asked you questions on it. I’m not an anti fan boy of you, I just know you can’t rationally talk politics because you admitted it yourself.

I think if the kneeling is offensive, the stupid ass Chief’s thing should be offensive, although I can understand how people with rationalize one way or the other about it. I had no problem with the kneeling, I have no problem with the Chief’s chant. I am capable of seeing both sides of the coin and wish more people could. It will never happen because people become too entrenched into their view, and anything that challenges that view is construed as dumb or dangerous.

I apologize it took a few days to answer back, dog was sick and just found out she has kidney disease, or cancer. So a pissing match on the internet was the least of my concerns.

Ok.

So my point was basically that I don't think it's fair that Kaepernick was blasted so hard for disrespecting the troops or w/e when there are very similar things which people just shrug off - like home of the CHIEFS.

My implication which you took as passive aggressive (because I didn't realize the mods were just gonna let these threads run and we could say whatever we want - which I applaud them for) was that white people seem to make up these rules as they go along. That's basically it.

I hope your dog feels better. I was pretty fired up about this issue but not looking to attack anyone over it. I just know black people who have confided in me how much crap they've been through in their lives from the cops, even in a relatively integrated city like LA. Ultimately I just want people to come together - and I'm encouraged by a lot of the dialog I've seen on this forum and elsewhere the last few days.