PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Help me pick the next game I should watch on GamePass

L.A. Chieffan
05-20-2020, 03:53 PM
Watching the condensed versions of many of Mahomes great games. I just finished the no look game against Ravens last year.

Watched the Rams game from last season since I never watched the actual broadcast, I was at the game. I forgot how many times Mahomes turned it over yet still almost pulled it out. That'll never happen again btw.

Let's see...I've rewatched all this years postseason games several times.

What say you, the masses? What game next?

L.A. Chieffan
05-20-2020, 03:54 PM
Booger might be the dumbest SOB on TV btw

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-20-2020, 04:19 PM
All games with Mahomes are worth a rerun. I wonder how many 4th qtr comebacks he has now . He has to be on an epic pace.

crispystl
05-20-2020, 04:20 PM
The 2018 game @ Pittsburgh. That's when I knew we were going to win a superbowl with this guy.

\

DJ's left nut
05-20-2020, 04:23 PM
The Vikings game.

You won't be distracted by Mahomes and you'll pay closer attention to the way the rest of the team started to gel.

It was the turning point for the championship run.

It's hard to watch a Mahomes game the last 2 years without just being blown away by Mahomes. He takes all other types of analysis off the table merely by being there.

But when you watch the Vikings game you see how many things are turning the corner and the rest of the season starts to make a lot of sense.

L.A. Chieffan
05-20-2020, 04:25 PM
The 2018 game @ Pittsburgh. That's when I knew we were going to win a superbowl with this guy.

\

Might be good, my brother in law is a Steelers fan and has been talking trash to me for YEARS. This was the game that finally shut him up haha

L.A. Chieffan
05-20-2020, 04:27 PM
The Vikings game.

You won't be distracted by Mahomes and you'll pay closer attention to the way the rest of the team started to gel.

It was the turning point for the championship run.

It's hard to watch a Mahomes game the last 2 years without just being blown away by Mahomes. He takes all other types of analysis off the table merely by being there.

But when you watch the Vikings game you see how many things are turning the corner and the rest of the season starts to make a lot of sense.
Yup that was a good one Vikings weren't push overs

Johnny Vegas
05-20-2020, 04:33 PM
I watched the season opener from 2009 when Haley screamed at Brodie Croyle to snap the fucking ball!! LMAO Also watched that Manning/Brady game where the Pats couldn’t convert a 4th down deep in Indys territory. Colts turned out a win. Some classics throughout too. Chiefs ruining the Pats banner night opening week. MNF with the Chargers where Rivers posterizes himself with the ‘worst day ever’ gif LMAO

DJ's left nut
05-20-2020, 04:35 PM
Yup that was a good one Vikings weren't push overs

It'll be lost to time, but it's one of the most important regular season wins in franchise history.

3 straight home losses and a game without their star QB against a playoff team. Things could've gone real south, real fast and if so who knows what happens? If you have the Titans loss the following week, everything is on a much different trajectory.

And they played their asses off. You could tell by the joy on the sidelines that they put everything they had into that game and suddenly knew what they were capable of.

L.A. Chieffan
05-20-2020, 04:44 PM
I watched the season opener from 2009 when Haley screamed at Brodie Croyle to snap the fucking ball!! LMAO Also watched that Manning/Brady game where the Pats couldn’t convert a 4th down deep in Indys territory. Colts turned out a win. Some classics throughout too. Chiefs ruining the Pats banner night opening week. MNF with the Chargers where Rivers posterizes himself with the ‘worst day ever’ gif LMAO
Aww man I don't think I could re watch the Haley-Romeo years...once was enough

L.A. Chieffan
05-20-2020, 04:46 PM
It'll be lost to time, but it's one of the most important regular season wins in franchise history.

3 straight home losses and a game without their star QB against a playoff team. Things could've gone real south, real fast and if so who knows what happens? If you have the Titans loss the following week, everything is on a much different trajectory.

And they played their asses off. You could tell by the joy on the sidelines that they put everything they had into that game and suddenly knew what they were capable of.

Good one might do full replay and not just condensed haha

KC Hawks
05-20-2020, 04:51 PM
I watched Reid's first game against the Jags in 2013 just to see how different the offense was. It's night and day.

The Franchise
05-20-2020, 04:56 PM
Any of the games from Matt Cassel’s Pro Bowl season.

L.A. Chieffan
05-20-2020, 05:49 PM
Watching the Vikings game, Moore threw a TD that Hill made an amazing grab forgot about that. Great catch

eDave
05-20-2020, 06:15 PM
Super Bowl. One more time.

displacedinMN
05-20-2020, 07:04 PM
Colts playoff game from two years ago.

one of Mahomes passes looks like it curves around a Colt defender. 4th Q.

DJ's left nut
05-20-2020, 08:22 PM
Here's something completely different:

11/29/15 - Chiefs vs. Bills at Arrowhead.

The 2015 season gets remembered for the 1-5 start, the Charles injury and the wild winning streak to get into the playoffs and finally get that elusive playoff win. But it doesn't get much thought beyond that. It really should.

2013 and 2014 aren't really a part of anything that's happened here the last few years, IMO. The turnover was just too great and the offense just too stilted and a little archaic. It looked nothing like it would look even 2 seasons later. But 2015? Well that's a different story. It was the arrival of Kelce, Morse, Peters, Conley and LDT. It was the first real step towards the spread/West Coast hybrid that Reid had been developing and the process was accelerated with the loss of Charles.

It also had a 10 game winning streak and a playoff win that convinced these guys there was a roadmap forward. So they go out into FA and get Mitchell Schwartz because A) he wanted to be here and B) they knew they might be onto something so he'd be more than just a shiny hood ornament on a fringe playoff team. That new offense convinced us that a guy like Tyreek Hill could really work here, so we drafted him.

I see that as the true springboard into what the team ultimately evolved towards.

And the most impressive game of that season was the Bills game. Sean Smith was hot garbage in the first half (Watkins was just toying with him) and Alex Smith was taking an absolute beating. It was raining, the field was shit and a loss puts us back under .500. The crowd was miserable and everyone just kinda wanted to go home. Then Smith and Maclin connected for a long TD at the end of the half to only go into the half down 2, Sean Smith unfucked himself and the Chiefs played a real tight second half to come back and win it.

It was an awesome, ugly, gut-check of a football game and it was key in the season that kick-started the present powerhouse team.

It's not #1 on any list I'll ever put together, but if you have time and no limitations, it's a fun one to watch and think about how it helped get us here.

DaneMcCloud
05-20-2020, 08:49 PM
Maybe it's my internet connection (even though it's 475mbps) but everything on Game Pass looks like dogshit on my 75" 4K TV, like, unwatchable.

Does anyone else have this issue?

L.A. Chieffan
05-20-2020, 09:35 PM
Maybe it's my internet connection (even though it's 475mbps) but everything on Game Pass looks like dogshit on my 75" 4K TV, like, unwatchable.

How are you watching it on the TV? They won't let me cast the app so I've had to screen mirror from the browser on my tablet. It messes up the aspect ratio but other than that the quality is ok

dj56dt58
05-20-2020, 11:34 PM
How are you watching it on the TV? They won't let me cast the app so I've had to screen mirror from the browser on my tablet. It messes up the aspect ratio but other than that the quality is ok

There is an app on roku

scho63
05-21-2020, 02:03 AM
2007 WNBA Semi finals.

Simply Red
05-21-2020, 02:23 AM
Africa Oh Brave Africa

mdstu
05-21-2020, 08:26 AM

Same for me. I just assumed that they were capping speeds on their side, due to it being free for everyone.

ChiefBlueCFC
05-21-2020, 08:49 AM
Booger might be the dumbest SOB on TV btw

Its almost a shame that ESPN got rid of him on MNF. It isn't a shame, but it's almost a shame because he was incredibly awful.

ChiefBlueCFC
05-21-2020, 08:52 AM
I watched the 2013 season opener against the Jags the other day since I never got to watch it... Careful if you do, you might throw something at your tv at the sight of Bob Sutton tho.

It definitely puts into contrast Alex and Patrick, watching Alex's first game with the Chiefs...

DaneMcCloud
05-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Same for me. I just assumed that they were capping speeds on their side, due to it being free for everyone.

I’ve been a subscriber for the past two seasons, mainly to watch Mahomes in the preseason, and the picture quality has been the same throughout: Shit.

DaneMcCloud
05-21-2020, 09:23 AM

Roku TV’s and one USB stick

Shoes
05-21-2020, 11:01 AM
Chiefs vs. Raiders 2013, Week 15

If you can stomach the Alex Smith era of Chiefs football and are looking for something a little different to watch, this is a fun game to go back to. 87 combined points by the Chiefs and Raiders- some will remember this game because of Jamaal Charles monster game (200+ yards from scrimmage & 5 TDs, most of his damage done via the air).

Alex Smith vs Matt McGloin sounds awful but trust me you'll enjoy watching this one, even get to see a prime Eric Berry.

displacedinMN
05-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Chiefs at raiders 2018.

Mahomes shoots a bullet at the endzone and the raiders D on the ground drops his head in disbelief

10 sec left in the third Q

DJ's left nut
05-21-2020, 11:24 AM
Chiefs at raiders 2018.

Mahomes shoots a bullet at the endzone and the raiders D on the ground drops his head in disbelief

Place a ball in Harris's hands and he'll drop it.

Fire a missile with a tail on it through three defenders and he'll slide to the ground and cradle it in his back arm.

There was never any rhyme or reason to what that dude would catch vs what he wouldn't.

L.A. Chieffan
05-21-2020, 03:30 PM
Chiefs at raiders 2018.

It was good defense Mahomes just threw a laser

The defense was so bad for the chiefs they even made the Raiders look competent

L.A. Chieffan
05-21-2020, 03:33 PM
You know what I love about that Vikings game? Damien breaks off that 90 yard TD, there's like no guys within twenty yards of him and then Tyreek catches up to him pats him on the back and Damien looks at him like "WTF! Where did you come from?"