PDA

View Full Version : Football Weekend Lake House: Do you have one?

Mr_Tomahawk
06-14-2020, 08:51 PM
The family has been contemplating on getting a weekend getaway place on a lake of sorts...something with lakefront and a dock. So that eliminates a lot of lakes... located within 3 hours of KC.

So I’m curious for those who have something like this; where is it? And how do you like it...or don’t like about it?

+10 points if it is NOT at the Lake of the Ozarks.

RustShack
06-14-2020, 09:08 PM
My soon to be sister in law has one at lake Lotawana that we go to a lot, and we love it!

ChiefsCountry
06-14-2020, 09:12 PM
+10 points if it is NOT at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Fuck you

Valiant
06-14-2020, 09:20 PM
Stockton. Core lake, so no lakefronts. We have our own dock and ramp.

Jewish Rabbi
06-14-2020, 09:20 PM
Only one? Fuckin pussy.

srvy
06-14-2020, 09:30 PM
When I was young Dad bought a plot on Taneycomo put a mobile home on it. Realy loved it there. Then sold it and bought on the Lake of the Ozarks Sunrise Beach a nice beach house was on it. Going to the lake was a working weekend with little time to play. Then it got crowded and the ocean liner folks from St Lou rolled in. Dad at retirement sold it at a nice profit and bought land and built a lake home on Table Rock we have to this day. Dad is gone and mom quit traveling years ago. I along with brother and Sisters use it. Its a corps lake so how close you get to the water is determined by flood plane in the area. I dont mind that though. Its a really nice lake but its gotten more crowded but you can still get away from it.

KurtCobain
06-14-2020, 09:30 PM
Fuck you

LMAO

lewdog
06-14-2020, 09:41 PM
I just bought one with my last stimulus check.

Mahomes_Is_God
06-14-2020, 10:47 PM
I live in a fucking trailer.

Rain Man
06-14-2020, 10:48 PM
I live in a ****ing trailer.

On the lake?

Mahomes_Is_God
06-14-2020, 10:51 PM
On the lake?

No, it's in your asshole.

Rain Man
06-14-2020, 10:52 PM
I can't see the win in having a second home or getaway. I can only be somewhere for 365.25 days per year, so I'd rather pay to maintain one place than two.

I've got a hobby of looking for real estate for an eventual retirement residence where I can free up a lot of home equity, though. Places on lakes seem pretty nice, but then I remember that I have no interest in doing anything on a lake. I don't fish, I don't boat, I don't dive, I don't swim. I'd be buying purely for the views, and I'm not sure it's worth it. There are some places with nice views, though.

Rain Man
06-14-2020, 10:54 PM
No, it's in your asshole.

Please don't use your jet ski, then.

SuperBowl4
06-15-2020, 12:54 AM
Yes I do, but it's a mansion.

SuperBowl4
06-15-2020, 12:56 AM
**** youMr. T just docked you -20 points for your vulgarity.

Nickhead
06-15-2020, 01:24 AM
Diamond beach is where it’s at :D

scho63
06-15-2020, 01:31 AM
No house on the lake but I do live in a van down by the river.......

chinaski
06-15-2020, 06:09 AM
We have a Cabin in the Mountains, there is a small lake you can fish and boat on, it's regularly stocked with Trout.

Love it, but it's a shit ton of work and costs a lot to maintain.

JD10367
06-15-2020, 06:50 AM
I can't see the win in having a second home or getaway. I can only be somewhere for 365.25 days per year, so I'd rather pay to maintain one place than two.

This. I never understand why rich people own 15 houses they use one weekend a year. For the price and upkeep you can stay in the best hotel in that town for 10% of your cost.

Dunerdr
06-15-2020, 07:17 AM
My grandparents had a house on LOTO then sold it to my parents who sold it in 05 ish and bought one on grand lake in OK. Eventually sold that because it turned into a job more than realaxation. My dad settled on using the money for a camper with a drop gate in the back, his harley, a polaris rzr, and a tri toon. Now he takes his "lake home" anywhere he wants and can take the rzr or harley with him and takes the camper to a local lake and parks it several weekends a year. Less maitnence in many aspects. more storage required.

CoMoChief
06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Parents will have one next summer which I'll use from time to time.

Right now I have a pontoon slip at Jacomo south dock. It's about 5min from my place.

Makes it extremely convenient.

tooge
06-15-2020, 07:34 AM
My $.02. I've had lots of buddies that had houses at LOZ, Stockton, and Table Rock. None of them do anymore. We'd go down there, spend the first day "opening" the cabin and boat, grocery shopping, and usually doing a project that comes with owning a place at a lake or away from your main residence. In other words, there was always some maintenance that needed to be done. Then we'd spend a day on the water cruising around, but only limited, because lake gas is super expensive and boats suck gas. Then we'd end up back at the place for dinner/drinks and floating in the water. Then the last day would be "closing up the cabin and boat". Those guys have all either sold and are done, or sold and bought a maintenance free condo. Way easier. For $600 for a long weekend, once a month during summer, I can have a condo or VRBO to rent, a boat, and no hassle when I get THere or leave. Thats less than half the mortgage you'd pay and it's just during the summer.

58-4ever
06-15-2020, 07:38 AM
I've been looking. It's hard to find a Tier 1 property.

Tanglewood is a decent lake, but there is a lot of meth out there. (a lot of meth at most lakes, but this one seems extreme)

Linn Valley is decent, but the POA can be a pain from what I hear. They have to approve all architectural designs.

There are a lot of smaller lakes in KS and MO. The most expensive tends to be Lotawana in Lee's Summit...

58-4ever
06-15-2020, 07:39 AM
This. I never understand why rich people own 15 houses they use one weekend a year. For the price and upkeep you can stay in the best hotel in that town for 10% of your cost.

Perhaps they see it as an investment that they can sell closer to retirement. :thumb:

58-4ever
06-15-2020, 07:41 AM
My $.02. I've had lots of buddies that had houses at LOZ, Stockton, and Table Rock. None of them do anymore. We'd go down there, spend the first day "opening" the cabin and boat, grocery shopping, and usually doing a project that comes with owning a place at a lake or away from your main residence. In other words, there was always some maintenance that needed to be done. Then we'd spend a day on the water cruising around, but only limited, because lake gas is super expensive and boats suck gas. Then we'd end up back at the place for dinner/drinks and floating in the water. Then the last day would be "closing up the cabin and boat". Those guys have all either sold and are done, or sold and bought a maintenance free condo. Way easier. For $600 for a long weekend, once a month during summer, I can have a condo or VRBO to rent, a boat, and no hassle when I get THere or leave. Thats less than half the mortgage you'd pay and it's just during the summer.

Yeah, there is a counter argument. If you're one of those families that goes to the lake every weekend and whenever you can, it might be worth it. Also, you will have a spot for your kids when it is time as well... I dunno, I see both sides for sure.

displacedinMN
06-15-2020, 07:47 AM

Family has had one for many years. I would agree with most of what is said here.

If you get a year around, or can use it more than weekends, it makes it better.
Not saying you shouldn't. But it is work. The more modern the better for you.

My brother in law is comfortable enough that he can have most work done. Snow removal, lifts, docks. His is a year around "cabin"

WhawhaWhat
06-15-2020, 07:47 AM
Please don't use your jet ski, then.

Speak for yourself.

WhawhaWhat
06-15-2020, 07:52 AM
My family has had a place at the Lake of the Ozarks since the 60s when my Dad was a kid. I've been going down there on weekends during the summer for whole life. Many miles away from the dam so we're not around all the party people. Lots of families that are friendly and pretty much keep to themselves. I'm not much a fisherman but I like boating and just relaxing and watching boats drive by.

bdlangton
06-15-2020, 07:52 AM
Extended family has a place in Bella Vista, AR which is a super nice area. There are a few different lakes with lakefront property around them.

neech
06-15-2020, 08:39 AM
Tooge has the best answer.

crayzkirk
06-15-2020, 08:49 AM
Tooge has the best answer.

I'll second this as a long time owner of a lake house. I've been going to Pomme De Terr for most of my life. Camped as a kid, learned to ski and have a lot of great memories. Got a lake house in 2001, compromise with my girlfriend at the time. I wanted a dock so we ended up getting the house she wanted with no dock. Used it a lot with family and friends; we split up and I bought her out. Don't use it as much and it's reaching that tipping point of whether to keep it or not. Trying to sell a lake house that doesn't have a dock and on a corp lake where no new dock sites are available is tricky.

The lake used to be a hidden gem; it's no longer a secret. It's gotten so busy on weekends that it's dangerous to go out in a boat under 25 feet. Things have started to go out and it will be time to replace the AC/furnace soon. You find out who your real friends are; the ones that just want to go and party or the ones that will come down and help you rebuild the deck, paint, clean the gutters or work on the boats.

ptlyon
06-15-2020, 09:11 AM
I've got both. A pond and a pool. The pond is good for you though.

Rain Man
06-15-2020, 09:23 AM
Yeah, there is a counter argument. If you're one of those families that goes to the lake every weekend and whenever you can, it might be worth it. Also, you will have a spot for your kids when it is time as well... I dunno, I see both sides for sure.

I can also see it as a good purchase if you're a patriarch/matriarch and want a gathering spot for all of your kids and grandkids. If you do the maintenance and have three or four families using it, that could be a win.

We've got a time share in California - just two weeks a years, but it's in a very nice place. It was a gift from my in-laws. It's a 1,400 square foot condo with (usually) great ocean views and nice amenities, so it's a great place to go hang out. However, the maintenance fees and taxes are about $3,000 a year, so it's a $200+ per night commitment for 14 days every year. We go back and forth about selling it because it's kind of extravagant for two people, but if you're grandparents you can invite your kids/grandkids and cook in the unit and stuff, and it's a great deal since you can utilize the second bedroom.

displacedinMN
06-15-2020, 09:27 AM
The best part about owning is that if the weather sucks, you have another day.

Time share and rent-if the weather sucks, that is it. Your vacation sucked.

Monticore
06-15-2020, 09:28 AM
I have one 15 minutes from my house, I spent like 1 weekend there last summer because kids are active in sports but with twice the work/cost (need double of everything) of 1 home for me right now it is not worth it. Maybe when the kids are gone and I am retired I might just sell the main house and move out there and finally enjoy it.

Rain Man
06-15-2020, 09:56 AM
I have one 15 minutes from my house, I spent like 1 weekend there last summer because kids are active in sports but with twice the work/cost (need double of everything) of 1 home for me right now it is not worth it. Maybe when the kids are gone and I am retired I might just sell the main house and move out there and finally enjoy it.

If it's 15 minutes away, why not sell the main house now and move to the lake house? Too small?

Dayze
06-15-2020, 10:09 AM
as a teen, I had a friend who's parents had a super small lot on Table Rock. and a long, steep trail down to a tiny little boat dock . The lot was basically big enough to park a car or two, and to house their pop up camper they kept down there on a bed of gravel/rock. WOrked out great since we would just get up early, and go out on the boat all day, then swim at the dock; grill out. I used to go with their family all the time. They didn't make a ton of money, just enough to grab a small little plot.

and even as basic as those weekend excursions were, it was still a pain in the ass .I'd hlep them pack up the 2 cars; the drive town there; set up everything . then close up the site when leaving.

only way I would ever want a lake house would be if I lived there full time.
Seems like, as others have desribed, the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze over time / as the 'newness' wears off.

2bikemike
06-15-2020, 11:12 AM
I just retired to a lake house. It is a small lake but big enough to ski on. So my primary residence is on the lake. I have only lived here about 10 days so I haven't gotten past that "I feel like I am just on Vacation" feeling.

Back in the day my uncle had property on the Lake of the Ozarks. They used to go every weekend, he had built a gorgeous house for his retirement. Once he retired they moved down to the lake and lasted about 8 months before he got sick of the crowds and moved back to KC.

eDave
06-15-2020, 11:15 AM
My dad bought some land at at Lodge of the 4 seasons. Maybe five seasons. We kids were stoked that we were getting a lake front home. Once completed, he sold it. We were bummed. Had a tree going right through the deck!

BeMyValentine
06-15-2020, 12:02 PM
Lake Viking headed north on I-35 and Sun Valley Lake in Iowa might be what you are looking for.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-15-2020, 12:56 PM
I've got one at Lake Texoma but its 7 hours away so only get there 2-3 times a year. Corp land so lot rent is 2100 /year Have to pay the minimum utility charge monthly,taxes and insurance so it's a 4k a year expense. It's 5 minutes from the lake but it's a place I can meet family half way and we can relax. I'll probably sell in the next few years .

Mr_Tomahawk
06-15-2020, 01:04 PM
Yes, we hear that a lot about these places becoming more of a money pit and maintenance pig rather than a weekend get-away. I guess that was the point of this thread; to find those individuals who have found the Golden Ticket in regards to keeping things simple.

I just spent the weekend in northern Minnesota at a friends cabin. The cabin has been in their family for 3 generations. It does require some attention at the "opening" and "closing" of the cabin, but outside of that...it's merely picking up after yourself when you leave and don't leave anything that can spoil in the fridge.

We actually have a group of friends that have been going to Pomme de Terre for a while and really like it. It's only a couple hours away...but you would have to find an existing house and dock at this point which are hard to come by.

We also have friends at Viking lake...but that is becoming too residential for us and that is one I could envision requiring a lot of attention to.

Keep them coming tho!

InChiefsHeaven
06-15-2020, 01:06 PM
I have a friend here who has a trailer on LOZ. He uses the shit out of it, even though it's a 6 hour drive from here. Seriously, I'd bet half his weekends in a year are spent there. He's definitely getting his money's worth.

TribalElder
06-15-2020, 01:09 PM
I had friends who had parents that owned lake "houses" or trailers. My cousins also had a place at Lake of the Ozarks. Way back when you could get a place fairly cheap but seems like the cost of entry has went up quite a bit. I'm not sure I would want to deal with the hassle of having a lake house for a few trips every summer when you could likely rent a house for a week at a number of places and walk away when the week is over without paying upkeep/taxes/liability insurance etc

Monticore
06-15-2020, 10:36 PM
If it's 15 minutes away, why not sell the main house now and move to the lake house? Too small?

The main house is pretty nice and my wife’s dream home but at some point 6k square feet 4 levels will be a bit much for just two , we want to enjoy it while we can and the convenience of being in town is nice with the kids right now.

Hammock Parties
06-15-2020, 10:42 PM
Pops place is 2 minutes from lake Stockton.

Nice refuge for me.

BWillie
06-15-2020, 11:22 PM
No. And don't want one. I'm not an aquatic organism and I do not have gills. I don't understand ppl who get joy off of sitting on a beach or riding around on a boat. Its water.

Hamwallet
06-16-2020, 03:55 AM
My fiancé’s parents live on Lake Murray, it’s north west of Columbia South Carolina. We go about once every other month year round. Kayak, fish and sail. It’s a fun time!

Red Beans
06-16-2020, 05:44 AM
I live on the river, so it's kind of a yes and no for me.

O.city
06-16-2020, 06:36 AM
Wife’s grandparents have a cabin on norfork lake. Has a dock that they share with 6 other people. Her grandfather built all 6 cabins and the pavilion. He passed away this year so I’ve apparently been out in charge of moving the dock when it’s our month and other responsibilities

Kind of a pain as it’s about 2.5 hours from my house

Bob Dole
06-16-2020, 07:24 AM
I have one, but I live in it all the time and it’s a creek not a lake.

Red Beans
06-16-2020, 08:01 AM
I have one, but I live in it all the time and it’s a creek not a lake.

Holy shit, Bob Dole and I have something in common. Let us bond you crusty, old mod. Let us bond!

F150
06-16-2020, 08:30 AM
assume upkeep at 150% of what you think it will be.

And develop a list of repair people and carpenters that work.

You will find its a different mentality in service industries and trades in vacation home areas

DJ's left nut
06-16-2020, 08:43 AM
I have a friend here who has a trailer on LOZ. He uses the shit out of it, even though it's a 6 hour drive from here. Seriously, I'd bet half his weekends in a year are spent there. He's definitely getting his money's worth.

My dad had a trailer in the spot behind Frank and Louie's - it was damn near perfect for him.

Essentially zero upkeep. He got one of the spots on their little feeder creek so he could just drop a line in here and there if he wanted. If he didn't want to cook, he walked down to the bar. He made friends w/ the folks around him and they just partied all weekend. Occasionally he'd pull out a weed-eater and clean up the area around the site. Kept his boat in a slip at the community dock down there so he had no maintenance costs for the dock.

When he retired he bought a house down there but still kept the trailer for another year or two before he sold it. I kinda wish I would've bought it from him but it was nearing the end of it's useful life.

If you're looking for peace and quiet - that's not the spot. It's 100 yards behind a bar so there's lots of activity/noise pretty much all the time. But there are other parks you could buy into.

The biggest problem with the lake is still traffic/chop. You can do a reasonable sized pontoon out there but if you're looking at a runabout, 28 is about as small as I'd go. When I first started heading there about 30 years ago, my grandparents had a 21 ft open bow bayliner and it did the job just fine. Now you'd get swamped in that thing trying to do a holiday weekend.

If I had my own place and were within 2 hours of the Lake, you couldn't pay me enough to go down on a holiday weekend.

Easy 6
06-16-2020, 08:45 AM
I do, it’s actually more like a tent... but I prefer to think of it as my lake house

ChiefsCountry
06-16-2020, 09:16 AM
My dad had a trailer in the spot behind Frank and Louie's - it was damn near perfect for him.

Essentially zero upkeep. He got one of the spots on their little feeder creek so he could just drop a line in here and there if he wanted. If he didn't want to cook, he walked down to the bar. He made friends w/ the folks around him and they just partied all weekend. Occasionally he'd pull out a weed-eater and clean up the area around the site. Kept his boat in a slip at the community dock down there so he had no maintenance costs for the dock.

When he retired he bought a house down there but still kept the trailer for another year or two before he sold it. I kinda wish I would've bought it from him but it was nearing the end of it's useful life.

If you're looking for peace and quiet - that's not the spot. It's 100 yards behind a bar so there's lots of activity/noise pretty much all the time. But there are other parks you could buy into.

The biggest problem with the lake is still traffic/chop. You can do a reasonable sized pontoon out there but if you're looking at a runabout, 28 is about as small as I'd go. When I first started heading there about 30 years ago, my grandparents had a 21 ft open bow bayliner and it did the job just fine. Now you'd get swamped in that thing trying to do a holiday weekend.

If I had my own place and were within 2 hours of the Lake, you couldn't pay me enough to go down on a holiday weekend.

I know the owners of Frankie and Louies pretty well. Its insane what they make off the trailer lot rent. The bar is essentially fun coupons for them.

DJ's left nut
06-16-2020, 09:19 AM
I know the owners of Frankie and Louies pretty well. Its insane what they make off the trailer lot rent. The bar is essentially fun coupons for them.

Yeah, I met 'em a time or two. Seemed like nice enough guys but yeah, everyone in the area knows those guys are looooaaaaded. I feel like I remember one of them kinda losing their ass in something about 6-8 years ago.

All the credit in the world to 'em though - dudes have a unique spot in an area that doesn't have much that's unique. The beach gets families out there and kicks up some nice profits on food that many bars can't unlock and as you noted, the park is essentially found money.

Renegade
06-16-2020, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I met 'em a time or two. Seemed like nice enough guys but yeah, everyone in the area knows those guys are looooaaaaded. I feel like I remember one of them kinda losing their ass in something about 6-8 years ago.

All the credit in the world to 'em though - dudes have a unique spot in an area that doesn't have much that's unique. The beach gets families out there and kicks up some nice profits on food that many bars can't unlock and as you noted, the park is essentially found money.

So you are saying it is laundering business? What is next-opening a casino? Maybe investing in poppies?

Mr_Tomahawk
06-16-2020, 09:54 AM
So you are saying it is laundering business? What is next-opening a casino? Maybe investing in poppies?

:LOL:LMAO

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 10:22 AM
what about like on the osage river south of truman?

kinda out of town, woodsy. it's the beginning of LOZ but not all douches.

truman is surrounded by corps and no private docks but you can get some absolutely stunning views.

how much you looking to spend? if you dont mind me asking

Mr_Tomahawk
06-16-2020, 10:34 AM

truman is surrounded by corps and no private docks but you can get some absolutely stunning views.

That's interesting.

Stupid question; can I have a dock on a river? What about the river bounce/flooding?

I am very intrigued. Looking for around the $250k mark (max). 3 bdrm, 2 baths. Essentials.

DJ's left nut
06-16-2020, 10:51 AM

I wonder what you can build on the shoreline at Truman?

So you park your boat at a 'community' dock but if you want to sit at your shoreline and grill/drink you build a patio/gazebo of sorts at the shoreline instead. So you can go get your 'dock' views from the waterline - you're just on land instead. If you're allowed to install retaining/sea walls, you wouldn't need to worry about erosion either.

Same 'lounge' benefits as a dock but far less maintenance. Would seem to depend on setback requirements but even then, if the setbacks are reasonable (and again, if you're allowed retaining walls) you can just build it to the edge of the setback and then have stairs to the water if you wanted to finish the look. You could even create a 'beachead' past the setback with a little backhoe work and a load of sand.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 11:10 AM
I wonder what you can build on the shoreline at Truman?

So you park your boat at a 'community' dock but if you want to sit at your shoreline and grill/drink you build a patio/gazebo of sorts at the shoreline instead. So you can go get your 'dock' views from the waterline - you're just on land instead. If you're allowed to install retaining/sea walls, you wouldn't need to worry about erosion either.

Same 'lounge' benefits as a dock but far less maintenance. Would seem to depend on setback requirements but even then, if the setbacks are reasonable (and again, if you're allowed retaining walls) you can just build it to the edge of the setback and then have stairs to the water if you wanted to finish the look. You could even create a 'beachead' past the setback with a little backhoe work and a load of sand.

the corps owns a certain amount of the frontage. i'm not sure how thats figured but its a walk to the water through brush in most spots.

you cant install anything IIRC.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 11:16 AM
That's interesting.

Stupid question; can I have a dock on a river? What about the river bounce/flooding?

I am very intrigued. Looking for around the $250k mark (max). 3 bdrm, 2 baths. Essentials.

well i have a dock on the river (actually my FIL does lol).

it's the start of the LOZ.
the level is controlled by the bagnell dam so you can pretty much bet that there will be water and no flooding from memorial to labor day every year or they would be fucking tourism at the LOZ.

i've never seen any houses get flooded and i know where a couple are that sit about 5 feet over normal pool.

i dont carry a cell phone anymore but feel free to ask any questions and if you get serious i could look around and see whats available.

i've been looking at property anyways lately lol

Mr_Tomahawk
06-16-2020, 11:22 AM
well i have a dock on the river (actually my FIL does lol).

it's the start of the LOZ.
the level is controlled by the bagnell dam so you can pretty much bet that there will be water and no flooding from memorial to labor day every year or they would be ****ing tourism at the LOZ.

i've never seen any houses get flooded and i know where a couple are that sit about 5 feet over normal pool.

i dont carry a cell phone anymore but feel free to ask any questions and if you get serious i could look around and see whats available.

i've been looking at property anyways lately lol

...And are you talking about the Warsaw area....?

LiveSteam
06-16-2020, 11:39 AM
Can you ski and tube ect on the Osage river?
Everytime I cross it in Warsaw. I just see a few pontoons if anything at all.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 11:53 AM
Can you ski and tube ect on the Osage river?
Everytime I cross it in Warsaw. I just see a few pontoons if anything at all.

yes. there are coves all over.

hell i just test drove a car over that bridge and there were no less than 20 boats i could see.

and another good thing is that truman lake is just a couple miles away so you get both worlds.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 11:56 AM
...And are you talking about the Warsaw area....?

warsaw and south towards the LOZ.

theres places all throughout the area.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-16-2020, 12:02 PM

hell i just test drove a car over that bridge and there were no less than 20 boats i could see.

and another good thing is that truman lake is just a couple miles away so you get both worlds.

But aren't you on the wrong side of the Dam to get to Truman?

LiveSteam
06-16-2020, 12:03 PM

Sounds better than the lake.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 12:20 PM
But aren't you on the wrong side of the Dam to get to Truman?

well yeah lol...

but you can always pull out and use a corps ramp on the lake.

people go between the 2 all the time.

our family's dock is on the river and we put the boat in at shawnee bend and fish the lake and stuff quite often.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 12:25 PM
honestly there's not much you can do on the lake that you cant do on the river.

and if you wanted to do the LOZ party night thing you could just take your boat, we've gone dam to dam many times over the years.

Al Bundy
06-16-2020, 12:46 PM
In Tampa.

Marcellus
06-16-2020, 01:34 PM
That's interesting.

You can get a sweet place on Table Rock for that budget. 3 of my coworkers have houses there.

Edit: Never mind on Beaver Lake its farther.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 01:50 PM
You can get a sweet place on Table Rock for that budget. 3 of my coworkers have houses there.

Edit: Never mind on Beaver Lake its farther.

i love the beaver lake/ eureka springs area. absolutely love it. the roads are fun to drive too

Mr_Tomahawk
06-16-2020, 04:54 PM
Are there any boat accessible restaurants between Warsaw and the LOZ?

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 05:04 PM
Are there any boat accessible restaurants between Warsaw and the LOZ?

Quite a few. Marinas also. Bars.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-16-2020, 05:08 PM
Quite a few. Marinas also. Bars.

Any you recommend in Warsaw?

I am actually heading down to Pomme De Terre Lake a week from Thursday to visit some friends and was thinking about detouring through Warsaw if there is a dive on the water that you recommend.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 05:13 PM
Any you recommend in Warsaw?

I am actually heading down to Pomme De Terre Lake a week from Thursday to visit some friends and was thinking about detouring through Warsaw if there is a dive on the water that you recommend.

The best one here retired last year. Anything else is run of the mill.

We spent the weekend in a yurt at pomme last year. It was pretty neat. We had fun.

SAUTO
06-16-2020, 05:14 PM
R bar has good food but they are about a block off the water.

Shiver Me Timbers
06-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Lake Viking headed north on I-35 and Sun Valley Lake in Iowa might be what you are looking for.

I would go south 200 miles. stays warmer longer, the humidity is higher and the bugs are bigger. Beaver Lake seems nice............

Mr_Tomahawk
06-16-2020, 05:23 PM
"Dam Restaurant and Lounge" looks to be on the water...and right off Hwy-7....may give it a try. Has a covid patio so we may give it a whirl.

ChiefsCountry
06-16-2020, 08:12 PM
Best place to eat in that part of the world is Charley's Buffet.

Brody Wa
06-16-2020, 08:19 PM
I have fond memories of Warnock Lake in Atchison Kansas. I have a feeling however you aren’t looking for a place that has college keggers and funny smelling cigarette smoke. 😎

FishingRod
06-17-2020, 05:39 PM
Grand Lake. 3 hours south ok KC. Have had a place there since 2008. Sold my place in KC 2 years ago and moved here. Not moving back

Rain Man
06-17-2020, 07:06 PM
Grand Lake. 3 hours south ok KC. Have had a place there since 2008. Sold my place in KC 2 years ago and moved here. Not moving back

You should consider taking up fishing.

ptlyon
06-18-2020, 07:21 AM
I'm sure he's caught a Paddlefish or two